JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Close, Down, Back To

Author Topic: X-Men: First Class (2011)  (Read 6385 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
X-Men: First Class (2011)
« on: August 21, 2010, 09:21:15 AM »
X-Men: First Class (2011)

X-Men: First Class was originally announced as being intended to be about the young Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and others who attended Xavier's school with them.

so far just casting news:

Kevin Bacon has been cast as the film's main villain

Michael Fassbender as Magneto, James McAvoy as Professor Xavier, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Rose Byrne (reportedly still in negotiations for the part) as Moria MacTaggart and Oliver Platt as The Man in Black.

Zoe Kravitz, daughter of rocker Lenny Kravitz, as Angel Salvadore (not to be confused with the majestically winged, original X-Man named Angel), a relatively new character who debuted in 2001. In the comic books, this newer Angel, whose housefly-like physiology allows her to fly, doesn't particularly get along with her fellow X-Men, especially Emma Frost.

January Jones will be stepping into the role of Emma Frost. In the comic series, Frost was a onetime foe of the X-Men who eventually joined the team of uncanny mutants. The telepathic Frost, always dressed in white, can read minds, alter memories, and turn her skin into diamonds, granting her incredible strength.

source: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-mad-mens-january-jones-joins-the-cast-of-x-men-first-class.html

more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_First_Class_(film)

official site: http://www.x-menfirstclassmovie.com
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:37:56 AM by daigong »

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: X-Men: First Class (2011)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:40:54 AM »
I'm excited about this movie...I've loved the previous X-men movies....especially Wolverine's character.

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
It's James McAvoy, so I HAVE to see it! :wub:

Still, I have very fond memories of the other X-Men movies, especially the first one (first PG-13 movie I saw), so the fact that it's X-Men meets my favorite actor...  :heart:

Offline yokolover120

• ecchi
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:45:04 AM »
Sweet this movie is gonna be awesome. I loved the other X-men movies.

Offline lina_sama

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:20:37 AM »
Cool I really like X-men is one of my favorite movies, I look forward to this movie  XD

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
Teaser poster

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 04:48:42 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 06:02:51 AM »
Could anyone told me who's who in the trailer?

I'm also confused about the timeline. I remember seeing Magneto with numbers tattoo like from a Nazi camp? But there's JFK in the trailer, so it's around the 70s? Is he old enough to be in those camps?

And I thought we'd get a Magneto movie like with Wolverine...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 06:55:22 AM »
CRAZY TRAILER! so this is before prof X was bald? XD

yaw it's like the 60s tama :P The taller guy is Magneto when they walk in the jail with James McAvoy (Prof X) i think from the part after Kennedy there's Emma Frost, Angel Salvadore (played by Lenny's lil girl Zoë!) Hank before he became Beast. who? who? think that's Moira that scientist chick

The guy who backflips i think is Nightcrawler’s father, Azazel - so I guess he turns into the red smoke?

Kevin Bacon is supposed to be in this too! but I didn't see him in the trailer lol

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »
Yeah, I heard he plays the Big Bad in this.

So that's Nightcrawler's dad, huh? I thought it was Nightcrawler himself and he didn't age or something.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »
So Betty from Mad Men is playing Emma Frost?! Nice! :drool: Who's Big Bad? Is that a character or just the bad guy in general? XD

Could anyone told me who's who in the trailer?

I'm also confused about the timeline. I remember seeing Magneto with numbers tattoo like from a Nazi camp? But there's JFK in the trailer, so it's around the 70s? Is he old enough to be in those camps?

And I thought we'd get a Magneto movie like with Wolverine...

If Magneto was a child (10 or so) in the concentration camp and this movie is 62' (considering the Cuban missile crisis stuff) then he would be in his 30s or so, which makes sense. I guess they scrapped the Magneto movie and incorporated that stuff into this one?

Nightcrawler does age, I think, although his mom Mystique doesn't. Maybe he will be conceived in this movie? :0 tbh I don't like how they did Nightcrawler in the movies. He should have been part of the team and had fur instead of the ugly markings. :/ They did a good job showcasing his powers though.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 08:53:29 AM »
Back in my Buffy fan days, we always called the biggest baddie of the season a Big Bad. XD

Thanks for the explanation! I always thought JFK was 70s :P.

I was really looking forward to a Magneto movie since the 3rd one ended, but I'll take whatever.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »
^ you geek :lol:

peep this interview, explains more storyline  :D

January Jones talks Unknown, Emma Frost, Grace Kelly, and Betty Draper

January Jones is best known for playing 1960s housewife Betty Draper on AMC's 'Mad Men,' but as we discussed just last month on the occasion of her 33rd birthday, this could very well be the year she breaks out at the movie theater, as well.

At the very least, she has some interesting projects on the docket in 2011. This weekend brings the Hitchcockian thriller 'Unknown,' in which she plays the frigid wife of a frantic Liam Neeson. And in June, she'll join a strong cast to appear in skimpy white attire as the telepath Emma Frost in 'X-Men: First Class.'

The actress sat down with Moviefone at the posh Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills to discuss those constant comparisons to Grace Kelly, the revealing costumes she'll wear as Frost and why she doesn't ever want Betty Draper to be happy.

Let's talk about 'X-Men: First Class.' How revealing is your Emma Frost costume?
I'm naked. [Laughs.] In the comics, the costume is pretty much just painted on and she has a pretty unrealistic body. So it was a challenge for me. I literally went from 'Mad Men,' packed the next day and flew to [the set in] London -- so there wasn't any time for me to do a lot of toning up or getting fit. I just had to wing it.

But we had a lot of fun with the costumes in that we wanted to make them very revealing and sexy, and they're always white and pearl-ized. We got that Emma Frost look, but with a '60s twist -- and a lot of sparkles, because she turns into a diamond. We did all the research from the comic books and took bits and pieces of her costumes from different time periods and meshed it all together. We did a lot of leather.

So, you were involved in coming up with the costume?
Definitely. I have to feel good in it. I'm the one who's got to wear it 18 hours a day. It was a lot of boots, a lot of hair, a lot of boobs. You can't please everyone, but the goal is to not disappoint everyone.

Is she a villain? In the comic books she becomes an ally of the X-Men.
The only research I did was the early stuff; I know where she goes later on in the comics is more towards the school and teaching with Professor X. What was really neat about the comics is just how far back they go in the history for each character. Each character's backstory is so cool -- I guess that's why everyone loves those comics. She's from a very wealthy family. She has issues with her father, and from that, issues with men. She's very pro-mutants and anti-human in that she thinks the humans are against them, which a lot of the time they are. That doesn't make her a villain so much as that she's just not pro-CIA or the American government.

I think what people fail to remember is [how powerful she is]. There's this thing you can look at online that lists each mutant and their powers, and ranks them pretty much by how bad-ass they are -- and I'm like number one. Everyone just remembers the boobs and the outfit and the hair, but she is not only telepathic, she turns into a diamond and it takes a lot of people to take her down. So people just need to remember that!

Do you have a lot of amazing fight scenes?
Weirdly, James McAvoy is Professor X, so we have a lot of telepathic scenes, which is very interesting to shoot, staring at each other, trying to out-think one another. And then I have some physical fighting going on as a diamond.

You're in league with Sebastian Shaw, right?
Yeah, there's the whole Hellfire Club stuff that's brought into it, which is really cool. And it brought the 1960s vibe into it and the whole Cuban Missile Crisis, making it feel like it really could have happened, which is really neat and the script is really smart about that. Matthew Vaughn's done a really good job with it.

Between 'X-Men' and 'Mad Men,' you've spent a lot of time in the '60s.
I know -- that was one of the things I was worried about when I first heard that it took place in 1962. I was like, "No way! You gotta be kidding me!" But it's so, so different. Not only just visually, but the characters obviously. I didn't ever feel like I was in the '60s, except every once in a while when someone would say, "Groovy." Which I'm not even sure is historically correct for 1962!

Yeah, that might be more late-'60s.
We took some liberties.

LOOKS DOPE!

ETA:

more pix

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:36:33 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 08:16:58 AM »
New posters!! :D

taking cocktease to a WHOLE 'nother level!

eta

more x-men pix:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:50:33 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »
coming next week!! WHOA

individual trailers! SPOILERS

and bunch of stills

lol Farmers Insurance commercial:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Close, Down, Back To