JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - One Melody

Author Topic: KPOP 50 Posts Challenge Thread *Postwhoring Olympics Special*  (Read 16276 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
KPOP 50 Posts Challenge Thread *Postwhoring Olympics Special*
« on: August 24, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »
TAKE PART IN THE KPOP 50 POST CHALLENGE
IN THIS THREAD!

How to post: answer to each 'challenge' question on the list. Either do one at a time or post several answers in one reply.

Don't forget to make your starter post in the Postwhoring Olympics Thread!! http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=33666.0

The Rules:
DON'T MAKE TWO POSTS IN A ROW! Wait for someone else to post first before posting again, or edit your post.
DON'T BE ANNOYINGLY LAZY WITH YOUR POSTS.

Example of lazy:
What's your favourite song?
Love machine

Just think of something extra. Write reasons, post pictures, videos. It's postwhoring olympics yeah, but shameless spamming shall not be tolerated. :P

*I didn't highlight T-ara or 2ne1 because there are on-going challenges available in their threads*

The Challenges:
C1. Favourite Kpop group and why.
C2. Your favourite Kpop girlgroup member and why.
C3. Your favourite Kpop boyband member and why.
C4. Your favourite Kpop soloist and why.
C5. The best Kpop song for karaoke.
C6. Your favourite Kpop album and your favourite track from that album.
C7. Your favourite newbie group of 2012 so far.
C8. The Kpop group whose dancing you enjoy watching the most.
C9. The Kpop group whose singing you enjoy listening to the most.
C10. A Kpop group you want to know better.
C11. A hot Kpop picture.
C12. A cute Kpop picture.
C13. A hot Kpop performance.
C14. A cute Kpop performance.
C15. Your favourite member of f(x)/SNSD and why. (choose one or do both)
C16. Your favourite member of miss A and why.
C17. Your favourite member of Girl's Day/Secret/4minute and why. (choose any or all of these)
C18. The 3 Kpop groups you would love to see live on stage.
C19. A hot Kpop blonde.
C20. Your favourite maknae.
C21. Your 3 favourite Kpop dancers.
C22. Your favourite Kpop choreography.
C23. Your 3 favourite Kpop singers.
C24. Your 3 favourite Kpop rappers.
C25. Hotpants.
C26. A picture of your favourite pairing.
C27. Your favourite KARA member.
C28. Your favourite Big Bang member.
C29. Your favourite Wonder Girls member.
C30. Post a picture of pretty eyes.
C31. Your favourite BoA song.
C32. The Kpop idol you would take to a candlelight dinner.
C33. If you had/have small kids, this is the Kpop song you would play to them for fun.
C34. Post a picture of a cute smile.
C35. A recent Kpop release other than Gangnam Style that you find catchy.
C36. Your first memory of a Kpop video.
C37. Your favourite Kpop friendship (of people not in the same group).
C38. A Kpop idol's cute mole/freckle.
C39. A Jokwon moment.
C40. Your favourite member of Sistar/Rainbow/After School. (choose any or all of these)
C41. The Kpop idol you didn't like much at first, but like a lot now.
C42. A favourite Kpop slow tempo song/ballad.
C43. A great special Kpop live stage.
C44. The newbie Kpop idol you'd like to see more of.
C45. A memorable Kpop scandal.
C46. A Kpop hairstyle that made you laugh for how bad it was.
C47. A Kpop hairstyle change that was such an improvement that it made you instantly like/notice the member more.
C48. The Kpop member you'd love to see on We Got Married.
C49. The Kpop member you'd love to see on Running Man.
C50. The reason why you love Kpop.

I am dead now.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: KPOP 50 Posts Challenge Thread *Postwhoring Olympics Special*
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
I get 1st entry post again? This one doesn't count as double post, then...

I've got basically two: Brown Eyed Girls and T-ara. But I think I'll go for...

They have songs I can listen to not just because they are catchy and fun, but because I appreciate the melodies, harmonies, lyrics, and of course VOCALS. It's not just "hit of the year" type stuff, but good pop music. Of course there's nothing wrong with releasing hits of the year, it's what I love about pop music. But to have a Kpop group whose members to me have real artistic integrity... People whose personal taste and style I can trust, people whose product I can always expect to be high quality... That is rare. I appreciate that these women are all quite mature and seem down-to-earth as well. They're closer to my age than any other Kpop group, so wut up sistahhs

And I also fucking love Gain holy crapwaffles. :heart:

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »
Totally plan to contribute to this thread, but sadly I'm about to go to work all day so prepare for epic stuff in about 8 hours!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »
Wait wait. That counts as a post, right? Thanks, Flyp!!!

Can I just mention that my Top 3 is Gain (BEG), Jiyeon (T-ara) and Eunjung (T-ara). These three I consider the ladies that I LOVE, haha.

But again, I will choose only one...

Son Gain, Brown Eyed Girls :3

Why Gain...
Her beauty: She is sexy, has a gorgeous smile, the cutest little eyes, perfect porcelain skin and totally smoochable lips.
Her talent: I absolutely love her voice the most in Kpop. It's unique, husky, sexy, she can whisper and she can belt it out, she can sing low and high. She is absolute pleasure to listen to.
Her charisma: When she is on stage I can't look at anyone else. I try, because it's polite... But I really can't.
Her character: A bit of an enigma, she doesn't open up instantly, but seems very down-to-earth and cutely playful at times. She's lovely to fans once she knows you're for real.
Her style: I don't agree with ALL of her dress-up decisions, but overall I'm impressed that she has her own signature style and pretty much wears whatever she wants. I'd like to take some tips from her in my attempts to dress in a more mature way. Also her hair is just about always cut flawlessly.
She's a Brown Eyed Girl: To me BEG is quite synonymous with quality. When it comes to music, I know I won't be disappointed.

She is also beautifully drama-free. :lol: *knock on wood*

So, there we go. Gain :wub:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »

Ah, starting with the most difficult question right off the bat, huh. This is a tough one, coz I've got into a ton of new acts in a relatively short time and have several favorites I can think of. I also tend to shift my focus to different groups at different times for learning and pimping purposes... :pimp:

But, in the end, this answer - Brown Eyed Girls - feels SOMEWHAT right for a few reasons. (I'm also not too high on any group right this second so I can be just a tiny bit objective).

The Music - I can pretty much legit listen to the whole BEG discography without skipping much anything - they're leading my last.fm k-stats for one. Lots of wonderfully produced stuff with sweet instrumentation and beautiful, strong vocals. Granted there's a lot of that RnB easy listening stuff in the beginning, but later on they've done a whole bunch of my fave k-songs, Cleansing Cream, Sixth Sense, Abracadabra, Hot Shot, and so on...

The Girls - On top of their vocal skills and eye-pleasing looks, all of these girls have something special. Narsha is hilariously entertaining on Korean tv shows, Jea is funny, beautiful and talented, Miryo is great at what she does - dat rap - and Gain is a fucking husky-voiced sex goddess. And yes, three of them are almost my age. Which is nice.

--

Now, I can't claim they're a huge fave over some other groups I was thinking of, but what the hell, right. I don't want to analyze a bunch of groups for a single question. :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
Heh ok, Jinwoon from 2AM

Yay I could sort of remember his name!! (I remembered 'Jinwoo' and google filled in the rest)

...So yeah, I only know this guy from Dream High 2. I liked him in that. ...Yeah. Oh! He can play the guitar! That's awesome!

I like his look. He's handsome of course, but in a normal way (and he doesn't look feminine!!!). He doesn't necessarily look like an idol, imo. Like I could just bump into him at a university and he'd be studying maths or some shit. Just his styling would be different, lol.

I don't know anything about him as a person, but he seems kinda cheerful haha. So that's nice. He's in 2AM... I've never listened to their songs, but everyone always called that the awesome vocal group right, so I guess he must be amazing. MAYBE I'LL CHECK IT OUT SOME TIME.

...Yeah I'm not really into boybands...

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 12:39:19 AM »
It's been 2NE1 for the longest time. I love all 4 members and love (most) of their music. Their period before 'I Love You' was a trial as the music wasn't the best, but even during the times when I wasn't feelin' it, I still tried to stand behind them. Lately, miss A has crept up right on their heels though... How long can the Blackjacks keep them at bay?! D:

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:07:13 AM »
Big Bang. I've loved them since their debut, and they keep getting better. Also: TOP :jerk:

Suzy, from Miss A. She's so purdy, I tell you what. I don't really follow k-pop well enough to form a proper opinion about her or any other girls, though.

See: Answer to #1 - That voice gets me. Every. Single. Time. He also dresses so well..

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 01:23:42 AM »

And another difficult question for pretty much the same reasons as above, though this might be just a liiiittle bit easier. It might even seem... obvious!

Now, Bora from Sistar isn't someone who blows me away with her singing, as she's mainly a rapper in her group. Her rapping is, well, it's fun, I guess. But like I said, Bora's charm to me isn't her vocal ability, but... a few other things.

Obviously, her physical attributes are what drew me to her. She's a beautiful, curvy, thick girl with a wonderful, even exotic, smile and unique facial features. She's a great dancer and an oh so amazingly sexy one, too. It's no wonder the first thing I did in the Kpop Perv was creating a thread just for her.

But she can also be incredibly cute when she wants to. That's a lethal combo, yo. :P

As for her personality... she's bubbly, fun and super enthusiastic, always ready to participate in anything, laugh her girly laugh and dance to anything on a split second's notice. She's been on a lot of k-tv lately and is great at the variety environment. I also really liked how she was telling her life story, how she got through her dad's death and the hard times following - remaining composed and positive throughout - and how she pretty much is the head of her family now, supporting her bro through university and even bringing him on tv shows with her and stuff. She seems like an all-around good person, at least that's the impression I get.

Oh, and her sporting prowess is also legendary... she's pretty epic at idol track & field sports, not that it's necessarily saying that much, hahaha. But watching her handle a bow just makes me tingle. :yep:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 01:29:37 AM »
IU. Are there any other possible answers? She's the cutest girl in kpop, and can sing like no other. I've burned so many hours watching her live performances.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 02:05:21 AM »
2NE1's Lee Chae-Rin, AKA CL. She was really the reason I started to get into 2NE1 in the first place, and she's still my favorite member. Cool, cute, hot, sexy, talented, awesome... CL has it all. She may not be my overall K-Pop bias, but she's damn close. Just look at my ava.

I don't really know a lot of K-Pop boyband members, even though I like quite a few of them. I'm gonna have to go with BIG BANG's Daesung. Dude is an amazing singer, a great dancer, and is really funny (see: Family Outing).

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 02:15:51 AM »

I love dem Ladies but if there's a definitive yin yang is SNSD

brought me into the kpop fold once again (before stints of fappage with Hyori and Park Ji Yoon) their legs just mesmerized but its the fun bubbly nature that fucking can get me popping wave upon wave of PEDs into spike my drink with semen to see em live one more time. Endless songs and they have the whole wave of ghetto fab flava to cute egg yolk goodness and finest asses in Yuri and endless legs in Soooooooo and walk on air heaven Yooooong and wicked as fuck dancer Hyo to belt it out earth shatter my balls voice Tae and Jess, Gee Gee FUNK ERA Baby got in my wallet and i wouldn't have it any other fucking way.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 02:25:53 AM »
I always sing along with everything, even if I can't sing for shit. Especially favor Big Bang for this, though.

A Class, from Miss A. Every single song is awesome, but I'll settle on Goodbye Baby. I heard that song so many times, and the PV is quite nice, especially them Suzy moments.

Skip - can't answer

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 02:41:00 AM »

Well I'm at a bit of a loss here. I'm not into boybands at all, so all I have to go with is random stuff like TV show appearances. I'm admittedly tempted to pick Jokwon since he's hands down the most entertaining of the bunch. But shirenu might kill me. Daesung's also a lot of fun in Family Outing. Or maybe Nichkhun coz Khuntoria was pretty awesome. But I'll just cop out and not really pick anyone, coz I don't have much of a clue outside their variety show endeavours.

This one's a really, really easy pick. As much as I love everything about Hyori Lee...

IU was one of the reasons I got into k-pop again. I didn't even know she existed before I saw the MV for You & I. Everything about that MV and her seemed magical. A beautiful pixie of a girl with a wonderful singing voice. I just had to watch it over and over again.

As I got to know her through Heroes, random youtube clips and other material, I was completely sold. On top of her beauty and musical talent, adorkable is one word made to describe IU. She's a little clumsy, sometimes spacing out at awkward moments and stuff. She's also really down-to-earth and pretty low-key. And her laugh... is just gold. :P

Also helps that she's best buds with another of my fave gurls, Jiyeon from T-ara. :P

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 03:06:48 AM »
Man, its a hard fought battle between IU and Lee Hyori. IU is a fucking adorable, super talented, funny girl and I love her to pieces. Lee Hyori is one of the original gangsters. She's crazy talented as well, even funnier, and oh my god sexy (probably the sexiest woman in K-Pop, for my money).

I can't read hangul, so I don't karoake Korean songs lol. The one's I know pieces of and are fun to sing are SUPER JUNIOR's Sorry Sorry, 2NE1's Fire and I Don't Care, and 4MINUTE's Muzik.

One of my favorite K-Pop albums is miss A's A Class. It's pretty awesome (read my review at nandake..?). I pretty much like the whole album, but my favorite track is probably Love Alone.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 03:31:46 AM »

I confess I sometimes sing/hum CN Blue's "I'm a Loner" in the shower, so maybe that would work..? xD

...also there went my earlier "no boybands" smokescreen, I guess. I know some songs, alright? Alright!? :nervous

My pick is the repackaged version of Sixth Sense by the Brown Eyed Girls. Really, even without the repackaged track this might be my pick.

1. "Swing it Shorty" (Intro)
2. "Sixth Sense"
3. "Hot Shot"
4. "La Boheme"
5. "An Inconvenient Truth"
6. "Lovemotion"
7. "Countdown" (Interlude)
8. "Vendetta"
9. "Cleansing Cream" - the repackage track

It's filled with some groovy, original tunes, vocal honey and a variety of sweet instruments and styles. It all works great, highlights for me are of course the title track, Hot Shot and Cleansing Cream. These three be perfection.

Oh, and any of those three would work for the fave track pick, but...

Cleansing Cream. Oh, my honey honey baby. Best ballad evar.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »
I don't even know any newbie groups for 2012 >.>

C8. The Kpop group whose dancing you enjoy watching the most.
I think I probably like miss A's choreo the best, tied with KARA I think. I've always just liked their dances a lot. SUPER JUNIOR also usually has really cool/catchy dances. When SuJu's dancing is really tight, it can look amazing.

C9. The Kpop group whose singing you enjoy listening to the most.
I would say IU as she has the best vocals, but since it's a group I'll go with miss A. I think their vocals blend really well together and each girl has a pretty nice voice.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 09:31:32 AM »

I tried to say someone other than T-ara, but I couldn't lie to myself. I still rock with T-ara. Why? I still love the music. It's always been like that. If this challenge happened in '09, I would have said SNSD for the same reason. T-ara's music to me has been great since 2010, and it didn't stop in 2012, despite all the bullying BS.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 10:05:37 AM »
Yeowch I don't really have one! As in, there isn't one I listen to on a regular basis.

I will say BoA, however. I admire her work ethic, amazing dancing skills, and the way she handled herself as a judge on Kpop Star. She was completely approachable and warm, but still not afraid to give constructive criticism, either. I view her as a ~strong woman~ who has truly earned her place at the top :D

Also, this is a Japanese song of hers, but I really like Eien and love the music video from the moment she begins to dance. Coolest thing ever!

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
C10. A Kpop group you want to know better.
I guess I've been meaning to listen to A Pink more. I've heard some of their songs and quite enjoyed them, so I've been wanting to check more of their stuff out.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - One Melody