JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sunny Hill - Marionette

Author Topic: Chestnut smashes world record, beats Kobayashi for title  (Read 7817 times)

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Chestnut smashes world record, beats Kobayashi for title
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 12:35:35 AM »
 ^ very inspirational pic, thanks  :?

:grin:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 12:40:40 AM by Jsmurf »
:shakeit:

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 06:48:42 AM »
Last things first: Sprewell is a moron but at least basketball is a real sport that produces people you can let your kids look up to. I doubt you seriously would want to compare Kobayashi or Chestnut or any other eater to Jordan, Johnson or Bird (for example).
On the rest of your stuff:
I was commenting on eating competitions in general but you make it look as if I were attacking Nathan's only. That's not what I said. I'm also not blaming these so called athletes for starvation or hunger. I was just stating facts. Of course it's not their fault but wouldn't you agree that there's something wrong here? People are starving while others waste food for "sports".
If you really want to argue, please don't screw up the things that were said.
You complain that donating 10000+ hotdogs a year doesn't make the news? I complain that all the voluntary workers that spend their own time and money every day to help the poor don't make the news! For a company it's easy to write a check for some good PR. And while 10000 a year sounds much at first, it's quite a small number if you take the mentioned 260000 people that need support every week and multiply that up to a full year. (260000 * 52 weeks = 13520000)...

I also think it's quite offensive of you to just assume I don't know what I'm talking about. Just because not everybody writes an essay justifying their position every time they post doesn't mean they jump to conclusions or have no clue about what's going on.
I guess you're just too excited about the whole thing that you feel personally offended by my different opinion.

I know - I've seen it before and I think it's disturbing that this stuff is even shown on TV...
There was a documentary about it last year. They showed several competitions, "training" and some "great historical moments", as well as comments by regular people. After that, a doctor commented about the long term risks for participants and a psychologist explained that we have to live with this and other phenomena in the future....

Point taken, you have a strong dislike for competitive eating, I have no problem with that and refuse to argue with someone online over such a topic. That being said let's get back to the original topic of the thread..............

Joey Chestnut!!! The man who has as much a right to be called 'A Real American Hero' as the classic American cartoon GI JOE! The man single handedly brought the mustard belt back to it's home country after a NINE year absence!!! And what great timing, on Independence Day! What a way to celebrate your country's independence, by winning won of it's most famous pasttimes, the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest at Coney Island New York versus a World Famous champion such as Takeru Kobayashi in front of millions like myself who watched at home on ESPN! Congrats once again Joey! Show em how it's done!

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »
Isn't the big contest always held on the 4th?

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 09:28:25 AM »
Isn't the big contest always held on the 4th?

Yep! Sure is!

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sunny Hill - Marionette