JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinoi Team - Sing Na Na Na

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons and Owlbears, OH MY! [tabletop gaming]  (Read 27692 times)

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
Re: Dungeons and Dragons and Owlbears, OH MY! [tabletop gaming]
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 10:45:39 AM »
Would anyone be interested in an Exalted 2nd Ed game? I can run it via roll20.

Damn, been too long since I've visited this thread. Sorry! :doh:

I'm not entirely sure if this belongs in this thread, but a few days ago, I went to my friends' place for a day of boardgames and it was awesome. I always thought boardgames weren't for me but I guess I was just playing the wrong ones. The Resistance (similar to Mafia and Werewolf, but better) and Ghost Stories were knock-outs. In the Resistance, I got to see one of my friends almost reduced to tears as she tried to convince her girlfriend that she wasn't a spy - she was a spy :lol: Ghost Stories was a great co-op game that brought everyone together and then whittled our morale down to nothing.

For our 'proper' boardgame, we played Eldritch Horror. I still don't know how we won. If any of you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen the bloodbath that was Tokyo. I felt very drained at 1am when we finally finished the game after 4-5 hours of play, but it is definitely worthwhile.

We played a few other games as well - Love Letter, Tsuro, Carcassonne and Small World.

Now to find another job so I can fund my newly discovered interest.

Offline StGermaine

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »
I always thought boardgames weren't for me but I guess I was just playing the wrong ones.

I.E Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers, there's a wide range of board games out there you just have to find out the ones that appeal to you.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2016, 02:53:26 AM »
Running a holiday 5th edition D&D campaign for a group of lady friends at the moment and it's been a blast. They're so into it, 2 of them insist on skyping in to our next few sessions while they're out of the state/country. Last session, they came to the realisation that they're trapped in a castle full of vampires. Oh and one of the player characters has contracted vampirism, which no one else in the party knows. Should be fun.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinoi Team - Sing Na Na Na