JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: May J - Here We Go feat. Verbal

Author Topic: Saga of the Kings: Reinassance  (Read 41535 times)

Offline Mikitty_Ayaya

• Member+
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 9
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2009, 12:14:06 AM »
Next Chapter.   :twothumbs

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Saga of the Kings - Chapter 10
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2009, 03:14:57 AM »
Chapter 10
=========

"My name is Aya." said the woman in front of Maimi. "And yes, I'm the blacksmith Yuko told you about."

"Weird. You don't look like a blacksmith." replied Maimi. "Your arms give me an impression that you couldn't even lift a hammer. You look like someone who would rather spend endless hours on a bath than do some artisan work."

"You're not the only one who told me that so I'll take that as a compliment." Aya said as she glanced at Airi and Risako. 
"But we are similar. You don't look like a fighter to me. You look more like a maiden that has to be sacrificed to a dragon to stop its rampage."

"Tch. I'd rather slay a dragon than allow myself to be sacrificed to one." replied Maimi as she tried to get up but she felt something sting her chest before she could leave the bed. "Ouch..."

"Don't move too much. Your wound may have closed but it was pretty deep. And you lost a lot of blood." Aya told her. 
"Wait a bit. I'll get us something to drink." she said as she went to the other room.

~~~

"Airi...Risako...what happened back there?" Maimi asked as she took a sip from the glass that Aya handed her.

"Well, the weather was fine then all of the sudden it started snowing a lot then a Yuki-onna appeared and then she stabbed you and then she left with your sword. Oh, and you called her Yuuka. Do you know her?" asked Airi, who was showing some signs of jealousy.  "Who is Yuuka?"

"Hey, I'm the one asking questions here you know." answered Maimi. "Hmmm....wait. If I lost a lot of blood from that injury, I wouldn't have made it here alive."

"Good thing this girl passed by. She healed your wound then helped us get you back on the wagon. She only left as soon as your condition stabilized. And she told us to give you some of this medicine when you wake up." said Risako as she showed a small bottle to Maimi. "Her name was Marina Eno . Uhhh. Or Marino Erina. Something like that."

"Really? I thought it was Aya who treated me."

"Pfffft!!" Aya showered the wall of her cabin with the juice she just drank. "Are you kidding me?! I don't even know how to stop blood from a needle prick!  I may be a Prodigy but healing people isn't my specialty. If they brought you here all bloody, I might have poured melted steel on your wound to close it! Or I would have made you a casket!"

"So that explains why you look so pale. Do you cut yourself a lot?" Risako asked.

"Dear, I work with sharp objects everyday so obviously I get cut every once in a while. But to tell you the truth, I get cut the most when I chop vegetables or fruits...so that juice you three are drinking? It has my blood. Now that you're finished drinking it, you will become my loyal slaves in a few moments…"

"..."

"Nah. I'm just messing with you. I created an apparatus to do all the cutting work. Now if I can only make one to do the cooking as well..."

The three girls laughed at Aya as she stood up to get some more juice.

"What are you gonna do now, Maimi?" asked Airi. "How are you going to fight? That snow girl took away your sword."

"We stick to what we were asked to do, and that is to request Aya to fix the things we brought then return to the camp." Maimi said. "As for my sword...I will try to get it back...someday…if that girl you were saying ever shows up again."

"Request? That means Yuko didn't give you anything to pay me with, yes?" Aya asked them as she re-entered the room.

The three girls exchanged glances. All of them thought that Aya's services would be for free.

"We can wash your dishes...or clean your workshop. Right Airi?" suggested Risako. "Or chop firewood…to heat your bath."

"Yeah! And we'll even cook for you!" Airi added. "I've improved since the last time Aya."

Aya responded by raising one of her eyebrows, telling them that any of those won't do.

"Err...I think I should start getting some wood now." Risako said as she sneaked out of the room.

"..."

"You can have my armor." Maimi said as she pointed to her equipment that lying the floor. "I'm sure you will have a use for it."

"Hmmm...looks heavy...lots of flaws...I could have designed a better one myself...do not want..."

"And it has a lot of damage! That's one of the reasons we went here, to get it fixed." added Airi.

"Oh? Don't tell me you didn't know that this armor can fix itself?" asked Aya.

"Errr...no?" the two answered in unison.

"The alloy used is a hybrid of mithril and hydra scales, but you'll need some blood to make it work. Watch."

Aya took out a dagger that was displayed on a cabinet and pricked her finger with it. She walked towards Maimi's armor and searched for something. She found a small hole near the shoulder area then let a few drops of blood drip into it. A few seconds later, the hole that was created when Maimi was impaled started to close.

"There's a lot more to this armor than you think. But you know, no matter how durable this armor is, my blades can cut through it with relative ease." The blacksmith demonstrated by swiping the dagger at the armor horizontally. Maimi and Airi saw that the dagger didn't make contact with the armor but there was a visible cut that ran across it. "Like a hot knife through butter."

"Wow! You're amazing Aya!" Airi told her. "The weapons you make are the best."

"You must be the one who made Yuko's sword. It's a magnificent sword, it doesn't need sharpening since the blade becomes sharper the more you use it." said Maimi.

"Yes I made that one. I see that you have good sense for weapons too. But what I'm more curious about is your sword...I don't know why, but Ayumi kept you alive...for a reason." Aya said while she gave the armor a few more drops of her blood so it would regenerate. "I wonder what she saw in you."

"Ayumi?! H-how do you know about her?" Maimi asked.

"I felt her aura just before you regained consciousness. I know Ayumi. She's a friend of mine."

"Really? Tell me more."

"You should be the one telling me more. I've got a question for you, Maimi, if that is indeed your real name. Why is someone from High-King is staying in Yuko's camp?" Aya asked as she pointed her dagger at Maimi.

"W-what are talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me. You know what I'm talking about."

"OH! OH NO! You mean there's someone aside from Yurina in the camp that's an enemy?! Who could it be?! We should tell Yuko and the others! Oh my god!"

"..."

"What? I'm not a spy!" Airi answered after seeing Aya and Maimi giving her a dumbfounded stare. "And I'm sure that Risako isn't a spy too!"

"Seriously Airi. You don't know who the enemy is?" Aya asked her. "She is just right under your noses."

"Err…Momo?"

"I need you to tell me more about Ayumi, Aya. Please. It might help me regain my memories." pleaded Maimi.

"Memories?"

"Oh yeah. Did I forget to tell you that Maimi has amnesia? She doesn't know anything about her past." Airi answered.

"She has amnesia?! Hmmm. This is interesting. Looks like the internal strife within High-King wasn't a rumor after all..."

"What are you talking about Aya?" asked Airi. "Internal High-King what?"

"You see, there was a rumor that one of the Kings plotted to usurp the power by betraying the others. The other Kings found out and they executed her. But that King survived and is preparing to extract her revenge on the others."

"Oooh. So that Yuuka girl must be that King. Am I right?" Airi said. "I didn't know that one of them was around my age."

"You sure are dense, Airi. That King we are talking about is none other than..."

Before Aya could finish, the door of her cabin slammed open.

"Help!" Risako shouted as she bolted inside. "Help!"

"What's the matter Risako?" asked Airi. "Why are you so pale?"

"Mnkydncnppnykeyke! Mdmdmdmdmdye! Dkshmte! Dkshmte!"

"Calm down, will you. What you said didn't make sense at all!" Aya told her, almost slapping her with a trout. "Where'd you learn to talk like that anyway?"

"T-there's someone outside! And, and she's carrying a big sword..."

Aya and Airi peered through the other window. They saw the person Risako was talking about. She wasn't very tall and she wore a set of armor that was identical to Maimi's.

"Damn it. Looks like a friend of yours decided that it's time to pick you up." asked Aya as she looked at Maimi.

"I...I don't know her." Maimi told her as she joined them at the window.

"I do." answered Airi, whose whole body was shaking. "She...she was the one who killed my Papa...she is...she is one of the Kings!"

Airi snatched the dagger from Aya's hand and headed for the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Maimi stopped her by grabbing the collar of her tunic. "You want to die?"

"Let me go!" Airi spun around, grazing Maimi's cheek with Aya's dagger. "I won't let you stop me! I'm going to avenge my Papa!"

Maimi slapped Airi with the back of her fist, causing her to fumble down and dropping the weapon. She was not able to stop her tears anymore as Risako helped her get up.

"Idiot! Do you think your father will be proud if he finds out that you threw your life recklessly like that?"

"But I...I..." *snifff*  *sniff* "Papa..."

"You won't be able to accomplish anything when you're blinded by your rage!" Maimi said as she picked up the dagger. "Hmm...This will do. Just wait. I will take care of this. Besides, if something happened to you or Risako, Miyabi would surely cut my head off, then stitch it back in place..."

"My Master does not know how to sew." Risako told her.

"Really?! Then she will probably ask you to do the sewing…"

"That's gross."

"So, you're going to give yourself up to her? How noble." Aya asked as Maimi began to equip her armor. "Or are you going to be the decoy while we escape?"

"Who said anything about escaping? I told you earlier, I'd rather slay the dragon than allow myself to be sacrificed to it..."

"Oh, by the way Aya, your finger is still bleeding."

====

"Still alive. As expected." the woman said as Maimi approached her. "What are you? A cat?"

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"Hmmm. My Akari said that Yuukababy already killed you...and they even showed me your sword back at home. But I wasn't convinced so I looked for you. You should have taught Yuukababy better, Hearts. A small cut from your sword could kill armies yet you still survive after it passed through your body."

"So you were the one who sent that girl after us. Why? Can't do it by yourself? If you tried to kill me before and I'm still alive, you must be doing it wrong. Maybe you should try harder."

"Hahaha... Arrogant bitch! I won't make the same mistake as before." the King said as she drew out her sword. "It doesn't matter how many times I have to kill you. I want to see it with my own eyes; how your body would quiver as it I take away whatever life it has left...then crush your head under my heel!"

"..."

"Even if you lost your memory, it seems that you still have that attitude of yours that I hate the most. Don't think that I will show you mercy just because you only have that...that bread knife to defend yourself." the King stopped herself from bursting into laughter after seeing Aya's dagger on Maimi's hand. "You're really going to fight me using that?"

"It was the only weapon available so I'll have to make the most out of it. I'm also doing Aya a favor, to find out if her weapons can match the ones made by the person who crafted yours. But honestly, I don't think I even need this dagger to defeat you."

"We'll see about that..."

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ~happyxcharmy~

• Member+
  • 男人大可不必百口莫辩,女人實在無須楚楚可憐
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 10
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2009, 03:51:50 AM »
yeah!!! an update!!!
fighting with a bread knife???haha lol.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2009, 04:41:26 AM »
ZOMG, UPDATE!!!!

Gawdammit! You might have a bread knife, but you can win, Maimi! (I betcha Aya did something special with it. xD)

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »
update ! :pen_whirl:

so aya knows about Maimi being a king  :O

"Mnkydncnppnykeyke! Mdmdmdmdmdye! Dkshmte! Dkshmte!"

Monkey dance nippon yuke yuke ! Madamadamadayade ! Dakishimete dakishimete XD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

can't wait for the next chapter !

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »
Wow, I'm really happy to see an update to this story because it's one of my favourites. I love so much about it from the setting and premise to the excellent charcterizations of the rather large cast. You've done such a great job with all of that.

Hm... Dagger (or bread knife as it's being called. :P ) versus sword. Well, we saw how it effortlessly cut through Maimi's armour so can we assume it can go through anyone else's just as easily? Ah, Maimi's being underestimated, I think. It's not just anyone's "bread knife", it's Ayaya's bread knife after all. XD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2009, 01:34:06 AM »
Chapter 10

"My name is Aya." said the woman in front of Maimi. "And yes, I'm the blacksmith Yuko told you about."

"Weird. You don't look like a blacksmith." replied Maimi. "Your arms give me an impression that you couldn't even lift a hammer. You look like someone who would rather spend endless hours on a bath than do some artisan work."
Ooooooooo...might not be good to tell a blacksmith that she looks like she's not cut out for the job.  :huhuh

"You're not the only one who told me that so I'll take that as a compliment." Aya said as she glanced at Airi and Risako.
Then again...lucky that it wasn't Miki after all?

"But we are similar. You don't look like a fighter to me. You look more like a maiden that has to be sacrificed to a dragon to stop its rampage."
Ooooooo...Aya with the comeback. :)

Do you know her?" asked Airi, who was showing some signs of jealousy.  "Who is Yuuka?"
Eep.  :-X

"Good thing this girl passed by. She healed your wound then helped us get you back on the wagon. She only left as soon as your condition stabilized. And she told us to give you some of this medicine when you wake up." said Risako as she showed a small bottle to Maimi. "Her name was Marina Eno . Uhhh. Or Marino Erina. Something like that."
MANOERI!  :twothumbs

"Pfffft!!" Aya showered the wall of her cabin with the juice she just drank. "Are you kidding me?! I don't even know how to stop blood from a needle prick!  I may be a Prodigy but healing people isn't my specialty. If they brought you here all bloody, I might have poured melted steel on your wound to close it! Or I would have made you a casket!"
Aya = :mon spit:

Yeah, it's probably for the best that it wasn't Aya that treated her wounds. :yep:

"So that explains why you look so pale. Do you cut yourself a lot?" Risako asked.

"Dear, I work with sharp objects everyday so obviously I get cut every once in a while. But to tell you the truth, I get cut the most when I chop vegetables or fruits...so that juice you three are drinking? It has my blood. Now that you're finished drinking it, you will become my loyal slaves in a few moments…"

"..."
XD

That wouldn't necessarily be so bad.

"What are you gonna do now, Maimi?" asked Airi. "How are you going to fight? That snow girl took away your sword."

"We stick to what we were asked to do, and that is to request Aya to fix the things we brought then return to the camp." Maimi said. "As for my sword...I will try to get it back...someday…if that girl you were saying ever shows up again."

"Request? That means Yuko didn't give you anything to pay me with, yes?" Aya asked them as she re-entered the room.

The three girls exchanged glances. All of them thought that Aya's services would be for free.
Remind me again, had Yuko been drinking when she sent them to do this task? :P

"You can have my armor." Maimi said as she pointed to her equipment that lying the floor. "I'm sure you will have a use for it."

"Hmmm...looks heavy...lots of flaws...I could have designed a better one myself...do not want..."
Omgass, Aya said "DO NOT WANT"! :w00t:

[/fanboy moment]

"Oh? Don't tell me you didn't know that this armor can fix itself?" asked Aya.

"Errr...no?" the two answered in unison.

"The alloy used is a hybrid of mithril and hydra scales, but you'll need some blood to make it work. Watch."

*AYA DEMOS ARMOUR SELF-REPAIR*
Eh? Honto desuka?

That's pretty shweet.  :O2

I've got a question for you, Maimi, if that is indeed your real name. Why is someone from High-King is staying in Yuko's camp?" Aya asked as she pointed her dagger at Maimi.

"W-what are talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me. You know what I'm talking about."
Oshit...here we go. 'Twas bound to happen sooner or later. :o

"What? I'm not a spy!" Airi answered after seeing Aya and Maimi giving her a dumbfounded stare. "And I'm sure that Risako isn't a spy too!"

"Seriously Airi. You don't know who the enemy is?" Aya asked her. "She is just right under your noses."

"Err…Momo?"
They're cute, but no one ever said they were the sharpest knives in the block.

* JFC pictures Aya facepalming.

"Oh yeah. Did I forget to tell you that Maimi has amnesia? She doesn't know anything about her past." Airi answered.

"She has amnesia?! Hmmm. This is interesting. Looks like the internal strife within High-King wasn't a rumor after all..."

"What are you talking about Aya?" asked Airi. "Internal High-King what?"
Ah, so the general populous had no idea about the in-fighting? Wonder how Aya found out about it?

"Oooh. So that Yuuka girl must be that King. Am I right?" Airi said. "I didn't know that one of them was around my age."

"You sure are dense, Airi.
* JFC pictures Aya double facepalming.
;D

*PANICKING SOCKO*
Uh-oh.

Aya and Airi peered through the other window. They saw the person Risako was talking about. She wasn't very tall and she wore a set of armor that was identical to Maimi's.

"Damn it. Looks like a friend of yours decided that it's time to pick you up." asked Aya as she looked at Maimi.

Oshit, one of the Kings (probably Reina) came to make sure Maimi was actually dead?
:scared:

"I do." answered Airi, whose whole body was shaking. "She...she was the one who killed my Papa...she is...she is one of the Kings!"

Airi snatched the dagger from Aya's hand and headed for the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Maimi stopped her by grabbing the collar of her tunic. "You want to die?"

"Let me go!" Airi spun around, grazing Maimi's cheek with Aya's dagger. "I won't let you stop me! I'm going to avenge my Papa!"
AIRI!
:OMG:

"You won't be able to accomplish anything when you're blinded by your rage!" Maimi said as she picked up the dagger. "Hmm...This will do. Just wait. I will take care of this. Besides, if something happened to you or Risako, Miyabi would surely cut my head off, then stitch it back in place..."
Yeah, she's probably right about this.  :P2

"My Master does not know how to sew." Risako told her.

"Really?! Then she will probably ask you to do the sewing…"

"That's gross."
Socko = :dunno:
Maimi = :hehehe:
Socko = :dizzy:

"Oh, by the way Aya, your finger is still bleeding."
:rofl:

"Still alive. As expected." the woman said as Maimi approached her. "What are you? A cat?"
My irony-sense is telling me that this must be Reina.
:cokecat:

My Akari said that Yuukababy already killed you...and they even showed me your sword back at home. But I wasn't convinced so I looked for you. You should have taught Yuukababy better, Hearts.
Yuukababy?

Yeah, definitely something Reina would say.

"Even if you lost your memory, it seems that you still have that attitude of yours that I hate the most. Don't think that I will show you mercy just because you only have that...that bread knife to defend yourself." the King stopped herself from bursting into laughter after seeing Aya's dagger on Maimi's hand. "You're really going to fight me using that?"

"It was the only weapon available so I'll have to make the most out of it. I'm also doing Aya a favor, to find out if her weapons can match the ones made by the person who crafted yours. But honestly, I don't think I even need this dagger to defeat you."

"We'll see about that..."
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!   :shocked

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2009, 03:53:20 AM »
Bread knife vs Sword! I love it.

Too bad it wasn't a butter knife. XD XD

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
its been really a very loooooooong time since i last posted here! baka me! :scared: :scared: :scared:

gomen, author-san!  :kneelbow: i really like this fic since it has miya-rii in it! not to mention a somewhat love triangle coz of airi!  :luvluv1:

i really like the scene in chapter 9, i think! the fight between saki-miya! that was kakkoi for miyabi!  :onioncheer: :onioncheer: :onioncheer:

i have this feeling that king of clubs is it? saki...not that bad if she'll let go of miya, though poor thing hit by that poison thing  :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: i want to know what happen to saki-chan!  :farofflook:

good thing maimi still lives.....AIYE! for the KING OF HEARTS!  :onionwhip: :onionwhip: :onionwhip:

hmm....king of spades....its obviouslly tanaka! lol  :on_hot:

well, its getting interesting, how will maimi fight spades without her sword? just a butter knife of a sort...hmm  :glasses:

well, author-san! dont take so long to update! onegai.......then put miya, aichan and or Miki? in the next chapter?! hehe  :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:

update soon! tata for now!  :on gay: :on gay: :on gay: :on GJ:

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2009, 11:31:43 PM »
Kyaaaaaaaah! An update... I know I'm late, but this is awesome. Been needing a dose of good fics lately. Thanks for making my weekend better!

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2009, 12:11:56 AM »

Awwww!
new chapter that emotion!

These parties are fun.
you do not lose your sense of humor, this is good wordy!  :luvluv1: (this gif  is too sweet ... for me ...) lol...  XD  :lol:
you are a funny writer!    :hee:

They were eager,  of have praise among themselves.   :on lol:     
the god narcissist are among they.   (read story of Greece)  XD

"Tch. I'd rather slay a dragon than allow myself to be sacrificed to one." replied Maimi as she tried to get up but she felt something sting her chest before she could leave the bed. "Ouch..."

"Don't move too much. Your wound may have closed but it was pretty deep. And you lost a lot of blood." Aya told her.
"Wait a bit. I'll get us something to drink." she said as she went to the other room.

Tch...     
I do not prefer any of the two options, Maimi ...   :glasses:

:shock: oh, maimi wound is still ...
but, well, she does not obey ...  :on lol:  :kneelbow:
She is rebellious by nature.  :glasses:  :whistle:

"Well, the weather was fine then all of the sudden it started snowing a lot then a Yuki-onna appeared and then she stabbed you and then she left with your sword. Oh, and you called her Yuuka. Do you know her?" asked Airi, who was showing some signs of jealousy.  "Who is Yuuka?"
Hohohohoho,  AIRI was jealous ...  :P

"Hey, I'm the one asking questions here you know." answered Maimi. "Hmmm....wait. If I lost a lot of blood from that injury, I wouldn't have made it here alive."

OoooHHh, Maimi was very direct and honest in this part ...
AIRI poor, she is left with doubts.

"Pfffft!!" Aya showered the wall of her cabin with the juice she just drank. "Are you kidding me?! I don't even know how to stop blood from a needle prick!  I may be a Prodigy but healing people isn't my specialty. If they brought you here all bloody, I might have poured melted steel on your wound to close it! Or I would have made you a casket!"

pause my post.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:14:22 AM by Maimi_Yajima »
" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Saga of the Kings - Chapter 11
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
Chapter 11
=========

One clash.

That's what all it took for the King of Spades to dispatch anyone who dared challenge her. Of course no one could testify if this was true, for everyone who crossed blades with her was already in the afterlife. The only ones who knew for sure were the other Kings, and maybe some of their aides.

Spades claims she likes to kill them swiftly, for the last gasp they make before they succumb to death were music to her ears. But the King of Hearts would say that Spades killed her opponents the way she does because if the battle went the distance, Spades would surely lose, that she was weak.

She did not take that remark lightly, even if Hearts admitted that it was only a joke. Because she knew that Heart's assumptions were partly true. She was weak. In fact there were times when she was blind-sided by the enemy. If not for the King of Diamonds, she surely would have perished.

She learned from her mistakes, and fought better everytime they tried to conquer a kingdom. But her skill could still not be compared to her comrades' skills, and would often be teased by them, especially by the tow younger ones.

She seemed to have let it go, but deep inside she was plotting on how to get even with Hearts for her everything, and for Spades, being the one to end Heart's life still wouldn't be enough. And once she was done with her, Clubs will be next in line.

She kept her tears from falling, until the day she thought she has removed Hearts from her life.

Yes, there were tears of joy as she watched Hearts' body falling down the chasm, but she was not satisfied.

Subconsciously she wanted to kill Hearts they way she used to kill: swiftly, with her sword cutting her across the chest, seeing her attempt to keep on living, no matter how futile it is. But she also wanted to prove to Hearts that she can also win long battles.

She did not know what she really wanted.

This time, however, she had the luxury to do either or both, for in front of her stood an injured King of Hearts holding only a dagger to defend herself.

The two circled each other, trying to read what her opponent was planning. Spades anticipated that Hearts would make the first move, because she always does, and she was right. Despite being wounded, Hearts didn't show any signs that she slowed down. Spades was ready and met her.

Their weapons clashed. There was only a single sound of blades grinding each other, and a few seconds later the two warriors were apart.

As expected, Hearts would not go down easily. There were some cuts on her arms and she just shrugged them off like they were insect bites. Spades didn't escape unscathed herself, as a bloodless cut became visible on her cheek. But what surprised her was that Hearts' dagger was still in one piece, and without any signs of damage.  

"That's quite a weapon you have there. It's the first time Fleshrender didn't cut something in pieces." she told Hearts.

"Even I am surprised. That weapon looks like it could cut a castle's door wide open with one stroke. Perhaps the one who made this dagger is better than the one who made that sword of yours."

Hearts didn't waste any time. She pressed on the attack but Spades was able to defend effortlessly. Seeing that she could fend off Hearts' attack gave Spades more confidence. She realized that all training she did before and after Hearts was declared dead was paying off. She knew that she could take her on.

She used the men in her dungeon to improve her skills. Sometimes she would take on one, sometimes as many as twenty. She supplied them with variety of weapons to choose from, just to make the odds a bit more even. And to keep the men motivated, she told that that if any of them could successfully disarm her, she would give him freedom...or let him do whatever he wanted with her body for a whole day.

The first one who was successful chose freedom. Spades was quite insulted by his choice but she kept her word. She set him free...but she cut off his manhood first before he was allowed to leave.

It was quite a while before someone was able to disarm her but little did they know that Spades lost on purpose so she was curious how it felt to be violated by a man. And like the warriors who tried to face Spades in a duel, he did not live to tell the tale...even if Spades enjoyed it.

Spades snapped out of reminisce just in time to avoid one of Hearts' attacks. She noticed that her injury was taking its toll, for Hearts was already breathing through her mouth and sweating heavily. It won't be long before her victory.

Hearts was right in saying that she finished her opponents quickly because she was weak. But another reason was that she wanted to avoid using any of her techniques, not even showing it to the other Kings, for she felt that there will come a time when they will have a face each other. She did not want them to know how to defend her techniques.

She started to hold her sword differently. She reversed the grip and now the tip of her sword faced the ground. Her first strike at Maimi using that style was blocked. But it was alright, because Spades was just trying to determine her reach. She attacked Maimi in a similar fashion and as expected Maimi, was able to block it again. She noticed, however, that it felt like she was attacked twice, and that her armor was slowly getting chopped off. Despite Maimi being able to block successfully, Spades continued to attack.

Maimi tried to figure out how Spades' technique worked but she her injuries started to show its effects. She got cornered and with her back against a tree, she saw how Spades' unorthodox style worked. She parried the initial strike that was made by the unusual grip and there she saw that Spades would switch to the normal way of holding the sword as she pulled her arm back, creating a follow-up attack.

Spades knew that Maimi already figured out how her technique works so during the follow-up slash of the next attack, she didn't aim for the dagger anymore, instead she maneuvered her sword straight for Maimi's neck.

Maimi could not block it, for this time, the swing had enough for to cut through her arm. If she parried it, it would just divert the direction of the blade and cut her from the forehead. She was done for.

But before Spades' blade could make contact with any part of Maimi's body...

"Stop!"

The King looked at the person who ordered her to halt.

"Hnn? How dare you interrupt my moment of glory! What do you want?!!!~" the King asked her as she backed away from Maimi.

"I'm just here to get my knife back." the woman answered.

"Tsk. Here you go." Maimi said as she tossed the dagger in front of a woman. "And I thought you were here to save me."

"Nah, I'm just really here for the dagger. This is the very first weapon I made and it has a lot of value. But I'm not here just to leave you die too." replied the woman as she tossed something back to Maimi. "Use that."

Maimi took a look at the object the blacksmith gave her. It had the same length as the dagger she held earlier. She checked which part of the rod was the scabbard but there was no scabbard, and there was no blade.

"Nice. I obviously have a handicap and you give me a make-believe phallus to fight this hateful woman. How am I supposed to defeat her with it? Stuff this in her..."

"Yes. That is how exactly you should...wait, what? That is not a make-believe phallus! That is a sword! Good lord..."

"If this is a sword, where's the blade?"

"Make one."

"I'm not a blacksmith!"

"That's not my problem."

"Talk time's over!"

The conversation was cut short when an impatient King of Spades began a new assault on Maimi. Maimi blocked using the object in her hands. Like the dagger, Spades' sword didn't do any damage to the 'make-believe phallus' that Maimi held and that made her more irritated.

Maimi tried to think of a tactic but she was not comfortable fighting using a non-bladed weapon. She looked at Aya and then she remembered her words:

Make one

Maimi closed her eyes and raised the rod in the air. She tired to visualize what kind of blade she wanted and as she opened her eyes, a torrent of flame burst out from the tip of the rod. The torrent was taller than any of the trees in the forest and after a few seconds, the torrent turned solid. Like fire, it didn't have a definite shape but its edges were extremely sharp and would cut anything in its way. The blade was huge but Maimi was able to handle it with ease.

"That's...ugly. Try again." Aya said as she covered her face with a palm.

"Easy for you to say..."

Maimi didn't have time to try for the King of Spades was already in front of her. The King swung her sword with both of her hands. Maimi reacted by swinging her new weapon to meet the King's blade. But unlike their first clash, Maimi's blade didn't make it in one piece. It shattered as soon at it made contact with Spades'.  

Spades laughed uncontrollably as she watched the fragments of Maimi's blade falling on the ground. She didn't waste any more time and prepared to finish Maimi off. She gave one last look at her enemy as she was about to cut her in half. Her sword was inches away from Maimi's scalp but something was stopping her from driving it in. Maimi blocked it with something.

"Now that's what I'm talking about. I couldn't have done better myself..." she heard Aya say.

Spades backed away from Maimi to assess the situation. She was sure that she broke the blade of Maimi's sword a few seconds ago but as she looked closer, it wasn't completely destroyed. Some of it remained. Actually there was another blade under the one she broke, some parts of the first blade still clinging on it.

This blade was shaped symmetrically, almost looking like the standard-issue ones given to knights. A simple blade. No designs. No carvings. No fancy whatever. It's just a blade created for one purpose: to kill.

Maimi shook off the remains of the previous blade before going into a fighting stance. Spades raised an eyebrow after seeing Maimi hold the sword with the backhand grip, the same technique she herself used earlier. Maimi began her assault but Spades was able to block them. She could feel, however, the difference in speed and power with each of Maimi's blows compared to hers.

"How long are you going to use your left hand? Finish this already. We'll be waiting for you on the cabin."

"Are you sure you're just a blacksmith? You have excellent fighting sense, it would be a waste if you didn't put it to good use." replied Maimi as she finally held her weapon with her right hand.

If Aya didn't mention it, Spades would not have noticed that Maimi was using her left hand the whole time. She knows that the King of Hearts is right-handed, that she would only use her left hand to scratch her back. It was then she realized the whole truth, that even she has improved her skills, she still couldn't get past the power of Hearts' left hand, and that Hearts could have been possibly just playing with her. Then she also noticed that there were some small cracks on her blade, and she was sure that those were caused by Maimi's attacks.

It made her furious. That was her only chance to get rid of her. If she couldn't finish of an injured King of Hearts, what more if she faced a fully recovered one. She was so close to victory, only to be foiled at the last minute. She blamed herself for letting Aya stop her earlier, for letting her give Maimi a new weapon. It was too late. She could not turn back time. She had to deal with what was in front of her right now.

Both of them knew that this will be the last clash. Like how their duel started, they began circling each other.

But unlike how it started, it was Spades who made the first move.

She held her sword with both hands and swung with all that she's got. Maimi, using only her right hand, did the same.

Spades' sword broke in two, and Maimi pointed her sword to the King's face even before the pointed half of the sword touched the ground.

"Leave. Before I change my mind."

The King didn't budge. She stood still until Maimi put down her sword and turned her back at her.

The King of Spades hasn't cried for a long time. She has been humiliated even before she was a King but she didn't cry. She has been through a lot worse than this but she didn't cry. But as she watched Maimi's back slowly moving away from her, she felt something wet run down her face. And she was sure those weren't tears. She wiped it with her hand and saw something...red. It was blood. She closed her other eye and all that she could see was darkness. All the blood was coming from her eyes.

Silence

But it was soon followed by a shriek. A shriek so loud that all the glassware in Aya's cabin shattered. So loud that the King of Diamonds heard it in Chanponchan, that Yuko, Natsumi, and all the others heard it in their camp. It also woke up the King of Clubs, who was recovering from Crosshair Turtle's poisoned dagger. Aya covered her ears to avoid getting deaf but the person closest to Spades' wail didn't even bother covering her ears. She was enjoying it.

In a fit of rage, Spades ran towards Maimi and attempted to strike her with her broken sword. But Maimi was prepared. She turned around and swung her weapon in one motion. The other half of Spades' sword fell on the ground, with one of her hands still holding on to it.

Spades dropped on her knees. First, one of her eyes. Now one of her hands got severed. Still, there were no tears that escaped the King. Maimi , standing in front of her, looked at the King, probably for the last time, for her sword was raised over her head to put her out of her misery. But before Maimi could deliver the verdict, she was struck by an invisible force that threw her deeper into the woods.

Out of nowhere, a figure garbed in black suddenly appeared beside the King of Spades. The woman slapped the King and told her to pick up the pieces of her sword.

"Your skills in making weapons haven't changed. You still make the best ones." the figure said.

"M-Miki?" asked Aya.

She didn't get a response while she watched the King and the woman vanish into thin air.  

Aya headed to the woods to look for Maimi. She found her trying to pull the sword out of a tree.

"Where is she?" Maimi asked her.

"Someone rescued her. I'll take care of that." Aya said as pulled the sword out without even breaking a sweat.

"That's a nice sword."

"I was commissioned by the academy to make this weapon, but I never had the chance to complete it. I was only able to finish it after all of them were dead. I had difficulty in completing it, since it was under strict order that only a specific list of people should be allowed to use it. Among it is the Academy's head, the heir to the Kiban bloodline, the Makiheir, and a few more. Don't know who you are in the list though. But I see that you are qualified to use it, so it's yours. It's is called the Magusedge. The blade is created from your will."

"Will?"

"The strongest will can break the sharpest blade but can the sharpest blade even scratch the weakest of will? That was the concept. I'm not sure if was able to make it right though."

"You don't look like a person who makes a lot of mistakes."

"Yes. But there was one that I believe caused all of this."

"I will use this sword the way those people who were on that list would have used it."

"Very well. But one last thing."

"What is it?"

"The sword is still incomplete. There's one more ritual that has to be performed."

"And that is?"

"You have to give it a soul."

"A soul? But there's only the two of us here. Wait, are you trying to tell me to..."

Aya didn't speak and replied with a nod. Maimi knew what she was supposed to do.

"I...I don't know if I can..."

"Do it. I can rest in peace now that I know that my greatest creation is in good hands." Aya said as she went down on her knees. "There is no other person who is more qualified to use that weapon than you, Maimi."

Maimi raised the Magusedge and prepared to carry out Aya's request. Aya closed her eyes and smiled as she waited for the blade to cut through her flesh. She opened her eyes when she felt something splatter on her clothes.

Maimi held the blade of the sword with both of her hands. Blood flowed down the handle and created a small puddle on the ground.

"I am my sword and my sword is I. We are one..." as Maimi said those words, the blade of the sword turned into the color of her blood.

"That's enough!" shouted Aya. The sword slipped away slowly from Maimi's hands. Maimi dropped on her knees and was ready to fall on he ground but she landed on Aya's shoulder. "I told you to kill me. Why didn't you do it?!"

"No one else needs to die to complete this ritual. But if someone has to die, it would be better if it was me."

"Silly girl. I was just testing if you were really ready to kill me. Because if you did, I would have killed you with the dagger first."

"Well damn you then Aya! Damn you to hell!"

"Hahaha. It wasn't in vain though. Because now you will be the only person who can ever use the Magusedge. We have one big problem though."

"What?"

"Who's going to stop your hands from bleeding?"

"..."

===
"Are you sure that you're not going with us Aya? The Kings might come after you again." Airi told her.

"Nah. I can take care of myself. You guys have your own problems in your camp so you dont have to worry about mine." answered Aya. "You can tell Yuko that she owes me a lot of gold...by the way...Risako, please give this to Miyabi. I promised her that I'd make her a weapon before so here it is." she said as she handed something a meter long wrapped with cloth.

"Thank you, Mistress Aya. I will make sure that Master gets it."

"It's a make-believe phallus, isn't it?" asked Maimi.

"Well...it does have a lot of uses..."

"Wait, what's a phallus?" Airi asked while giving Aya and Maimi an innocent and curious look.

The two of them looked at each other and started laughing. Airi, who still didn't have a clue joined in their laughter. Risako started to laugh too but...

"Yeah, what is a phallus?" she also asked.

"Wait, you two really don't know?" asked Aya.

Airi and Risako shook their heads.

"Then you two should ask Yuko when you get back to camp...wait, I think even she doesn't know what it is and how it looks like!"

~~~
And so, Aya bid farewell to the three as they headed back to the resistance camp. She would surely miss their company.

She headed back to her cabin and returned back to being alone...

===

"Maimi."

"W-who's there?"

"Maimi."

"Show yourself!"

Maimi drew out her sword and looked for the one calling her name. The dark skies didn't aid her in finding the owner of the voice.

"You should stop this façade, Maimi. Come back to us."

"Who are you?!!!"

"It's me Erika." the voice said. Maimi traced it and the girl was sitting on a tree's branch. "Stop this act."

"Act?" Maimi said as slashed the branch where Erika was sitting on. Erika jumped out of the way and transferred to another tree.

"Yes. I will be honest with you. Your acting. It sucks. A lot. Don't kill me."

"Who are you to tell me to stop what I'm doing?!" asked Maimi as she attacked Erika once more.

Erika got down from the tree but Maimi was waiting for her. Erika didn't bother to dodge or block Maimi's attack. Her sword was a few inches away from her face and didn't get any closer. Erika held Maimi's on the arm to lower her sword. She went as close as cheek to cheek with Maimi.

"I knew you couldn't." she whispered.

"What do you want from me?"

"I told you earlier. Stop this act.  It's not fun anymore."

"Not fun?!" Maimi said as she pushed Erika away. "Who are you to tell me what's fun or not?!"

"I was just..."

"Erika, I can't stop now. This is the most fun I ever had in my entire life!!!"

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:29:31 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 11
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »
you really didnt disappoint me author-san! beccause u put miki-sama in this one!  :nya: :nya: :nya:

though her appearance is really short but i love it....she's in the somewhat evil side!  :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha:

kya! saki's still alive.....well, duh of course!  :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

what i like is that....mikitty and aya are on the opposite sides..... :on cigar: :on cigar: :on cigar: though im a GAM fan!  :on woohoo:

and hey! Erika appearance?!  :shock: what about the Airi-Maimi thing going on if Erika's there?! hmmp!  :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

ne. ne author-san....put a miya-risako-airi scene...onegai!  :kneelbow:

its been so long since i read one.....and i think im having a miya-risako withdrawal  :on hobo: :on hobo: :on hobo:

update soon, kya! im sooooo excited! dont take to long, ne?!  :luvluv1: :luvluv1: :luvluv1:

Offline ~happyxcharmy~

• Member+
  • 男人大可不必百口莫辩,女人實在無須楚楚可憐
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2009, 09:43:44 AM »
yeah~ mikitty shows up!!
please update soon~

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2009, 07:53:30 AM »
Chapter 11

One clash.

That's what all it took for the King of Spades to dispatch anyone who dared challenge her. Of course no one could testify if this was true, for everyone who crossed blades with her was already in the afterlife. The only ones who knew for sure were the other Kings, and maybe some of their aides.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah. Not exactly what you want to hear if you're going to be her next opponent.  :-\

Spades claims she likes to kill them swiftly, for the last gasp they make before they succumb to death were music to her ears. But the King of Hearts would say that Spades killed her opponents the way she does because if the battle went the distance, Spades would surely lose, that she was weak.
Oh really now? So Spades kicks ass when she goes all fast and furious, but doesn't have what it takes to handle a prolonged fight?

She did not take that remark lightly, even if Hearts admitted that it was only a joke. Because she knew that Heart's assumptions were partly true. She was weak. In fact there were times when she was blind-sided by the enemy. If not for the King of Diamonds, she surely would have perished.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. :yep:

She learned from her mistakes, and fought better everytime they tried to conquer a kingdom. But her skill could still not be compared to her comrades' skills, and would often be teased by them, especially by the tow younger ones.
Damn, never would have thought I'd find out that one of the Kings has an inferiority complex. No wonder she's got such a chip on her shoulder.

The two circled each other, trying to read what her opponent was planning. Spades anticipated that Hearts would make the first move, because she always does, and she was right. Despite being wounded, Hearts didn't show any signs that she slowed down. Spades was ready and met her.
Maimi's definitely at a disadvantage in this fight. In her current state, she has no memory of her opponent's fighting style/pattern or any of the specific moves she uses, unlike Spades who still fully remembers how Maimi fights.   :-X

"That's quite a weapon you have there. It's the first time Fleshrender didn't cut something in pieces." she told Hearts.
Spades' sword is named Fleshrender? Yipes.  :shocked:
Next question is which MKB member is it? =P

"Even I am surprised. That weapon looks like it could cut a castle's door wide open with one stroke. Perhaps the one who made this dagger is better than the one who made that sword of yours."
Hmmm...have the other Kings even met Miki or Aya?

*SPADES' TRAINING FLASHBACK*
Interesting that what could be termed an obsession with beating Maimi might be the cause of her stepping up her training. For most warriors, just the desire to improve their skills is enough.

Even more interesting is the motivation that she gave the men she was training with...granted those that were successful in disarming her ended up regretting it one way or the other in the end, but still.

But another reason was that she wanted to avoid using any of her techniques, not even showing it to the other Kings, for she felt that there will come a time when they will have a face each other. She did not want them to know how to defend her techniques.
Strategically, that's actually an understandable reason for wanting to finish fights quickly. Secret techniques aren't very effective if others have seen them enough to be able to develop counterattacks for them.

*SPADES' ALTERNATING GRIPS TECHNIQUE*
I see, by switching back and forth, not only is she able to keep her opponent guessing as to which grip she'll use next, but she's trying to create chances for multiple strikes that could be executed quicker than if she was sticking with only one grip/style.

But before Spades' blade could make contact with any part of Maimi's body...

"Stop!"

The King looked at the person who ordered her to halt.

"Hnn? How dare you interrupt my moment of glory! What do you want?!!!~" the King asked her as she backed away from Maimi.

"I'm just here to get my knife back." the woman answered.

"Tsk. Here you go." Maimi said as she tossed the dagger in front of a woman. "And I thought you were here to save me."
WTF, so what's Maimi supposed to use now???
:dunno:

she tossed something back to Maimi. "Use that."

Maimi took a look at the object the blacksmith gave her. It had the same length as the dagger she held earlier. She checked which part of the rod was the scabbard but there was no scabbard, and there was no blade.
A scabbard and hilt, but no actual blade?

Again I say...W......T......F???
:mon huh2:

"Nice. I obviously have a handicap and you give me a make-believe phallus to fight this hateful woman. How am I supposed to defeat her with it? Stuff this in her..."

"Yes. That is how exactly you should...wait, what? That is not a make-believe phallus! That is a sword! Good lord...
ZING! XD

"If this is a sword, where's the blade?"

"Make one."

"I'm not a blacksmith!"

"That's not my problem."

"Talk time's over!"
Ok, this thing had better not be a lightsaber or bricks WILL be shat.  :huhuh

Maimi closed her eyes and raised the rod in the air. She tired to visualize what kind of blade she wanted and as she opened her eyes, a torrent of flame burst out from the tip of the rod. The torrent was taller than any of the trees in the forest and after a few seconds, the torrent turned solid. Like fire, it didn't have a definite shape but its edges were extremely sharp and would cut anything in its way.
Ok, so it creates whatever type of blade you want/need at the time...dude that is WAY better than a lightsaber. :w00t:

The blade was huge but Maimi was able to handle it with ease.

"That's...ugly. Try again." Aya said as she covered her face with a palm.

"Easy for you to say..."
Hey, as long as it works, right? They can worry about style later.  8)2

The King swung her sword with both of her hands. Maimi reacted by swinging her new weapon to meet the King's blade. But unlike their first clash, Maimi's blade didn't make it in one piece. It shattered as soon at it made contact with Spades'. 

Spades laughed uncontrollably as she watched the fragments of Maimi's blade falling on the ground.
Ok, I might have to take it back. What good is a "make it yourself" sword that won't stand up in a real fight?  :smhid

Her sword was inches away from Maimi's scalp but something was stopping her from driving it in. Maimi blocked it with something.

"Now that's what I'm talking about. I couldn't have done better myself..." she heard Aya say.

Spades backed away from Maimi to assess the situation. She was sure that she broke the blade of Maimi's sword a few seconds ago but as she looked closer, it wasn't completely destroyed. Some of it remained. Actually there was another blade under the one she broke, some parts of the first blade still clinging on it.

This blade was shaped symmetrically, almost looking like the standard-issue ones given to knights. A simple blade. No designs. No carvings. No fancy whatever. It's just a blade created for one purpose: to kill.
Never mind, the blade just had to cast off, didn't it? ;D

*PART ABOUT MAIMI USING HER LEFT HAND*
If you're Spades, right now you just might be thinking "oooooooooooh shit."

Both of them knew that this will be the last clash. Like how their duel started, they began circling each other.

But unlike how it started, it was Spades who made the first move.

She held her sword with both hands and swung with all that she's got. Maimi, using only her right hand, did the same.

Spades' sword broke in two, and Maimi pointed her sword to the King's face even before the pointed half of the sword touched the ground.

"Leave. Before I change my mind."
:O

The King didn't budge. She stood still until Maimi put down her sword and turned her back at her.

The King of Spades hasn't cried for a long time. She has been humiliated even before she was a King but she didn't cry. She has been through a lot worse than this but she didn't cry. But as she watched Maimi's back slowly moving away from her, she felt something wet run down her face. And she was sure those weren't tears. She wiped t with her hand and saw something...red. It was blood. She closed her other eye and all that she could see was darkness. All the blood was coming from her eyes.
:shocked

Silence

But it was soon followed by a shriek. A shriek so loud that all the glassware in Aya's cabin shattered. So loud that the King of Diamonds heard it in Chanponchan, that Yuko, Natsumi, and all the others heard it in their camp. It also woke up the King of Clubs, who was recovering from Crosshair Turtle's poisoned dagger. Aya covered her ears to avoid getting deaf but the person closest to Spades wail didn't even bother covering her ears. She was enjoying it.

In a fit of rage, Spades ran towards Maimi and attempted to strike her with her broken sword. But Maimi was prepared. She turned around and swung her weapon in one motion. The other half of Spades' sword fell on the ground, with one of her hands still holding on to it.

Spades dropped on her knees. First, one of her eyes. Now one of her hands got severed.
:mon wtf:

Maimi , standing in front of her, looked at the King, probably for the last time, for her sword was raised over her head to put her out of her misery. But before Maimi could deliver the verdict, she was struck by an invisible force that threw her deeper into the woods.
Shit, Maimi totally had her.

NOW what?

Out of nowhere, a figure garbed in black suddenly appeared beside the King of Spades. The woman slapped the King and told her to pick up the pieces of her sword.

"Your skills in making weapons haven't changed. You still make the best ones." the figure said.

"M-Miki?" asked Aya.

She didn't get a response while she watched the King and the woman vanish into thin air.
Oh fuck...Miki-sama's here, and she's sided with the Kings!
:stunned:

"Where is she?" Maimi asked her.

"Someone rescued her. I'll take care of that." Aya said as pulled the sword out without even breaking a sweat.

"That's a nice sword."

only a specific list of people should be allowed to use it. Among it is the Academy's head, the heir to the Kiban bloodline, the Makiheir, and a few more. Don't know who you are in the list though. But I see that you are qualified to use it, so it's yours. It's is called the Magusedge. The blade is created from your will."
Interesting. Interesting indeed that there are only a few who are supposed to have the ability to use this blade. Even more interesting is Aya's question of where Maimi falls into said selected group. Nacchi told her that she wasn't the Makiheir, so then what, is she somehow related to the head of the Academy? Does she have some Kiban blood in her? If the latter was mentioned previously I forgot and don't feel like looking through the past chapters again to find out. =P  Wasn't it actually mentioned before that Clubs was (at least part) Kiban?

"The sword is still incomplete. There's one more ritual that has to be performed."

"And that is?"

"You have to give it a soul."

"A soul? But there's only the two of us here. Wait, are you trying to tell me to..."

Aya didn't speak and replied with a nod. Maimi knew what she was supposed to do.
Uh-oh, I don't think I like where this is going.  :O2

"I...I don't know if I can..."

"Do it. I can rest in peace now that I know that my greatest creation is in good hands." Aya said as she went down on her knees. "There is no other person who is more qualified to use that weapon than you, Maimi."
ONOES! Aya wants Maimi to kill her with the sword to infuse her soul into it!
:scared:

Aya closed her eyes and smiled as she waited for the blade to cut through her flesh. She opened her eyes when she felt something splatter on her clothes.

Maimi held the blade of the sword with both of her hands. Blood flowed down the handle and created a small puddle on the ground.

"I am my sword and my sword is I. We are one..." as Maimi said those words, the blade of the sword turned into the color of her blood.

"That's enough!" shouted Aya. The sword slipped away slowly from Maimi's hands. Maimi dropped on her knees and was ready to fall on he ground but she landed on Aya's shoulder. "I told you to kill me. Why didn't you do it?!"

"No one else needs to die to complete this ritual. But if someone has to die, it would be better if it was me."
She put her OWN soul into it!
:dizzy:

Man, I've heard of becoming one with your weapon, but this is taking it to the max!

"Silly girl. I was just testing if you were really ready to kill me. Because if you did, I would have killed you with the dagger first."
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH??!?!??!
:mon blood:

It wasn't in vain though. Because now you will be the only person who can ever use the Magusedge.
Well, from a warrior's POV, that's a plus...especially when you're talking about a sword that materializes just the way you want it to.

We have one big problem though."

"What?"

"Who's going to stop your hands from bleeding?"

"..."
:mon ko:

Risako, please give this to Miyabi. I promised her that I'd make her a weapon before so here it is." she said as she handed something a meter long wrapped with cloth.

"Thank you, Mistress Aya. I will make sure that Master gets it."
New weapon for Miyabi? Cooooooooooooool.  :twothumbs

"It's a make-believe phallus, isn't it?" asked Maimi.

"Well...it does have a lot of uses..."

"Wait, what's a phallus?" Airi asked while giving Aya and Maimi an innocent and curious look.

The two of them looked at each other and started laughing. Airi, who still didn't have a clue joined in their laughter. Risako started to laugh too but...

"Yeah, what is a phallus?" she also asked.
Maimi = :mon misch:
Aya = :hehehe:
Airi =  :gmon blonde:
Aya/Maimi = :on lol: :on lol:
Airi/Socko = :mon lol: :pig laugh:
Socko = :pig huh:

"Wait, you two really don't know?" asked Aya.

Airi and Risako shook their heads.

"Then you two should ask Yuko when you get back to camp...wait, I think even she doesn't know what it is and how it looks like!"
Ooooooooooooooooooooh BURN!
:mon fyeah:

And so, Aya bid farewell to the three as they headed back to the resistance camp. She would surely miss their company.

She headed back to her cabin and returned back to being alone...
Awwwwwwwww...:(

*ENDING PART*
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh fuck...don't tell me some part of Hearts is still "conscious" within Maimi and is aware of what's going on???
 :mon spit:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ChrNo

• Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »
bloody chapter  :bleed eyes:

maimi using her left hand  :twothumbs
i feel a little pity for Spades hu hu hu
:lol:

mmmm what about that "act' erika is talking about  :shocked

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Saga of the Kings - Chapter 12
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
Chapter 12
=========

"You should have seen her face when I cut off her hand, Erika."

"No need. After hearing her scream all the way from Chanponchan, I was able to picture how much she must have suffered."

"Oh? But that scream was when she found out that her eye was bleeding."

"..."

"What?"

"You're cruel."

"Being pushed from a chasm wasn't exactly enjoyable. If I wasn't able to regain consciousness before I fell, I could have been permanently crippled or I could have really lost my memory."

"Cutting off Yurina's arm was unnecessary."

"I know. But she attacked me first. I didn't want to do that but I had to make my act believable. And she hurt Airi. That was unnecessary."

"Because of what you did, the King of Clubs headed to the resistance camp where you are staying. So I'm not sure if that camp would still be there if you returned."

"Clubs is different from Spades. I'm sure that the camp is safe."

"Come back with us to Chanponchan. You can take those two girls with you."

"After what I did to Spades? Showing myself in Chanponchan would be walking into a death trap."

"Afraid?"

"Of course not!  I don't want to go there...and kill the people Spades will try to send at me. Because that would be a 
lot."

"What about Diamonds? You know very well that Spades can turn her against you."

"As much as I want, I do not want to cross swords with Diamonds. She has been like an older sister to me. But if it becomes inevitable, then one of us has to die."

"True. So, when are you going to stop pretending that you lost your memory? It won't be too long before someone finds out. Doesn't their camp have a mystic or something? I'm surprised that your act has lasted this long."

"I think Nacchi is aware that I do not have amnesia but I am going to play the part she wants me to, Erika. I am going to be the Makiheir. And I want to fight that Endbringer she told me about."

"Endbringer? Sounds like something from a legend or a myth."

"Exactly. I even think that it is a god. I wonder how fighting against a god would be like."

"No doubt you are heir to Kiban throne, always looking for something to test her skills. Even if it means putting her own life on the line."

"How did you find out where I am? I did not call for you."

"The King of Hearts told me where I might find you."

"The King of Hea...wait, that's me?!"

"Not anymore."

"Yuuka."

"When I saw her with your sword, I thought that you were dead and that she only found it. It turned out that she was the one who killed you and she was asking me to retrieve your body so you could be given a proper burial."

"She killed me? Hahahaha! She still needs a thousand years before she can take my place."

"But she was able to accomplish no one else hasn't. And that is to injure you fatally. You trained her well."

"True. I wasn't expecting that at all. She's like a fox cub that has yet to grow some fangs. I know that Spades had something to do with her actions so I forgive her."

"Sounds like you are not going to punish Yuuka."

"Hmmmm. Although she enjoys it more than hates it, spanking her would be enough I suppose. I have a new weapon so she can keep Terrorblade. She's the only one I see capable of using it anyway. And she's proven it already. Yuuka..." *sigh*

"Still preying on younger girls? I thought you've changed Maimi."

"Age has never been an issue for me, Kanna. You of all people should know."

"Maimi, I feel the presence of an univited guest."

"I know Erika. Bring her to me Kanna."

"Dea..."

"Alive. Not a single scratch."

"Understood."

~~~

*sniff* *sniff*

"Kanna. Stop doing that! Can't you see that she's uncomfortable?"

*sniff* *sniff* "This girl. She smells like a Kiban but she is definitely not one us...don't tell me you...you...did you touch her?"

"She's adorable but she's not my type. She hangs around with another girl back in camp. Maybe the scent came from her. Miyabi rarely takes a bath and the smell of battle could have rubbed onto her. Not quite sure if did something aside from that though."

"Master didn't! She...she...but there was one time I think when she...she...kissed me I think. And she takes a bath..."

"Ahhhhh! She's too cute Maimi! I can see her face turn red even if it's dark."

"This girl might have heard everything we talked about. If you want to continue playing then we should get rid of her."

"Or you can give her to me."

"She's not going to tell anyone Erika. Trust me. Even if she did, no one's going to believe her. And giving her to you would be the last thing I do, Kanna."

"Awww. So can I have the other girl that's with you then, the one that has fangs? She looks like she can bite..."

"No."

"Why?"

"She's mine."

"Your fetish for girls with snowy complexion is intact."

"Not really. I just like her. She and that other girl in the camp make this more interesting."

"Alright. It seems that we do not have to worry about you anymore, Hearts. We will be heading back to Chanponchan."

"Good. Do not tell anyone that you have talked to me. Diamonds. Clubs. Yuuka. They should not know about this conversation."

"Understood. Let's go Kanna."

"See you later, King of Hearts."

"Hmmm. Now what am I going to do with you, Risako?"

~~~

Risako.

Risako?

Risako!

"Don't touch me!"

She opened her eyes and saw a girl waking her up.

"Get up sleepyhead." she told her. "We're here." the girl told her.

"M-Maimi?"

"Maimi? Who is Maimi? I'm one of the Kings. The King of Hearts to be precise."

"W-what?!!!" Risako kicked her but Maimi was able to catch her leg. She kicked her with her other leg but it was once again caught.

"You're so gullible! Of course it's me. Do you always kick the person who wakes you up? " said Maimi as she let go of her legs. "Nice legs by the way."

"Are you really Maimi?"

"I could tell you that I'm Miya but that would be hard to believe because I have obvious advantages over her in some areas."

"Where's Airi?"

"She already went outside. That must be some dream you were having, for you to do that to me." Maimi told her. 
"Were you dreaming of Miya trying to take advantage of you?"

"That dream...you were just pretending that you lost your memory...and those two other girls, Erika and Kanna...something about Kiban...that you are the King of Hearts..."

"Really? Tell me honestly, do I look like a villain to you?" Maimi asked her.

"S-sometimes...yes. Sorry."

"Hmmm. Do you want me to become more like Miyabi?"

"Y-yeah. That would be great."

"I'll try then."

"T-thanks."

"..."

"...?"

"So, are you expecting me to carry you on my back along with these weapons? It's not gonna happen."

She watched as the other girl got off the wagon and carried the equipment that Aya repaired.

Risako wondered.

Was it really all a dream? Was everything that she saw and heard just products of her imagination?

Or is Maimi indeed the King of Hearts, pretending to be on the side of the resistance, pretending to be the Makiheir?

Everything felt so real. She could even feel the girl, Kanna caressing her shoulder. But she didn't feel anything weird when she woke up.

"It's just a dream." she told herself.

She took a peek outside the wagon. They were right in front of the camp's entrance. Risako got off and ran past Maimi. She then approached Airi who was talking to someone she did not recognize.

"Airi, have you seen Master around?" she asked.

"Err...Risako..."

"Ehem."

"Oh. Sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Risako, nice to meet you. You must be someone from the other camp." Risako said as she bowed to the other person.

"No Risako. I'm not new. It's me, Miya."

"No you're not. My Master is a girl. You're a boy."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you ar..."

Risako noticed that Airi was stopping herself from laughing. She started to observe the person in front of her.

She stood beside him. "He does have the same height as Master."

She tried to get a whiff of her scent. "He smells like Master."

Risako looked at other things she could compare him with. She placed one of her hands on her chest while the other reached out for...

"Hey, that's going to far Risako! I know I'm not as well-endowed as you so no need to rub it in." shouted Miyabi as she swatted Risako's hand away.

"M-M-Master?! What happened to you?!! Why did you turn into a boy?!!!"

"How many times am I going to tell you? I AM NOT A BOY!!!"

"Miya said that she was cursed, Risako." Airi told her. "And the only way to remove it is to sacrifice a young girl."

"Sacrifice...a young girl?" pondered Risako. "Alright! I'm sorry Airi, but I guess I have to sacrifice you to return Master back to normal!" she said as she gave Airi a determined look.

"I was just kidding, Risako!" said Airi as she hid behind Miyabi. "Go tell her Miya!"

"Stop this madness Risako." an annoyed Miyabi said.

"But..."

"Maybe Risako wants some proof. Come on Miya, show her that you're really a girl." joked Maimi.

"..."

"I've seen Master without any clothes before. She doesn't have a make-beleive phallus." answered Risako.

"Yeah. I've seen Miya without any clothes on. She has a lot of moles..." added Airi.

Their conversation was interrupted by an unfamiliar voice.

"Looks like I'm the only one who hasn't seen Miya naked huh..."

Maimi dropped the items she was carrying and prepared to draw out her sword, but Miyabi stopped her.

"Relax. I know that voice." Miyabi said."Come out. I almost thought I was looking at Maimi's shadow for a moment."

"Since when did you have a sense of humor?" the voice answered. A girl appeared behind them. Wearing only a light set of armor and with a crossbow hanging on her back, it was an indication that her specialization is with long range battles. "Long time no see, Miya, Airi."

"Chinami! You look great!" said Airi.

"What do you mean she looks great? She looks the same as the last time we saw her!" Miyabi countered. "The only difference I notice is her new pair of boots."

"Miya, Miya, Miya. I thought that you would have learned how to lighten up by now. Why are you so serious all the time?" Chinami asked.

A woman appeared, followed by a number of women who were all armed and ready for battle.

"You cannot blame her, Chinami. Miyabi is a warrior. It is only through battle where she can truly express herself."

"Who is that woman?" Maimi whispered to Miyabi.

"That's Kaori, the leader of the other camp." Miyabi answered. "She's just like Yuko, except she's younger."

"Leader huh. She must be really smart."

"She is."

"Care to explain to me why on earth was she talking to that tree instead of us?!!!"

Offline ChrNo

• Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 12
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2009, 07:49:19 PM »
update !!!!  :pen_whirl: :pen_whirl: :pen_whirl:

the dream/wake-up part is kinda confusing  :doh:

esp. that part

"Get up sleepyhead." she told her. "We're here." the girl told her.

"M-Maimi?"

"Maimi? Who is Maimi? I'm one of the Kings. The King of Hearts to be precise."

[...]
"That dream...you were just pretending that you lost your memory...[...]...that you are the King of Hearts..."

"Really? Tell me honestly, do I look like a villain to you?" Maimi asked her.

but the next part is hilarious  :rofl:
that whole My Boy thing  :lol:

"Care to explain to me why on earth was she talking to that tree instead of us?!!!"
:mon lmao:

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »
I thought this story stopped. Glad to know it's not. hehehehe. Not sure why Risako couldn't recognize Miya. Hmmm... I must have missed something. Better too read past chapter once more.  Hmmm.. so it's Risako's dream. I thought Maimi know everything. But who knows. Only wordsworth know. Hehehehehee. Please more.

Offline ChrNo

• Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
Not sure why Risako couldn't recognize Miya. Hmmm... I must have missed something. Better too read past chapter once more. 
during chapter 9, Miyabi and king of clubs had a fight, and saki cut her hair.
when the fic started, miya had long hair. so now risako thought she looked like a boy with short hair  :lol:

Miyabi closed her eyes and waited for the King's sword to chop her head off. She heard something get cut. She opened her eyes when she didn't feel the blades on her neck anymore. She was still alive. The King already took away her sword and was preparing to leave. She looked down and saw what the King cut from her.

"I changed my mind. Challenge me when your hair gets that long again. I underestimated you today and it almost cost me my life." the King told her.

"You sure change your mind a lot, huh." Miyabi said as she picked up her ponytail.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: May J - Here We Go feat. Verbal