JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - pieces

Author Topic: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 25 (completed) + Credits - 18/05]  (Read 33442 times)

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
This story, I had it when I was still in High School, which is pretty much 4 years ago. I did got started writing the story in my Mother Tongue, but i gave up writing halfway. I like this storyline. It's pretty meaningful I guess? So I've decided to translate part of them into English and also finish writing this story. It may be a tough task for me, cos the reason i stopped the previous time was because I lost vision of how this story will go by. Hopefully after these few years of void, I will still be able to bring out the beauty I had for this story. It's partially inspired by a Cantonese song that I always listen to. (:

Summary: Breaking the silence. AU. Story about a girl with progressive mutism, beginning on a journey that is going to break the silence of her life, regaining trust in people, and overcoming the deepest hurt she had deep inside. 

Progressive Mutism is social functioning disorder ( the more severe form of selective mutism ) where the patient is unable to talk to anyone, even though they had the ability to.

[Prologue]

"What are you doing? Why are you packing your luggage? Who's that little girl standing at that corner?"

"We are leaving hun. That's our daughter."

"Why are we leaving, and that's not our daughter! Our daughter is sleeping in her room!"

"She's going to be our daughter from this day on."

"Why?!"

"Because our daughter is a mute! With our family status right now, the Medias are going to make a big fuss out of the fact that our daughter is a mute, and there goes all the hard work we have put in, my father's generation had put in. There is no way I am going to risk our family reputation for our girl. We need a daughter who can talk."

"She's not a mute! She's just a special child. A special child that needs special attention. The doctor had said that her vocal cord is not damaged. There's no chance that she would be a mute. She's going learn how to talk bit by bits. She needs time. She needs us. Maybe we can move to a new environment."

"Again?! Hun, this would be the 5th time we are going to move for her. And she had yet to make any improvement. Are you that heartless to see the empire that my family had built to collapse in my hands?"

"But. . ."

"She's my daughter as well. It hurts me to do that. But, I have to think for my Ojii-san. He invested all his lifetime to build up this company, to let us to have this glory and status. We can't let the media to know that our daughter can't talk. It's going to ruin everything. Everything."

"But . . ."

"Let's go. We will be back for her, someday. And maybe she would grow to understand our situation."

[Chapter 1] - Her past, Her present.

[Dream]

A little girl, standing at her bedroom door, watching her father carrying other little girl as he walked towards the door, while her mother dragging the luggage behind her.

"Don't look back. From today on, she's not our daughter, she is." The little girl heard her father whispering to her mother.

'Where are you all going? Papa, Mama?' The little girl thought in her mind.

She looked at the door, watching her parents putting on their shoes, opened the main door and walked out of the house.

'Don't go . . . Don't leave me alone . . .' The little girl thought in her mind. "Pa . . .pa . . .Ma . . . ma. . ." She stiffened up, forcing herself to speak out softly, calling after her parents. But it was too late. They are gone . . .

No. . . Don't go. . .  Don't leave me alone.

[End of dream]

Ai sprung up from her sleeping position on her single bed in her studio apartment, with sweat dripping down from her temples, heaving in deep breaths to calm down her fast beating heart. She turned her attention to the digital clock on her bedside table and saw the time shown as '3.16 AM'. '3.16AM .' Ai thought as she let out a heavy sign. 'I have never been able to sleep past 3.16 AM  . . . since that day.'

[Flashback]

Little Ai tilted her head slightly as she watched her parents at door, with her father carrying a young girl of her age in his arm, preparing to go out. 'Where is Papa Mama going so early in the morning?' Ai turned to the antique clock situated in the middle of the living room. '3.16 AM'. And when she turned back her attention back to the main door, she realised, they were no longer there. The door was closed. " Pa . . .pa . . .Ma . . . ma. . ." She forced her voice out of mouth.

She ran towards the door, opened it, and ran out to the streets, chasing after the retreating car that was getting out of her sight. 'Mama, Papa. . . Don't go. . . don't leave me alone.' Little Ai thought as her tears began to make their place down her face. Despite having lost sight of the familiar car, Ai continued running and running, until she was out of breath. She looked at her surroundings, only to realise that they were architectures, buildings, parks that she did not recognised.

'Where am I?' She thought as she continued encircling on the spot, astonished by the tall skylines that were surrounding her. She turned back, trying to find her way back home. 'They left me. Was it because of my disorder? Was it because that I can't speak?' Ai thought as she remembered the commotion she heard in her parent's room. That woke her up from her slumber sleep.

'Mama, Papa, I'm all alone. I'm so afraid. Tell me, will you all come back for me? Say you will, please.' Ai thought in her mind as she sat carefully on the nearby bench that she had found. 'I want to go home. But where am I ?' Ai looked up doubtfully at her surrounding once again.

"O-Chibi-chan, what are you doing alone here so early in the morning." A foreign male voice spoke out startling the young Ai, interrupting her uncertainties of her surroundings. She turned her attention to the source of the voice, and saw two male policemen, walking towards the bench that she was sitting on. "Chibi, where's your parents? You should not be out alone in the city so early in the morning. Do you know that the safety in the city is really bad." Ai could tell that the one who spoke to her at that moment was the different guy that had startled her earlier on.

Ai shrugged her shoulders at the question asked to her, before looking away to the other direction.

"You do not where are your parents?" The policeman continued asking. Ai shrugged her shoulder at the question once again. "What's your name?" The policeman asked. But Ai remained silent. "Where do you stay?" Still, Ai remained silent. "Oi Chibi, do you know how to talk?!" The policeman retorted, getting irritated by the silent treatment she got from Ai. That caused Ai to turn over and stare at the policeman who had directed the question to her. "Haven't your parents taught you manners? You are supposed to answer when someone senior to you asked you questions." The policeman continued.

Ai just stared at the policeman, still not making any response to his question.

"Senpai, what should we do? She's not answering any of our questions. How are we supposed to bring her home?"

"There's nothing much we can do, let's bring her back to the station for the moment, before making any more decisions.

[End of flashback]

Ai got up from her bed and into her bathroom, where she began to wash up to start her day. 'Today is the last day of work. After today, I will still need to find a new job and I wonder, how long will the coming one last?' Staring at the mirror in front of her, Ai remembered something else and sighed deeply. 'Oh yah! I have to meet my new psychologist today. How bad can it get?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Bong Bong Bong*

Eri snuggled in her bed as she heard her door being pounded by someone outside. 'Come on, I'm trying to get some sleep over here! Which stupid idiot is that who had decided to visit me so EARLY in the morning?!' Eri thought as she continued lying on her bed, with her eyes closed. 'I will just pretend that I did not hear anything. Eri, go back to sleep, go back to sleep' Eri self hypothesised. 

*Bong Bong Bong*

The knocking on the door persisted. Eri growled as she pulled the sheets over the head, hoping that it would mute the sound of the knocking of the door. 'I need sleep, my dear visitor. Tomorrow will be my first day at the new workplace. I need to be alert for the day. Please let me sleep.'

*Bong Bong Bong*

"That's it!" Eri shouted angrily as she flipped over her sheets, rolling over her bed furiously, and marched towards the door. "Whoever that is behind the door right now, I will make sure that you will not survive to see the next sun rise." Eri rumbled out with irritation obvious in her sentence to the visitor on the other side of the door. When she pulled open the door, she was welcomed by someone that she had least expected.

"Good - Good morning, Kameme-chan." Risa greeted awkwardly, waving her hands slightly at the enraged friend of hers.

"Risa?"  Eri called out, leaving the door open for Risa to enter her house as she stomped towards the couch, throwing herself lazily on it. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Kyoto, preparing to take over your family business? Why are you here at Tokyo? What's up with the luggage you have with you? And most importantly, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, VISITING AND KNOCKING MY DOOR 316AM IN THE MORNING?!" Eri bombarded the questions, with increasing emphasis as the number of questions increased.

Risa froze in her steps while trying to move in her luggage when Eri screamed out her last question. "I'm thinking of visiting my best friend, Kameme-chan, whom I have not met since we graduated from college . That's why I am here . . ." Risa replied sheepishly, deep down knowing that Eri was not going to believe what she had just said.

"Oh please! How many times have I told you, not to call me Kameme-chan. Goodness sake, we are now 22, not 10 year old. And, seriously, do you think that I'm going to believe in your explanation?" Eri retorted, still irritated by the fact that her best friend from young had decided to visit at such an unearthly hour.

"No. Meme-chan!" Risa answered playfully, knowing that Eri will be real infuriated with her by calling her 'Meme-chan'.

Eri growled in response, just as what Risa had expected. "So, tell me, why are you here?" Eri asked again, yawning to get extra oxygen for her brain to listen to Risa's story.

Risa tugged her luggage towards the couch Eri was sitting and sat down beside Eri. "I ran away from home. For this." Risa started as she took out a pamphlet out of her jean's pocket. "I want to live this dream of mine. I do not want to be manipulated by my family anymore. From young till now, everything that I do, every decision of life, are made by them. I'm tired. This is what I really really want to do. To be a singer."

"Are you crazy? Are you having fever?" Eri asked as she ran her hand over Risa's forehand. Risa brushed her Eri's hand off. "No matter where you go, your parents always have their ways to track you down. And, remember, the media recognised who are you. How are you going to hide from them? I bet by later in the afternoon, there will be people running all over Tokyo, preparing to drag you back to Kyoto." Eri finished off.

"That's why I am here for. .  ." Risa look mischievously at Eri. "That's what friends are for. That's why I am here, Meme-chan. Only you can help me out of this." Risa finished.

"Great." Eri mumbled under her breath. "I need to sleep. Make sure you wake me up before 7." With that, Eri stomped back to her room, leaving Risa alone in the living room.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:52:47 PM by caiyunki »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:02:03 AM »
 :welcome This seems like something very interesting.

Would write more but too tired. Should have gone to bed hours ago... :sweatdrop:

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 11:24:33 AM »
Poor Ai, getting abandoned because of her disorder, whaty kind of father would do that? a bad one it seems, one that would make his 'new daughter's' life something that he wanted and not let them follow thier own dreams, intresting, that Gaki has run away from home isn't it.......

Gaki waking Eri up at 3:16... hmm definatly intresting, I wonder if the time is also importanr to Gaki, though perhaps she does not know why, but poor Eri, being woken up so early, how is she involved in this story, is she the link between the two.

Intresting but I wonder, Ai did not speak in her parts of this chapter, still unable to talk?.....

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Defeated by Aichan..Forever Lovely Aichan..<3
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »
so gakisan is the "daughter" of the Takahashi family now..
3:16: The time when Ai was abandoned
3:16: The time when Gakisan become the "daughter"

Seem like eri will be Ai's new psychologist? Will there be AiEri?  :lol: AiGaki ?  XD

regaining trust in people, and overcoming the deepest hurt she had deep inside. 
looking forward to know whether its Eri or Gakisan the one who make Ai overcome everything..
and also, the time when Gakisan knows that she somehow snatch Ai parent..(not that she did it her..XD)

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
A/N: Thanks for the comments given :)

[Chapter 2] - The second meeting

"Ohayo Ai-san!" Sayumi greeted with her usual cheerful antics as Ai stepped into the office. Ai nodded her head in response before continuing her way to her work desk. Sayumi followed closely behind her. "Ai-san, it's your last day, isn't it? We are thinking about a farewell lunch for you, you alright with it?" Sayumi asked as she leaned against Ai well organised and empty table.

Ai took out her stack of papers from her locker and wrote on it. <Sorry ne, Michishige-san, I have a lunch appointment this afternoon. I'm afraid that I won't be able to attend the farewell lunch you are talking about. Gomen ne>

"I see .  . ." Sayumi trailed off. "I'm gonna miss you so much, Ai-san." Sayumi commented as she sighed deeply, and got angry immediately after that. "Minemura-san is just an idiot, making use of your abilities. He's always like that, taking the advantage of people with disabilities and gets rid of them when the probation period is over. Isn't he a bas-" Before Sayumi could finish her words, Ai placed her hand over Sayumi's arm, stopping her.

<It's alright. I'm used to it. He's not the first one, and I guessed he won't be the last one as well. I mean, it's really difficult to have someone who can't talk working here, in a telecom company. I guessed that there were a lot of times, I have created unnecessary burdens for you guys, when all these could be prevented in the first place.>

Sayumi shook her head at the reasoning Ai had just written her. And before she could continue with her arguement on how mean the manager was, another colleague called out for her.

"Sayumi! He's here! Come back!" The both of them heard their colleague calling out for Sayumi as their boss, Minemura Shoujin walked into the office.

"Sheez. He's here. I'll talk to you later." Sayumi whispered, leaving Ai's seat area and rushed back to her own desk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Stupid Risa. I had asked her to wake me up at 7 and to think that she had actually fallen asleep on my sofa. Thankfully, I did set my alarm last night. If not, I am really going to be late for work on my first day.' Eri thought as she stepped into the elevator of the building where the clinic she is going to work in was located. 'I wonder how will my work load be like . . . It's so exciting! Being able to put what I have learnt in college in work, helping the life of others.'

*Ding*

The door of the elevator opened, revealing to Eri the main door of the clinic she is going to work in. Eri walked into the clinic with her usual air and confidence surrounding her. Being the top honours student in Psychology, it was no doubt why she was able to get a job in the clinic just a week after graduation.

"Sorry Miss, we are not in operation timing yet, would you like to come in after 930 AM?" The receptionist situated at the front desk spoke to Eri as she stepped in.

Eri smiled brightly at the receptionist as she answered. "I'm not here for an appointment. It's my first day working her, Kamei Eri desu." Eri introduced herself as she stretch out her hand for a handshake.

"You are Kamei Eri ?!" The receptionist startled and mumbled under her breath. "I was expecting an old lady to fill in Makoto-san's space. This is the first time the clinic is recruiting such a young psychologist." And when she realised Eri was staring at her actions, she cleared her throat and continued. "I'm Fujimoto Miki, the receptionist here. I have been working here since u graduated from high school. Nice to meet you, Eri-san."

"Nice to meet you too, Fujimoto-san. May I ask where should I report to this morning?" Eri asked politely.

"You are supposed to report to Nakazawa-san's room, which is the second room from your right." Miki informed.

"Alright. Thanks, Fujimoto-san, I'll see you around then." With that, Eri left the receptionist desk and walked towards the door as she was directed to and knocked against it.

"Come in." Sounded a deep and mature voice.

"Sorry to interrupt you." Eri greeted as she entered the room. " I am Kamei Eri, reporting for my first day of work."

"Come in and take a seat over here." Yuko ordered.

"Hai!" Eri responded and walked towards the right chair in front of the desk. She arranged the skirt that she was wearing and sat down gracefully, looking at Yuko eye to eye.

"Welcome. Congratulations for your first day. I am glad to have such a young and promising psychologist working under me." Yuko started, offering a handshake to Eri.

"You have flattered me, Nakazawa-san, I'm just a normal graduate student. I should be thankful that your clinic is willing to give me this chance to learn more about psychology and people." Eri responded.

"Very well said. If there's anything that you don't understand or wish to know more, you can always come over and find me, provided that I'm not seeing any client." Yuko continued. She then took a file with thick stack of paper in it from her front and placed it in front of Eri. "This will be your first client. And that's all her information in it. It's a pretty tricky case over there."

Eri looked at the file that had the word 'Confidential' running across the top. "But Nakazawa-san, since it's a complicated issue, wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to take the case on your own?" Eri questioned, slightly worried that she would not be able to handle the case well.

"She's about your age. And I guess it would be easier for her to relate you rather than me, this old lady. She used to be under my counselling since she was a little girl, but there hasn't been any improvement in her condition. That's why I'm thinking about passing this case to someone else to see if there would be any improvements." Yuko explained.

"I see. . . " Eri trailed as picked up the file.

"Have a good read up. She's expected to come in during lunchtime today."Yuko informed.

"Okay. I'll go to my room and read the file up." Eri finished, stood up and retreated from Yuko's consultation room. She was greeted once again by Miki at her desk before she trailed off to the other corner of the clinic and into her allocated room.

Once she was in the room, she noticed that the room was bare and boring. On the desk, there was only a telephone, a computer, and a pencil holder, with a few pens in it. 'This is so SO empty. I really need to decorate this room up.' Eri thought as she placed the file she was holding and her handbag on the desk. She went over to the other side and sat on her chair. 'Start of work life. . . This is definitely going to be interesting!'

Eri opened the file and was welcomed by the information page. The information of her client. 'Takahashi A.'22 years old. Top student in National High School Entrance Examination. Started working after graduation from high school despite amazing results. Unstable job status. Remained rather closed about situation after 18 years of consultation.'Eri stopped and looked up from the file as she was shocked by the information. '18 years?! That meant that she started visiting Nakazawa-san when she's only 4 year old. Then. . . How old was Nakazawa-san when she first took this case?'

Eri shook her head slightly to push away the wave of surprise in her and bow her head down once again, flipping to the next page and continued reading. 'Referred case from Hospital. Orphanage that client lived in took her for medical check up after realising that she had not spoke at all in the three months she came. Medical report showed that vocal cords were normal and undamaged. Positive hearing conditions. Classified as psychological disorder. Primary diagnosis: Selective Mutism.'

'Selective Mutism? That's pretty rare.' Eri thought silently in her mind before continue reading. 'First contact with client:  Zero verbal conversation. Show little signs of shyness and anxiety. Unwilling to speak out inner thoughts. Second session: Zero verbal conservation. All through paper and writings. Session 3: Zero verbal conversation. Got to know that client made no verbal conversation with classmates in school and orphanage as well. Secondary Diagnosis: Progressive Mutism.'

Eri's eye shoot open when she saw the secondary diagnosis. 'Isn't that too early to make the secondary diagnosis as progressive mutism?' Eri thought. She flipped through the pages fast and realised that HER client had made no verbal conversation to anyone since her first time here 18 years ago. The something from the last few pages caught her eye. 'Session # 211: Zero verbal conversation. Client rejected idea of machine treatment to vibrate vocal cords. Similar to Session #56 when client rejected the idea of visiting a psychiatrist for drugs treatment. Tertiary diagnosis: traumatic mutism.(possible) or Total Mutism. Client had good 'social' skills, showed no signs of over shyness and over anxiety in public situation. Able to relate to people through sign language and writings, but not verbally. Time to change psychologist for third opinion.'

'So that's why Nakazawa-san had decided to pass this case to me.' Eri thought as she placed the file back on her desk. "Good challenge." Eri comment ironically before turning to the computer beside her. "Time to do some background reading before she comes then."

"Stupid Eri. She was the one who said that we are already 22 this year, and I am not supposed to Meme-chan or Kame-chan her. But I wondered who was the childish one among the two of us. I can't believe that she drew my face with the marker to get back on me, for waking her up in the middle of the night. Goodness sake, I spent the whole morning trying to get that marker ink off my face." Risa grumbled as she rubbed gently her face, which were red and sore from the rubbings she did in the morning to wipe away the drawings. "And my face still hurts." Risa continued. "I'm gonna get her to pay for this by paying me a good lunch today." Risa finished with an evil laughter. 'That will make her be sure that she should not play pranks on me- Niigaki Risa!'

Risa was on her way to Eri's work place when she noticed someone familiar ahead of her. "Ume-san?" Risa called out surprisingly. 'Shit, Risa, what have you done? He's gonna hear you and drag you home. Quick, find a place to hide!' Risa scolded herself internally. She glanced around her surroundings and realised that there's no buildings or area where she could hide herself with.  Just then, Ai walked past her. 'No choice. I just got to prevent Ume-san from noticing me.' With that, Risa pulled the girl who had just walked past her back on her right hand and hide behind her physique. "Cover me, Onegai!" Risa pleaded, couching a little.

Ai looked surprisingly at Risa as Risa had just pulled her back. She turned her head slightly and saw the guy Risa was trying to avoid turned back for a while before continuing forward towards the common building that the three of them are heading to. 'He's gone. I can leave now.' Ai thought as she tried to peel Risa's hand off hers. But Risa held her hand firm on the Ai while trying to peek over Ai's shoulder.

"Please. Until he's out of the building." Risa begged with her vision never left the building Eri is working in." Sorry to trouble you, but I really can't let him see me. He's running after me." Risa lied partially.

Ai nodded her head slightly. She lifted her left hand in front of her face and glanced at her watch to check the time. 'I'm going to be late for my appointment.' She then glanced at Risa who was busying peeking over her shoulder to check out the building and the guy who was running after Risa's life. 'How am I supposed to inform her? She look serious about what she had just said. Just stay and help her up, Ai.'

"Sorry, is there a Kamei Eri working here?" Ume asked Miki who was seated at the reception desk.

"Yes. Are you looking her for consultation? She will only be free 2 hours after lunch time as she has a lunch consultation with another patient." Miki asked as she looked through the record book that was situated right in front of her.

"Actually, I'm just looking her for a short moment. Can you help me inform her that I'm here? Just say that Ume is looking for her." Ume requested.

"Okay. . . " Miki agreed reluctantly as she picked up the receiver and called Eri's extension. "Eri-san, there's a guy named Ume looking for you."

"Let him in!" Eri sounded from the other end of the receiver before cursing softly under her breath. 'You owed me this one, Risa.'

"Eri . . ."  Ume called out as he entered Eri's office. "Have you seen Risa? She ran away from home yesterday . . . again."

"She did?" Eri tried to sound as shocked and puzzled as she could to prevent Ume from growing suspicion on her. "I haven’t seen Risa for the week, ever since I moved over to Tokyo. What happened this time round again?"

Ume sighed deeply before continuing. "She left a note, saying that she wants her freedom and she's gone. Her parents are making a ruckus out of it now."

"That's Risa you see, Ume-san. She has always been against the idea of taking over Niigaki Corporation since the day she entered university." Eri explained. "If Risa was to accept the idea, she's no longer the Risa that we both knew."

"I understand." Ume nodded his head in agreement. "Sorry to disturb, Eri-chan. Enjoy your work. If you see Risa, tell her that I will try to convince her parents about the issue." With that, Ume left Eri's office.

"He's coming!" Risa whispered out as she noticed Ume walking out of the building and was coming in her direction. 'Sheez. Did he saw me?' Realising that Ume was getting closer and closer to them, Risa pulled Ai's neck closer to her and placed her lip on hers, trying hard to hide her face and not being too suspicious by just hiding under Ai's physique.

'What is she doing?' Ai thought with her eyes wide opened.

When Ume walked past them, Risa let go her hold on Ai's neck and turned in the direction Ume had went, making sure that he's really gone. And when she turned back, Ai was gone. 'Where is she? I haven't got to know her name, nor thanked her for her help.' Risa thought as she continued her way to Eri's workplace. Then she stopped in her steps. 'WAIT. Did I kiss her just now? What have you been thinking, Risa?! Yes you need to get away from Ume-san, but that doesn't mean that you can take advantage of the stranger you have just met!' Realisation filled her and Risa scolded herself mentally. 'I hope that she won't get the wrong idea.' Risa reflected as she continued moving, occasionally turning around to see if she could see the lady she had grabbed to help her previously. 'I hope I'll get to see her once more, to explain my actions just now.'

(Gomen Miki-chan) Ai signed as she entered the clinic frantically, certainly had not gotten over the sudden intimate action the stranger did to her. (I was caught up with a situation just now.)

"Ai-san . . ." Miki called out. "I thought you are not coming anymore. You're 15 minutes late. That's so unlike of you." Miki continued.

(Gomen Gomen. I will get going now) Ai finished signing and proceeded towards Yuko's door where Miki stopped her.

"Not that room, that one." Miki pointed at Eri's door. "You've changed counsellor, you remember?" Miki reminded.

(Ah. Gomen) Ai turned her direction back and paced towards Eri room, knocking on the door lightly to inform Eri that she was here.

"Come in" Eri acknowledged.

Ai bowed as she entered Eri's room. (Sorry. I was caught up with some stuffs. Sorry for that I was late.) Ai expressed her apologies.

Eri stared blankly at Ai's actions. "Sorry, I don't understand sign language. " Eri expressed as she snapped out of her shock and back to her professionalism. "Take your seat." Eri offered as she placed fresh pieces of paper and pen she had prepared in front of Ai.

Ai picked up the pen and started writing on the paper. <Sorry. I didn't know that you can't understand sign language. Sorry for that I was late. I was caught up with some stuffs.>

"It's alright. I'm glad that you still came even though you were caught up with stuffs. I was so afraid that you will not come, after knowing that your new psychologist is a fresh graduate from college." Eri joked slightly, hoping that it would help Ai a little with the anxiety she may had at that moment. "Anyway, my name is Kamei Eri, but I would rather call me Eri, since is sounds closer and calling me Kamei-san just made me feel old, Takahashi-san."

Ai smiled a little. <Alright. But since you are asking me to address you with your first name, it would be as appropriate for you to address me with my first name as well, isn't that so, Eri-san?>

"Indeed." Eri responded as she nodded her head. "Ai-san then." Eri continued with a smile. 'She is indeed sociable. No signs of anxiety or shyness for someone she had just met. That could be because she knew that I'm a psychologist. With her level of intelligence, she could pretty well fake it to make things easier.'

Ai realised Eri was reading her, analysing her actions. <Is there any questions you want to ask?>

'Straightforward. I like it.' Eri thought. "Why wouldn't you talk?" Eri asked right to the spot, hoping that she would give out reasons why she could not talk.

<Isn't that what you are suppose to tell me? If I knew that why wouldn't I talk, I won't be sitting here talking to you nor coming back here for the past 20 years.>

Eri thought quietly for a while before continuing, "Have you tried talking before?"

Ai tensed up and pondered for a while. "Pa . . .pa . . .Ma . . . ma. . ." <No. Not at all. Since the time where I had memories, I remembered that I never had the ability to talk.>

'She's hiding something. But  that's what most clients do, don't they? Most of them who came, they are forced to be here. Thus leading to the unwillingness to talk. For her case, I can guessed the same as well. Especially after 20 years. Apparently, she is not as straightforward as she was trying to display to me.' Eri thought in her mind. "I see. . . Since this is the first session you have with me, shall we start all over from the top? Why don't you tell me more about yourself?"

<Isn't all my information written in the file? Why do you still need to ask?>

Eri closed the file in front of her. "You are a person, not an item. I would like to know more of your through communications rather than written information. And in order to write new assessment, I need to know you more personally." Eri explained. 'I wondered was she so tough when she was with Nakazawa-san, or was it because I'm new, that's why she is so reluctant to speak?'

"Sorry, is Kamei Eri still in her office or have she gone for lunch?" Risa asked Miki as she stepped into the clinic.

'Not another one. That girl is really popular, isn't she?' Miki thought as she stared at Risa. "She is in. But she's seeing a client now. Please wait outside for her."

"Thanks . . ." Risa trailed off, sensing the tinge of unfriendliness coming out of Miki. 'Did I step onto her tail or something else?' Risa sat down and the waiting area, back facing the door of Eri's room.

"I will text you the meeting time and place" Risa heard Eri's voice sounded as the door opened. Risa turned around and saw a familiar back view leaving the clinic. 'It's her! So she's Eri's client.'

(Miki-chan, I'm running late. Will contact you again) Ai signed as she rushed out of the clinic, missing Risa who was seated at the waiting area. 

"Risa?" Eri called out to the familiar back that was facing her. Risa turned back and face Eri. "What are you doing here? It's dangerous here!" Eri reprimanded as she went forward and grabbed Risa back into her office.

"I have to get back at the girl who actually had the guts to draw on my precious face you see." Risa replied sarcastically while Eri glazed on the ground. Risa then continued. "And that girl . . . Is she your client?" Risa asked, completely ignoring the question Eri had put across a while ago.

"What girl? Her? You know her?" Eri asked curiously.

"Not really. But I want to know her better . . ." Risa trailed off. "Why is she here anyway?"

"Are you trying to get me to break my professional ethnics on my first day of work? You very well should know that all information are confidential, don't you?" Eri scolded. "And, you should have text me or call me to inform that you are coming. So you know that it's dangerous over here?"

"I know. . . I saw Ume-san coming in to find you. How was it?" Risa interrupted Eri's scolding.

"You saw him?" Eri questioned.

"Yupps. I kind of manage to hide from him . . . I guess he didn't saw me . . ." Risa answered with uncertainties. "I'm hungry, ready to go? You are going to pay for what you have done to my face."

'There goes my first pay.' Eri thought as she nodded her head. "Before that, you have to return a favour to me. For helping you to ditch away Ume-san."

"And that is?" Risa asked while raising one of her eyebrow.

"You will know then." came the victory reply of  Eri.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:51:36 AM by caiyunki »

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 2]
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:29:32 AM »
Oooohh! This is a really interesting story! :twothumbs Poor Ai-chan! :( Her parents are soooo bad, but I wonder why she can't talk. Even before the time when she realized that her parents abandoned her. She is diagnosed with Mutism, but she had the ability to say Mama and Papa... ;) Maybe she suffered too much shock from the past that's making it worst. :smhid

I got hooked when I realized that Gaki is the new daughter Ai-chan's parents picked up. Doesn't Gaki know she's only adopted?

What a nice way for TakaGaki to meet. :wub: A kiss on the neck! :inlove: There IS TakaGaki romance, right? :D I wonder if Ai-chan would become a singer when she recovers. :w00t: Sorry for all the questions. :nervous

I'll be waiting for your next update. :grin:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:05:01 AM »
Oh wow, that was really forward of Risa, but I guess, desperate times and all that. :lol: I think I'm beginning to see where this is going and I'm seriously hoping for continued Takagaki!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:31:18 AM »
Well it was all ways going to be Gaki who was the adopted daughter wasn't it, hmm seems as though she's fallen for Ai, love at first sight, with the girls who's life you stole..... that can't be good.

So Eri is Ai's new concellor?, hmm I wonder what these two releationship will end up like, will Eri also gain feelings for Ai?.......

ha, seems as though even with selective mutisum Sayu still fan girls over Ai!  :lol:

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »
Aichan's parents are horrible... abandoning her like that  :smhid
Risa running away from home and then kissing Aichan to hide from some guy  :lol:
Nice one for Gaki  :lol:

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 10:34:30 PM »
WAHH this story is getting so good!  :w00t:

So Aichan can sign... that's really interesting.  And Risa is the typical rich girl who wants to be normal... but so far, i don't think anybody in this story is "normal", what with the turtle being a psychologist straight out of college and Aichan being mute..  XD

keep at it! i wanna know more~ :D

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 12:37:52 AM »
Hello!! Well I didn't really have any habits on commenting and replying comments. I will try my very best to do so now!! So yeah . . . *Awkward . .* HAHAHA

@kano-chan: Hihi!! I'm glad that you said it's interesting. Well, Ai isn't really diagnosed with Mutism. It's actually call selective Mutism (or Progressive Mustism) where one had a ability to speak but they chose not to. People diagnosed with Selective mutism are usually shy, anxious and concious about the surroundings they are in. However, for Ai case, she had never presented herself in that way, thus leading the inability to pin point the real reason why she couldn't speak. Prehaps for Ai's case, she's anxious and shy when she was young, leading to the inability to speak . . . and . . . Well, Psychology isn't really my field of study and all that was the from the research I did last year when I first got back to writing this story. So I kinda rusty of it. Whether or not they present in reality . . .. i'm not sure bout that. Hehe

About Gaki . . . Questions about her will be reveal in the following chapters . . . I'm not revealing anything  :lol:

It's not a kiss on the neck. It was a kiss on the lips *hides* perhaps it time for me to change the way I write, in order to get the idea straight clearly ?? HAHA. Hmmmm. I can just say, I like TAKAGAKI together . . . . So . . .  :)

Thanks for the comments!! :)

@rndmnwierd : THANK YOU!!! Yupp. . . ^.-

@oddball : Gaki . . .. . . Please continue reading to get the answers :) heheheh hmmmm. . . Yupps Eri is Ai's new psychologist, whichi hopefully will make things more interesting .:)

PS: I did just realised the fangirling of Sayumi -.- :lol:hahahah Good thing that you point it out :)

@shenlog :HELLO!! THANKS :)

@SarangAi : AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *Blush* I LOVED YOUR STORIES!! and i'm surprised that you had commented *hides* Like I had mentioned earlier. I didn't really like to comments stuffs and blah. . . I really LOVED your stories, SarangAi. and I'm glad this story kinda caught your attention. :)

Yuppss. none of the characters are normal, and majority of them are OOC. . . But I do believe that real Eri is not as real airhead as she presented herself in morning musume. So yeah . . . That's why I chosed to give her the role as the pyschologist, thought it was unbelievable . . . HAHAH . THank You for commenting!!! AHHH!!!

Here's the next chapter :)

[Chapter 3] - The price to pay

"Tell me, why am I here with you again?" Risa asked dejectedly as she sat beside Eri behind her allocated desk in the classroom.

"It's to pay back for the favour that I had helped you, Risa." Eri answered with her attention fully focused on the teacher in front.

"It's only to deceive Ume-san that you have not seen me, and that's all! Why am I dragged to have lessons with you, Eri? I hate sitting in classes, you know that. I would rather go out there for a run, swim or even singing, and not lessons." Risa argued back, pouting slightly at her best friend.

"That's the reason why I asked you to be here. . . It's to TORTURE you." Eri replied jokingly.

Risa rolled her eyes  at the answer Eri gave her. "You love me too much that you won't bear to torture me ne, Meme-chan." Risa joked, sending shivering sensation down Eri's spine.

"Stop being disgusting, Risa. If you continue doing that, I bet you are going to stay single for the rest of your life." Eri insulted, scooting slightly further away from Risa.

"The two of you over there, if both of you are not interested in the lesson, please get out. If not quiet down and listen carefully." The teacher directed the whole class attention to the two of them and scolded them.

Eri bowed her head to show her apology while Risa remained as who and what she was., twirling the pen in her hand. When the teacher had direct her attention to the projector screen, Risa leaned towards Eri and asked, "Why are you learning sign language?"

"Is there a rule that says 'Kamei Eri is not allowed to learn sign language' going around?"  Eri replied cynically.

"Yes." Risa answered the one that Eri did not expect. "You never showed any interest in sign language before. So why the sudden interest?" Risa asked once again.

"Work requirements." Eri answered curtly as she was trying to pay attention to what the teacher was teaching.

"Work requirements?" Risa repeated, being not satisfied with the answer Eri had just given. "If it's work requirement, they would have place sign language as one of the core modules in Psychology major." Risa reasoned.

"You know what, Risa? You should really shut up before I decide to call Ume-san here to drag you back to Kyoto. Since I've said that it's work requirements, it means that it's confidential, Baka." Eri insulted, successfully shut Risa up.

"Your phone is ringing, Meme-chan." Risa stated as she walked beside Eri down the neon illuminated night street of Tokyo. She stuck both her hands in her pocket as she walked, waiting for Eri to answer her call. She turned her attention around, glancing at the sign boards that we hung outside the shops. They had just finished their 3rd lesson of beginner sign language lesson and was looking for a good restaurant to settle their dinner before heading home.

"Hello?" Eri answered her phone after a few moments of frantic rummaging of her bag. "Ume-san? Hai! You're looking for me?" Eri spoke out, looking at Risa with her eyes bulging out. Risa stopped at her steps when she heard that it was Ume who had just called Eri. She turned around to her surrounding, checking to see if there any 'suspicious' personnel she should avoid before looking back at Eri.

"Eri-chan? I somehow managed to convince Retora-san about Risa's disappearance. He mentioned that he will give Risa a year time to do the things she wants to do. A year later, she have to come back." Ume sounded from the other end of the receiver.

"Really?" Eri, still focusing on Risa at the moment, responded with joy.

"Yeah. Can you help me inform Risa as well? If you get to see her I mean. Meanwhile I will try to contact her as well." Ume reconfirmed, obviously had knew that Risa was with Eri and had saw her at the foot of the building that day.

'Sheez. He knew . . . ' Eri thought with Risa trying to climb on her, attempting to eavesdrop the conversation. Eri brushed Risa off her and replied, "I will tell her so . . . If I get to see her. Thank you Ume-san! Have a nice evening." With that, Eri hung up the call.

"What did Ume-san say? Did he knew that I am with you? Is he near? Should I hide?" Risa bombarded frantically once Eri had peeled off the phone from her ears.

Eri said nothing. She shone her best smile to Risa.

"What's behind that smile?" Risa asked suspiciously, narrowing her eyes at Eri.

"You owe me one big thing. Ume-san as well." With that, Eri continued walking down the streets, with Risa chasing after behind her.

Ai sat on her bed, with covers over her legs and eyes on the book she was holding on. On the bind of the book, it was engraved with gold lining, 'Anatomy of Neurology'.  That was what she was doing until she heard the vibration of her phone at the bedside table. She placed the book on her lap and picked up her mobile phone.

{I will see you tomorrow at the Mind's Café at 12 - - Kamei Eri }

'12 at Mind's? Not her office?' Ai thought for a while, before sending in her reply and placed her phone back to its original position. She picked up her book once again and immersed herself into the world of medical knowledge.

Once again, her reading was disturbed by another message sent to her phone. 'Who is it this time round?' Ai thought as she picked up her phone.

{Ai-chan! Are you working now? I'm having my semester break this week and I'm thinking about having lunch with you tomorrow! Are you free? We definitely have lots to catch up this time round. - -Asami}

'Asami-chan?' Ai thought for a few moment, before typing {I would like to, but I'm having a lunch consultation tomorrow at Mind's. After 1, is it okay with you? - Ai}

Almost right away, Ai had received her replied. {No problem! See ya tomorrow Ai! - Asami}

Ai smiled slightly at the message and returned reading her book until her bedtime at 10 pm.

"Ai-chan, call Mama" The lady in front of little Ai hoaxed, hoping Ai would make some sound out of her mouth.

Ai opened her mouth, but no voice came out. Sadness immediately dawned over the lady's face. Ai noticed it and brought the same sadness to herself.

"It's alright, Ai-chan. You can do it the next time." The lady encouraged as she ruffled Ai's hair, pulling the cover up to her shoulder, and kissed Ai at the forehead. "Good night, Ai-chan. . ."

"She's not a mute! She's just a special child. A special child that needs special attention. The doctor had said that her vocal cord is not damaged. There's no chance that she would be a mute. She's going learn how to talk bit by bits. She needs time. She needs us. Maybe we can move to a new environment." Little Ai stirred a little, opened her small eyes, revealing her beautiful eyes. The loud conversation in her parents room had awaken her.

Don't go . . . Don't leave me alone . . .

Ai bolted up from her sleeping position, panting heavily to get enough air into her system. The dreams she was having was suffocating her, draining oxygen away from her body each night. 'No, this is not a dream. This is a reality, a reality that I'm running away all these while.'

Ai removed the covers from her body and got down on the ground. 'Another start, another day. . . What am I living for?'

Eri sat at the seat next to the full length window, watching people walking past and by her outside the window. It was a table of 4 people. She glanced at the watch for the third time. '1150 AM Just nice, it's gonna be a bad impression for people if I'm late for consultations.' Eri thought. She directed her attention to the main entrance of the café and saw Ai standing there with a thick book in her arm, looking troubled.

"A table for how many, Madam?" The waitress at the desk asked.

Ai looked down and licked her lips nervously. 'I need a paper. . . '

"She's with me." A third voice interrupted the one sided conversation that had been going on. Ai looked up and saw Eri walking towards them.

"I see. Sorry." The waitress apologised before walking in front of Eri, bring the two back to the seat that Eri had previously sat on.

"Thanks." Eri said politely while Ai bowed her head nervously. Ai placed down the book that she was holding on the adjacent table. Eri eyed at the title of the book. 'Medical book. She's interested?'

(Thank you) Ai signed. 'Oh I forgot, she does not understand sign language.'

"You are welcomed, Ai-san. It's always my pleasure to help you." Eri responded, as Ai looked surprisingly at Eri.

(You understood what I was signing?) 'I need to double check'

"Yes. I've taken some lessons and self study. I can pretty much understand a little bit of sign language. But I need more practice. If I don't get it right, please correct me, Ai-san" Eri replied as she took out the papers she prepared and placed it before Ai. "In case." Eri finished with a smile.

Ai smiled back at Eri, giving her the affirmations that she knew what Eri was talking about. (You're early. I thought I was being early, but you're earlier than me.) Ai signed as she glimpsed at the watch on her right wrist

"You are early too. It's just my habit to be early. And, I can't be late." Eri smiled as she explained with implied meanings in her answer.

Ai just nodded her head. (What do you want to know this session?)

"Don't treat this as a consultation session. Treat this like a normal lunch with a friend. I just want you to be comfortable, that's why I chose to meet outside office this week. This helps to relieve mood. And I think, we can be good friends." Eri suggested, remembering the very first lesson she had learnt. If you want to truly help someone, get to know them before even trying to tackle the problem because it was humans that a psychologist is facing. Make them to be comfortable with you, before thinking about going deeper into their mind. "What would you like to have for lunch?" Eri asked as she placed the menu before Ai.

Ai picked up the menu and glanced at it for a long while. (I'll have Katsudon.) With that, Ai placed the menu back to its original position and stared at the plate in front of her.

"Why are you staring at the plate? Are you nervous?" Eri asked after she finished ordering the food.

(A little. I seldom eat out. So . . .)

Eri nodded her head. "You should try to relax a bit." 'She seemed to be quite conscious about her surroundings.'

(I'll try.)

"So, how was your month? Have you got another job yet?" Eri tried to start a conversation, hoping that it would help to reduce the nervousness Ai was feeling.

(Not yet. I'm still looking around. But I do have an interview later in the afternoon.) Ai replied.

"Do you need some help in it? I may not know a lot of people in Tokyo, but I believe Nakazawa-san do. I believe that she would be more than willing to help." Eri suggested.

Ai shook her head immediately to show her objection against the idea. (No, don't tell Yuko-san. I don't want her to be worried for me. Please.)

Eri was slightly shock with the sudden agitation of Ai. She nodded her head slightly. "If that's what you want, I won't tell Nakazawa-san."

(Thank you.) Ai breath out a deep breath of relief. (I don't want her to be worried for me again.) Ai explained.

"You have good relationship with Nakazawa-san?"

(She's been with me since I was 4. She emphasized too much. That I think it's not good for her. She's taking too much of me into her life. I don't want to be a burden to someone else life anymore.)

'This is the first time she mentioned about her childhood life. I guess Nakazawa-san really affected her life a lot.' Eri thought deep in herself as she continued watching Ai signing. "Do you -" Before Eri could voiced out her concern about Ai thinking herself as a burden to others, a knock on the glass window interrupted her.

Both of them turned around to face the glass window and found no one standing out there. There was only endless of people walking past it. No one stood still.

(I guess it's just someone who had accidentally knocked against the window.) Ai proposed. 

"I guessed so too." Eri agreed. "As I was saying, do you -"

"Meme-chan!" The very familiar voice to the both of them sounded throughout the café. Eri looked up to the entrance and saw Risa, strolling towards the table. "You are such a meanie. When I asked you for lunch this afternoon after my auditions, you said that you have to work during lunch today. And there you are now, having lunch with someone else." Risa commented comically, stopping right beside Eri, with her back facing Ai.

"Shut up, Risa. Everyone's looking! Stop being an embarrassment!" Eri scolded, realising that the patrons' attention were all on their table, which was part of the reason for Ai's slight anxiety. The other part of Ai's anxiety was due to Risa herself.

"Can I join in?" Risa asked, turning to Ai who was seated directly opposite Eri. "Oh, it's you." Risa was shocked.

"I'm working, Risa!" Eri grounded out before Risa asked her second question. "You know each other?" Eri voiced out to the both of them.

Risa pulled out the chair beside Eri and sat on it. That earned Risa a dreadful stare from Eri. "I'm working . . ." Eri whined this time round.

Ai flipped her hand in front of Eri to get her attention. (Eri-san, I think it's alright. It's about time now as well. I think I will make my leave now. I will see you next month.)

"No wait!" Eri shout out as Ai prepared to leave. Risa grabbed Ai's hand, which was flat facing down on the table. "Am I interrupting anything? If I am, I'm sorry." Risa made out. "I'm sorry for the previous time as well. I didn't mean to do that, so, it's really an emergency. You can ask Eri about it. Anyway, I think I should leave now. See you tonight, Eri." Risa stood up from her seat.

"Ai-chan!"

Ai turned around towards the source of call while Eri and Risa looked up.

(Asami? You're early.)

Asami froze at her spot when she realised Ai was with others. She too had noticed the awkward atmosphere at the table.  "Hi. . . " Asami managed to choke out of her throat awkwardly.

(Why are you so early?) Ai asked. Risa watched Ai's action. She should had understood if she had paid attention during the classes she went to with Eri.

'So that's why Eri had decided to take sign language lesson.' Risa thought as she glanced at Ai empathically.

"I'm not early. I'm just on time. It's already 1, Ai." Ami replied before turning to Eri and Risa to introduce her own self. " Hi, my name is Konno Asami, Ai-chan's friend since elementary school up."

"I'm Kamei Eri over here."

"I'm Niigaki Risa."

(Shall we leave, Asami?) Ai asked, feeling a little uncomfortable with Risa around. She's always uncomfortable with strangers around. Eri was a different case as she knew that Eri's her psychologist. The weird first encounter with Risa had just intensified the uneasiness Ai felt around Risa.

"To where? You have not finish your food. We might as well have our lunch here. It's not like any day where I can meet your friends, Ai. " Asami replied as she took the seat beside Ai. Then, she saw her book lying on the table. "I knew that you are going to bring this to return it back to me."

(I just finished reading it yesterday) Ai smiled slightly.

"I got more for you." Asami replied, turning over to her backpack and took out a thick stack of magazines. "All these are the medical journals that I've finished reading. You can take your time with them." Asami informed with a smile. She then turned her attention to Eri and Risa. "How do you Niigaki-san and Kamei-san got to know Ai-chan?"

Eri gazed at Ai. 'Should I say my identity? or?' Eri thought for a long while.

(Kamei-san is my new psychologist.) Ai signed in response of Eri's questioning stare.

"I see." Ami nodded her head at the information given. "What about you, Niigaki-san? How did you know Ai?"

"I - How do I say . . . We met each other on the streets last month, and she helped me out in a great favour. But before I managed to show my appreciation, she's gone." Risa answer vaguely, not sure whether should she list out how the whole story had gone.

"What favour?" Eri raised her eyebrow in interest.

"I don't think I should say." Risa avoided.

"Come on Niigaki-san, I will want to know as well." Asami encouraged.

"Can I ?" Risa asked Ai.

(I think it's okay. Just do not go into details.) Ai replied defeatedly.

"What did she say?" Risa asked sheepishly.

"You should have know! You went to lessons with me, Niigaki Risa!" Eri retorted angrily, pushing Risa away.

"But Meme-chan, I've been sleeping through most of the lessons, you knew that."

"Risa-san, Ai-chan just said that it's okay for you to go into details," Asami answered Risa's question with her own agenda in it.

Eri looked surprisingly at Asami, knowing truly that that was not what Ai signed just now. Asami winked an eye at Eri, signalling Eri to play along with her.

"Yupps, that was what Ai-san had just signed." Eri played along, causing Ai to be real frantic.

Ai took the papers Eri had placed on the table and began to scribble furiously on it. {THAT'S NOT WHAT I HAVE SAID! I SAID DO NOT GO INTO DETAILS!} . Ai flunked the piece of paper right in front of Risa, startling Risa to sit back and leaned on the back rest.

"I know . . ." Risa nodded her head a couple of times.

"Calm down Ai. See, you're much better now. You know I always do that to get you loosen up a little in front of strangers." Asami stated, as she pulled Ai's hands back across the table and to her side.

(Yah. And I wondered why do I still fall for it each time.)

Asami just smiled at Ai. Eri was amused by how worked up Ai had got into. 'The two of them must be really good friends then. Maybe I can get to know more of Ai from Konno-san' Eri thought. "So how did the two of you met?"

"Remember that day where Ume-san came to find you? I saw him at the foot of the building. Well then, there wasn't really a place to hide, so I pulled Ai-san back and hid behind her. That's all." Risa recalled vaguely, not going into deep details as what Ai had requested.

"So you were late for consultation because of this Baka?" Eri asked . Risa narrowed her eyes at Eri, who had made use every chance to insult her when she had the chance to. Eri brushed away the offending stare from Risa.

(Sort of? Sorry, I'm need the washroom. Please excuse me)  Ai signed as she pushed her chair backward and got onto her feet, proceeding towards the direction of the washroom.

"I need the washroom as well." Risa said out suddenly, jumping off her seat and went chasing after Ai.

Risa leaned against the sink as she waited for Ai to come out from the cubicle. 'I haven't apologised to her.'

Ai jerked backwards as she opened the door of the cubicle. (What are you doing there?)

"Huh?" Risa responded, being total clueless about what Ai had just signed. Risa looked around her to search for any writing materials, but found none.

(It's alright. We can talk when we are out there. Are you waiting for the toilet? You can use it now.) Seeing that Risa remained standing at the position, Ai sighed deeply and pointed at the cubicle, hoping that Risa would understand what she was trying to express.

"Do you have a phone? You can type in your phone . .. ' Risa suggested.

'My phone. . . It's lying on the bedside table right now. . .' Ai thought sadly, having to leave her phone at home.

Risa took out hers and passed it to Ai. "You can use this."

{I asked, what are you doing here. Are you waiting for the toilet. You can use it now.} Ai typed in fluently and shoved it before Risa's face.

"No. I'm not using the toilet. I'm waiting for you." Risa replied.

Ai pulled back her hand, backspaced the message she had type previously. {You're waiting for me?} After she had finished typing, she passed it back to Risa, more gently and politely this time round.

Risa read and nodded her head. "I'm sorry for that day. I wasn't thinking what was I doing. It’s not that I kiss every stranger I met. It's just reflex when I realise Ume-san was going to notice me. That's why I . . ." Ai placed her hand on Risa's wrist, stopping Risa's explanation. She took the phone from Risa and started typing in it.

{It's alright. You don't have to explain more. You had already apologised just now. That's enough for me. Whatever had happened had happened. It's just shocked me, that's all. Even though before today, I always thought that you are one pervert who goes around cheating people.}  Ai giggled silently at her reply before showing to Risa.

"So should I be angry or upset about it?" Risa asked rhetorically, causing Ai to giggle in her own way again. "You should smile more." Risa stated.

{Why are you running away from Ume-san?} Ai asked, changing the topic Risa had raised.

"Ume-san is my family chauffeur. He had watched me growing up."

Ai held Risa's hand. {You are not answering my question. Why are you running away from him? Now that you said that he's someone who watch you grown up, there's no reason for you to be running away from him} Ai analysed.

"I ran away from home, Ai-san. He was there to bring me home. I don't want to go home. Not at this moment." Risa answered truthfully.

Ai moved to the side of Risa, and leaned against the same sink Risa was leaning against at that moment.  {Why are you running away from home?}

“I’m tired of being at home. I’m tired of having all my future planned by my parents. I’m just tired. I want a world of my own. I want to achieve my own dreams.” Risa answered sadly, diverting her attention to the glossy marble floor, tapping her feet lightly on the ground.

‘Risa-san . . . At least you have a family. . .’ Ai looked away from Risa to prevent herself from tearing. {At least they cared for your being. For that you will know that they will always be there for you, no matter what happens.} Ai typed with the intention to cheer Risa up.

“I wonder . . .They never hear my will,  what i wanna to do in life. Everything is in their way of direction. Not mine. I wanted to major in music when I was in college, but they stopped me. They enrolled me into Business and Marketing instead. That was the first time I ran away from home. But I was being dragged home by Ume-san in less than 24 hours.” Risa started with a bitter smile. “Well at least there was Eri around to listen to my grumblings. After graduation, Eri moved over here while my parents started urging me to work in their company. It's just. . . I can't take it anymore. I guessed I'm not the perfect daughter for them." Risa continued. 'Why am I telling her all these? This is the first time I actually told someone so much of my own self. I never had the need to tell Eri. She understood everything. Why her?'

'Neither am I one to mine. If not . . . they would not have left me alone. . .' Ai thought sadly, looking at Risa this time round. {Well. . . At least they cared, at least they loved you. I guess they have a reason for that, and they do love you deep from their heart.}

"That's true.  . . As for now, at least I have a year of freedom . . . before going back to be the perfect daughter for them. That's call compromising." Risa finished, heaving one last sigh. “Ne, Ai-san, do you mind giving me your contact number? I felt comfortable talking to you. . . Maybe we can became better friends and together with Eri.” Risa continued with a laugh, causing Ai to smile as well.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:55:22 PM by caiyunki »

Offline black_inu09

Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 3]
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 02:36:49 AM »
I read your chapter three, and I enjoyed it , I found myself smiling while reading it.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 03:34:35 AM »
Haha..I see. That's very informative. :D With all the info on Ai-chan's diagnosis, it really tells me that you are very knowledgeable about this. :thumbsup

Yaay! Another chapter!  :cow:

It's so sad that Ai-chan is having nightmares about her past. :( And the "What am I living for?" is the right question. I mean, for someone like Ai-chan who was abandoned by her family, can't talk, and have difficulty finding jobs and remain working, what IS she living for? Perhaps she's destined to become something great :yep: and reunite with her family..just to make them feel guilty! :tama-mad: This story is indeed meaningful. :grin:

Eri is being so very kind to take sign language classes. :) It sounds like she'll find cure for Ai-chan. :w00t: And I see TakaGaki getting closer! :wub:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 04:55:33 AM »
If more shrinks were like Eri, they wouldn't all be so scary. She's such a sweetheart. And I wasn't expecting the Asami cameo, will we get the last gokkie to show up?

And, yay! Takagaki progress!

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
  • I'll do anything for your smile Risa!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 07:24:25 AM »
Your fic is so interesting!!! It gives me a feeling, that you know lot of psychology  :)
Poor Ai-chan, her parents are awful! To abandon their own daughter, that's unforgivable  :angry:
Hah, it's fun to see Risa-chan who isn't so dutiful all the time  :lol: I hope she will be able to make her dream come true  :heart:
Yay, Asami is back!!!  :cow: Will Gokkies be together again???  :inlove:
Love this, keep up with good work  :thumbsup

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 08:30:38 AM »
interesting story :)
Nakazawa as psychologist? it must be one scary psychologist except she's OOC in this story  :lol:
and it's weird to imagine Kame being all smart and serious at work  :lol:
It's good that Risa apologized... now they can be friends, guess Risa will pay attention to signing class from now on  XD

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
It's so interesting! :wub:
I'm not good at in commention to anything
but this story caught me up

waiting for the next chapter :wub:

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
Well, well, well, So it would seem Gaki is the child that Ai's parent's took, must say I appriciate the irony that Gaki want's to get away from her parent who abandoned Ai....

Eri seems to be ver caring towards Ai, it's to early to tell yet but I just wionder if any of her kindness, i.e. learning sign Language etc means she more intrested in Ai than on a proffesional level

It seems as though Gaki is the one who's making Ai more comfortable, well in a way, when she not around her neck any way  :lol:, Could she be the one to make Ai speak......

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 4]
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »
Just some fast reply . . . . The last gokkie has actually appeared before in the story . . . . .:X hahah

I'm running for lessons, and therefore, let me fastly present you to the next chapters!!

Thanks all for commenting and reading :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 4] - The Walk Down the Memory Lane (1)

{How was your interview in the afternoon? Really, I had a very good time today, knowing you. - Risa} Ai read off the screen of the mobile phone.

'Risa-san?' Ai thought. {It's nice know you as well, Risa-san. My interview? Hopefully I can get the job. But most likely, I will have to go around and search for another soon - Ai} Ai entered in her cell phone and pushed the 'send' button, before placing it back on the table where it had been lying on. She started walking away slightly towards the bathroom, reaching out her hand to her hair, pulling off the ribbon that was holding her long silky hair in a pony tail.

Almost immediately, the phone on the table vibrated. 'So fast?'. Ai stopped in her steps, turned back a little and grabbed her phone along with her, before continue moving into the bathroom.

{Ganbatte! I'm sure that you will be able to get that job! ^.^ Anyway, do you mind if I asked what are you doing tomorrow? - Risa}

Ai closed the door of the bathroom and grabbed the brush that was lying on the rim of the sink and ran it through her hair with her right hand and typed the reply with her left. {Why are you asking? - Ai}. She placed the phone at the position where the brush used to stand. 'Why am I so happy today?' Ai asked her reflection in the mirror in her mind. Shrugging her shoulder a little in response to her own question, Ai placed the brush beside the phone  and turned around , stepping into the shower area.

{Why are you asking? -Ai}  Risa read as she laid on her stomach on her bed in Eri's study room. 'What should I say? Hmmm.' {I was thinking since both of us are so free, why not hang out together? I have nothing to do tomorrow. Well, I pretty much have nothing to do until the results of the second audition is out. - Risa}

Risa placed her phone beside her pillow and returned to reading the sign language book she stole from Eri's room when Eri was taking her shower. Her mind ran away from the contents of the book in less than a minute time. 'Why haven't she reply my message? Am I being too fast? I mean we just got to know each, maybe she's not comfortable hanging out together. Hmmm.'

Risa took her phone up again. {It's okay if you do not want to hang out tomorrow, Ai-san. Just pretend that I did not asked. - Risa}

"Risa ! I'm coming in." Eri called out as she knocked on the door.

'Sheez, I can't let her know that I took her book.' Risa thought. With that, she shoved the book that she was reading under her pillow and turned on her back, pretending that she was just about to prepare to sleep.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Risa asked innocently as Eri entered the room.

Eri proceeded towards her bookshelf in the study room and began running her eyes along the long stretch of books. "I'm looking for some books. I need to finish my report by tonight. " Eri replied as she pulled out a book from the shelf, flipping a few pages, before placing it back on the shelf. It was obvious that that was not the book she was looking for. She continued her search for the books. "Oh yah! " Eri called out, only to see Risa checking her phone.

"Yes?" Risa asked, looking up from the screen of her phone. 'Why haven't Ai-san reply me? Did I scared her with my actions?'

"Have you seen the sign language book that I bought last week? " Eri asked as she pulled out another book and placed it on the study table, looking at Risa's direction once again.

"No . . . I have not seen it. Why did you asked?" Risa acted blur about the situation while she checked her phone once again for any new message.

Eri pouted. "It's gone! It was in my room a while ago. But when I came out from the shower, it's gone! I can't find it." Eri whined, picking out two more books and place it on top of the one she selected previously. "I was about to finish that book." Eri grunted childishly, only to catch Risa checking her phone for the third time. "Are you waiting for someone's call or message?" Eri asked curiously.

"Huh?" Risa was shocked. She dropped the phone that she was holding at that moment and it dropped onto her chest and down on the bed. "No - I am not." Risa lied nervously.

"Really?" There was no way Eri would believe the claim Risa had made moments ago. Eri began walking towards the sofa bed Risa was lying. "Do you really think I will believe that, Risa?"  Eri asked when made it to the right side of Risa.

Risa sat up. "Why not? That - that's the truth. I'm not waiting for anything. I'm was about to sleep when you came in." Risa answered with slight shutter at the start and sat up. She held on to the phone she had just dropped.

"I've came in for less than 5 minutes, and I had caught you looking into your phone 3 times. Are you trying to kid me or something?" Eri analysed. " Come on, SAY!" Eri demanded as she jumped onto Risa, with the intention to snatch over the mobile phone in Risa's grip.

"No! It's really nothing! I was just checking the time! Nothing else!" Risa insisted, as she shifted her phone between her right and left hand, keeping Eri away from obtaining the phone to her possession. "Now, GET OFF ME!" Risa threatened.

"No! Not until you show me what you have in your phone!" Eri replied as she grabbed Risa's pillow and threw it at Risa. That was when she saw the book she has been looking around for and Risa had made clear that she had not seen it.

'Gosh! She saw it! I'm dead!' Risa thought within herself.

"NIIGAKI RISA!" Eri scream out, getting off Risa and picked up the book. "You TOOK my book and you said you did not see it!" With that, she knock Risa's head lightly with the book in her hand. "Meanie!" The excitement of her finding her book had taken over the curiosity of her to know what was in Risa's mobile phone. "Why did you take it anyway?"

Risa struggled to get Eri off her. "Read, if not why do you think I will take it?"

"Read? Since when are you interested? Aren't you the one always complaining about how boring the lesson is and why do you have to take the lesson with me?" Eri raised an eyebrow and looked at Risa cynically from her position. Risa had successfully pushed Eri off herself, with Eri landing at the edge of the bed, just millimetres to fall onto the floor.

"Umm. -" That left Risa speechless. 'Come on Risa! Think of something to shut Eri off! If not she's going give you nights of hell for that!' Risa edged her mind. "Umm. I was thinking that since I'm taking the lessons already, might as well I should study for it? I would not want to waste my money to get a red mark in return."

"Really?" Eri questioned about Risa's response, only half believing in it.

"I'm sure!" Risa added on quickly, to cover up any suspicion that may grow in Eri. "Aren't you going to write your report tonight? Can I borrow your book then?" With that, Risa grabbed the book from Eri and pushed her lightly, causing Eri to fall onto the floor. "Go go go, go and do your report! I promise in will return the book to you soon!"

"Ouch! That hurts, Baka!" Eri cried out as her butt landed on the ground. Eri stood up and slapped Risa and her back. "You deserve this! I hate you!" Eri commented jokingly, before walking towards the study table and grabbed the books she picked out earlier and stomped out of the room, closing the door after her.

Risa let out a sigh of relief and checked her mobile once again. 'Still no reply.' Risa thought sadly.  She dropped the phone back to the bed and open the book, continued from where she had left on. But her mind was not on the book at all. 'She has a beautiful smile. I wish she can smile more.' The sound of vibration interrupted her thoughts. She picked up her phone as immediately.

{Sorry for the late reply, I was taking my shower just now. I'm going to do some volunteer work tomorrow. If you don't mind, you can join me. - Ai}

Risa beamed with joy with the reply she got from Ai. She could not stop smiling. {Of course I don't mind. ^.^ - Risa} 'She replied! I worried too much previously. She sounded quite cool about it.' Risa thought.

{I'll see you 7 am at station. - Ai}

"Yes!" Risa shouted out, celebrating a little. She closed the book and placed it back on the study table. She laid happily on her bed, pulling the covers to her shoulder. 'This is so exciting! I can't wait for tomorrow to come.'

Session 2: Location, Mind's Café at downtown. Got to know Client better. Knew one of her friends, Konno Asami, Found out that one of the reason why Client chose not to take post high school education. 1. Finances. 2. Confidence. Client is very conscious for the fact that she could not speak. Had a mindset that she may be a burden to others. Could be one of the contributing factors why she is unable to speak till this day.

Client show little signs of being Selective Mutism. A little nervous about the new environment, but settled in quickly. Need further follow up.

Eri dropped the pen that she was holding on. "Ah!! I don't know what else to write! I still don't know her well enough." Eri groaned out, running right hand through her  hair, messing them up in the process.

The early morning of late autumn is always freezing. It brought the harsh reality that winter is closing in.  At 645am, Risa stood at the entrance of the station, with her trench coat zipped all the way to her neck, hands stuffed in the pocket of the coat. 'It's freezing. Winter is coming soon.'

Someone patted Risa's shoulder, causing Risa to turn to the direction of the touch. Ai took out her phone and typed, {Risa-san! Why are you here so early? I thought I said 7 am?}

"Ai-san." Risa puffed out, having difficulty to speak properly in the coldness.

{Let's go into the station first. It's much more warmer inside.} With that, Ai dragged Risa into the train station.

"Thank you. . .I never expect it to be so cold now." Risa quivered a little, disliking the cold in the morning.

{It's always this cold in the morning in this time of the year} Risa watched Ai typed in her mobile from her position, with a small smile forming at the corner of her mouth. Risa smiled as well. {I can see that you do not have the habit of waking up early} Ai finished up with the smile disappearing as she showed Risa. She was unaware that Risa had been watching her all these while.

'Why do I feel like you are always trying to hide your smile?' Risa thought as she observed Ai's action. "I - Yah." Risa blushed with a little in embarrassment at the discovery Ai had made. "I never had the habit of waking early. So even during college, I had to choose all afternoon lessons to prevent myself from missing lessons." Risa answered sheepishly.

{It's alright. It won't stay so cold throughout the day. It will get warmer in the afternoon.} Ai assured.

Risa nodded her head. "I never knew than autumn morning in Tokyo is as cold as that in Kyoto. I always thought the it would be much more warmer since Winter in Tokyo is warmer." Risa pouted.

{It's just the morning, Risa-san. It would be different when afternoon comes.}

"Where are we going today anyway?" Risa asked as the train entered the station. Ai stood up and walked to the edge of the platform. Risa followed after her and stood by her left side.

{You will know when you reach there.}

"Risa!" Eri called out, bitting a piece of toast in her mouth, her right hand holding on her handbag and left knocking her study room door. "Risa, wake up! I'm heading off for work soon. What are you going to do today? And where are we having dinner tonight? Don't forget that we have sign language lesson this evening." Eri continued as she moved towards the coffee table, grabbed the keys that were lying on it and placed it into her handbag.  She then place her handbag on the sofa.

"RISA!" Eri grunted as she stomped towards the study and burst into the study, expecting to find Risa hiding under her covers. "RI-sa?" 'Where had she gone? This must be a miracle. She was actually up before I am.' Eri thought silently in her mind. Brushing that thought away, Eri closed the door of the room. 'I shall call her during lunch time them. She has been acting weird since last night. I wonder what is up with her.' Eri thought silently, seizing her handbag from the coach and exited her apartment.

The train trip to Okutama, the place Ai had in mind, was pretty much a silent one. Even Risa remained unspoken during the whole to the train trip. Ai was seated opposite her, reading one of the medical journal Ami passed her during lunch yesterday. Risa just sat at her seat, watching Ai from her position. Whenever Ai directed her attention to Risa, Risa will always look away, to prevent Ai from noticing that she was reading her.

Risa looked out of the window of the train carriage for a moment. She was captivated  by the  greeneries, the breathtaking beauty of the nature that replaced the tall urban architectures in the city.

{Is it very boring to hang out with me? Since we can't communicate normally with flow?}  Ai typed into her phone, but hesitated. 'Should I show her? I do not want her to accommodate herself to my pace of conversation.'

"You have something to tell me?" Risa asked as she had observed the possible internal inflicts that would be going through Ai's mind by her actions.

Ai nodded her head unconscientiously and with an reluctant hand, she passed the phone to Risa.

Risa blinked her eyes are the statement shown on the phone. 'What makes her think so?' Risa looked up and into Ai clear blank orbs. Ai took over the phone again. {From yesterday, I can understand that you are a person with a friendly disposition and have lots to say. You seemed quite quiet today. . . Did you regret coming along with me to volunteer today?} With that, Ai stuffed the phone back into Risa's grip and looked away slightly.

"Ai-san?" Risa called out to get Ai to look at her. "It's not boring hanging out with you. Not at all. Even though I may sound noisy, I'm actually a quiet person. I'm only noisy around Eri. She's too much fun to just keep quiet around her." Risa joked, trying to ease the sadness she felt from Ai. "I actually liked hanging out with you. And this is my first time volunteering. My parents never allow me to do these things back home." Risa continued.

{Really?}

"Hmmm hmmm" Risa sounded in response. "So I should thank you Ai-san for giving me this chance to volunteer." Risa ended with a genuine smile, which successful influenced Ai.

{You're welcome. Risa-san.} Ai typed.

"So, where are we stopping?" Risa asked.

{Okutama.}

"Where is this place? I have not heard of this place before." Risa questioned curiously.

{It's a small town located at the western part of Tokyo. You will love the place, I think.} 

"You have reach the mailbox of Niigaki Risa and this means that I am currently busy and unable to answer your call. If you have something that you need to tell me, please try calling me at a later time. If not you can also chose to leave a message behind. But please be sure that you name yourself properly. Thank you." Eri growled loudly at the mail box message. 'Again? What important stuff are you doing, Niigaki Risa, that you can't pick up my call. Baka.'

When the two of them got off the train and was welcomed by the small but buzzing town. The mountainous view surrounding the four side of the town had capture Risa's heart. 'This is the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life. It's feels so relax to be here.'

They continued walking pass the shop houses and further away, until there were little urban structures surround them. It was just the mother nature and two of them. Soon after, Risa noticed a cottage surrounded by low wooden fences appearing as they strode closer. That was when Ai began to increase the size of her steps and began running forward. Risa continued her pace.

(Tadaima) Ai signed as she ran forward, hugging a middle aged lady who was standing at the door of the cottage.

Risa read Ai's sign and found it familiar. 'I have definitely read it somewhere yesterday.' Risa thought. She closed her eyes and willed herself to remember where had she read it from and what did it meant. 'It meant Tadaima. That's 'I'm home'. Risa opened her eyes at that realisation. ' Is this Ai's house? But she said that she's here to volunteer. Isn't it weird for someone to say that she's volunteering when she's just going back home and help?' Risa was confused.

"Okaierinasai, Ai-chan." The middle aged women welcomed. Her voice was gentle and loving, just like how Risa felt about her mother's voice.

Risa walked closer to the door of the cottage. That was when she had discovered the small sign that hung loosely on the fences. 'Children's Home' Risa read. 'This is an orphanage. She said I'm home. Does that meant that Ai-san is an orphan?' Risa was surprised. 'And yesterday she actually tried to comfort me when I spoke about my family problems. She does not have hers and she did not bitter into it and tried to encourage me about the situation. I should be ashamed of my own self.' She  reflected in her mind as she continued walking closer, in a very slow pace, still unable to get through the astonishment, until she got beside Ai.

"Konnichiwa." The lady greeted, bowing down.

"Konnichiwa." Risa returned, doing the same actions, as a form of respect to someone senior to her.

(Baa-san, this is my friend, Niigaki Risa.) That was what Ai managed to finish signing, before she was dragged away by a group of excited young children. (Chotto.) Ai signed to the children, but apparent to Risa, they were all so thrilled to see Ai that they would not bother her objections of being pulled away. (Gomen!) Ai finally signed towards Risa, praying inwardly that Risa would understand what she had signed.

Risa just stared at the disappearing sight of Ai, feeling lost for the first time, in this place that she had not been in her life. 'What should I do?'

"Risa-kun?" The lady called out.

"Hai!" Risa turned around immediately to face the lady, bowing a little.

"You do not have to be so formal with me. You can call me Baa-san, just like how Ai always call me. If not you can call me by my name, Abe."  Abe introduced herself.

"Hai, Abe-san" Risa felt comfortable with the second option given to her.

"Come along." Abe motioned Risa to move to her side. "I will show you around."

Risa nodded her head and paced towards Abe and together, they entered the cottage where Abe showed Ai the sleeping quarters, the dining room,  the toilets, and playroom area.

"Ai-chan said that you're her friend. I'm surprised." Abe started the conversation.

"Why is Abe-san surprised?" Risa was confused. 'Isn't it normal for someone to have a friend or some friends? She's weird.'  That was the impression Risa got from the statement Abe had made.

"Not in that way, Risa-san." Abe understood Risa's confusion. "I mean that I was surprised that she brought her friend here. You are the third friend of hers I have met before. " Abe held Risa's hand in a motherly way.

"Oh. . . I see . . ."

"So how long have you known Ai-chan? I haven't heard of your name from her before. Not until today." Abe asked gently as they continued walking around the premise.

"Well, we met a month ago, but I only actually got to know more of her yesterday." Risa answered truthfully.

Abe widen her eyes at the information thrown to her. "This is getting interesting."

"Hmmm?" Once again, Risa expressed her confusion.

"I guess my Ai-chan is growing up really fast out there. Do you what does it mean that she has brought you here, especially only knowing you for only a day?" Abe analysed the situation for Risa.

"What does that meant?" Risa asked, still not getting what Abe was trying to imply in her sentence.

"She really trust you a lot." Abe finished.

'She trust in me a lot?' Risa self questioned herself.

That conversation happened when the two of them arrived at the study room, where Ai was sitting beside a young girl, and speaking to her through sign language. "You saw the little girl Ai-chan is conversing with?" Abe asked. Risa directed her attention to where Abe had directed her to. "Her name is Miyuki. She has the same psychological disorder as Ai-chan."

"Psychological disorder?" Risa repeated.

"It's speech disorder, classified under psychological disorder. Ai-chan was the first case we had." Abe continued.

[Flashback]

"Abe-san" The policeman who picked little Ai off the street arrived at the doors if the orphanage. "We have found her off the streets alone, 4 am in the morning. Currently, we can’t find any identifications on her, nor match her with any reported lost kid. My supervisor ordered me to send her." He continued as he held Ai on his right hand. "Onegaishimasu." With that, he left Ai in the hands of Abe.

"Konnichiwa." Abe greeted. Little Ai looked away from Abe. "What's your name, little girl?" Ai walked away from her to the counter, picked a pen and paper and wrote 'Ai' on it. Abe followed closely behind her. "Ai-chan." Abe read out while Ai looked up to Abe with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong, Ai-chan? Why are you crying?" Little Ai closed her eyes and shook her head stubbornly.

[End of Flashback]

"That was the first time I saw Ai-chan" Abe recalled. "She never told me what's her last name. I assume that she don't remember what's her last name as well. Takahashi was the last name that I gave her." Abe continued as Risa continue listening attentively. "She never spoke in the first half a year when she came here. I thought she was just nervous. But as time passed, I thought she might be mute, that was when I've decided to bring her to see a doctor. The doctor ran tests on her, and it came out that her vocal cords are all well. They referred me to a psychologist instead. That was how I knew about this disorder. Selective Mutism." Abe finished.

'You mean Ai-san can talk? So that's the reason why Ai-san is visiting Eri?' Risa digested the information thrown to her.

"Thankfully, for Miyuki, she's starting to get better, now being about to speak selectively to people. When she first came, she spoke to no one, just like how Ai-chan was used to be. It's all Ai-chan's effort that made Miyuki to be able to speak .She's one of the very few that Miyuki would want to speak to." Abe continued. "And I wish there will be this day, someone who be able to fill in Ai-chan position in Miyuki's case, and Ai-chan can really put down the stone she carries in herself and speak for the first time." Abe tried to sound as hopeful as she could as she looked towards Risa, who looked overwhelmed by the truth behind Ai.

Ai felt their presence in the study room. She looked up and smile genuinely at the both of them before turning back to Miyuki.

"Abe-san, is - is there anything that I can help?" Risa asked, remembering her purpose here today. To volunteer.

"Yes, there is."  Abe smiled.

"What  is that?" Risa continued asking.

"To make them smile, to make them feel happy." Abe finished.

"That's gonna be an easy task for me." Risa stated with a playful smirk on her face. She turned towards the children in the study. "Hey come on kids! Those who have done with your work, I have a little present for you! Let's go play outside the backyard!!"

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 4]
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 02:31:05 AM »
The last gokkie has actually appeared before in the story . . . . .:X hahah
Wow, I must have forgotten. XD

So Risa gets closer to Ai while unknowingly gaining Eri's curiosity. I have a feeling she'll be grilled when she gets home. :lol:

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - pieces