JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - Heartbeat

Author Topic: [News] "hANGRY" of HANGRY & ANGRY at Anime Expo (July 3rd)  (Read 35610 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: [News] "hANGRY" of HANGRY & ANGRY at Anime Expo (July 3rd)
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2009, 06:56:38 AM »
If it's possible get me some Yossi swag!

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 09:01:19 AM »
Decided to put my one real AX story on this thread since it's really all about Y!

Here's the link to my Livejournal report since I'm too lazy right now to figure out how to post pictures in this thread -- not being that particularly msg board savvy, nor wanting to be...

http://pkristen.livejournal.com/6341.html
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline candy_boy

• hai, sensei!
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
loved your new post! E P I C !! :heart: :heart: I had to pause reading midway because I couldn't stop laughing.  :lol:

I really have to say... Yossy really likes her fans, doesn't she? I feel that she really values a fan's loyalty. It must have made her really happy to know that you stuck with her even through what could be imagined as quite a low point in her career... Even if that wasn't exactly the case..  :lol:
Rika <3

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2009, 10:09:26 AM »
^ I have to admit that I didn't have a strong personal impression of Y from Sakura Con.  But this was equivalent to that Sakura Con moment of R giving us fans a smile of recognition with a bow.  Both ladies are very classy and know how to reward loyalty.

And yes, I'm struggling with guilt over the fact that my friend's taste was what really started all of this and I should do the honorable thing and give her the picture.

"Should".... :roll:
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline candy_boy

• hai, sensei!
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »
Yes, giving her the pic would be the righteous thing to do... BUT HECK NO!  :twisted: Guard it with your life, I say! :lol:

Think of it this way, wouldn't Yossy'd be sad if you gave something that precious away? Besides, don't they always say it's the thought that counts?  XD
Rika <3

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 06:04:22 PM »

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Linna-san LUCKYYYY!!!!!  :grin:

yeah, Lucky you... :thumbsup

Man, you expect famous people to be conceited... but not her... nor I-san.

They really are classy ladies  :heart:.... about the pic: just frame it and never ever ever let it see light again XDDD

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 11:00:28 PM »
ROFL! That's a GREAT story, Linna! XD  Oh man, I would've loved to have seen and heard Yossy's reaction to that pic.  Hilarious.  Yeah, I would've kept that autograph myself!

Random Yossy tidbit to throw in here cuz I wasn't sure where to put it...

I started to watch the full version of Yossy's appearance on Kinyou (Friday) Variety. I did a double-take when I saw Mika-chan, one of the Japanese Yossy fangirls from Seattle, applauding in the audience!!! I had to compare my Sakuracon pics to the video, and I'm pretty sure that's her. She's a YoWota for real!!!!

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 12:58:20 AM »
awesome shizz yo

yeah buddies tellin' me that they're so down-to-earth and y'all could just see how yossui wants to get it down with her fans

frimmin fantastic yo, we ain't got no plastic here!

frig, she carried a fan's baby! now that kid's like holy!

first pic i saw of her at the expo was her sellin them plushies

next thing i heard she was dancing to THE PEACE!
Reppin' rika even when she ain't there

Dissin' that hat but not the the pink highlights on her hair

da's like RAW yo
awesomewasome hipstahs!
thanks for the represent and the reports

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »
Think of it this way, wouldn't Yossy'd be sad if you gave something that precious away? Besides, don't they always say it's the thought that counts?  XD

Well, in my defense that I'm not a complete hypocrite (otherwise, I really would have felt compelled to give the pic to Rachel):  Y really was my fav MM during that time period in that she was the one I paid the most attention to and wanted her to succeed.  I was proud of the fact that she didn't drop out of MM when there would have been incredible pressure by management and critical "fans" to conform to generic standards of female beauty.  And that's why I really respected Tsunku/MM/UFA for letting her publicly be the way she was.  --  Although I do personally feel the Sexy 8 shuffle group was probably incredibly awkward for her not only for the weight as well as her strong tomboy persona of the time.

I'm not saying that management didn't make their attempts to incent her to lose weight (like doing Okajo or Gatas), but at least it didn't seem like they tried to ship her off by herself to some sort of "fat farm" as a lone problem child.

And yes, the fact that Y signed the pic that way for ME is the perfect rationalization to keep it.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.  ;)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 10:57:20 PM »
YEEEAH KRISTEN!! :rockon:

I'm glad Sakura Con vets and AX noobs got their own taste of Yossi up close and personal. When diffrentstory12 phoned me I just busted outta that autograph line and picked up dinny and we zoomed to the Merch Booth and jumped up YOSSI!! REMEMBER US!! and she totally face lit up n shit. EPIC!!

Gave her the picture frame and we had like total 30-60 seconds, eh! Remember this is me, this is her, and this is Terrie. haha she was fucking with us lmao rofl and all that.

Yossi Leaves AX

HANGRY & ANGRY 4 LIFE!!

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2009, 03:37:58 AM »
 :w00t: Linna!
Lily had told me your story and I thought it was hilarious XD.
Thanks for your report!! And guess what?
That picture of Yossie was the very first time I ever saw her! She wore those clothes in this H!M karaoke episode which was the first time I saw MM. So its perfect! lol. Would have loved to see her face. Thanks for the story!

Thanks dai for the vid, haha I bet Yossie will remember you, thats for sure XD.

Uploaded Yossie at the merchandise booth:
Yossie at Anime Expo [Part 1 of 2]

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2009, 05:09:25 AM »
Gaaaaaaaaaah, so envious of everyone who got to get their pic taken with Yossy.  GO TERRIE!!!!!!!!

DS12, AMAZING video you have there.  I'm so glad you got all that on tape!  Reading your account about that moment was cool, but SEEING IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Ahhh man, h&A need to come to the US again sooooooooooooooon.  My bet is if any place on the east coast they'd visit, it will almost surely be New York City.  Then again, most ppl would've guessed h&A's first west coast visit would be LA, and look what happened... Seattle.  Hah, maybe they'll come to Otakon in Baltimore.   :grin:

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
GAAAH!!! All your stories and videos are driving me NUTS!!!! Everything looks and sounds so EPIC! All these Yossie interactions...  :inlove:  :fainted:

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline lilcazza

• Member+
  • ~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:49 PM »
Ahhh man, h&A need to come to the US again sooooooooooooooon. 
They need to come to Australia. We are so forgotten =="

ANYWAY!!!
AWESOME vids!!! I can pretend I'm there, living the dream and experiencing all that~
I think they'll be back soon. US is like.... everything so h&A wil definitely be going there as much as possible.

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2009, 07:41:51 PM »
Here's part 2:

Yoshizawa Hitomi at Anime Expo [Part 2 of 2]

I can hear the JPH!P Seattle crew screaming "Seattle!~" to Yossie and then she waves at them <3. And Terrie!

By the way, anyone got video of Yossie video taping herself while waiting for the elevator to close? I thought that was really cute but I turned my camera off by then.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 06:55:42 AM »
^ mad PROPS homegirl :heart: :bow:

Finally done my "tale"

Anime Expo Report!! Excerpts from my Full AX Report :P

Day 1 | Thursday (2009.07.02)

...at the autograph line after the Morning Musume Q&A

It was awesome. Saw lil aisasami!! :heart: Talked some shit, then as lines were getting closer, some AX security was like "Dude we got MM Tour Book for you" It was Slack delivering! SUDDENLY differentstory12 called me "Yossi is at Merch Hall Get YO ASS HERE NOW!!" LMAO I just plowed my way outta there, told Tris LET'S GO!! I didn't even know where it was I just managed to get there, pick up Dinnysaurus and we were like HOLYSHIT YOSSI!!! We Jumped Up!! SEATTLE!! SAKURA-CON!! And Yossi totally had that WOW! Surprised! Look! It was Awesome Instant Connection. Terrie posing. DS12 and Sister were already  at the other side snapping video / pix as Yaz lead Yossi away. We was gonna run after her, but DS12 handed me the phone and it was Ripusu! AKA Yesse :heart: from Miami and we just shit talked non-stop. Truly wanted her to be there so bad but she was soaking it in from her coast. Love that girl. We shall Do it Up Ring Leader 3 THE NEXT TIME!!

Here's the video rev2hd took, stalking Yossi after :P

Day 2 | Friday (2009.07.03)

...goint to the autograph line after the Morning Musume Concert

Met up with Dinny, Terrie, T-Back, and Fenrir (who slapped me for getting prints on the frame so she held it :heart:). Saw Yaz and she was like "Please, help us out, let your people know to not crowd the place" and shit like that and me and Dinny were like "Gotcha! <3" LOL like JPH!P was already known for being crazy and wild fans. We took a Sakura Con reunion pic:

Jade Starr was saying she didn't have anything to sign cuz she had no ticket, and ran into my homegirl Mika from Sakura Con again, and she slid me a Yossi ticket. We went into line and did an impromptu interview with Jade Starr. (You can watch/read it at http://news.jphip.com) She was so down to earth, and kinda shy haha. Found out she really was just a regular fan, checking out the PB scans of Rika just like us. Asked her favorite music and she was like not hip hop, awww. Got directed with the Staff, so we just went with the flow. Gathered Terrie and Dinny and we went in together, and like Yossi!! shows her the frame. And we was like Sakura Con! and she was all happy and shit, and I was like pointing to our faces in the frame and then pointed to us in the flesh. Yossi was like "Wuh Gatta" (like she meant "I get it" LOL) and then we were shuffled out. LMAO AWESOME. She was so cool.

Day 4 | Sunday (2009.07.05)

...in the afternoon after stalking Morning Musume

Met up with tenkei and boykun, and FUCK YEAH they got the T-shirts back. Fen was also there, but she had to work so we said BYE FEN! and went to check out this charity auction. Ran into Kuno again and we surveyed the goods. There was a giant Morning Musume poster on poster board and a hANGRY & ANGRY poster, ALL AUTOGRAPHED!! Met up with Big Freaky and canongirl, we blabbled.

Thanks to everyone putting cash down my shirt, chipping in for the meals, selling T-shirts, glowsticks - we had like a thick ass wad, so I left it with tenkei. Told him to go for it!! But fuck, Flyp had to go take his flight so me and Jab walked him back to the Mayfair. Took some pix and filmed a good segment and his truck took off. Me and Jab walked around a bit, the crowd in front of Staples was huge, it was WNBA's Sparks gameday. ten txt'd me earlier that WE HAD WON THE HANGRY & ANGRY POSTER!!! Shit was so baller, we came back and Jab sat down to keep Commie company as I went to check the goods.

HILARIOUS!!! IT WAS LIKE. The whole weekend, not only did we do EVERYTHING. Pimped JPH!P and met the girls, got into the brains, and all the HiPstaz bonded, we scored like a giant trophy to mark the occasion. Everyone had a piece of the action. We took braggdocious pictures and ran into this one guy who said he was a reporter. Old dude, with a giant 2L Coke bottle talking non stop. LOL all our camera batteries and memory got used up on him.

Thanks BigFreaky, Mugen, jaysonnj, Terrie, and canongirl for the photos. :thumbsup

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2010, 12:26:13 AM »
still mulling over if i should write my encounter..don't expect anything major, even if it was short

probably won't do my AX report at all..so many bad times still flood my head

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »
still mulling over if i should write my encounter..don't expect anything major, even if it was short

probably won't do my AX report at all..so many bad times still flood my head

OK, that's probably for the better. At one point, I thought the time we shared together was good for you and it outweighs all the bad, but it seems after all this time it hasn't. Oh well.

Offline yossierocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 10:08:14 PM »
so jealous and so determined to join in if we should ever be so lucky to have them here in the US again
Worshiping Yoshizawa Hitomi since 2001

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - Heartbeat