JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Kiss & Cry

Author Topic: (Group) The AKB48 Thread  (Read 706384 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: (Group) The AKB48 Thread
« Reply #2200 on: February 06, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »
More news!

Full 10nen Sakura PV is out!

Small covers:

Normal versions (w/ DVD):

Theatre version

Too bad the Theatre Version doesn't come with a dvd this time  :doh:

edit: btw, you can say whatever you want about Jurina, but she pwnd Acchan and Itano when it comes to dancing in this pv. Acchan is exhibiting some Mikitty style lazy dancing  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 11:39:32 AM by BarrieV »

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2201 on: February 06, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
first impression:

+ Yuko totally owns this PV! Lol, I'm biased. She's more beautiful than ever (maybe coz she's  pregnant there XXXXD) - Mai waifu  :grin: :lol:
+ Nice colors :O
+ Story frame is quite emotionally involving  :cry:
+ The SKE girl looks ""good" OO

- Song is awkward, not really the stuff classics are made of. It got good parts, but also bad ones  :angry:
- PV is not as multilayered as some of their best PVs.
- The performance costumes look STUPID, and also familiar to the Kohaku ones!  :thumbdown:
- Inconsistent in mood and tonality. From melancholic to super happy to sad. Kinda disturbing. Would have luved a totally dead sad & melancholic minidrama much more.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 02:35:49 PM by Twisted Blue »

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2202 on: February 06, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »
well well sorry, is because i use google reader to see the news, and i look only one time per day, and sometimes they forget to put the recent topics of the day haehaehae

anyway maimai really get my attention again aheahea

itano pb *----* ow gosh i want \o/, bad is only in april :\

Jurina is a research girl right ?? appears in 2 pvs and for more time in the full pv, probably soon she go to one of the groups

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2203 on: February 06, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
naah, not research, she's one or two steps up ... SKE front girl now XD

Offline ohno

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2204 on: February 06, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »
The PV has too many close up face shots. Don't wanna go down the H!P road. :thumbdown:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2205 on: February 06, 2009, 06:02:15 PM »

- Song is awkward, not really the stuff classics are made of. It got good parts, but also bad ones  :angry:
- The performance costumes look STUPID, and also familiar to the Kohaku ones!  :thumbdown:
- Inconsistent in mood and tonality. From melancholic to super happy to sad. Kinda disturbing. Would have luved a totally dead sad & melancholic minidrama much more.

1. Agreed.
2. Agreed.
3. I think that's the strength of this song. The mixing of moods. That's pretty original. Kinda fits with the mixed feeling of graduation. I.e. moving on to a new future and saying goodbye to old friends.

Bigger covers:

Is this correct:
Top row: ?, Haruna, Atsuko, Minami, Shinoda
Bottom row: Erepyon?, Maimai, Jurina, Oshima, Itano

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2206 on: February 06, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »
and the Robot girl top left XD

I prefer my songs with consistency in mood  :P

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2207 on: February 07, 2009, 06:45:49 AM »

Is this correct:
Top row: ?, Haruna, Atsuko, Minami, Shinoda
Bottom row: Erepyon?, Maimai, Jurina, Oshima, Itano

Here's the answer:

Top row: Mayuyu, Kojiharu, Acchan, Takamina, Mariko
Bottom row: Erepyon, Maimai, Jurina, Yuko, Tomochin

By the way, I think Acchan has that Mikitty's lazy dance because that's how she is... she's not perfect in dancing like Takamina

The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2208 on: February 09, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »
^Ah I missed Mayuyu.. figures, I never really pay much attention to her..

I had my first AKB48 related dream last night  :lol: (the 3rd idol related dream ever haha). Surprisingly, it was about Sayaka (who isn't one of my top favs, but has caught my attention lately) and we played tennis (which I've never done in my life). Very short and strange dream  :wth

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2209 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »
^ so Tennis?! XD

News:
Kawasaki Nozomi will graduate on 02/27.
http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-10205669865.html

It was just a matter of time, she was outside of AKB much more busy than as an member of AKB. I see some more Gravure stuff coming!  :cow:

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2210 on: February 09, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »
^ so Tennis?! XD

News:
Kawasaki Nozomi will graduate on 02/27.
http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-10205669865.html

It was just a matter of time, she was outside of AKB much more busy than as an member of AKB. I see some more Gravure stuff coming!  :cow:

True, this is predictable like you said. Hopefully she will not just focusing on Gravure career... maybe some CM? or AV? XD joking joking.
Good luck Kawasaki in the future
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2211 on: February 11, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »
Nozomi Kawasaki leaving AKB48 to launch clothing brand

Mon, February 9, 2009 (10:48am EST)

Team A member Nozomi Kawasaki has announced that she is leaving AKB48 on February 27. It was revealed on the group's official blog that Kawasaki is launching her own apparel brand as early as next month.

In an entry on her own blog, Kawasaki said that the brand's name is "Anti minss," with a concept of "Rock spiritual sexy." The post included images of some sample items and the current logo. She also mentioned that she is aiming to make the clothing unisex. A launch event is scheduled for March 1.

Kawasaki will reportedly continue her idol career as well, remaining under the management of Sky Corporation.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4407

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2212 on: February 11, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
Video of the announcement:

These graduation announcements are always heart breaking to watch. It's definitely a smart move by Nozomi, I think she can accomplish more outside of AKB48.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2213 on: February 11, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
Also A5 and K4 sucked like hell!! XD

I need to just pause and thank you for saying that. I've read a lot of beating around the bush, but really, these stages just flat out SUCKED*. I sort of grew into A5 a tiny bit, but even on my best day I still think it's very subpar. K4 is just shit. I can't get into it at all. If it weren't for B3 during that time, I don't know if I'd have stayed a fan of AKB48's stages.

Quote from: BarrieV
It's definitely a smart move by Nozomi, I think she can accomplish more outside of AKB48.

I think that's true for several of them. Everyone's going to graduate eventually. Most will fall off the map, and a lucky few will be successful with their post-AKB work. I'm pretty sure Oshima Mai will be out this year. She's all but said she isn't into the theater thing anymore, which I can understand. She can EASILY make it on TV with the occasional idol DVD, so why stay with a group that she hasn't had much to do with lately anyway? Though honestly, I'd be sad to see her go. She genuinely has singing talent.

As for the new single, I like it. It's an... okay tune. I'm not a big fan of how monotonous the vocals are. I really do miss the late 2006 and 2007 era though. As sucky as it is to say, I think AKB's best days are behind them at this point*, but they are still entertaining.

* In my opinion.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2214 on: February 14, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »
Found bigger covers of the new single, click to make bigger:

Regular:

Theatre:

At first I didn't like the regular cover at all, but seeing the bigger version it looks ok.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2215 on: February 15, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »
A little simple, but I love MaiMai's expression in the Theatre cover.

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2216 on: February 15, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
Here's a mirror for those who have trouble with streaming / those who save EVERYTHING.  :P
http://www.mediafire.com/?gvn2dn9bljw

As for the covers, I don't like how Mocchi  :oops: looks there.  :( And she isn't even on the theater version.  :angry: Can't complain about Mai though *biased*  :wub:

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2217 on: February 15, 2009, 01:31:45 PM »
The regular cover would be good if it weren't for the fact that the girls look HORRIBLE. Seriously, I can hardly tell who half of them are cause they have so much damn makeup on.  :doh:

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2218 on: February 15, 2009, 06:19:21 PM »
^

8)  :P XD

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2219 on: February 15, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »
eh~ is that the same Kashiwagi who has the funny reactions and massive puppy eyes?! I would not have recognized her..

Kojima looks kinda strange as well, but it kinda makes sense because these pics are taken 10 years from now  :lol:  :P

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Kiss & Cry