JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rip Slyme - Funkastic

Author Topic: TS files (playback, re-encoding etc.)  (Read 18839 times)

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
TS files (playback, re-encoding etc.)
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 04:17:55 AM »
Quote from: Jsmurf
thats weird, i've been using tsdemux for awhile now. hasnt let me down yet
Yeah, I have a feeling it's the ts I was trying to demux. It must have been corrupt at the start or something and that caused it not to work.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 08:04:44 AM »
Quote from: ebc
Yeah, I have a feeling it's the ts I was trying to demux. It must have been corrupt at the start or something and that caused it not to work.

that might be it. also, the audio is sometimes a weird aac file/format that causes problems.

btw, in your guide after u turn the file into a compliant mpeg2 file(by remuxing), you can just load that mpg file into virtualdubmod and do everything there.  you can also encode the audio(as well as fix the audio delay) through vdm if you have lame mp3 installed.  i guess this method would be for lazy people like me :P
:shakeit:

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 04:30:47 PM »
I'm not sure of what I'll say will be of much help, but so far I've tried a few programs an none of them worked. One that I remember that was made especificly to encode TS is HDTV2DVD but it didn't work with any Jpop video. (probably because of the signal that japan uses is different from the US)

I've just downloaded Adobe Premiere 2.0 in hope that it will encode TS files. Unfortunatly I can't test them now because I'm at work but when I get home, I'll test it and share my results. And I'll try to use the suggestions you guys posted in the beggining of the thread.

EDIT:Adobe Premiere 2.0 doesn't work with TS files ... too bad
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 12:03:30 PM by Yuna »

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 06:34:39 AM »
Wow, I just got DivX Converter loaded up for the first time.  It said in the description that it "Takes any video file and outputs it to Divx media".  So low and behold, it handles TS files.  It's converting one right now, though I have no idea how it'll come out the other end.

'High Def' setting has it estimated as about a 185MB file from almost 1GB.  We shall see soon..

*Update*

On the up side of things, I've got a gorgeous video at less then 1/3 the original file size that's still quite a large rez.  On the down side, there's no audio?

*Update 2*

Trying a different TS file.  It's showing an audio track for this one, so it should come out fine.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:12:46 AM by LaJon »

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 03:58:38 AM »
I tried TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress last week, it is supposed to work well with TS files but it weren't as great as I expected.

The video was found and everything but the program couldn't demux the audio.

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: TS files (playback, re-encoding etc.)
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
The latest Haali Media Splitter supports MPEG TS. I've tested it with some TS files and it seems to work, although the aspect ratio was not always detected correctly.

With this DirectShow filter re-muxing and re-encoding should be no problem (e.g. using AviSynth's DirectShowSource).

Offline ohno

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 07:37:23 AM »
Is it possible to cut out segments from a large .TS file? I have a tv broadcast version of an H!P concert and I would like to cut out individual performances as their own .TS files.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 09:00:22 AM »
Hey, I have a problem.  Every time I reencode to .avi, it's bigger than the .mpg file that I made!  D:  For some reason gordianknot ignores my "90mb" limit and makes it however big it feels it needs to be.  Help D:
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 01:44:50 AM »
This sometimes happens, which codec are you encoding with? xvid, divx or x264?

I had this problem with xvid once where everything I encoded would be the wrong size.
Try uninstalling xvid and downloading and installing another version.
There is something you can try to do first though to make sure the encoder is at least trying to use the right bitrate.
When you're at this step:

You see how there's the bitrate you want to encode at up the top right of the window?
Take note of that value, and when you click on the button that says second pass, manually put that bitrate into where it says Target Bitrate, (if you can, you can't do it for the first pass settings but 2nd pass you should be able to)
Something to try anyway, not sure how it will go.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 02:38:04 AM »
Here's an explanation of the XviD over/undersizing issues from the Doom9 forums:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=92046

They list some remedies for it, so it might be worth a shot if it's still happening.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »
Alright, I'll try those and report back here.

Luckily, all of my other .ts to .avi adventures have been OK.
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 08:31:17 PM »
Does files in typical HD Camcorders like Sony with M2TS files also work with this method?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rip Slyme - Funkastic