JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - ON MY WAY

Author Topic: Assassins Creed  (Read 64878 times)

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Re: Assassins Creed
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »
Is it bad that I practically want to do every male down that family line...

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »
After playing through AC3 just once (took me about 27 hours since I did quite a few side missions), I don't know if I'm ready for another AC game.  SPOILER: I would've thought Desmond dying would be the end of the series.  For the new character going into the Animus, they'll probably have him unnamed and silent.  Right now, I kinda agree with some people's sentiment that the series is getting watered down with every game that's being made (kinda like every EA published game series).

Edited for spoiler alert!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:51:24 PM by shadowstar »
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2013, 06:53:06 PM »
^ .....Mate....spoilers much? Some of us, like yours truly, haven't finished AC3 yet. Please remove the spoiler or put it in small tags so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

And I disagree with your sentiment about the series too. I don't mind a constant stream of new titles, myself. To this point, I actually can't say they've been milking it by any means. Each console entry has been great, moving the story along properly and attempting to polish the gameplay further. I mean, would we have complained if something like Shenmue actually got all of its chapters released on a steady basis over the course of 5-10 games, just because it ends up being a large amount of games? If you like Assassin's Creed at all, then the sheer amount of content they've created for the series ought to be seen as a blessing, not a detriment. As long as it's continuously good, I don't mind at all.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:08:27 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »

This seems just about as "right up my alley" as an AC game could possibly be. I've thought about a seamless open world pirate game before so to hear them say this is a seamless open world pirate game couldn't be more perfect considering the high level of polish and big budget that comes with the series. The environments look fantastic, and as I've said before, the theme itself is just pure gold for me. Just hoping the story doesn't suck.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »
^ *convulses in a fangirl fit*

Offline exequias

• ecchi
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
Assassins Creed 4 is actually a prequel and will focus on Edward Kenway (Connor's Grandfather)

not expecting a good storyline... but im hoping for a new gameplay, maybe dual sword or skills  :panic:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2013, 05:01:04 PM »
Assassins Creed 4 is actually a prequel and will focus on Edward Kenway (Connor's Grandfather)
Prequel to which game, or the series in general aka AC1?

Btw kinda NSFW AC3 glitch

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2013, 02:13:56 AM »
^ A prequel to AC3, specifically. Though I don't know what purpose it serves because making a prequel around this time won't answer any unresolved questions from AC3.

I completed AC3 there now and uh...it was ok. Connor's ending was better than Desmond's which just felt very rushed. Some people are as offended about the ending as they are about Mass Effect 3 and I guess I can see why. *SPOILERS* You mean to say that after learning everything about the Assassin/Templar conflict, with hundreds of years of conflict and with Desmond learning all the secrets and skills from 3 master assassins, that the Assassin's fight was ultimately all for nothing? You did all this fighting just to release a goddess who will control all of mankind. Sounds like the Templars wet dream. *END SPOILERS* Though it wasn't as bad as ME3 because that game gave you choice all throughout the series only until the very end whereas AC was linear from start to finish and I wasn't expecting to choose an ending by the end. To me, the AC3 ending was just rushed and executed poorly.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »
Was a little burnt out with the series after AC3 and while it sounded amazing the recent demos have obviously been staged in one way or another with a nonexistent HUD and enemies that don't seem to react in the same way they do in the final game. But this particular one is obviously direct gameplay; this is exactly what we're going to get.

And goddamn it looks wonderful:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
Extensive preview here

Sounds promising! Though I think I've seen all I needed to see before it comes out. Seems like every week Ubisoft put out new trailers for it and it seems like a bit of overkill so I don't want to feel burned out on it before even playing it.

This was interesting though, back in 2011 Ubisoft ran a survey asking where the public would like to see the series go next. Some interesting possible settings they have in mind including:

- The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
- The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
- The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
- The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
- The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
- The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
- The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan
- The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome

Offline screwed89

« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2013, 04:42:06 AM »
who's excited for this??

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2013, 10:15:21 PM »
So it's out now! Got a number of good reviews, most of them, if not all, saying it's a better game than 3. Looks really cool, definately going to play it!

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »
So this happened when I killed a random soldier in AC4  XD

What made it even funnier is that he wasn't only floating in mid-air, but started spinning around in a clock wise direction.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »
Got Black Flag for Christmas! Only reached Havana and dicking about in it. How is it that in my short playthrough Edward seems a more interesting character than Connor ever was?

I do like what I've played so far, granted it's very much in the tutorial stages and I haven't even got my own ship yet. I already notice a big improvement over AC3 in the weapon selection. Having to just select from the d-pad instantly without taking you out of the game for a few seconds everytime you wanted to select a weapon in AC3 was just eventually quite grating. The missions so far seem more focused on stealth which is nice. What I really like is being able to turn off HUD elements so I can see more of that gorgeous world. The only things I've left enabled are the mini map, updates and the detection meter. Tried turning the mini map off but it wasn't really playable without it. Had to turn the updates on because while playing missions it never updated with what I was meant to do next and the detection meter just simply has to be on because detection and trying not to be seen can still be a bit clumsy at times. But yeh, no need for a health meter considering the screen flashes red when you're low on it so that's enough indication for me. I recommend that setup for sure. Can't wait to get the ship, having more gameplay options open to me etc and see how it all fits together. And Havana is just a gorgeous looking environment too, can't wait to go to the open seas.

I like the companion app for the tablet as well, it does a good job of updating the map in real time and has the database entries as well for me to read when I'm away from the game. Haven't tried the Kenway Fleet mini game thing because I haven't even got my own ship yet but apparently it reels in the cash for you so that's nice!

My favourite glitch this far

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:18:06 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
Next up on the annual AC time travelling train it's France. 18th century France, to be more accurate.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:16:56 PM by Tuffty »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2014, 05:50:54 PM »
Ugh, stop releasing a game every year, some of us are still on ACII!!

..oh no they're now releasing 2 every year :(((

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2014, 02:25:44 AM »
An AC set during the French Revolution?  Hell yes! Looks like I'm coming back to the series.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2014, 02:21:09 AM »
Playing catchup with AC4 : Black Flag and remembering some key songs from the soundtrack (the sea shanties being the best :D). One of my favourites is the one below, which I find usually wandering around in Kingston. Gotta say, perched up on a viewpoint in Kingston, looking out at the ocean, with the lush green mountains on either side of you is a visual treat, but doing that at a time when the sun rises while listening to this song, especially when the violin kicks in at around 0:40, is a magic moment.

Then of course you have this song. If there was ever a song where you relish the thrill of naval combat, this is the song.

Not to forget, there's a new AC coming out this year too. Unity is looking gorgeous and some of the talk around the dynamic mission design (failing to tail a guy doesn't result in a failed mission for example) is something the series could do with.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - ON MY WAY