JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Erika - Free

Author Topic: FIBA World Basketball Championship 2006 - in JAPAN!  (Read 8876 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
FIBA World Basketball Championship 2006 - in JAPAN!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 07:38:30 PM »
Saw on ESPN earlier that the U.S. tore Germany a new asshole, ripped them good.
They held good 'ol Dirk to only 3 shots.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 09:38:42 AM »
I'm seeing none of this LOL...hopefully ABC will show the finals...and I miss the hilites :lol:

Dwayne Wade is totally leading the way?? I heard he's getting 6th man action at his request!

Random gay picture I was gonna post last week:

CHINA GOT SMACKED THE FUCK UP!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »
TEAM USA LOSES :o

Guess they need Kobe's defense after all. And Gilbert Arenas slick shooting! Oh well better luck in Beijing 2008!

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 10:43:40 AM »
i think even if kobe was in it, they will have a tough time winning the whole thing. i aint surprise that US lost since i never felt this team was the best they can get. it is really a shame that the star players cares about NBA more than WC and Olympics. these two events only happens once every 4 yrs.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 02:03:52 AM »
I was able to catch US vs. Argetntina last night. Wade had 18 pts. in the 4th quarter and they won by 15 points I think. If Scola and Oberto didn't get in foul trouble early, it would have been a closer game. Looking forward to the Spain vs. Greece match.

I think that the US should send a whole team instead of just selecting various superstars. The problem with selecting superstars is that the players will only get to practice with each other a few weeks then off to the competition they go. I'm not sure if the players will get familiar with each other's playing for quite a short period.That worked before because the competiton wasn't that stiff. Today, the teams they play have been together for a long time and therefore they know their teammates too well. Why don't they just send the core of a team like Detroit to compete, and just get the right reserves.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2006, 11:31:02 AM »
well if USA is to send a good team out to compete, it will be consist of many superstars. the problem is that these guys arent together for a long period of time. the greek team were together for many yrs. they all know exactly what to do out there while USA players just wanna play one man game.
plus the fact that this team lacked a good veteran superstar to lead the team while having 3 young players as captains just doesnt help much. if this team will be kept for a long while, maybe till 2008 olympics, they have a good chance of getting gold again.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 02:39:24 AM »
How bout sending the pistons and ben wallace in there to shut it down on defense. XD

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 11:24:39 PM »
i think not any time in the nba would beat a team like spain. i really do think that nowadays, USA needs to pick a team of best players and have them train together for 1-2 years inorder for them to be top in the world again.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2006, 08:07:48 PM »
Kobe knows all about winning :D

Bryant: U.S. team needs chemistry ahead of 2008 Olympics
September 7, 2006

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) -- Kobe Bryant believes the U.S. basketball team will have to work on its chemistry if it wants to perform well at the 2008 Olympics.

The Los Angeles Lakers star, visiting Taiwan as part of a five-leg tour of Asia to meet with fans, said Thursday that a newly assembled team always needed some time together before starting to play with consistency.

Bryant did not play in the world championships because of a knee injury, and the U.S. squad returned home from the tournament in Japan last week with a bronze medal -- mirroring its performance at the 2004 Athens Olympics.

Both results were widely seen as disappointments for teams loaded with NBA talent.

"Years playing together will jell us as a unit, (but) if there is no chemistry, it's going to be tough to beat all those talented teams," Bryant said, adding he was confident the two years leading up to the Beijing Olympics would be enough time to find that chemistry.

Bryant's Asian tour has already taken him to Japan and Hong Kong. On Friday, he was scheduled to leave Taiwan for South Korea, en route to China.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 07:34:51 AM »
throw kobe and vince carter in and you can play with 5 guards

Offline aang

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2006, 11:16:30 PM »
Man thats gotta suck being put out for a foot injury and having to apolgise to your entire country for it...poor guy. Good luck healing.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Erika - Free