JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - D.T.S

Author Topic: More Than One Story...[111016 Loving You Forever]  (Read 236760 times)

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
  • GakiKame now and forever
Re: More Than One Story... [Glass Slipper: Chapter 11 - Devoted]
« Reply #360 on: March 08, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »
Woah, I missed reading Not Like This?!?!  :shocked
I fail as a fan V___V
Meh, I was asleep and my computer was off so there was no way that I could have known! *starts making excuses*
 :kneelbow:

OMG that is the best present! Just be careful; I've been known to give "special" and "special special" hugs :twisted:

Aww~ GakiKame is so cute  :wub:
I have to say that I do feel sorry for Ai-chan......
LOL I love how you added in Eri's rice story :lol:

At the cost of Eri being disowned? ¥1,000,000,000? They'll be left alone if they never see each other again? :dizzy:

The beginning has me stumped  ;)
OMG Taka! :cry: I cannot even begin to imagine how angsty this is going to get! Aww, Aika's trying to help him. But this is only going to make matters worse...
 :shocked
I HATE ERI'S FAMILY
A LOT
REALLY
OMG THAT GRANDMOTHER IS REALLY OFF OF HER ROCKER
LITERALLY
THEY ARE SO BREAKING THE LAW.
 :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gaki is the best guy in the world! GAKIKAME SHALL PREVAIL.

(You've gotten me all worked up Hamzy.... :doh: )
Oh, and no, I'm not going ;___; I'm going to Japan when they leave....  :angry: That means I can't see concerts or anything! Damn my stupid karma!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:40:32 PM by KonaKaga »

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #361 on: March 08, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
Good luck with all your projects and stuff, Hammy!! Ganbare~ :heart:
Oh so if I guess that the first part is about Lin Lin and Reina's papa meeting, will I be right? :lol:
Aww, Aika trying to protect Taka~~
Oh God, Eri's still...like that. :cry: I'm going to assume that she doesn't know that it was Taka specifically. All she knows is that someone did that to her and she semi-went along with it. Wow, Gaki is a great guy, foreal. I think I'm in love too.... :heart:

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2009, 05:46:26 AM »
:stoned:

Oh the drama!...

I had no clue what the first part was about cuz.. well you know why.. good thing the comments made me understand a little heh :P 

Aika!! Aika kakkoii~!!! Go ahead and protect poor Taka! Sometimes lying makes things better I guess? But I'm guessing the secret will soon leak out sooner or later... knowing you it's probably gonna be sooner.

And nooooooo!! ERIIIII!! Or GAKI!!... This is so drama can! Argh stupid stubborn-old-ugly-piece-of-crabcakes-poop granny. I'm quite amazed tho, how the servant could whack someone without feeling guilty at all.. Ah wells GANBARE GAKI! ... AND ERI!

So did you end up finishing your tutorial? Ahh just go to school and copy from tt lion hair friend of yours XD Or skip the tutorial class so ya don't have to face e lect hah... ok I AM bad influence on ya...

COOL! how rare for me to comment so much~ Aren't ya happy? XD

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2009, 11:43:34 AM »
oohhh.
AWWW!
GakiKame!!!  :wub: Gaki-san~ T.T
so evil!  :tama-mad:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »
Glass Slipper
Chapter 11 - Devoted

The sound of his breathing rang loudly in his ears and he could feel his heart about to explode in his chest. Ducking into the first alley that he encountered, he slinked into the shadows, praying that the pack of attackers on his tail would miss this particular route.
Ehhhhhhhhhhh??? :o

*Smack*

"You...you.. insufferable being!"

Placing a hand on his stinging cheek where a bump was rapidly emerging, he flashed an amused smirk at the feisty dishwasher.

"I won't forget your help. If you ever get into trouble, just say that you know Tanaka Hiroto."
Hiroto? Reina's dad? :?

OSHIT! He's remembering when he first met Linlin!!!

"I... vi..vio--la--ted... Kamei-san."

Taka spoke so softly and his voice trembled so much that it was barely above a whisper.

"Kamei-san? Eri-neechan?"

Her ears must be playing tricks on her. They must be! Aika couldn't believe what she was hearing and for a split second, she wondered if there had been a mistake. Unfortunately, the choked sobbing emitted by Taka confirmed her fears. Instead of finding out the cause of the dire situation or ways to redeem it, Aika suggested an entirely different solution.

"Does Eri-neechan know.. you...were...the one?"

"I---I.... do---nnnn't think so. I left.. before she woke up."
* JFC hears the whistling noise of bombs falling.
:cry:

Aika tried to bring him out of his stupor. She had to make sure nobody ever found out what Taka did to prevent a bigger tragedy from taking place. Her brother and Eri must never discover Taka was the perpetrator.

"You were with me. You never left my side the whole of last night."
Her intentions may be good, but this can't lead to anything other than compounding the impending disaster.

*GAKI PROTECTS ERI*
HOLY SHIT GRANNIE!!!
:mon scare:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed to do that. School work plus my job is driving me crazy :doh:  Since I find writing an incredible way of relieving stress, here is the next chapter. I don't think I've updated so quickly before :lol: Another thing that keeps my mind off unhappy stuff is reading all the beautiful comments in here :oops: Domo Arigatou!!! Will reply to them soon :)

-----

Glass Slipper
Chapter 12 - Promise

~Flashback~

''Baba-chan."

A young boy scurried over to the woman in her seventies, standing forlornly by the edge of a pond as she looked anxiously into the depths of the murky water.

"What are you doing?"

His big brown eyes shining with curiosity, he squatted down at the woman's feet, watching intently as she removed her footwear. Noticing his behavior, she smiled at him, patiently explaining her actions.

"Oba-chan has dropped a ring into the pond and has to retrieve it."

"Is it important?"

"Very."

Nodding his head to show that he understood, the little boy walked a few steps towards the mucky pond and before the old lady realized what was going on, he jumped into the water with a splash. Bending down and feeling around the bottom of the man-made lagoon, he searched resolutely for the missing jewelry. Left standing by herself in the adjoining rock garden, the woman stared in astonishment when she realized what the youngster was doing.

"The weather is cold. Baba-chan must not go into the water."
The unexpected kind gesture from a child so young greatly touched the woman and when he successfully located the ring and climbed back onto shore, she observed a long scar on his forearm when he held it out to return the item.

“Do you live here?"

"Yes."

Accepting the precious ring gratefully, she studied him from head to toe, concluding that he was about 10 to 12 years old.

"How did you get the scar?"

"I hurt myself helping father with some work."

Her admiration for the lad raised a few more notches when she heard the cause of his injury. It was rare for children these days to willingly assist their parents in any kind of work. Let alone a boy with his family background. As the sole heir of the Takahashi family, he was destined to inherit the empire which controlled the majority share of the electronics market in many parts of Japan. As a public listed company, its stocks enjoyed high transaction rates at extraordinary prices.

Before she had a chance to speak to him more, he ran off, citing having more chores to attend to. Watching his narrow frame disappear around a row of bushes, Kamei Sayuri made a decision. She would request for the two families to join in marriage and the arrangement would no doubt strengthen the power of both corporations. When her granddaughter Kamei Eri turned twenty, she would become a bride of the Takahashi household.

-----

Dashing as fast as his little legs could carry him, the boy ran to the back garden where the garage stood. Filling a plastic pail full with water, he dragged it with his bony but athletic arms to the nearest car. Dipping a wash cloth inside the bucket, he wringed it dry and cleaned at the bonnet of the vehicle. So engrossed in his work, he did not notice another person come up to him.

"Want help Oniiiichan."

Tiptoeing on her feet, the tiny girl tried to reach the windows of the passenger door but as she was still much too short, her fingers could not touch the glass panel. Seeing her stick her tongue out as she concentrated on stretching herself taller, the preteen set down the dripping cloth and wiped his filthy limps on the front of his shirt. Then placing his hands under her armpits, he raised her into the air, bouncing her up and down until she chuckled merrily.

"Isn't Aika a good girl."

~End of flashback~

She was so certain that the Takahashi boy would make a worthy husband for Eri after the encounter with him so many years ago. Coupled with his father's generous help when their company fell on hard times with the passing of Eri's dad, it was a debt which could only be repaid by her descendents. Thinking that the union of the Takahashi and Kamei clan would benefit both sides, she never would have guessed that the family she held in high esteem would resort to such despicable tactics. Spiking her beverage and subjecting Eri to an experience that was akin to raping her, Kamei Sayuri wept tears of regret and sorrow at literally destroying her only grandchild's life.

"Was I wrong right from the start?"

*Knock knock*

Quickly drying her tears, she adjusted her outfit before her deceased son's wife came into the room. Bowing respectfully then sitting down in the chair opposite her, she said.

"Mother, I have never questioned your choices. But this time, please allow me to say my piece."

After obtaining her permission to speak her mind, Kamei Keiko continued.

"I feel that that boy, Gaki, is a kind person. He would treat Eri-chan well. After everything that she gone through, Eri-chan deserves to be happy. Please mother... I beg you!"

Her lips were pursed into a single straight line and she remained silent, pondering on the series of affairs leading up to the present.

"Bring me the phone."

-----

Eri!

Sitting up straightaway after he regained consciousness, the first thought which entered his mind was Eri's safety. At the risk of aggravating his wounds, Gaki winced as he tried to get off the bed he was lying on. His weak body could not handle any large movements so soon prior to receiving a substantial recovery period hence it was not a surprise that his legs buckled under him. Fortunately, someone was at close range to catch him before he hit the floor.

"You should be resting."

Frowning at him in exasperation, Eri helped him back to the bed. Unbuttoning his shirt from the top down, she slipped the garment off, applying antiseptic lotion with a wad of cotton wool onto the numerous lacerations caused by the blunt trauma.

"Are you alright?"

Looking at her face, Gaki enquired, concern evidently laced in his voice.

"I should be asking you that. How are you feeling?"

Biting onto her quivering lower lip, tears were on the verge of spilling from Eri's eyes when she saw the crusted clots still visible at the edge of his lips and the numerous wounds on his battered body.

"I'll live."

His humorous reply in an attempt to allay her fears only made her feel worse that she was the reason for his extensive injuries.

"What happened to your neck?!"

Frantic with worry when he spotted a thin line of red some distance away from her collarbone, Gaki asked, nearing his head to take a closer look. Taking a piece of cotton soaked in medical solution to clean the cut, he blew at it gently to sooth the stinging sensation.

"I had to do something to stop them."

She explained how she had whipped out the switch knife she had secretly hidden in her pocket, pointed the blade at her neck and taken the drastic measure of threatening to kill herself so that her family would cease the senseless beatings.

"Don't EVER harm yourself for my sake. I'll rather die than let you get hurt."

At hearing his words, Eri threw her arms around his bruised torso and released the flood of tears she had been holding back.

"Don't say things like that! I could never continue living if you were not by my side."

Sobbing agitatedly, Eri's trembled uncontrollably and she increased her hold on Gaki, desperate to convey to him her innermost feelings. It was true, if anything untoward happened to him, she would surely die.

"Hush now, nothing could make me leave you."

Separating herself from his embrace, Eri searched his warm honey brown orbs for an answer.

"Promise?"

"If I lie, Eri-chan will turn into a turtle."

His mischievous grin earned him a light smack on the arm. Yet after her punishing him for making fun of her, she held him once more, burrowing her face into his shoulder.

"Why are you smiling?"

He already knew the exact expression she had on even without looking at her features.

"How did you know I was smiling?"

Incredulous that he could tell her actions at the drop of a hat, Eri lifted her eyes to gaze at his profile, all the while not removing her head from his sturdy shoulder.

“I just do. Well?"

"This is the first time you've referred to me as Eri-chan. And... I like it."

A light blush appeared on her face and she lowered her eyes, too embarrassed to look at him directly. Resting his head on hers, Gaki whispered softly into her ear as he rocked her tenderly from side to side.

"Eri-chan, Eri-chan.. Eri-chan."

Hearing him call her name repeatedly in such an adoring manner, Eri giggled with pleasure, tracing with her finger the scar on his arm. She was glad there were no secrets between them and that they knew practically every detail about the other. Trivia including how he had gotten the scar as a child and how many chicken pox marks she has as a result of contracting the disease at age two.

Recalling his earlier promise, she beamed happily, momentarily forgetting about the troubles that they faced. Their pact was like one cast in stone, one which Eri knew Gaki would not betray. And similarly, she would not remain by herself on this Earth without him.

-----

"This stack of dishes is done! I'll do the next basin now!"

Hollering to the boss of the Chinese restaurant, the dishwashing lady bent down to lift another heavy bucket filled to the brim with soiled cutlery. All prepared to go through more back breaking hours in the dingy alley behind the shop, she huffed and puffed as she lugged the pail outside. Unexpectedly, she was halted before she could exit the back door.

"You don't have to do these anymore. Leave such chores to the others."

Subsequently taking her by the elbow, the gruff looking man with a pot-belly led her to the sitting area of the restaurant and sat her down at one of the tables.

"Boss?"

Shocked that she was not yelled at for moving slowly in completing the endless mounts of dishes and even allowed to sit where customers were, her mouth hung open with disbelief.

"He is no longer the boss. You are."

Twirling around in her chair to face the owner of the voice, she was stunned further when she recognized the person sitting across her.

"You!"

Brushing off her rude greeting, if that were to even constitute as one, he played with a cigarette lighter, producing a flame at periodic intervals.

"From today, you don't have to serve any customer except for me."

The former employee of the Chinese restaurant regained her composure swiftly and closed her mouth. Then glaring defiantly at the cocky man, she challenged.

"Why should I obey you?"

"Because like this shop, you now belong to me... Qian Lin."

-----

Tugging at the telephone and snapping the cord with heated fury, the man in his late forties threw the gadget against the wall on the far end with all his might, shattering it to a dozen pieces. This was followed by pushing his arms over the desk in the office, sweeping every item placed on it to the floor with a deafening crash.

"THAT BL**DY OLD HAG!!! She was the one who wanted me to ensure nothing would interfere with the marriage plans. Now she's blaming me for her granddaughter's predicament?!"

The evil uncle of Taka was so antagonized and enraged that he swore revenge. Irate that Kamei Sayuri was withdrawing all funds that were to be injected into Takahashi Inc., he plotted to obtain the funds through another method.

"Don't blame me for doing this. You forced my hand."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:48:51 PM by lil_hamz »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: More Than One Story... [Glass Slipper: Chapter 12 - Promise]
« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
Oh wow, NOW I get why Eri's grandma is so against the idea of Eri being with Gaki. It's not b/c she hates him, but b/c she's already intent on marrying Eri with Taka. And that's where the sex thing comes in. :sweatdrop: Doesn't Gaki call her grandma Baba-chan? :P But maybe Grandma has changed her mind? :w00t:
Nice to see some fluff, even though it comes with the fact that Gaki got beat up really bad and Eri threatened to kill herself.
OMG I bet it's Reina's papa!!!!
Uh oh, this is trouble. :shocked:

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2009, 02:45:15 PM »
wow!
i love those cute flashbacks!
aww, what happened to little Taka?

wow, Evil granny. XD alcohol XD

another GakiKame~  :twothumbs :wub: so sweeet!!  :wub:

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2009, 03:41:19 PM »
I haven't got much time so here's a quick comment, chapter 10: Oh. My. Gah. I can't believe you actually did that to kame  :shocked I was kinda in shock for a moment  :P.
Chapter 12: The boy who retrieved the ring was actually gaki-san but the grandma mistook him for taka right? I didn't notice at the Aika-part until I got to the end  :lol:

She was so certain that the Takahashi boy would make a worthy husband for Eri after the encounter with him so many years ago. Coupled with his father's generous help when their company fell on hard times with the passing of Eri's dad, it was a debt which could only be repaid by her descendents. Thinking that the union of the Takahashi and Kamei clan would benefit both sides, she never would have guessed that the family she held in high esteem would resort to such despicable tactics. Spiking her beverage and subjecting Eri to an experience that was akin to raping her, Kamei Sayuri wept tears of regret and sorrow at literally destroying her only grandchild's life.

"Was I wrong right from the start?"
I guess the grandma isn't that bad after all...I thought she was part of the plan to drug poor kame and  :smh

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2009, 05:41:26 PM »
Yeah, if I read that correctly, Eri's grandma mistook Gaki for Taka this entire time. Gaki was probably working for/around the Takahashi household as kid.

Ah, the world is so cruel. Wait till grandma finds out, I'm gonna lol.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »
So based on this chapter... It looks like Baba-chan has made a lot of mistakes. First off, she litterally f***ed up Eri's life and... Well, it seems that she may have mistaken Gaki for Taka. After all, Gaki's family was always with Taka's, right? Especially with that part where Aika was helping - unless those two parts are completely different, then it was Gaki the whole time. I wonder what'll happen when/if Baba-chan finds out... (Yes, I feel bad for her now, so I'm calling her Baba-chan. :P But I was right in the thinking that it wasn't her who spiked Eri's drink. *feels glad for that* Or at least, I don't think I blamed her. *scratches head*)

And the GakiKame... Oh the GakiKame... *melts* So damn lovely... :wub: I feel all warm and cozy now. :D

:OMG: WTF IS TAKA'S UNCLE GONNA DO!?!?!

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »
*dead*

*still dead*

OMG GAKIKAME RABU RABU OVERLOAD! :wub: :wub: :wub:
Baba! What have you done? That was Gaki NOT Taka! :fainted:

HAMZY
HAMZY
HAMZY!!!! :bleed eyes:

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2009, 08:12:16 AM »
Grrr....I still hate that obaba.  So misguided...

I didn't believe for a second it was someone other than Gaki, thanks to your baba chan hint of course.  So I just couldn't believe the lady...how could she not ask the kids name <.<  Did it never occur to her, if he's all helpful, he just might be part of the help! >__<!

but yeah I don't like how she just assumed Gaki was Taka and then assumed a decade later that he's still the perfect match.  (well he is but still XD)

and then of course there's the beating.  That's just unforgivable.

the only redeeming thing about the lady was...she seemed like she was once nice in the past...and that she just might give Eri and Gaki a chance.  I can't wait til Gaki gets a chance to flash her his scar...or call her baba chan!

as for the uncle...he's still the lowest of the low...and not very bright.   If he actually thought his "plan" was a good one, then he's the biggest fool in the world.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #373 on: March 14, 2009, 05:58:36 PM »
See, the reason why I'm not replying to comments with this update is cuz I'm waiting till I've posted 3 chapters. 3rd times the charm no? LOL, I'm obviously making excuses here XD The real reason is, I've gotten fed up of writing reports so I've given myself about an hour to take a break and tada...out rolls this. I still appreciate your comments though so please don't stop them from coming. I will reply soon. I will... :P

-----

Glass Slipper
Chapter 13 - Offspring

The drawn curtains were split apart with a jerky pull to let in the brilliant rays from the midday sun. It was was high noon but an individual continued lying on the thick futon, having no intention of rousing. Rather than lazing in bed due to exhaustion, it was more of a situation where Taka was reluctant to wake up due to the fear of what he might face should he leave the mattress.

"You can't remain like this forever."

A muffled grunt was her only reply as the form on the bed burrowed his face further into the pillows stained with grime and alcohol. Heaving a disappointed sigh, Aika curled her fists into balls, digging her nails into the soft flesh. She hated feeling helpless. She had experienced it once before when her father was killed in a freak automobile accident along with Taka's parents and it was something she never wanted to go through again. However at this point in time, it was exactly what she was facing. She was powerlessness, unable to bring Taka out of the despair he was so obviously trapped in.

Deciding that she would stand by the man she had carried a torch for since she was a young child, renewed faith swelled within her and the burst of determination told her not to give up on him. Approaching the low bed in two steps, she tore at the soiled covers Taka had wrapped around himself flinging them to the floor in a pile.

"GET UP, NOW! Is this how you intend to make amends for your actions? Or do you think that Eri-neesan should be thankful that her first time was obtained by you?"

"NO! It wasn't...I didn't....it was a mistake!"

Getting up into a half sitting position, Taka shouted back at Aika, feeling hurt and lost that she would ever suggest such a thing. Though he did have a rather good impression of Eri from the first time he laid eyes on her and would consider her as someone he could develop a serious relationship with, he had banished those thoughts far from his mind when he discovered how intimate she and Gaki had become. If he had known in advance that she was the girl he was supposed to have sex with, he would have never gone along with his uncle's plan.

"It's not fair! Things aren't supposed to be like this."

As he continued mumbling and complaining about the state of affairs, Aika left the room briefly and returned within a minute, holding a large glass of water in her hand. Eying the dirty looking and unshaven man still wallowing in self-pity, she took aim and tossed the contents of the beaker at him.

"Newsflash Taka-sama, this world ain't fair. I thought you would have realized it the day we became orphans."

Leaving the room for a second time that afternoon, Aika let the door slam shut behind her. The episode had opened her eyes to one thing, that Taka was a person who would choose to run away in the face of adversity. Today, she realized that the Taka-sama she had admired for years was in actuality a coward who fell short of her expectations.

I was wrong about you.

-----

"Sayumi-chan, come on in."

Slipping off her shoes at the entrance of the Kamei home, Sayumi was both surprised and a little intimidated that the one showing her in was Eri's grandma and not one of the servants she had been accustomed to. In fact, her visitation to the house today was a result of the elderly woman making a phone call to personally invite her over.

"I hope you could spend more time with Eri-chan. She really needs you during this period."

Walking behind the eighty something year old woman, Sayumi quickened her pace to keep up. Something about her presence made her feel uncomfortable even though she had once mentioned how she had taken an instant liking to Sayumi as their names were extremely similar. Stopping outside Eri's bedroom door, Kamei Sayuri paused, turning to look at Sayumi.

"I am thankful that Eri-chan has a friend like you."

Filled with bewilderment and touched that the typically solemn woman would speak to her in this manner, Sayumi bowed, acknowledging the compliment.

-----

"Eririn?"

A flurry of noise could be heard emitting from behind the bathroom door and after a short duration, Eri appeared with puffy eyes and a runny nose.

"God, what happened to you?"

Picking up as piece of tissue paper from the box on the dresser, Sayumi wiped at the mucus about to drip from Eri's reddened nose and pulled her wrist gently in the direction of the bed.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just caught the bug."

Sayumi was a pretty good judge of character and she knew when a person was telling a lie. In this case, the added fact that she had known Eri for most of her life led her to the conclusion that the older girl was fibbing. However, being a discerning person, Sayumi knew when not to probe. In the current situation, it was pretty obvious that the matter troubling Eri was best left to be.

"You should take better care of yourself. Otherwise get Gaki to take care of all your needs. That's what boyfriends are for anyway."

The vibrant smile that surfaced on her face after his name was brought up demonstrated how reliant Eri was on Gaki. The mere mention of him was akin to a happy pill for the previously distraught female. Successful in lifting her spirits, Sayumi suggested that they watch a light-hearted film and pig out on junk food. It was a ritual that they had missed out on ever since they met the boys from 'Glass Slipper'.

Thrilled with the idea, Eri gathered an assortment of snacks and had some food prepared. The tray sent into the room held steaming white rice, green vegetables, a meat as well as a fish dish. Usually Sayumi was a fan of any type of seafood but this time, the pungent aroma entering her nose was too much for her to take. Feeling the sudden strong urge to retch, she scrambled for the bathroom, throwing up a mixture of barely digested popcorn and nachos.

"Sayu! Are you alright?"

Rubbing her back in short rhythmic motions, Eri tried to sooth the puking girl, offering a towel to clean her mouth when she was done hugging the toilet bowl.

"I might have caught the flu too."

Her lame reply made Eri grin and she made a face at her friend for copying her excuse. Helping her to her feet, Eri escorted Sayumi outside, making her sit down on the dresser chair.

"If Reina was the one vomiting, I would've thought she had gotten herself preggers."

Waiting for some form of response from Sayumi, Eri stared down at the taller girl until Sayumi obliged with a hearty chuckle. Satisfied that her smart and humorous quip (in her opinion only) was appreciated, Eri  left the room in search of some umeboshi which she believed would quell her best friend's urge to barf. With Eri's departure, Sayumi sat alone in silence inside the spacious bedroom. Her thoughts could not help but return to the night prior to Kuu's flight to America. The scenes of him removing her gown and herself tearing at his shirt emerged in her mind. As the mental visage went further to focus on the actual "process," Sayumi covered her ears with her hands, squeezing her eyes shut at the precise moment when it happened.

I couldn't be pregnant...

-----

The monitor flickered when Sayumi ran the online messenger programme, waiting for her daily chat buddy to appear. In other words, someone whom she had to see and speak to everyday. A window popped up and she read the short message asking if it was okay to start the video conferencing now. Replying with a 'hai,' her eyes shined with anticipation as she clicked on the 'accept' command. Within moments, the darkened frame lit up to reveal Kuu's beaming face.

"How are you today usagi-chan?"

"Fine. And you?"

"Busy. The assignments are coming fast and furious. Also, my English language skills need a lot of brushing up."

"I see."

Noticing that she was quieter than normal, Kuu peered into the screen, noting the dark circles and bags beneath her usually lively eyes.

"Usagi-chan...do you have something on your mind?"

"No...why would you think that?"

In actuality, Sayumi was keeping something from him. Gripping onto the plastic piece she held with trembling hands below her work desk, cold sweat dripped from Sayumi's back and the droplets slid down her smooth skin, a telling sigh that she was extremely nervous.

*Knock knock*

"Hang on a moment."

Grabbing some papers from his table, Kuu pushed his roller chair backwards and headed for the door. There was a visitor and Sayumi could hear a coy female voice speaking.

"Oh Kuu, you're the best! I'll treat you to dinner tomorrow."

Settling back into the conversation after sending the woman away, Kuu seemed nonchalant about the interruption.

"Who was that?"

"A classmate. She asked to borrow my notes."

Having taken an immense dislike to the student whom she viewed as a threat, Sayumi muttered with annoyance.

"Borrowing something doesn't require payment in the form of a kiss does it?"

A shocked expression flashed across Kuu's features when he heard her curt tone. He had never seen her behaving like this and for a moment, he was baffled at the reason for her anger. Studying her pursed lips and the way she tilted her head at an angle, he soon realized just exactly what she was unhappy about. Michishige Sayumi has been struck by the green-eyed monster.

"Usagi-chan is jealous."

Riled up by his cheeky tone and greatly embarrassed that he saw through her so quickly, Sayumi slammed her palms on the table top agitatedly. Before she could argue that she was not feeling the least bit possessive, the pregnancy test kit she was grasping in her hand slipped from her fingers, clattering loudly across the table. Retrieving the longish apparatus in a fluster, Sayumi failed to hide the item from Kuu and he recognized what it was immediately.

"You're pregnant? Sayumi, are you pregnant?!"   

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Re: More Than One Story... [Glass Slipper: Chapter 13 - Offspring]
« Reply #374 on: March 14, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »
*stares at title*  Offspring  Eeeek....do I want to read?  ! but it's GS, I must! 

oh that Taka *shakes head*  At this point, he so doesn't deserve Reina at the end.  Not that I even think that's on the table anymore...  as for Aika... wow if the two of them got together at some point, I think Taka has to seriously live on a different continent if he wants to stay alive!  Do not go for the sister, Taka!  Do not go for the sister!  No matter how much she's into you!   :badluck:

Eeek...am I actually caring about the man again?  darn that Taka...he didn't even do anything to redeem himself yet *crosses arms*  I must resist forgiving you so early!

A flurry of noise could be heard emitting from behind the bathroom door and after a short duration, Eri appeared with puffy eyes and a runny nose.

oh!  Eri, you and I look the same XD  *sniffle sniffle* *cough* Darn that cold bug!   :grr:

Picking up as piece of tissue paper from the box on the dresser, Sayumi wiped at the mucus about to drip from Eri's reddened nose and pulled her wrist gently in the direction of the bed.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just caught the bug."

that obaba may be a little creepy when she's being nice but she's so right about Sayu.  Only Sayu would be willing to wipe Eri's nose...which is very awww in an eeew way XD

and darn that cold bug again! 

as for Sayu and Kuu and the little rabbit  :scared:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #375 on: March 14, 2009, 08:15:10 PM »
When I saw the chapter title I had a guess how it would turn out. XD Lol, turns out I was right... though not about the right character. XD This way is much better though... even though it leaves Kuu in a tough situation.

Also, if I'd go by what's been happening recently, if Taka deserves anyone it'd almost have to be Aika, however badly certain things might turn out with it... She definitely seems to care about him. Anyway, nice to see the relations between the characters a bit more since I haven't read the earlier chapters I suppose. :lol:

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »
 :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

This story just keeps wrapped up in more and more angst every chapter!
Baba is....better.
Taka needs to face Gaki like a man! Gaki has a big heart and will somehow find it within himself to forgive Taka! I hope...
Good to see that Eri is recovering... giving her Sayu will surely bring her out of the dumps  :twothumbs
BUT
It seems like Sayu is the one with the problem now...
ALTHOUGH
I wonder if she and Eri will become preggy buddies...?
*can't remember if Taka used protection :doh: *

Can't wait for the next update! I shouldn't really be the one saying that though  :sweatdrop:

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »
Glass Slipper
Chapter 12 - Promise

*FLASHBACK*
Huh...so...Taka helped Eri's grandma, and that's what made her come up with this arranged marriage between the two families?

Could it be then, that she feels like she somehow owes Taka because of that, and that THAT's why she's been so adamant about "Eri's purpose" while at the same time virtually ignoring the fact that it's making her miserable?

And AWWWWWWWWWW WIDDLE AIKA!
:wriggly:

Wait a sec.....Aika? She called the boy "Oniichan."  Aika hasn't called Taka that here in the chapters we've seen so far. :?

But then...that means............

Holy frak

:stunned:

Thinking that the union of the Takahashi and Kamei clan would benefit both sides, she never would have guessed that the family she held in high esteem would resort to such despicable tactics. Spiking her beverage and subjecting Eri to an experience that was akin to raping her, Kamei Sayuri wept tears of regret and sorrow at literally destroying her only grandchild's life.
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!??!??! WTF GRANNIE!!!!!
:mon wtf: :mon wtf: :mon wtf:

"Mother, I have never questioned your choices. But this time, please allow me to say my piece."

After obtaining her permission to speak her mind, Kamei Keiko continued.

"I feel that that boy, Gaki, is a kind person. He would treat Eri-chan well. After everything that she gone through, Eri-chan deserves to be happy. Please mother... I beg you!"

Her lips were pursed into a single straight line and she remained silent, pondering on the series of affairs leading up to the present.

"Bring me the phone."
This whole arranged marriage must have come as a surprise to Eri's mom as well, because it's hard to believe that she'd willingly go along with events as they had happened.

And man, if/when she finds out that grannie slipped Eri a spiked drink and what it lead to...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.  :bleed eyes:

"I had to do something to stop them."

She explained how she had whipped out the switch knife she had secretly hidden in her pocket, pointed the blade at her neck and taken the drastic measure of threatening to kill herself so that her family would cease the senseless beatings.

"Don't EVER harm yourself for my sake. I'll rather die than let you get hurt."
That must have been the wake-up call, wasn't it. To see how far Eri would go to stop them from hurting Gaki, to see what it meant for her to enter into a union that she didn't want...Grannie finally took a look and saw/realized what her plans had been doing to her family. Sure, she had only wanted to protect them all (especially Eri) and ensure that they wouldn't have to endure any hardships and what not, but what she didn't see was that in the process, she was destroying the very thing she wanted to protect.

She was glad there were no secrets between them and that they knew practically every detail about the other. Trivia including how he had gotten the scar as a child and how many chicken pox marks she has as a result of contracting the disease at age two.
That proves it! It wasn't Taka that helped her all those years ago, it was GAKI!!!

*CHINESE RESTAURANT SCENE*
*GASPS*

Reina's dad again?

*EVIL UNCLE*
Well, good for Grannie for calling off the arranged marriage.

What worries me now though, is what the evil Uncle's going to do next, and to whom he's going to do it.
:mon scare:

BTW, remind me, the evil uncle is involved in actually running the company, but is he related (family-wise) somehow to Taka and Gaki in any way?

Glass Slipper
Chapter 13 - Offspring

*TAKA-AIKA TALK*
Well, in Taka's defence, he's ridden with guilt here because he knows both people that he's wronged, and he knows just how much he's wronged them, and because of this he doesn't know how to deal with it.  In all likelihood he's probably had a pretty sheltered life, so he probably hasn't had to deal with many difficult/confrontational situations like this.  Be that as it may though, Aika's correct in that as hard as it is, Taka has to come forward and make things right.  Will things be difficult between he and Gaki when the latter finds out that he was the one who slept with Eri? Of course it will, especially given how they're such close friends. However, it would still be better for Gaki to find out about it from Taka himself, instead of from...say...the evil uncle. :yep:

Poor Aika though. Hell of a way to find out that the target of your hero worship is actually human...complete with human frailties and weaknesses. :(

"Sayumi-chan, come on in."

Slipping off her shoes at the entrance of the Kamei home, Sayumi was both surprised and a little intimidated that the one showing her in was Eri's grandma and not one of the servants she had been accustomed to. In fact, her visitation to the house today was a result of the elderly woman making a phone call to personally invite her over.

"I hope you could spend more time with Eri-chan. She really needs you during this period."
Trying to fix the mess you made Grannie? Nice try by inviting Sayu over, but it would be better if you went and apologized to Eri yourself and told her that the arranged marriage is cancelled.   :thumbdown:

Stopping outside Eri's bedroom door, Kamei Sayuri paused, turning to look at Sayumi.

"I am thankful that Eri-chan has a friend like you."

Filled with bewilderment and touched that the typically solemn woman would speak to her in this manner, Sayumi bowed, acknowledging the compliment.
Crap, Sayu doesn't know what happened, does she?  :-X

Sayumi was a pretty good judge of character and she knew when a person was telling a lie. In this case, the added fact that she had known Eri for most of her life led her to the conclusion that the older girl was fibbing. However, being a discerning person, Sayumi knew when not to probe. In the current situation, it was pretty obvious that the matter troubling Eri was best left to be.
That's what makes Sayu such an awesome friend. She knows when to push, and when not to. When Eri's ready, she knows she'll tell her.

Usually Sayumi was a fan of any type of seafood but this time, the pungent aroma entering her nose was too much for her to take. Feeling the sudden strong urge to retch, she scrambled for the bathroom, throwing up a mixture of barely digested popcorn and nachos.

"Sayu! Are you alright?"

Rubbing her back in short rhythmic motions, Eri tried to sooth the puking girl, offering a towel to clean her mouth when she was done hugging the toilet bowl.
Oh boy...could it be.... :huhuh

"If Reina was the one vomiting, I would've thought she had gotten herself preggers."

Waiting for some form of response from Sayumi, Eri stared down at the taller girl until Sayumi obliged with a hearty chuckle. Satisfied that her smart and humorous quip (in her opinion only) was appreciated, Eri  left the room in search of some umeboshi which she believed would quell her best friend's urge to barf. With Eri's departure, Sayumi sat alone in silence inside the spacious bedroom. Her thoughts could not help but return to the night prior to Kuu's flight to America. The scenes of him removing her gown and herself tearing at his shirt emerged in her mind. As the mental visage went further to focus on the actual "process," Sayumi covered her ears with her hands, squeezing her eyes shut at the precise moment when it happened.

I couldn't be pregnant...
*GASPS*
:scared:

*Knock knock*

"Hang on a moment."

Grabbing some papers from his table, Kuu pushed his roller chair backwards and headed for the door. There was a visitor and Sayumi could hear a coy female voice speaking.

"Oh Kuu, you're the best! I'll treat you to dinner tomorrow."

Settling back into the conversation after sending the woman away, Kuu seemed nonchalant about the interruption.

"Who was that?"

"A classmate. She asked to borrow my notes."

Having taken an immense dislike to the student whom she viewed as a threat, Sayumi muttered with annoyance.

"Borrowing something doesn't require payment in the form of a kiss does it?"
Oh yeah, mood swings. Definitely got a bun in the oven.
 :mon speechless:

Riled up by his cheeky tone and greatly embarrassed that he saw through her so quickly, Sayumi slammed her palms on the table top agitatedly. Before she could argue that she was not feeling the least bit possessive, the pregnancy test kit she was grasping in her hand slipped from her fingers, clattering loudly across the table. Retrieving the longish apparatus in a fluster, Sayumi failed to hide the item from Kuu and he recognized what it was immediately.

"You're pregnant? Sayumi, are you pregnant?!"
YABAI!!!
:dizzy:

It might not have happened the way she had hoped, but Sayu did the right thing by telling Kuu the truth.  He has as much of a right to know about this and to be involved, even with his current scholastic/geographic situation.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #378 on: March 15, 2009, 12:16:51 AM »
*reads title*

:shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

HAMMY STOP SCREWING WITH MY HEAD. I ALMOST THOUGHT IT WAS ERI!!!! *wails* But...but Sayu... :cry: How're Sayu and Kuu gonna manage now!? *worried about those two now* And Taka... Oh god, what's the man gonna do? Pull yourself together!! *roots for Taka even though she's still worried*

@JFC Evil Uncle is Taka's uncle, isn't he? :huhuh

EDIT: I have the feeling that when Baba comes to check up on/meet with Gaki, she's gonna find that scar... And have a heart attack.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 07:22:13 PM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #379 on: March 15, 2009, 03:40:55 AM »
Poor Aika, the guy she's looked up to all her life has finally shown his true colors. :(
Eri definitely needs Sayu now. After all Grandma has put her through. Uh oh...Sayu..... :shocked:
Aww, the fact that Sayu and Kuu are still raburabu is cute. Jeez, mood swings much? :lol: OMG....she's so pregnant isn't she?!?!?!?! That's gonna be one adorable baby. :wub:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - D.T.S