JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - RISUKI RISUKI

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997881 times)

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3260 on: June 08, 2016, 05:27:23 PM »
I don't really get any pleasure at watching someone struggling at playing a game, but when you're say a gaming journalist, where it is your job to play games, and you can't seem to grasp the fact that you can move and shoot in a first person shooter well, then it becomes funny.
But I have to say, the 'Rich Get Richer' Rune Challenge in Doom is so hard it makes Dark Souls look easy. Has anybody completed the single-player campaign without that rune?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline hackata48

• Member+
  • TE HETA HADA WODA! -Quote from 'Frenzy'ability TWA
« Reply #3261 on: June 08, 2016, 05:34:53 PM »
I just finally got the Total Victory achievement in Wargame Red Dragon in the hardest campaign, 'The 2nd Korean War'.

I brought down the Soviets, the Norks and the Chinese! I am the destroyer of Communists!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3262 on: June 09, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »
Just tried to watch the trailers for Watch Dogs 2... didn't make it past the half point mark... appenerently I'm getting to old for the hip shit

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3263 on: June 09, 2016, 09:15:49 PM »
The point where it says #BigBrother I just switched off. There's an interesting idea there about the evils of tech set in San Francisco. Will the game capitalise on it? Very much doubt it.

One thing to consider about Ubisoft demos at E3 this year is that the finished product often doesn't turn out the way as advertised. Assassins Creed is just about the only thing that interests me from Ubisoft each E3 but with the series taking a year off, I'll be more skeptical of the things they show after watching this video. The downgraded Rainbow Six Siege is kind of crazy in comparison.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #3264 on: June 11, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
Ubisoft make too many games lol

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3265 on: June 13, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
I went to Momocon in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and they had a HUUUUGE gaming room filled with indie developers. Like I was kind of "eh" about going and paying for a con that I didn't really care about (I was going because a friend out of town wanted to go), but this alone made the price of admission SO WORTH IT. I played three games that I am absolutely stoked about.

Prisma - This is basically a fast-paced platformer in which you use color-based powers to change the platforms so that you can jump on/through them. You can play a demo at their site! I thought they did a good job of kind of slowly teaching you the mechanics and then adding on new abilities throughout. It took me no time to get the hang of it. It seems to be PC/Mac only.

Blade Ballet - This is a good party/"fighting" game for like... quick spurts. You get your choice of whirling robots and each one has different abilities. The goal is to basically destroy the other robots. It's pretty simple and fun to play and the way it's set up, you can play for an hour or for ten minutes, which is nice. .....Also they gave me a cute Catbot button for playing. Yes, there's a catbot.

Fossil Echo - Okay basically I'm obsessed with this game even though I only played it once. This actually has a hard release date of July 1st and I've already preordered it. It's a BEAUTIFUL 2d stealth platformer. You're a boy climbing to the top of this tower...for some reason (I'm sure it's explained by the end, haha). It's challenging to figure out some of the puzzles, but I found it fun to climb rocks, sneak around, and pounce on ninjas. You honestly only need to use the control pad and the a-button.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline turtledude001

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3266 on: June 13, 2016, 08:26:28 PM »
I'm happy with MS press conference! Things are now "Xbox One & Windows 10" exclusives. I've been enjoying what's on Win10 so far and I'm glad more is coming: Gears of War 4, ReCore, Scalebound, etc. There is less reason to get an Xbox One if you have decent enough Win 10 hardware. MS is happy you buy either way. Those are two platforms they're trying to boost market share on. I'm curious what Project Scorpio price point will be next year, but that doesn't matter to me much. I doubt I'll be upgrading my TV or computer monitor to 4K any time soon nor is VR something I'm interested in.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3267 on: July 07, 2016, 09:30:11 PM »
I didn't think there was anything for me in PS Plus this month, but how I was wrong. Furi, just released this week, is free on PS Plus and I think it's fantastic. The inspirations are clear, think Metal Gear Rising meets Hotline Miami's aesthetic and soundtrack. The game is unashamedly nothing but a boss rush and the combat is fast and tough, it's definitely not for everyone. It's a game that knows what audience it's made for and you have to appreciate that. As someone who loves character action games though, this is right up my alley. Here's a gameplay trailer, listen to that soundtrack tho.

Anyone else hear about the CS:GO Lotto scandal and the Youtubers who own the gambling site but failed to disclose it? It amazes me how they thought they could get away with it. Pretty interesting, worth a listen to this which breaks it down:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3268 on: July 10, 2016, 05:58:22 PM »
I laughed so hard at this video, a streamer's little nephew totally calls him out during stream for playing video games all day :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3269 on: July 11, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »
^ I feel like that's what my cats are sometimes telling me TBH :lol: "GET UP, YOU SIT HERE ALL DAY. ALL DAY."
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3270 on: July 14, 2016, 03:03:09 PM »
Please stop the crazy sales SONY!!!!
You're ruining my game ratio XD
Seriously, when am I supposed to play all these games???

We welcome to the "will probably stay unplayed forever" collection:

- Binary Domain
- Rogue Galaxy
- SOMA

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3271 on: July 14, 2016, 07:13:26 PM »
^ Agreed, the most recent sale is really good! Managed to pick up SOMA and the Rocket League DLC for under £10. Some other good discounts in there for Firewatch, Hotline Miami 2 and Titan Souls.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3274 on: July 18, 2016, 03:30:28 AM »
Got these games about two weeks ago:

PS3:
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Red Faction Collection

PC:
Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Warcraft
Warcraft II Battle.net Edition
Warcraft III Battle Chest
Starcraft Battle Chest
Starcraft II: The Complete Trilogy
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut
Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition

Been on a gaming binge since then. Finished Red Faction: Guerrilla, Breath of Death VII, Warcraft, Warcraft II+Beyond the Dark Portal, Warcraft III+Frozen Throne, and Shadowrun Returns.

Currently playing Red Faction: Armageddon, Starcraft, and Shadowrun: Dragonfall DC
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3275 on: July 23, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »
Currently playing Roguelands with Stryfe, ziggurat, and xerony when he's not in Korea (LOL)

It's pretty addictive and fun and WITH PERMADEATH, managed to get a level 70something character killed yesterday, and Stryfe also his main, so we had to start from scratch again. Except the items you store and ship updates remain so it's not completely starting from zero. And when you die you perma-unlock certain things. It's kinda simple, you just collect stuff and fight stuff and then craft stuff. But like, simple is good? xD Downside is that there is no chat built in-game so playing with others you have to use the Steam chat. But you don't have to play with others at all, of course. I just find that "simple" games like this are best with friends o-o

Before this, we beat Dead Island (me, Stryfe, xero) - that game is buggy as fuck by the way. And before that were playing Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel with some added pika3. Basically there is still some jphip gaming on Steam and youse are all welcome to join us :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3276 on: July 24, 2016, 03:51:23 AM »
Finished Cthulhu Saves the World and Starcraft+Brood War.

Got some more games for PC:
Grandia II Anniversary Edition
Torchlight
Torchlight II
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
Broforce
Astebreed
DeathSpank
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
The Baconing
Raiden Legacy
Raiden III: Digital Edition
Raiden IV: Overkill
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender
Rogue Legacy
Sunless Sea
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3278 on: August 01, 2016, 03:49:39 AM »
More Sega..

Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #3279 on: August 03, 2016, 12:37:43 PM »
^ yeah, seems like they are releasing that one and this new 3D sonic game.

The 2D one looks better to me even though it's just a rehash... and reminds me I don't think I played Sonic 4 ep2... I liked EP1 a lot!

For those of us who grew up during the "Nintendo VS SEGA" wars, this is a bit of an unexpected (though not necessarily unwelcome) way to keep the "fight" going. :P2

BroBible.com - Sega Is Launching A Retro Gaming Console To Rival Nintendo’s Mini NES, And It Comes With 80 Pre-Loaded Games!!
- http://brobible.com/gear/article/sega-mega-drive-retro-console-release/

Remember:
BroBible.com - Nintendo Is Bringing The NES Classic BACK And It’s Going To Be 30x More Awesome (Release Date, Games, More)
- http://brobible.com/gear/article/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-games-dates/
- https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/753559995849990144

As for these... these AtGames MegaDrive consoles/handhelds have been around for years and years. They seem to just continually (re-)release them.

Chihiro

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - RISUKI RISUKI