JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - UTSUKUSHII INAZUMA

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 314940 times)

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 05:31:17 AM »
It was only 8:30 and yet, they were leaving the flat for a 10:00 appointment. The way from Hitomi’s place to Medical City wasn’t that long. But the traffic was vary unpredictable. To make it surely on time, they have to anticipate road accidents, construction and detours.

Arriving at the hospital 20 minutes early, Ayaka wasn’t surprised that the wheelchair she requested for Rika wasn’t ready. Rika wanted to just walk to the clinic. I’m not paralyzed! Growing impatient, Rika pulled at Ayaka.

Ayaka understanding what Rika wanted to do, “Shouldn’t we wait for the wheelchair to get here?”

Rika shook her head and pointed at her feet. I can walk.

Ayaka took Rika’s hand and the two walked to the clinic. Arriving, still with time to spare, they sat on the couch outside the clinic. The hospital looked more like a hotel than a hospital.

A lab attendant approached them. “Miss Rika? The doctors are here. Please fill this up” giving a form to Rika.

Rika took the form and filled in the proper spaces. She left the space for her address blank. “Ma’am will you be using Medicare?”

Ayaka butted in “No, we’ve already paid in advance. In cash.”

The attendant was surprised because the check up was pretty expensive and the ordered tests had many specifics: all female staff, freshest stock of medications, additional tests. What on earth is an R-Test? I’ve never heard of this procedure.   She took the form from Rika. Checking the contents she noticed a space blank.

“Please fill up this space, ma’am” pointing at the empty address space.

Rika hesitated. It looked as if she either didn’t have an address or she really didn’t want to write it down.

Seeing Rika’s discomfort, Ayaka took the form. “Let me…” She filled the space with Hitomi’s address. “She just moved here so she hasn’t memorized her new address yet.” Ayaka lied to the attendant.

Just before Rika entered the clinic, Ayaka held her hand and gave it a squeeze “I’ll be right here, Rika… ”

Offline gloopip

• e c o m o n i s t
  • Member+
  • ♥rika♥
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 05:42:55 AM »
yay update!! :w00t: :muffin: :otomerika:

wow rika's really lucky that ayaka and hitomi were taking care of her, i can't wait to see rika and yossy's meeting  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

looking forward to see the other chapters! :w00t:  :gmon hot:

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 05:43:38 AM »
The title fits the story pretty well :D I love Yossui as the heroine and I can imagine that look on her face when she went to save Rika. Keep it up! Uhh, I wonder how Rika and Ayaka's relationship will develop later. Will Ayaka be the nice middleman for Ishiyoshi or will she pick Rika up?

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 05:49:44 AM »
Aww, Ayaka's so sweet! And  XD that Rika thought Yossy was a guy! Man, Rika seems to be living a strange life. No contact with Japanese ppl for the past however many years. And all the scars and bruises don't help either. Like a constant reminder of the horror. I hope we get to hear more about Rika's past and Yossy's too. Rika's still hasn't spoken, huh? They don't know how adorable her voice is! The R-Test must be rape test? I hope she wasn't! That would make it a lot worse.
Can't wait to read more! You're doing great!  :yep:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 05:53:20 AM »
wow... you guys are fast readers... update!!!

Ayaka was glad she brought her laptop computer with her because WiFi was available at the hospital. At least, she can still do some work while waiting. She was checking last month’s financial report when her cellphone rang.

“Moshi moshi…” Ayaka greeted Hitomi.

“Ayaka, It’s me…”

“I know it’s you… It says so on the caller ID. Why’d you call?”

“Is Rika in?”

“Yes… She got in 30 minutes ago. How was the golf game?”

“It was ok. The weather was good. I won the game and the contract.”

“It’s good that the client is a good sport. Otherwise you’d have to lose the game to win the contract.”

“I know. But I really wasn’t thinking about the game. I was more worried about Rika…”

“She’s okay… we didn’t even use that wheelchair you asked for”

“What?! I told you to let her use the wheelchair—“ Hitomi was interrupted by Ayaka.

“She’s not THAT weak, Yoshiko. And I don’t think it’s in your place to think she is.”

Hitomi fell silent.

“I’m sorry, Yoshiko.”

“No. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have spoken to you like that.”

“It’s okay. Anyway, I found out some things about Rika that might interest you. Her full name is Ishikawa Rika.”

“Ishikawa?” I’ve heard that name before…

“She’s 23 years old, born on the 19th of January so she’s a few month older than you. She didn’t write her address on the medical information form. I don’t know why but I have a feeling that she doesn’t want anybody to know where she’s from. So I wrote your address instead.”

“… That’s all right… She will be staying with me for awhile… Thank you for the info…”

“Will you call for the Eyes to know more?”

“I might… but I’m not sure… I think there are things I might not want know… and it’s been a while since I called for them…”

“Yoshiko…”

“I’ll know once I get the results…”

“What tests did you request for, anyway?”

“I requested for standard blood test and stress test. I also asked for ECG and CT scan … … and a rape test…”

“Yoshiko, you didn’t…”

“Yes, I did… I requested an all-female staff and that she be administered general anesthetic for the test”

“Do you really have to know if she was…?”

Hitomi fell silent.

“If she was, will you tell her?”

“If she was raped, I think the test result wouldn’t matter to her… but… I’ll know once I get the results…”

“Yoshiko, I hope you know what you are doing…”

“I hope so too…”

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 06:00:28 AM »
thank you to everyone who had read my fic.

Four hours later, Rika walks out of the clinic. Ayaka was sitting on the couch, patiently waiting for her.

“Are you feeling okay?”

Rika looked exhausted but she smiled at Ayaka and nodded at her.

“Okay, I’ll take you home. Yoshiko is also on her way home. She will get the test results in 3 days… Wait here…” Seating Rika on the couch.

Ayaka approached and asked the attendant “A wheelchair, please”.

Rika was really tired. She almost fell asleep on the couch.

A lab attendant assisted Rika onto the wheelchair and took her out to Ayaka’s car.

Having seated Rika safely in the car, Ayaka texted Hitomi. “We’re on our way home”.

While Ayaka was driving back to Hitomi’s place, Rika fell asleep.

Rika found herself in a small room, lying on the floor, alone in the dark. Everything was quiet. A door opened and a streak of light came in.Outside, she saw the silhouette of Hitomi. Standing up, she walked to the door only to find nobody there.

A familiar voice was calling her.

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 06:02:31 AM »
Aww its so cute how Yossui is all worried about Rika
I REALLY hope she wasn't raped
that would be horrid
and where had yossui heard Ishikawa before? hmm...

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 06:07:53 AM »
We're fast readers because you're such a fast updater! But it's cool that way! Yossy's such a teddy bear! She must know Rika from somewhere though. Very suspicious.... :mon dunno: What are the "Eyes"? Some kind of spies? So it is a rape test....I hope it's negative! What's with Rika's dream? Strange. But I'm so interested!!!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 06:12:49 AM »
author's note: from this point on "underlined dialog lines (that look like this)" are responses written down by characters, usually Rika, who is still not speaking.

new chapter up!

Driving by the condo building, Ayaka saw Hitomi waiting anxiously on the sidewalk beside a lamp post. That eager beaver.

Ayaka parked her car on the roadside as Hitomi walked to over to meet them.

“I see you want to be alone with her tonight…” Ayaka joking at Hitomi.

Ignoring Ayaka’s joke, “I’ll see you tomorrow morning, breakfast.”

“Gyokai, Gyokai! Undoukai!” Ayaka said with a salute.

Hitomi smiled “You can be so weird at times.”

“I know… anyway, I’ll be leaving Ms. Ishikawa in your hands. Be nice to her, okay?”

Taking a sleeping Rika in her arms and carrying her off to the building, Hitomi looked back at Ayaka. “Don’t worry, I’ll be nice!”

Rika walked out of the room. She wanted to find Hitomi. At first, she didn’t know where she was. She kept on walking. She heard her father’s voice calling her name. She missed him so much. She followed the voice, hoping to find him. The voice led her to Hitomi’s condo. Walking on, She found a door in the middle of the room. Out of curiosity, she opened the door. Out of nowhere, a hand pushed her in. When she looked back, the door and the person who pushed her were gone.

She looked around trying to figure out where she was and found the place familiar— Sampaloc, Manila… the last place in the world she wanted to be…

Hitomi laid Rika on the bed in the guest room. She looked tired but she slept peacefully. Hitomi took a chair to the bedside and sat on it, gazing at Rika. Gently brushing off hair that fell on Rika’s face, Hitomi saw her face clearly for the first time. she felt blood rushing to her face.

She’s pretty. Hitomi slapped herself on the face. This is not the time to be thinking of these things.

Hitomi continued watching her in her slumber.

They were there, outside the small apartment. That her stepmother and that man. It was as if they were waiting for someone. As if they were waiting for her. A van parked by the road. An angry-looking short dark man emerged. The man looked familiar.

Suddenly Rika’s expression fell. She tossed and turned in bed. Her peaceful expression turned into an agitated look. Tears rolled her cheeks as she shook her head. She breathed heavily.

They looked towards her direction and saw her.  The recognized her and began running to her. Rika wanted to run away. But before she could turn, the woman she called Auntie had grabbed her arm and pulled her to that van again. No… please!

Hitomi did not know what to do. “Rika? … Rika!” Hitomi called to Rika, hoping she wakes up.  “Rika, wake up!”

Rika suddenly got up, her eyes wide open, short of breath and her heart beating like crazy.

Hitomi took Rika into her arms. “Rika… Don’t be afraid… I’m right here” Hitomi whispered into her ear.

Rika heard the soft whisper and felt Hitomi’s warm embrace. Rika sighed in relief. It was all just a dream. She saved me again.

“Are you okay?”

Rika nodded. Hitomi opened the bedside drawer and took a small sketchpad and a marker out.

“Here. Tell me with this.”

Rika nodded in comprehension of Hitomi’s idea. She took the marker and flipped a page on the sketchbook. “I’m okay now, thank you, Hitomi-san.”

“You’re welcome. But please, just call me Hitomi.”

“Okay… Thank you, Hitomi. I’m sorry I worried you”

“It’s nothing. It’s good that I was here to wake you up”

Rika just nodded.

“Anyway, you hungry?”

“Yes, Ayaka and I, we didn’t each lunch. She must be hungry too. Where is she?”

“Oh, Ayaka had some work to do and had to leave early but she said she’ll be here to cook breakfast for us tomorrow!”

In bold letters, Rika wrote “HOORAY!”

“I bought food. It’s in the kitchen.” Hitomi braced herself to carry Rika *again*.

Rika hesitated. Taking the sketchpad, “Hitomi, I can walk”

“Sorry… I thought you were still tired.”

Rika shook her head. No, not anymore

Hitomi walked ahead of Rika to the kitchen where the lomi (noodle soup) and siopao (dimsum) from Chowking that Hitomi bought for dinner were waiting.

The food was turning cold but both Hitomi and Rika were to lazy to heat it up. Rika was amazed at how much Hitomi ate. Rika had to force herself to finish one bowl of lomi and one snack size siopao (so that Hitomi wouldn’t be disappointed) while Hitomi was already on her third bowl and second regular sized siopao. Rika remembered her father who could eat that much. ~To-san. She missed him. A teardrop rolled down her cheek. Hitomi caught the teardrop with her thumb and wiped it away. She didn’t say anything but  placed her hand on Rika’s.

If there’s something troubling you that you think you can’t handle alone, you can tell me.

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 06:19:55 AM »
Poor Rika probably reliving her earlier experiance in her dream
it was cute how she was trying to find Yossui the whole time

Rika remembered her father who could eat that much. ~To-san. She missed him. A teardrop rolled down her cheek. Hitomi caught the teardrop with her thumb and wiped it away. She didn’t say anything but  placed her hand on Rika’s.

If there’s something troubling you that you think you can’t handle alone, you can tell me.

That. Was. So. Sweet.
*dies*

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 06:25:47 AM »
don't die!!! i still need readers!!! :lol:

Three days later, Hitomi woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. She took a shower and dressed up before heading to the kitchen where Ayaka and Rika were cooking up her breakfast. Both girls did not notice her presence as they seemed to have a lot of fun cooking.

“Good morning, ladies…” She warmly greeted them.

Rika simply smiled at Hitomi. Hitomi couldn’t ignore that smile. The smile looked familiar but Hitomi could not recall when she saw that smile. She’s been thinking about it for days but she just couldn’t recall.

“Well, well, well… our lord has finally awaken!” Ayaka replied mocking Hitomi. “And just in time. We just finished preparing breakfast…. Actually, I just toasted you a bagel… Rika here cooked your breakfast… again… You should thank her…”

Taking a bite on her bagel with bacon and egg, “Thank you, Rika, Ayaka would’ve poisoned me with her cooking if you were not here to prepare my breakfast,” Hitomi said to the annoyance of Ayaka.

Rika picked up her tea cup.

Ayaka remarked. “kawaii!!! You hold cups with your pinky up?” Imitating Rika.

Hitomi notices Rika’s strange habit and suddenly blurted out. “You really hold coffee cups like that?”

Rika blushed in embarrassment but nodded to Hitomi’s question.

“Kawaii!!!” Hitomi said out loud.

Ayaka laughed out loud because Hitomi wasn’t really the type to say kawaii a lot.

Rika looked at her pinky finger. ~Ka-san . But her nostalgic moment was broken when Hitomi gave her a light peck on the cheek. She did the same to Ayaka.

“Oh, man! I’m gonna be late! Ayaka, keep Rika company… I’ll see you two later!”

“Bye, Yoshiko… I’ll take care of Rika-chan for you, don’t worry.”

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 06:28:47 AM »
So why do I get the feeling that Rika was sold into servitude to pay off some family debts or something? :cry:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 06:37:06 AM »
^
I hope not! That sounds sad.... :cry:

Man, you update insanely quick! Yossy and Rika finally got to spend time together! SOOOO CUTEEEE!  :inlove: :inlove: Rika was forcibly taken from her family, huh? I hate to think about it, but I think JFC is right..... :( Ayaka's such a mom! She just cares for Rika like her kid. I guess she kinda looks out for Yossy too!
Makes me think of almond-sama's story where Miki and Yossy were sick and Ayaka came to take care of them! Such a nice mommy!!!

Offline gloopip

• e c o m o n i s t
  • Member+
  • ♥rika♥
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 08:06:08 AM »
sugoi quick updates! :w00t:
you rock tru_harmony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kneelbow:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 08:19:04 AM »
Rika and Ayaka started cleaning up the breakfast table as soon as Hitomi left.

While Rika was washing the dishes, Ayaka felt her cellphone vibrate. It was a text message from Hitomi: "Take care of her while I’m gone."

Ayaka just had to smile. Yoshiko…

Ayaka and Rika sat themselves down in Hitomi’s huge couch.

“What do you want to do?” Ayaka asked the still-not-speaking Rika.

Placing the sketchbook on her lap she began drawing. After finishing her drawing, she showed it to Ayaka. At first, Ayaka didn’t know what to make of it. Rika wasn’t a painter after all. She thought about it for a while. Rika grew impatient and took back the sketchpad. She wrote at the upper part. “Window Shopping

“Oh, you want to go out and check out shops…”

Rika nodded enthusiastically.

“I thought it was that but I wasn’t so sure. Anyway, it’s okay if we go out. Yoshiko didn’t say anything about that... Let’s get you dressed!”

The two went back to the guest bedroom where Ayaka kept the clothes she lent to Rika. Knowing that the bruises on her legs were still visible, shorts and skirts were a no-no. Ayaka took out a pair of white pants and a light blue venus-cut shirt that had “cutie” printed on it and laid them on the bed. She also opened a drawer and fished out a strapless bra and took out a pair of light blue Birkenstock sandals.

“Here, wear these. I’ll be waiting for you outside.”

Rika saw the set of clothes. ~Kawaii Everything fits perfectly just like yesterday. That made her wonder because, she and Ayaka weren’t the same size. But nonetheless, the clothes were beautiful and had a nice fit. She stepped out of the room to see Ayaka eagerly waiting for her to emerge.

“YOU ARE SO KAWAII!!!” Ayaka just had to declare it to the whole world.

Ayaka and Rika held hands as they left Hitomi’s condo. Rika was all smiles and was reactive to what Ayaka was saying (She was basically talking about Hitomi). But in the elevator, there were moments when both of them were silent and a sad smile escaped Rika’s lips.

“Rika, are you all right?” Ayaka asked, getting worried about Rika.

Noticing that Ayaka was getting worried about her, Rika brightened up her expression with a “happy smile”

Ayaka thought to herself. She’s a nice girl. Yoshiko would be doing herself a favor keeping this girl around.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:30:52 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 08:50:32 AM »

The two chose to walk to the closest mall to Hitomi’s place, Greenbelt. It was only four blocks away. Plus the traffic was crazy. Getting to the mall by car might take them an hour.

The two entered each store. Unknown to Rika, who really just wanted to go window shopping, Ayaka was buying her stuff like crazy left and right. Anything that Rika liked, tried on and anything Ayaka thought would look nice on Rika, Ayaka bought behind the other girl’s back. Of course, she asked the store personnel to hold on to her purchased merchandise so not to arouse the suspicion of Rika.

In her mind, Ayaka gave out an evil laugh. I will make you look even more kawaii~

It was past noon when they exited the last store. They’ve checked out every single store. Now, all this shopping/ window shopping made the two very hungry.

Ayaka’s stomach was grumbling and Rika was so hungry that she could eat a horse!

Ayaka turned to Rika and asked. “What kind of food do you like?”

“Japanese” Rika quickly wrote down.

Seeing a Japanese restaurant near by, Ayaka decided that they eat there.

Rika looked funny, wide-eyed at the menu.

“What do you want to eat, Rika?”

Shiratama Dumplings with red beans” She even drew one.

“Okay… I’ll have ramen.”

While eating, Ayaka talked about Hitomi. Rika was very much entertained by Ayaka’s stories and made her want to know her savior personally. She felt strangely about her. As if they’ve known each other before.

“We became best friends in middle school. She was always the boyish and reserved type. But can be very, very funny if she wants to. We have another best friend here in the Philippines. Her name is Mai. You haven’t met her yet but you will soon. When Hitomi moved, Mai and I decided to follow her here. She didn’t really connect with people very well so we supported her while she was getting used to her new position in the company… Their father—” her story was interrupted when her cellphone rang. It was Hitomi.

“Moshi moshi…”

“Ayaka, where are you?”

“I’m eating lunch out…”

“Is Rika with you?”

“Of course!”

“Why didn’t you, at least, text me that you were going out? When I called the house and nobody was answering. I got worried”

“No need to worry about us, Yoshiko, we’re fine…”

“Anyway, I’ll be home by five. See you two later”

“Bye.”

Ayaka turned to Rika. “That was Yoshiko. She said she’ll be home by five… … which gives me an idea…”

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 08:59:23 AM »

In her mind, Ayaka gave out an evil laugh. I will make you look even more kawaii~

Ayaka turned to Rika. “That was Yoshiko. She said she’ll be home by five… … which gives me an idea…”

I hope I'm just reading into this too deeply...Ayaka is just a good friend right? Or is she planning to steal Rika away?

And I really want to know where Rika and Yossie met before, they find each other familiar..back in Japan? Or was Yossie's father or someone close to her sort of involved in whatever that happened to Rika? Then maybe they can recognise each other..Or maybe they are just long-lost childhood friends (:lol: this will be fairytale like Ishiyoshi )

Keep on updating!

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 09:08:27 AM »
On the contrary I feel Ayaka's just trying to hook Yossi up with Rika. She knows Yossi is lonely and Rika's a good girl.  :heart:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 09:20:01 AM »
Having eaten their fill and paid their bill, Ayaka led Rika back to every store to pick-up everything Ayaka bought for Rika.

Rika was in shock as she has never left a mall carrying ten shopping bags before. Ayaka held the other sixteen bags. Ayaka didn’t even had to say anything to the clerks and cashiers. She just approached the counter and a bag would be given to her. And then they just walked out again.

“Rika, you wanna hang out at my place for awhile? Yoshiko won’t be home for an hour. My place is just around that corner”

Rika just nodded as she couldn’t get her sketchbook out. Her hands were literally full.

Ayaka unlocked the door to a condo unit, a little smaller than Hitomi’s but it had a warmer ambiance.

“Welcome to my home…”

Rika followed Ayaka inside who let her sit on the sofa.

“Wait here, okay? I’ll just get you something to drink. Is orange juice good?

Rika just nodded. She couldn’t find her bag with the sketchbook among the shopping bags.

Rika looked around the room and noticed an end table. It had many pictures on it. A lot of them were taken in Hawaii. There were also pictures of Ayaka and Hitomi with another girl. If her guess is correct, that would be Mai. She saw pictures of them still wearing their school uniform. Even then, even when wearing a skirt, Hitomi looked dashing.

She blushed remembering that Hitomi gave her a kiss on the cheek this morning. If Ayaka and Hitomi were that close, and Hitomi gave her and Ayaka the same farewell, it’s possible that Hitomi wants to be close friends with her too. She closed her eyes and folded her hands together as she daydreamed about Hitomi.

“Ah… I see you’ve seen the pictures of young Yoshiko…”

Rika ‘s yes popped open when she heard Ayaka, who was standing right in front of her with a glass of orange juice. Rika cheeks flushed at the embarrassment. Ayaka just laughed it off.

“You’re not the first girl to have closed your eyes and folded your hands together while daydreaming about Yoshiko. She really is the ladies’ man… errr… lady…”

Rika really didn’t know what to do. She was worried that Ayaka might tell on her. And as if Ayaka was psychic,

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell her. She’s pretty dense too so she wouldn’t get it even if I tell her.

Rika was relieved. She didn’t want Hitomi to think that she is a superficial girl. Come on, we just met.

Taking one picture from the small table, Ayaka felt nostalgic.

“This is a picture of Hitomi, Mai and me just before we left Japan. That was in 2005. Among us three, only Yoshiko hasn’t flown back to Japan, even for vacation.” The feeling of nostalgia reminded her of how little time they have before Hitomi gets home. Looking at her watch, “Oh, it’s almost time! We’re gonna be late! Follow me, Rika…”

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »
It’s already 5:30 pm. An anxious Hitomi was pretty annoyed with Ayaka. I told her I’ll be home by five. Where on earth are they?

Finally, ten minutes later, the door opens. Ayaka with a huge grin on her face stood alone across Hitomi who stood right in front of the door anticipating their arrival.

“Where have you been? I told you I’ll be home by five.”

“Oh, here and there… … … We went shopping!... …”

“Where’s Rika?”

“Oh, Rika… come here…”

Ayaka led Rika to a speechless Hitomi whose mood instantly changed. Rika wore an elegant blouse (from MNG) and tight-fitting pants (from Marks and Spencer) that showed off her curves. It revealed a very attractive blushing Rika.

Closing the door behind her, Ayaka asked Hitomi. “So, what do you think…”

“You did a good job…”

“So you’re not mad at us for being late?”

“Mad? Me? Of course not… I’m cool...”

“And for getting all this? I used your card extension.” bringing in all the shopping bags in a trolley.

“That’s a lot… but no… I’m not mad at you for getting just that… with the card extension.”

Ayaka and Hitomi gave an evil grin to each other in front of a confused Rika. Ayaka asked Rika to wait in the living room. Once she was far enough from earshot, “Ayaka, You are a sneaky devil…”

“I know… that’s why we became friends, right?”

“Right”

The two followed Rika into the living room where she was sitting on the couch..

Ayaka lifted one bag.

“We both figured that we wouldn’t be able to prepare dinner for tonight so we
brought home some food… I’ll just unpack everything in the kitchen.”

“Hey, what do you mean ‘I’ll’? let us help you—”

“No. no, no, no, no, no… You two go bond over there… Shouldn’t you at least try to get to know the girl who’ll be living with you… … … for a while?”

Catching her drift, Hitomi joins Rika on the couch with her sketchpad.

“Thank you so much, Hitomi. Ayaka didn't tell me that all that stuff was for me until we had to unload everything from the car. She said you're paying for all that!”

“You are welcome. I like having you here. For a while i've been coming home to an empty condo... And you'll be needing those clothes.”

“Is it really all right for me to be staying here? Ayaka told me you are a very busy person.”

“Don’t worry about it. I needed company after all.”

“But maybe I can do something to pay you back for what you’ve been doing for me”

“You don’t need to do anything.”

“I insist. I don’t want to be a burden to you.”

“Well then, maybe… … hmm… you can help me here around the house… like cook, probably… I really don’t get to eat real food for breakfast and dinner here unless Ayaka and Mai come over.”

“Okay. I’ll do it! Thank you so much” Rika suddenly hugged Hitomi.

Hitomi froze at the gesture. What surprised her more was that she didn’t push Rika away. She wasn’t a very touchy-feely person. She didn’t really like being hugged. Wait… I hugged her the other day… Even Ayaka and Mai rarely get to hug her the way Rika is doing now. Why is that? Not knowing what to do, she hugged Rika back. What is wrong with me?

Ayaka was done preparing their meal. Peeking at the living room, she saw Hitomi and Rika in an embrace. Seeing Hitomi in such a tender moment made her want to laugh aloud but that would ruin it. Yoshiko can be so sneaky at times. She silently slipped away from the scene.

When Rika felt Hitomi hug her back, her heart skipped a beat. Hitomi’s hands were warm on her shoulders. She liked the feeling. But the sweet moment was interrupted by the ringing of Hitomi’s cellphone. A text message from Ayaka. “Bon a petit, Yoshiko, see you at the office tomorrow.” Hitomi was so distracted by Rika that she didn’t notice her best friend slip out of her condo.

“We better eat now before the food gets cold.”

Rika nodded in agreement. She smiled at the thought of being with Hitomi alone.

On the table was a sumptuous meal. Tenderloin steak, French onion soup, salad and some bread were all on the table. It was a very appetizing sight. They didn’t converse during the meal as they were both busy eating. Everything just tasted great. Looking at Rika now, she’s so different from the girl she rescued a few days ago. She was always smiling and seemed to be very happy.

After the meal, the two cleaned up despite Rika’s insistence to do it alone. Once that was done and over with, they moved back to the couch.

Hitomi suddenly blurted out “It’s a good thing we found each other, ne?”

Rika nodded but her smile looked like a sad smile. The look made Hitomi regret having said that. But Rika wrote down on her sketch pad “I’m happy that you found me.”
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:43:39 AM by tru_harmony »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - UTSUKUSHII INAZUMA