JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Tsubasa wa Iranai

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 306115 times)

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1380 on: October 05, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTA!   :gmon twirl:

I'm finally back!  :gmon tears:  *Sukoshi crawls back from the land of no proper internet*  :farofflook: (yes...it wasn't one of my usual getaways this time...  :sweat:)
*looks at above comments*   :mon huh2:  *gets slammed by the big text blocks*   :mon wtf:
*notices they are unrelated to self*  whew~  good thing I don't have to read all that XD

lol what is this Tuna?  You're trying to pick on me?  LOL it's suppose to be the other way around.  After all, you're the one that got shifty-eyed by rokun  :mon evillaff:

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1381 on: October 08, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »
^ Who says it can't be both ways? How does me getting shifty-eyed by rokun make it so that you should be picking on me? If anything, shouldn't it just mean that it's typical and fitting of me to try to pick on you?  :P

Oh and yay for the return of Sushi. I just realized something... In a way, I can complete you because you can use Tuna to make Sushi. <- I just woke up so I'm extra weird right now.  :lol:

Question: Anybody remember the first H!P fanfic they ever read? If yes, what was it?

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1382 on: October 08, 2010, 05:16:40 PM »
oh god...i've read so many... i think the 1st one i read was by someone on H!O but i think the site that the fic was on died XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1383 on: October 08, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »
I don't remember my first one either, it was on H!O.........
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1384 on: October 08, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
short memories ftw! XD

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1385 on: October 08, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
Lol everyones' first memories at H!O. XD I don't think they even hosted fics when I started noticing them... >.> *is old*

Mine was back in JPM's 4th Station (which you can kinda date by its title being dreamt up by Commie in response to Maki's 3rd Station album release XD), although I can't remember which fic would have been the first one I read. Might have been Morning Battle, or one of Tyler Wood's fics (like Mutant Musume - yes, that has been going on for that long). I don't think I actually read any of Commie's at first :lol: because she had kinda stopped writing at the time I noticed them. She wrote more in the beginning/summer of 2005 I think, whereas I started paying attention to it more in late summer and fall... lol.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1386 on: October 08, 2010, 11:15:55 PM »
Maybe Doki Doki for me. Or one of Commie's fics? Somewhere around here. I'm not quite as old as rokun. :lol:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1387 on: October 08, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »
It was either lil hamz' The Lines are Blurred, or katatsumuri's Till Then (The revised version). Both great stories.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1388 on: October 09, 2010, 02:42:08 AM »
I know my first H!P fic was definitely not in English. XD I was reading at a Chinese forum instead...Yamibo, I think. Don't remember my first story though. XD

But my first English language fic was probably here in JPHiP. I just don't remember who or what. Yeah, I'm pretty newb too, comparatively...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1389 on: October 09, 2010, 04:07:17 AM »
It's hard to remember what your first H!P fic was, isn't it?  :lol:

^  You just reminded me that I haven't been able to really read Chinese in years now. :smhid

Because Beecubed asked about our weaknesses in writing, I remembered a question I wanted to ask.

How do you like to begin a story/chapter? Detail, dialogue, action, something else?

It really depends I guess, but I still wonder if you guys have any tendencies to start a certain way.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1390 on: October 09, 2010, 04:17:11 AM »
^And that's my fault how? :P

How do you like to begin a story/chapter? Detail, dialogue, action, something else?

Well I tend to prefer starting with dialogue, but depending on the story, I change that approach whenever I can. Which...isn't as often as I like. But still better than nothing. XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1391 on: October 09, 2010, 04:23:49 AM »
Hmmm...there maybe too many cobwebs in my mind to remember this one....

Let's see....it was definitely over at 4th station...something before Curse of the Dragons and Everything's Really Insane....maybe Morning Battle....and a bunch of random one-shots before then.  It would be easy to find out if 4th station didn't blow up a few times XD  but I'm pretty sure I was a fan of stories by kremlindusk when I started out.

When reading I think I like detail first...so I can figure out who the characters are (lol I know authors like to make their readers guess though...hence the dialogue first  :P)

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1392 on: October 09, 2010, 04:26:23 AM »
by stairing at the blank document of course~ :D XD lol jk

hmmm well i used to start with dialogue like all of the time XD but i think now im trying to break away from that and start off with more description....i suck with actiony stuff which is probably why i've left my poor fanfic^^; i even wonder if ppl remember it XD minus rndy lol.
i would like to try to be more descriptive though^^

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1393 on: October 09, 2010, 04:47:14 AM »

Depends, I like to start with a back story and dialog but more or less change over time
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1394 on: October 09, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »

Sometimes detail, sometimes dialogue. Depends, as everyone else has been saying.  :lol:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1395 on: October 15, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
ok to liven up this place a bit i have a question for you guys^^;

do songs give you ideas to write? and if so how? by the lyrics, or the pv, other?

for me its like a mixture lately half of the oneshots i write(or all XD) have been from songs i litsen too and get highly adictive off of it. it's mostly the tranlations of the songs that scream "write me as a H!P oneshot!" XD  the visuals can help to but i think its more lyrics for me^^;

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1396 on: October 15, 2010, 09:14:38 PM »
do songs give you ideas to write? and if so how? by the lyrics, or the pv, other?

Sadly, yes there is one particular way you have to also look at it, and pretty much it isn't as so much the words as perhaps the meaning, I once wrote out a meaningful one-shot that had nothing to do with the lyrics although a romantic song was actually a forceful action to say anything to bring out confidence (I know many do know this song) A lot of one-shots are like that for me, take the last bunch, all has to deal with songs, my line usually comes down to Japanese songs because most are open viewed, except for my recent short fic "Rival" which is very implemented with the song, I have been trying with some, and it hasn't panned out well so I rarely use them, but you have to create the image which has been relatively easier in the early part of writing but now.  In the use of PV's none nada zilch for me too easy to work around that, need the challenge  :lol:  I don't know read the one-shots and you'll most likely see the music flowing, if it doesn't sound patterns  :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1397 on: October 16, 2010, 12:36:48 AM »

Yes, very often. Usually by the lyrics or the meaning behind the song.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1398 on: October 16, 2010, 01:43:02 AM »

Lyrics usually. But sometimes I use the music just to keep me inspired while writing. Meanings are nice.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
« Reply #1399 on: October 16, 2010, 06:01:36 PM »

i think it's the lyrics for me.... and maybe the pv too sometimes....

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Tsubasa wa Iranai