JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo

Author Topic: Best Kpop Songs of 2022  (Read 10233 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Best Kpop Songs of 2022
« on: December 25, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »
:shakeit: :cow:   BEST KPOP SONGS OF 2022!   :cow::shakeit:

Time to vote again for your favorite k-tunes, this time from 2022!

Rules:

You can vote for any Korean releases from 2022 - that means, album tracks, digital releases are all acceptable! Japanese, Chinese etc releases are not.
Addendum 2020+: Songs that have both Korean artists AND Korean vocals in them are allowed. This means some songs from artists like K/DA qualify.

Voting is simple: List your top 10 tracks of the year. The #1 gets 10 points, #2 gets 9, #3 gets 8 points, and so on.

This poll will be open for at least a few weeks. So get your lists in, and feel free to tweak them later.

If you can't post for any reason, you can dm me here or in twitter/discord (or just tweet me) with your votes and I will add them to the thread.

Releases:

Here's the wikipedia entry of 2022 in kpop.

Also, a few youtube playlists full of releases, by no means complete:

KPOP 2022 (320+ videos)
Female Kpop Songs of 2022 (215+ videos)
Kpop 2022 (968+ videos)

Previous polls: (click the year to visit the corresponding thread)

Year #1 #2 #3
2021 Aespa - Savage Everglow - First WJSN The Black - Easy
2020 Loona - Voice / Star Everglow - La Di Da (G)I-DLE - Oh My God
2019 Red Velvet - Psycho Mamamoo - Destiny (G)I-DLE - Lion
2018 IZ*ONE - La Vie en Rose Fromis_9 - Love Bomb Red Velvet - Bad Boy
2017 Winner - Really Really Sunmi - Gashina Mamamoo - Finally
2016 Blackpink - Whistle Blackpink - Playing With Fire Oh My Girl - Step By Step
2015 Oh My Girl - Closer Red Velvet - Automatic IU - Zezé
2014 Poll not held
2013 Crayon Pop - Bar Bar Bar Girls' Generation - I Got A Boy EXO - Growl
2012 T-ara - Lovey-Dovey T-ara - Day by Day Sistar - Alone
2011 Kara - Step T-ara - Roly-Poly IU - You & I
2010 Girls' Generation - Hoot Kara - Lupin Girls' Generation - Run Devil Run

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: Best Kpop Songs of 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 01:35:08 PM »
First one's a guest list from our very own Ping!

https://twitter.com/_ellistan
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2SucEzefOAjAj2Uln4ZArr?si=af9b008bfbcb4863

01. Newjeans - Hype Boy
02. Newjeans - Ditto
03. Stayc - Run2u
04. IVE - After Like
05. Nmixx - O.O
06. IVE - Love Dive
07. Newjeans - Attention
08. Stayc - Beautiful Monster
09. Newjeans - Cookie
10. Newjeans - Hurt
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:00:04 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 12:44:09 AM »

1. Newjeans - Hype Boy
Newjeans was a big paradigm shift in kpop not only in South Korea, but for me personally as well. Usually girl crush,
synthwave and smooth R&B stylings rule supreme for me (and they largely still do) but the expertly crafted kpop pivot
into retro y2k with a really fresh, fun sound got me good. Hype Boy is a perfect package of an infectious song,
choreography and style... rightly deserving the #1 spot on my list.

2. Newjeans - Cookie
Newjeans continue their dominance on my list with Cookie, a very "peak red velvet" tune with insanely good, whimsical
beats and my favorite dance break (and maybe stage, overall) of the year (the chair, is it cheating? more at nine).

3. Bibi - Animal Farm
The highlight of Lowlife Princess album is a mind-blowingly good anthem with a completely ridiculous and violent kill bill
tribute mv. Get into Bibi, if you know what's good (or bad) for ya. Oh, and outro of the year, no contest.

4. Newjeans - Ditto
This song came out a week ago. A week. And it's here, and it could have been higher. A bittersweet, cute song with sparse,
jumpy-yet-relaxed beats juxtaposed against a very different, sad, amazing mv.. the contradictions, the feels.

5. Le Sserafim - Blue Flame
My fave Seraphim track is a mega-smooth slightly melancholic groove-fest, it has its flaws but as a package it's just... mwah.
I like it, I like it like that. I am completely thatisfied.

6. Newjeans - Attention
The first song in the Newjeans repertoire was a declaration: Things are about to change. It took me a few listens to get into
the swing of things, but it didn't take long... just fresh, lovingly crafted, pure pop sugar. Brilliant.

7. IVE - Love Dive
IVE solidified their echo-y dark pop sound with Love Dive, and while After Like was a step in the wrong direction for me,
Love Dive is a prime example of a group achieving complete mastery of a sound unique to them. Great song.

8. Billlie - A Sign ~ Anonymous
Billlie is sporting one of the better discographies in kpop already after only a year of existence, even if this year didn't yield
a "Ring x Ring" grade masterpiece. "Sign" is a mega-smooth, subtly whimsical R&B tune.

9. Pixy - Natural
As I mentioned earlier, Pixy has been through a lot and I remain... cautiously optimistic. This song kind of perfectly sums
up my feelings. "It's okay not to be okay" indeed, as this melancholic piece declares. The feels, I have them.

10. Le Sserafim - Antifragile
I absolutely hated the antifragile chorus at first listen, but warmed up to it pretty quickly. I'm still not completely sure if this
song is good, but I kind of fucking love it and that's all that counts.

--

I wrote reviews for the rest of my top 30 as well, so here they are (or check out the twitter thread)

11. Youha - Satellite
Youha's EP was one of my favorites this year. The opening track is the stand-out for me, a slow and smooth, sexy R&B banger
with this kind of a floating-in-space quality to it. So good.

12. Aespa - Girls
The amazing nonsensical cosmic virtual space extravaganza continues. It's never a boring moment with these girls, and their
music (and that dance break, mmm) is just pure fun. It's a trip. It's an adventure. it's Kwangya™️.

13. Acid Angel from Asia (tripleS) - Generation
I kinda want nothing to do with this weird nft mega-collective loona 2.0 but I can't just ignore great music. A one-off
sub-group with a really solid EP, Generation the clear stand-out.

14. Fifty Fifty - Lovin' Me
Among the nice surprises this year was definitely this song by 50/50 that utilizes neat vocal sound effects, super solid stuff,
wonderful singing, kinda haunting. "It's tough right now, but it'll get better, right?" Love it.

15. Bibi - Motospeed 24
Sublime album, another sublime album cut. The deceptively simple chorus is a merciless earworm living inside my head.
Most of Bibi is there, to be fair.

16. Billlie - B'rave ~ A Song for Matilda
Billlie, thy name is smooth groove and thy vibe is exquisite. I'm repeating myself by now, but they're just really good at this shit.

17. (G)i-dle - Escape
Minnie/Breadbeat combo strikes again. From the very first notes I knew this'd be a song for me. Just a very sad, yet kinda
uplifting and transportative tune.

18. Aespa - Illusion
Can a song that starts with "You're so yummy yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy" be any good? The answer is,
of course, absolutely! Follow me, come and get illusion. Easy peasy.

19. Stayc - Young Luv
I was somewhat disappointed in most of Stayc's offerings this year, but Young Luv salvaged the situation a bit. The sparse
guitars, haunting melodies and vocals, it all works great.

20. Dreamcatcher - Starlight
Synthwave is the easy way into my heart. It's cheating, really. Starlight isn't a very typical Dreamcatcher tune, but it's my
favorite of theirs this year.

21. Bibi - Sweet Sorrow of Mother
While only a minute long, this song with a minimal piano accompaniment still manages to set Bibi apart and show again
why she's such a special artist in kpop.

22. Billlie - Mcguffins ~ Who's the Joker?
Ah, it's Billlie again, taking us to distant lands for a musical adventure. All over the place in the best way possible.

23. Dreamcatcher - Locked Inside a Door
Dreamcatcher shone with a couple of their unconventional album tracks this year. The beat and rhythms, switch-ups,
vocals, really fun track. "So baby let me go". Not just yet, song, not just yet...

24. (G)i-dle - Change
Surprisingly, this year my favorite composer in Gidle was not Soyeon, but Minnie instead. Both tracks penned by her
made my top 30. Change is sung almost completely in English, but everyone does a good job. Sad vibes, great music.

25. Pixy - Villain
Pixy has been reborn, but how? Losing two members, gaining a new one... it's been a ride. Their music is as solid as
ever, however. The smooth beat and whispery-talky vocals crawl inside your brain... in a good way.

26. Billlie - Sun Palace (Stroop Effect)
A certified Billlie-style smooth, whimsical banger, they have so many of these I've lost count. Just a pleasure to listen to.

27. Bibi - Wet Nightmare
Bibi's album was sublime and my personal AOTY, and it's a little tough to pick my faves from it, but this track really...
stuck with me... "stuck inside my heart".. stuck inside my head, for sure.

28. Sunmi - Heart Burn
I completely forgot to grade the Sunmi singles this year but I did not forget this song... or the music video, good god...
Anyway, another quality tune from Sunmi.

29. Red velvet - Rainbow Halo
FMR was a really good EP and my fave cut from it, while not perfect, is a memorable, fun and quirky little tune.
I don't much go for sax usually but it definitely works here. Good stuff.

30. Blackpink - Yeah Yeah Yeah
First up is this little-known group called Blackpink. YYY is here mainly because of its wonderful (if woefully short) outro
and the chorus. Overall, very enjoyable though. Any flirt with synthwave is a flirt with me.

--

So yeah, this year I decided to make this a little easier for myself (sort of?) and I graded every release I was even
slightly interested in during the year. I ended up grading over 200 songs! You can check out my ratings here:

http://dakodako.net/review/

Also making a top 30 instead of a top 10 was kinda helpful as well, because I was able to highlight many more of
my faves and didn't feel so bad about excluding them from the top 10. Was a good year for kpop, as well.

TL;DR

01. Newjeans - Hype Boy
02. Newjeans - Cookie
03. Bibi - Animal Farm
04. Newjeans - Ditto
05. Le Sserafim - Blue Flame
06. Newjeans - Attention
07. IVE - Love Dive
08. Billlie - A Sign ~ Anonymous
09. Pixy - Natural
10. Le Sserafim - Antifragile

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 03:18:20 AM »
1. woo!ah! - Catch the Stars
2. IVE - After LIKE
3. LE SSERAFIM - ANTIFRAGILE
4. IVE - LOVE DIVE
5. LE SSERAFIM - FEARLESS
6. STAYC - BEAUTIFUL MONSTER
7. NewJeans - Ditto
8. Dreamcatcher - MAISON
9. STAYC - YOUNG LUV
10. STAYC - RUN2U

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 04:21:32 AM »
1. Mamamoo - Illella
2. Wheein - Make Me Happy
3. Mamamoo+ - Better
4. Taeyeon - INVU
5. Dreamcatcher - Fairytale
6. Seulgi - Dead Man Running
7. IVE - Love Dive
8. (g)i-dle - Already
9. EXID - Fire
10. Siyeon - Entrancing

Honorable Mentions: TWICE - Talk that Talk, , Seulgi - Los Angeles, Seori - Can't Stop This Party, Wheein - D-Day
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 09:22:02 AM by Kimuuu »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 06:46:08 PM »
10. Billie - GingaMingaYo (the strange world)

Last year, I completely missed out on Ring x Ring. Billlie deserved a spot on that list.
I'll make up for it this year by choosing this contemporary masterpiece over Aespa.   
Tsuki is the main attraction here. She's an incredible performancer and seems super sweet.

09. Dreamcatcher - Vision

Finally a song I can use to introduce Dreamcatcher to my friends. It has everything.
It's been a great year for them with their first win, another world tour and contract renewal.

08. Le Sserafim - The Great Mermaid

Le Sserafim already has tons of bangers, but I feel this one often gets overlooked.
There is something about this sound that has a bit of a nineties feel. Very nostalgic.

07. Lapillus - Hit Ya

Lapillus is definitely the biggest surprise of the year and a pleasant one at that.
They're the underdog in a world where IVE, Le Sserafim and Newjeans reign supreme.
This song is such a trip. Love the mix of the guitars, tribal drums and extended dance break.

06. Yena - Smiley (feat. Bibi)

Remember when people thought Yena would joing Everglow? Luckily she didn't.
This solo debut is pretty much perfect. It embodies everything about her. Very fun.

05. Red Velvet - Feel My Rhythm

Whenever a group samples a well known classical piece, it often feels cheap.
However, in this case they really went out all out and made it their own. It's genius.

04. Le Sserafim - Antifragile

When I heard this song for the first time, I was hesistant to say the least.
Nowadays it's the song I find myself humming to the most. Love the choreo as well.

03. Lapillus - Queendom

This song blew me away. It's like Everglow on crack.
It goes super hard and makes me smile every single time I listen to it.
It's a coupling song, so I'll include a link to a performance if you want to check it out.

Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Waw4B1miTU
02. IVE - Love Dive

This is *the* song that will define this generation. Honestly, it deserves to win the poll.
IVE had 37 wins in their rookie year, which is insane. Gonna be an amazing ride.

01. Le Sserafim - Blue Flame

Obviously I was excited about Le Sserafim's debut. Finally we got to see Chaewon and Sakura again!
Fearless was alright, but Blue Flame definitely appealed to me more.
The instrumentation, vocals lines, choreography. It's all very pleasant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runner-ups:

Aespa - Girls

I've had this in my potential top 10 throughout the year, but in the end it just fell short.
The synth during the dance break is epic, but it lost some points for the guitar sound.

PSY - That That (prod. & feat. SUGA of BTS)

I guess this is my quilty pleasure of the year. It's so much fun.
It's the song that celebrated the end of the pandemic.

Songs I also enjoyed a lot this year, in alphabetical order:

Bibi - Animal Farm
Billlie - Ring Ma Bell (What a Wonderful World)
Blackpink - Shut Down
GOT the beat - Step Back
IVE - After Like
Jo Yuri - Love Shhh!
Jo Yuri - Loveable
Jo Yuri - Maybe
Jo Yuri - Opening
Kep1er - The Girls (Can't Turn Me Down)
Lapillus - Gratata
Le Sserafim - Fearless
Le Sserafim - Good Parts
Rocket Punch - Chiquita
Seulgi - 28 Reasons
Taeyeon - Can't Control Myself
Yena - Smartphone
Yena - WithOrWithOut

All that aside, one of the best songs of the year sadly isn't eligible for this poll.
So my honorable mention goes to...

Rocket Punch - Doki Doki Love

Offline StrongStyle9Q

• Rainmaker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • The Last Dog
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 07:07:39 PM »
First things first... Chuu did nothing wrong. Boycott Loona

Anyway, this is the first time I've ever participated in one of these. How exciting. New blood.

1. Woo!Ah - Catch the Stars

My first Woo!ah song. And I was hooked immediately. It's an intense blast of serotonin all over my face, chest, mouth, etc. Stan Woo!ah

2. Le Sserafim - Blue Flame

Tbh, I wasn't super into Fearless when I heard it. So it took some self convincing to get myself to listen to their B sides. I'm glad I did. Blue Flame is fat on the bass, and it also came at a pretty important time of my life.

3. WJSN - Last Sequence

I discovered WJSN this year and I'm upset I didn't discover them sooner. This is such a vicious earworm, I had this shit on repeat... Nvm I still do.

4. Dreamcatcher - Fairytale

This song rules.

5. NewJeans - Hype Boy

I try not to get into groups that are super duper on the young side, but I can't deny how good this song is. I wouldn't consider myself a stan, but this song hypes me, boy.

6. Eunbi - Glitch

After releasing an electro swing song with Door, I couldn't say I expected a more intense sounding song for the next comeback. I'm glad she did though. Also the music video? Beautiful.

7. TWICE - Talk that Talk

After being thoroughly disappointed by scientist, Twice had a return to form with Talk that Talk. Super catchy hook, and a much higher energy than the last comeback. All the members (as far as I remember) did great!

8. Girls - Aespa

I'm still unsure what any of the lyrics mean or what a Kwangya even is... But I like it. It's a song that beats the shit outta you and I want more please.

9. ITZY - Cheshire

Tbh, I'm not a huge ITZY fan as far as the music is concerned. I kinda find a lot of the songs a little loud and exhausting to listen to. But this was different, but not too different like Boys like you (Which I really wasn't a fan of). This song is a little more playful, but not childish and definitely not as in your face as their other songs.

10. IVE - Love Dive

How on earth did they make all those young girls so powerful?

Honorable mentions

NMIXX - Cool
Woo!ah - Rollercoaster
Dreamcatcher - Vision
Le Sserafim - Impurities
Eunbi - Underwater
Rocket Punch - Chiquita
VIVIZ - Rum Pum Pum

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 09:32:26 AM »
Ok, I think I'm ready lolol

1. Mamamoo+ - Better
2. Mamamoo - Illella
3. Seulgi - 28 Reasons
4. Aespa - Illusion
5. WJSN - Last Sequence
6. EXID - Fire
7. Red Velvet - In My Dreams
8. Twice - Talk That Talk
9. Red Velvet - Feel My Rhythm
10. Kara - When I Move

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 03:48:27 PM »
 :tama:

Another guest list, this one's from *gasp* tamatron!

1. Feel My Rhythm / Red Velvet
2. Love Dive / IVE
3. Event Horizon / YOUNHA
4. Hype Boy / New Jeans
5. Generation / tripleS
6. In My Dreams / Red Velvet
7. Mood Lamp / SNSD
8. Lovin’ Me / FIFTY FIFTY
9. BAMBOLEO / Red Velvet
10. Walk With You / NCT Dream

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 10:19:09 PM »
And another guest list, this one's from Amelia!

1. Talk that Talk - TWICE
2. Generation - tripleS
3. Lovin’ Me - FiftyFifty
4. SMILEY - YENA
5. Love Love Love - VIVIZ
6. Catch the Stars - woo!ah!
7. YOUNG LUV - STAYC
8. LOVETICON - CSR
9. NO CELESTIAL - Le Sserafim
10. NO PROBLEM - Nayeon

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 06:00:08 PM »
1. IVE – LOVE DIVE
2. Le Sserafim – Antifragile
3. Dreamcatcher – Vision
4. Le Sserafim – FEARLESS
5. Billlie – RING ma Bell
6. Dreamcatcher – Maison
7. Limelight - StarLight
8. IVE – After Like
9. Kep1er – The GIRLS (Can’t turn me down)
10. aespa – Girls

Honorable mentions:
Aespa – illusion
Kep1er – MVSK
(G)I-DLE – Tomboy
PSY – That That (prod. & feat. SUGA of BTS)
Lapillus – HIT YA!
Dreamcatcher – Starlight
Le Sserafim – Blue Flame
Le Sserafim – Impurities
Le Sserafim – No Celestial
Le Sserafim – The World Is My Oyster
Le Sserafim – The Hydra
TWICE – Talk that Talk

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2023, 12:39:33 AM »
1. CSR- Pop! Pop!
2. Le Serrafim-No Celestial
3. CSR- Loveticon
4. IVE- Love Dive
5. WJSN- Last Sequence
6. Rocket Punch- Chiquita
7. Apink-Dilemma
8. Dreamcatcher-Vision
9. Yena- Smiley
10. Viviz- Bop Bop!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 09:50:29 AM »
Some more lists via discord/twitter, first up 21.29:

01. PIXY - Greetings
02. ITZY - Weapon (Feat. Newnion, FLOOR) (Prod. Czaer)
03. H1-KEY - ATHLETIC GIRL
04. NMIXX - O.O
05. BO RA (Cherry Bullet) - VLV (Viva La Vida)
06. Weeekly - Airplane Mode (Prod. LEE DAE HWI)
07. Yerin - Believer
08. LUNARSOLAR - Do you wanna get down
09. HUNJIYA - TALK2ME! (Feat. pH-1)
10. Red Velvet - Feel My Rhythm

sindorkumon, 1 to 10

Ditto - NewJeans
Cookie - NewJeans
Attention - NewJeans
Hype Boy - NewJeans
Underwater - Kwon Eunbi
Cheshire - Itzy
Step Back - GOT the beat
Girls - Aespa
Snowy - Itzy
TANK - NMIXX

DioBrando, 1 to 10

Taeyeon - INVU
IVE - Love Dive
New Jeans - Ditto
Blackpink - Shut Down
New Jeans - Cookie
Le Sserafim - Antifragile
Aespa - Illusion
Blackpink - Pink Venom
Seulgi - 28 Reasons`
NMIXX - TANK

Aline

1 - invu - taeyeon
2 - hype boy - newjeans
3 - ditto - newjeans
4 - cookie - newjeans
5 - antifragile - le sserafim
6 - attention - newjeans
7 - love dive - ive
8 - wildside - red velvet
9 - o.o - nmixx
10 - 28 reasons - seulgi
-
11 - talk that talk - twice
12 - pop! - nayeon
13 - pink venom - blackpink
14 - generation - triple S
15 - gingamingayo - billlie

"shout out to cruel by jackson and birthday by ten as well!"

Offline manatzukkyun

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
    • helsinkiddo
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2023, 04:03:24 PM »
10. Flip That (LOONA)
9. After Like (IVE) 
8. DICE (NMIXX)
7. Ditto (NewJeans)
6. RUN2U (STAYC)
5. FOREVER 1 (SNSD)
4. Girls (aespa)
3. ANTIFRAGILE (LE SSERAFIM)
2. When I Move (KARA)
1. GingaMingaYo (Billlie)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2023, 08:31:25 PM »
The votes have been tallied, and results are below. I've also made a Youtube playlist of all songs that got at least 10 points in the vote, so if I you want to get your results that way:

YouTube Playlist for JPHiP's Best Kpop Songs of 2022 - TOP 32

The playlist starts from the tied 30th position songs and finishes with number 1. Everyone just looking for the results can scroll downwards.

SPOILERS BELOW

Dive Into Ive

•  IVE take the crown with the echo-y dark pop anthem Love Dive, scoring a very nice 69 points in the process.

•  Newjeans take the silver medal with the lo-fi, dreamy dance track Ditto, amassing 50 points.

•  The bronze medal also goes to Newjeans as Hype Boy scores 49 points. Y2K is back and here to stay, baby! (Hopefully not all those world-ending bugs, tho...)

Hold up! First, an announcement!

• Check out dakodako.net/ksong , a little site I made for (almost) all the song polls we've had so far, stats and comparisons.
• 2 views, first, the yearly pages: Stats, stats, stats!
• second, the user pages: Check out your votes through the years and how they compare to actual placements.
TO-DO: There's plenty, but for example: 2010-2011 stats, overall statistics for groups and voting trends through the years, maybe some visuals, and whatever else I can come up with when I have the time.
• Feel free to suggest improvements, any and all thoughts are welcome. Now let's get back to the show:

Okay, now for the thoughts!

•  16 different people voted on 79 different songs. Same amount of people but less songs (down from 93) than last year. More consensus this year, then!
•  1st place was pretty clear, but 2nd and 3rd place were separated only by a single point. Some close scores and one tie in the top 10.
•  IVE made their debut in the top 10 last year already, placing fifth with their debut track Eleven. This time they take the crown with a clear 19 point lead and also nab the 10th place with After Like.
•  Newjeans' tracks were fighting each other until the end, but ultimately Ditto prevailed with a measly 1 point lead over Hype Boy for the silver medal. Cookie and Attention also placed in the top 10.
•  Le Sserafim were pretty close to the podium, with Antifragile losing by only 5 points to Hype Boy. They also take the 7th spot with Blue Flame.

Breaking records!

•  If we count IVE as a rookie group (they debuted in december 2021, but they are still widely considered rookies) then this is the first time ever that the top 3 consists solely of rookie groups. Hell, this is the first time the top FIVE consists solely of rookie groups. More than that, 8 of 10 of the top ten songs were by IVE (2), Newjeans (4) and Le Sserafim (2), all already juggernauts in the k-biz.
•  Conversely, many stalwarts were nowhere to be seen. (G)I-dle had a big year but only appeared on one list! Red Velvet only reached the 12th spot and Aespa was down at 18th. Nothing as crazy as what happened with (G)I-dle, tho.... one song... at 61st! Crazy. Mamamoo always has representation (I see you two, good job) but it wasn't quite enough for the top 10. Close, though!
•  Love Dive appeared on the most lists with 11 (no, not that eleven), which is an all-time record (since 2012 at least). Curiously, only one of those placements was a #1.
•  Speaking of, just 3 tracks managed to nab two #1 spots in the vote: Newjeans' Hype Boy, Taeyeon's Invu and Woo!ah!'s Catch the Stars. Rest had to do with one or less.
•  Newjeans also broke a long-standing record, this is the first time a group manages to appear 4 times in the top 10. Previous record of 3 was set by T-ara back in 2012, equaled by Blackpink in 2016 and Mamamoo in 2019 (well, sort of, the ties make that one a top 12).

The Best Kpop Songs of 2022
Points 1st 2nd 3rd Other Total
1. IVE Love Dive 69 1 3 0 7 11
2. Newjeans Ditto 50 1 1 2 3 7
3. Newjeans Hype Boy 49 2 1 0 3 6
4. Le Sserafim Antifragile 44 0 1 2 4 7
5. Newjeans Cookie 33 0 2 0 3 5
6. Taeyeon Invu 27 2 0 0 1 3
7. Le Sserafim Blue Flame 25 1 1 0 1 3
7. Woo!ah! Catch the Stars 25 2 0 0 1 3
9. Newjeans Attention 22 0 0 1 3 4
10. IVE After Like 21 0 1 0 3 4
11. WJSN Last Sequence 20 0 0 1 2 3
12. Red Velvet Feel My Rhythm 19 1 0 0 3 4
12. Mamamoo Illella 19 1 1 0 0 2
14. Mamamoo+ Better 18 1 0 1 0 2
15. Twice Talk that Talk 17 1 0 0 2 3
16. Nmixx O.O 15 0 0 0 3 3
16. AAA (tripleS) Generation 15 0 1 0 1 2
18. Aespa Girls 14 0 0 0 4 4
18. Stayc Run2u 14 0 0 1 2 3
18. Yena Smiley (feat. Bibi) 14 0 0 0 3 3
21. Dreamcatcher Vision 13 0 0 1 2 3
21. Dreamcatcher Fairytale 13 0 0 0 2 2
21. Le Sserafim Fearless 13 0 0 0 2 2
24. Seulgi 28 Reasons 11 0 0 1 2 3
24. Aespa Illusion 11 0 0 0 2 2
24. Billlie Gingamingayo 11 1 0 0 1 2
24. CSR Loveticon 11 0 0 1 1 2
24. Fifty Fifty Lovin' Me 11 0 0 1 1 2
24. Le Sserafim No Celestial 11 0 1 0 1 2
30. Kara When I Move 10 0 1 0 1 2
30. CSR Pop! Pop! 10 1 0 0 0 1
30. Pixy Greetings 10 1 0 0 0 1
33. Red Velvet In My Dreams 9 0 0 0 2 2
33. Itzy Weapon 9 0 1 0 0 1
33. Wheein Make Me Happy 9 0 1 0 0 1
36. Dreamcatcher Maison 8 0 0 0 2 2
36. Stayc Beautiful Monster 8 0 0 0 2 2
36. Bibi Animal Farm 8 0 0 1 0 1
36. H1-Key Athletic Girl 8 0 0 1 0 1
36. Lapillus Queendom 8 0 0 1 0 1
36. Younha Event Horizon 8 0 0 1 0 1
42. EXID Fire 7 0 0 0 2 2
42. Itzy Cheshire 7 0 0 0 2 2
42. Blackpink Shut Down 7 0 0 0 1 1
45. Stayc Young Luv 6 0 0 0 2 2
45. Billlie Ring ma Bell 6 0 0 0 1 1
45. Bo Ra VLV (Viva La Vida) 6 0 0 0 1 1
45. Girls' Generation Forever 1 6 0 0 0 1 1
45. Kwon Eunbi Underwater 6 0 0 0 1 1
45. Viviz Love Love Love 6 0 0 0 1 1
51. Kwon Eunbi Glitch 5 0 0 0 1 1
51. Rocket Punch Chiquita 5 0 0 0 1 1
51. Seulgi Dead Man Running 5 0 0 0 1 1
51. Weeekly Airplane Mode 5 0 0 0 1 1
55. Apink Dilemma 4 0 0 0 1 1
55. GOT the Beat Step Back 4 0 0 0 1 1
55. Girls' Generation Mood Lamp 4 0 0 0 1 1
55. Lapillus Hit Ya! 4 0 0 0 1 1
55. Limelight Starlight 4 0 0 0 1 1
55. Yerin Believer 4 0 0 0 1 1
61. (G)I-DLE Already 3 0 0 0 1 1
61. Billlie A Sign ~ Anonymous 3 0 0 0 1 1
61. Blackpink Pink Venom 3 0 0 0 1 1
61. Le Sserafim The Great Mermaid 3 0 0 0 1 1
61. Lunarsolar Do You Wanna Get Down 3 0 0 0 1 1
61. Nmixx Dice 3 0 0 0 1 1
61. Red Velvet Wildside 3 0 0 0 1 1
68. Nmixx Tank 2 0 0 0 2 2
68. Hunjiya Talk2me! 2 0 0 0 1 1
68. Itzy Snowy 2 0 0 0 1 1
68. Kep1er The Girls 2 0 0 0 1 1
68. Pixy Natural 2 0 0 0 1 1
68. Red Velvet Bamboleo 2 0 0 0 1 1
74. Loona Flip That 1 0 0 0 1 1
74. NCT Dream Walk with You 1 0 0 0 1 1
74. Nayeon No Problem 1 0 0 0 1 1
74. Newjeans Hurt 1 0 0 0 1 1
74. Siyeon Entrancing 1 0 0 0 1 1
74. Viviz Bop Bop! 1 0 0 0 1 1

Let's meta it up

•  Again, two group tables this time. On the left I've counted every vote, and on the right, only the top vote for that group in each voter's list. Leftmost list can illustrate a wider range of strong material, and the rightmost focuses on the single strongest effort put out by the group. Rightmost list can also weed out group bias in some cases.
•  The three rookie groups that dominated the top 10 songs also dominate these lists - the difference in points to the rest of the artists is staggering.
•  Newjeans are the clear winner on the left side, placing 23 times with 5 different tracks - everything they released last year!
•  IVE take the win on the right side, placing on 12/16 people's lists with their two songs. And as mentioned earlier, Love Dive alone placed on a record 11 lists.
•  Le Sserafim placed second on both lists, appearing on 10 different people's lists with 5 different songs.
•  Newjeans scored the most #1 spots on both lists with 3. They also score the most overall podium spots with 10.
•  If we look at the right list and only consider a single podium spot for each group from each list, Le Sserafim has the most with 6.

The Best Kpop Songs of 2022 - by artist
1. Newjeans 155 3 4 3 13 23
2. Le Sserafim 96 1 3 2 9 15
3. IVE 90 1 4 0 10 15
4. Dreamcatcher 34 0 0 1 6 7
5. Red Velvet 33 1 0 0 7 8
6. Stayc 28 0 0 1 6 7
7. Taeyeon 27 2 0 0 1 3
8. Aespa 25 0 0 0 6 6
8. Woo!ah! 25 2 0 0 1 3
10. CSR 21 1 0 1 1 3
11. Nmixx 20 0 0 0 6 6
11. Billlie 20 1 0 0 3 4
11. WJSN 20 0 0 1 2 3
14. Mamamoo 19 1 1 0 0 2
15. Itzy 18 0 1 0 3 4
15. Mamamoo+ 18 1 0 1 0 2
17. Twice 17 1 0 0 2 3
18. Seulgi 16 0 0 1 3 4
19. AAA (tripleS) 15 0 1 0 1 2
20. Yena 14 0 0 0 3 3
21. Lapillus 12 0 0 1 1 2
21. Pixy 12 1 0 0 1 2
23. Fifty Fifty 11 0 0 1 1 2
23. Kwon Eunbi 11 0 0 0 2 2
25. Blackpink 10 0 0 0 2 2
25. Girls' Generation 10 0 0 0 2 2
25. Kara 10 0 1 0 1 2
28. Wheein 9 0 1 0 0 1
29. Bibi 8 0 0 1 0 1
29. H1-Key 8 0 0 1 0 1
29. Younha 8 0 0 1 0 1
32. EXID 7 0 0 0 2 2
32. Viviz 7 0 0 0 2 2
34. Bo Ra 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. Rocket Punch 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Weeekly 5 0 0 0 1 1
37. Apink 4 0 0 0 1 1
37. GOT the Beat 4 0 0 0 1 1
37. Limelight 4 0 0 0 1 1
37. Yerin 4 0 0 0 1 1
41. (G)I-DLE 3 0 0 0 1 1
41. Lunarsolar 3 0 0 0 1 1
43. Hunjiya 2 0 0 0 1 1
43. Kep1er 2 0 0 0 1 1
45. Loona 1 0 0 0 1 1
45. NCT Dream 1 0 0 0 1 1
45. Nayeon 1 0 0 0 1 1
45. Siyeon 1 0 0 0 1 1
The Best Kpop Songs of 2022 - by artist
1. IVE 75 1 4 0 7 12
2. Le Sserafim 72 1 3 2 4 10
3. Newjeans 68 3 1 1 4 9
4. Dreamcatcher 29 0 0 1 5 6
5. Taeyeon 27 2 0 0 1 3
6. Aespa 25 0 0 0 6 6
6. Woo!ah! 25 2 0 0 1 3
8. Red Velvet 24 1 0 0 4 5
9. Stayc 22 0 0 1 3 4
10. Nmixx 20 0 0 0 6 6
10. Billlie 20 1 0 0 3 4
10. WJSN 20 0 0 1 2 3
13. Mamamoo 19 1 1 0 0 2
14. Mamamoo+ 18 1 0 1 0 2
15. Twice 17 1 0 0 2 3
16. Seulgi 16 0 0 1 3 4
16. Itzy 16 0 1 0 2 3
18. AAA (tripleS) 15 0 1 0 1 2
19. Yena 14 0 0 0 3 3
20. CSR 13 1 0 0 1 2
21. Pixy 12 1 0 0 1 2
22. Fifty Fifty 11 0 0 1 1 2
22. Kwon Eunbi 11 0 0 0 2 2
24. Girls' Generation 10 0 0 0 2 2
24. Kara 10 0 1 0 1 2
26. Wheein 9 0 1 0 0 1
27. Bibi 8 0 0 1 0 1
27. H1-Key 8 0 0 1 0 1
27. Lapillus 8 0 0 1 0 1
27. Younha 8 0 0 1 0 1
31. EXID 7 0 0 0 2 2
31. Viviz 7 0 0 0 2 2
31. Blackpink 7 0 0 0 1 1
34. Bo Ra 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. Rocket Punch 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Weeekly 5 0 0 0 1 1
37. Apink 4 0 0 0 1 1
37. GOT the Beat 4 0 0 0 1 1
37. Limelight 4 0 0 0 1 1
37. Yerin 4 0 0 0 1 1
41. (G)I-DLE 3 0 0 0 1 1
41. Lunarsolar 3 0 0 0 1 1
43. Hunjiya 2 0 0 0 1 1
43. Kep1er 2 0 0 0 1 1
45. Loona 1 0 0 0 1 1
45. NCT Dream 1 0 0 0 1 1
45. Nayeon 1 0 0 0 1 1
45. Siyeon 1 0 0 0 1 1

Whoowee, there we go! Yo, feel free to post your thoughts, feelings and questions about the ranking. :P

And if you missed it, check out the new site:

dakodako.net/ksong
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 11:48:22 PM by Stryfe »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 11:03:31 AM »
02. IVE - Love Dive

This is *the* song that will define this generation. Honestly, it deserves to win the poll.

The people have spoken and I'm happy with all the results.

Random thoughts:
- Hybe is absolutely killing it with their new girl groups. Both Newjeans and Le Sserafim having this many different entries is quite a feat!
- It's not just (G)I-dle, but Blackpink really fell off this year as well. Personally I was super disappointed with their 'Born Pink' album.
- The big JYP groups are falling behind as well. Twice and ITZY barely made top 20. They should've come to Europe. :V
- Last year was also the rise of quite a few 'hit or miss' groups, like Billlie, NMIXX and Lapillus. Glad we have groups like these who can take a risk and spice things up.

I'm worried whether IVE can maintain their success in the long term.
Unlike Le Sserafim, IVE doesn't feel as balanced in terms of member popularity.
For example, if Wonyoung decides to pursue other interests, they're done.
I'm also concerned about Liz. I fear she might drop out. She doesn't look happy.
Aw well, let's enjoy the ride for now and see where it goes. It's been great so far!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 12:34:02 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2023, 08:19:46 AM »
The song poll archive site now has some user stats, voting trends, top artists and voting similarities with other users etc! Also has a mobile view now.

I'll add some artist/song-specific stats next. Any feedback is appreciated!

http://dakodako.net/ksong/

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo