JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - KIMI YUKI

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573684 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2360 on: October 15, 2016, 06:10:55 PM »
I think I would be fine with buying used if I knew how to determine what's ok to buy . . .
In general Japanese take good care of their stuff, usually it says what condition it is in and they are usually very honest, most of what I bought has been as new.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2361 on: October 15, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »
i think i have all passpo live dvds from the first one (the 2011's to the latest) --- except the Shibuya kokaido flight one...Haha.

maybe i should buy that to complete my collection, lol.

While in Mulan, I came across this thing. I don't know if I would call this rare but I've never seen it anywhere online. It's basically some kind of box set for their first three DVD releases. It was around 7500y. This was what I would personally consider to be pricy, but, it was cheaper than buying all three DVDs separately and it included a special box, along with a small photo book. I couldn't really pass this up.  :D

I bought that dvd one by one when it came out 3 years ago in 2013. It cost 13.500 yen for all of them (and it comes with 3 free poster - all the same looking one though). 7500 yen for that boxset is quite cheap ! almost half the price --- so good buy  :)

(old pic from my blog post in 2013)

Pretty lie is a song I never thought much of until recently. After seeing it a few times along with the crowd interaction, it is now one of my favorite live songs from them.

It's one of my favorite song cuz of "Annya!!!'s" member calls in the beginning of the song lol.

Btw, to my dissapontment, the 2015 flight dvd (the makkochan graduation concert) never includes "pretty lie" performance....Seems weird to mee since they have almost every songs in that live dvd -- except that... dunno what happened lol  :?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:52:33 PM by infzer0 »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2362 on: October 16, 2016, 12:30:55 AM »
In general Japanese take good care of their stuff, usually it says what condition it is in and they are usually very honest, most of what I bought has been as new.

I think my problem is wanting to know a slightly more detailed condition description (like what's included or missing). Amazon generally tends to just list conditions as either like new, very good, good, acceptable, etc and sometimes the seller will list a general description of the items they sell.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2363 on: October 16, 2016, 02:01:56 AM »
Usually they specify if extras like pictures are included, even Amazon sellers do that most of the time.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2364 on: October 16, 2016, 02:25:59 AM »
I can't read Japanese and Google translate does a poor job at translating. Unless am I looking in the wrong place for this information?

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2365 on: October 16, 2016, 02:52:05 AM »
In the upper right corner of buyee.jp's main page you can select English. 

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2366 on: October 16, 2016, 03:02:14 AM »
I was talking about Amazon as I've never really looked at buyee.jp before . . .

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2367 on: October 20, 2016, 02:02:08 PM »
New music videos . . .

Gimme Gimme Action

Love Refrain

Offline thewolf

« Reply #2368 on: October 20, 2016, 02:02:44 PM »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:31:31 PM by thewolf »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2369 on: October 20, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »
Yukkii looking pretty hot in that Canadian tuxedo there but Aipon takes the cake with her nerdy gamer outfit for sure.

Anya and Mio killing the rhythm section in "Love Refrain"!

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2370 on: October 20, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »
Just saw both of the new songs.

Song wise, i think i prefer Gimme Gimme Action better than Love Refrain, which is a shame cuz i'm really into Silent Siren lately after they come over to my country for the world tour, so i'm kinda excited after hearing Suu-chan gonna write a song for passpo. Turns out to be so-so only though. But it DOES sounds like Silent Siren song  :lol: Well...maybe it'll grew into me eventually.

As for the Gimme Gimme action PVs....lol @ morishi as the Daddy.
But i wonder why Nachu gets to be the pet dog. LOL  :lol:

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2371 on: October 20, 2016, 02:58:17 PM »
Man I really felt some strong second hand embarrassment after watching the music video for Gimme Gimme Action. Although does it really surprise me that Nachu ended up being the dog and Mio the baby? :roll:

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2372 on: October 20, 2016, 04:50:30 PM »
The singles covers and 2 new videos this morning. Life is good.  :cow:

Just saw both of the new songs.

Song wise, i think i prefer Gimme Gimme Action better than Love Refrain, which is a shame cuz i'm really into Silent Siren lately after they come over to my country for the world tour, so i'm kinda excited after hearing Suu-chan gonna write a song for passpo. Turns out to be so-so only though. But it DOES sounds like Silent Siren song  :lol: Well...maybe it'll grew into me eventually.

As for the Gimme Gimme action PVs....lol @ morishi as the Daddy.
But i wonder why Nachu gets to be the pet dog. LOL  :lol:

I prefer Gimme action too. It has the proper Rock sound we've come to know from Passpo. But I actually really like Love refrain too. It sounds different. Different is good. I hope there will be more colabs with SS in the future.

I LOLed when I saw Natchu as the dog. Also, Naomi making a move on Aippon. The making of that video must've been really funny.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:55:45 PM by clem84 »

Offline samazhi

« Reply #2373 on: October 20, 2016, 05:05:08 PM »
so which is it? gimme gimme action or give me give me action?

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2374 on: October 21, 2016, 02:59:32 AM »
Well since Gimme Gimme Action is a another Kentaro production, of course it has the "proper rock sound" we're used to from them. Although as for Love Refrain, I'm kind of glad it's not like the song SaiSai did for Palet (as it's basically just a Silent Siren song sung by someone else). This one is a bit different to a usual Silent Siren song and kind of works for PASSPO☆.

Also thanks to the internet, now I can't unsee Naomi as John Stamos :lol: . . . oh and for that matter, is it me or does Morishi kind of look like that on Vietnamese singer guy (I don't know his name)? Oh and as for the give me, gimme question. It might be just a case of bad translations or a typo or something . . .

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2375 on: October 21, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »
Maybe I need to screencap Naomin and put her next to a pic of Uncle Jesse? "Have mercy!"

As for the title, those kind of easily avoidable mistakes happen way too often in Japan. Example: why is GEM's song "We're GEM" but they sing "We are GEM"?

Offline samazhi

« Reply #2376 on: October 24, 2016, 10:39:39 PM »
morishi is kogoro mouri?

Offline thewolf

« Reply #2377 on: October 28, 2016, 02:42:25 PM »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2378 on: October 28, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »
Who you gonna call?

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2379 on: November 16, 2016, 05:14:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/morishixsmilin/status/798907823732031488

The 2 boxes at the bottom (they look like boxes), anyone know where to get those? They're not listed on Amazon, CDJ or Tower Records' websites.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - KIMI YUKI