JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - SAIGO NO PEACE

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread  (Read 82675 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2012, 12:45:43 AM »
^
Sacrilegious.

:lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »
Now THIS is what we should be getting when they talk about "animated" Star Wars. :yep:

Offline maxmilliang

• Member+
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2012, 05:05:48 AM »
is there any news regarding new starwars movies?
dark side wins?

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2012, 02:25:04 AM »
dark side wins?

What are you talking about? :lol: Where are your sources?? http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/29/10922254-george-lucas-says-there-will-never-be-a-new-star-wars?lite

who wanna play this?

Rovio is coming back to the market with yet another iteration of Angry Birds. We’ve seen Rio, Seasons, Space and a plethora of plush toys, but now they took to Twitter and promoted “Next big thing” is coming. They stated that “Times Square, New York, October 8th, 10am EST” is where it’ll all go down and embedded an animated GIF that shows a Star Wars themed Angry Birds with a pig dressed up as a Jedi, packing a lightsaber. No word on if it’s another full blown mobile game, or simply just a bunch of toys.

via mobile syrup and http://angrybirds.tumblr.com

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »
Billy Dee Williams visited E-town!! at the Q&A panel Edmonton Expo

more pics later, but he started smooth singing while geek tries to ask question LOL!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2012, 11:27:53 AM »
^
Sacrilegious.

:lol:

Late reply I know, but with the way George Lucas has used the series name, I wouldn't be surprised if he considered that as canon :lol:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2012, 02:17:31 AM »
dark side wins?

I don't know about the Dark Side winning, but here we are:
Disney buys Star Wars maker Lucasfilm from George Lucas

Disney is buying Lucasfilm, the company behind the Star Wars films, from its chairman and founder George Lucas for $4.05bn (£2.5bn).

Mr Lucas said: "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of film-makers."

In a statement announcing the purchase, Disney said it planned to release a new Star Wars film, episode seven, in 2015.

That will be followed by episodes eight and nine and then one new movie every two or three years, the company said.

The last Star Wars film was 2005's Revenge of the Sith, and Disney said it believed there was "substantial pent-up demand".

Disney will pay about half in cash and half in stock, issuing 40 million Disney shares in the transaction.

The deal follows Disney's acquisitions of Pixar studios for $7.4bn in 2006 and Marvel comics for $4.2bn in 2009.

"Our valuation of Lucasfilm is roughly comparable to the value we placed on Marvel when we announced that acquisition in 2009," Disney said, adding that the valuation was almost entirely driven by the Star Wars franchise.

Transition

George Lucas launched Lucasfilm in 1971 and the first Star Wars film was released in 1977.

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," Mr Lucas said.

"I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."

Mr Lucas will continue as a creative consultant.

Kathleen Kennedy, currently co-chairman of Lucasfilm, will become president of the firm and will be the executive producer on the new Star Wars films.

When the later Star Wars films were released in the 1990s and 2000s, although they did well at the box office, they were generally not well-received by fans.

But Josh Dickey, film editor at Variety magazine in LA, said that Disney was a "great fit" to update Star Wars.

"They're so good at branding and brands. They're so good at working with existing intellectual property and making it resonate with fans and marketing it very well," he told BBC World Service radio.

"They're not as good at creating original content, except for their Pixar division.

"I think if you bring together the minds from Pixar [and] the minds from Disney, the news that Disney is going to reboot Star Wars was a lot more exciting to fans than just 'there's gonna be another Star Wars'."

Surprise

Lucasfilm is also the production company behind the Indiana Jones franchise, and fantasy films Willow and Labyrinth.

Michael Corty, analyst at Morning Star, said Disney's deal was clearly part of a pattern in buying new franchises.

"Pixar was the first big one, then Marvel, and now this one here," he said.

"Because Lucas is private, I would assume most investors would be surprised."

cr: BBC News

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2012, 02:31:46 AM »
:o

Well, not like LucasFilm was doing a great job with Star Wars anyway. Maybe this will be better. Disney's Marvel Universe films (Iron Man, Thor, Avengers), have been great.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2012, 03:53:26 AM »
I have no idea whether to be excited for potential awesomeness, or worried about a potential disaster.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2012, 03:59:26 AM »
Thrawn trilogy! Thrawn trilogy!

Make it happen.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
I only enjoyed the uneven Star Wars movies (Episodes 1, 3 and 5), so I'm positive about Episode 7 turning out decent as well  :lol:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »
I have no idea whether to be excited for potential awesomeness, or worried about a potential disaster.

I'm in the same boat about this, but I'll reserve judgement until I see something first.

Thrawn trilogy! Thrawn trilogy!

Make it happen.
That would be instant nerdgasm, fo sho.

I heard about this on the news yesterday, and was like WTFUUG?!?!?
A new trilogy or reboot...... mah vote would be for new trilogy.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
The prequels had a number of problems, hell a lot of problems, but it is true that Lucas often has some great ideas. He needs people to work with who will take those ideas and help him develop them into something that works. Alas he'd become so powerful and/or employed such sycophants that everyone just said "yes George" all the time.

Really, there's no reason to be upset, this is perhaps the best Star Wars news in years. What could happen is if they release the original trilogy as is on Blu-Ray. I was going to suggest Joss Whedon to direct, but I hear he is to be directing Avengers 2 and 3.  Anyone will be better at it now they can add their ideas and direction to the Universe, now that Lucas is removed out of the equation. I wouldn't say I am excited for Episode 7, but definately interested.

Also, something cool I found when reading other posts about this someone's proposed watching order of the series.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
Here's my proposed watching order: 4, 5, 6.

You can throw in 3 if you really want, but you guys are being far too nice. 1 & 2 are terrible films and 3 really isn't that great either.

I see this Disney deal as nothing but positive, since Lucas was doing a shitty job with the series anyway. Everyone is doing reboots, but I'd say a sequel trilogy would be a better idea. I don't even mind if they recast some major roles if the source material is good (like the Thrawn trilogy) but they might just go with a new breed of Solos and Skywalkers. I'd love me some Mara Jade tho.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »
I fully agree with you, the prequels are garbage. Just found it an interesting read.

Returning characters in this sequel trilogy might be ok, but only sparsely. I hope C3P0 and R2D2 just stay the hell away. Their inclusion in the prequels was dumb as fuck.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »
There are rumours that Episode 7 will have a completely original story, though I feel that it'd defeat the purpose if it's intended to be called Episode 7. I do think it would be a shame to leave alone all the extended universe stories, but by the same token, if some of the original novels worked, who's to say that an original film won't? Whether or not they screw it up, being a Star Wars film, I don't see myself having a huge choice in whether I watch it or not.

EDIT While I wish that the prequels didn't exist, they do have their moments. Darth Maul was badass, as was the fight between him, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. While I can't say that the concept was original, pod racing is pretty darn cool, I reckon. Also, Star Wars: Battle Front 2 is an excellent game. It must be one of the console games I've spent the most time playing.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:56:32 PM by Deft-Monkey »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »
Watching "Star Wars Detours" on youtube. XD
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »
Star Wars fans in Tennessee are building a full size Millennium Falcon.

CinemaBlend.com
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline bogusman_onair

• ecchi
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »
looking forward to see cameos in ep.7 , since it'll be under disney's reign

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - SAIGO NO PEACE