JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CHICKEN LINE

Author Topic: Offical MLB Thread!  (Read 340477 times)

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
Re: Offical MLB Thread!
« Reply #740 on: June 04, 2007, 01:39:13 AM »
My cubbies.  :cry: They won today though.  :w00t: Maybe it's the start of good things to come.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #741 on: June 04, 2007, 10:36:30 PM »
Watched a little ESPN last night and, once again, I ask:

How can professional broadcasters pronounce "Felix Pie" correctly but totally screw up "Takashi Saito"?

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #742 on: June 05, 2007, 02:58:24 AM »
My cubbies.  :cry:

Sweet Lou was suspended for four games.

"I will serve it and I will learn from this experience," Piniella said before Monday night's game at Milwaukee. "These things won't happen again."

I can't believe he said such transparent bullshit.  He's been raising hell and kicking hats since Greg Maddux and Barry Bonds were rookies!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #743 on: June 11, 2007, 07:43:07 AM »

OK, boys will be boys...

Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly nailed Atlanta shortstop Edgar Renteria on the left hand today and was immediately ejected from the game by the home plate ump.  Renteria then threw a forearm at the Cubs shortstop on a steal attempt.

I know there are people (fans of MLB) who advocate letting the players sort out their differences on the field in this manner.  For the record, I'm not one of them.  I don't watch baseball to see a hockey fight break out.  And any on-field violence should be dealt with harshly.  I'm surprised there were so many cool heads after Renteria's bitch slap.

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #744 on: June 12, 2007, 07:01:33 AM »
Renteria should have been thrown out of the game.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #745 on: June 13, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »
HONG-CHIH FUCKIN KUO!! STYLING AND PROFILING!!

[youtube=425,350]F6E0UBAYo0w[/youtube]

Peep how he tosses his bat!! Too good in the Dodgers 4-1 win over the Mets.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #746 on: June 14, 2007, 09:05:28 AM »
Classic stuff from Kuo.  But don't a lotta guys from Japan, Korea, etal have that bat flip on the follow through?  I see it all the time on highlights of NPB teams.

I've been watching he highlights of Justin Verlander's no-hitter against the Brewers on Tuesday over and over.  Fox may have been juicing its radar gun readings (102 MPH in the 9th?!) but there's not doubt that Verlander was dealing some SHIT out there!  You could see the movement on his sliders, just awesome.

Also awesome was his girlfriend who jumped the fence and came outta nowhere to congratulate the Detroit pitcher in person:

Way to go, Justin!

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #747 on: June 14, 2007, 11:59:56 PM »

was checking out risa's alo-hello dvd and...

risa with tommy lasorda  :O  :lol:
:shakeit:

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #748 on: June 18, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »
Chris Kahrl had a great line in today's chat at Baseball Prospectus:

Q: Why would the Yankees want Shea Hillenbrand?

Christina Kahrl: Because he's somebody Joe Torre has heard of, and he might notionally be better than Miguel Cairo. No, it doesn't make sense, and I'd rather play Josh Phelps and see about what party favors it might take to re-rent Carlos Pena, but the internally consistent logic to how the Yankees do things describe the larger organizational dysfunction when it comes to sensible problem-solving. (emphasis mine)

I think Torre is out as Yankee manager at the end of the 2007 season.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #749 on: June 21, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »
600!

Congrats to Sammy!  Next stop: Cooperstown.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #750 on: June 26, 2007, 08:15:04 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2914994

Former star closer Rod Beck was found dead in his home over the weekend.  He was only 38.

From all accounts he was a very likable person.  The circumstances surrounding his death are still unknown, and that is troubling to me.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #751 on: June 29, 2007, 07:09:41 AM »
Couple ESPN polls I completed related to the milestones achieved by Frank Thomas and Craig Biggio:

http://tinyurl.com/2do2t4

http://tinyurl.com/ytun5z

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #752 on: July 01, 2007, 10:55:18 PM »
So out of the clear blue, Seattle manager Mike Hargrove decides to quit after Sunday's ballgame, citing a lack of desire and heart in the game or whatever.

This announcement comes off a hot streak for the team, perhaps its best of the year.  Seems to me there's something else that hasn't been reported yet.  Stay tuned!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #753 on: July 06, 2007, 08:51:03 AM »
Weird thing: Matsuzaka doesn't make the A.L. All-Star team but Okajima DOES.  A middle reliever over a starter?!  Strange days...

Another pitcher-dominated contest next week in the Bay.

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #754 on: July 09, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »
Anyone see video of the Phillies and Rockies game? There was a rain delay and the groundscrew is trying to put the tarp on the field but it was really windy. The tarp was getting blown off and some members of the groundscrew even got caught underneath the tarp. The Phillies (who were the road team) came out to help the groundscrew.

Phillies - Rockies Rain Delay 7/8/07

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #755 on: July 09, 2007, 08:56:02 AM »
There was a rain delay and the groundscrew is trying to put the tarp on the field but it was really windy.

Saw the highlights on TV and yes, it looked VERY spooky.  I wonder if someone could have been flung high in the air if he held onto that tarp.

Heroic activity by the Phillies and karma rewarded the team with a win.  I wonder why there weren't more Rockies out there on the field?

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #756 on: July 14, 2007, 12:39:08 PM »
Mark Cuban has submitted an application to buy the Cubs. The team won't be sold until after the season but potential buyers have to submit applications prior to that. It's doubtful MLB will actually let him own the team though.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #757 on: July 17, 2007, 06:17:36 AM »
I don't follow the NBA and thus not really familiar with Cuban's escapades with the league, its owners and David Stern.  I do know enough that:

-- He'd be a good owner for the Cubs, a franchise whose ownership went corporate before it became chic and hasn't been in the World Series since World War II.

-- He's not interested in making friends, which IS important in MLB circles.  The old-boy network is still a factor, led by Commissioner "Bud" Selig, former majority owner of the Milwaukee Brewers.

-- One of MLB's most influencial owners, Jerry Reinsdorf of the White Sox, HATES Cuban and would likely make Selig block or at least muddy Cuban's application process.

-- the lovable loser image of the Cubbies has lasted this long because of a rich TV contract, very good attendance at Wrigley Field (baseball's second oldest MLB stadium) and a long-standing fanbase in the midwest.  But they ain't gonna stand for the losing shtick for THAT much longer, kids.  Time to anty up even more and win the goddamn thing!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #758 on: July 20, 2007, 02:10:02 AM »
I just read that Chris Carpenter of the Cards will require Tommy John surgery.  He's kaput for this year and very likely all of 2008.

And that, my friends, is THAT for the Cardinals' 2007 season.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #759 on: July 24, 2007, 06:37:04 AM »
Former mistress to discuss relationship with Bonds AND pose nude in Playboy.

You know...  I never knew the magazine STILL had that kind of draw.  To get C and D-level celebs to strip for the camera.  This headline was at the top on ESPN's MLB page and I clicked on it, which I guess tells you something...

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CHICKEN LINE