JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yura Yura Teikoku - Konchuu Rock

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 191140 times)

Offline japanfiles

We're timing this out with a few other parties, but it looks like we'll have a tour announcement on the USA MySpace at appx. 1:00 PM Pacific time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:43:04 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Hangry&Angry tour announcement... today!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »
HUZZAH!!! Looking forward to it JF + Welcome :wave:

Pleease H&A come to Canada, like Vancouver cuz its closer to me :lol:

Vegas? Staples Center? Madison Square Garden? That works too.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »
Awesome! I can't wait for the announcement! :w00t:

Offline japanfiles

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 09:57:39 PM »
>
>
>
>
>
Hey Vancouver fans.... are you happy?

(The announcement is up....!)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:09:09 PM by japanfiles »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the HEADS UP!! nice!! I quote the myspace...so thatonezombie gonna host the JPH!P WORLD TOUR SEATTLE?!?!  :pimp:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sakura-Con to host Hangry & Angry premiere US performance!

Seattle, WA- 12-16-2008  ANCEA is pleased to announce the final headlining performers for Sakura-Con 2009. "Hangry & Angry" will make their US premiere at Sakura-Con 2009, April 10-12 at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center.

Hangry & Angry is a collaboration with a Harajuku fashion store which goes by the same name and is the brand of popular Japanese designer h.NAOTO . Illustrator GASHICON draws the gurokawa (grotesque-cute)-style characters "Hangry" and "Angry". What is Hangry & Angry?  Hangry & Angry represent a potent synthesis of fashion, illustration, fantasy and music.

The characters "Hangry" and "Angry" are said to come from the H44 Star Nebula in order to save the world from global warming. They arrived in the present in their time machine dubbed "LOVE MACHINE."

Name: HANGRY (who might be Hitomi Yoshizawa)
Sex: Female cat
Height: 164 cm (not including hair)
Birthplace: H44 Star Nebula
* A very punk girl. Even though she looks wild and untamed, she is actually delicate and hates things that are out of order.

Name: ANGRY (who might be Rika Ishikawa)
Sex: Female cat
Height: 156 cm (not including hair)
Birthplace: H44 Star Nebula
* A girl who loves goth and appears to be very cute, but in reality, she has a secret devilish side. She believes that people will feel the true power of her music.

Hangry & Angry's first CD "Kill Me Kiss Me" is available in the US exclusively from JapanFiles.com.   To celebrate this announcement the first 20 people who register for Sakura-Con 2009, between the dates of 12-16-08 and 12-23-08 will receive a complementary Hangry & Angry CD, courtesy of JapanFiles.com!

Learn more about Hangry & Angry here:
www.myspace.com/hangryandangry (Japan)
www.myspace.com/hangryandangryusa (USA)

Pre-Register for Sakura-Con 2009 now and save substantially versus at the door prices. For more information please visit our website at http://www.sakuracon.org.

ANCEA (Asia Northwest Cultural Education Association) is proud to sponsor the twelfth annual Sakura-Con April 10th -12th 24th - 26th, 2009 at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center in Downtown Seattle Washington.  Sakura-Con is an annual three day gathering of enthusiasts and professionals interested in Japanese Animation (anime), comics (manga), and Asian culture. The convention features a wide array of activities and programming such as: industry guests, J-pop concerts, demonstrations, cosplay (costuming), contests, discussion panels and film screenings. These events run 24 hours a day from start to finish.

ANCEA is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about Asian popular and traditional culture. They organize several events every year in order to promote this goal. Sakura-Con is the largest of these events.

Hey, JF how do we book H&A for conventions?? I have a friend who is interested....

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:28:02 PM »
Man all the way in Seattle. Damn I hate living in FL lol. I might make the trip. An awesome convention with them performing followed by a meet and greet that would be sweeeet.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:22 AM »
yep..i'm screwed... :(

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 02:41:05 AM »
Aw man.. No Sydney?  :P
This sucks with living below the equator.

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 03:03:06 AM »
*sigh*

i can't leave the Philippines until November of 2009... and my planned destination is nowhere near the US or Europe

TT_TT

WHY!?!?!

Offline mr.niigaki

• is a female.
  • Member+
  • remember the noisy girls
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 03:28:00 AM »
Ah crap... At least I now know where I must make my plans to. I was rather hoping this would be a different type of venue. I'd never have imagined H!P related anything coming to an anime convention. I must go~~~

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 04:19:20 AM »
lol there's gonna be more dates right...?

I could prolly drive up to seattle

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 05:48:15 AM »
If I ain't busy around that time, then sure ill swing by
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline japanfiles

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 07:51:12 AM »
Ah crap... At least I now know where I must make my plans to. I was rather hoping this would be a different type of venue. I'd never have imagined H!P related anything coming to an anime convention. I must go~~~

Sakura-Con has a great reputation for live events. The sound & lighting are great, and they use these huge video screens.
The concert audience is usually over 3,500. This year we think it will hit the 4,000-person capacity.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:18:38 AM by japanfiles »

Offline Kally

• Snowflower
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Snowflower
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 08:14:17 AM »
Ahhh! I live really close to Seattle and generally go to the convention every year. I hope I can make it this time! I wasn't going to go, but this is really exciting!

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 08:56:39 AM »
Ah! I had a hunch that if they were going to do tour overseas, at least for America, it would be through conventions! And this fits perfectly as they aren't under H!P anymore when they perform at the con.

Hmm, this means that there's a good chance they might come to L.A. There's a convention here that also promotes Asian pop culture, but they have a section that specializes in gothic lolita/punk/visual kei things, so this would fit nicely with H&A's style. An added bonus is that h.naoto was suppose to have come this past convention, but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts. Now that I think about it, I wonder if he couldn't come because he was busy hammering out a deal with UFA. :o But anyways, since H&A promotes h.naoto stuff, this makes the likelihood of them coming even greater! But of course, this all depends on timing and other various things, like if H&A will still be around Nov. 2009 and if the convention will happen for 2009 (last I heard there was some bickering between the top heads of the convention... ah convention politics ;)). The last problem is that the convention might not be big enough...
Anyways, I should go talk to my friend about who's in charge of the guest department.

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »
My mum just booked us a flight to LA for April!  :shocked:
I wanna make it to this one... ><!!
Holy cow...

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline stark

• Stark!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 02:35:19 AM »
I'm insanely happy to see them come to Sakura-Con. 
I hope everyone will enjoy the rest of our con as well.

I'm really happy that our team and Japanfiles and all the rest put this together.

stark
chairman of sakura-con
-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »
GJ stark! And :welcome to JPH!P - we really appreciate you hooking this all up. To see the Goddess Rika has been my lifelong goal.

So advance tickets be 45 until Pre-Registration? I'm not sure what that means. Are there group discounts?

AIGHT WHO ELSE IS COMING! I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING. It's all a matter of booking time off now... :pimp:

Kally? ten? zay? zomb? Prolly if we buy group tickets, we get a discount so... zomb, I need ya on this bro. The best JPH!P World Tours needs a guide.

That's freaking cool Fen. I hope it ain't true what ~Dan~ told me that japanfiles wrote somewhere else that this is the only American stop :o cuz we'd get a lot more HiPsters out there.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 03:28:22 PM »
I don't have the money to get there at the moment, but I might by April, so there's a 50% chance of me going. :D

Offline mr.niigaki

• is a female.
  • Member+
  • remember the noisy girls
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »
I brought up the idea to my parents of a birthday/xmas present being me getting to see H&A when they come to the US. I'm totally prepared to make a trip up there. Want. to. go. Also haven't been to a con for a few years now too so it'd be fun to see another one.

Not that Washington is exactly close to Illinois but I really want to go see them. It's been my dream to see something H!P live and to have them and I always regret it wasn't possible for me to go to Yossi's grad concert. I want to go to Sakura-Con for them because I worry that they might not go somewhere else, or else somewhere difficult to go to.

I know I'll hate myself if I miss this. And at cons you have a better chance of being closer to them than anywhere else, well at least as far as my crappy con-band experiences have been. Just the fact of them going to be here in the states fills me with all sorts of feelings.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yura Yura Teikoku - Konchuu Rock