JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Teriyaki Boyz - Teriya-King

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 291362 times)

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Re: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)
« Reply #860 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »
Here is fenrir's video of the girls arriving at the airport, I'm so sorry it's late hehe

If you're wondering what I got up to during my time in LA I'll put together a big post this weekend with everything. But for now I sleep and try to get better.

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #861 on: July 09, 2009, 10:32:21 AM »
After the concert, we hustled it over to the exhibition hall for the Yossi autograph session.  On the way, we ran into Jade Starr and had our JPHiP XXXclusive interview which you can see on the news page.  There was this crazy bullshit with the lines, AX staff was really worried about long lines and fire hazards, so they pretty much had to cut the line off and tell everyone else "hey, you can't be in line, just wander around and come back later" which really turned into "hey, everyone stand 5 feet from the end of the line and crowd together and talk and pretend you're not waiting and move into line as soon as some people move up."  I got my CD signed, which is going to a friend of mine who's a huge Yossi fan and was really sad to not be able to make it to A-X T_T

My hunger finally caught up to me at this point, but thankfully we were scoping out our post-concert eats, and we finally settled on the ESPN Zone (its great so many different places were able to accomodate the 20+ strong group we had).  We ordered two fucking HUGE appitizer samplers and I had some fettuccini alfredo with shrimp and chicken, it was all fuckin ACE.  After the food we headed across the street and signed the giant Michael Jackson poster in the shape of the JPHiP logo.  After that we headed over to the Hello!Party for a bit, but a few of us left for some drinks and ended up back at the Mayfair, and the infamous drunken scrapbooking took place, and tenkei had some awesome rantastic drunkeness live on jphip tv.  I passed out at some point, I don't really remember when or where... was it in the chair?

Day 3:  Soonk da PYON~!
Woke up day 3, jab-less; he left early to get in line for the 2nd autograph session, while the rest of us woke up a bit later to go to the Tsunku panel.

Tsunku panel was awesome.  The questions being asked were a lot more serious than the MM ones, and Tsunku really went in-depth with his questions, sometimes adding a bit of humor, but always adding more information than what he was asked.  This is where he said that plans are being put together for a 9th gen of MoMusu, but probably won't be happening this year.

Stuff I remember from the panel:
-He was asked about what it is that he sees in, say, a 14 year old Aya Matsuura, that lets him make his choices during auditions.  He went on to describe a kind of "It" factor that he can sense in their 'ki.'  You either got it, or you don't.

-He would love to have Morning Musume come back to the United States, as well as other H!P groups such as BerryZ and C-ute.  He just said he needs to see that there's support for it and they need a budget.  SO BUY H!P SHIT, Y'ALL!  Remember, Japanfiles has tons of H!P music up for digitial download in North America for 99 cents an mp3, and H!P gets royalties from that and they'll know its coming from here, support your favs, people!

-He likes BerryZ for their "unevenness" (I imagine he's talking about their height) and C-ute because they're the most athletic of all the H!P groups.

-Someone asked "Other than the forming of Morning Musume, what do you concider the greatest moment of your career?" and he answered "Morning Musume performing in LA!"  Pandering? Probably.  Awesome? Oh yeah.

And that's all I can remember right now >.<

After the Soonk panel, I headed with boykun to the autograph session to drop off some stuff to jab, and possibly get an autograph, but I wasn't counting on it.  And again I was cut off at the door, ah well -_- 

At this point, i was fucking TIRED.  I don't think I got more than a few hours of sleep on average the whole trip, so I was struggling to stay awake as we ate some super-overpriced pizza and waited for tenkei to meet us up with the finished scrapbook so we can present it to the girls with the gift basket.  We were waiting around for a bit like we were asked to, so as to prevent another line snafu like with hangry, but apparently the line was dwindling down and someone said we needed to get in line because if the line went empty, the girls were going to leave, so I moved my ass over to the line pronto xD  After two failed attempts, FINALLY I had my chance to get an autograph.  I had been guarding this poster for *days* waiting for this autograph session... just too bad it was the 'worst' of all the autograph sessions.  Apparently someone screwed up and too many autograph tickets were distributed and UFA was all :shilivid: about it.  The girls were probably tired as FUCK too, and the handlers wouldnt allow any small-talk with the girls or handshakes -_-  but it was great to see them again!  And when I came to Risa, she was all "Hello~ *looks up and her eyes go all wide* OH! HELLOOOO! *risasmile*" she totally remembered me from breakfast!  Oh yeah, Risa's got the hots for me *flex*  After being ushered through the line, I gathered with some other hipsters at the tables nearby, and some J-mowota started singing Happy Birthday really loud to sayumi, and she pulled the curtain back and waved back at everyone all ~^_^~  It was cute, but I think it pissed the staff off.  I guarded my poster with my life as we headed back to the hotel to get ready for Izakaya.

Offline Rikki2

• Member+
« Reply #862 on: July 09, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
http://www.tamm.jp/2008/english/lecturer.html

For clarification, Yaz Noya, Events Coordinator

This guy's blog too.
http://www.giantrobot.com/blogs/eric/2009/04/3-meals-on-wheels.html

perhap he decided to take a nickname on herself....since Diaz isn't as cool?...who knows... but Yaz just remnds me of those commercials for that ...women medication to help fight some thing they get but can cause all kind of side effects... so I think Diaz is probably what I'm going to refer to her as unless someone corrects me...

In either case I'm sure she's fine when she's not working... ^^; just realllllly strict and motherly when dealing with the safety of the younger people she's in charge of? Who knows, I know she saw them off at the airport and seems positive and kinda nice compared to the stories and what I've seen of her yelling with AX people.

It's funny you say that, cause on her MySpace, her quote is, "I'm Everyone's Mother!" lol

OK. Now that I've seen clear pictures of this Yaz, I can see that she and Diaz are two different people. Yaz is in her mid-forties. Diaz is older, heavier, and shorter.

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #863 on: July 09, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
Not sure if you guys can see this not if you're not my friends on FB but here is my video from the girls arriving~

Login | Facebook

Offline Daisukirika

• Peace Peace
  • Member+
  • Otona No Tanoshimi Shiritai
« Reply #864 on: July 09, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
Everyone has such great stories. I'm hoping everyone's recovering now from whatever was going around.

@Mugen : You were @ LAX? I don't remember looking at someone, but I could have been I drift off into looking at nothing very often. Was this at baggage claim? I remember being pushed out of the way by an older man, but that's about all I remember about LAX. Which lucky strikes did you guys go to? Also I went to Famima, but tat was only to pick up some candy.

@Sits : I actually don't think I saw the big crowd of you guys, I might have been already inside or you guys might have gone in ahead of me. I've been looking at alot of the pictures people have been posting, and I actually think I was staring at Ping. I'm really not sure, but he looks most like the guy I was trying to wave at.

Random stuff : Daigong and Ten are taller than I thought they were. Dai I got your message too late... I'm sorry T.T . I think I walked past you guys during the Yossi Autographing, cuse I went around the whole area peeking from the back curtains. (Don't mean to sounds like a peeper... but come on it's Yossi). I'll post up pictures as soon as I find the cable that connects to the camera to the computer.

Btw : I feel bad that I didn't get to meet any of you guys this time around, it really sounds like such a blast. Hopefully if there's something else that goes down around my area again I'd be able to meet up with you guys. Also I'm going to Canada in August to visit family. I don't have an itinerary yet, but If there's ne Canadian JpHipsters roaming around, it'd be great to meet up, have dinner, beat up edison chen, Your pick. I really appreciate your guys stories about the con, it makes JpHip seem like a strongly knit family.

"With these eyes I can see your fate"
~Join the JPH!P RPG~ Become your favorite H!P girl~Here!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #865 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »
Not sure if you guys can see this not if you're not my friends on FB but here is my video from the girls arriving~
This is the first time I noticed, after watching a bunch of these arrival vids, that you peeps are shouting AIBUTT! and AIBUTT DOT COM! Lol, this is so epic.

Man, I fucking love JPH!P! :jphip:

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #866 on: July 09, 2009, 02:42:21 PM »
Wow, I am really digging these recaps of the AX. Too bad that I didnt hook up with you guys earlier, but hanging in line with wolf was pretty cool.

Offline jabronisaur

• Wank, Wank, Suru no da!
  • Member+
« Reply #867 on: July 09, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »
The concert:

I was still floating on air after my breakfast with Junjun, so I hardly remember even getting to Con after that. I do remember sitting in the shade with Flyp, Tris, Saya, and Shannon, while the idiots stood in line out in the heat (even though we already had assigned rows).  We got to here the girls practicing and freaked out over the set list. We were like "NO SHIT! LOVE MACHINE!" and I don't think it could have been any more amazing that they sang, I wish. It has been my favorite MM song since its release, and to hear it live in the US for the first time seemed like destiny. It was an emotion I wont soon forget.
I got to sit next to some nice girls from H!O (the one next to me was hella cute, but so short. She had to sit on the chair during the concert to see). I pimped a shirt, some stickers, glow sticks, wristbands, you name it. I sure hope they stop by, they were really nice. The concert was pretty kick ass. Lots of energy and familiar songs. I'm surprised I didn't have a coronary trying to keep up the action. I was jumping, shouting, singing, waving and generally going nuts. Unfortunately, right in the middle of How you like this Japan, one of the staffers came by to check tickets. And  I couldn't find mine. I emptied everything but no luck. I was about to get ejected, when  jaysonnj popped up and said "Is this you ticket?" waving the grail in his hand. A quick check and I was back in the game.
The only really disappointing moments where Ai's preachy rain forest read and that Yossie seemed kinda disinterested in being there. But that was small potatoes to great experience of being so close to Junjun, kamei, and Ai thighs. The girls seemed to really enjoy the fan reactions. We tried to en co re... but it failed. Eventually, they yelled at us to get out.
After the show, half the folks bailed for yossie signing and I just sorta hung out for a while. Talked a bit with comrade and then my phone died. Walking back to hotel I ran into Kuno's brother, and we walked to the Hello Party.
The hello party was pretty nice. I got to see E-girl in for real life. I felt honored. Most of us were falling asleep though after about an hour at the party so we bailed. Got some booze and hit the Mayfair. Drunken Scrap booking FTMFW! I wanted to get up early for the second MM autograph so i kinda passed out.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #868 on: July 09, 2009, 03:30:48 PM »

Login | Facebook

rofl @ the "AIBUTT.COMMMM" scream  :rofl:

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #869 on: July 09, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »
Everyone has such great stories. I'm hoping everyone's recovering now from whatever was going around.

@Mugen : You were @ LAX? I don't remember looking at someone, but I could have been I drift off into looking at nothing very often. Was this at baggage claim? I remember being pushed out of the way by an older man, but that's about all I remember about LAX. Which lucky strikes did you guys go to? Also I went to Famima, but tat was only to pick up some candy.

Btw : I feel bad that I didn't get to meet any of you guys this time around, it really sounds like such a blast. Hopefully if there's something else that goes down around my area again I'd be able to meet up with you guys. Also I'm going to Canada in August to visit family. I don't have an itinerary yet, but If there's ne Canadian JpHipsters roaming around, it'd be great to meet up, have dinner, beat up edison chen, Your pick. I really appreciate your guys stories about the con, it makes JpHip seem like a strongly knit family.

yea it was on july 1st at terminal 3 at the alaska airlines baggage claim but its probably not you lol. she just looked like you. T hough she was totally checking me out  :cow:

where u visiting in canada? I'm from Vancouver, Dai's from Edmonton, KT and JFC's from winnipeg. Commie/Tofu from T.Dot. Opsmonkey from Calgary i think.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:38:20 PM by Mugen »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #870 on: July 09, 2009, 09:41:36 PM »
whooo i shot that video with kanki's little flip cam lol. me and daigong are the one's shouting aibutt and aibutt.com XD (thats also me in the beginning that says 'fuck yeah, shades!')

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #871 on: July 09, 2009, 11:22:38 PM »
^ I recognized your voices and was rofling. Good shit.

@Sits : I actually don't think I saw the big crowd of you guys, I might have been already inside or you guys might have gone in ahead of me. I've been looking at alot of the pictures people have been posting, and I actually think I was staring at Ping. I'm really not sure, but he looks most like the guy I was trying to wave at.

Random stuff : Daigong and Ten are taller than I thought they were. Dai I got your message too late... I'm sorry T.T . I think I walked past you guys during the Yossi Autographing, cuse I went around the whole area peeking from the back curtains. (Don't mean to sounds like a peeper... but come on it's Yossi). I'll post up pictures as soon as I find the cable that connects to the camera to the computer.

You most likely went in before us. You were probably in the middle of the line while we were out there so you didn't see us. And then we were forced to go in the line before they let people in.

I couldn't go to the signing so I peeked in the curtains too, and even called her name. haha

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #872 on: July 10, 2009, 03:10:49 AM »
Thanks for the stories, pics and videos everyone. Once I can finish catching up with the week I missed of school, Ill sit down and finish reading the rest.

Will also post my AX experience in detail when I get the chance.
One funny thing while we were at the airport:
After Morning Musume left there was this couple who asked us who they were. We told them they were Morning Musume, a Japanese group and it was their first time in the U.S. They said something like wow really? and then the guy said they were in the same plane as them. We screamed Lucky!~ They laughed and then the guy said "one of them had really nice legs!" XD I first thought Eri so I asked him which one and he said the girl with the white skirt so that meant it was JunJun he was referring to. Lucky people, it must have been awesome to be in the same flight. When the guy said how one of them had nice legs the wife(Im assuming) was laughing XD.

Some security guy asked "Who's Morning Musuum"? XD

Shaky camera video >.<
Too excited to see Eri and Gaki that I waved and didnt get them in the shot XD
Morning Musume at LAX (July 1st 2009)

Tall people in the way so couldnt get a good shot of them at the beginning but got Reina, Linlin and Aika.
Morning Musume at AX 3rd autograph session

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:26:36 AM by differentstory12 »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #873 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:02 AM »
great video! Did you have the camera on in your bag while doing the signing? XD

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #874 on: July 10, 2009, 03:47:25 AM »
Nice vids! lol, who was the person that said "They're taking a shuttle bus? Come on!" 

Sounded like daigong. :lol:

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #875 on: July 10, 2009, 04:07:39 AM »
^ Im wondering that too. It sounds like Dai though lol. Also I could hear my name being yelled out XD

@StreakInTheSky: Oooops How did that get in there? XD

Oh and posted Yossie at merchandise booth in the Hangry at Anime Expo thread.

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #876 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:43 AM »
Shit, my comp ate my review. I'll try to write it back up tomorrow. But I really don't have much to add to what's already been written.

In the mean time here are some photos I took. I didn't take many photos. My flashcard was full of videos from the izakaya on saturday night. Anyway here are some pics:

HiPsters chillin' after the first MM autograph session

Kamei

under the shade before the concert

for hangry

signing the MJ poster

Ping <3 hello! party

It was great meeting all the JPHiPsters. It was a weekend that I won't soon forget!

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #877 on: July 10, 2009, 07:49:58 AM »
Yeah.. So I know I already posted a short summary of my time @ the con but here are the stupid long versions with pictures if anyone is interested  :lol::

Day 0
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

If I ever ran into you during any of part of the con & I forgot you drop me a line & I'll add you to my story where ever you fit.  Again, was cool meeting all of you. Can't wait for the next time.

Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #878 on: July 10, 2009, 07:52:36 AM »
Hey Ops. What did u win from the raffle thing from Japanfiles?

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #879 on: July 10, 2009, 08:15:35 AM »
 :sheep love:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:45:48 AM by ichijoujirena »

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Teriyaki Boyz - Teriya-King