JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsuchiya Anna - Blood On Blood

Author Topic: The Sato Masaki Thread (佐藤優樹)  (Read 159010 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Sato Masaki Thread (佐藤優樹)
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2014, 02:26:59 PM »
Konya mo Usachan Peace 14-08-04 (Guest: Sato Masaki)

Sayu laughs from the very beginning. She says “This is an unprecedented case.”

00:35 – 01:10 A staff asked Maachan’s age. She answered “You can say I’m 16.” But after answering it, Maachan confused, and searched her own name on the web, and she found that she is 15. She forgot her own age.

02:20 - 02:30 Shouting “yeah!”, Sayu tried to exchange a high-five with Maachan. But Maachan didn’t do it. Sayu says “I’m being played!”

02:57 I’m not sure, but it seems Maachan blows her nose. Sayu laughs.

First letter: In Fukuoka, Maachan found a board for Sayu’s birthday event, and she scribbled some messages on the back of it without staff’s permission. Staff-san complimented it, so Maachan did it on the boxes too. The day before the event, Maachan gave a hint for it and she sincerely asked staff-san to talk about it to Sayu on the stage. Messages were “We, 9ki, 10ki, 11ki, are always with you.”(Sayu missed it and she says “Shock! It’s a pity that there is no picture”), “Sayumin”, “Shige-da!”(Sayu dislikes being called Shige.), “oyasayumin”, “usachan peace” etc. Sayu says “Thank you. I was glad that you spent your time expressly for it.” Maa answers “Because I had too much free time!” Sayu says “Because you had too much time? That’s all? Haha. Thank you for messages of love.”

Second: Maachan says Sayu’s no makeup face in 「Sayu」 is like baby and so cute and if you don’t buy it, it’s like you lose one-fourth of your life.

Third: Sayu points out that before recording, Maachan devoured snacks which the CBC staff gave. Maachan’s recent favourite snack is ‘otoko ume’. She first ate it when she found it in Yuki Ouzomi’s bag while sitting on her lap. It was so delicious that she couldn’t stop eating them.

Fourth: “How much water do you drink each day?” was Maachan’s question for Sayu’s birthday event VTR on the bus. It was the last question, and Sayu answered it honestly. But what Maachan had actually intended was Sayu’s witty comments. Btw, Sayu drinks about 750ml(in summer, 900ml), Maachan 500ml(or below, it varys with how much she eats)

Fifth: Maachan imitates Sayu all the time, even when Sayu is not there. Sayu speaks loudly, 14:39 “Even if I’m not there? HAA! That is (impossible)?!” Maachan’s Sayu monomane Maachan says that Sayu monomane is difficult because Sayu rhythmizes every single word and that tsunku(recording-san) must know more about this. And Sayu admires Maachan’s way of listening to music and memorizing a choreography. She catches various sounds very well. And while Sayu memorizes a choreography with lyrics, Maachan memorizes with sounds of instruments(its process is like this. She says she doesn’t understand nor use a count(1,2,3 …) which dance sensei uses. (I think what Maachan means is that you can grasp a rhythm more accurately with sounds of instruments than lyrics or a count)

Sixth: Maachan says Sayu’s face is a combination of snake, lizard and rabbit because her mouth and nose are small but eyes are big like a rabbit, and her jaw line is sharp like a snake and a lizard.

Sayu asks Maachan to come again next week, and Maachan says Yes!

Sayumi sounds so happy with Maachan.

*thx to tadahitorinoningen from H!O

Konya mo Usachan Peace 14-08-11 (Guest: Sato Masaki)

Sayu no kobeya corner:

First letter: about Maachan’s first impression of Sayu. Maachan’s friends in Hokkaido said Reina and Sayu were scary. But Maachan thought Risa was more scary because of her cool image in the song. Maachan says that at that time she didn’t even distinguish between ‘cool’ and ‘cute’. Anyway, Reina and Sayu were not scary at all, so Maachan sent her friends a mail about that. Maachan had earned Sayu a good reputation, which was, after Sayu being a leader, turned into one of the important rules in MM.

Second: Maachan’s favourite music videos are that of <Kimagure Princess>, <Resonant Blue>, and <Koi No Hana(Abe Natsumi)>. She also likes Matsuura Aya’s and Goto Maki’s song. Sayu praises Maachan’s knowledge about Hello Pro’s songs.

Third: about LILIUM. Maachan had trouble remembering other character's names(Jasmine, Clematis, Mimosa) and she called them by their real names. So the director understandably scolded her and he unavoidably allowed her to call real names. But then again Maachan made a mistake(she called Tanabe ‘Watanabe’.). At last Maachan and the director agreed to call them Werewolf, Dracula, Franken. (It seems that the director used it as ‘neta’(joke material).)

Maachan arranged some parts of the song “Princess Marguerite” by herself. And she got a praise form sensei. Sayu also compliments Maachan and says she knew Maachan was full of confidence about her acting because her face quite directly reflects her feelings. After the play, Maachan came to sayu for her thoughts. Maachan thinks Sayu watches over all the members. Sayu is happy about Maachan asking her thoughts.

Fourth: Maachan hopes to visit Universal Studios Japan(or Fuji Q) all together on their day off. Lately, their desire to be with Sayu has become stronger and they want to make more memories with her.

Maachan sometimes rides a roller coaster when she wants to forget something awful(like a bad performance on a stage). She compares an ascent to being scolded and a drop to forgetting(when descending, she says in her mind “It's gone!). But she doesn’t put everything out of her mind. She records good suggestions from others and her own comments in her diary everyday.

*thx to tadahitorinoningen from H!O

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »

Masaki in Hawaii
Maachan, Duu and Harunan are in the same room in Hawaii this year.

There are two beds and one makeshift bed .

Maachan said, It's OK. I sleep with someone. But, Duu and Harunan refused.

Later, Maachan disappeared.

And there was an Email from the manager, saying that  Don't worry. Masaki is sleeping on my stomach. :c18:

This story is from a fan's Twitter attending the tour.

That reminds me of Maachan sleeping next to Sayu at Dokkiri TV show. ^-^

To further add, they refused because of Maachan’s bad sleeping habit. Haruna said "Maachan wants to sleep with her head on your stomach and when you wake up, sometimes her feet are at your head."

*thx to Alex4411 and tadahitorinoningen from H!O

http://tanasatan.tumblr.com/post/95456157988/beautiful

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:51:29 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2014, 11:57:41 PM »
Morning Musume ’14 no Morning Jogakuin ~Houkago Meeting~ #127 (2014.09.06)

Maachan: The Last Girl on Earth, etc.

Maachan says she couldn’t appear on ‘Mechaike’ because of her age. Instead, She took a rest with her family because the day before, they had the concert in Hokkaido.

---

Erina says it is the first time these three(Erina, Haruna, Masaki) present Mo-jo. She says she wants to present well and asks Maachan for a reaction. Then Maachan shouts soullessly, “Ganbatte Ikuta”

--- 

Q: What do you want to do alone?

Maachan says she wants to be alone on Earth.

(05:06~)

Erina: And Masaki-chan? (laugh) “to be alone on Earth”
Masaki: yes.
Haruna: What do you mean?
E: Game?
M: (laugh) well, It’s like being alone on Earth with no sharks, no dolphins, no whales,
H: Are there no living things?
M: and no humans. Masa alone and all foods remain as they are.
E: Foods are there. (all laugh)
M: (laugh) driving alone, and what can I say? It’s like,
E: You seem to destroy buildings. (laugh)
H: (laugh)
M: Even if I destroyed them, because I’m alone, there would be no victims. And I have 40 ways of surviving, so I would never die.
H, E: 40?
M: Yes. Even if a building were destroyed, I wouldn’t die.
H: Ah, like Immortals?
M: Yes.
H: The Earth is destructed and you are the immortal one. (laugh)
E: (laugh)
M: Nonono. It remains as it is. For example, without staff-san and everyone, I read the script alone,
E: No one would do nothing. (laugh)
M: And when I want to drink juice, I can use the coins there. The world with no rules and no money.
E: Eh, why? Well, are you okay with no one to talk to? Masaki-chan, in that situation, you have no one to call or talk to like your mother.
H: You could feel lonely.
M: … bugs?
E: bugs?
M: bugs.
E: But there are no bugs. And you said there are no dolphins,
M: Well, then bugs remain.
E, H: (laugh)
H: Then is it better to have dolphins rather than bugs?
M: But they’d be frightening when I go into the sea. If they acted violently, I might collide with them.
H: Ah~
E: Yes.
M: Especially, Sharks,
E: Bugs are okay?
M: Well, Bugs are,
E: Masaki-chan, I have the impression that you dislike bugs.
M: Hahaha!
H: Certainly. (laugh)
M: Cute ones are fine.
E: What kind of bugs? (laugh)
M: Hamster, [I don’t know why hamsters belong to the insect(mushi, 虫)]
H: How about horses?
E: Ah, horses are good.
M: Ah~, horses might be good.
H: Horses are okay?
M: Horses are okay and dogs are okay too.
H: Things which are allowed to be in Maachan’s world. Can I join?
M: No.
H: Ah, yes. (laugh)
E: Eri is?
M: Ikuta-san, you are further behind.
E, H: Hahahaha!
E: “further behind” (laugh)
H: (laugh) It feels lonely and painful~
M: Humans are a little scary.
E: Humans are scary? (laugh)
H: Without Humans,

(Thanks to the transcript by an anonymous wota on 2chan, I could translate the whole conversation.)

---

Q: With whom do you feel comfortable in a hotel room?(when they put up at a hotel during a concert tour.)

Erina and Haruna say they thought the answer would be one of 10ki members, particularly “Duu”. But Maachan chooses “Oda-chan” because “it is fun to be with her.” Haruna says they usually listen to music together with a cellphone.

---

Maachan mistook HP as Hello Project. She asks Haruna about that. Haruna says it means the program’s HomePage(番組ホームページ).

---

*Thx to tadahitorinoningen from H!O

Konya mo Usachan Peace #408 (2014.08.18)

Maachan Instruction Manual, Planet Maachan, etc.

Fan mail #1: “If they were to make individual user manuals for the members of Morning Musume, whose user manual would be the longest and whose user manual would be the shortest?

Sayu thinks Maa-chan‘s user manual would definitely be a long read, full of notes like “you must scold her at times like this, and this and this” and so on. But in her case, you can’t scold her too much either. If you get too angry at her, she stops listening to you, so you have to keep the right balance of seriousness and lightheartedness.

Another problem with Maa-chan is that she doesn’t understand even slightly difficult Japanese words.

Once when Sayu and their dance instructor were telling Maa-chan to concentrate in no unclear terms, Sayu later approached Maa-chan and asked her if she’d understood what she’d just been told. Maa-chan replied “mmm… what does “concentrate” mean?” While Maa-chan is 15 years old, Sayu says that you can’t ever expect Maa-chan to know words that the average 15-year-old would know.

Finally, she wants to end Maa-chan’s user manual with a warning about her behavior changing day-to-day, so anything written on the user manual might not apply.

---

Question #3: “If these two photobooks were released as sequels to Michishige Camera, which one would you like to see more? (1) Full of love towards H!P — “Fukumura Camera”, or (2) the anything-goes, mosaic-filled work — “Maa-chan Camera.”“

Sayu chooses (2). While she’d really love to see the kind of shots only someone like Fuku-chan who has a deep love for H!P could take, she thinks that might be kind of similar to Sayu’s own Michishige Camera. Even more than that, she’d like to see Maa-chan’s way-out-there, probably almost entirely blurred collection of pictures. That could in itself be kind of true to Morning Musume in how it really is so lively behind the scenes.

---

Question #4: “Planet Earth is facing imminent, total destruction and you have to migrate to a different planet. Which planet would you migrate to? (1) Maa-chan Planet, where all of its inhabitants would both act and look like Sato Masaki, or (2) Koharunrun Planet, a planet that is ruled by Kusumi Koharu.“

Sayu chooses (1). Sayu says that while Koharunrun Planet does have a fun name, she has feeling that it might be a cover-up and that the situation on the planet might actually not quite reflect the name. She also thinks being ruled by Koharu would be a little tough to handle. While standing all those Maa-chans would be tough to take as well, Sayu says that since she pretty much knows how to handle Maa-chan at this point, that would be the more preferable option.

Full radio summary
http://helloproradio.com/2014/09/09/konya-mo-usachan-peace-408-2014-08-18/

More Maachan related summaries from HelloProRadio:
http://helloproradio.com/2014/08/26/konya-mo-usachan-peace-406-2014-08-04-guest-sato-masaki/
http://helloproradio.com/2014/09/01/konya-mo-usachan-peace-407-2014-08-11-guest-sato-masaki/

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:38:17 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
Morning Musume ’14 no Morning Jogakuin ~Houkago Meeting~ #128 (2014.09.13)

Maachan and the Sea
Erina and Haruna thought Maachan would begin by celebrating Morning Musume’s 17th anniversary. But Maachan celebrates Oda’s 2nd anniversary, Wada’s birthday, and Haruna’s Zelda Musou, while not even mentioning MM’s anniversary. Maachan notices it after Haruna says.

“Everyone, Yahho-ta-i! The best memory of this summer is the sea!”

(5:57~)
Haruna: Maachan, the sea?
Masaki: The sea. Well, when I returned to Sapporo,
Erina, H: Yeah.
M: I went to the beach.
E: Yeah.
H: He~
M: My mother has been going to the beach with my father since she was very young, maybe 12.
H: E~~! With your father?
M: Yes. She’s been always with him since elementary school.
H: E~~h! Amazing!
E: It’s amazing.
M: But at first, well, my father was just a kid, so he, what can I say, (laugh) like Godzilla(?),
H: Ah, he fooled her?
M: Yes, he fooled her
H: He teased her, right?
H: Uh huh.
M: and at that time, mother wasn’t really interested in going out with someone.
M: So she’s been with him since elementary school, and they became a couple when they were in middle school.
H: He~~, it’s amazing~
E: It’s amazing.
M: They have been going to the beach since then. So maybe the sea knows about my mother,
M: and rocks,
E: It’s amazing. The sea knows your mother. (laugh)
M: Hahaha
H: It’s fine~, Maachan. It’s fine~.
E: I think it’s nice. (laugh)
M: Yes. It knows our parents,
E, H: Uh huh.
M: so, well,
H: Yes, It’s been watching over them.
M: Yeah. It’s been watching over them. So, when Masaki(she usually calls herself Masaki, Maa, Maasa or Maachan) doesn’t know what to do at work, the sea helps me.
H: Yeah.
M: When I once dived in, I heard its voice.
M: It’s like “Kyu-n, Kyu-n”.
E: Eh, wasn’t it a buzzing in your ear? (laugh)
M: Yeah, Hahaha! Maybe it is, but, (laugh)
E, H: Hahaha
M: Hahaha, in the sea,
H: Into the sea, yes.
M: I dive in the sea, and I need 5 seconds to dive in,
M: I dive in while my eyes closed, and then I do meditation.
H: Eh~, with your eyes closed. Yeah.
M: After I meditate, then “Baa-t!”, I come out.
M: When I did meditation, well, of course, well, probably, Masaki came back after a long time,
M: and because our parents were busy because of me, [then she did a burp or a hiccup] we couldn’t return to Hokkaido, (laugh)
H: Hahaha
M: Hahahaha
E: Hahaha
M: we couldn’t return to Hokkaido, (laugh)
H: Yeah (laugh)
M: so maybe we met again with the sea after a long time. And the sea became more cheerful!
M: The sound of the waves was so big even in the daytime.
H: Ah~, the waves.
M: It became so big!
M: I enjoyed them very much. So (Bang) the sea.
H: Nature is good.
E: Yeah.
M: Yeah. I went to be purified. For purification.
H: I’m surprised that Maachan knows the word, “Meditation”. (laugh)
E: Hahaha.
M: How come?
H: Well, ‘Meditation’ is a quite difficult word.
E: Yeah~.
H: Probably, Ayumin doesn’t know what ‘Meditation’ means.
M: Well, Ayumin is an idiot, right?
H: Hahaha.
E: Ha~hahaha! There came a witty remark(名言)!
H: Thanks for your witty remark. (laugh)

(Thanks to the transcript by an anonymous wota on 2chan, I could translate the whole conversation.
I wrote the imitative sounds as they are in Japanese.)

She misreads kanji as always. Erina laughs and Haruna cheers her up.

Maachan says “the person I want to meet now is a sea urchin(uni, 海胆)”

Celebrating Morning Musume’s 17th anniversary, Maachan says her goal is “to laugh before getting a scolding from manager-san”, and in school “to laugh before getting a scolding from teachers and to make them laugh first”. Because “I don’t want to be scolded”. “While they all laugh and have fun, I’ll run away from the place.”

“Papipupeponyoponyo Suzuki-san!” She says this nonsensical word after seeing a script that states “Say your favourite word”. [I have no idea what this is]

“After this, Nakajima Saki no Cute na Jikan Desu. Nakajima-san, Daisukidesu~. Byebye.”

Saki answers this: “Nakajima-san Daisukidesu~. Byebye”, Isn’t this too simple? Hahaha. If you like me very much, give me more love, Maachan! Hahaha. Well~, I feel all the more that no matter how much time passes, Maachan is Maachan after all.

What is the attractiveness of Sayashi, Ishida, Sato and Fukumura’s dancing?
4: 名無し募集中
Tiki bun Tiki bun

35: 名無し募集中
>>4
If you observe the rhythmical senses in their using of knees and the way they move their shoulders, you can see.
Sato’s shoulders are outstanding and show the wide and sharp movement.

38: 名無し募集中
>>35
I agree
I don’t know whether her waist is flexible or her abs and spine are strong, but I feel her physical level is high.

40: 名無し募集中
>>38
it’s because she trained with a horse riding and a ballet.

49: 名無し募集中
Maachan’s way of shifting her weight laterally is cool.

52: 名無し募集中
Ah~. Indeed, Sato’s movement is the widest of all.

88: 名無し募集中
Because Maachan has a prodigious rhythmical sense, she shines in singing and dancing.

90: 名無し募集中
Sato said in the radio that she doesn’t dance with counting “one, two, three” in choreographies, and instead she dances with the background sound. [See here]
I'm not sure whether she’s amazing or Baka.

106: 名無し募集中
Maachan's range of moving her shoulders.

[This is one of the most popular threads today. I only translated the comments about Maachan. She’s the most highly evaluated member in this thread with Riho. I’m so proud of her growth.]

*Thx to tadahitorinoningen from H!O  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:35:59 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »

Masaki as a Senpai
This episode is quite old too, but never loses its sweetness.(Did someone translate this before? I hope not.)

Risa: But, you know, if 11ki joins, Sato becomes a senpai. How can she teach? (laugh)
Sayumi: Indeed. Isn’t she likely to say “Maachan wants to join 11ki!”? (laugh)
R: Yeah. (laugh) For now, 10ki is the youngest generation and Sato is the youngest. But she once consoled Ikuta, right?
S: Yes, she did!
R: That was so funny!
S: In an event, Ikuta kept saying, “I have no confidence.” “No~, seriously. I’m not cute, I’m fat, and I sing badly and was off-pitch a minute ago.(sob)” Then Sato said, “It’s al~right! It’s tough now but the future is bright!”
R: She really said that!
S: She kept saying that!
R: “Ikuta-san! There’s a reason you were chosen.” “Tsunku-san chose you!” She said like this.
S: “Ikuta-san, you are cute~.”
R: “If you endure this moment, then Paradise! Paradise!”, she said. (laugh)
S: (laugh) “The future is bright, Ikuta-san!” And I thought in my mind ‘You are the last person who can say that!’ (laugh)
R: Right. She is the last person who can say that.
S: (laugh) It was so funny.
R: If someone consoles you that way, you cannot help but feeling reinvigorated. I felt that level of happiness.
S: (laugh) And Ikuta said, “Sato, Sato, …” What’s she called?
R: Sa … Ah, Masaki-chan!
S: “I don’t want to hear that from Masaki-chan!(sob)”, and, again, was about to cry. (laugh)
R: (laugh) Ikuta was crying, saying “I want to hear “Kawaii!””. Then Sato said “Ikuta-san, you are cute!”
S: She kept saying “Kawaii. Kawaii.”(laugh) Then Ikuta said, “It is not what I want!(sob)” (laugh)
R: (laugh) “I don’t need that pitying ‘Kawaii’(sob)!” and she cried again. (laugh)
S: It was so funny.
R: I think the current Morning Musume is the best.
S: Yes. I think it is.
R: Dressing room is always noisy.
S: Yes.
R: Time to rest is not time to rest. Time to rest is a recreation time now.
S: (laugh) Indeed. It’s quieter when we film. (laugh)
R: Yes. It really is.
S: But I think we do our work properly. (laugh)
R: Yes~.

Morning Musume ’14 no Morning Jogakuin ~Houkago Meeting~ #126 (2014.08.30)

Eripon as a Senpai, etc
Maachan says this summer was fun though she feels sorry for being absent from the concent. She took a good rest in Hokkaido, so bad things were gone. Mizuki says “after returning from Hokkaido, you look refreshed.” But Maachan also indicates that when she returns to Hokkaido, the possibility of becoming ill increases, because she feels too much at ease in her hometown .

The song she wants to sing as a solo is “Snow Magic Fantasy”(SEKAI NO OWARI). And she says she likes electronic music. Riho says Maachan could sing these kinds of songs without sound effects.

To the question, “who do you think has changed, including yourself? And what is changed?” she answers, “Ikuta-san has changed.” Maachan thinks Erina has become mature and considerate to someone around. Erina was a scary senpai to Maachan, but her impression of Erina has changed recently. Now, she thinks Erina is a very kind senpai.

Q. “When do you act selfishly(Wagamama)?”

Maachan says “I don’t act Wagamama.” Mizuki replies, “you don’t?”, “I don’t”, “you don’t?”. Then Maachan answers, laughing, “Why do you talk like that?. …… The word ‘Wagamama’ is too cute for me. The person with too many excuses would be suitable.”

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2014, 11:01:46 AM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2014, 04:02:55 PM »
Oaxiac san, thanks for the ^ post!

Du and Maachan were great together. Solo songs and duet were very impressive. What
really stood out was the friendship these two girls share!  :deco:

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2014, 07:53:33 PM »

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2014, 09:55:18 PM »
Maa-chan singing Daiteyo Please go on is giving me major linlin flashbacks. They've even had the same member color and hairstyle during their performances  :P2

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2014, 07:01:29 AM »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:57 AM »
From Hello! Pro Radio's Twitter:

Sato Masaki voted as the most liked radio personality in "Radio Bangumihyou" magazine! (Sansai Mook Vol. 703)
- https://twitter.com/helloproradio/status/526606808090046464

Correction: that's Sansai Mook Vol. 747, not 703.
- https://twitter.com/helloproradio/status/526609098704318466

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

Konya mo Usachan Peace #416 (2014.10.13)
Fan mail #1: Although the listener did hear about Sayu’s upcoming break from the entertainment world, they have something they’d definitely like to see happen: Sayu producing her own H!P group all by herself. He suggests that a group produced by Sayu would be very interesting, and that he’d love to hear songs that were written and composed by her.Sayu says that while the idea of producing a group sounds fun in theory, there is no way she could ever compose a song for anyone as she has no idea how.

She mentions that Maa-chan loves arranging the vocal melodies of their songs. Maa-chan can do that for lots of different songs. She’s always singing the songs with her original arrangements which will sometimes throw Sayu off and make her wonder which version of them was the correct one. While that is obviously an inconvenience, she thinks Maa-chan is amazing for being able to do that like it’s nothing. Sayu says she doesn’t possess anything like Maa-chan’s ability — she can only sing songs written by Tsunku after first listening to his demo vocal over and over again until it sticks.

http://helloproradio.com/2014/11/20/konya-mo-usachan-peace-416-2014-10-13/

"Sato Masaki's Airheadedness, Part of a Master Plan?! A Frightening Perspective!!"
by Niigaki & Michishige

A translation of an old tidbit that was brought up a few times in this thread, e.g. http://www.hello-onl...52#entry1755348 (does anyone want to re-upload the video?)

Nii: «Sayumin has said before on her radio that it's fun to swap stories with Gaki-san about
the amusing exploits of 10G member Sato Masaki»

Mi: uh-huh

Nii: «If you have any new interesting episodes with Maachan, please share them with us.»

Mi: (giggling) but she's really amusing y'know

Nii: The fountain just never runs dry with Sato, does it?

Mi: never runs dry

Nii: 'Cause honestly she's up to something every day –

Mi: (laughing) every day, isn't it like every minute, even?

Nii: like all the time

Mi: every minute, it's every minute

Nii: like just, what's up with that girl

Mi: So it's already like a daily ritual for us, «Hey Gaki-saaan, you gotta hear this»

Nii: Oh yeah. Ummm, something we didn't talk about yet?

Mi: (chuckling)

Nii: Is there any, hmmm?...

Mi: 'cause we're always like, like telling each other

Nii: Each other

Mi: Sato's just amazing like

Nii: yeah. totally

Mi: But y'know the 10G are always saying «She's doing it all on purpose» (laughing)

Nii: Yeah, I think I heard but

Mi: but like

Nii: if like that level of spontaneity, is all planned out, she's got to be exceedingly smart

Mi: just way too smart

Nii: you can't do something like that, it can't be on purpose

Mi: like, Please don't be on purpose,

Nii: yeah, please don't. Just imagine she

Mi: Isn't that sort of intimidating? (laughs) If she's got it all planned

Nii: comes home and she's like «I was on a roll again today, I showed 'em good» (laughing)

Mi: Waahahahaha!

Nii: like «Oooh boy did I show 'em!...» (laughing)

Mi: ahahahaha

Nii: «Niigaki-san was ecstatic...!» Ain't that

Mi: (laughing hysterically)

Nii: kinda-sorta extra-humiliating, dont'ya think?

Mi: (laughing) y'know «I expect she will use it on her radio» (laughing)

Nii: (laughing)

Mi: Ooh, this is dangerous –

Nii: «Project Maachan, good progress!» (laughing)

Mi: (laughing hysterically)

Nii: Isn't that the worst? I tell you, she's not like that! Sato's from Hokkaido –

Mi: (laughing, exhausted)

Nii: it can't be, she has to be purer

Mi: (laughing, exhausted)

Nii: than that! I'm telling you, a-aight?

Mi: (inhales deeply) Aaaah– but, doesn't that seem like a hilarious setting,

Nii: Scary stuff huh! (laughing)

Mi: it's sort of – even more interesting, if you look at it that way

Nii: from that perspective

Nii: But aaah Sato just never – fails to entertain. Like you remember? the schoolbags, like
they have in schools now, well they're um red aren't they – the schoolbags or – pink like

Nii: on this, on the tour last time, that uh that y'know scene with the schoolbags, Kudo and
Sato, carried a brown one, and a pink one and

Mi: Right

Nii: the conversation got like, «What color is yours Sato» y'know her own, at home. And she uh,
check this out: (imitating) «Maachan's~is pale~~aqua~~blue~~» – um and,

Mi: ooh?

Nii: (imitating) «Isn't pale~aqua~blue~ sophisticated~~~?»

Mi: oooh!

Nii: and the sensei's like, «That's not how you show your sophistication!» (laughing)

Mi: (laughing)

Nii: «Get a red one!» (laughing)

Mi: ooh, this is

Nii: red one. Yeah. Sato, 's, just so cheerful about everything,

Mi: That's true

Nii: you-uh, y-you know Ikutaaa, with her fail jokes, that instantly create an awkward silence

Mi: Ah yes, right

Nii: But in her own book, they're probably supposed to be fun. But Sato, she doesn't have a book,

Nii: she's got her own goddamn publishing company,

Mi: right, like the

Nii: she's so genuinely enjoying herself, she's gonna make you think it's fun!

Mi: fluffy cuddly feeling just never goes away when Sato's talking

Nii: In the dressing room like, sometimes you like need to change outfits quickly, don't you,
So the manager's like «Okay get dressed get a move on!» and is making that veeeeery strict
face at everyone, at Sato,

Mi: hm hm

Nii: then Sato's like, (imitating) «Ah~this is bad~~manager~san is being~getting~angered~»

Mi: (laughing)

Nii: (imitating) «Maa~chan~is being~becoming~scared~~ a~ha~ha~ha~ha~~» like

Mi: ah yes, she and her «a~ha~ha~ha~ha~»

Nii: Like if you think, that the situation's getting serious you

Nii: go and change quickly, like «Gotta hurry gotta hurry»

Mi: yeah normally (laughs)

Nii: but y'know 'cause it's Sato!

Mi: Aaah, Sato, that wonderful naïve part that she can show. I also

Nii: uh-huh

Mi: remember we had that talk, um, ah, um, what was it? About y'know how you feel glad
when you become center

Nii: yeah

Mi: and, Sato was like, going hyper like «Waaa~~!» about getting the center, Sato um

Mi: 'cause that's not what you do, you're not supposed to be jumping –

Mi: with joy like that, when chosen for center

Nii: right, yeah

Mi: you're supposed to like treasure it in your heart, so – I was like, having a talk with everyone
about it, so Sato was like constantly, «Eh, it seems that Ayumin may be a better idea as the
center, after all – » oh

Nii: Ahahahaha!

Mi: you tellin' me now? Like

Nii: Yeah, yeah! Look at the decision-maker!

Mi: yeah (laughing), and Sato just, y-y'know we have a-Ishida Ayumi-chan, is a girl we have,
very good dancer,

Mi: like Sato just kept nagging me, «But with Ayumin as center, the performance's gonna look
so much prettier, (imitating) was~it was~it really~okay~~to choose Maachan?~~» (laughs)

Nii: Ahahahaha–

Nii: hmmm

Mi: yeah so I say «Then start working harder at rehearsals–!»

Mi: «so that you won't have that problem» and

Nii: right!

Mi: she's like (imitating) «Oh! you~mean if~ Oh~what a good~idea!~~~!»

Nii: hilarious–

Mi: yeah for Ishida actually, kinda hard to decide how to react

Mi: when Sato's saying stuff like that

Mi: kinda «Huh...? this right now...»

Mi: but really, well Ishida, she's in 3rd year middle school, Ishida

Mi: but she can seem like she's like over 20 sometimes d'you notice?

Nii: She has that mature look, she does

Mi: matter of fact she could've been Maachan's mom like that, if you

Nii: she, uh, definitely. One hundred percent

Mi: anyway Sato's never boring

Nii: Oh, Sato is never boring. Um for example, you know, for example, when the manager comes in
and calls your name, uh her name like «Sato–?» Well you're supposed to reply «Yes?», like
«Yes!» and come along to like, wherever they need you to go. But uh, they call her out «Sato!––»
and the next moment she's like, (imitating) «Ah, , , could this mean Maachan is about to––»

Mi: (giggling)

Nii: (imitating) «have to go and get yelled at??–––»

Mi: hahahahaha!

Nii: (imitating) «...or, or, or...??» with that y'know look of (laughing)

Mi: (clapping hands)

Nii: «oh this can be bad––!» on her face she gets like exclusively in moments like that –

Mi: Oh, this is hilarious––

Nii: So you tell her y'know «Hmmm– that's right! You will now go and get yelled at!» and she's
like «eh? Did I do something? But what is it, ?»

Mi: wahahaha!

Nii: «what could it be that I did, ?» all the while like sooo-o obviously digging through her
memory, for clues like

Mi: huhu, that's too funny!

Nii: She's so interesting to watch –

Mi: so interesting to watch. Um you remember that one time, she comes to me and says like,
(imitating) «Maa~chan~~ was late~for school today~~~!» with that incredibly happy
expression, just beaming y'know how she is –

Mi: so I say to her, «Oh, late for school, were you?» um

Mi: but I figured – they probably – won't make a big deal out of it if it's just a one-time thing –

Mi: and we had a concert the day before –

Mi: it was probably pretty hard on everyone, I just answered «Oh I see,» y'know no big fuss right

Mi: Then, a few– some minutes later, her manager comes in: «Sato–– !»

Mi: and she's like (imitating) «Ahh~~!! Is this about school~?!?!» (laughing)

Nii: Aahahahaha

Mi: If you (laughing) understand that it's not a great achievement and gonna land you in trouble,
why are you telling me with that big big smile (laughing)

Nii: why, indeed

Mi: Why'd she do that, honestly?

Nii: I think, she's simply just a child

Nii: Y'know she's got this weird sort of spider sense,

Mi: huhu

Nii: soon as it trips, like «Ah they're coming for me,» instantly

Mi: huhuhu

Nii: she's dashing at full speed like «Uwhaaaa~~~~!» and into the

Mi: ahahahahaha

Nii: inner dressing room. Then the manager's again like «SATO !!! –»

Mi: ahaha

Nii: with that really really terrifying voice, – and y'know quote unquote, «From the corner
behind a curtain, »

Mi: (chucking)

Nii: «...two little eyes were peeking out. It was Sato. » (laughing)

Nii: like, (imitating) «Maa~chan~ will now~be~scolded~?~» (laughing)

Mi: a-hahahahaha

Nii: «Damn sure you will! what were you thinking!» kinda (laughing)

Mi: Like, if you understand that much, just come out and get it over with...! (laughing)

Nii: Sato's hilarious, absolutely

Mi: a-aah, totally

Nii: we could go on and on about her

Mi: yeah

Nii: probably could make an hour-long broadcast just out of that

Mi: For sure! (laughing)

Nii: yeah..... . . . (pause)

Mi: «!–Project Maachan!» (Niigaki picking up, in unison: «–ct Maachan!») (both laughing)

Nii: –yeeeah, «Project Maachan,» well let us hope it's not, let's believe she isn't like that,

Mi: no, it must be her real self, I think, her real personality

Nii: kinda at this point, not much choice left for us, after knowing her for all this time

Mi: Oh but she's so interesting

Nii: All right what now? Shall we do another one? Do we uh– do we still have

Mi: Seems we've ran out of time just talking about Sato (laughing)

Nii: , right, let's wrap it up then. On this upbeat note we –

Mi: ehehehehe it was fun!

Nii: okay, we are finishing here today, on the topic of the amazing Sato,

Mi: yes (laughing)

Nii: Next time, on our next digital download, I think we'll try to cover some more
questions, not just about Sato

Mi: We will!

Nii: Please look forward to it – !

Mi: Do look forward to it! (laughing)

Historical note:
Originally this is from an episode of the digital broadcast "Morning Musume's All Night Nippon Mobile."
Recorded from 2010 till 2013, its 45-minute episodes are individually downloadable for the not-so-small fee of 350 yen each.
At the time of this particular episode, Michishige is not the leader yet, Niigaki is the leader. The date is 2012-03-14;
incredible as it may seem, it's been only half a year since 10G arrived, and everyone first met Sato. An approximate
timeline:
      2011-10                                             2012-03                       2012-05
[Takahashi graduates]                                [                ]            [ Niigaki graduates  ]
[ Niigaki to leader ]================================[ This broadcast ]============[Michishige to leader]
[    Sato joins     ]                                [                ]            [                    ]
                                   6 mo                                    2 mo

*Thx to maxperkins84 from H!O

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
Evolution Maachan solo angle
モーニング娘。'14 ~エヴォリューション~ ( 佐藤優樹ソロ )—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

What is something from your experience in New York that you want to bring back with you to Japan?

Satou: New York’s… electricity?

The electricity?!

Satou: Um, after we all had our concert, when we came out of the theater, right there was this amazing light!

Kudou: The neon?

Satou: Neon? Like, the videos and stuff, the huge cola! The billboards that can show anything! Every day would be a party! With all the food carts, it would be like a party or festival every day! That’s what I’d really like to go home with.

JPHiP Interview: Morning Musume。’14 @ New York City
http://jphip.com/jphip-interview-morning-musume-14-new-york-city/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:12:50 PM by oaxiac »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »
^ Maachan never fails to impress :lol:

I liked the lights too :twothumbs
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »
Zukki and Maachan are both down. :(

From H!O's Twitter:
Suzuki Kanon has a sprained ankle and torn ligament. She's out of commission for at least six weeks.
- http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2046656/full/
- https://twitter.com/hello_online/status/549588453906980864

Sato Masaki also has a (milder) sprain and will restrict her activities to only singing, no dancing.
- https://twitter.com/hello_online/status/549588630713667584

EDIT: Follow-up/More info...

Morning Musume '14's Suzuki Kanon & Sato Masaki suffer injuries during practice
December 29, 2014

On December 29, it was announced on Morning Musume '14 official blog that member Suzuki Kanon (16) sprained her left ankle during practice, and she was diagnosed with ligament rupture which will take 6 weeks to heal.

Fellow member Sato Masaki (15) also felt pain in her right knee, and was diagnosed with a mild sprain.

Because of that, Suzuki will not be able to participate in "Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2014 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~" which will be held on the 31st, and Sato will be participating only for the singing part.

Additionally, Suzuki will also cancel her appearances in "Hello! Project 2015 WINTER ~DANCE MODE!~/ ~HAPPY EMOTION!~" (to begin on January 2) for a while in order to concentrate on treatment. Sato, on the other hand, will appear both for singing and performing after consulting with a doctor.

Source: Oricon
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/12/morning-musume-14s-suzuki-kanon-sato-masaki-suffer-injuries-during-practice-

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:01:58 PM by JFC »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2015, 08:25:38 PM »
Morning Musume ’15 no Morning Jogakuin ~Houkago Meeting~ (2015.01.03)

Self-control - Effort - Growth = 0
   :?
When asked what her personal New Year's resolution is, Maa-chan started off by saying "self-control"(我慢, can also be "patience"). She then went on to ask if it's okay to say something difficult, since it's a self-interpretation. The others said it's fine and that they'll do their best.

The mathematical formula Professor Satou discovered is: Self-control - Effort - Growth = 0

"Therefore, you go and add to the opposite side with that", Satou explained. "What about equal? There's no equal?", Kudou asked. Satou said it equals "achievement"(達成); in other words, the right side of the equal sign is where you put what you want to achieve. Satou reminded, "What's added, you minus that part." "When you bring it to the opposite side," clarified Satou. And her example, "With regards to Growth(成長), Effort(努力) is necessary. With Effort, Self-control is necessary; is how it is."

Iikubo finally got it and went, "Ohhh...", laughing towards the end, while applauding. "Amazing!", she exclaimed. Maa-chan also broke out laughing. "Philosophy huh?", Iikubo commented. "Wait, seriously, Maa-chan's a genius!", Iikubo stated. "I really think so too—", Oda agreed. Iikubo again injected with, "Amazing." "—I think Satou-san's a genius", Oda finished. "She's amazing, right?", Kudou concurred, "well thought of, right? —this thing." "Amazing", Iikubo echoed again. ^_^ "Masa, the whole time, with this, you know the whole time, Masa, this year, start of this year, I've been thinking this the whole time", Satou revealed.

"Maa-chan, you've changed haven't you, in 2015", Iikubo expressed. "You're kidding, it's still 2014 isn't it? Ah, that's right; it's 2015", Satou realized, before laughing. "In terms of the broadcast", Ishida clarified. "Well certainly, certainly the recording is perhaps a bit before though", Ishida added. "The recording is like that. But very nice. Very cool!", Iikubo still impressed by Satou. "No, I get the feeling Maa-chan changed after the 12th gen", Kudou proposed. "She changed", Ishida commented. Oda agreed. "She changed, right?", Iikubo concurred. "Seriously?", Satou asked. "It's good", Ishida said, while Iikubo answered, "Yeah, very." "It's cool", Ishida added. "You're kidding", Satou replied. "I think the current Maa-chan is shining", Iikubo confessed. Satou cracked up, followed by others—including Iikubo. "Mama?" Oda quipped. Iikubo, voice gradually breaking out like she's about to cry, bantered, "Gosh, from here on out I'll be watching you grow..." Laughter abounds.

For those that still don't understand the formula:
If Growth is your achievement, for example, algebriacally you add Growth to both sides of the equal sign; which maintains the equation as being equal. The result would be Self-control and Effort being on the left—which means that both are required in order to achieve Growth. Conversely, you need Effort and Growth for Self-control; and for Effort, Self-control and Growth.

*Thx to simplemindead'15 from H!O

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2015, 06:55:07 AM »
Maachan singing "Ai no Sono"

Quote from: Amped from JPLOP
a writer for News Dwango site, says the key to Morning Musume. '15's success after Sayumi's graduation is..Sato Masaki, Tsunku's hidden potential genius.

http://news.dwango.jp/?itemid=15514

:huhuh

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »
^Nice compilation, Chibs!

Henkka translated a couple of threads about the musical of genius of  佐藤優樹♀ AKA Sato-P  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Maa-chan made a CD for the 12th gen to train their sense of rhythm

Quote from: Nonaka
    Sato-san often teaches us 12th gen proper dance steps and ways of keeping the beat.
    A while back she even made us a CD to practice our sense of rhythm with. (;_;)
    Her kindness knows no limits. (;_;)

http://ameblo.jp/mm-12ki/entry-11981149119.html

Oda Sakura:“Lately Sato-san is constantly making music when she’s at home. It’s like her side job.”

Oda:

The genius of Sato. Lately she’s always making music when she’s at home. It’s almost like a side job for her. She does programmed drum beats, EDM, vocal things, key modulations… she says stuff like “if you lower this sound and raise this one, you can really hear the rhythm.” Our manager asked her to make something for the 12th gen to practice their sense of rhythm with, and already the next day she came in, having made it. She was laughing and saying that at her next birthday event she’s going to come on stage using her self-composed music as her entrance music.

The musical genius of Maa-chan
http://wotaintranslation.com/2015/02/09/the-musical-genius-of-maa-chan/

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:48:59 PM by oaxiac »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsuchiya Anna - Blood On Blood