JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Toumei Shoujo

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 759431 times)

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1920 on: January 19, 2013, 08:29:43 PM »

No, they are not Idoling!!! members  :lol:

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1921 on: January 20, 2013, 11:16:02 PM »

No, they are not Idoling!!! members  :lol:
This was really fun to watch, the 3 of them have some fun chemistry together XD And their acting was absolutely hilarious, Umeko was losing it, she was laughing so hard. Is this part of the ARG stuff? I have trouble telling what is all part of that whole thing, since the "laboratory-m.com" stuff keeps popping up.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:36:37 PM by AEUGNewtype »

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1922 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »

hmm... I didn't it was on On Demand.

"...Ton-chan should graduate this year. Amimi next 2 years. Rurika next year. Sakacchi next 2 years."

Prepare yourself people. :(

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1923 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:45 PM »

hmm... I didn't it was on On Demand.

"...Ton-chan should graduate this year. Amimi next 2 years. Rurika next year. Sakacchi next 2 years."

Prepare yourself people. :(
I don't think this necessarily means these people will actually graduate at this exact time, it was just a kind of prediction thing. The looks on Ruri's face during this are priceless  :lol:

Also, damn it. Someone has one of those shirts they wore at the 1st gen Reunion SP with Masuno's drawings of them as old men up on Y!JA but its sooooo expensive :( I'd like to own a piece of that history
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:42:57 PM by AEUGNewtype »

Offline anarchangelic

« Reply #1924 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »
The reunion episode was indeed an awesome thing. It was great to see Rumi again as I had heard in advance that she would not be able to appear, so that was a great surprise. This episode of course also makes me think about the concept of graduations, and I'm sure some of the girls are too. It especially seems that Tonooka is on the verge of declaring it, after seeing all the other from 1st gen that are gone.

In terms of that recent episode as show above: as much as I have not belief in fortune telling, zodiac astrology or anything like that which givest that guy his job, lol, I do in theory agree with most of his predictions on the simple level. If Idoling!!! is due to still be around in mid-2014, I believe then that every 1st gen should be graduated by that point. Tonooka first, Ruri next, and lastly Endo (simply so that there is only one change of leadership to deal with).

Then regardless of numbering, I believe Kikichi should be the next leader. No way to Umeko, and as as much as I personally like Serina, no way to her either, it would not work, same with Asahi for different reasons, and no to Hitomi just based on the fact that she would probably be the first of the 2nd gen remaining to go, so no use making her leader for a short time. Kikuchi is their best chance at outside recognition these days anyways, and I would try to use that as soon as possible if I was in their management by formally locking her in as leader.

So that part of the prediction I don't agree with. Only if Idoling!!! still exists in 5 years would I consider Ami's time up, otherwise she should ride as leader until they disband (if that's ever due to happen; who knows since they have such a TV station-based support where sales don't really seem to matter that much anyway).

Anyone else have an opinion on who should be next leader, and when that should happen?

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1925 on: January 23, 2013, 01:04:34 AM »
I watched the Zepp tour concert Blu-ray last night and I did have a few of these kinds of thoughts pop up. Not only because she's my favorite, but I was really struck by Maipuru's presence. The disc is about 2.5 hours long and there is VERY little MCing, just a LOT of music performances, and it really hit me how much of an integral part of Idoling!!!'s sound that she is. It really makes me unsure of how their future would carry on musically after she is gone. There is honestly NO ONE in Idoling who even comes close to having the power or quality of voice that she has that could fill her solo lines in future performances. There just is no one. As much as I like a lot of the other 2nd-5th gen girls and enjoy their voices, there is NO way to replace her within current members. The only way I could see it being acceptable in the future is literally just to not perform songs that have Mai solos in them, but then that would leave them with a LOT less songs to perform.

It got me feeling a little uneasy thinking about it, and just wondering if anyone had thought about this as well to such a degree. Even to a lesser degree, Tonchan and Ruri are similar, but not quite as irreplaceable. Those two are very memorable and have stand-out voices, but I think they COULD be replaced if a few of the girls really just ramped up their vocal training enough, but no current members will be able to reach the level of Mai to be a suitable replacement.

It would be even more awkward if management realizes this (which they probably already have) and tries to fill her position by hiring a new girl just for vocal talent, but then that girl would get an awkward amount of extra attention and pressure because of this fact. I really wonder how things will proceed, but I'm not actually worrying about it since it is likely still a while off before she is gone, but you can't help but think.

What does everyone else think?

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1926 on: January 23, 2013, 02:05:02 AM »
I agree that Mai has an outstanding voice.

I would think Idoling!! the act would survive just as Morning Musume has survived. Morning Musume does not compare with the un-nameable group with three letters/two digits in record sales, but they fill up concert halls all year long with loyal fans. MM has good voices in the group now, but they have seen some outstanding voices graduate in the past.

Fans may come and go as their own favorites leave, but the company behind the group always faces the task of generating new fans, and if one area is weakened, then you push some other aspect, such as the comedy, or sub groups, etc, and then you work hard to develop the other voices. Not easy at all, when you are talking about trying to keep close to Mai, but possible.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1927 on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:33 AM »
If all 1st generation members graduate, I believe everyone will grow rapidly.
That's why I rather curious if all 1st generation graduate. In fact, I wish for it.
Maipuru was not much a reliable person until Saya-nee graduated. She has grown so much after she was appointed to be the leader.
See also Kaede changed when she is in ChocoLe.

========== First, let me state that I'm talking more about the tv show, not just skills on stage.

I believe Amimi is the best candidate for next leader. She could change Idoling!!! to the next level. Maipuru is rather an iconic leader that the group can rely on, while Amimi is full of idea, breakthrough, and most importantly, she has a lot of connections now that the group could use. Also she knows everyone's potential. Plus LesPros could become a powerful support for the group and is not over-protective to Amimi, not even to Ai-chan that even though she has become JJ model she can still go crazy.

Let's say if Rurika will stay for a few more years, she is good. Ogipro is not that over-protective to her, she is ok with dirty talk lately and she is funny. But I think she will end up to be just iconic leader like Maipuru. The group will never grown. Stagnant.

Let's say if Ton-chan will stay for a few more years, she is also a good candidate but her agency will surely over-protective. Plus she will go blind on dirty-talk topic, where Maipuru is famous of, where (I believe) the group is famous of (thanks to Masuno). But she has idea and breakthroughs.

Umeko and Sakacchi are lacking charisma, leadership aura. Hii-chan might be the real leader behind the scene right now, the only member who can yell to her juniors, the only member who can drive her juniors to run faster, but she is clumsy and moody.

Ai-chan probably just too young, but she is definitely the best 4th leader candidate. Asahi and Yurippe are definitely not on my list right now, probably not in lifetime.

===================

Talking about skills, Kadosawa P said "there will be no replacement for anyone". Clearly he is not going to get best singer out from audition to replace Maipuru or Ton-chan or Rurika. I enjoyed their chaotic Yarakai Heart, Love Magic Fever, Shokugyo idol anyway. He just got lucky out of 50 applicants, not to mention he had Shioya D back then. (I can still enjoy Tokyo Joshiryu for skills)
Idoling!!! is the group that frequently performs with 5-10 members, shuffling them. And without best singer, future songs will be balance to everyone. Everyone can perform any song. I rather choose that compared to now that some songs can be oblivious without Maipuru Tonchan Rurika.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:34:47 AM by SuzukiRyo »

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1928 on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:32 AM »
I would think Idoling!! the act would survive just as Morning Musume has survived. Morning Musume does not compare with the un-nameable group with three letters/two digits in record sales, but they fill up concert halls all year long with loyal fans. MM has good voices in the group now, but they have seen some outstanding voices graduate in the past.
I would normally mostly agree with what you said, but if you look at MM's music, they have a very different structure of music from what Idoling!!! does, and this could be a blessing and a curse. MM does not have songs that so strongly feature a certain member doing stand-out solo lines in a showcase like Idoling and build whole songs largely around that person's tone and voice. MM's songs (probably intentionally so) are made to be able to have other people sing it and have the song recycled later, but a lot of Idoling's music is more specifically crafted to use certain girls strengths or unique voices, to the point where a lot of their songs will be extremely hard to replicate using other girls voices. Most of MM's solos (which aren't common to begin with) are very replaceable or just ridiculous speaking lines or something, nothing with the likes of Idoling's uniqueness.

They do shuffles of Idoling songs sometimes, like I have heard Rurika do a few Mai solos at some concerts before, and it sounded kind of passable, but very off-putting, even though she's the next best candidate to cover Mai's sound. A large amount of the shuffle stuff I've seen is some stuff that doesn't have many Mai solos, they probably try to stay away from those songs when shuffling as much as possible. To a lesser extent, consider a song like "Stay with Me" being sung by 2 girls who aren't Ruri and Tonchan. There are just certain qualities about that sound that are very closely associated with their particular timbre and projection or the way 2 or more girls' voices harmonize or blend with each other. A song like Makehende is made very much with Okawa, Yurippe and Suu's voice in mind, though Suu's is the most replaceable (she's one of the worst singers the group has had, technically speaking, and just had a cute, high voice, which is common in idols,) which is why the few live performances of it that I've seen without her don't affect the sound of the song as much

I can't comment much on Ryo's post, as the show isn't nearly as important to me as the music is, so I don't think about that so much.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1929 on: January 23, 2013, 03:19:14 AM »
Meanwhile...

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1930 on: January 23, 2013, 05:30:15 AM »
The first one was Umeko, right? Were the other 2 girls even from Idoling or just other people involved with this? I couldn't tell cause of the darkness..

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1931 on: January 23, 2013, 06:05:28 AM »
Research Assistant #12
Office Lady #21
Miko #27

http://laboratory-m.com/top-chara/

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1932 on: January 23, 2013, 07:10:24 AM »
Damn, I KNEW that 2nd one had to be Kaede, haha. The voice was a dead giveaway, you just couldn't see anything. This video was great, though!

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
« Reply #1933 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:25 PM »
Personally, I think that they need to spread the solo's out. Most of the Solo's are done by Mai-puru which means that when she does graduate they will have to rework loads of songs. The latest single is a good start for not relying on the 1st Gen, but even then they made a song just for them.
I'd like to see others given a chance to do solo's, even if it is just on a b-side track to help any future transitions.
Regarding Suu-chans voice, I always thought that she was better suited for slower songs like Makehende rather than fast paced ones like Bakyuun. It was almost as if she had less control over her voice the faster she sang, a slower pace gave her better control.
I just remembered that ther was something I've been meaning to rip for ages, anyone interested in a copy of Gekidan Idoling!!!

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1934 on: January 23, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
^ sure. I was searching for the gekidan.

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
« Reply #1935 on: January 23, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »
I'll see about geting it ripped this week then and upload it somewhere.

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1936 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »
Personally, I think that they need to spread the solo's out. Most of the Solo's are done by Mai-puru which means that when she does graduate they will have to rework loads of songs. The latest single is a good start for not relying on the 1st Gen, but even then they made a song just for them.
I'd like to see others given a chance to do solo's, even if it is just on a b-side track to help any future transitions.
Regarding Suu-chans voice, I always thought that she was better suited for slower songs like Makehende rather than fast paced ones like Bakyuun. It was almost as if she had less control over her voice the faster she sang, a slower pace gave her better control.
I never really looked at it from an angle of speed, though it may be a factor. Every time I watch concerts from when she was still there, though, whenever she's involved in even like a 2-4 girl part and singing with a few other girls, her voice sticks out like a sore thumb and is more often than not, extremely off key and wobbly. Manami is another whose voice tended to stick out in a bad way when singing with a few other people. I loved both of their personalities, but as far as singing, I can do without either of them being around

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1937 on: January 23, 2013, 07:39:18 PM »
in regards of the future leader issue,

I personally prefer they go back to their old identity with no leader at all, in which Saya-nee is supposed to be the self-proclaimed leader and not the official leader. It does make the group more fun somewhat and it makes a good topic to talk about whenever they go on another TV show. I was personally quite taken aback when Maipuru was announced to be the leader of the group when the 3 1st gen graduated, not because I don't think that she's not suitable but because it kinds of go against the original image of idoling to me. But if they indeed need to pick a leader, the only one that fits for the role would be Amimi only I guess.

For as much as I love Umeko, she's too childish for the role and Sakacchi just cannot control the group. The rest of the members are just out of the questions for me.

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1938 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »
I think Maipuru is doing some heavy ass drugs right now LOL. She's been talking about having hallucinations on Twitter for the last 24 hours, and mentioning that she is considering some "major life decisions." This doesn't sound good.  :?

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1939 on: January 23, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »
I still don't get what that 『Mのスマイルゼリー研究所』 is all about... :? Anyone care to give me the gist of it? :nervous

ARG = Alternate Reality Game
The whole thing is a real time game where fans can join, http://laboratory-m.com/
sometimes directly involved with the members.
searching things, sending things, tweeting things, etc. https://twitter.com/LaboM_doll
This is a research to make Smile Jelly, a jelly that can make people smile. Lead by researcher "M" (Masuno  :lol: ) http://laboratory-m.com/top-chara/

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Toumei Shoujo