JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Precious

Author Topic: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 25 (completed) + Credits - 18/05]  (Read 33224 times)

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 4]
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 03:11:39 AM »
Wow...Ai-chan already trust Gaki so much. I bet Gaki is already having a sort of crush on Ai-chan. :D

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »
I wonder what it is that has gotten Ai to trust Gaki so readily when it seems she is not usually the quickest to trust, could it be that Ai has feelings for gaki and showing her trust in Gaki is a way of showing it, though she may not know it herself.

As for Gaki it seems as though she is not sure of how she feels towards Ai, she is obviouly intrested in the girl and want's to help he but her feelings past that are still a little unclear.

I wonder if Eri will spot the reltaionship between Gaki and Ai and try to use that to cure her....

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 01:20:59 AM »

[Chapter 5] - The Walk Down the Memory Lane (2)

Ai walked into the backyard after her session with Miyuki and saw Risa, playing happily, enthusiastically with the  children.

"I've got you!" Risa declared as she slid her arms under one of the little boy's armpit and carried him up, turning into circles, allowing the legs to fly freely in the air. Sound of giggles could be heard from the children. Once Risa had place the boy back on the ground, the other children began to surround Risa, wanting to experience the same encounter the boy had.

"Alright alright. One by one, we will go flying! Flying! Flying!" Risa shouted excitedly as she picked up another girl.

Miyuki came out as well and stood by Ai's side, watching the jovial scene of them.

(You're not joining them?) Ai signed.

"I - I don't know." Miyuki replied.

(What's stopping you?) Ai asked.

Miyuki lifted her right arm and pointed to the direction of Risa. "She - I haven't - seen her before. Not comfortable." Miyuki replied in segments, still not very confident in her speech.

(Daijobu, Miyuki-chan. She's my friend. She's really kind. I promise. Go join them.) Ai urged, pushing Miyuki slightly forward to the back yard. Miyuki then trailed very slowly towards the crowd. Whereas for Ai, she moved towards the fences on the side of yard and leaned against them, and stayed at that position, watching Risa enjoying herself with the children. 'Why did I even brought her here in the first place . . . I've only known her for like a day? Why did I did so then?' Ai thought as she furrowed her eyebrow deeply, thinking back about her decision to bring Risa to her home for volunteering.

Risa noticed Miyuki trailing over. She went over to Miyuki and pulled her up in the air. “Do you wanna join the game? I can bring you fly up high in the sky! And trust me, I will never drop you, never in my life.” Risa assured.

Abe walked to Ai’s side, elated. “I haven’t seen these smile on these children for a long time. It’s been a long time ever since these children enjoyed themselves. She’s really amazing, isn’t she?” Abe asked rhetorically , looking at Ai.

Ai looked back questionably at Abe. She blinked her  eyes, not fully understanding what Abe was trying to meant in the last part of her sentence. 'Yes. . . We can never be able to smile so freely, after being thrown straight into the face the fact why are we even here. We can never lived normally . . . never . . . not for me . . . '

“I’m just making a senseless statement, don’t mind me, Ai-chan.” Abe finished as she stepped closer to the crowd. “Kids, it’s time for lunch! Get in and wash up and assemble at the dining hall in 10 minutes time.” Abe ordered.

“Hai!” The children responded before turning around to Risa. “Arigatou, Nee-chan!” And all of them lugged at Risa, causing Risa to move backwards by the force.

“Dou-ita-shima-shite”  Risa struggled to say with the children surrounding her, choking her breath.

With that, the children ran back to the cottage with Miyuki standing alone back looking at Risa.

“What’s wrong, Miyuki-chan? Is it okay for me to call you Miyuki-chan?” Risa kneeled down to the level, and asked in cutesy tone.

“A-riga-tou, Nee-chan” Miyuki made up after long periods of silence and ran away straight after she spoke.

‘She spoke to me?’ Risa was surprised. Risa looked around her and realised she stood alone in the yard. Then she noticed Ai at the fences. Risa jogged over to the fences. “Since when are you here?”

That was when Ai realised that Risa was covered with sweat all over her face. Fresh volume of sweat continues to drip down her sideburns. {Since Miyuki came over.} Ai replied.

“This is so warm!” Risa complained as she took off her trench coat and hung it over the fence while she climbed over the fence and sat at the edge of the fence. “AAHH! I can’t stop perspiring!” Risa whined. Ai laughed silently at Risa’s statements, causing Risa to look at her with her narrowed eyes playfully. “What are you laughing at?”

{I told you, it’s going to be warm in the afternoon. But I didn’t expect you to complain about it.} Ai typed and showed Risa.

“You – You –“ Risa was left speechless. She could not come out with words to counter Ai and that caused Ai to laugh even more. Risa looked straight at Ai and as time passed, she realised that she was staring at her. Too much for someone she had known for less than 24 hours. 'Your smile is so beautiful, Ai-san' Ai turned and look straight into Risa's, realising that Risa was staring blankly at her. Ai waved her hands before Risa, getting Risa back into the reality.

{You okay? You were spacing out.}

"Yah, I'm alright. I was just thinking about some things." Risa replied, glancing away from Ai. Ai tilted her head slightly when she waited for Risa to continued with her words. "I - I want to thank you. Thank you for bring me here."

{You don't have to thank me.} Ai shook her head and typed into her phone.

"I'm serious. Besides being thankful, I guessed I have to say sorry to you." Risa continued, glazing straight at the grass on the ground, watching them swivelled as the wind brushed pass them.

{Why were you sorry?}

"I was complaining to you about my family yesterday when you - " Risa started and stopped at the sensitive word that both Ai and herself knew what it was. "I felt so guilty for doing that. Really." Risa picked off where she had stopped and continued. She glanced sideway to Ai's direction and managed to catch a tear sliding off the corner of Ai's eye. Risa fought the urge within her. Her heart winced. She raised up her hand a little further, wanting to wipe off the tear. But she stopped. She stopped when Ai started to pick up her phone and type in it.

{You don't have to be sorry, Risa-san. You didn't know about it.} Ai replied, trying to wipe off her tears without Risa noticing.

"So, do you always come here and volunteer?" Risa asked, hoping that changing the topic would help to stop Ai's tears.

{When I'm free, yes. The kids here need help in their work. That's the best that I can do for them.} Ai replied.

A comfortable silence filled in the moments between them. 'I wish I can know more of her. I wish I can understand her more. Why am I feeling this way. Why do my heart hurts when I caught her tearing? Compassion? Empathy? What is this warm fuzzy feeling that is growing?' Risa thought in the silence period. She turned around and stole a few more glances of Ai, observed Ai's glaze towards the horizon far away.

"Ai-san?" Risa called out. Ai took a few seconds to react before she direct her glance at Risa. "I - About you - I heard from Abe-san about your story." Risa stuttered to voice out her point. "How did you ended up - here? Did - your parents -- " Risa struggled to asked these questions and she halted at the last one and ended self debating herself whether that question was appropriate or not. 'Isn't it too straight out front to ask that? Risa! What have you been thinking?'

{I don't remember. And it does not matters to me anymore.} Ai lied. "Let's go hun. She's not our daughter anymore." Ai shut her eyes as the voices from her dreams echoed in her mind. 'Go away. I don't want to remember any of these events. Go away.' Ai though as she tried to block any more familiar haunting voices and images from her nightmare every night to surface.

"Ai-san, Daijobu ka?" Risa asked as she scooted in closer to Ai while still seated in the rim of the fence. That action caused the trench coat Risa had hung on the fence to drop onto the ground

Ai's eyelids flipped open immediately when she heard the impact of the dropping of the coat. She sensed that Risa was right beside her. {I'm alright.}

"If - you're not - comfortable in talking about this topic, we can - don't. " Risa stated thoughtfully. Her voice was filled with gentleness, overflowing that Risa could not recognise that that was her voice.

Ai nodded her head. She then bent down to pick up the trench coat Risa had dropped previously. She felt the coat vibrating. {Risa-san, I think your phone is ringing} Ai typed and showed Risa as she passed the coat to Risa.

"Really?" Risa asked no one in particular as she began to search the pockets of the coat for her phone. She pulled out the phone from the right pocket and placed it beside her ear, pressing the answer key. "Hello, this is Niigaki Risa speaking."

Eri sat up in attention in her chair when Risa answered the call."BAKA!" Eri blasted into the receiver of the phone, causing Risa shut her eyes from the loud scream directly into her ear drum on the other end. Risa in an instance jerked the phone away from her ear. She shook her head lightly, hoping that the ringing sound that was echoing in her ear drum would go away by that action. Meanwhile, the Eri continued blabbering through the receiver. "YOU HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO ANSWER YOUR STUPID PHONE." The voice was blasting such that Ai could hear at her position, considering the wide distance between her and the phone.

"Man, Eri, calm down. Don't shout into the phone. I do not want to turn deaf at such a young age. I still have a competition to compete in." Risa answered, while pulling the phone nearer back to her ear, but still maintaining the safe distance.

"How am I suppose to calm down when someone had decided to play missing since early this morning?" Eri retorted, obviously still angry with Risa's delay in answering her phone. "Where have you been? Are you really that busy to answer my call? I was so worried about you! I was so shock to find your room empty this morning! I was so worried that you were been kidnapped home again. It's not like you will wake up earlier than me." Eri rabbit on, not giving a chance for Risa to interrupt her.

"Erm Eri?" Risa started out to get Eri to stop her babbling. "Hello?" Risa called out the second time, but still, Eri continued her words. "Meme-CHAN!" It's Risa's turn to scream into the speaker. That caused Ai to look up at Risa at her over-reacted reaction. It also made Eri to quieten down on the other end of the line. "Finally." Risa heaved out softly. "I'm sorry for not informing you that I'll be going out today. Sorry for getting you so worried for me. I'll treat you dinner tonight to make up for it, alright?" Risa continued.

"Where are you anyway, Risa? What took you so long to answer the call? I've made at least 15 calls to your phone and all I get from it was your stupid mailbox message. Are you really that busy? I thought you have nothing to do until your audition. So what are you doing and where are you now?" Eri asked as she leaned back again the backrest of her chair.

"I -  I'm out with a friend. My phone was in the vibration mode."  Risa explained.

"Friend?" Eri repeated with a raised eyebrow. "What friend? Do I know him or her?"

"Why do you want to know?" Risa countered, not willing to let Eri know who she had went out with.

"You are acting really weird, Risa, since last night . . ." Eri analysed. Eri wanted to enquire further, but was stopped by the beeping sound of the intercom. "You wait for a moment. Don't you dare hanging up my call." Eri threatened Risa before picking up the office phone. "Yes, Fujimoto-san?"

"Kamei-san, Yuni-san has arrived. Are you ready to have her in?" Miki asked.

"Yes please." Eri ordered as she placed the receiver back to its position. She then pulled her mobile to her ear. "I'm busy. You are not going to get away from this. See you at lesson tonight." With that, Eri hung the phone on Risa, leaving Risa shocked at the other end of the line. Risa shook her head innocently as she thought, 'Who was the one who said 'Do not hang up the call' ? '

{Eri-san?} Ai asked politely even though she had heard herself the loud voice of Eri previously.

"Yupps. Isn't that obvious?" Risa joked as she slid her phone back to the pocket she took it out from. "There's only one person in my life, except for my parents, who dares to scream at me this way." Risa informed as a small smile creped across her face.

{She cares a lot for you, I can see that.} Ai commented, with slight envy in her, for Risa had such a best friend who cared for her being truly deep in her heart, being able to crack out the funny and playful personality of Risa.

Risa read the sentence as Ai typed into her phone. She smiled softly. "I know and I'm grateful for her. Eri seemed like the only friend that I had in my life. Many had came in, many had left. She's the only one who stayed in."

Ai looked questionably at Risa. {What do you mean by many had came in, many had left?}

Risa looked sadly into Ai's eyes. "They all fell short of my parents' expectation of being my friend. So they were asked to leave my life forever." Risa explained melancholy. "Eri persevered on, and she underwent what I had been through to stay in my life, since I was 5, where my memory starts. I'm thankful for that. She could choose to let go but she held on." Risa finished.

"Ai-chan!" Abe shouted from inside the cottage out to the backyard, interrupted the ongoing conversation to get the attention of the both. "Can you come in and help? They are getting all over me right now." Abe asked.

(Hai!) Ai signed back before turning back to Risa. {Let's get going.}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eri set her attention on Risa who was seated beside in class, listening attentively to the teacher's teaching ahead. 'Something's definitely wrong with her. First she took my sign language book, then today, she's actually listening to lessons. And she was the one who complained the whole month about coming to sign language classes with me. What's up with her ?' Eri thought as she continued watching Risa.

Risa on the other hand had her attention on the teacher. But her mind was somewhere else. Her mind was set back when she left the orphanage earlier on for lessons, the last word that Ai told her.

{Risa-san, even though your parents may be harsh on you and the people around you, never lose faith. It's because they cared about you. It's because you're their daughter and they wanted the best for you. You are considered fortunate than any of us here, because there's always someone there for you, be it your parents, or even Eri-san.}

The words lingered around her mind, bringing back her childhood memories.

"Risa-chan! Over here!" Renni, Risa's mother called out to young Risa in the park.

Risa ran over to her mother, puffing slightly. She smiled gleefully at her mother, who started running through a towel against her forehead till the back of her head.

"Look at you, you are perspiring so much. Are you feeling hot or thirsty? Do you want to drink anything?" Renni asked lovingly.

"I want ice-cream! One for Meme-chan as well." Risa chirped.

"Alright, I'll go get them. Promise you won't run faraway, alright?"

"Hai! Kaa-san, arigatou!" Risa yelped before running back to the playground once more.

A teary Risa, hugging her pillow,  stood at the door of her parents' bedroom door. She opened the door slowly and peeped in. Renni saw Risa through the ajar door.

"Yes, Risa-chan?" Renni asked as she sat up on the bed.

"I - " Risa started while tightening her grip on the pillow, burying her chin into the pillow. "I - had a nightmare. "Risa spoke into the pillow, muffling the words. Though that, her parents could pretty much made up what Risa had just said.

"Come over, Risa." Retora ordered as he moved to the edge of the bed, leaving a space between him and Renni. "Sleep here."

Risa climbed onto the tall bed, settled her pillow in the center and laid down. Renni cuddled Risa in her embrace. "Sweet dreams now, honey." Renni coaxed while Risa closed her eyes, falling asleep in her mother's warm embrace.

The lesson had ended. Eri stood up from her position and prepared to leave. That was when she realised that  Risa was still in the same position as she was half an hour ago. Eri waved her hands in front of Risa, trying to get her attention. Still, Risa made no reaction.

Risa remained in her position, overwhelmed by the memory she remembered. 'I have long forgotten about all these times. And I knew was to be bitter about my life is now that I forgot how they loved me all these while.' Risa's heart felt fuzzy at the lost memory. A hard pat on her shoulder brought her back to reality. "Ouch!" Risa screamed out as her shoulder stings. She turned her attention to Eri who was standing beside her. "What's that for?" Risa demanded.

"Lessons had ended and you are still listening to the teacher I see." Eri stated sarcastically. "Just as I thought for once you are listening to lessons, you proved me wrong, Risa. How disappointing was that. You are just pretending to listen while stoning out." Eri shook her head cynically while Risa stood up from her seat and turned to the other entrance. "Hey! Wait for me!" Eri called out when she realised that Risa was no longer at her original position.

"Hurry up Meme-chan, I'm hungry!" Risa replied. Eri, in her heels, jogged beside Risa and walked beside her. "What do you wanna to eat? I said I will treat you for dinner tonight."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Risa." Eri called out as she knocked against her study room's door. "Can I come in?"

"Yes!" Risa shouted out. She sat on her bed, hugging her pillow as she rested her chin in it.

Eri entered the room and went over to Risa's bed and sat at the side, facing Risa face to face. "Risa, are you alright?"

Risa blinked innocently at Eri's question. "Why is that so? Why are you asking this? I alright, I'm pretty sure." Risa replied, giving Eri the assurance that she was fine.

'She's definitely hiding something.' Eri thought in her mind as she observed Risa who was rocking back and forth while hugging her pillow and eyes glancing at the mobile phone which laid slightly before her.  "Ah, can I borrow your phone for a while?" Eri asked suddenly as she reached out for the phone, not waiting for Risa to agree on. Before she could grab the phone, Risa won her in it.

"What are you going to do with my phone?" Risa asked cautiously, looking at Eri suspiciously. It was obvious to Risa Eri's intention to borrow her phone.

"I'm just curious what had gotten to you these two days. You are acting really weird."  Eri replied truthfully and bluntly, pouting a little in the process for the fact that she had lost Risa in speed.  "Be truthful, what had happened to you these two days?" Eri continued as she tried to reach for the phone in Risa's hand

"I - " Risa started and paused for a moment. 'Should I tell her?'  She turned and felt Eri's glaze on her. "I - It's just that I had some slight reflection of my life. How fortunate am I all these while as compared to many other in this city, yet I'm oblivious of it." Risa recalled without saying who made her had such revelation. The sudden seriousness in Risa's tone caused Eri to stop what she was doing and looked seriously at Risa as well.  "And the missing memories . . . Before I was 5. . . "

"Risa . . ." Eri started off, but Risa interrupted her.

"I guess that what's people always say 'you never know what you have until you saw what others do not have' . " Risa finished.

"That's true." Eri agreed while looking at Risa with an indescribable  expression. "That's life, isn't that?" Eri asked rhetorically while patting on Risa's head. "Whereas for the missing memories . . . I'm sure one day, you will have them back. Why ponder so much about that when the time for you to remember is not up?" Eri advised.

"Hmmm. hmmm." Risa nodded her head.

"So, who did you went out today?" Eri questioned, resulting in a shock face from Risa. "You thought you have successfully digressed my attention away from the topic, didn't you? Too bad for that, Risa. I've known you too well for that." Eri taunted. "If you don't say, I will just need to find the answers for myself." Eri continued, holding Risa's phone in her hand in a victorious way. She had managed to slip out the phone out of Risa's grip when Risa was immersed into her world of emotions.

"NO!" Risa screamed out as she pounded forward to Eri. Eri escaped by standing up from the bed and ran to the other corner of the room.

"Are you saying? If you are not, I'm going to  . . ." Eri started, pressing some buttons on Risa's phone, looking at Risa evilly.

"Ai-chan! How was school today? Did you talk to your friends today?" The same lady asked lovingly as little Ai entered the house.

Ai looked up to her mother and shook her head lightly.  She could sense the disappointment in her mother when she shook her head.

"It's alright dear." Ai's mother kneeled down and pulled Ai in an embrace. "Take your time. We are not in a rush." Her mother smiled gently at Ai, who made a small attempt to smile as well.

{Where's Papa. Ai has not seen Papa for days.} Ai wrote down on a piece of paper and showed her mother.

"Papa's working outside the city. He should be back soon." Her mother smiled lightly. "Come on girl, go wash up and prepare for dinner." Her mother urged with Ai just nodding her head.

"Where have you been all these while?" Ai could hear her mother shouting out loud in her light sleep. Ai stirred from her sleep and opened her eyes. She did not got off her bed, but remained awake listening to the commotion in her parents' room

"At work. The company needs me to be there." The male voice replied.

"You do not need to work till so late at night, didn’t you? Ai-chan's asking for you for days. What should I tell her?" Her mother argued.

"She's a mute! I can’t accept that."

"She's not honey! The doctors said that Ai-chan can speak! There's nothing wrong with her vocal cords. She's not a mute, do you understand?" Her mother retaliated.

"Still, she hadn't made a cry in her life. I'm can't dear, it's hard to accept her. I do not know how to communicate with her, how to deal with her."

Little Ai laid in her bed, with tears filling her eyes. 'I caused Papa Mama to fight. Is it because I'm not a good girl?' Ai sobbed silently. '

"Let's go Honey." The male urged Ai's mother, stopping her from looking back.

Don't go . . . Don't leave me alone.

Ai shot open her eyes, allowing her eyes to register the dark surroundings around her. She sat up slowly, wiping off the tears and sweat that were flowing down her cheeks. 'They left me . . .  They left me . . .' Tears continued to form, paving their way down Ai's dedicate cheek. 'No more. I'm alone. It's my fault. It's my doing. It's my retribution. I can't talk. They are gone.' Depressing thoughts began to fill her mind. 'Why am I on earth, breathing and living, when I have nothing to contribute?'

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 5 - 16/4]
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 04:52:03 AM »
I'm glad that Risa realized she was more fortunate than she had previously thought. She also seems to be realizing that she's becoming attached to Ai. Or maybe she's actually really far away from realizing it. XD Now she just has to dodge Eri and that's sounding easier said than done.

And Ai-chan :cry: Poor girl, she's such a little bundle of depression, though not without having been given cause.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 06:14:33 AM »
Haha, I was hoping maybe Ai-chan would wipe Gaki's sweat...? XD

I thought that Gaki's parents doesn't truly love her because she's not their real daughter and only want a her to take over for them later, but they probably do. Looks like Ai-chan's mother didn't want to leave her. It's all her father. :angry:

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 01:28:59 PM »
your updates are really quick  :cow:
I know it's way too early but I can't wait for Aichan and Gaki's reaction when they find out that Gaki's parents are actually Aichan's parents   :panic:
anyways, so far this fanfic looks awesome so keep it up  :twothumbs

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
i wonder why Ai trust Risa so fast... even Ai wasn't sure why  :huhuh
Uh oh.... Kame is angry  :O
I wonder what's her reaction when she find out Gaki has been texting her patient  :lol:

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 6 - 17/4]
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 05:23:13 AM »
Thanks for the comments . . . . The reason why I am to update so frequently is because I had actually written 9 chapters before posting . . . And it's mid semester break for me right now, giving me more time to write and stuffs . . . Hehehe.

[Chapter 6] - The First Step

{Ne, Ai-san, I’ve passed my second auditions! And I’ll be going into the training phase for the final showdown in two weeks time!! - Risa} Ai read  off the screen of  her mobile phone. She blinked lightly at the information in front of her, before typing in her reply.

{Congratulation to you, Risa-san. I’m glad that you’re a step nearer to your dreams. - Ai}

Almost instantly, Ai received her reply from Risa. It always felt like Risa was holding on her phone, replying her instantly most of the times. She opened the message. {Would you like to join us for celebration tomorrow night? It’s going to be just me and Eri around. - Risa} Ai glanced over to the calendar to check her schedule.

{Yeah, I guessed I’m okay with it. Is it really just gonna be just the three of us? Where are you all celebrating? - Ai} Ai asked, with fear that there would be a large crowd present on the celebrations.

{Yeah.  Just the three of us at Eri’s apartment. Eri had promised that she would cook for me if I ever passed the second audition. And I did. So she's cooking tonight. But just a gentle warning, be aware of it. I’m not sure how it would turn out to be . . .Why did I asked for it in the first place? AHH!  – Risa} Ai laughed lightly at the reply Risa gave. Risa had never failed to lighten up her day with her messages every day. No matter what kind of message Risa sent to Ai, Risa will always include humour in it, never failing to put Ai in a good mood, though Risa knew nothing about her ability.

{Is Eri-san okay with me going over? I mean . . . It's weird, isn’t it? - Ai} Ai replied. Throughout the past few days, Ai had gotten closer to Risa, with Risa messaging her every night. She did not understood why was she so comfortable with Risa, someone who she had met less than 2 months. Maybe it was because Risa was straightforward, truthful about her emotions and everything she shared with Ai.

{She will be fine with it, trust me. I am the boss . hahaha - Risa}

{Alright then. . . How do I get to Eri-san's apartment then? - Ai}  Ai asked.

{What time are you ending your work tomorrow? I can pick you up at your work place. - Risa}

Ai read Risa's offer. She thought for a while before typing. {6 pm. Is that okay? - Ai}

{So late? But it's okay. I will see you at your workplace then! Shall not disturb you night already. Sweet dreams! ^.^ - Risa} Ai read Risa's reply which brought a warm fuzzy feeling to her heart. 'What's that feeling?' Ai thought as she placed her phone back on the bedside table. Looking at the digital clock beside the phone. 'It's time to sleep to get enough rest, before I get awaken again at 316 am again.' Ai told herself. With that, she switch off the lights and pulled the blanket over her should, closing her eyes, and slowly, falling into a light sleep.

Risa was seated at the couch in the living room, with Eri by her right side. She smiled sweetly at her phone as she sent her last message to Ai. 'Yes! I am going to see her again tomorrow.'

"There you go again, smiling alone stupidly at your phone." Eri insulted as she fixed her eyes back to her book after peeking at Risa's action for the past 10 minutes.

Risa narrowed her eyes at Eri. "If you had the guts, say that again." Risa challenged as Eri turned away from Risa and pretended to be reading her book.

"I said, you are smiling stupidly at your phone again." Eri replied while she placed the book on the table, looking straight into Risa's eyes, as showing Risa that she had accepted her challenge.

"Fine, you win." Risa retorted. "You have the guts." Risa finished off as she shifted her attention back to her phone, reading back the messages she had sent to and received from Ai for the past few days, with smile sneaking up on her face every now and then.

"Risa, you know what?" Eri started off.

"Hmmm?" Risa responded, not even bothering to look up from her phone.

"I really regretted believing in you that that night. I should have just check the phone myself instead of waiting for you to tell me willingly." Eri finished off, pouting in the progress.

"You will know soon. Really." Risa reassured.

"You know what Risa." Eri continued, hoping that Risa would look up from her phone and look at her at that moment. However, Risa continued to had her attention on the phone instead of Eri. "Risa, look at me. I have something serious to tell you." Eri ordered, harshening her tone to let Risa know that she was really serious.

Risa finally looked up from the phone and at Eri when she noticed the change of tone. "Yes Eri? What do you want to tell me?" Risa asked.

"Don't let this to be another Sayumi case. Don't probed too deep into this relationship. I don't want you to be hurt anymore." Eri finished off, showering her true concerns for Risa before standing up. "I'm turning in now. You too, sleep early."

Risa stared blankly into the space as Eri began to move away from the living room. She never thought that Eri would ever brought out Sayumi. 'Sayumi . . . I wondered how is she now?' Risa thought sadly in her mind, as she remembered the old high school days back in Kyoto.

'Sayumin!' Risa called out as she ruffled Sayumi's hair playfully.

"Risa-chan!" Sayumi responded, swiping Risa's hand off her hair in the playful manner as well.

"What are you doing today? Do you wanna to go to the arcade to play?"Risa mustered all the courage to ask. Risa had been so attracted to Sayumi since the first day she had landed her eyes on her. Risa was not sure why was she attracted to this special girl. She felt so comfortable around her, as Sayumi had never failed to brighten up her day with the dazzling smile she always carried with her. Just being with Sayumi allowed Risa to temporary forget about the bitterness she felt about her familiy.

"Sure! School's definitely getting boring and tiring for me!" Sayumi chided childishly. "That sounds fun and inviting!"

"Let's go then!" Risa finished, grabbing Sayumi's hands into hers as they ran out of the school gates.

"RISA!" The both of them heard a familiar voice shouting out for Risa.

"Risa, Eri is shouting for you, shall we stop?" Sayumi asked as she turned back slightly, catching the glimpse of Eri standing at the school gate, arms tucked at her waists, showing her infuriation.

"Nah, don't bother about her. Let's go!" Risa answered as they continued to stride in big steps away from the school. 'I've decided to be truthful about my feelings for you today. I don't want Eri to be there.' Risa thought in her mind.

Eri had all along knew that Risa was interested in Sayumi, as Risa would confined Eri about her feelings and thoughts that were always in her mind at that point of time.

"I see. . . "

As they were approaching the entertainment centre, Risa stopped in her steps.

"What's wrong, Risa?" Sayumi asked innocently.

"You shall go to the arcade first? I will grab us some drinks. What do you want to drink?" Risa explained.

"Alright! I want . .. " Sayumi started off.

"Azuki ICE!" Risa and Sayumi finished in unison. Risa ended off with a cheerful laughter, while Sayumi pouted. "Since you knew the answer, why did you even bother to ask ?" Sayumi finished, slapping Risa hardly and her back playfully.

"It's a courtesy!" Risa whined comically, walking away from Sayumi. "See ya later!" Risa shouted out as she ran back the street they walk down from.

Entering into a flower shop, she grabbed three red roses from the counter. "Thank you!" Risa shouted to the florist as she ran out of the shop and down the
streets to get the drinks.

Once she was back to the entertainment centre, she was welcomed by a sight that had broken her heart. She saw Sayumi whispering into the ears of a guy, placing a small peck on his face. Risa clenched the flowers in her hands, causing the thorns to pierce through her skin and blood began to flow out.

"Risa!" Sayumi realised Risa was back. She ran towards Risa with her hands interlocked with the guy she had kissed just now. Risa hid her injured hands behind her back. "Risa! Let me introduce to you, this is Chiba Momotaro" Sayumi started off loudly before continuing softly and lightly at the end. "He's  . . . my boyfriend.

Sadness blinked in Risa's eyes. 'She had a boyfriend. . . I never knew.. . " Her heart throbbed painfully in her chest. "Nice to meet you, Chiba-san." Risa tried to act normally, hoping her voice will not crack by her will to cry. "I remembered I have something else to do." Risa stuffed the Azuki ICE into Sayumi's hand and with that, she turned and ran away, away from the arcade, away from the heart break.

Back to the reality, Risa found tears tickling down her face. She never knew that this memory would trigger her tear gland to work. 'Eri's right. . .' Risa thought sadly. She wiped the tears off her face with the back of her hands and stood up from the couch. 'Maybe I shouldn't let my heart to fall in love again. . .'

Risa stood at the foot of the building where Ai was working at. She looked at the time on her watch. '5.55 pm. 5 more minutes to go.' Risa thought excitedly as she looked up. She turned her head around, watching her surrounding as she waited the time to past. Then she saw a familiar soul crossing the street, towards the building. 'Ai-san? Why is she opposite the street? Didn't she said that she is ending work at 6 pm?' Risa self questioned as she moved nearer to the edge of the pavement, hoping to catch a clearer glimpse of the person she thought she had saw.

But it was apparent to her that she had lost sight of the person. Then a pat on her shoulder had startled her.

"Ah!" Risa let out a soft cry. As she turned around, she saw Ai standing behind her, smiling. "Ai-san!" Risa let of a sigh of relief. "You got me there." Risa continued with an awkward laughter.

{Gomen. Konbanwa} Ai took out her phone and typed in.

"Konbanwa." Risa returned. "Let's get going. Eri is expecting us to be back in half an hour time." Risa continued, guiding Ai to walk in the direction to Eri's apartment. "Anyway, why did you come from that direction?" Risa continued asking as she pointed in the direction she thought she saw Ai came from previously. "Didn't your work ends at 6 pm?"

{Gomen, Risa-san. I lied when I said I'm ending work at 6 pm. I actually ends work at 5. I told you I'm ending at 6 pm because I was thinking about getting something for you.} Ai typed in her phone and showed it to Risa. She then made Risa to hold onto her phone while she fumbled through her bag, taking out a nicely wrapped box. She passed the box to Risa and took back her phone. {This is for you. Congratulations for getting through your second audition.}

"For - me?" Risa stuttered. She did not expect a gift from Ai. "Thank you . . ." Risa continued awkwardly as she tried to fight off the blush that was forming across her cheek.

{You are welcome. Open it up and see if you like it? I'm not sure what you like. Not sure whether will it be your liking anyway.}

'I will like anything that is given by you, Ai-san.' Risa thought silently as she opened the box. A glass crystal guitar model reveal before her. "This is so beautiful . .." Risa commented as she took out the guitar model out, admiring it at all angles. "Thank you." Risa thanked Ai once more before realisation struck her. "Ai-san, you need not get that for me. This must be real expensive and . . " Before Risa could finish her nagging, Ai held onto Risa's hand to stop her.

{I'm glad that you like it, Risa-san. And no worries, I am actually working now. It doesn't really matters.} Ai smile off as to assure Risa. 'And it enthuses my heart to see that you like the gift.' Ai thought.

Risa allow a gentle smile to escape at the corner of her mouth. "Thank you." Risa mouthed.

Eri heard the opening of the front door as she was running around the kitchen, getting the dinner prepared. 'Remind me again, never bet with Risa about things. She always wins. What kind of mess did I got myself into this time round again.' Eri thought angrily as she ran her flour-tainted hand through her hair before she realised it. 'GOSH!' Eri exclaimed in her mind.

"RISA!" Eri grounded out as she stepped out of the kitchen, knowing that Risa was home from the closing of the front door. "You said you will be back at 630 pm, it's 7 already and you finally got you butt back home." Eri continued as she reached the living room, only to see two shocked faces staring at her.

"Ai-san, you’re here?" Eri asked stupidly.

(Risa-san invited me here, saying that you are cooking her celebration dinner for passing the second audition.) Ai signed to Eri.

Eri burrowed her eyebrows, lost in the fact that Ai had just told her. Before she could ask Ai what she meant in her sentence, Risa burst into a huge fit, no longer being able to hold her laughter. "What are you laughing at, baka?" Eri shouted at Risa, narrowing her eyes at her.

"Your - - Hair . . ."  Risa managed to speak in between her laughter.

Eri shot her eyes big in realisation. Her fringe was tied up in a childish way, with tinge of flour sticking on them. "I'll be back in a moment." Eri spoke softly to Ai as she took off the apron she was wearing. She then threw the apron straight into Risa's face. "Stop laughing! It's all your fault!" Eri grinded, stomping back to her room to wash up.

Ai looking amusingly at Risa, who was still laughing. {You okay?} Ai asked.

"Yah. . ." Risa answered as she tried to get herself to all calm down. "It's just that it's difficult and rare to catch Eri so off guard in her appearance." Risa explained before breaking into a huge laughter again.

"Stop it RISA!" Eri screamed out from her room when she heard Risa started laughing loudly again.

Risa covered her hands over her mouth to prevent herself from making any noise. Ai just stared at Risa with amusement.

"Let's get over and sit down over there." Risa suggested, holding onto Ai's bag as they walked side by side to the couch.

{You didn't tell Eri-san that I'm coming?} Ai asked.

"Not really. But I know that she won't mind, trust me." Risa assured. Just at that same moment, Eri got out from her room, hair groomed nicely and a changed garment.

"Sorry for the tardiness just now, Ai-san" Eri apologised as she stood before the two of them. "Why are you here again?" Eri asked again.

(Risa told me that you are cooking to celebrate her passing of second audition.) Ai signed once more, looking very innocently.

Eri eyed at Risa playfully while Risa looked away sheepishly. She saw the phone Ai was holding on, with lots of words and typing in it. "Ai-san, can I have your phone?"

(Why? I may need it to talk to Risa-san. Or do you have any papers for me to write on?) Ai signed as she passed her phone to Eri.

"You won't need to. She understood sign language now." Eri snorted as she placed Ai's phone back to her bag. "The reason why am I cooking today is because I have lost my bet in her failing the beginner sign language exam and not her second auditions. I won't be that stupid to bet with her auditions when I knew that she would pass definitely. But for the exams, that is definitely unexpected." Eri continued.

"Shut up, Eri!" Risa growled as she threw the apron back to Eri. "Dinner!"

"Whatever! Enjoy chatting!" Eri finished off as she step back to the kitchen once again.

Ai turned around to look at Risa. (So you actually can understand me now?)

"Hehe." Risa laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of her head with her hand. "Sort of?"

(Why didn't you tell me then?) Ai asked.

"It - was meant to be a surprise. Yes. Not that I thought it would end up this way, with Eri telling you the truth for today's dinner." Risa answered. Risa could sense the slight displeasure of Ai. "I'm sorry for lying that it was for my auditions. I really did got through the second auditions, but I thought the passing of my sign language exam would be a more celebrate-able event as compared to my auditions. Well at least, we can chat more freely now, not being bounded by papers or phone."  Risa continued.

(No, I wasn't upset by that. I'm just lost for words. Thank you, Risa-san) Ai signed, assuring Risa that she was not angry with her. 'If only you know how happy my heart was to know that you had passed the exams, such that we can communicate freely . . . when you first voiced out that you hate having these lessons. It almost felt like you took the language for me, though it was not. It was just a bet to win Eri-san, but I really appreciate that, Risa-san. Thank you, Risa-san. Are we really friends now? Just like Asami-chan, someone who won't mind hanging out with someone where silence is always persistent?

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 05:53:18 AM »
Risa liked Sayu, the same Sayumi that Ai worked with in the beginning? Small world. XD

Ah, but Ai doesn't know that Risa started paying attention to lessons because of her. She's just thinking of them as friends? How long have they known each other? And they message every day?

Speaking of messages, now Eri has Ai's phone? I wonder if she suspected all along.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 07:03:53 AM »
No, you cannot give up on love, Gaki. :smhid No one can resist Ai-buttchan anyway. :mon noprob:

About Sayu, I thought it was a small world too. They all know each other. :roll:

Gaki actually hid the real reason to why they're celebrating! :lol: And Ai-chan was really sweet getting Gaki a present. :wub:

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 06:11:52 PM »
omg you update so fast! It's so hard for me to catch up... but i like it like that  :thumbsup

So Risa's definitely attracted to Aichan but Ai is doubting herself more...  understandable, since it seems she wasn't able to have much of a social life with her mutism  :(

And the return of Sayu!  So the bunny used to work with Ai, but also was Gakisan's crush... that's interesting, i wonder how this is gonna turn out?
And how Eri really fits into all this... that's interesting too XD

keep writing! this is turning out really great! :D

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 01:34:13 AM »
Clarifications - Sorry if the timeline made any of you confused :X

At this current chapter, it's about two weeks after they had met each other at the cafe, which is roughly about one and a half month Ai had first met Eri and Risa.

@rndmnwierd: Eri took Ai's phone because she had the intention to blast Risa's secret of knowing sign language as Ai had been using the phone as a form of writing communication with Risa. She had then place the phone back to Ai's bag . .. :) i don't think Eri would check Ai's phone at her own discretion anyway, since in a formal terms, Ai is her patient :) heehee

Alright, and now for the next chapter . . . . This is currently the favorite chapter that I have written so far . . .Hope that you will like it :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 7] - The Eroded Soul

"I'm glad so, Ai-san." Risa responded with tinge of redness forming at her cheeks. "Will you wait here for me for a moment? I have something for you as well." Risa continued excitedly as she jumped up from her seat and dashed into the study room, slamming the door behind her.

Eri heard the slamming of the door, so she came out of the kitchen to check what had happened. She blinked her eyes confusingly when she found out that Ai was sitting alone in the living room. "Where's Risa? What happened?" Eri asked with the apron covering her shirt and spatula in her hand.

Ai shrugged her shoulders in response. (She said she got something for me and ran to that direction) Ai signed and pointed in the direction of the study room at the end.

"I see. . ." Eri trailed off as she walked into the living and sat beside Ai. "I never knew you were that close with Risa." Eri started off.

Ai blinked her eyes at Eri. (She didn't tell you?)

"Well she was really secretive for the past two weeks, where she had totally refused to tell me what happened." Eri answered. "But anyway, it's nice to see that you are friends with Risa. Don't mind her. She's really crazy at times and rude as well. Remember what she did to you the first time she met you? That's ridiculous! I never knew someone can do this kind of things just to hide from the other person." Eri snorted at the last part. "But she has a nice and beautiful soul." Eri continued with a wave of dreaminess flashing past her expression. "What's your impression of her?" Eri finished, waving off the past expression on her face and replaced it by her usual professional ones.

Ai smiled frivolously at the way Eri had described Risa. She too had noticed the changing emotions of Eri. 'Why is she reacting this way?' Ai thought as she stared at Eri with her serious expression.

"Don't be so tensed up. It's not consultation. Just relax, Ai-san." Eri ordered when she realised Ai was staring at her. "It's our private time."

(Yeah. So you should relax as well. You are tensed up as well.) Ai signed, making Eri to realise her 'professionalism' acts. Eri laughed as she relaxed.

Before Ai could answer Eri's question for her previously, Risa reappeared in the living room, with a posh purple box with blue ribbons in her hands. She sent a dangerous stare to Eri as she went over to the couch. "Aren't you supposed to be in the kitchen cooking?" Risa asked.

"Well, it requires some waiting time so here I am out here to join you. You mean I can't be out here? This is my apartment, for your information, Niigaki Risa!" Eri answered sarcastically, sticking out her tongue at Risa. "Are you afraid that I would say anything that was going to tarnish your image?" Eri taunted playfully.

Risa growled inaudibly as she narrowed her eyes at Eri. "Whatever!" Risa decided to let go, while she sat down on the other side of Ai. "For you. Congrats for your new job!" Risa congratulated in a soft and sweet voice as she placed the violet box into Ai's hands. Eri frowned at the sudden change in Risa's tone.

"You've found a job?" Eri asked surprisingly. 'Why is it that Risa knows you better than I do? Hmmm. Maybe I should reflect on my role as your counsellor.' Eri thought deeply.

(Thank you, Risa-san) Ai signed in situ with Eri's question for her. Ai then turned towards Eri. (Yes, I've gotten a job now. It's been a week.)

"Really? What are you working as now?" Eri continued asking, ignoring Risa's presence at that moment.

(I'm working as an admin assistant at a record label company.)

"And how's work so far?" Eri continued.

(Pretty good. The working staffs over there are really nice.) Ai replied with a smile.

"That's good! It's good to hear that you are adapting well into your new environment!" Eri praised as she patted Ai's shoulder encouragingly, smiling at the end.

(Thank you.)

Risa sat boringly at the other end of the couch as the conversation between Ai and Eri continued. Deciding that she will not going to stay silent anymore, Risa interrupted the conversation. "Hello? I am still here. It's now private personal time, which means to you Eri that it's not time to work and to you Ai-san that you do not need to listen to Eri's crap." And that had successfully earned the attention of both back to her. "Thank you." Risa commented comically as she smiled.

(Gomen.) Ai signed.

"Nah, you don't have to . .. " Risa reassured as she winked her eye to Ai. "Open up and see if you like it or not."

Ai nodded her head as she worked her hands through the ribbons, undoing them and opened the box with anticipation. And she stopped there, froze in her actions.

"Do you like it?" Risa asked again. Ai made no response. She just remained frozen, with her brows knitted.

"What's that?" Eri asked curiously as she peeked over Ai's shoulder. "Ah! That's beautiful. It's a nice watch!" Eri eulogised. "Good choice for that, Risa!"

In the box, it laid a iliac crystals aligned analogue watch. "I thought it fits you a lot. It felt like it would bring out your elegance if you wear it. And it fits your new job as well." Risa explained as she continued watching Ai. The stoned expression remained fixed on Ai's face. "You . . . don't like it?" Risa asked wearily.

'Tick tick tick tick tick. . . ' The tickling sound of the second hand of the beautiful watch echoed in Ai's ear.

'NO!' Ai dropped the box onto the floor and brought her hands to her ears, covering them. She shook her head violently as she closed her eyes. 'NO!'

'Tick tick tick tick . . . ' The sound of the antique clock echoed loudly in the empty room.

"Ai-san Daijoubu?" Eri asked with concern as she watched the sudden change in Ai's emotion. Ai continued shaking her head.

'No . . .' Little Ai thought as she watched her parents leaving the room.

The clock in the empty room continued, 'Tick tick tick tick . . .'

Risa stood frozen in her position, shocked at sudden agitation of Ai. Ai's body trembled in hysterical fits. Her hands remained at her ears. Her eyes shot open and stared directly at the watch in the box that was now on the floor once again. Her breathings was ragged and uneven. Her heart was beating at the abnormal speed.

'Tick tick tick tick . . . ' The huanting sound of the second hand continued ringing in her mind. Ai gulped down her saliva. She closed her eyes once again, allowing the tears to flow down as she shook her head more.

"Ai-san, Daijoubu?" Eri asked again. But Ai heard nothing of it. Her mind was only filled with the sound of the clock.

'Don't leave me . . .'

'Tick tick tick tick . . .' The stillness in the room. Nothing. Silence. Loneliness. Reality.

'Don't go . . .'

Ai squinted her eyes tightly. 'No . . . Go away . . .' Ai forced the thought into her mind. 'No . . . I don't want to remember . . . Go away . . . '

"Ai-san, daijoubu?" Eri asked the third time. But Ai would not budge. She was taking in deep heavy breaths, her whole body remained trembling the whole while. 'The watch!' Eri held onto Ai tight, preventing Ai from hurting her own self with the hysterical fits. She turned around and saw Risa remained at the same position, shocked and sad. "Risa!" Eri shouted out to Risa, pulling her out of her state of shock. "Cover the box, quick!" Eri ordered.

Risa scrambled over to the fallen box and covered it. She turned back and watched Eri cuddling Ai in an embrace. "Hush . . . Calm down " Eri coaxed. But it seemed like it had no effect on Ai. Ai remained struggling in Eri's embrace, wanting to break free from Eri's hold. Tears continued to flow down her flawless face. "Risa!" Eri called out helplessly. "Search her bag. See if there any medications in there." Eri ordered.

"Hai!" Risa stood up from her position on the floor and rushed towards the bag that was lying on the other couch. Risa rummaged the contents of Ai bag and found a sachet of white coloured pills. She ran back to Eri as showed her the pills. "Is it this one, Eri?" Risa asked anxiously, obviously worried about Ai's current state.

Eri ran her eyes across the drug description with her hands struggling to keep Ai in position. 'Tranquiliser.' Eri registered. "Yes. Give her two and water." Eri called."Wait no water. There's no way she can drink properly in her state now."

Risa nodded her head as she stuffed the two pills into Ai's mouth and messaged her throat gently, helping Ai to swallow the pills. Ai continued to struggled in Eri's arm until the medication's effect took place, where Ai finally stopped trembling and struggling, with the whole body relaxed, and her falling into sleep.

Eri heaved a sigh of tiredness. It felt like running rounds around a stadium battling with the stuggling Ai just to hold her in place. "Bring her to the room." Eri called out. Her arms were aching hurt right at that moment. Risa picked up Ai in the bridal style from Eri's arm and strode slowly back to her room. Once Ai was off Eri's arm, Eri immediately stretched out her hands to release the aching muscles. 'What was that? What triggered her to fall into such hysteric state? It wasn't written in the record that she had such mental instability.' Eri thought as she watched the retreating figure of Risa into the study room.

Risa was still in a state of astonishment. 'What happened to her? Was it my fault that she had fallen into this state of craziness?' Risa reflected as she looked Ai now peaceful face. "What happened to you?" Risa whispered out softly to Ai as she placed Ai down on her bed, covering the blanket over till her shoulders. Risa pulled off the rubber tie that was holding Ai's long hair in a pony tail, allowing the long hair to surge off the bed. Risa looked back one last time, with worries filling her eyes, before she left the room, closing the door after her.

Eri noticed that Risa was out of the room. It was obvious to Eri that Risa was extremely worried and upset for Ai as Risa just walked aimlessly without looking, knocking over the chair that was right in front of her. "Are you alright?" Eri concerned as Risa bent down to pick up the fallen chair.

Risa nodded her head in response. "I'm just shocked. It's . . . it's my first time watching her in such an agitation state." Risa confessed, walking towards Eri at the sofa and sat beside her. "What is wrong with her?"

"Risa. I don't know, truthfully, I don't know what had caused her to be in this state." Eri started out. Risa stared at Eri unbelievingly. "Even if I do know something, you know that I am not allowed to tell you anything, Risa. But this time round, I really do not know what had happened. I can only infer from the situation that it could be the watch that triggered the reaction. That's all. The rest, I am unsure as well." Eri finished.

Eri sat at the comfy chair in her room after dinner, with her report file lying before her. Dinner was ate in silence. Not as much fun and laughter as they had expected previously. Risa barely ate anything. Eri stared blankly into the file. She was now totally lost about what she had to write in the report. 'This is getting more and more complicated. Just as I thought I knowing her better, another mystery popped up.' Eri heaved a deep breath.

She placed the file back on the table and leaned her elbow on it, resting her chin on her hand. 'What could have possibly triggered the hysteric reactions? She was pressing against her ears just now, isn't she? So it must be some sound. But what?' Eri continued analysing the situation.

'Wait.' Eri stopped at her thoughts. 'Right now, instead of discovering the reason why isn't Ai speaking, I'm thrown with another possible psychological problem. Could the two things be related?'

Eri sat up in attention and grabbed the books she had picked up from her study room. She flipped the pages feverishly until the page she had wanted to read. 'Aphonia - unable to speak.' She looked down the pages. 'Psychogenic Aphonia - unable to speak due to underlying psychological disorder or problems.'

'It could be this. It could be traumatic mutism. It's either or. But what was the thing that's eating up her soul, eating up her will to talk?' Eri thought in distress. 'I want to help her, but how? And Risa, she falling in deeper. I never knew the one she was contacting all along was Ai-san. If I knew . . .Even if I do know, what will I do? What will you do, Eri?' Eri asked herself.

Risa kneeled at the side of her bed as she watched the peaceful sleeping face of Ai. 'You looked so different now. I'm glad that you are serene now. It hurts my heart to see that. . . What was in there that cause that, Ai-san? If you don't mind, my heart and soul are always open to hear them, to heal them, Ai-san. I think I really like you. Never in my life I had felt this way, the urge, the need to protect someone. But just now, all of my heart and soul wanted to hug you, to console you, to release you. But all that I was able to do at that point of time was to stand there and watch you.'

Risa laid her head on her hands, and slowly, she had fallen asleep beside Ai.

Ai held on tightly to her mother's hand as they approached the kindergarten. She felt the grip of her mother's hand on hers loosen. Ai started to get frantic. She continued holding tightly on her mother's hand, unwilling to let go of them. She looked up to her mother's eyes, and shook her head frenetically, showing her mother that she would not want to go to school. She would not want to let go of her hands.

Ai's mother got down to the level of little Ai. "Ai-chan, it's nothing. It's just going to school. Mama's gonna be back to pick you up again when school ends, okay?" Ai's mother explained.

But Ai still held her grip tight on her mother's hand.

In her sleep, Ai started grabbing the nearest thing to her, which was Risa's hand. But Risa was already in a deep slumber that she allowed Ai to grab her hand without being awaken herself.

"Ai-chan." A third voice came over towards them. "There you go again, holding on to your mama hand and not letting go. That is not right." The teacher , the third voice, reasoned caringly to Ai. Ai looked at the teacher as she shook her head. "Come on, be a good girl. Just 3 hours, and your mama will be back to pick you up." The teacher continued as she held onto the other hand of Ai, causing Ai to let of her mother's hand. "Let's go . . ." The teacher coaxed as she pulled Ai to the direction of the kindergarten building.

Ai moved along with the teacher. But from time to time, she would looked back with tears in her eyes. Her mother was still there, waving to her goodbye, until she enters the building. 'Mama . . . is it really true that you will always be there when I come out from school?' Little Ai thought in her mind.

'No . . . She's gone. . . She's forever gone, Ai. She no longer wants you as her child. They are gone. They do not want you as their child. A child that could not speak. That's not what they want.'

'Mama? Papa? where are you all going?' Little Ai rubbed her eyes gently as she glanced at the door, watching her father carrying another little girl in his arm. She blinked her eyes innocently as she glared at the little girl in her father's hold. And she realised, the eyes of the little girl watching her.

Who are you . . .

Ai made a silent scream as she jolted up from her sleep. The sudden jolt woke Risa, who was resting her head on the bed while kneeling on the floor, up. She was still holding onto Risa's hand.

"What happened?" Risa asked with deep concern obvious in her voice even though she was awakened from her sleep rudely. Her concern for Ai had overrode everything Risa thought was important for her. "You okay?"

'What was that?' Ai was shocked by the clear eyes she had saw in her dreams just now. The images of her dreams were never clear. The images of her parents were never clear. The images of every details were never clear. To her, she had no memories how her parents look like. They were just blurry images to her. And for the first time, she had seen an clear image. The eyes. 'The eyes. They felt familiar. Are my dreams getting clearer? Would there be a chance that one day in my dreams, I would be able to see the faces of my parents?'

"Daijoubu, Ai-san?" Risa asked again, breaking the thought that was running in Ai's mind. Ai nodded her head, giving Risa's the assurance that she was fine. That was Ai realised that she was not in her room. She was in an unfamiliar surroundings. Then she recalled what had happened just now. "What happened?" Risa asked Ai.

(This is normal. It's my biological alarm clock. I wake up in this way every morning at 316AM. It's nothing new. Don't worry so much, Risa-san. And I'm sorry for destroying your celebration.) Ai explained briefly.

"It's alright, Ai-san." Risa reassured. Ai sat at her position, stoning out. Risa gazed intensively, battling her mind whether should she ask the question her heart wants to ask. "Ai-san. What happened just now?" Risa finally mustered enough courage to ask.

Ai shook her head in response. (It's nothing.)

Risa blinked at Ai, obviously knowing that Ai was lying to her. "It's better to share it with someone than keeping everything inside you, Ai-san." Risa advised, hoping that Ai would open up her heart to her.

But no. Ai shook her head more. (It's really nothing. You've worried too much.) Ai pulled the cover away from her and stood up from the bed. Risa stood up as well. (I think I'll better get going. Sorry for disturbing you, Risa-san. Send my apologies to Eri-san as well.) Ai walked towards the study table where her bag as on. Risa trailed behind after Ai.

"You don't have to leave, Ai-san. You can stay here until dawn comes." Risa informed.

Ai shook her head. (I have already disturb the two of you too much. You still need your sleep. It's better for me to go home.) Ai signed as she carried her bag. Then she saw the same purple box lying on the table as well. She bit her lips nervously as she picked up the box.

"Ai-san. It's alright if you don't like it. You don't have to accept it." Risa informed, knowing that the item inside the box could be the source of Ai's insanity.

Ai turned around and smiled at Risa. (No, I like it. It's a gift from you. How could I not accept it.) Ai smiled again, hoping that her smile would give Risa the assurance and clear the doubts. However, the smile only persisted for a second. She walked out of the room with Risa by her side now.

Risa frowned at Ai's action. 'Why is she acting this way. It was obvious that she was afraid of the item inside. Yet she's acting she's not. What is she hiding? What is the hurt inside? What is this invisible scar that no one can see?' Risa thought silently in her mind.

"But Ai-san, how are you going to go home? It's 3 am in the morning right now. There's no any available public transport for you to take home or anything. Just stay here." Risa reasoned as the both of them stepped into the living room, hoping that her reasoning would stop Ai from leaving and take her idea of staying back at Eri's apartment.

(It's alright. I can walk home.) Ai explained as she walked towards the main door.

Risa was shocked at the answer Ai gave. 'Walk home? Alone at this time?' She shook her head lightly, shaking the thought off her mind. "I will walk you home then, Ai-san." Risa suggested. 'I won't let you walk home alone, Ai-san.'

(It's alright, Risa-san. I'm alright being alone. You need to sleep. You have vocal training lessons later in the day, don't you? You'll need your sleep. Thank you for your invitation over today. Even though I've pretty much ruin everything. Thank you for everything, Risa-san. Thank you for your care and concern as well. I really should make my move. Help me inform Eri-san as well.) Ai signed quickly. When she had finished signing, she opened the main door and left the apartment, leaving Risa and her unspoken words back alone in the living room.

'Ai-san, is it this loneliness that you got yourself accustomed to, make you push people out of your world?' Risa thought sadly as she watched the door closed after Ai.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it? Like I say, this is my favourite chapter so far . :) hope that you peeps like it as well ^.^
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:55:53 AM by caiyunki »

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 7 - 18/4]
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 05:25:06 AM »
Omg, poor Ai-chan! :cry: I hate her parents. :angry: I'm glad she doesn't seem to hate that little girl she saw back then... ;)

Gaki-san carrying sleeping Ai-chan bridal style was a very lovely image~ :wub: :wub:

Why can't she just tell them what's wrong?? That's why she's not getting better. :(

Yes, I LOVE it. :heart: Thanks for the chappie. :twothumbs

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 07:29:10 AM »
I feel like maybe Risa lost some ground with Ai, like maybe Ai is going to try harder to distance herself, because Risa saw something she wasn't supposed to see. I also feel like this incident will make Risa work that much harder to keep Ai close.

Eri took Ai's phone because she had the intention to blast Risa's secret of knowing sign language as Ai had been using the phone as a form of writing communication with Risa. She had then place the phone back to Ai's bag . .. :) i don't think Eri would check Ai's phone at her own discretion anyway, since in a formal terms, Ai is her patient
Wow, I really need to stop reading this so late at night. XD Maybe I'd be able to pay more attention in the morning.

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 12:14:29 PM »
Ahh missed out on a few chapters...

Man seems as though just when Ai and Gaki seem to be breaking through to each other they have this 'relapse' I'm sure Ai will want to keep her distance now, I wonder how Gaki will react to it.

Intresting that Gaki actually remebers the love her 'parents' had for her, this will surely make the effects for her worse now if she ever discovers that Ai was thier child originally and they abandoned Ai for her. Gaki also liked Sayu! Is that the same Sayu that we saw earlier in the story, who Ai used to work with?

Poor Eri, seems as though she's stuck in the middle of this mess at the moment but perhaps she may of figured out the reason behind Ai's mutisum, I wonder though, that if she digs deeper, it might eventually lead to Gaki......

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »
you're fast XD

ah... the sound of analogue clock reminds Ai of the event... poor girl got hysteric reaction...
guess it triggers her memory, making the dream clearer...
now Kame has more clue regarding Ai's situation, it might be a key to find out why Ai can't speak

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 12:31:40 AM »
[Chapter 8] - The Remains of the Broken Heart

"Stop!" A harsh and stern voice voice sounded through the practice studio. "What had happened to you, Niigaki-san? This is the third time today you had went out of tune while practicing this song. Adding up  the mistakes you had made the past few days, it’s the 10th time! What is wrong with you?" The producer, Hiroki, retorted out.

"I'm - I'm sorry" Risa muttered out softly under her breath as she glazed upon the ground.

"The competition finals is just in a week time, and Niigaki-san, you are not performing like what you were during the auditions!" Hiroki continued reprimanding Risa with Risa remained where she was all the while.

"I'm . . . sorry. I was just a little distracted. Can I start again?" Risa gulped as she asked for her fourth chance in the rendition of the song she would be performing in the final competition.

"Fine - But if you made the same mistake again, you are out of here today. And if that really happens, I will really reconsider your place in the finals." Hiroki demanded and threatened.

"Hai. Wakarimashita (I've understood.)" Risa responded as she bowed her head lightly, showing her respects and thanks for Hiroki for the final last chance.

Eri was seated in the living room, reading her book in silence. It was her off day today and she had decided to spend it all alone at home as Risa was off at her practice.

"Tadaima." The dejected voice of Risa sounded in the house and the main door clicked opened.

Eri raised her brows. She directed her attention to the door and saw Risa couching her back as she entered the house. It was obvious to Eri that Risa was upset. "Why are you back so early? I thought you said you won't be back until 8? It's only 6 pm?" Eri asked Risa as Risa trailed slowly towards the study room.

"Well. Practice ended early today. So I'm back early." Risa replied curtly. She was not in a good mood to talk much either and that explained her short and curt answers to Eri's question.

"Hmmm." Eri acknowledged the answer Risa gave, even though she was not satisfied with the way it was delivered. "Have you eaten? There's still some leftovers in the kitchen. Do you want me to heat them up for you?" Eri asked as Risa turned then knob of the study room door.

Risa stopped in her actions and thought for a while before answering. "I don't have any appetite. You can have them. I'm resting first. Ja. " Risa finished off, closing the door after her as she entered the room, leaving Eri alone in the living room, with the worries for Risa filling her mind.

'Something's definitely wrong with her today. Well not only today, but the past few days. She's always restless these few days.' Eri thought in her mind as she continued staring at the closed door. 'Maybe I should talk to her.'  Eri decided.

"Ahh." Risa let out a soft groan of tiredness and discontentment as she tossed her bag on the floor and slumped her body onto the bed, face burying into the soft comforter . "AHH!" Risa groaned again, this time louder, but still remain unheard by Eri in the living as it was muffled by the quilt.

'Why was it that I was unable to concentrate the past few days. AHHH!' Risa let out her frustration in her mind. 'I almost messed up the last chance today. I wonder if Hiroki-san is really going to strip me off the list for finals in a week time. Well, he asked me to take a rest tomorrow, saying that he have to discuss the issue with the management.' Risa sighed heavily as she remembered the conversation she had with Hiroki earlier on.

She reached out for her phone from her pocket of her jeans. Looking at it, another wave of disappointment washed over her. She gently tossed her phone onto the bed ahead of her and buried her face once more in the quilt.

"AHHHHH!!!" Risa scream out loud this time round, though muffled, but was still loud enough that Eri was able to hear it from the living. Tears began squeezing out from her closed eyes and seeping through the quilt.

"AHHH!" The sound of Risa's frustration sounded clearly in the living room, causing Eri to look up from her book. She frowned at the direction of her study room. 'Maybe, I really should talk to her. Now.' Eri finalised her decision. She closed her book and placed it on the coffee table, stood up and paced lightly to the study room. She knocked gently on the door. "Risa, are you okay?" Eri asked with concern.

"YES!" came the muffled reply from the room.

"Are you sure? Can I come in?" Eri asked again

"YES! I AMMM SURE! NO. I WANT TO BE ALONEEE" The replies from Risa was still muffled, which Eri considered as dangerous.

'That baka, she's gonna suffocates her own self if she continues to bury her face into the comforter.' Eri thought in her mind. "I'm coming in." Eri declared, totally against Risa's wish of being alone.

Risa heard the sound of the turned knob. She flunked back, back on a sitting position on her ankle, with her back facing the entrance of the room. Her tears had left blotches of wet spots on the comforter. "I said no." Risa repeated with sadness in her voice as Eri entered her 'room'.

"Do you really think that I will leave you alone in such a state, Risa?" Eri reasoned as she closed the door and sat beside Risa.

Sensing that Eri was right beside her, Risa hurriedly wiped off the remaining tears on her face, not wanting Eri to know that she had cried. "What state? Eri, I am fine." Risa insisted.

"Hmmm." Eri snorted at Risa's insult to her. For Risa to say that she was fine was an insult to Eri. "Come on, Risa, I've known you all my years. Do you really think that I will believe in what you have just said?" Eri continued, slightly hurt that Risa was hiding her emotions from her.

Risa remained quiet and speechless. Eri was right on spot. They have known each other for ages to know what was on each other mind even without saying. Risa allowed her tears to fall once again, sobbing lightly time to time.

'It reminded me of the days when Risa and Sayumi . . . That was the last time she allowed herself to cry so freely. She's always smiling, always happy. Her crying? That's rare, really rare. ' Eri thought as she watched Risa's sobbing.

"Stupid Risa!" Eri cursed as she stomped lightly back to her house. "She ditched me for Sayumi. What a friend is she." Eri continued hissing under her breath.

As she was approaching her home, she noticed a familiar figure leaning against a nearby wall. The body language had showed all. The figure was upset. Eri ran towards the figure and stood in front of her. Sobbing could be heard.

"Risa. . . What happened?" Eri asked.

Risa did not answer her. Her head remained bow down. More sobbing was heard.

"Risa, what happened? Tell me please. It worried me to see you like that." Eri begged as she held onto Risa's shoulders, tugging them gently, hoping Risa would looked up in response to her tugging.

And Risa did.

Risa looked up from the ground and stared at Eri with her teary eyes.

"What happened Risa?" Eri asked once again.

"You're right, Eri . . . I am stupid . . . I am a baka. . . I should have known. . . " Risa said through her sobs.

"Shhh…" Eri hushed as she pulled Risa closer to her own shoulder.

And the same image of the crying Risa appeared ahead of Eri once again. This time with more maturity filling her face. More determination to stop her tears. "So, what happened?" Eri asked.

"It's really nothing. . . It's - it's just that I'd got some scolding from the producer and teacher of the competition." Risa sniffed, and explained briefly. "And there may be a possibility that I will be out of the competition.

"And why was it that you had received scolding, Risa?" Eri asked again, hoping Risa would fill in more details rather than just telling her the superficial.

"I went off key a couple of times, missed a few beats and stuffs." Risa explained as she dried up her tears. Talking to Eri had helped her to calm down like always.

"And why was it so?" Eri continued. She knew that Risa was experience enough to not to make these mistakes that Risa herself had condemned as 'dense' mistakes.

"I was distracted. . . and my heart was confused and sad." Risa mumbled softy at the last part.

"Why were you distracted?" Eri asked softly.

"I don't know . . ." Risa answered after thinking for a long time. "I just can't concentrate these days."

"There must be a reason why you were unable to concentrate. And I know that you knew the reason. What's taking away your attention, Risa?" Eri decided to probe in deeper.

"I - I -" Risa was stuck with her words. She closed her mouth and bit her lower lips. She thought for a longer while, before opening her mouth again to speak. "Have you heard anything from Ai-san these days?" Risa finally asked.

'So I was right. That was. No. That is your source of distraction.' Eri thought silently as she watched the slight glimmer in Risa's eyes. That was hope. A hope that Eri would know where Ai was. Eri blinked her eyes and looked away from Risa. She knew that her answer for Risa's question was going to sweep away the slight hope in Risa for that moment. "No. . . I haven't seen or heard anything from Ai-san since that day. She had missed her previous consultation as well. We tried contacting her on her phone, but there was no reply at all. " Eri answered softly.

Risa hung her head down at that answer. 'She avoiding.'

"Haven't you been contacting with her?" Eri questioned.

Risa shook her head. "I sent her a couple of messages. But there wasn't any reply for them." Risa answered with sadness.

"So that was why you were distracted, Risa?" Eri questioned.

Risa nodded her head lightly.

Eri ruffled Risa's hair in an affectionate way. "If you want remove this distraction. Go look for her. Go look for the answers your heart wants to know." Eri advised, causing Risa to look straight into Eri eyes. "You like her, don't you? " Eri finished off, regaining her stand on her feet. "Follow what your heart wants, Risa . . . It's your dream to become a singer, aren't it? And are you going to let it go when you are just one final step towards it?" With that, Eri left the room.

Risa leaned against the same wall that she had leaned 5 days ago. She checked the time on her watch. '430 pm. Ai-san said that she ends work at 5, didn't she?' Risa thought as she stuffed her hand into the pocket of the same trench coat. And there she stood, observing surges of people exiting the building, watching the everlasting human traffic on the walkway.

Soon, nightfall arrived. Cold breeze of wind brushing against her face. The cold night of winter was starting to kick in. And Risa, was not dressed up properly for winter. There she, still standing at the same position, shivering as wind breezed by. She removed her hand from the pocket and checked her time again on her left hand. '7 pm . . . Why isn't she out yet? Did I missed her? Or did she missed work today? Or have she left her job here? Is she really trying that hard to avoid me, avoid us?' Uncertainties began filling Risa's mind.

She placed her hand back into the pocket, hoping that the pocket would be able to warm her cold fingers. She glanced over to the building and noticed a figure standing at the entrance. The light was dim. Risa could not make up the face. But her heart had told her the answer who was that. It was her. The person she had been waiting all these while in the cold, just hoping to catch a glimpse of her, hoping that she would able to talk to her once more.

Risa went forward from her position and stopped in front of the figure. Astonishment could was observed.

(What - What are you doing here, Risa-san) Ai signed after her moments of shock.

"I - I - am waiting - for you" The cold had gotten into Risa. She couldn't help but to chattered in cold as she answered Ai.

(Waiting for me? Why?)

"I - missed you. I want to see you." Risa replied as she looked onto the ground, teeth continued chattering. Her heart winced a little as her brain had decided to go truthful the heart's feeling. She used her tongue to moist her dry lip, that was cracking from the cold. 

Ai blinked her eyes surprisingly. She had not expect Risa to say that. (I - )

"Why are you avoiding me?" Risa asked abruptly, startling Ai once more.

(I am not . . .) Ai signed back, looking away from the demanding eyes of Risa. She would not be able to look into Risa's eyes without her heart gapping, without her heart skipping a beat.

"You're lying. Then -" Risa shivered lightly before being able to continue with her words. "Then why aren't you replying my messages." Risa shivered again. "Why did you missed your consultation with Eri." Risa finished, with her body trembling in cold, against her mind's wish of not showing signs of being cold.

(I - ) Ai could not find a good explanation. She was indeed trying to avoid them. Because they had seen too much. They had saw the side that she was trying hard to hide from people. She knew they would probed deeper for answers. She would not want to let people to know them. Her deepest hurt. Her deepest betrayal. By the closest people, the dearest people she knew from young. She could not let them know.

"Why?" Risa demanded once again, grabbing Ai's wrist tightly to prevent her from running away if she had the intention to, like the last time at Eri's apartment. "Why?" Risa chattered the second time. Her body was giving in to the cold, causing her unable to articulate clearly.

Ai could feel Risa's cold fingers on her wrist, beneath the thick jacket she was wearing. It felt like placing a piece of frozen ice on her wrist. (Your hands are freezing) Ai signed.

"I don't care. All I want is your answers, your explanation. Nothing else matters right now." Risa insisted, staying firm on the ground, unwilling to let go of Ai.

(We'll find a warm place to talk. Please, Risa-san. I won't want you to die by freezing in the cold.) Ai explained, as she tried to pry off Risa's grip. She then removed her gloves and place them in Risa's hand. (Wear it.)

As Risa put on the gloves, she felt the Ai's warm fingers encircled her cold ones. Risa looked up into Ai's eyes. Ai's eyes was fixed on Risa's hands. Risa, for the first time, notice the gentleness in Ai's beautiful orbs. Fluffiness overtook the cold feeling , warming her fingers all the way to her heart.

'Oh gosh . . . I'm really falling . . . The remains of my broken heart. . . They are now gathered together back once more  . .'

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 8 - 19/4]
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 01:36:12 AM »
Poor Risa, so worried about and missing Ai. I just know that if she were to work everything out, she would wow the judges!

So now she's just got to work everything out. So off to see Ai...

In the freezing cold?! Granted that she wasn't expecting to wait so long, but still, should at least dress for the weather. Then again, if she hadn't we wouldn't have gotten such a sweet scene.

'Oh gosh . . . I'm really falling . . . The remains of my broken heart. . . They are now gathered together back once more  . .'
Oh please~ don't let it be crushed again.

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Defeated by Aichan..Forever Lovely Aichan..<3
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
you update fast..and i love it.. :lol: everyday i have something new to look forward and that's your fic..love it..

Gakisan definitely falling deeper and deeper..now just wanna see how Aichan open to Gakisan..it's will be a tough job for Gakisan..and when Aichan dont seem to wanna let others know her personal problem..AiGaki  :heart:

Sayu most likely will still appear..till then, gakisan might be more torn apart since she seem to be still bother and real sad about the past failed relationship.

Eri should just join in and make it more  :banghead:  :lol: :lol:
Especially if end up Eri also fall for Aichan..Sayu appear.. :twothumbs XD

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
Wow... things are really heating up now! 

So Ai still feels pretty insecure about trusting "people" in general... what a sad thing it is...  :cry:
But Risa's trying to get to the bottom of it!  As she falls more and more in love with Aichan...  :wub:

Hopefully, Aichan will realize she can really trust Risa enough to tell her everything in the future :D

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Precious