JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Kishi ga mieru umi kara

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238024 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #980 on: January 29, 2019, 04:12:50 AM »
Past few months have been pretty weak.
I'll start off with ones from the past season and earlier that I finished.  Then some from this season that just started.  :)

great:
Ashi Girl (ep01-12 + SP)
High school girl Yui's only talent is running really fast. Using her little brother's time machine she accidentally travels to the Sengoku period. Falls in love with a young lord (Hagi Tadakiyo),  becomes his foot soldier to change history and save him.
Lighthearted fun and cute romance set in the Sengoku period. The SP aired in 2018 Dec, check it out if you watched the series and missed it.

Autumn 2018

Must-watch:
Kyou kara Ore wa!! (ep01-10)
Comedy about two transfer students who decide to turn into delinquents.
Easily the best jdrama of 2018 :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

good:
Black Scandal (ep01-10)
An actress's life is ruined after a press conference scandal. She undergoes facial plastic surgery, takes on a new name and plots to take revenge on everybody that set her up.
Its one of those "revenge dramas" with her taking down people one by one. Matsui Rena is in it!

ok:
SUITS (ep01-11)
Law drama done in the US and Korea. An experienced lawyer teaming up with a young man that has photographic memory.
It was alright.

Shitamachi Rocket Season 2 (ep01-10)
More "Hanzawa Naoki" drama.

Pandora IV ~ AI Sensou (ep01-08)
A doctor creates an AI computer that forecasts sicknesses people will have in their future. Like previous seasons of Pandora, the ball of conspiracy and trouble gets bigger and bigger, with characters start questioning their own ethics.
This season focused too much on character drama and not the AI, making the plot feel weak and boring.

Offline Qzooioo61

« Reply #981 on: May 08, 2019, 09:07:47 AM »
Other name: Emergency Interrogation Room, Kinkyu Torishirabe Shitsu
Category: Japan Drama 2019
Genre(s): Mystery, Drama, Detective, Investigation

Release: Apr 11, 2019 Runtime: Thursday
Broadcast: TV Asahi Language: Japanese

Source from nihofun.com

Offline swordmana

« Reply #982 on: June 11, 2019, 09:53:05 AM »
Something in the Rain (Hangul: 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나; RR: Bap Jal Sajuneun Yeppeun Nuna; lit. Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food)
Cast & Credits: Son Ye Jin, Jung Hae In,...

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #983 on: July 07, 2019, 07:59:33 AM »
A few recent dramas I loved watching. :)

3-Nen A-Gumi - A teacher takes his class hostage, to uncover the truth behind an earlier death of one of the class's students.

Anata no Ban desu - A couple move into an apartment building. During theiir first time joining the resident's meeting, they play a game by writing down the name of a person they want to kill. The game suddenly becomes reality as residents begin dying, and the "name writers" one by one are blackmailed into continuing the chain of murders.
A mystery that will get you hooked really easily. The cast is crazy awesome. Season 1 just finished and it jumped straight into season 2!

I”s - An adaption of the classic romance manga.
Basically, its a high school boy and 4 girls who crosses into his life. Shiraishi Sei is great in it.

Tokusatsu Gagaga - An OL that hides the fact that she's a Tokusatsu otaku (a fan of live-action superhero shows). Great comedy.

Offline karmacoma

« Reply #984 on: April 01, 2020, 01:04:54 AM »
I watched Followers on Netflix over the weekend.  It was pretty good!  Some of NF's Japanese productions have been hit or miss, but it was a well done inside look at the Japanese entertainment business, and I thought the rise and falls were believable.  Also, it looks absolutely stunning if you have a 4K HDR compatible TV.

Offline uchihasenpai

• Work harder than you've worked yesterday!
« Reply #985 on: April 08, 2020, 01:57:17 PM »
I've finished Sky Castle! It's korean, but  it took me to the heaven of emotions. Like those problems, stress . That is one of the best dorama I've ever seen

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #986 on: December 21, 2022, 11:31:29 AM »
Kyo kara Ore wa!! (From Today it’s My Turn!

Comedy that marches to the beat of a different drum, so to speak

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #987 on: December 22, 2022, 06:08:31 AM »
Kyo kara Ore wa!! (From Today it’s My Turn!

Comedy that marches to the beat of a different drum, so to speak

https://asianmoviepulse.com/2021/06/film-review-from-today-its-my-turn-2020-by-yuichi-fukuda/

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #988 on: December 23, 2022, 05:59:37 AM »
Some of my fave J-dramas from the last twelve months:

AVALANCHE
SAIAI
DR WHITE
KOI NANTE, HONKI DE YATTE DO SURU NO?
WARU
ISHIKO TO HANEO
ISEKAI IZAKAYA NOBU
OI HANDSOME!

I mostly watch whatever is on the local Nihongo cable channel but I've also went to the intarwebs for additional programs. Whatever it takes...

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Kishi ga mieru umi kara