JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Aisucream to My Purin

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997360 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3281 on: August 07, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »
Got more games for my laptop:

Wolflame
Satazius
Armed Seven
Gigantic Army
Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser
Gunhound EX
Sine Mora
Deathstate
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Foul Play
Salt and Sanctuary
Apotheon
Bastion
Jotun
Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition
Rayman Origins
Alphadia Genesis
Asdivine Hearts
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Darkest Dungeon
The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Alan Wake Collector's Edition
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3282 on: August 08, 2016, 05:25:18 AM »
wat :lol:

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3283 on: August 21, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »
Playing the Haruka section in Yakuza 5. Enjoying it for the most part, but the comedy group side mission is just the worst. I can guess which responses to use correctly, but the key is in the timing and as I can't speak a word of Japanese it's hard to know when to come in and interrupt the partner from speaking. There are occassions when I let him finish speaking, hit what I know is the best answer to give and still get 'Bad Timing' which lowers the score. The threshold is also pretty high, you have to be near faultless to pass. I'll come back to it eventually with a guide video in hand but otherwise fuck that mission.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #3284 on: August 21, 2016, 08:36:57 PM »
hahaha, it's not as hard as it seems, I managed to get them all done in the end.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3285 on: August 22, 2016, 12:14:58 AM »
I'll try it again at some point, but there's better stuff in the game I could be doing!

It took most of the weekend to download the Titanfall 2 multiplayer test and when it did I only got to play for 30 mins XD I hear there's another test next weekend, so I'll give it a fairer shot then.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3286 on: August 23, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »
Busy week for me. Deus Ex, Inside as well as demos for Nioh and PES 2017. Think I can finish Inside fairly quickly judging by reviews and seems like I'm near the end of Hyper Light Drifter which will then put most of my attention on Deus Ex.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3287 on: August 25, 2016, 03:48:32 PM »
My steampunk room in me & Stryfe's house on Starbound! (The rest of the house is under construction)

The clock actually makes a ticking sound, one of the wheels turns and the pumps on the roof actually pump steam out of them!! :D

I'd like a better wardrobe though x-x
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3288 on: September 04, 2016, 12:06:02 AM »
Played some of the Battlefield 1 beta and I bounced off it real quickly. Partly due to the incessant lag issues during the beta which doesn't inspire much confidence in the full release but it all just seems like another Battlefield game. It looks gorgeous, huge in scale and plays well, I was just expecting maybe with it being WW1 weaponry it would affect the pace of a match somewhat but no, players are running around like headless chickens on open fields, firing automatic weapons and crashing vehicles. So it's Battlefield alright. I'll no doubt enjoy it if I put any more serious time into it, but I have enough games on rotation at the minute, including multiplayer shooters, to come back to it eventually.

However...I did play the Titanfall 2 Beta last weekend and loved it. It's basically Call of Duty multiplayer, as fast and smooth as that is, but with mechs. It feels good and flows really well, the ability to jump, double jump, wall run, slide and even grapple your way across the levels all feels fantastic and it's such an empowering feeling to be in your Titan and taking out other players. There's so much going on in match, moments that are really jaw dropping to watch and even better to do yourself. Like sliding into a jump towards a wall, bounce back off it and kill an enemy player below? Or running towards a teammate's Titan just fast enough to latch your grappling hook into him and you speed towards it as you're pulled towards it where you can then ride on top of the Titan. Or when piloting your own Titan, you can shoot pilots out of mid air with your precision laser? Feels so great and satisfying to play, I made sure to record a few videos, this is probably my favourite. Lots of things happening in this one. Really looking forward to the full release where hopefully I'll have cleared a few games off since then XD

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3289 on: September 09, 2016, 06:35:26 AM »
Halo 5 Forge editor came on out PC and them feeels. I haven't bought an Xbox One so I've been missing out on Halo 5 MP and it feels good to play again. I've been playing a lot of overwatch lately so when I started up Halo for the first time the first thing I noticed is that the movement is so slow XD

My system barely meets the minimum requirements for it to run so it doesn't play as well I'd like but it's working out okay.  But I've read from other accounts that this game may just have been optimized badly as others with waaay better specs than mine are having problems too even on the lowest settings. I had one crash when I played my first customs with randoms, but no crashes since *crosses fingers*.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #3290 on: September 30, 2016, 04:21:13 AM »
I got Forza Horizon 3 the other day.  I suck at driving games, but it is fun and looks sweet!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3291 on: October 01, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »
The new Hitman episode is unconventional and probably the hardest one yet considering the whole area is hostile and there are few disguises overall. Really like the challenge but will take me a while to get any good at it. Haven't really given Thailand a good go through either and with all the new escalation missions being added each week since I was on vacation, it's a good excuse to dive right back into the game. As much as I was turned off by the idea of an episodic release format for the game, it's really worked in this case. I don't think that format should apply to every game, but for Hitman it's a good fit. Here's hoping they get to do that proposed Season 2.

This new Titanfall 2 trailer though. God damn!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3293 on: October 20, 2016, 04:37:41 PM »
^funny these 2 posts are next to each other! :nervous

Here's Your First Look At The Nintendo Switch, Nintendo's Next Console
http://kotaku.com/heres-your-first-look-at-the-nx-nintendos-upcoming-con-1788004927

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3294 on: November 02, 2016, 01:17:17 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3295 on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »
Playing Titanfall 2 at the minute and it really is the complete package, with fast chaotic multiplayer and a surprisingly fantastic single player campaign. People compare it to Super Mario Galaxy and I have to agree in that like Nintendo's game, each level introduces a concept to it that you play around with and then disposes of it by the end of the level and you move onto the next one and try something new. It's fast and fluid, the feeling of wall running, double jumping to sliding on the ground, shooting all the while...it's fantastic. Weapons feel and sound really good too. Just such a shame EA were so blind to put it between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty as it apparently hasn't reflected well in sales as a result. It just doesn't have the brand name to compete with either one and nobody would be willing to spend £40-50 on 2 shooters released pretty much in the same week. Besides, there hasn't been that much marketing for it either. When one of the highest rated games this year (it's 8th highest rated Xbox One game on Metacritic) comes out to poor sales, then EA have to ask hard questions on how they fucked it up.

Anyway, if you need convincing, check out one of my matches that I uploaded:

If you want the condensed version, look at how I picked off this pilot mid air. The sounds I made when I landed the shot were...not human.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3296 on: November 07, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3297 on: November 08, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »
Cat cafe?! Puyo Puyo?!!! Childcare?!!!! :nervous

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3298 on: November 11, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »
Recently started watching videos from YouTuber Classic Gaming Quarterly. Lots of nostalgia since he focuses on retro games/systems, and his videos are very informative (almost documentary-like).

https://www.youtube.com/user/CGQuarterly/videos

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3299 on: November 11, 2016, 08:03:04 PM »
NES Mini/Classic Edition is out today IF YOU CAN FIND ONE.

Nintendo apparently underestimated the popularity and now many people are having trouble finding one (I've seen one or two Twitter complaints about pre-orders being cancelled). Nintendo took to Twitter to assure us that plenty more were going to be on the way this holiday season.

$60 for three games isn't bad, honestly. Especially if you don't have them in your virtual console yet. And it looks way better than the awful Wii U emulation as well. ...However, the controller only has a 30-inch cord and the only options for wireless or an extension as of now are third party.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Aisucream to My Purin