JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Seamo feat. BoA - Hey Boy, Hey Girl

Author Topic: TEAM CANADA BEATS SWEDEN!! at 2009 IIHF World Junior HOCKEY!  (Read 3064 times)

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: TEAM CANADA BEATS SWEDEN!! at 2009 IIHF World Junior HOCKEY!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:42:53 AM »
TEAM CANADA, you are THE BEST!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:41:25 AM »
Hey Sev...sorry.

:canada:

2010 in Saskatchewan - 2012 Edmonton and Calgary hosts. CAN YOU SMELL?! ANOTHER JPH!P ROAD TRIP!! :halo:
Dude, 2012 is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempting right now. :lol:

Not going to bother with next year. I'd rather not have to take banjo lessons. XD
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:43:29 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 07:25:14 AM »
Ohlund owns Bieksa a hundred bucks  :lol:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 07:57:06 AM »
Boy, I'm REALLY glad Angelo Esposito got a goal in that game.  For how many times he's tried getting onto the team and NOT making it, and finally having made it in his last year of eligibility, it makes me appreciate how much he LOVES to play hockey, and how badly he wanted to represent Canada.  The game was on at work, so I couldn't really enjoy it, as there were customers asking stupid questions all night.  But when they were announcing the top 3 players for team Canada, I said to myself "Subban, Eberle, and Tavares, I bet." and lo and behold!  See Sev, we could have made a bet and loser would have bought Maria her Gee cd, but looks like nothing would have changed anyway.  I'm teasing you bud, much love to Sweden and to how they've overcome their recent slump from a few years back.  Now it seems like Finland's got some work to do for next year.  All I can say about the 08-09 tournament is: Best. Tournament. Evar.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »
Congratulations Canada. I'm honestly happy you Canadicks played not only good but at times spotless. The ref couldn't bear the pressure and a loss to a bad playing Canada with a weak ref and unfair treatment etc would've just sucked. It's difficult for me to be really objective since there are feelings involved, but when you tackle our goalie (which I KNOW you are not allowed, you're not even allowed to touch them, especially in Junior competition) for the fourth time and you only get one or two penalties out that. Or when you high stick a player in the face with a ref watching and doing nothing. Damn, it's tough. I mean as Canada played last night they didn't need all that bullshit.

Like Esposito. That kids open ice tackle on Markström was real nasty. I love a physical game, but there are things you don't do. Like swing in the face with the stick. Kick with the skate. Tackle from behind. And yeah, you don't charge the goalie. If there will occur a situation where contact with the goalie is probable, then don't follow through!! It aint rocket science. Esposito should've gotten atleast 2min or more, which means, he shouldn't even have been on the ice when he scored. He made me rage. Without doubt. Fortunately he's not a core in the Canadian team. The Canadian way of playing is. Those explosive attacks, where everyone charges goal with incomparable tenacity is just wow. Canadians seems crappy at skating (looking at the game(s)) but oh so explosive anyway. And that power play is just Wow. We have stuff to learn. For sure.

Tavares was like a shadow. I don't even get what's good with him? He's slow. He's not big. He got a sense for making goals. Which is alot, gotta give it to him. See... MVP of the game: Tokarski. Tokarski did a really solid performance and by shutting us down early, together with the miracle performance of the ref the frustatrion of the Swedish players only grew.
The MVP of the tourny: Hodgson. No doubt. That kid is fucking off the hook. I hope he gets the attention he deserves.

I'm disappointed in Sweden, they knew they'd face a hungry Canada. They knew Canada had home field, which normally means being bullied around before the game in classic Canadian way. The knew the ref was gonna go a bit easy on Canada aswell. Even so, småkronorna could not use that to their advantage. I've been in similar position when I played soccer, i know the fire inside, how those things can make you go twice as good as normal, but småkronorna just got frustrated. Responding immaturely do something they knew would happen. Instead of bitching about it they should've just sucked it up, done what Hedman did and take the opponents down. If you don't have the "fuck with me and i'll fuck you up twice" mentality in games like this, then you better not even play. But it's typically Swedish.. choking when we need to dig deeper than ever.

Great game Canada. You earned it. :canada:
[/url]

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Seamo feat. BoA - Hey Boy, Hey Girl