JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku

Author Topic: 911 (Yuria, Kumi OS) - COMPLETED  (Read 3157 times)

Offline pencil

911 (Yuria, Kumi OS) - COMPLETED
« on: May 26, 2014, 06:23:12 PM »
It's a short story. The last part will be released soon. Welcome all comments. Thank you!

You love skyscrapers? Come to Manhattan. It’s a place for you. You don’t. Manhattan is a nightmare. Even you’re craving for the sky, what you get are small spaces with flying jets above.

On Tuesday morning, September 11th, 2011, no one thought flying jets above them would cause a disaster. At 8:45, American Airlines Flight 11 crashed into the North tower of the World Trade Center complex. While people still didn’t know what was going on, United Airlines Flight 175 crashed into the other tower. The two towers collapsed just in two hours.

After more than ten years, anyone who was there, anyone who lost loved ones will never forget “9/11”. Sometimes words fail. People are fragile. They are wounded. Their wounds may not be recovered. Their memories may not be faded. The government has been trying to help victims’ families and those who survived to recover physically and mentally. Names of victims are written on the flag of honors. White roses are placed on names of victims on their birthday. Efforts are made and recognized. Tons of tourists visit the 9/11 Memorial each year.

However, that’s wound that we can see. Only people who have suffered from the attack understand hidden wounds. The empty seat in a dining table. Kids have to grow up without parents, and parents will never know how their kids feel. People lose wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend. They have to get used to having dinner without the other. Things look simple, but they do hurt. Wounds stay there with them. Forever.

Politics and religion find themselves hard to compromise. While religion tries to educate people good things and how to live better, there are people who “are on the behalf” of it build terrorism. Whatever, only innocent and irrelevant citizens suffer. Kumi and Tsukina are ones.

After years, Kumi has moved house a few times, but she sticks with Cooper square. She never moves to anywhere that is farther than 20 minute walk from Cooper square. Memories do hurt, but she never wants to leave them go.

Yuria has watching Kumi for more than two hours. Kumi is still busy with her design project. It’s almost 10:30 and Yuria runs out of her patience.

“Kuuchan. It’s late. Let’s go home.”

“Yuria, why are you still here? I thought you’d gone home already. But what time is it now?”

“10:30.”

“Oh, 10:30. Alright…”

10:30 isn’t late for an architecture student. Working, eating and sleeping in studio are daily and very ordinary. However, things change a little bit when people start working. Kumi collects her draft, puts her tool knits in a box, and goes to wash her hands. Yuria is waiting outside. Patiently. Everyone already went home by 8.

“Yuria, let’s go.”

They walk to a subway station.

“You don’t have to wait for me. Honestly.” Kumi says when she swipes her monthly pass.

Yuria follows Kumi and says nothing. They stay quiet on the train and get out after five stops.

“Hungry? Want me to cook something?” Yuria asks.

Yuria reminds Kumi of her starving stomach. Kumi remembers that she only had lunch which is ten hours before.

“It’s late. Let’s just get something together.”

They stop by a coffee shop nearby Cooper square. This is where they usually gathered when they were students. The shop has changed from menu, exterior and interior decoration, and waiters/waitresses, but they still know how to attract college students. Kumi and Yuria always find a table which has more than three seats though they’re only two people. Kumi has two serves. She’s starving.

“Yuria.”

“Yes?”

“I appreciate what you have done for me since Tsukina passed away. But I’m ok now. I’m really ok. Skip me and leave your life.”

“I’m living my life.” Yuria replies, peacefully.

“Don’t be stubborn. You’re always my little sister, but I can’t love you.”

“You can be in love with Tsukina. Why don’t I have a chance?”

“If you are trying to talk about sexual orientation, you’re wrong. I love Tsukina just because I love her. Even if Tsukina were a boy, I’d still love her.”

Yuria stays quiet. She finishes her meal. They always choose a table with more than three seats because they’re used to going with three people. Kumi, Yuria and Tsukina. They were close and always together. Yuria especially liked to see Kumi and Tsukina together. She usually walked more slowly and was intentionally left behind Kumi and Tsukina. Her seniors always turned back and scolded at her for that habit. However, Yuria couldn’t change it.

Tsukina passed away. Yuria didn’t know what death was. A policeman came and told Kumi and her that Tsukina wouldn’t come back. And actually Tsukina never goes home again. So, is it death? Until now no one can find Tsukina’ body. Tsukina is not the only victim who was missing in 9/11.

Kumi didn’t cry. She kept living. Nothing changed. She just lived a life without Tsukina. Yuria cried a lot. Yuria missed Tsukina a lot. Yuria knew if Tsukina’s death hurted her that much, it would hurt Kumi even more.

“You don’t have to forget Tsukina. I can’t either. Tsukina will be with us forever.”

“It’s not fair for you.”

“I don’t care.”

“No, Yuria. It’s not fair for you. I don’t want to make you hurt.”

“Kuuchan, you don’t have to love me now. Love Tsukina if you want. I’ll love you and Tsukina.”

Kumi’s turn. She stays quiet. Yuria isn’t kidding. No one is kidding in more than ten years. It must be the longest joke ever. They’re still sitting. Tomorrow they still have to work. Well, time doesn’t exist in this coffee shop. And Tsukina just goes to the restroom. She will come back and join Kumi and Yuria soon.

It’s been ten years. Sometimes Kumi wonders if she should give her an opportunity and Yuria as well. She always tries to be strong, but she knows herself better than anyone else. She’s scared of the past. Since Tsukina died, Kumi has never looked up the sky anymore. Planes are still flying above. Who knows one of them may crash to a building?

Fairly say, Kumi and Yuria have a close relationship. They have been together for more than ten years. They even know where salt/sugar is in each’s apartment. They’re close as sisters and best friends. Letting the relationship go further, however, is a matter. Kumi doesn’t know how to do that. She can’t remember how she did that with Tsukina either. Her relationship with Tsukina was built naturally. They met and felt each other. They didn’t need a word. It was very simple, very easy, and very natural. That’s it. Love is it.

In the next two weeks, Kumi lets Yuria kiss her. Well, Kumi thinks she should make some efforts to let the past go. Kumi closes her eyes and feels uneasy. It’s both similar and different from the first time Tsukina kissed her. And Yuria kisses her. Tears are coming up. At the second her lips touch Yuria’s, Kumi understands how much she still loves Tsukina.

Yuria steps back and smiles sadly yet peacefully as usual.

“I’m sorry, Yuria.”

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s mine. I’m sorry, Kuuchan. Sorry for pushing you too much.”

Kumi shakes her head and cries.

“My bad. I’m sorry.”

“I can wait.”

“No, don’t wait…”

“It’s ok. Honestly.”

(to be continued)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:03:26 PM by sophcaro »

Offline fuu_kun

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • kyun~kyun~~
Re: 911
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »
YOSH! Kumiyuri angst! yosh! it has been a long time~~~ I definetly cant wait for the next update TwT)/

thankyouu :bow:

Offline Sara-chan

• Hentairin is my Goddess
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I dont Speak english very well sorry :'C
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:04:50 AM »
this story breaks my heart  :cry:

Offline Cometerz48

• "Nothing is prettier than a smart mind and a warm smile, thus that is why I like Kamieda Emika. She has both."
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Everybody needs a dark horse.Kamieda Emika is mine
    • hanachachachan
    • hanareswaris
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:39:38 AM »
This is good, man... :twothumbs

Really, I MEAN IT!!

Offline pencil

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:38:12 AM »
Don’t expect anything on Kumi when she’s working. The only thing on her brain is her current project. Everyone knows that, so none of them asks her to go out when she’s working for any reasons. Kumi has been working for the firm since she graduated. She’s hardworking, creative, and talented, but lacks of ambitions. She never talks about salary. She never demands any additional benefits. Some designers advise her to find a bigger firm. They think her talent is wasted in this firm. Kumi never cares. She keeps working and being creative. Her designs are highly regarded. Still, Kumi doesn’t have either a motivation or an ambition. What she wants is simply a stable and adequate paid job which can allow her to live in such expensive Manhattan. That’s it. Kumi never knows exactly how much she has in her bank account. She just knows that she always has enough money to pay monthly rent, food and other essential expenses.

However, today a new colleague asks Kumi to go out. Kumi never says no to any favors. Yet she keeps her bad habit. Kumi keeps thinking while walking. People in New York, unlike people in rural areas, are more hurry and aggressive when driving. A car crashes Kumi. She isn’t hit at all. She’s absolutely safe. Yuria saves her.

Kumi’s brain is empty. It’s blank. She’s waiting outside the emergency room. Yuria is unconscious. Yuria may die. This is the only thing Kumi is aware of right now. First Tsukina, and now Yuria. Why does she have to see her loved ones pass away one by one but isn’t able to do anything? She’s the one who should die. Not Yuria. After Tsukina’s death, she was the one who wanted to die most. But she wasn’t brave enough to kill herself.

“Hey, baka Yuria.”

Yuria turns back. Tsukina is smiling with her. Tsukina is still young as ten years ago.

“Tsukina.”

“Good job, but not enough. To fulfill your job, come back. Don’t make the other baka cry.”

“You go with me.”

“No, only one person can go back.”

“So you go. I stay here.”

Tsukina can't hold her laughter.

“Can’t believe that you’re still that baka. How old are you, idiot?”

“I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to make Kuuchan happy. But you know. You can. I beg you, Tsukina. Come back, please.”

“You’re not confident?”

“Confidence doesn’t matter. The thing is you’re the one Kuuchan needs. I’m not.”

“No, I’m not. It’s you. I can die for myself only. But you can live and die for Kuuchan. Yuria, only you can protect Kuuchan.”

“It was an accident. You never want to die.”

“It’s a fate and I have no choice. But you have a choice. Don’t easily give your happiness to other.”

“But I…”

“Yuria, being selfish a little bit when you love someone. Why don’t you think for yourself one time?”

“Tsukina.”

“Come here.”

Yuria follows Tsukina. It’s a lake. Water is blue. Yuria looks at it. Kumi is sitting alone. The bench is empty. Only Kumi is sitting. Her hands cover her face and her shoulders are slightly shaking. Kumi is crying. Even when Tsukina died, Kumi didn’t cry.

“You like it? Looking Kumi cry?”

“No. Never.”

“So come back.”

Tsukina kicks Yuria into the lake.

“Wait, Tsukina!”

It’s too late. The last thing Yuria can see is Tsukina’s happy smile.

It takes six weeks for Yuria to totally recover. There’s only a scar left on her forehead. Kumi is touching it slowly. Kumi feels the scar on her fingers. It’s a real scar. It has a shape. It’s bold. It’s different from the bodiless scars in her heart and Yuria’s. Kumi says with a regretful tone.

“I hope it won’t stay long.”

“Just ignore it. I don’t care.”

“What are you talking, idiot? You’re a girl. It’s not funny to have a scar on your face.”

“Whatever. It cannot be compared with the scar in your hearts.”

“No. I erased it already.”

“What? When?”

“Six weeks ago.”

“What… Kuuchan…”

“I’m sorry. I’m such a selfish. But I’ll try to forget Tsukina. I can’t love you as much as you love me, but I’ll try. Give me some time.”

“No, don’t. You must remember Tsukina.”

“Yuria.”

“I don’t allow you to forget Tsukina. I won’t either. Tsukina stays here with us forever. You just need to love me a little bit.”

“Why do you never demand anything? Being selfish a little bit when you love someone.”

“What’ve you just said…”

Yuria can’t complete her sentence because Kumi has already kissed her.

(End)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:09:05 AM by pencil »

Offline fuu_kun

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • kyun~kyun~~
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 04:03:18 AM »
ee-ehhh??? its end already?? O A O

whyyyyy? TwT
I just had mini heart attack while read this.... Then its already finish :cry: :cry: :cry:

thanks for update it so fast and super angst! I love ittt

I hope you will write another angst again \m/ onegai~ :bow: :bow:

Offline pencil

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 05:51:46 AM »
this story breaks my heart  :cry:
This is good, man... :twothumbs

Really, I MEAN IT!!

Thank you Sara-chan and Cometerz48!

ee-ehhh??? its end already?? O A O

whyyyyy? TwT
I just had mini heart attack while read this.... Then its already finish :cry: :cry: :cry:

thanks for update it so fast and super angst! I love ittt

I hope you will write another angst again \m/ onegai~ :bow: :bow:

Sorry if I made you disappointed. I'm unable to write a long and complicated drama. But anyway, much appreciate that you read and enjoyed it.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku