JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rip Slyme - Funkastic

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 483400 times)

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1620 on: July 01, 2017, 08:20:35 AM »
It's literally impossible to watch any Youtube documentary without the same old alt-right bullshit in the comments.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1621 on: July 01, 2017, 12:31:03 PM »
The last 5 years or so the internet has become completely shit - even the leader of the free world makes petty insults at people he saw on TV.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1622 on: July 11, 2017, 06:22:03 PM »
uijin-future (2017/7/5 uijin one man live)

They seem a lot more cutesy than I thought.

Seems like they had an album out on July 5th.

Chihiro

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1623 on: July 12, 2017, 01:23:31 AM »
Just read about this group called Shuuengo Buppan on StraightFromJapan.

They have 3 original songs (and also and awesome cover of Auld Lang Syne) up on SoundCloud and I really like their style! https://soundcloud.com/lso8h0lwo27p

They debuted at Idol Yokocho Festival this past weekend and here are their sets from both days!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:10:51 PM by Jul3 »

Chihiro

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1624 on: August 20, 2017, 04:25:44 AM »
Afilia not only changed the name but also are doing a reboot XD lol

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1625 on: August 20, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »
And Kaori quit being blonde too...

Related: Iketeru Hearts added 4 new members. Yukafin is their new producer too!

http://natalie.mu/music/news/245416

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1626 on: September 19, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »
I wanted to learn more about this group - sora tob sakana
because I saw this member, Fuka Kanzaki 神埼風花

in a clip of the Jam Allstars 2017 theme song

And the song and choreography is impressive!

sora tob sakana - Eikaku na Nichijou
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:25:02 PM by muppet »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1627 on: September 19, 2017, 10:07:06 PM »
I wanted to learn more about this group - sora tob sakana
because I saw this member, Fuka Kanzaki 神埼風花

http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=41909.0

Since there isn't much activity here I haven't really updated it that much lately.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1628 on: September 19, 2017, 11:28:21 PM »
Thanks Rezar san. I should have searched, but I didn't think they would have their own thread....

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1629 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »
Do we have a thread for Amaki Sally's group? LOL Well I posted this on facebook and figured it might be more appreciated here:

https://youtu.be/6Ao62EAO26s?t=46m56s

(The video in question)

Ok. General (Jpop fan) Internet's response to Amaki Sally: "Wow a funny cute Jpop idol who speaks fluent English!" My response to Amaki Sally: "Wow this code-switching is incredible! I wish I knew more about code-switching so I could analyse this FOR FUN!"

I actually went ahead and wrote down a short piece of her storytelling because it gives you the visual form of her switching between English and Japanese. DISCLAIMER: My Japanese is not-so-good and I had to use a dictionary and there are still question marks at bits that I'm still unsure about. Plz don't yell at me.

But overall, it's interesting that she's trying to cater to both international and Japanese viewers (the latter "should" be her main audience), but I think maybe you only get 100% the full story if you speak both languages. Also I've long ago noticed that people speak Japanese with a higher voice than, say, English or Finnish, but it's wild to see someone's tone change so quickly and effortlessly when switching between languages. She goes from sounding like your typical cutesy polite Japanese girl to an American... valley girl? I don't even know. Though her Japanese seems very casual as well. So much "nanka" which is sort of the "like" or "niinku" of Japanese...

Starts in the video at 46m56s: (the version with Japanese kana+some kanji is below)

"Okay, I’m just gonna tell you one last story, and then- ‘cause we’re talking about American school now. ano saigo ni hitotsu dake wo hanashi shitemo hayaishi owari ne. Back in, well, when I went to school in America, I didn’t know how to draw on eyebrows, going back to that story. nanka ne mayuge no kakikata ga wakaranakute. I don’t know, one day I was really bored, and I just shaved off all my eyebrows. nanka ikkai, mayuge zenbu soriotoshita koto ga aru no, mou tsurutsuru ni natta koto ga atte nanka, nanka wakannai kedo mayuge soritaku nachatte. sore de zenbu naku nachatta no. But I honestly didn’t know how to draw eyebrows. So I took an eyeliner and I just drew a straight line. nanka eyeliner de, massugu no, massugu no senkai?chatte. I honest- I didn’t know how to draw eyebrows and I just thought that something had to be there. nanka 'nanika naku okashii' to omotta kara I was like, Ima just draw a straight line with my eyebrow. Let me tell you, the only thing straight about me were my eyebrows back then."

continued at 48m17s

"Anyway, nanka, oh god. When was it? When was this? I think it was like. Not even long ago. sonna nanka mukashi demo nai. nanka ne honto ni nanka mayuge no kakikata ga. Also because I was a cosplayer, so eyebrows were just in the way. Cosplayer atta kara, nanka, ironna, ironna katsura kaburu toki ni, sono katsura no i-, iro ni mayuge awase ni? kaketa no ni motomoto kurui matsuge- matsuge janai- mayuge ga attara, jama datta kara demo sochattan desu yo."

Version with Japanese writing (not many kanji because my face):

"Okay, I’m just gonna tell you one last story, and then- ‘cause we’re talking about American school now. あの最後に一つだけを話しても早いし終わりね。Back in, well, when I went to school in America, I didn’t know how to draw on eyebrows, going back to that story. なんかねまゆげの書き方がわからなくて。I don’t know, one day I was really bored, and I just shaved off all my eyebrows. なんか一回まゆげ全部そりおとしたことがあるの、もうつるつるになったことがあってなんか、なんかわかんないけどまゆげそりたくなちゃって。それでぜんぶなくなちゃったの。But I honestly didn’t know how to draw eyebrows. So I took an eyeliner and I just drew a straight line. なんかアイライナーで、まっすぐの、まっすぐのせんかい?ちゃって。I honest- I didn’t know how to draw eyebrows and I just thought that something had to be there. なんか「なにかなくおかしい」と思ったから I was like, Ima just draw a straight line with my eyebrow. Let me tell you, the only thing straight about me were my eyebrows back then.

Anyway, なんか, oh god. When was it? When was this? I think it was like. Not even long ago. そんななんかむかしでもない。なんかね本当になんかまゆげの書き方が。Also because I was a cosplayer, so eyebrows were just in the way. コスプレイヤーあったから、なんか、いろんな、いろんなかつらかぶる時にそのかつらのいろにまゆげあわせに?かけたのにもともとくるいまつげ、まつげじゃない、まゆげがあったらじゃまだったからでもそちゃったんですよ。"

Anyway, THAT WAS FUN. I'm not really even sure why I did this other than I got the idea and felt like it? Enjoy Amaki Sally? 🤣For more information on her... Google, because I basically just know her from twitter where people talk about her a whole lot.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #1630 on: October 10, 2017, 03:25:46 AM »
Has this dance group been posted before - they are goooooood!

東京ゲゲゲイ

東京ゲゲゲイ 驚愕のダンスパフォーマンス | Chocola BB Joma リリースイベント

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1631 on: October 16, 2017, 01:16:40 AM »
This song by Mistress is quite nice:

Chihiro

Offline kickwahyu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1632 on: November 09, 2017, 06:17:13 AM »
Young Animal 2017 No. 22

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #1633 on: November 09, 2017, 03:46:51 PM »
^ Aoi Aoi
1998年2月1日

Quite cute!

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1634 on: November 10, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »
What do you guys use to know the idol shows that are currently scheduled?

I used Idolscheduler but lately it seems to be missing a lot of concerts. There are a few idol groups I know which have concerts coming up in the next few weeks that aren't even listed there.

Is there something better to find out about upcoming shows?

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1635 on: November 25, 2017, 11:18:45 PM »
What do you guys use to know the idol shows that are currently scheduled?

I used Idolscheduler but lately it seems to be missing a lot of concerts. There are a few idol groups I know which have concerts coming up in the next few weeks that aren't even listed there.

Is there something better to find out about upcoming shows?

Idolscheduler has fuck all on it.

Best to check the individual twitters (or websites/blogs) of the groups that you follow. Bear in mind that some groups, particularly the smaller groups, are very last minute about show announcements, for some groups, announcing a show the day before is standard behaviour.

Chihiro

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1636 on: December 07, 2017, 05:51:34 AM »
I recently discovered former main girl of Choco Milq is now at hiragana keyakizaka46

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1637 on: January 01, 2018, 10:29:36 PM »
"18-Year-Old Idol Asuka Kiraboshi Announces Pregnancy with Manager's Child"

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-12-30/18-year-old-idol-asuka-kiraboshi-announces-pregnancy-with-manager-child/.125903

This is kinda shocking to me... firstly, she has been in a relationship with her manager for 2 years... since she was 16... secondly, both her and the manager want her to carry on with being an idol... at least the manager is only 22, not some 50 year old like I was imagining when I first heard this story, but still...

Chihiro

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1638 on: January 01, 2018, 11:13:48 PM »
Her fans' messages were not so optimistic. One wrote that her manager is a horrible person, another wrote that they want to celebrate the pregnancy but is instead are left feeling lonely and hopeless, while another said Kiraboshi's relationship with her manager is an insult to fans and they will no longer support her as a fan.
lol, poor otakus

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1639 on: January 10, 2018, 06:16:12 AM »
Virtual Currency Girls  :? :panic:

https://twitter.com/kasotsuka100

18-year-old Rara Naruse, Bitcoin Cash (BCH)

16-year-old Hinano Shirahama, Bitcoin (BTC)

Age-unreleased Ami Amo, Ethereum (ETH)

22-year-old Suzuka Minami, NEO (NEO)

Age-unreleased Momo Aisu, MonaCoin (MONA)

17-year-old Kanako Matsuzawa, Cardano (ADA)

17-year-old Koharu Kamikawa, NEM (XEM)

15-year-old Hinata Kozuki, Ripple (XRP)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rip Slyme - Funkastic