JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Recipe

Author Topic: [CHI] Stephen Chow  (Read 91653 times)

Offline ebco6226

Stephen Chow - KING OF COMEDY
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2006, 05:28:44 PM »
the oldest one of him that i remember is when hes a cop and tries to save a highschool from terrorists or something =\ and he poses as a student. funny stuff=D

Offline leonheartx

• Kamei's turtle
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2006, 02:29:53 AM »
haha yea thats a funny movie

i liked tricky brains a lot. xD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2006, 10:05:12 AM »
He's working on a new movie...from MonkeyPeaches.com (http://www.monkeypeaches.com/)

Chinese newspaper Southern Metropolitan Daily got four shots taken on the set of Stephen Chow's new production   Chang Jiang Qi Hao  /   Long River 7  (Rumor says this film's English title is "A Hope".) now in production in eastern Chinese city of Ningbo. Chow plays a semi-homeless man lives in a semi-demolished house. He "adopted" a homeless kid, who is really played by a girl. One day, Chow finds a "toy" in the trash and brings it back to his "son", who wishes to own a toy just like other kids. The "toy" is actually an alien device with unlimited power and the aliens are desperately to get it back.

Offline xkwanwahx

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2006, 05:53:08 AM »
Those old school stephen chow movies were THE BEST!!  But my favorite one is still shaolin soccer...didn't really liked kung fu hustle...I hope he comes out wit more new stuff

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2006, 08:22:23 AM »
oh yeah...I gotta make some screen caps of his classics.

here he is working on his new movie "LONG RIVER 7 / A HOPE"

Yesterday, Stephen Chow and a few other cast and crew members, including co-star Lam Chi-Chung, who played Chow's sidekick in Kung Fu Hustle. showed up at a tall build under construction in Ningbo City. Don't know the story behind it, but the Sina.com.cn reports Chow or a stunt double will jump off from the 11th floor.

More pics: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/p/2006-10-12/10261280721.html

Source: Monkeypeaches.com

Offline mckool

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2006, 12:21:31 AM »
He is THE comedy king of our generation of HK'er (even overseas in USA/canada/europe/where ever), age from 20 something - 3/40 something

Funny little bit, i remember as a kid (about 8 or 9 yrs. old), i attended one of those TVB children's program ("403 Jet Plane") in a concert hall, little "Sing Chai", as he's know before he made it big, was already interacting perfecting with the kids and making them laugh and having fun!!  He's definately our favorite 'big brother' to play with on the games =)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2006, 06:10:14 AM »
NO KIDDING~~!! I'm so jealous :shocked: :D :D

SO LUCKY!! Yeah, I saw some old video tapes of that show, and he (and Tony Leung Chiu Wai) was had so much chemistry...truly. His TVB work is his best and must be viewed by all fans of "Sing Yeh"

Offline panida

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 07:31:54 PM »
I remember He was a 006 AGENT in his the first movie I have Seen

Offline madgyver

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2007, 02:57:53 AM »
hahaha... maybe he must go to psikiater....

Offline desidarko

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2007, 03:43:13 AM »
hehe stephen chow is a funny man , ive seen many of his movies , king of comedy was cool , but the ending wass kinda wierd ... =P , also the one where he plays a chef is pretty cool too =)
but the one i liek the most is kung fu hustle , i just love the comedy in it =) the snake part was teh funniest thing i laughed my ass of when i saw that =)

Offline lopkiu

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2007, 03:03:37 PM »
he is so funny, o by the way he suppose to have a new movie coming out
n anyone watching the series in tw that he is directing I think it is call the God of Cooking or something

Offline xtree

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2007, 07:53:54 AM »
steven chow is hilarious

i wonder if he can make a successful transition to western cinema

he'll be one of those asians that don't have to know martial arts that makes it

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »
I hope he doesn't transition too much and keeps on doing his own thing. Rewatched Kung Fu Hustle tonight. Still an awesome movie.

Offline nox_xie

• reina's bodyguard
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • tanakacchi_lover
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2007, 04:11:27 PM »
woot.. agreed.. he's one of a kind.. watch some of his movie, like it so much.. such a good comedian and director..

hope his new movie get better and better..

Offline Bullets R Scene

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2007, 04:24:32 AM »
Does anyone know how much Kung-Fu Hustle sold in NA? It was fairly popular at the movie theaters here. ( Usually sold out. )

apparently it made $17,104,669 in the US :ONsweat:

it's my #1 favorite movie, and his older like fight back to school, king of comedy, etc kicks the ass of "beloved" comedies like Wedding Crashers and whatnot.

Offline Decimal

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2007, 04:36:54 AM »
I've seen all, if not most of his movies. Mostly slap stick humour but does work on most people. :D He's really a good actor and is respectable. Shaolin soccer and Kungfu, his blockbusters from like a couple of years back blended with special effects are really cool. Gotta love the Axe Gang dance! :pimp: There was also this old movie from the God of Gambler series (Ace of Gamblers?) where he has this ability to change cards by rubbing it between the palm of his hands. That was way cool back then! :ONcool1:

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2007, 02:49:27 AM »
Love Stephen Chow's movies and so does my family.  He is such an incredible comedy actor.  we watched most of his movies and TVB series back in the day.  He is also a great dramatic actor if need be. love his movies, especially Tricky Brains, the saint of Gamblers series, royal tramp 1&2, Hail the Judge, The Back to School trilogy, the Chinese Odysessy 1 and 2 were both funny and sad in the end.  so as Justice My Foot! for some part. Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu hustle were great but we loved his prior works more.  
He really deserves the title of Hong Kong's King of Comedy.  his style of comedy is unique and different from other kind of comedy u see.  
rite now, the movie i want to watch most of his is Flirting scholar, watched years ago and totally lost the video somewhere.  been looking for it since.

Offline fbi86

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2007, 10:53:08 AM »
hey im not sure if i can post a link but evry1 should check out this site, has plenty of stephen chow movies, http://www.aznv.tv

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Stephen Chow - KING OF COMEDY
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2007, 01:21:56 PM »
I love his stuff. I'm glad he's not bailed to Hollywood and he's sticking to what he knows best. Although due to the success of his last few films in the West at least it means he'll be able to get hold of a lot more cash for making the film :D

Offline mckool

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Stephen Chow - KING OF COMEDY
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2007, 04:32:39 AM »
He's working on a new movie...from MonkeyPeaches.com (http://www.monkeypeaches.com/)

Chinese newspaper Southern Metropolitan Daily got four shots taken on the set of Stephen Chow's new production   Chang Jiang Qi Hao  /   Long River 7  (Rumor says this film's English title is "A Hope".) now in production in eastern Chinese city of Ningbo. Chow plays a semi-homeless man lives in a semi-demolished house. He "adopted" a homeless kid, who is really played by a girl. One day, Chow finds a "toy" in the trash and brings it back to his "son", who wishes to own a toy just like other kids. The "toy" is actually an alien device with unlimited power and the aliens are desperately to get it back.

Holy cow, the dude looks OLD !!  :o :o

he should be only 40 something now but he looked like he's 50 yrs. old here!

i know the usual artist lifestyle..but take care, Stephen!  I still want to watch your films in the next 20 yrs. at least  =)

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Recipe