JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - lionheart

Author Topic: The Hooded Woman Part 2-5 6/5  (Read 11374 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
The Hooded Woman Part 2-5 6/5
« on: December 27, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »
Chapter 1

Aika woke up on the ground with the rain hitting her, she turned over to her side as she saw a girl squatting by the dumpster as she offered a hand to pick her up.  The woman looked at her tattered clothes and threw a coat over her.  Aika could only see her mouth as she whispered thank you to her and saw her ran off.

“I wonder who she could be.”  Aika said to herself.

Around the next corner, the hooded woman was approached by two men, they were husky and looking at the frail-sized woman, they pushed her aside as walked away laughing and in an instant, she clicked her fingers.  Everything froze around her and quickly dug into their pockets for money and clicked her fingers back when she ran away.

“Wow, twenty thousand yen, I better get to my hideout before they notice their money is gone.”  She ran into the apartment building and opened her door to see the treasures she collected from her past heists.  As she placed the money into the safe, a card hit the floor and it was an I.D. Card.  She looked at it and noticed it was the girl she saved earlier in the day.

“Mitsui Aika...  Sounds nice and unique...”  She said to herself as she slipped it into another drawer with the rest of the cards.  Remembering that she was once a normal girl becoming a woman but the curse of her own greed gave her whatever she wanted, however, the one thing she couldn't obtain was... love. 

Aika walked it all the way back to her place as the coat gave her warmth and shelter needed from the rain.  She opened the door to see the child of the landlord playing on the floor in front of their doorway, she was Aika's best buddy as all of the tenants were elderly.  Her name was Tomoko and since her parents left, she was her lone friend.  Aika walked up the stairs from the rain and looking to her left, she saw Tomochan running towards her.

“Aika-chan, Okaeri!”  She said as Aika wrapped her arms around her.

“Tadaima!”  Aika said with a smile.

“Ah, Aika welcome back home, you seem you got caught in the storm.”  Tomochan's mother gave a smirk as she observed the tag on the jacket.  She pushed Tomochan into the room and followed Aika upstairs as she got into her apartment.  The woman knocked on her door as Aika was getting undressed and jammed her way in to find the jacket on her bed.  She looked at the tag and noticed it seemed expensive but to her amazement the tag was shown to be a fake.

“Landlady, what's the matter?”  Aika asked as she tried to cover herself with the sheets.

“Nothing, I just had one of those things where something got triggered.  Sorry to bother you.”  She stepped out and scratched her head as she went back downstairs.

Aika stepped into the bath and began to dream of her hooded hero and something about her gave her a chill down her spine.  She wasn't sure if it was her past or just how she felt at the time looking up at the sky and feeling a stranger's hand lifting her up from the ground.  She ran her fingers over her legs and found the cuts from the scuffle.  Aika began to thought how she got on the ground in the first place, but the blur of the event only gave her comfort of her being at home, safe, sound, and the mystery behind the hooded woman.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:44:23 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 1 12/26
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »
omg Aika's the main character!!!  :w00t:
That's right~ her 18th birthday is coming soon...  :twisted:

and i wonder who the hooded figure could be... reina?  :D

please write more~  XD

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 1 12/26
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 08:06:47 AM »
@Sarang: it wasn't really the intent to make her a main character to er make it next year but to actually to do something again out of the box and for Reina... read the chapter?

Chapter 2

The woman removed her hood to reveal her brown hair in pigtails and she sat in her chair as she kept snapping her fingers to slow down the fly by her face.  She noticed the wings and its eyes before snapping it back into real time.

“Hmm... all this stuff and no one to share it with....”  She said to herself.

After a few moments with her thoughts, she heard a knock on the door, and immediately threw off her hoodie.  In the rush, she tripped over the cord and fell to the ground face first.  As she pushed herself off the ground, the neighbor's daughter was right in front of her.

“You never fail to impress me.”  She said as she offered a hand to pick her up.

“Miyabi, right?”  She asked as she dusted herself off and Miya went by the door.

“Yes!  You remember my name... Although I never got yours, what is...”  The woman slammed the door and locked herself in.

“I gotta get myself ready for anybody coming my way especially people who want my treasures.”  She said to herself as she walked over to her closet to reveal the pathway to her secret hideout.

Behind the closet doors was a tunnel leading to where all her best loot was, the jewelry, watches, and stacks of yen filled the room but it was without fault as her best friend left her with all these goods.  Her family watched as she slowly grew onto her leading to the family's wealth being given to her.  As she watched her wither, the family pointed the finger at each other as she kept visiting her friend until she finally passed on.

“Reina..... Thank you for making them understand ….”  She fell flat on her bed as she gave her last hug before the blanket was put over her friend's lifeless body.  The memory gave her the pride of being Robin Hood but she couldn't give because no one would have understood why she would steal and then give away.  Maybe it was an opportunity to show but it just wasn't the time to let her heart open to another girl especially if it costs her powers.

---

Aika woke up the next morning as she was pondering about the hooded woman appearance, she had a healthy voice and from her bare hands, she seemed young but the image under the hood made her concerned even more.  She rolled out of bed and stepped into her closet filled with clothes, lucky for her the school was on vacation so she could go out but with a more observant eye, she put on her clothes and walked out passing by Tomochan.

“Ohayou~”  The little girl said as Aika pinched her cheeks.

“Ohayou~  What are you doing today?”  Aika asked.

“Going to the park!”  She yelled out as her mother grabbed her by the hand and walked out as Aika slowly took the path out into the busy streets.  The midday traffic of young kids and teenagers made her a little less concerned for gang members but somehow if it was her appearance or her cousins being members of a rival gang always led to a group being near her.

“Mitsui-san, Ohayou!”  The gang member greeted her as she walked by him and the rest of the group blocking her way.

“I said, Ohayou, what are you suppose to say?”  She was held by the collar as Aika seemed to be not shaken until another gang came from behind and bashed his head in leading to another melee in the streets as Aika scattered away from the action.  With her luck, she found a small park and an old lady feeding the birds.  She sat a bench away and greeted her with a cold response, she took a deep breath and let out a sigh as her days never what she wanted it to be.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 2 12/27
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
Man another intresting story premis here Kuro!

looking forward to the next chapter, I hope Aika will be O.K.!  :huhuh

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
Oh~ I see how this is going....  :D

just a little confused though... so is the friend Reina or the hooded person reina? :nervous

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »
@ Sarang At this point Reina and Aika don't know each other so they are on two different storylines until one point where they do meet up although revealing the fact that Reina is the hooded woman is part of the mystery behind her and taking a guess of who left her the money will reveal something Reina lost which leads to her curse

@ oddy Aika is sort of blessed, in a way where she seems protected by someone but Aika will see that not everyone will be nice to her although Tomochan is the exception

I actually wanted to make this a little bit more fairy tale-ish but it will be more of how much greed a person can get before losing what matters and the fight of daily life is equal to the fight against enemies
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 3 12/31
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »
Chapter 3

Aika sat there as she observed everything around her with the clouds slowly passing by on the overcast day.  The woman feeding the birds was rarely kind and sometimes acted harsh toward everyone as her children left her flat to take on opportunities outside of the town.  Aika learned a lot about the neighbors through the talks and just took certain assumptions.  As for Tomochan, she climbed the jungle gym as she tried to reach for the top.

“Aika, look at me!”  She yelled from the bottom as she tried climbing bit by bit before sitting on the poles as she enjoyed the scenery of the park.

Unfortunately, the gangs ran their territories every chance they got and harassed the people to give them money for their dealings.  Aika was too young when she heard about her cousins' murders and she avoided them as much as possible but it didn't work as long as the gang was being overbearing and let their intimidating tactics toward everyone.  However, Aika knew what was theirs and just being herself made them not bother her as much.

“Aika-san, you look sad?”  Tomochan sat by Aika as she removed the hair from her face.

“I am not sad... more relieved.” Tomo tilted her head as Aika struggled to present the words to her.

“I am happy but just enjoying it.”  Tomo smiled as she stood on the bench to call for her mother.

Aika turned around to see another girl walk into the group of people and she was getting the catcalls until they all froze in their stance.  Their reactions were changed as soon as she was feet away they turned right back toward another girl.  Aika followed her to the next corner as she took the turn onto the street and disappeared.

“Aika, where is my mommy?”  Tomo asked as she sat back down on the bench as she scanned the area to find no one around.  She kept Tomo company until her mother was in view but after an hour of periodic scanning, she never seemed to appear.  Aika kept her close as Tomo pointed out where she last saw her and peeked her head in to find no trace of her.

“Aika, where did she go?”  Aika scratched her head as she saw a hooded person walking toward the group.  It looked like the same one who saved her yesterday and just stood in amazement of her abilities as none ever stopped her.  Aika followed with her eyes as she turned and Tomo looked up to find a bird on top of Aika's head.

“You are the best, Aika!”  Tomo exclaimed as the bird bounced onto her finger and flew away.

“Thanks.... I think we better get home before dark.”  Aika said with the child by her side.

----

Reina had to keep her identity a secret and revealing it could cost her life and especially her jewels for the looting.  However, there was a big concern that someone was after her and she was right as her friend past away, the jealous best friend felt that she was robbed of the money and without Reina's knowledge, she took the other vial of the experiment and duplicate it.  As she got ready with her hoodie, she took a deep breath and locked the door behind her.

“Reina-san!”  Miya shouted.

“What is it?”  Reina responded as she removed the hood from her face.

“I think there is something on your shoe.”  Miya pointed toward the back as the paper was stuck on it and Reina quickly removed it before putting her hood back on.

Reina went down the elevator down to the street as she looked toward the park seeing the woman and kid playing games with each other as she walked by the gang but it seemed weird as they lack the response she usually would get and clicking her fingers, she saw their faces with a blank expression as she developed a puzzled look on her face.

“They seem rather calm today...”  Reina continued walking to the corner as she heard a voice in the alley.

“You seem rather covered up for a good day.”  The voice coming from the alley didn't bother her but the voice seemed familiar and she tried to recall it but it was gone as soon as she continued her walk.  Looking toward her right she saw the gang holding up another person and clicked her fingers.  She quickly dragged him out of the gang's way and stole his wallet as she ran off with another wad of money for her.

“This seems rather a lot and if the gang can't stop me, no one can.”  The voice was heard again.

“She never deserved to die, you made her.”  Reina took a deep breath and entered into a convenient store where the cashier usually greeted her and it was always a happy moment when she smiled as Reina turned into a puddle of herself.

“You look so cute, why don't you remove your hood so I can see your face...”  Reina shook her head and quickly walked back out to her apartment building but something felt wrong on her left side as she felt a dull pain to her side.

“I can't.”  Reina talking to herself as she avoided  another confrontation from the gangs.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:07:46 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 3 12/31
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »
Hmm, another mysterious chapter, I wonder what happened to tomo's mother? plus it seems as though everything is not allright for Reina, is she hurt?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 4 1/1
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »
@oddy the chapter will say what happened

Chapter 4

Reina got herself to the steps of her apartment seeing the kids coming out towards her, she moved to the side to avoid them, and felt the thorns of the rose plants into her back.  She fought the pain of the thorns poking her back until she entered into the elevator.  She pocketed the money and remove the hoodie from her body as she saw the thorns into her hoodie.

“Rose thorns are so evil for a beautiful flower.”  Reina smiled as she exited the elevator and walked down the hallway.

“Reina-san, you seem to be in a good mood....” Miya joked as Reina's face turned red.

“Well at least your girlfriend doesn't know about your secrets...”  Reina lashed back with a devious smile.

“At least, I have a girlfriend who I can be with.”  Miya stuck out her tongue.

“Right... the girl who has to cheat for people to notice her.”  Reina poked Miya's chest as she opened the door to her apartment.

“Shut up!”  Miya's angry yell gave Reina more reasons to smile.

As Miya started to rant to wall, Reina threw her hoodie into the wastebasket and opened her closet into her secret lair.  The first thing she always saw was a picture of three people, the two friends that were close until the day her friend died and the other becoming jealous of her wealth.  Although Reina was cursed with a power that was hard to control.  When she died, it was difficult to eat, drink, or even bathe as it became tough to not let the power rule her life.  However, she realized the click of her fingers always did the trick and she found that if she could help people without being known it would be beneficial but it never did and it left her to steal.

“Kamei-san, I'm sorry...”  Reina prayed as she bowed to her former friend before throwing the money aside and turning on the television.  Then she saw the news of a woman fatally stabbed in the park behind the restroom and the missing child.  Reina remembered the woman's appearance and she tilted forward to take a better look, she saw her in the park with her daughter playing in the park.

“Hmm this might be a good thing I can do for helping, but maybe tomorrow.”  Reina yawned and went to sleep.

---

Aika took her into her apartment and let her sit on her personal couch as she called the police to confirm Tomo's mother as a missing person.  However, she just learned about her death and looked over to Tomo as she flipped through her magazines.

“Thank you, sir.”  Aika hung up and sat by the phone as she looked over at Tomo.

“What I am going to tell her?  This is not my responsibility to say she died but she needs to know...”  Aika said to herself as she saw the little girl yawned.

“Tomochan, you look tired, are you hungry?”  Aika asked.

“Yes, Aika-chan, Aika is so cool.”  Aika smiled as she looked into her fridge and saw her leftover dinner from yesterday and stuck it into the microwave.

“Tomochan, can you help me set up the table?”  Aika asked as Tomo took the two forks to the table and went back to the sink to wash her hands.

“Thank you.”  Tomochan stood by Aika looking at the microwave with the timer slowly winding down.  The timer went off and Aika took out the hot bowl filled with soup and vegetables and took it over to the table with Tomochan standing on the chair.  Aika found a small table and let Tomo have her dinner over there while Aika looked over her.

“Aika-chan, are we going to have a bath after this?”  Aika nodded as she gave her the bowl of soup and began to eat as Tomo hum through her meal.  Aika felt scared to tell her the truth but with no one else to take care of her, Aika kept thinking on how she should approach it, and as Tomo finished her soup, Aika took her bowl to the sink.

“Aika-chan, you look sad.... why are you sad?”  Aika looked down and sat her down.

“Your mom... had a freak accident at the park behind the bathroom and she...”  Before she could say the words, Tomo teared up as she hugged Aika.

“It can't be.... Tell me my mom isn't in heaven...”  Aika took a deep breath as she caressed her head.

“Your mom left this world.”  Tomo cried in Aika's arm as Tomo's tears penetrated Aika's shirt.

“Sorry that you have to hear about this at a young age, but I want you to know that I will take care of you until somebody comes to care for you.”  Tomo pulled away and shook her head.

“Aika has to take care of me.”  Aika shook her head as she knew that she couldn't take care of a little girl.

“You have to!”  Aika hugged the little girl.

“Tomochan, I care for you but I don't have the resources to keep you here, but when I do, I will guarantee you that you can be safe with me.”  Tomochan smiled as Aika wiped away her tears.

“Now, let's go take that bath.”  Aika took her into the bathroom to get the water ready for their bath.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 4 1/1
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
So we learn a bit more form Reina's past (and a little about Miya too in th process) It's intresting that even though Reina is this Robin hood style of person, she is far from a tottaly good person herself, we also find out about Eri, one of Reina's old friends, If she was the one that died I just wonder what Eri and Reina's relationship truly was!

So Tomo's mum died!  :cry: Poor Aika does really want to take care of Tomo now that her mother has gone but knows that she cant, But Reina does know of this girls plight, perhaps she can help them?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 5 1/3
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »
@Oddy Aika knows a lot about Tomo and she will go deeper into their relationship

Chapter 5

Aika took off the girl's clothes and wrapped her in a small towel, Tomo went forward as Aika hid behind the curtain.  Aika was ashamed to have another person see her body even though she was much younger than she was but to explain to her about a woman's body made her very uncomfortable.  She wrapped herself with the towel and walked into the steamy bathroom with Tomo sitting on the stool.

“Ah, Aika-chan, thank you for being a good person.”  She smiled and stripped the towel off her body.

Aika started to breathe hard with looking at the young girl's body and lathered up her pad to scrub her back as Tomo took her front.  Slowly, she moved the pad around her back with Tomo's whistling aiding her nerves.  The older girl saw the scars on her back with many of them still fresh, she looked down as she figured it was the mother's doing.  Aika eventually got her back layered with soap and Tomo grabbed the bucket filled with warm water and threw it on top of herself.

“Mommy, always let me clean myself up but thank you for cleaning my back.”  Tomo smiled at Aika.

Aika closed her eyes as they switched places and unwrapped the towel around her with Tomo getting the pad ready for her.  Aika leaned forward to give Tomo an easier time to scrub her back, Tomo started up her whistle as Aika let her start scrubbing.

“Aika-chan, you have nice skin.”  Tomo praised.

“Thank you.”  Aika said in a low voice.

Tomo carefully scrubbed each area with her small hands and Tomo glancing over to look at Aika as she kept covered up.  Tomo sighed after every chance and Aika finally caught her with her eyes looking at her,  Aika smiled and told her to stand back as she threw the bucket of water onto her body.  Tomo walked over to the side as Aika stood up and Tomo could see her front.

“Tomo-chan, are you being a pervert?”  Aika laughed.

“No.... just curious, since my mother is gone no one will tell me how I will look like when I am older... so I wanted to know since I am alone now.”  Tomo walked away with her head down.

“Tomo-chan... you are too young to know, later on you'll see yourself become beautiful and all the boys chase after you.  At least you can have a talk with me then.”  Aika wrapped herself back in a towel and jumped into the furo.

Tomo followed her in as Aika wrapped her arms around her body and let Tomo lean back toward her body.  Tomo looked up into Aika's eyes and presented her usual smile with the night slowly going by without a sound.  Aika closed her eyes and let Tomo rest on her with the water to warm them up.  Before they knew it, there skins pruned and instantly got out to change into their night clothes, however, Aika never had anything small enough for her to wear, she had to lend her an old t-shirt to wear and let her sleep in that for the night.

“Aika-chan, good night.”  Tomo kissed her on the forehead before she closed her eyes, Aika moved the hair from her head and gave her a good night kiss before Aika went to sleep.

The next morning, Aika and Tomo woke up seeing the police downstairs searching the apartment, Aika walked down to see inside the apartment but was blocked out because of the investigation.  However, after a quick sweep they found nothing and let Aika take Tomo's clothes from the closet and drawers.  Aika carried it back up to her room and laid it on her couch as Tomo looked through the clothing and quickly changed out of the old t-shirt and into her regular sized clothes.

“Aika-chan, can we go get some breakfast?”  Tomo asked as she took out her bag of money and revealing the hundreds in it.

“Tomo-chan!  Why do you have this money?” 

“Momma always left me an allowance for being a good girl and she always told me that if I was obedient, I would receive money from her.”  Aika grabbed a few bills and slipped it into her pocket before leaving the apartment.

---

Reina woke up with the thought of the girl and just looking into her eyes, she felt a knife sliced through her heart.  She had a thought of who might have done it but she had her doubts as the person would never kill another for no reason.  She suddenly remembered about Kamei's uncle being a toxicologist and a close friend to the coroner who would be looking over the body.  She grabbed her jacket and ran out to seek out Kamei's uncle to find the truth.

She went down the elevator and right out onto the street, she looked over tot he right to see a young woman and a little girl in her hand, and walked towards them.  She noticed the girl being shown in the news as the daughter of the deceased mother.  Reina paced right behind them and finally caught up to them as they both turned to Reina.

“Sorry, is this the girl whose mother passed away yesterday.”  Aika nodded as they started to walk away faster.

“Wait!  Sorry, I am a private investigator for this case as it has been on my slate for a while and I have been looking for a lead in their case.”  Aika took Tomo to the side.

“What do you mean?  Was she part of something?”  Aika asked.

“I cannot confide in you about it, but she may have been linked with the gangs and they may have a part with this murder.  So, she might know about what her mother is doing and give us clues.  Come with me to the office and we can figure that out.”  Aika looked at Tomo and agreed to go with Reina.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
i always worry, what kinda blood bath i would step into when i start a story of yours. but i've evaluated my drama quotient and decided that a little gore will do me some good.

PrivateEye!Reina- reminds me of the time she used to wear that raincoat and hat and irritate the hell out of suspects.  :lol:

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »
Hmm the relationship between Aika and Tomo is definatly intresting, Im some cases Aika is very awkward infront of little Tomo who she knows full well is not her daughter or even related to her but in other cases Aika can be very caring towards Tomo, you could almost say motherly......

So Reina has found Aika and Tomo, I wonder what her plans are involving these two?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 6 1/5
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 09:36:24 PM »
@gracula yeah I love the bloodshed stuff and pretty much would run with it until I decide to stop but this one won't have the major bloodshed as the ones before

@oddy Aika in this fic has a pretty bad past and the reason why she is living alone so it is a story where she wants to prove that she can be a mature, independent person but also that it wasn't without fault that she is in this position

Chapter 6

Reina led the two to Kamei uncle's laboratory and left them in the waiting room as Reina entered into the lab with all the men working on the vials that Kamei was working on before she passed away.  The men looked at her and an elderly man turned toward her.

“Ah, Tanaka-san, long time no see.”

“Yes, long time no see, I am here for the recent murder.”  The men turned back toward their computers.

“The mother who got stabbed... I talked to the coroner and it seemed that it was self-inflicted but it also showed shallow cuts like she was fighting something.”

“Fighting something?”

“I am theorizing that something must have happened but it seems farfetched to all the traditional doctors.  It could be something Kamei made before her death.”

Reina nodded as she looked back at Aika and the child and something felt stuck in her body as she finally felt the remorse but she had a feeling who may have done it.  The only reason was to flush her out of her hiding place.  She looked back at Kamei's uncle and he looked at the piece of paper in his hand.

“Reina, you are truly a changed person, I want you to become the person Eri wanted you to be, I know your past hasn't been clean and where you came from, Sayu might be waiting for you, so be prepared for her wrath.” He gave the address to Reina 

“Anyways, Sayu has been working on the vial Eri gave her and she has been sending me feedback but lately it has slowed down.  Can you check up on her?  I know it might lead you into a trap set up by her but just say it is for Kamei.”  Reina nodded as she took the opportunity to look at the body.

“It seems too shallow for anyone to stab a person, how was the weapon positioned?”  Reina asked.

“He said the blade was halfway in like it was a weakling against her if it was a person, so it got sent over to us as the police were stumped with the initial investigation.”

“I see, I will keep you updated and I hope we can catch that person soon.”  Reina walked out of the laboratory and saw Aika and Tomo still entertained in their game.

“Aika, let's take Tomo out to breakfast, my treat.”  Tomo ran up to Reina and hugged her leg as Aika nodded.

The three walked out of the office onto the streets with the gangs lurking around each corner, they found the backstreets to the nearest cafe.  They entered with the owner snoozing and found a table away from the window.  Reina walked over to the owner and woke him up with the bell on his table.

“Ah, sorry I will get your food.”  He went back to the kitchen to get their food ready.

“Aika, do you live with Tomo?”  Reina asked.

“Actually, I am waiting for her relatives to pick her up.”  Tomo looked at Reina.

“I want Aika to take care of me...”  Reina laughed.

“Tomochan, Aika is too young to take care of you.”

“But she is willing to take baths with me and she has been warm to me ever since she moved in.”  Reina raised her eyebrows.

“So, Tomochan has been close with Aika and you wouldn't mind having a mother like Aika?” 

“Yup.”  Aika looked down at the table.

“Aika... Tomochan likes you, why not keep her?”

“I just don't want her to become like me, dropout, left for dead, and jobless.”  Reina stroked her chin.

“The thing that is most important is that Tomo believes in you and if I had a person who could believe me now, I would also be in better shape but she doesn't see you as you see yourself, she has faith in what you do.”  The owner presented them with pickled radishes as their first dish with a pot of cooked rice and three bowls.

“But...”

“No, you have to let her stay with you, even if I have to help you, she knows you enough that she trusts you and if you care for her, you would do anything to keep her healthy even if you are truly suffering, please do it for her.”  Reina scooped out the first bowl to Tomo and she carefully picked at the pickled radish.

“Okay, Tomochan, you can stay with me for as long as you like.”  Tomo gave her a hug as Aika chopped the pieces even smaller for her to eat.

Reina grew teary eyed as she saw the relationship between Aika and Tomo and felt the emptiness she had from losing not only one but two friends because of her greediness.  It hurt when she first done it but she knew what she had to do but to reason that the money and items she had were stolen was going to be a difficult task.  She slowly chewed onto the pickled radish until the stewed chicken for their meal.  Reina finally felt something warm go into her stomach and into her soul.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
So, Tomo's mother's death was mad too look like it was self inflicted but it actually wasn't?  :O

A little more info on Reina/Eri and Sayu here, what was it that Reina did that was so bad, and how did it end up costing Eri her life, it seems as though Sayu will never forgive her for it and is out for revenge........

So Aika is afraid to take care of Tomo because of what Aika herelf became and she dosn't want Tomo to be like her, perhapas she also has fears about not being up to thr task, perhaps scens like when she helped was Tomo in the last chapter make Aika feel that she is not very motherly?

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »
Wow!!!! Why I miss this fic though!?
Aika!!!
Nothing to say...just keep it on b(>w<

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »
i kinda hafta say criminal investigator Reina is really getting to me.  :thumbsup  just the right amounts of concern, angst and self-absorption i like to see in my superpower burdened anti-heroes.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Hooded Woman Chapter 7 1/12
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 12:17:26 PM »
@Oddy: The issue of how Eri lost her life will be revealed with Reina meeting Sayu, as for Aika, she is maturing but has no resources to look back on, so what she thinks is right may not be the right thing, but she knows that if Tomo trusts her, might as well be a guardian

@Shiwase_Honoo: Better time than not, I usually would update a lot more, but been busy with other projects and life, so thnx for popping in

@gracula: Reina's true occupation will be exposed when Sayu comes into the picture, so the pieces shall be falling into place soon snough

Chapter 7

The trio finished up the breakfast while they each got to know each other more in the comfy stall.  The owner entertained Tomo with his funny faces and leaving Aika and Reina by themsleves.

“Aika, we need to stick together for now.”  Aika nodded.

“So, Reina where are we going?”

“I need to visit a friend, she may have better answers, and she maybe calm on the outside but she will show her fangs.”

“What do you mean?”  Aika tilted her head to her side.

“She and I have known each other a while back and because of my stupidity, I found that I had lost more than what I bargained for.”

“You have to be straight up with me, if you did her wrong, just apologize.”  Reina grabbed the younger girl out of the stall and closed the sliding door.

“Listen, I convinced her that the assets we shared were not worth a lot and she gave it to me to keep, while she took her information of the assets with her.  I realized that it had accumulated value since my friend's death and I never had the time to pay her share since she passed away.”  Aika began to think about how to approach the situation.  She never knew the value of money as her parents were controlling and when she decided to break away she learned about every penny earned as she struggled through paying the rent.

“Okay, would you have the money to pay her side of the deal?”

“Yes, but not on me, I actually want her to come into my apartment to get it but I haven't called her because she has been busy.”  Aika nodded.

“So, are we planning for her to come back to get it or just getting the information?”

“The latter because she wouldn't mind about the first at the moment.”

“Okay, lead us Tanaka-san.”  Aika opened the door seeing Tomo in front of them.

“You two seem to talk a lot lately, is it about me?”  Aika squatted and squeezed her cheeks.

“No, it is about Reina's friend who she made mad and she wants to say sorry to her.”

“Okay, Reina and Aika, let's go!”  The trio walked out of the restaurant and carefully looked out for the gangs as they head over to the train station with the lone person watching the tracks.

“Excuse me, sir.”  Reina called out as he turned to give a smile.

“When does the next train come?”

“In about ten minutes, since it should be a fast drop off, you should wait right out here, and since you guys are the only people here, would you guys mind telling me why you guys are taking this train?”  The conductor looked over at them.

“My friend lives along this line, since it has been quiet for a while, and it is faster and easier than the shinkansen.”  Reina explained.

“I see, well enjoy your trip.”  The train pulled up to the station as it puffed out black smoke from its top.

The three of them jumped into the passenger cart and sat while they stacked up the logs to run the train.  Aika kept Tomo busy with the scenery outside and Reina gazed as she had to face the one who blocked her from Eri.  Reina kept the real truth about the vial she drank and the assets being liquidated as soon as she owned it outright.  Sayu had no clue that mostly everything that kept Eri going in research went to Reina, until a few months later where the family had to refuse supporting her research to continue the experiment.

Sayu never felt embarrassed in her whole life as she was in front of the family, she hunted down Reina, and she gave Reina a beating.  Reina looked up seeing the angry woman as the rage consumed her body and lashed out on Reina.  Sayu knew in her heart that Eri wanted Reina to be the benefactor as Sayu was her girlfriend, but the money that she had collected to continue the research, was suppose to be hers but it had gone out of her pocket as fast as it went in.

From that day, Reina wanted to offer the money back to Sayu with interest but she had to set every thing straight among them to resolve their past issues.  With the train moving, Reina began to think of what to say to her, and luckily it was a long ride.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 12:33:45 PM »
Hmm, so part of the reason why Reina is doing what she is doing is because she wants to repent with Sayu, I wonder if Sayu knew how Reina got the money if she would accept it, I wonder if it's really about the money at all, Is it more about Eri and her not giving Sayu the reserch....

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
@oddy: You are exactly correct, and this will show that they are closer than they think they are

Chapter 8

Aika got Tomo exhausted halfway through the trip and left her in the stall as she checked on Reina with her head leaning on the glass.  Aika tapped her on the shoulder, taking the other side of the stall, giving her a smile.

“Tomo-chan is so cute.”

“Yes, she is, I wish she can grow up to be beautiful.”

“I think she takes on a good role model.”

“Who?”  Reina shook her head.

“You silly, you make a good role model.”  Aika pointed at herself and shook her head.

“I feel so honored, but I failed at my own life.”

“What do you mean?”

Aika explained her past of being good student gone bad, it started with her first year of high school that she fell in love with a girl who was in a gang.  She blindly followed her every place she went and not knowing what she had gotten into.  By the end of the first year, she had to get bailed out fifteen times, by the second year, she had been sent into juvenile detention camp and finally she was on her own.  During that whirlwind trip, she had kept her studies in check but lacked the attendance to graduate.  So, she had found herself in a run-down apartment with cheap rent.  In the end, she was getting stipends for her work in the community but barely enough to survive.

“Aika... why would you fall in love with a woman who ruined your life?”

“Because... I never expected that she cared for me and when she finally fell from her post, I knew what I had done wrong, and I met Tomo-chan.”  Reina started to tear up as she looked over at the little girl.

“So, Tomo has been your model...”  Aika nodded.

“I never wanted to be here, I was smart enough to get into any school I want but I wanted to be with someone, not like any ordinary person but a person who became the other part of my life, the things I couldn't fill, she fed me, let me stay with her, even...”  Reina tilted her head.

“No... she took your thing?”  Aika nodded.

“Yes, it was the last time I had seen her before she got arrested and put into jail, she knew she was running out of time, and I let her have my body.  I felt happy but it made me feel empty inside knowing I would probably never see her again.”

“You gave up your own virginity to a woman you would never see again because you truly had those feelings for her?”  Aika nodded.

“That is a big sacrifice, I never felt that close to anyone, many think that I am a lone wolf that is only there to satisfy my own needs.  Reason why I developed myself to be this way and I had cared once before but I never truly understood why.”

“Reina... thank you for being a good friend and helping Tomo with her mother's murder, many would leave us in the cold but you took us in.”  Aika bowed in front of Reina as the tears fell to the ground.

“I have to tell you something...”

“What is it?”

“When we visit Sayu... there is something that will come out and reveal my true identity... however I for one will want you to hear the whole story before you make your decision.  Sayu and the niece of who we visited in the laboratory used to be friends.”  Aika looked over at Tomo who started to wake up.

“Okay, I believe you in being honest, so I will wait on my judgment, however if it means to solve the murder, I have to stay because I want to make sure I know who did this, so Tomo can understand when she is ready to hear it.”  Reina nodded towards Aika as she went back to Tomo.

“Aika-chan, do you have something to eat?”  She shook her head as Tomo rested her head on the woman's lap.

Reina knew how Aika felt except she was Aika's lover's type, the thief, however she did it for herself and nobody else.  When she befriended Sayu and Eri, she changed into a responsible person, worked at a convenience store, and made her money as Sayu and Eri worked on their experiments.  Eventually, Reina looked in their textbooks to understand the material.  However, the chemistry of Sayu and Eri was perfect, leaving Reina in the cold.  She became lonely and had thought about botching the experiment but never had the nerve to harm Eri. 

Until the one night after her shift was over, she had received a phone call hours earlier about Eri suffering from chemical inhalation.  Reina ran over to the hospital seeing Sayu outside crying in her lab coat.  She turned to see Eri coughing out blood as she managed to struggle in her breathing, Reina sat by Sayu but she went away from her as she sat there alone until the sun rise.

“Reina... come in...”  Eri said weakly.

“Eri, what happened?”

“The chemicals got mixed up and caused a toxic smoke cloud, I told Sayu that something went wrong but the cloud consumed the room quickly and Sayu dragged me out.”  Eri explained.

“Why?  Why would someone do this?”  Reina thought to herself.

“Don't worry, I'll be fine.”  Reina looked at her watch and went back home as Sayu came back with flowers.  With one glimpse, Sayu turned away from her and walked in as Reina took the train back for sleep.

Reina knew that many were envious of their achievement but Reina had an alibi because that night that she was working, a man came in to rob the place.  She had fought him off with the broom as he shot toward the ceiling and ran away.  All she wanted to do was to make Eri proud that she could become that person Eri wanted her to be, but that night set off her bad luck and the past came back to haunt her forever.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:58:53 PM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - lionheart