JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: High and Mighty Color - Pride

Author Topic: What's the cheapest concert you been to (most value)?  (Read 14150 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
What's the cheapest concert you been to (most value)?
« on: March 26, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
2009 seems to be another blockbuster year for concerts. With No Doubt forming, Beyonce putting a ring on it, and Michael Jackson selling out 50 shows in London. The shiznit of this all being...ticket prices are expensive as hell. For fucksake, The Eagles show cost $250 CAD. That's $2.99 USD but shit, to a regular blue collar shit in his pants worker like daigong, that's a lotta fucking coin. So the questions is:

What's the cheapest concert you been to (most value)?
I heard this topic on Loose Cannons and tenkei refer to it on TOK or smth.

For me, it had to be Del Tha Funkee Homosapien. 19 bucks! And he was late as hell. Show started at 12:30, he didn't get on stage till 1 but he played waaaaay past 2:30. And the beer was flowing! Here's a clip:

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: What's the cheapest concert you been to (most value)?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »
I saw both Weezer and Ben Folds for free on two separate occasions. Weezer was mediocre because there were so many people and I was far back, but Ben Folds KICKED it. Amazing stuff.

Other than that, I saw Styx and REO Speedwagon for about 28 bucks. Best concert ever.  :heart:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »
Without a doubt, it was seeing Prince in London. Flight tickets and accomodation aside, the price of one ticket was £31.21 and for a superstar like him, I thought it was a freaking bargain. Not only that, but every ticket holder got a free copy of his latest album as you walked in through the doors.

Seeing Fighting With Wire was great value at around £30 too when you throw in 3 other upcoming bands as support acts who were also very good (though couldn't hold a candle to how hard FWW rocked the place :D)

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:58:54 PM »
I've seen a couple metal and hardcore bands for like US$10 or $15; Arch Enemy, Hatebreed, Atreyu (Oh boy, the first time I had ever seen those types of people outside of AFI videos), God Forbid, I think the Biohazard show I went to was about that price. I've gotten into some shows for Full Blown Chaos for free since my brother was friends with them. Slayer, Hatebreed, Arch Enemy, and Sworn Enemy was like $20. Show was wack though.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »
^+1 on Arch Enemy. Amazing show, tight as hell and great energy. It was quite a while ago, but they had Angela as the vocalist already.

Best concert ever for me was Children of Bodom in 2002(ish?). Front row, club show, epic setlist. Only 15 euro!

Another great show was Dragonforce this year. 17,50 euro. Totally worth it. Great fun and they played very tight actually.

I'm a big Epica fan, a Dutch female fronted metal band, and I was pretty close with them when they first started out. I saw quite a few of their shows and the ticket price was very low. They're still great, the latest album kicks ass. I actually got to sing part of 'cry for the moon' when Simone (the vocalist) put the mike under my nose  :lol:

I also saw quite a few cool bands on free festivals, which is also great. Except in the case of Anathema, which was one of the most boring performances I've ever seen.

Loser87

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »
mmm the cheapest show I've been to was the wondergirls during the chuseok festival.
The show sucked ass because the sound guy fucked up and the crowd was just a group of rude asshats =T

Then I went to the Hellogoodbye concert 10$
It was pretty cool was right up front

But the best for me was seeing the hush sound, ticket price only $15
Decent view not all the way at the front but pretty close.
it was the best though since meeting them and getting their autograph plus having a conversation with them
after the concert beats all the concerts I've been to ;P

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »
The Morning Musume Concert in Korea (92,000 KRW) was cheaper than Konno's grad concert (12,700 JPY), plus it gave me a better view.  However, I've seen SNSD for free a few times.  Just fighting the crowds sucked.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
i pretty much only go to cheap concerts...which is what dai heard me talking about. I'm too used to paying 10-15 bucks at little live houses in LA to see big name japanese bands (POLYSICS, GO!GO!7188, Puffy), so dropping close to $100 for a big western band is crazy to me. the most i've payed so far was $50 to see Daft Punk, but I would pay tons more to see them, show is a fucking life experience. to be on topic, i guess warped tour a couple years ago was the best value. like $35 and I watched like 10-12 big name acts perform.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 07:58:48 AM »
I've never actually paid for a concert here so far, I guess I'm lucky the company my mom works for is a huge sponsor of concerts and such, so we get in free.

So far I've been to see:
- The Click Five
- Boys Like Girls
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Vanessa Carlton
- Jasmine Trias

All definitely worth it, especially since the farthest I've ever been from the stage was like the 3rd row.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »
Best deal evar?

I got to go to both days of Virginfest (2007) AND bring 6 other friends for free-ninety nine.  Perks of working at a radio station.  :D

Saw The Beastie Boys, Wu-Tang, 311, Smashing Pumpkins, Ben Harper, Amy Winehouse, Cheap Trick and more... it was pretty freakin' sweet.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 08:18:43 AM »
Never payed more than 20 bucks to go to a show.

Warped Tour is definitely the best value for a music event. Of course if you don't like punk or its derivatives you might not enjoy it, but you get to see some pretty big bands, but also some nice bands you've never heard of.

Free shows are always the shit though. :lol:

Hoping to see Daft Punk or Justice live someday. I hear Justice concerts are fucking nuts.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »
Viyuden in Osaka! Alright so 60 bucks is kinda high but it was totally worth every cent :yep:

Saw The Beastie Boys, Wu-Tang,
Damn! Wu-Tang Clan & Beastie Boys are my all-time favorite bands! XD

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »
Viyuden in Osaka! Alright so 60 bucks is kinda high but it was totally worth every cent :yep:

Saw The Beastie Boys, Wu-Tang,
Damn! Wu-Tang Clan & Beastie Boys are my all-time favorite bands! XD
Woooo!  Yeah!  The Beastie Boys are my FAVORITE.  And Wu-Tang was so awesome, even SIR RICHARD BRANSON was there, watching in the wings.  :pimp:

Offline Yo Jimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »
Recently saw k-os on his tour to promote his new album Yes! where you can just pay what you want to get it. You could even just get in for free. Well I did make a donation but the concert was pretty awesome so it was a pretty sweet deal.
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 05:29:28 PM »
I went to see Ratt, Great White, LA Guns, And Poison for 20 dollars.  It was at an outdoor arena called Pine Knob In Michigan.  Best concert I've ever saw.  The only problem was that Steven Persey's vocals were terrible, and Jizzy Pearl was on vocals for LA Guns.  I really Wanted to see Phil Lewis.  Poison ended up being the highlight of the show.

Offline Mai17

• Bello! Legs FTW !!
  • ecchi
  • Maimi ~
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »
AKB48 concert in New York for free

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 02:47:35 AM »
2 or 3 € for some local bands,and for free on some other bigger bands were I was on the Guest list (like Eisregen, ASP).
The cheapest concert in Japan was OreSka Band in Tokyo for 3000 YEN
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline yossierocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 03:45:32 AM »
hum I think Heart was free with admission to six flags and stryper was the same (different days  of course). Those were good. I'm going to see Train for $45 in August... I've gotten free tickets from my brother who's in radio before, and those were good, but that's not really the same..  oh what was that band...Pursuit of Happiness. for cover at a bar in Lubbock... definitely Versailles at Anime USA was a bargain... and Jazz Fest is a bargain because you pay to get in and  I saw all kinds of acts. Oh at LSU we got Soul Asylum for free for the support sobriety activity.. lol. it was good
Worshiping Yoshizawa Hitomi since 2001

Offline SourChicken

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »
I payed £15 for a ticket to Slipknot's 'All Hope Is Gone' tour in Manchester, late '08, and they were backed by Machine Head and Children of Bodom.
Honestly the best concert I've ever been to, and it was also the cheapest.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 09:04:35 AM »
Scored free tickets to see John Legend... that was nice... even though the show was outside and it was FREEZING at the time.

Also, got free tickets from work to see Alicia Keys. <333

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: High and Mighty Color - Pride