JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Only One

Author Topic: Assassins Creed  (Read 64501 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Assassins Creed
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2014, 12:47:54 AM »
Completed Black Flag earlier. And I mean completed it. Main story is done with 100% sync, every side mission cleared, every collectible got. I don't do that for many games unless the gameplay is really good and Black Flag was all of that and then some. I do hope the combat gets changed at some point, make it a bit more difficult, but with Unity focusing on co-op, I guess that won't be the case this year.

Back on point, Black Flag is the most enjoyable game to play in the series. I can't quite determine if it has the best story (AC2 or Brotherhood might be my favourite), but Black Flag is no slouch in that department either, with Edward Kenway a far more enjoyable protaganist than Connor. It's also a gorgeous looking game and has a great soundtrack too. Loved it and kind of sad there's nothing more left to play. Might just pop back in every so often and go on a shanty singing voyage with my crew, playing Nine Men Morris and sinking ships along the way. But I guess for now, it's fare thee well to the Caribbean :(

Could be my last AC game for a while as I don't have a PS4 and Unity is next gen only. Don't really plan on getting a PS4 right now and probably not in time when Unity comes out. I will certainly play it though in due time!

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2014, 02:57:52 PM »
Arno Dorian

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
^ I can't wait to play it with you :lol:

Think an AC game a year is too much? How about two?! Assassins Creed Rogue was officially announced today for the 360 and PS3 only, considering that Unity is next gen only.  Based on the setting it sounds like AC4.5, seeing as it's set in North America in that same time period. The difference being, you play as a Templar and in what is billed as the 'darkest chapter in the series'. Sounds like, with not as much hype surrounding this one, then it could give some freedom to experiment with the formula a bit? Here's hoping. Guess I will be playing an AC game this Christmas after all!

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »
I'm kind of burnt out with these games.

What would be great is an AC game in an oriental setting.

Edo period Japan or Ming dynasty China. Or Mughal era India.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »
^ Well they have you covered there too. Assasssins Creed Chronicles : China, is a downloadable game included in the season pass for Unity. Slightly disappointed it's a 2D platformer rather than a fully realised setting as we all hope. But who knows, if the reception is good, they may work on a proper game.

Good week to be an Assassins Creed fan. Not only does Unity come out:

So too does Rogue, if you're in the dark ages like me and have a PS3/360. My recommendation? If you have a PS4/Xbox One and a PS3/360, stick with Unity and wait a couple of months. No doubt Ubisoft will upscale Rogue a bit and release it on the new consoles. They already have with Black Flag and Liberations.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2014, 06:12:58 AM »
Put in an hour of Unity.  OK for now.  Better looking graphics. You can get killed a lot easier though.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »
Think the AC train would stop for a while amongst the issues surrounding Unity? Guess again! Assassins Creed : Victory was leaked. The setting this time being the long awaited, much requested Victorian London!

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2014, 11:35:37 AM »
Is anyone else just.. y'know not excited at all?  :lol:

I mean this has happened for the last few years, AC game comes out, then less than a month later the new one is announced along with 2 or 3 side games inbetween it's release and we're supposed to be really excited. It's hard to be with this information/game overload, plus these games are big and take a while to beat since they're open world-ish so I just can't cope anymore.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »
So I sort of feel that way now as I don't have a PS4 and can't play Unity and by the time I probably do get a PS4, it will be close to the release of AC : Victory anyway. I can see why it would be overwhelming for a new game every year, but you're not forced to buy every game in the series in order to get the most out of it. Every game (with the exception of maybe AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations), tells it's own self contained story in this period in history that I wouldn't feel bad about skipping one if it doesn't appeal (unless it's Black Flag in which case you are crazy if you skipped it). You're certainly not missing anything regarding the continuation of the modern day story post AC3. Just...trust me  :lol:

I would also be totally ok if they decided to take a break and maybe not have an AC game next year, but Ubisoft won't do that considering they have a huge development team and these games still continue to sell well, so naturally they'll keep doing it whilst the iron's hot. I'm interested in Victory because Victorian London was a setting I was hoping they would turn to one day. Some cool potential there.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:40:30 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:05 AM »
So I finally caved in and bought a pre-owned copy of Assassin's Creed. It's probably gonna be a long while until I get a PS4. Might as well start from the very beginning.  :lol:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
I'm on the last chapter of Unity, ready to just finish it, hopefully Ubisoft will make sure the next AC will be 100% when released.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2015, 06:01:56 PM »
Completed the story for AC Rogue. I really enjoyed it, I think the story is perhaps one of the best told in the series and I think a big part of it is due to the fact that it's shorter than regular AC games. As much as I like the stories for most AC games, I think the main campaign can go on for too long sometimes and there definitely comes a point, usually around the third act, where I wish the story would wrap up sooner. So to have a game like Rogue which is about 6-8 hrs to complete, rather than 10-12 hrs for other games, makes the pacing that little bit tighter and tells a more engaging story overall. I wouldn't mind it if they did this for future AC games if it told a tighter story. Thought the campaign itself was also really well done. They removed those annoying eavesdropping missions and just had a nice mix of stealth, action, naval missions with some setpiece moments too. I can't really think of a 'bad' mission.

Gameplay wise Rogue is just AC 4.1. Minor changes which don't really warrant a full price release. It's a better playing version of Black Flag essentially and I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Going to get full 100% sync like I did with Black Flag and aim for the platinum trophy too which should be easier as there are no multiplayer trophies to get this time round.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2015, 11:10:24 PM »
The Gamescom trailer for Syndicate. This trailer has got me excited more than any other, I think it's really well done.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
Story trailer. The game is looking better every time I see some new footage but I'm well aware it will be just another AC game to play.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »
Anyone picked up Syndicate? I'm pleased to find that it's a very good AC game. If you've played one before then I guess you know the nuts and bolts of this one essentially and it's up to you whether or not that still appeals to you. I know some people are more tired of the formula than others. With The Witcher 3 and MGSV moving the goalposts in terms of what open world games can do, I hope they revisit the formula and really make it feel new again. If they were to take time off to do that I wouldn't feel so sad.

For what it's worth though I'm not tired of it all just yet, I do enjoy my annual adventures through history and personally, I really enjoy Syndicate. I may even suggest it could be one of the best of the series. Jacob and Evie are good protaganists and it's nicely decorated with eccentric historical figures and villains. The actual gameplay feels nice too, Victorian London looks as good as I hoped and the soundtrack is suitably amazing. It's just...fun. I can't really describe it any more than that, it just feels like a good game to get lost in for a while.

I mean it still feels good to just take out enemy bases like I just did here:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2015, 11:52:45 AM »
This completely slipped by me unnoticed. No ad campaign Money left?
I came upon a Review of the game on YouTube by none other than Anita Sarkeesian and was like "huh, this is out already" XD
Black Flag and this one are the first titles that I would actually want to play. And if there is nothing of the modern day plotline in there, than even better.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2015, 01:56:54 PM »
It is weird, I was fully aware of it because I've been following it but it seems like the release has slipped by a lot of people! The modern day plotline is purely cutscenes in this, no playable sections at all. May have mentioned this before but the problem I had with the modern day story since AC1 is that it's obviously been building for a resolution but that couldn't happen considering Ubisoft kept wanting to make games. So the events of AC3 happens and now it's just lingering around the series like a bad smell. There's no clear goal or purpose to the story so it feels like with each subsequent game it gets even less and less important with no character to root for. The only benefit out of it is that you get to have Shaun's writing/humour in the database entries which are usually pretty good.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #217 on: November 20, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »
Is PC version of Syndicate constantly blue screen every few minutes of play for anybody else? It is on my

i5-3450 3.1GHz
16GB RAM
4GB Radeon R9-280X

that had no problem running AC Unity.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2016, 11:30:13 PM »

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Only One