JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - Poison

Author Topic: Is Aya's solo career ending?  (Read 9831 times)

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Is Aya's solo career ending?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 05:43:42 PM »
Quote from: roninbuddha;335395
well, a bit sidetracked, but... i think, Aya is enjoying working as a part of GAM.

in that sense..., let her be..?

I think she is enjoying it too, from what it seems and so am I. They are definitely one of my favorite H!P groups. :D

Now, as Ayaya is also my favorite soloist, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt for her to release another single. But like most of you, once GAM album and tour are over and Miki takes over MM, I think she'll start doing a bit of solo work. She'll have more time that way at least.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 05:59:19 PM »
Quote from: claymore;335323
Gam helps miki more then it does aya. In the same way that def diva, and nun did more to help the other members in those groups. Aya is the only solo hp member that I like and seeing her in group after group bothers me. Because I think her talent is restricted in a group. She will probably be put into another group so ufa can get more people to kouhaku.

In-fucking-deed.

Lack of PBs (which is lotslotslots of profit), grouping, no solo songs, to me it looks like Ayaya's getting the short end of the stick. Now, this has nothing to do with how much she 'enjoys' being in GAM. But what UFA is doing with Ayaya now just seems to be like they're promoting Miki, making her more apparent to the public eye before she leads MM and eventually graduates.

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 02:08:18 AM »
^well, that's not too bad imo.
i mean, ayaya already has a strong prescence in the industry, and is well known already, so she kinda doesnt need such, exposure, i guess.

as for aya's career, well, let's just hope UFA still has plans for her solo...

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Is Aya's solo career ending?
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 03:13:12 AM »
She's gettin a new single in June, so nope, not over at all!  O0

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 12:02:18 PM »
We need more then one single this year. We need singles plus a album, and maybe a alo or love hello release. But we will probably just get more GAM releases or ayaya plus blah blah releases.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »
Lol claymore.

Ya, probably. But hey, one single's better than nothing. I guess.

Offline Parhelion69

• Kanashimi no RIZONANTO!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 02:18:17 PM »
Indeed, having one single is great, even if it's this year's only one. I'll take whatever has ayaya in it.

Problem is, ayaya is trying too hard to be a serious artist and dump the idol image, but it seems it happens only with her solo career, since GAM shows 'em as idols.

Maybe that switch to a serious artist was way too fast and radical, she used really lame outfits, covering her whole body like trying to hide any glimpse of a sexy girl. You can be serious and sexy at the same time, like ayu does sometimes. She's beautiful and has a great body, why hide it?

We have no idea what her image is gonna be on this single, and whether it's going to be a ballad (most probably), I just hope she just does something that is well received by fans.

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
I love her ballads and upbeat songs, I just hope this single regardless of it being either is a GOOD one, we've had to wait long enough for a new single. I enjoyed naked songs though, so I do appreciate her putting that out, I do have an appreciation for Jazz though so I guess a lot of the people that didn't like naked songs may not be too fond of jazz or what not.

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 09:20:27 AM »
My two cents

Gam rocks

And possibly the lighter singing load is because of her medical condition....Just a thought...

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 03:29:01 AM »
GAM sales are down. Even with the image change UFA is not promoting her the way she should be promoted. They should try to have her perform with other artists and work with other producers. Loan her to another record label like Sony or Avex so she has a chance to show her range. She has enough friends and people that like her in the business that might want to sing with her like: Gackt, Kinki Kids, Ken Hirai, AI, Koda Kumi, Aya Ueto, Puffy, Boa, and Shiina Ringo. She can't reach her potential doing hp songs unless she is allowed to work with lots of different producers. UFA has to realize that she is not a UFA or HP! princess she is an Asian princess and should not have her options limited. (Imagine the Japanese anthem playing in the background while reading this line or listen to this http://www.sendspace.com/file/sgj9pe ) Parhelion69 aya does not have total control over what she wears. She does wear some weird outfits.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline edhead999

• MAJI DE!?!?!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:18 AM »
Lol Avex... that actually would be pretty cool. Like an M-Flo featuring Matsuura... I kind of want to see Aya sing a Jpop-type song like that XD

Nacchi... kawaii XD

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 12:50:52 AM »
i agree, she should try to work with different producers with a different style of music in order for her to grow.    Avex is good in a lot of way, they sure know how to produce their female artist, like Ayumi, koda kumi, otsuka ai and boa.  maybe she could team up with boa, her friend on a single or two.  I'm not saying H!P and Tsunku style isn't good, but just exploring the other music style will expand her knowledge and her experience in the music industry.  trying new things and exploring will let u become better and learn more about urself. she doesn't have to stick with it, just let her find what is best for her thru these musical experimentations, working with someone else.  she got a lot of potential, let's not limit it.

although H!P is known for their bubblegum pop music, they also been experimenting with other genre and style with their artists, but they just don't really pursue it that much.  as long as they can help each of their artists find the best kind of music and style that would work for their artist, they should pursue it.  but first, we need to discover their true potential and talent.

i'm sorry if i don't make any sense at all. i'm just thinking while i'm typing and my thoughts are always mixed up.  hehe

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 01:24:16 AM »
BigDnm01 your comments make perfect sense.

Offline kwanleekwan

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 03:24:14 PM »
But she is quite quiet as compare to last few years...........at least no PB releasing, which I am looking forward to.

Offline Rijio

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 09:55:25 PM »
i prefer aya in her solo carreer. What a pity tsunku doesn't seem to care that much anymore  :-\

My forum on Japan~Music~Culture~etc. Clic~!

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 08:34:45 PM »
Rijio Aya said that tsunku is not her producer anymore so I think that is part of the reason why she has less singles and new albums. But is paired up with other people that he does produce for. Her new single being delayed is not a very good sign for her solo career. We don't really know when it will be out.

Offline Mattthecat

• Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 10:33:41 AM »
The delay in her single release is probably due to the new GAM album out now.

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »
Nothing should get in the way of a ayaya release.

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:29 AM »
Her solo career is still alive thanks to a new album and single. I hope that her fans will buy them.

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 05:08:28 PM »
Her new single might have been canceled. No appearance at Kouhaku or the Music Station Superlive winter special adds to my thoughts about the end. I was too optimistic about her career in august. Damn you UFA  :angry:

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - Poison