JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Donÿt Hate My Eyes

Author Topic: Our Cursed Gift II [NON SEQUEL] Chapter 22: Another side: Another Story (10/6)  (Read 70917 times)

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
Re: Our Cursed Gift II [NOT A SEQUEL] Chapter 3: Contradictory
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »
yay, new chapter ^^ Sorry I took forever to read it, you understand my net problems. xD

Anyway, wow. They're serious about Rika, aren't they o_o;; Freaky, I feel sorry for her but she got some nice help from (I'm guessing) Miki (the ass comment gave it away xD) and Miyabi (giant gangsta vest XD)

Nonetheless, good but short chapter. :D Write more, I know where you live. >:]
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »
Bumping because I hate seeing this thread in the second page xD Where are all my supporters? o_O

Anywho, I'm almost done with the next chapter.

Yes, it's going to be MUCH longer that the previous chapter, I assure you xD

Though, it seems that Foxy Brown has caught my true age xD No more perv access makes me sad because now I can't read those fanfics until 2.25 years pass xD -changes birthdate back to true date- So uh yeah, for those I haven't told on IM yet... I'm not legal yet :x Don't be angry with me o_o' At least the pictures are real xDDDDD

So yeah, this next chapter is going to have a lot of things happening xD Expect some humor, angst, and some 'lovin. AND a cliffhanger! <3

If no one posts after this, I'll turn this into the comment reply post and post the story after xD

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 01:12:58 AM »
 :OMG: I seriously need to start commenting more..srry...uh first off... :mon POd:why yossi?? *starts bawling*..jkz...OHHH SNAP CRACKLE AND POP yossi hunting down rika..o well rika has ass-grabbing miki to save her :cool1: but still damn you spirit!! no....wait...DAMN YOU TSUNKU!!Rika has awsome lotuses protecting her from firing squads tho...neat-o!! *sticks lotuses on myself*...>_>...*wanders off to firing squad*...if i post a comment next time, it means the lotuses worked...if not...i'll still comment..Oh and awsome job so far with the fic...well i'm off*salutes*

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 07:24:26 PM »
Loser: I didn't think it would look that short! I swear! xDDDD

Kreuz_Asakura: Oh, you'll see clearly who they are now xD

Estrea: I look forward to see how I will be dealing with that too xD

Rndmnwierd: Mm, and it's STILL the introduction! xD

Len.Chan: Just the beginning will sound like Ceres, the rest will be entirely pulled from my ass xD

Fimmy-chan: Nah, it's Yossie, not Boss xD But yeah, really short chapter ><

JFC: I <3 your commentary xD But I'm sure you'll definitely have much more things to interepret and work with in this chapter xD

Wordsworth: Forbidden love indeed... <3

Stefy: Roffle, your guesses are completely wrong xD

Raspberrygashes: I MISSED YOOOU! <3 Bodyguard Hitomi is love <3

Slave: I want lotuses to protect me too ;-;

Saikami: Mm, awesome guessing cousin xD But you knew who they were anyway xD

Psychotic: I guess you do xD Isn't this the first time you've commented on my works? xD Mm, I hope those lotuses worked xD

-whistle- ESSY-CHAN! WEDGE TIME~~~~~~~~~~~!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 07:25:08 PM »
Wedgie~

-headlocks Yuu- XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 07:34:12 PM »
This has to be the longest chapter I have so far xD It took up fifteen pages xD

Chapter 4: Ode to Emotion

Humans are the epitome of emotion.

Her life had been hell the moment she was born. Seriously. Ever since her birthday that month ago, she has been having creepy dreams, all with the same damned spirit that seems to have volition of cursing her whenever opportunity presents it. And apparently, just because the spirit can’t seem to be satisfied with her goal, Rika has to take abuse from it. And every failure seems to tower the last.

Every failure brought her closer to death.

Every encounter with death brought her closer to miracles.

And right now, her miracle was a groping demon and a mini evil version of the demon.

“I thank you for uh, rescuing me, but is groping my butt your reward or what?!” Rika raised her voice for the umpteenth time, slapping away the foreign hand.

“Would you like it to be the reward?” the older smirked, almost expecting her to comply.

“Nee-chan, Yuko-nee will get angry if you keep doing that to Ishikawa-san!” the younger retorted, as if the behavior of her older sister was absolutely mundane to her.

“Yeah! This Yuko-san will be angry!” Rika tried reasoning, hoping this ‘Yuko’ wouldn’t be too offended that Rika used her name as a weapon.

“Please, you’re misinterpreting it, Ishikawa, Miyabi means that Yuko would get angry because right now, she isn’t able to join in on the fun.”

“What kind of people are you?!”

“Your knights in shining armor of course, what else?” the younger one called Miyabi piped up.

“You both seem more like the perverted trainer and the squire to me…”

“Psh, Miyabi can probably fight a whole lot better than you, master of guns and agility. She’s a freaking ninja if you ask me.”

“And Miki is a black belt in kung fu, what’s more, she fights with chopsticks. Amazing feat if you ask the unbiased opinion of me.”

Alright.

I’ve been ‘rescued’ by Miki, a groping fighter who apparently fights with kitchen utensils, Miyabi, a gun using ninja kid…

How am I any safer from death?!

Now they were (had been) walking in a small shopping district. As expected, the crowds tended to their daily shopping. They were always searching for provisions to last them the week, always searching for provisions to last them the night’s dinner, always searching for provisions to tidy them up with impatience of the upcoming dinner. To them, it became a routine that did not require thoughts. Nothing to them was amiss.

That’s what she hated.

She was the one suffering, yet all the others have no idea of her sudden predicament. She knew it was selfish to think that sort of thing, wishing that everyone had suffered to see how they would react, a very childish thought. She doesn’t even have the right to hate that the others are not feeling the same torment she felt whenever the spirit would try to possess her. Such an impure thought… Such immorality cannot be condoned.

Why did she feel obligated to follow these two people? Are they rescuing her just for the fact that she housed a legendary spirit? Are they rescuing her just to kill her instead of the Shibata family? These two, despite appearances and attitude, have just as much strength to kill Rika as the squad who tried to execute her by firing. At least that’s what she concluded from their statements earlier.

How could they be trustworthy compared to the scheming Shibata family?

Shibata…

“Ayumi…” Rika uttered under her breath.

What had happened to her? All those scars and lacerations were definitely not a prank. All because of that hand. The hand that almost made Rika transform. The hand that could have killed Ayumi if Rika had not accumulated enough power to destroy it. Regardless, with such heavy wounds, heavy bleeding was bound to follow.

“Is Ayumi even alive…?” Rika looked over her shoulder, facing the direction of the mansion. Rika didn’t have too many doubts when it comes to the medical hospitals treating injuries and wounds…

“Who again? Lover?” Miki cut in, grinning mischievously.

“I’ve had just enough of you being so immature!” Rika replied in an aggravated voice, expressing anger through her glaring eyes.

“Miki-nee, Ishikawa-san is right, you can’t always be like that, at least tone it down until we come home, Yuko-nee would be angry if she isn’t brought back in one piece.”

“Miyabi-san is it? Why am I being brought there?” Rika looked at the younger.

“I don’t know. Yuko-nee became weird all of a sudden and demanded that we go to your address and retrieve you,” Miyabi scratched the back of her head. Rika noticed that the younger was obviously bemused at the behavior of this ‘Yuko’ the sisters kept referring to.

“So uh… How long until we arrive at your home?” Rika asked, hoping it would be soon.

“Nah, we’re just heading to the local inn. It’s like a day’s ride from here to there. We might as well rest there for the rest of the day and leave tomorrow morning,” Miyabi piped up, clearly looking forward to returning home.

Rika smiled at the younger sibling, at least she wasn’t corrupted like her big sister.

But then, her thoughts trailed towards the sky, wondering…

“Are you alright, Ayumi?”

It is up to the human to control their emotion.

Hitomi watched over the sleeping figure, clad in countless bandages. She wasn’t sure what to think of the poor woman for having to suffer so many injuries caused by the hand she had brought in. It’s a shame such a thing happened to such a nice woman too… All of her pretty features were now obscured by the bandages, and even without them, that beauty is now accompanied by the beast, those scars...

She was aware that the scars, mostly a tad bit jagged, yet straight, like rough sword cuts, were all over Ayumi’s body. The people who had tended to the wounds had exclaimed that she had over forty lacerations all over her body, most of which are nearly 40 centimeters long, though thankfully, just a centimeter or two deep. But the most noticeable scar Hitomi saw on Ayumi as the guards carried her into the hospital-like room of the manor was a scar on her right cheek. Two of them no less.

It was a cross-shaped scar.

It wasn’t huge in particular. The longer scar started in between the eye and ear and ended at a little below half her cheek. The shorter scar crossed over it near the bottom, only three centimeters wide. In fact, if one were to look at the upsidedown diagonal cross from an angle…

It nearly resembled a grim keeper’s scythe.

“It’s such a shame…” the androgynous woman sighed, turning around to leave. “It is the ‘best friends torn apart’ thing right?” the woman looked over, asking her question in a rhetorical manner.

“It’s such a shame…”

Emotions are very powerful weapons.

Rika looked up at the sky, baffled at how easily the darkness of night crawled across that vast blueness. The azure hue that the clouds gave off indicated to her that midday has finished sweeping over and now, night will soon take its place, watching all that is beneath it.

Was that spirit watching her every move?

Was that spirit watching her enter the inn room?

Had it contemplated possessing her at that time?

Was it scheming another good opportunity to possess her?

Rika hated this.

Her body was her own to command. No one else was supposed to override that unwritten law. She preferred not being different to that extent. She was the tennis captain of the team. She was admired by men and women alike. She had dated men in the past as common sense initiated. She had fun with Ayumi and friends. She worked hard in school, despite her average grades. She had a normal life.

And she wanted that life to be returned to her immediately.

That dreaded spirit came to her. Then all she has ever seen was sinister dreamscapes tainted in a grotesque vision.

She hated it.

She had done nothing wrong.

The hatred increased all the more with her appointed execution.

“Are you hungry?”

Rika’s thoughts stepped aside, allowing Miyabi’s voice to reach her. Without the necessity of verbal communication, she simply nodded her head eagerly. The corners of Miki’s mouth turned upward into a smile, an amused expression. Rika braced herself for foolishness, something she learned that the woman seemed to spew constantly throughout their thirty-minute trek.

“You’re hungry for me?”

Rika was unsure of whether to feel repulsed by the line or the wink the other gave her.

Decidedly, she felt repulsed by both.

“What the…?!” frustration edged Rika’s voice, “Just leave and find something for all of us to eat then!”

“Alright then hime, I’ll fetch you some take-out,” Miki scoffed, turning about her foot and leaving the room.

“That’s a healthy meal,” Miyabi raised a skeptical brow as part of sarcasm’s disguise.

“How do you put up with her anyway?” Rika sat on the bed, exhausted from standing.

“Although Miki-nee may act like that, deep down, she’s reliable. Though, her attitude doesn’t reflect it as you see,” Miyabi sat in the chair opposite to Rika.

“So uh… Will you please tell me about this ‘Yuko’ person?” the older asked, resting her hands on her lap, twiddling with her fingrers.

“Yuko-nee is not related to us by blood. But she is our elder sister. She helps us run our branch of the Fujimoto dance school. Other than that, she’s a folklorist.”

“Fujimoto eh? Both you and Miki?”

“I guess you can say that, haha,” Miyabi scratched the back of her head sheepishly. “I’m not good at explaining this story. Miki-nee can explain it better.”

“I see…”

Utter silence.

Then came an odd ringtone.

Rika raised a brow at the rather upbeat trance which radiated in noise from Miyabi’s pocket.

“…no SUKARETTO!” was one of the words Rika caught from the song. Then she caught some English which sounded like “YES MY LOVE!” before Miyabi answered her phone.

The cursed woman watched with interest at the affirmations and rhetorical phrases the teen spewed at the phone. If Rika hadn’t known any better, she would say Miyabi was incredibly annoyed. The gun-ninja hung up on whoever was at the end, and then told the other that she was to stay here and not go outside much. The reason for Miyabi’s concern was mainly due to the dangers of the Shibata agents who might be searching for her since she did not return to her dorm. As for the call of urgency, Rika wanted to burst out laughing, for Miki was at a gyouza stand (which was next to a takoyaki stand) and she happened to have forgotten her wallet, which was back at the inn. Obviously, Miyabi was going to find Miki and give her the wallet, Rika figured as she watched the younger bolt out the door energetically.

Now what?

Rika looked about the room, studying and observing it to see if she found anything interesting.

That’s always been a habit of her’s really. The cursed woman has curiosity, but she also happens to get a little picky when things are not organized. The room was kept neat and tidy, though Rika had the feeling that it was Miyabi that made it that way, not Miki. However, it could be the fact that they just rented the bedroom for the night, for there was an open case of luggage doomed to loneliness in the corner of the room. Feeling that urge to go over and rezip the pack, the woman stood up and walked over.

It was a simple black luggage case, It reminded her of the dragging (thus, wheeled) back-pack-like luggage from the airport too…

Were they from the Tokyo prefecture as well? The baggage only held clothes for a night’s rest. Trying not to pry any further, Rika kneeled over to tuck the loose clothes back into the baggage before zipping it.

Amidst the arranging, a huge mail-orange envelope caught her eye. It was the sort of envelope that the police would be using to hold important files in there…

What’s in here? I’m afraid to know…

Those doubtful feelings came to her again. She wasn’t too terrified in particular though, the squad that had fired at her gave her enough terror for the day. However, she couldn’t get rid of this feeling of anxiety which settled in the atmosphere around her.

What could those two be hiding…?

She had to know.

She had to absolutely know.

Otherwise, she might as well be handing over her life if these two were not trustworthy.

Undoing the string binding at the mouth of the envelope, she noticed that whatever was inside was semi-small and in huge amounts. Her hand ventured within the envelope and grabbed a handful of whatever was in it.

Photos.

The anxiety consumed her.

The photos were of her.

Not only there were pictures of her, there were pictures of her from when she was a baby… There were pictures of her going to her elementary school, middle school, high school, and even some recent pictures of her having lunch with Ayumi on the university’s lawn. There were also pictures of her out in the park, riding a bike, going to a random shopping district, going to the movies… It had almost every single picture of her in existence…

She stood up, dropping the pictures at her feet with a forceful throw. She felt that fear crawling into her face again, stepping backwards after witnessing what a stalker would do to pay homage to the object of their obsession.

What the?! Were they following me? Or was that Yuko following me?! Why would they do something like this?! Miki, Miyabi, and Yuko… stalkers?! I can’t stay here… These people are probably just as dangerous as the Shibatas… I have to go now!

The paled Rika shut her mouth tightly, afraid to utter a sound as she walked through that door, walking a different direction from where the shopping districts were. Since she has been here countless times with Ayumi before, she knew that the stands that Miki and Miyabi were probably at were in that shopping district. She walked at a moderately fast pace, but at the same time, a non-conspicuous speed as to not draw attention of anyone.

She looked up at the sky. It was a fiery orange, almost like fire paving the sky. After walking several blocks, she ended up in a suburban area where the stone-colored walls concealed all that lied in it, along with the narrow streets that one would usually lie flat against those walls to make sure they wouldn’t get run over by a car. Finally, she seemed to have recognized that she ended up in another part of the city, there were people about and a few cars passing here and there. Finding that she had no place to go, she decided to take a stroll in the local park, hoping nothing of ill intention will steal her away.

Then she suddenly remembered…

I can’t go to the dorm… They told me that’s the first place they will be searching…

Rika hugged her elbows, arching her back slightly in hopes that such a stance would deem her unapproachable. She wasn’t in the mood to be friendly to anyone. She didn’t want anyone to speak with her. She wanted to disclose herself from the rest.

Why her?

First, the spirit possesses her…Then the Shibata family attempts to execute her… After that, she was rescued by her stalkers…

I want to see you…

Hold it. Why was she still thinking of that damned guard?! Nothing could happen between them. That guard worked for the Shibata family. That meant the guard was obligated to kill her if she saw her, right?! What’s the use of falling in love with someone that’s going to kill you?!

“Well if it isn’t the cat.”

Speak of the devil.

Rika whirled around, almost taking an attacking stance: knees bent slight, fists at ready at her sides, head glaring at the tall woman before her. She didn’t realize she had taken a hostile stance until the other gave her an odd look, so she straightened herself out, but still kept her fists clenched.

“Why are you always appearing out of nowhere?” Rika still glared at the other, surprised at the amount of poison weaved within her words.

“In a bad mood, I see?” the androgynous woman raised a half-smile in amusement.

“Are you going to kill me?”

What the?! Rika clasped her hand against her mouth, how could I say such a childish thing?! She’s going to laugh at me and THEN kill me! How could I let my guard down and say something so stupid?! Oh gahh, don’t tell me it’s that stupid bishounen effect from manga again…

“What kind of question is that?” the taller chuckled, “Of course I’m not going to kill you.”

“How can I believe you? You work with the Shibata family…You are bound to have a mission of the sort to do that to me, right?” Rika raised her voice as she crossed her arms, looking away from the woman in front of her.

“Even if I did have a mission of the sort, I would be arrested if they see me assassinating you now.”

“Jee, that’s comforting…” Rika retorted, then she had a thought. A thought that was desperate… She looked at the guard with determination and stubbornness coated in her eyes.

“Hmm?” The taller raised a brow.

“Where’s Ayumi?”

“I don’t know,” the woman shrugged, almost mocking Rika with her tone of voice.

“Don’t give me that! People are always hiding things from me!” Rika almost yelled, remembering the hospitality of Miki and Miyabi earlier and then finding those dreadful photos, “I bet you are not any different from them! I know that you have knowledge of Ayumi’s whereabouts!”

“Don’t be ridiculous, and besides. Stop yelling. People will hear,” the bronze-red haired woman looked down at Rika in an almost nonchalant expression.

Is she being amused by this?!

“Fine, then I won’t let you out of my sight until you tell me!” Rika stomped her foot to emphasize that point.

The guard let out a sigh. She turned around walking towards the street, “Well, if you insist on following me, then go right ahead. My car is just around the corner.”

Without control, one becomes a shell.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST HER?!” boomed a digital voice.

“I’m sorry, Yuko-nee! I’m sorry!” Miki whined back into Miyabi’s cellphone. “She found the pictures we recovered from the Shibata International Company and must’ve thought we were stalkers!”

“YOU IDIOTS! YOU SHOULD HAVE HIDDEN THE FILE IN A DIFFERENT PLACE! I DIDN’T TEACH YOU BOTH YOUR SKILLS FOR NOTHING, YOU KNOW! GO FIND HER!”

“But Yuko-nee! We tried to look for her and she’s gone without a trace!” Miyabi replied in haste to the speakerphone of the cellphone, hoping her point would get through.

“Jeez, you kids make me do all the work,” Yuko’s voice on the phone grumbled.

“Well you are the wise obachan, dear sister, so tell us where Ishikawa’s headed to!” Miki yelled at the phone.

Yuko laughed on the other end, amused by her younger sister’s impatience and choice of words.

“Stop laughing, Yuko-nee! Just tell us!” Miyabi’s patience was also growing thin.

“HOLD ON THEN, DAMMIT! I CAN’T CONCENTRATE WHEN YOU TWO ARE BEING NOISY!!!!” Yuko screamed into her phone.

“HURRY UP THEN!” Miki and Miyabi yelled back in sync.

Oh the sisterly love…

A shell free to possess.

Rika watched the scenery zoom by from the car window. She was growing tired of the strenuous events which had occurred today. Mm. Being shot at like, a million places does take the energy out of a woman…

“Tired…” Rika began, noticing that the fire-paved skies were fading and a night blue hue was slowly spreading across the sky, “So, where are we going?”

“My home.”

“Oh…” Rika looked out the window absent-mindedly again… “Wait, what?!”

“Well the work day is over. So I’m going home. What are you, deaf?” the woman let out an amused look as she drove.

Rika just looked at the other with a look clearly reminiscent of a dear met with the headlights of a car.

“What?” the guard was taken aback by the expression, widening her eyes as well, “You were the one who insisted on coming along!”

The rest of the ride was silent, save for the times Rika or the other would cough a bit or sneeze.

Eventually, they arrived at the usual crowded and wall-protected neighborhood. The guard pressed a button on a small remote control, opening the garage and parking the hummer within. Under the blink of an eye, Rika and the guard waltzed into the plain house, the cursed woman deciding to rest on the dark green sofa, “So this is your house?”

“No, this is one of the many Shibata houses the family owns. The chief of the Shibata International Company is paying for me to be here, so feel free to make yourself comfortable, the chief is the one paying after all.”

“Not too caring, are you?” Rika looked over at the other woman.

“I’m not exactly the down-to-earth kind. But I’ve been told that I’m an all-around nice girl a few times. Guess it’s my laid back personality, ne?” the woman said as she walked over and sat on the opposite end of the couch after disposing of the outer suit jacket, tie, and unbutton the collar a bit to loosen the tight hold on her neck.

“So… What’s your full name?”

“Don’t know.”

“…Age?”

“Don’t know that either.”

“Do you even know where you’re from?”

“Not a clue.”

“You’re not lying to me, are you?” Rika brought her legs to her chest, wrapping her arms around them as she faced the other.

“I’m being truthful. I was told by Chief Kagami-san and various doctors that I’m an amnesiac patient. They said they found me in a plane crash and nursed me back to health, so the least I could do to repay them is be employed under the company.”

“Don’t you remember anything at all?” Rika lifted her head, now intrigued by the story.

“There was a thing or two…” the woman looked up, “I, for some odd reason, definitely know that my name is Hitomi.”

“It suits you too, you have nice eyes,” Rika tried to hold back a blush, having complimented the other and was unsure of how her reaction would be.

“Haha, thanks,” Hitomi scratched the back of her head, “and the other thing I remember… fire…”

“Fire?”

“Yeah… I remember a lot of flames, but that’s probably from the crash, so yeah…” the taller stopped her hand and then stood up. “You said you were tired right? I have extra clothes if you don’t want to sleep in what you have now,” Hitomi pointed upwards, probably to a bedroom.

“It’s alright, I can sleep with what I have on now,” Rika stood up. Still… It was quite the thought… Having to wake up in ruins of death… Not remembering a single thing… Probably burnt badly too… And then seeing a lot of white—being hospitalized to recover from the burns and the like… And on top of all that, to not remember your family or your friends… Or even a lover…

“Is it painful for you?” Rika didn’t turn around, hoping to avoid seeing the face of the taller.

“Not at all. I’m not sure of my personality back then, but my personality right now… I’m not the kind to be worrying about whether I remember things or not. Sure, I’m curious, but it’s simply not my main priority right now. The company said that they could try restoring my memory if I accomplish enough things, but I’d rather not dwell too much in the past, it’s not my style.”

“So… You don’t care about the people you might have hurt when you lost your memory?” Rika had no idea why her face was turning red. Was it because Hitomi was watching her from behind? Was it because Hitomi was there? Was it because of Hitomi’s voice…?

“Don’t say that. I haven’t thrown everything completely. I told you that they could bring back my memory, didn’t I?”

“Yeah…” Rika looked off to the side again.

“As for your friend, she’s safe in one of the rooms of that mansion, all bandaged up. We are just waiting for her to wake up is all,” Hitomi suddenly said, remembering Rika’s desperate question earlier.

“Good… I’m glad,” Rika placed her hands together, rubbing them together to sort of generate some heat for herself. Was the house even heated up yet? It was freezing…

“You should forget about Ayumi-san. It’s for your own good.”

“Why should I?” Rika turned around, almost glaring at the other again.

“No it’s just… The family is after your life. You shouldn’t  run into squads and be shot at whenever you visit her… Call it a ‘fatherly opinion’ I guess…” Hitomi walked closer.

“You have to be kidding me…” Rika looked down on the ground, “Of all the people out there in the world… Why Ayumi and I?”

“Don’t blame me, blame fate.”

“Fate you say? Who says it’s ‘fate’ anyway?! Why does fate have to be so cruel and be able to decide for all of this to happen without consent?! Is that supposed to mean that we have to give up because we can’t go against it?” Rika looked up at Hitomi, aware of the sensation her eyes were feeling, almost about to cry.

“I’m sorry, there’s nothing else I can tell you. You can have my bed upstairs, and then I’ll drop you off in a different town so you can start anew,” the taller said after a considerable amount of silence and then turned around to walk somewhere, but Rika immediately halted her advance by tugging onto her arm. “Hmm?”

“Alright… So did fate decide that we would be enemies?”

Hitomi turned around, looking down at the cursed woman with an almost sympathetic expression. Then her face was taken over by concern when she realized the hand that was clinging to her arm was shaking slightly.

“Are you cold? You’re shivering…”

Feeling a bit flushed, Rika removed her grasp on the bronze-red haired woman, “Don’t worry about it. It will go away when I slip under the covers, right?” she smiled. Then she felt surprised when she felt sudden warmth wrapped around her body. The blush on her face was sure to be compared to someone lit on fire.

After all, Hitomi had suddenly hugged her…

“Hitomi-san…” Rika said almost inaudibly, her feelings obscuring the volume of the voice.

“For me, I’m not going to let you go until you stop shivering, kay? But for you… If you really find it that uncomfortable, you can push me away, you know?” the taller said, tilting her head and having said all that within Rika’s ear.

Feeling the other’s breath on her ear, Rika felt like she was going to melt at the sheer heat that the other was providing to her. Of all the times Rika had seem Hitomi, she thought the taller incapable of expressing emotions physically like this, intimately like this. But with the embrace like this, all doubts and fears were burnt away by the heat…

She felt like she could trust this person.

Rika felt like she can place her faith in Hitomi.

Even though she may not have her memories… Rika was sure that she might be able to be of some assistance… Anything to aid this woman… Anything to make this woman happy…

Why was her heart beating fast?

For a woman of all people?

It wasn’t supposed to be like this…

She thought she was only capable of loving men…

But with Hitomi’s intimate hug like this… Her doubts of her orientation were slowly emerging from the ocean of questions.

No… She can’t…

She can’t love a woman.

She absolutely can’t…

But why…?

Why is it that with every time Hitomi appears, Rika felt so close to a tangible relationship with that woman? Why is it that with every word Hitomi speaks, she could believe anything she said? Why is it with every time Hitomi looks at her, she could see her blushing self reflected in her eyes?

Why is it…?

Why—No…How is it…?

How is it possible for Rika to fall in love with this woman?

“Release me.”

Then she felt it.

A painful throb.

“Ugh…” Rika nearly collapsed into the hug, clinging tightly to Hitomi’s shoulders, feeling an unbearable pain on her back. She couldn’t hear Hitomi’s tone of desperateness and concern: the pain was simply too painful. Again, it was the feeling of needles or snakes going in and out of her body. It was especially excruciating when she stepped backwards out of the embrace, still upon her knees. She clung onto the back of her shoulder blades, as if trying to prevent herself from lashing out.

That tattoo was pulsating again.

This time, it felt like the entire world was upon her shoulders, for it consumed her the exact same way it had looked on the tattooed woman.

Despite the huge amount of suffering she was going through, she looked up at Hitomi, giving her a look that clearly said to her that she was in need of great help.

A small wave of dark energy radiated from the woman in pain, causing Hitomi to stagger among other light items shaking. Rika’s hair began flickering yet again, this time, almost truthfully sticking to the hue and saturation of blood red.

Rika’s vision flickered between black and reality, and through Hitomi’s eyes, what she saw were the other’s eyes turning golden and back to normal in a matter of milliseconds repetitively.

Then, her world became cast in shadow.

All Rika knew was gone and in its place was an abyss of darkness.

And with its possession…

Hitomi was stunned at what she saw, levitating meters away from her.

In Rika’s place was a pale woman. She was in Rika’s clothes, which fitted slightly tighter since the woman herself was much taller than Rika, though not as tall as Hitomi. The woman had the black tattoos extending to the frame of her face, which was much more straighter and jagged than Rika’s. The woman’s long blood-red hair floated slightly in the hair, giving a supernatural atmosphere to it. Hitomi felt chills down her spine, staring back at the woman with golden eyes.

“You are no longer Rika Ishikawa… Aren’t you?” Hitomi said cautiously, taking out a switch blade and a stiletto whose designs were of a scenery depicting hellish demons engraved onto the hilt.

“That foolish lovesick human?” the woman sneered, “No, Rika Ishikawa has gone to sleep. I am the one who descended upon this Earth those centuries ago. I am Maki.”

All hell is unleashed.

<3 Going to post some of the scores for the OST (Original Score Track or as I like to say, Original Sound Track) in the next chapter. Look forward to them too! <3
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:48:06 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 07:34:53 PM »
DIBS

Claimed first reply hehe. XD

First thing, Miki and Miyabi! XD Fun siblings. XD Miyabi the mini evil version of Miki hehe. XD And Yuko as they elder sister...oh the yankii love (well, Miki and Yuko are yankii, and if they're leading Miyabi astray, she'll be yankii in no time too XD).

Lol @ the misunderstanding over the photos. I'd be pretty creeped out too if I discovered someone keeping such a detailed photographic portfolio (almost typed pornographic o_O) of me. XD

And woohoo, the spirit woke up! It's Maki! <3 XDDDD Funny how when Rika gets all doki doki over Yossi, and the tattoo starts pulsating. Bad timing much? XD I wonder if there's a link....?

Now I wanna know what happens next. Big fight now? XD Maki vs Yossi <3333 Wait, Maki living in Rika's body (sorta) = o___O The clothes definitely won't fit. Kinda hoping for ripped clothing XDDD

Forgive the disjointed comment, it's almost 4 in the morning (I stayed up to wedge and claim dibs! XDDD). I really need sleep, like, right now. XD Good luck working out the next chapter! <3
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:52:56 PM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
Re: Our Cursed Gift II [NOT A SEQUEL] Chapter 4: Ode to Emotion
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »
 :mon scare:

[I might come back and edit this later, but... that pretty much sums up my reaction. XD]
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »
Ever since her birthday that month ago, she has been having creepy dreams, all with the same damned spirit that seems to have volition of cursing her whenever opportunity presents it.
So the spirit only began to appear after Rika's birthday? There's got to be some sort of connection there.

“Nee-chan, Yuko-nee will get angry if you keep doing that to Ishikawa-san!” the younger retorted,
Only because Yuko-neesan probably wanted to grope her herself first.  :D

“Please, you’re misinterpreting it, Ishikawa, Miyabi means that Yuko would get angry because right now, she isn’t able to join in on the fun.”
I knew it! XD

“And Miki-ni is a black belt in kung fu, what’s more, she fights with chopsticks. Amazing feat if you ask the unbiased opinion of me.”
All of a sudden I'm reminded of the first Ranma 1/2 movie, "Nihao My Concubine". :lol:

How could they be trustworthy compared to the scheming Shibata family?

Shibata…

“Ayumi…” Rika uttered under her breath.
Question is, how much does Shiba-chan know? Did she know that the spirit of her family's enemy had taken up refuge in Rika? If she did, was their friendship just an act?

Rika smiled at the younger sibling, at least she wasn’t corrupted like her big sister.
Not yet, anyway.  :twisted:

the scars, mostly a tad bit jagged, yet straight, like rough sword cuts, were all over Ayumi’s body. The people who had tended to the wounds had exclaimed that she had over forty lacerations all over her body, most of which are nearly 40 centimeters long, though thankfully, just a centimeter or two deep.
Poor Shiba-chan.  :cry:

It nearly resembled a grim keeper’s scythe.
Ummm...do you mean "grim reaper"?

“It’s such a shame…” the androgynous woman sighed, turning around to leave. “It is the ‘best friends torn apart’ thing right?” the woman looked over, asking her question in a rhetorical manner.
That's scary how Yossi was able to say that so calmly, so non-chalantly. Whoever brainwashed and trained her did a really good job. She's now the quintessential non-emotional assassin.

“Yuko-nee is not related to us by blood. But she is our elder sister. She helps us run our branch of the Fujimoto dance school. Other than that, she’s a folklorist.”
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of relationship dynamic these girls have. And Miki's family owns a bunch of dance schools? Neat.  :D

As for the call of urgency, Rika wanted to burst out laughing, for Miki was at a gyouza stand (which was next to a takoyaki stand) and she happened to have forgotten her wallet, which was back at the inn.
Nice one, Miki-sama!  :rofl:

Trying not to pry any further, Rika kneeled over to tuck the loose clothes back into the baggage before zipping it.

Amidst the arranging, a huge mail-orange envelope caught her eye. It was the sort of envelope that the police would be using to hold important files in there…

What could those two be hiding…?

She had to know.

Photos.

The anxiety consumed her.

The photos were of her.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh now it gets interesting. If Miki & Miyabi's story is true, then they were probably just given the photos so that they'd be able to properly identify Rika (to make sure that they didn't grab the wrong woman). But even with that in mind...who's photos were those? How'd they get them? Why did they go all the way back to when she was a child? :dunno:

Rika whirled around, almost taking an attacking stance: knees bent slight, fists at ready at her sides, head glaring at the tall woman before her. She didn’t realize she had taken a hostile stance until the other gave her an odd look, so she straightened herself out, but still kept her fists clenched.

“Why are you always appearing out of nowhere?” Rika still glared at the other, surprised at the amount of poison weaved within her words.
Ah so she and Yossi HAVE already met...interesting.

“Where’s Ayumi?”

“I don’t know,” the woman shrugged, almost mocking Rika with her tone of voice.

“Fine, then I won’t let you out of my sight until you tell me!” Rika stomped her foot to emphasize that point.

The guard let out a sigh. She turned around walking towards the street, “Well, if you insist on following me, then go right ahead. My car is just around the corner.”
Well, Yossi could very well be telling the truth (that she doesn't know). However, she could also be lying and trying to draw Rika into a trap of some sort.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST HER?!” boomed a digital voice.

“I’m sorry, Yuko-nee! I’m sorry!” Miki whined back into Miyabi’s cellphone. “She found the pictures we recovered from the Shibata International Company and must’ve thought we were stalkers!”

“YOU IDIOTS! YOU SHOULD HAVE HIDDEN THE FILE IN A DIFFERENT PLACE! I DIDN’T TEACH YOU BOTH YOUR SKILLS FOR NOTHING, YOU KNOW! GO FIND HER!”
Oops. Miki and Miyabi got a bit sloppy. :P

Rika watched the scenery zoom by from the car window.

“So, where are we going?”

“My home.”

“Oh…” Rika looked out the window absent-mindedly again… “Wait, what?!”

“Well the work day is over. So I’m going home. What are you, deaf?” the woman let out an amused look as she drove.

“What?” the guard was taken aback by the expression, widening her eyes as well, “You were the one who insisted on coming along!”
She DOES have a point. Rika DID say that she wouldn't let her out of her sight. So that means that wherever one goes, so too must the other. :D

The guard pressed a button on a small remote control, opening the garage and parking the hummer within.
She's got a Hummer? :o  Working for the Shibata family must pay REALLY well, considering she's "only" a guard.

“So this is your house?”

“No, this is one of the many Shibata houses the family owns. The chief of the Shibata International Company is paying for me to be here, so feel free to make yourself comfortable, the chief is the one paying after all.”
I'd be suspicious at the fact that they're staying at a company-owned house. Wouldn't surprise me if the place was secretly bugged.

Hitomi scratched the back of her head, “and the other thing I remember… fire…”

“Fire?”

“Yeah… I remember a lot of flames, but that’s probably from the crash, so yeah…”
Let's hope it's just that, and that it doesn't turn out that Yossi's some type of pyro.  :P

“Release me.”

Then she felt it.

A painful throb.

That tattoo was pulsating again.

This time, it felt like the entire world was upon her shoulders, for it consumed her the exact same way it had looked on the tattooed woman.
FIGHT IT RIKA!!! FIGHT IT!!!

Hitomi was stunned at what she saw, levitating meters away from her.

In Rika’s place was a pale woman. She was in Rika’s clothes, which fitted slightly tighter since the woman herself was much taller than Rika, though not as tall as Hitomi. The woman had the black tattoos extending to the frame of her face, which was much more straighter and jagged than Rika’s. The woman’s long blood-red hair floated slightly in the hair, giving a supernatural atmosphere to it. Hitomi felt chills down her spine, staring back at the woman with golden eyes.

“You are no longer Rika Ishikawa… Aren’t you?” Hitomi said cautiously,

“That foolish lovesick human?” the woman sneered, “No, Rika Ishikawa has gone to sleep. I am the one who descended upon this Earth those centuries ago. I am Maki.”
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???    :OMG: :scared: :shock: :mon scare:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 01:06:28 AM »
 :shock: :shock: :shock: :mon scare: :mon scare: :mon scare: :mon scare: :mon spit: :mon spit: :mon spit: :mon spit:

MAKI!!!!!!!!!  :mon thumb:
I was waiting for her but I never  expect she will appear in this way!!!

This is awesome!!!
Waiting for the next!!!

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2007, 01:45:15 AM »
Hahaha, when I read the part where Rika discovered photos, I was like...."Ah. Uhuh." *leers at Miki*

Or not.

“Yeah! This Yuko-san will be angry!” Rika tried reasoning, hoping this ‘Yuko’ wouldn’t be too offended that Rika used her name as a weapon.

“What kind of people are you?!”
:lol: I love the switching of Rika lording Yuko over them to cowering from them altogether.

“HOLD ON THEN, DAMMIT! I CAN’T CONCENTRATE WHEN YOU TWO ARE BEING NOISY!!!!” Yuko screamed into her phone.
Haha! Ah, I could totally imagine Yuko doing just that.

And of course, horray for the Yocchan and Rika interaction! Though I'm wondering if Maki had anything to do with the plane crash that Yossie survived, which would then give Yossie reason to kill her (though I'm betting that doing so would kill Rika and so she'd be torn, yeah?)

Definitely wondering what the significance of the cross scar on Shibata's face is all about. hmm...

AGH! Dying for answers in the next chapter!!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2007, 04:31:08 AM »
*squeals* Maki! Bad Maki even!

Now, fangirlism aside, I must say this is becoming really exciting. I'm not particularly impressed by IshiYoshi just now, but it's all good. The Yuko-Miki-Miyabi sisterhood seems funny, and entertaining... Oh, and that scar on Shiba-chan's face is a reference to Ruroni Kenshin?

Loser87

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 05:13:38 AM »
Here? I'm suppose to comment here? really? o_o
Ew..
XDXD just kidding

I read the chapter fully! HA I Am so proud of myself
Normally I would just skim a rather long chapter like that but I read it and hot damn it was good

To sum everything up, these will be sufficient enough of what my facial expression came out to be~:
 :dizzy: :badluck: :dozing: :hee: :hiakhiakhiak: :wahaha: :sweat: :mon lol: :mon determined: :mon inluv: :mon suspect: :mon ehh: :mon scare: :mon closeup: :mon spit: :mon duh: :mon ko: :mon waterworks: :mon POd: :scared: :scolding: :temper: :fainted: :mon baby:

=3 ignore that last icon..I just liked that icon, it's cute~
But that basically sums up my expression in order! YUP!
Ew...my 800th post goes here? To YOU!? EW! WTH!? >_>....you just got lucky I guess XDXD

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 07:24:09 PM »
Holy Crap!? Maki?! Maki?! MAKI?!!!

....I should have seen that coming, really...

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »
O_O;; Holy crap. Okay, well I normally start from the first then comment down, but I must say. Maki...Evil spirit...I find that extremely hawt! XD Yes, your cousin has issues. :3

ANYWHO! Miki and Miyabi, yeah I knew it was them but it was obvious. :D I love those two~! <3 And gotta love how Yuko is their "big sister" XD Now that I think about it, I really can picture Miyabi growing up to be just like Miki. O_O; Either way, Yuko was right, they need to learn how to hide stuff better. XD By the way...If they have so many pictures of Rika...Do they have any of her in the shower? ;]

If I were Rika, I'd most likely follow Yossie too. I dunno why. XD But I'm so used to reading "Yossie" that when you put Hitomi I think it's weird. ^^;; Anyway, she's staying the night? o.o <3 <3 Make the move, Yossie! Although that'd most likely be really hard when Rika is now Maki...-cough- MAKE THE MOVE ANYWAY :D

write more :D -cracks whip-

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2007, 01:30:16 AM »
HAHA my predictions were TOTALLY wrong, ahaha funny...
I was 'ehh!'-ing at the spirit being Maki, but one other thing bugged me... I love the IshiYoshi part alot but is Yossi for real? She's acting so she could trap Rika right? And, I agree with your cousin there, I kinda find it weird to read 'Hitomi' when refering to Yossi.

I'm guessing (hoping) that there will be a fight between Miki, Miyabi vs Yossi.. to save Rika... or Maki...

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2007, 04:44:15 AM »
Back and ready to reply...at first I was like  :on lol: kitchen using utensil, black belt miki forgetting her wallet...then  :dizzy: wha...why do they have so many pictures of Rika...then  :luvluv2: for ishiyoshi moment and lastly :OMG: :grr: :scared: :shock: :stoned: :sweat: :stunned: :imdead: :mon cweepy: :mon closeup: :mon spit: and yea....holy crap*slaps self to make sure I read the name Maki*...seems like an interesting scar Ayumi has...and at the end..woah...so yossi ALREADY had a switch blade and stilleto on her...hm...interesting indeed...Lastly, I sense some major arse-whopping in next chap...or at least I hope so :twisted:

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »
A sexy girl being possessed by another sexy girl, HOT!!! And with Yossie involved, this could be one odd love triangle.

Now seriously... Yuko and the rest could be the remains of the family that the ghost is from. She could be trying to find some way to have her rest in peace. But with the pictures; it would freak anyone out. But those pics could also mean that Clan Tsunku knew who was going to have the spirit possess them, cause I don't think he would take snapshots like that just to check up on his relatives' friends, unless...

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »
Essy-chan: Hmm. I love the Fujimoto siblings too xD I like your train of thought with Rika's emotions being somehow linked to Maki's appearance :]

Fimmy-chan: o_o

JFC: Mm. Keep that in mind, the fact that the Shibata family is paying Yossie quite hansomely :]

Kreuz: And thus, Maki appears <3

Orangesocks: Hmm. I wonder indeed xD Yeah, I loved Rika at that moment when she found out Yuko was just as perverted xD

Armeghetta: Oops I fail xD Oh well, I'm not used to writing the stereotypical shojo couple like Rika and Yossie's relationship, so I'm trying >< But it's not supposed to reference Kenshin's scar, but I guess it works both ways xD

Loser: You are so adorable xD

Rndmnwierd: Yeah, you should have xD

Saisai: Of course evil Maki is hawt xD I wonder if they have that sort of picture indeed xD Yeah, I kept writing Yossie and had to change it to "Hitomi" every time xD

Stefy: You too? Yeah xD We'll see Yossie's intentions soon enough xD

Psychotic: Yes xD Silly Miki xD I love how you go through every emotion like Loser xD But try to step away from that xD I like full on comments better xD There's arse wooping, but no Maki or Yossie xDD

Glcorps: Oh yeah >D Though it's not really a love triangle o-o' You're getting on the right train of thought, but that's  not exactly it xD

-Wedge whistle-

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2007, 05:04:48 PM »
-WEDGE-

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Donÿt Hate My Eyes