JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - One

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573372 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2400 on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »
^ I think some of the Palet singles did well because they were Anime songs - but as a whole I'm pretty sure PASSPO is still the biggest artist with Platinum.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2401 on: November 29, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »
Palet's best selling single i think still "Snow distance". quite surprised back then to see a palet single selling for about 25.000 sales in the first week ! But i think their sales went down after that single sadly, haha. (some members change/graduation also...  :( so that is bound to affect the sales)

Btw, I am kinda curious, so i googled/did a quick research about the recent sales of the platinum groups...uh oh...didnt know it was Predia who's still going strong...who would have guessed ? lol.

Latest single 1st week sales of Predia/Passpo/Palet"

Setsuna no Yoru no Naka de – Predia (01/27/2016) (13,192).  :shocked
Bachelorette wa Owaranai – PASSPO (07/27/2016) (9,142).
Over The Rainbow – Palet (09/07/2016) (7,039).

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2402 on: November 29, 2016, 02:38:26 PM »
Lets see tomorrow when the weekly numbers are released, but yeah a first day at 17 doesn't seem like it would end up selling well!

(guessing 4,000-6,000)

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2403 on: November 29, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
^
If its below 6000 then it would be the worst first week sales for passpo single to date...thats kinda bad....

their worst one i think its Natsuzora hanabi (at 7400 sales first week) and followed by next flight (around 7700 sales first week) and that is a long time ago. But it could be the new oricon new system/rule also taking effect -- im not sure how it works either. ...because AKB48's latest single still selling at a whoppin' 1.1million copies (i thought multiple copies doesnt count?) Maybe someone has more info on that. :?

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2404 on: November 29, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »
Predia who's still going strong...who would have guessed ? lol.
Reiko, Yuzuka and Akina turning 30 soon! Hope they all continue for another decade.

There must be some kind of rivalry going on between the units I guess. Passpo always seemed to have the bigger budgets etc.
Let's see if that's going to change if Predia can outsell Passpo yet again with their new single.
(ps. they should have made 'The Call' a single, taking the fan reactions into account.)

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2405 on: November 30, 2016, 07:02:29 AM »
So the number is out...
its Rank 23 with 6351 sales.

First time Palet single (Over the Rainbow) outsell Passpo new single!
But Palet new single is pretty good imo...(even the coupling song is nice). Just a shame their members line up is really unstable...every year sure got a change. that's my only problem with Palet really, so i have no more oshi there lol.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2406 on: November 30, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »
Well, seems like PASSPO won the potatoe chips competition. Which means their images will soon appear on Calbee's packaging. Didn't expect that.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2407 on: November 30, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »
And to shoot any break-up rumors down (if there were any) they have a concert planned for the 9'th of September next year.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2408 on: November 30, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »
November was not a good month to release a single. Too many other groups released at the same time, making it difficult for casual fans.

November 2 - Dempagumi, C-ute
November 8 - GANG PARADE (album)
November 9 - Nogizaka46 (Hashimoto Nanami's last), Little Glee Monster, Tokimeki Sendenbu, Kiyoshi Ryujin 25, FuwaFuwa
November 16 - AKB48 (Paruru's last), Ebichu, BiS (album), Iketeru Hearts, lyrical school (album)
November 22 - DEAR KISS (now with Nonoko), Underbeasty, HakoMusu
November 23 - Morning Musume, Rocka Japonica, Chu-Z, YumeAdo, Ayumikurikamaki, NEVE SLIDE DOWN (mini-album), BPM15Q (album), Tau
November 29 - MAPLEZ, Kozuki Serena
November 30 - Keyakizaka46, Tokyo Girls Style, E-girls, TIFKA LADYBABY, Maison book girl

Only listed the major ones or ones I have an idea of being popular at the moment in the Japanese idol scene. I don't keep track of the boy bands or K-pop groups but ppl go crazy for those too.

Waiting until the first week of December might have helped their rank since there's no one really except Kamiyado and 3min. as far as female idols go.

All those palet graduations seem to have landed them back in indies. They're no longer with Columbia.

3min losing Mayu and Hina and Yoko was no good. They still haven't updated their site to include the new member Ramu either despite her being with them since the summer.

predia seems pretty solid but I wonder how much longer they have.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2409 on: November 30, 2016, 07:59:47 PM »
All those palet graduations seem to have landed them back in indies. They're no longer with Columbia.

3min losing Mayu and Hina and Yoko was no good. They still haven't updated their site to include the new member Ramu either despite her being with them since the summer.

predia seems pretty solid but I wonder how much longer they have.

Interesting...didnt know Palet got dropped from their labels, but understandable cuz their sales has been weak.

Glad to see Passpo still have many LIVEs lined up in the future though (including September one next year as someone pointed above). Even though their new single sales declined, i think many people will still come to see them performing their good ol' songs from their golden days haha.

As for Sanmini, I kinda like Yoko back then -- but she graduated. Oh well. Recently i've been following them again, and i just saw the MV for their latest single  and it looks kinda good (even though low budget!)

(Yeah i know this is a passpo thread but i cant find any sanmini thread anywhere)

Well, seems like PASSPO won the potatoe chips competition. Which means their images will soon appear on Calbee's packaging. Didn't expect that.

I remember when passpo still promoting calbee heavily back then in TIF2016, in the end i bought it to try....meh. the taste so so only. the only plus is to see passpo on the packaging i guess haha.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:12:56 PM by infzer0 »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2410 on: December 01, 2016, 04:46:42 AM »
3Min is a "K-Pop" group now? Is that how out of the loop I am with them?

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2411 on: December 01, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »
^ more like a dance group...
some of their songs actually has the same style as the new single ("bad game", "Lil Love", etc)...so, not that surprising to be honest.

But i see their using casual clothes for the new single, so maybe they dont have budget for new outfits? haha  :lol:

Edit...

----

New stuff for sale....TIF2016 Dvd?

http://7net.omni7.jp/detail/1400665004

■Vol.2出演グループ(五十音順)

PASSPO☆
ぷちぱすぽ☆
predia
ベイビーレイズJAPAN
マジカル・パンチライン
愛乙女☆DOLL

Hmm not enough info though. It says there's a "VR contents" but not sure how it works in the dvd...and Will they show all the performance footages, or just highlights or behind the scenes footages before the performance starts? hmmm

if its full performance, i'd buy it cuz it also include babyraids lol  XD

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2412 on: December 01, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
New stuff for sale....TIF2016 Dvd?

http://7net.omni7.jp/detail/1400665004

■Vol.2出演グループ(五十音順)

PASSPO☆
ぷちぱすぽ☆
predia
ベイビーレイズJAPAN
マジカル・パンチライン
愛乙女☆DOLL

Hmm not enough info though. It says there's a "VR contents" but not sure how it works in the dvd...and Will they show all the performance footages, or just highlights or behind the scenes footages before the performance starts? hmmm

if its full performance, i'd buy it cuz it also include babyraids lol  XD
It says "VR content download". Maybe it's for those VR sets for PC. I don't know.

By reading the description I get the feeling this is VR only.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:22:23 PM by clem84 »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2413 on: December 01, 2016, 03:13:51 PM »
Yeah it says it includes googles so I assume it's some kind of  VR thing!

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2414 on: December 05, 2016, 10:09:06 AM »
Love Refrain Dance Version

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2415 on: December 10, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »
A new PASSPO album was announced yesterday and it will be released on February 15, 2017.
http://ameblo.jp/passpo-staff/entry-12226896939.html

"Cinema Trip"
2017/02/15 RELEASE
[first-class Edition / Type-A (CD + DVD )] CRCP-40494 / 3,241 yen (Tax Out.)
[Economy class Edition / Type-B (CD)] CRCP- 40495 / 2,778 yen (Tax Out.)

<Type-A / B common CD>
- Mr.Wednesday
- Bacherorette not end
- Gimigimi Action
- Lubri Furein
- 7'S Up
- Music Navigation
- PlayGround
- WEEKDAY QUEENS
Plus other songs to be determined.

<Type-A DVD>
"Title To Be Determined" (Music Video)

Pre-order

Amazon Japan
Type A
Type B

CDJapan
Type A
Type B

HMV Japan
Type A
Type B
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:52:02 AM by iamcrazymike »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2416 on: December 10, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
That's a LOT of songs on an album if that info is right, but then again they tend to make long albums.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2417 on: December 10, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »
I would rather assume, that the finished album will contain 12 songs in summary.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2418 on: December 10, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »
^ I assume so, but his translation says "more" - but maybe he just made it up.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2419 on: December 10, 2016, 11:42:31 AM »
If the 8 plus 12 part is wrong, blame Clem I got that interpretation from him.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - One