JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Supersnazz - R&R Is Here

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 306056 times)

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1140 on: September 01, 2010, 04:09:20 AM »
The Harry Potter series are books I love but I will never be obsessed with. I can't really describe why.

^ :yep: I expected that, but that's how it works.  XD

Just to let you know, I've built up a slight reaction to being smothered with love. So it's like  :luvluv2: but  :stoned: at the same time.  Result -> *twitch*  :heart:

I'd only throw a rock at rokun if I thought it would make him update faster.  :lol:  *picks up rock* Would it?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1141 on: September 01, 2010, 04:20:46 AM »
Hm me too, I like the Harry Potter series, but I can't obsess over it. XD The universe behind the story is interesting though, so it's pretty compelling.

And lol! That means I get to prod you and watch you twitch. How fun. :D

You can try throwing a rock at him, I'm not sure if it helps, but if it makes you feel better...

:lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
« Reply #1142 on: September 01, 2010, 04:31:05 AM »
i really obsessed with Harry Potter.... i love it.... i'll read it everytime i have free time....

@estrea : why you and Tundra want to throw rocks at rokun??? :?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1143 on: September 01, 2010, 04:36:38 AM »
^Because rokun isn't updating. XD And mostly because I want to bully rokun, and Tundra can join in if she likes. :D

Nyahahaha.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1144 on: September 01, 2010, 05:43:08 AM »
^   :lol: You're so sadistic. It's a good thing that I am too.  :heart:

I felt obliged to recommend one of your fics to Memory. I really do have to read your fics soon  :doh:

*looks at rock and then rokun* Hmm, I'll just watch you bully rokun for now. XD

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #1145 on: September 01, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »
Alright! I get a big sister :heart:

* saikami wanders in.

Welcome to the family. :lol:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1146 on: September 01, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »
*Sukoshi wanders in* 
*flops down*  My brain has been killed by Hammy.... :imdead:

*covers body with some shrubs from a nearby bush*

I'll be here for awhile until I find some fluff to revive myself  :ph43r:

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1147 on: September 01, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Ai fell into a vat of fluff. Risa landed on top of her.

For you, Sukoshi! :wub: :wub:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1148 on: September 01, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »
lol i think we all need some fluff in our lives XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1149 on: September 01, 2010, 05:18:15 PM »

>.>

<.<

Well...I have no idea how I just come into talks like these even though I'm a fanfic writer. ^^;

Anyway, about fluff it's good to have it, but I happen to like the sad/angst stuff more. I seem to be more okay with it also since I've been watching a lot of horror movies lately. O.O I think some of my cringing reflexes from watching Japanese and Chinese horror has slightly died. XD That isn't important though!

I think writers should bring on some more drama/angst!! I know I'll regret saying that later!! XD

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #1150 on: September 01, 2010, 05:43:25 PM »
No more quoting for now... I'm feeling kinda...  :depressed: thinking about quoting...

@kawaii beam
Thanks!  :thumbsup

I'm not much of a talker in reality, but I sure damn think a lot. Prefer to spill it all out over the keyboard. Especially if it's about reading and writing  :inlove:

Rndm's your jedai master?  XD
I really need to catch up with all the established relationships around here...  :sweatdrop:

@Estrea
I can see your point about TakaGaki being so mainstream that it would lead to a decline in quality...  :nervous

But HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE GAKI?!  :shocked:

Sure she isn't as charmingly mysterious as Ai-chan, but she's... she's GAKI!!!!

If nothing else, her joyous smile should draw you in...

And I agree with the OST music! What is it about OST music that makes it such great brainstorming stimulants?!

I look forward to reading your reaction to Twilight  :twisted:
You know, it's not THAT badly written. Just way overrated in comparison to other literary gems out there that deserve more recognition. And the mindless, slobbering fangirls you automatically associate the books with really don't help.

@rokun
You only care if I give you epic comments?  :nervous  'tis okay rokun, if I read, I shall comment, I don't think about making it epic in any way. But when I read your stuff, I'll keep it in mind.  :P

And are you planning on updating the MM fics you've posted that are still incomplete? Because you know, if you've ditched them...  :(

Berryz & C-ute I've seen all around and hear about all the time, but is there SOMETHING - just one thing, a song, a video... that will get me to like them? If so, point me forwards!  :yep:

@Tundra Wind
Great minds think alike  XD
Funny, I only really have stories playing out in my head when I'm following some kind of fandom - otherwise, I don't really make up things with no-name-or-face characters.

It would be cool to see some of those stories you thought about back in your childhood now in the form of fanfiction!   :w00t:

Well, if you (or anybody for that matter!) want to daydream with me, feel free to PM me for IM details  :grin:

^
That sounded kinda dirty. Gomen.  :sweatdrop:

@StephanyLee
Oh no, I could never write one of the girls with another guy either. That's just... not right.  :lol:

Has anyone here actually written or seen a story of one of the girls with a guy which has actually gotten a lot of positive attention? I don't think I've ever even entertained the thought!

Wow, you're a hard one to please! No TakaGaki, Tanakame, GakiKame OR KameShige:O
I mean... KameShige needs more love!  :mon whine:

That's very good to hear  :thumbsup  I'm sure nobody can forget Eri anyway... for me, she's the most entertaining of the current lineup  :wub:

I'm glad to be of help to you... if you ever want to just talk about your work and how it's going, just drop me a PM, k k?  :thumbsup
And yeah, once most the reading for my favourite couples are done, AiEri is next!  :heart:

And again...  :? :? :? at the anti-Gaki sentiments. Nande? The bean is awesome!

@Junkie
Horror movies are my cup of tea. Well, I do need to watch with other people... but just last month, I had 26 horror movies downloading all at the same time  :twisted:
I love the tension and suspense that comes with a good horror flick. A lot of them are disappointing, but when you come across something good... *gulps*

I agree with drama/angst!

Fluff is enhanced when it's surrounded by drama and angst!

I love being worked up emotionally...  :twothumbs

---

With the mention of Harry Potter, this has to come out::::

I adore the Harry Potter books because it's the earliest series I ever got into, besides Goosebumps and Deltora Quest  :nervous
And it kinda just followed with me all the way through highschool too, until the last book.
Such a rich, expansive world. The plot is magnificent too. That last book remains one of the best books I've ever read.
Sorry, this is another Harry Potter fangirl  :lol: I used to write Dramione (Draco X Hermione) fanfics back when I was in Year 9. >.<

Also.

You guys are hilarious.

:rofl:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1151 on: September 01, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »
^   :lol: You're so sadistic. It's a good thing that I am too.  :heart:

I felt obliged to recommend one of your fics to Memory. I really do have to read your fics soon  :doh:

*looks at rock and then rokun* Hmm, I'll just watch you bully rokun for now. XD

Hehe yes I am. :heart: :D And lol, you didn't have to recommend my fics because I'm your new big sister. :lol:

@Sukoshi: Poor you. Too bad I'm not in fluff mode now. :lol:

@Junki: You should join in more often! Even if you have nothing much to say, just pop in and contribute, we'll include you somehow. :D You're part of the extended fanfic family too. :D

Wow so braindead after work. I need a shower to refresh my brain...

@Beecubed: Gee, thanks for posting before I could. :lol: Now I get to reply to you too! XD As for Gaki, I just can't like her. I cannot explain why. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1152 on: September 01, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »
will i get hurt if i said i never read harry potter? :? i feel so left out with that XD

Beecubed i'd wanna day dream with u~ XD and yes she is...as well as i'd like to call the nice big sister that spols the hell out of me~ :heart:  love how she isnt even noticing how i'm pimping out my love for her XD

and YES!!!!! someone who loves the gaki! X3*hugs u* she's so cool and dorky i mean what's not to love about her??

*goes to pm Bee about daydreams* XD yes Bee is my new nickname for u!  :nervous

Essy-D: that explains why u abouse my mame so much in ur fics XDD but i cant be mad you XD i was kinda like that with ai for a while until i kinda got to know more about her and now look at me, her and risa and i'm like a fangirl mess XD

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1153 on: September 01, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »
Beecubed: There's nothing wrong with being a Harry Potter fan. :lol: At least not to me. I loved it too and I'm a guy... even wrote some unfinished fanfics I never shared anywhere.

Comments don't have to be epic at all!!! Although I'll say they are very nice and inspiring. :)

As for Gaki, I'm with Essy, I just can't like her now for some reason. :lol: Though maybe it'll change if I write about her more. Hmm... My unfinished MM stories? I'll say I really don't know about that space one, since I was only a couple chapters into it to begin with. Maybe once I finish some of my other stuff. I mentioned that of course I'd continue KP, which is the other exclusive MM story going on... and the only one, isn't it? o_O There's Sword and City of Angels too, which may feature some MM but include the others (maybe get you to like them more?). I'll likely continue them at some point. City of Angels is fun, and as for Sword, I've already invested too much time into the series to not continue it. :lol:

kawaii: Even Gaki's fans abuse her in their fics too, so that's nothing to go by. :lol: (Read: hammy lol)

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1154 on: September 01, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »
lol yeah hammy shows her love by killing the girl she loves XDDD reverse psycology much? XD but i cant stay mad at hammy either XD gosh im horrible at staying mad at ppl

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1155 on: September 01, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »
Lol yeah, I always use hammy as an example when people accuse me of mistreating Gaki. I mean, seriously, hammy is a Gaki fan and she has a kill rate for Gaki that triumphs what I do to her. :lol:

@rokun: I want more KP. Actually, you should just write more ReinAi to satisfy my craving. XD *bugs you*

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1156 on: September 01, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
@ Estrea- I'm part of the family too? And here I thought was one of those creepy lurker people. XD I haven't been in a "Family" since like last year. It was small and really damn weird. XD

@ Beecubed- Damn 26 movies?! You have to recommend some to me! XD I'm always looking for good movies because the one I see are either stupid plot wise/character wise or what's supposed to be scary makes me crack up in laughter so bad. XD Oh and then I just find really sick and twisted stuff. O_O *is slightly scarred*

Also, I agree about no KameShige love! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?! *spazzes*  :panic: This is why I'm trying to hard to writing and complete my KameShige fics to hopefully spread some KameShige love~ XD

About Risa, I really...don't like her that much now.  :sweatdrop: I'm not sure why, but I find her kind of...annoying and boring. I don't mean to offend any Risa fans though.

Another thing, Hammy does kill Risa way too much!! XD I think in a way every writer does that to their favorite though. I put Eri, who is my favorite, through all sorts of emotional pain and life threatening danger in my fics. XD I haven't gotten the guts to kill her in a fic though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:53:16 AM by writerjunkie »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1157 on: September 02, 2010, 02:30:10 AM »
The whole 'Risa is annoying and boring now' thing is an epidemic! :panic:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1158 on: September 02, 2010, 02:57:19 AM »
WE MUST FIND THE ANTIDOTE RNDY!!!!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1159 on: September 02, 2010, 03:26:44 AM »
Inject directly into thighs!

No wait, that's butter...

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Supersnazz - R&R Is Here