JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Isolations

Author Topic: Nocturne [13/02 - Epilogue (END)]  (Read 112548 times)

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [File #07]
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »
@sweety: being that I kno what's happening more or less... I find ur post super amusing xD... like es-chan said ur right on the ball with some and so far off with other. Good job though. I just think u make Ai too evil in some areas and too soft in others.

@hamzies: awwwwww lay off yuuka-chan, she's adorable <3. I think Es-chan might have to write gaki yuuka interaction of some sort to get u to finally convert xD. On another not *huggles u to death* I've missed u woman ;_;... u dissapear from me way to long.

Now to the story. I promise u I got the biggest tooth ache from all the cuuuutttteeee sweeeeeeet yuukai moments <3 <3 <3. And I still want more.

I dunno if Ai did it intentionally or not but I'm glad yuuka devised that plan... shows her training is coming to good use.

I wonder how young yuuka was when she was adopted =/. 

The whole bitchy girl thing was pure LOLOLOL had me laughing for a good a few seconds. I'm excited to see  how ur gonna pan out the whole Ai/Eri sitch.

As for whether Eri is the target I can't say... but it sure as hell would be interesting if she were >D teeheehee

anywho... I'm gonna sit back now and wait for the next chapter ^~^
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [File #07]
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »
Woo I'm on a roll! Shorter chapter this time round. XD

Comment replies first though.

Yuuyami: Lol, you're really commenting on this story huh? XD But yup, the assassin sisters are awesome. They make a good team. *nods* I liked the Bitchy/Crazy thing too, giggled like crazy while typing that part heh. About the AiEri-ness...hmm, you'll see. XD

CrypticShadow8: Hi and welcome to the thread! Hope to see you around often. :P I agree, yay Eri! And Yuuka's a good girl, yes she is. =D

JFC: Have I told you how much I enjoy your mass quoting comments? XD Yuuka/Ai is cute, is it not? XD I liked Bitchy Girl too, she was awfully convenient. Hehe. About what Ai is gonna do that presumably involves Eri, well, you'll have to wait and see as to how Yuuka will play a role here. Ai has plans, and so do I. >D

Fenrir: Yup, it's Elizabeth-chan all over again! Kinda. XD I see you're already putting your finger on the trend. Hehe. Ai's really pimping it~ Yeah I want a cute lil sis like Yuuka too! Your guesses are pretty close to the mark, you know?! I think I need to guard my thoughts more carefully from now on... And to your question at the bottom, yes you do. =D

sweeety: Do you feel better now? I hope you aren't too sick. Ai's one sick individual here in this story, but well...she's still awesome. Haha. About Risa, I'll get back to her situation soon. I just need to set up the latest story arc here before swinging back again. But you're right, poor Risa.

H2Overdose: Yup, I kept my promise, no? Yeah Yuuka's freaking adorable. I'm glad I managed to get you really into this story. Hehe.

Sukoshi: Good guess! Haha. Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that it was Eri. The rich girl aura thing is a classic. XD Hehehe now to see what role Eri will play in the story~

SxY: Why does everyone think I'm gonna kill Eri. XD I'm not that evil...wait, I just might be! Muahahahaha. Everyone luffs the sisterly love. XD Good job guessing it was Eri!

Ichigo-chan: Nyahahaha, join the Yuuka-love! Ai's a good nee-chan. XD Well, sorta. Lol. You really have a one track mind with TakaGaki. XD Do you really want me to torture poor Gaki even more? Seriously? You Gaki fans are a twisted bunch. XDDD About Bitchy/Crazy Girl, I didn't really think of her as a H!P girl, but you could always imagine someone there. Haha.

lil_hamz: Hehe Yuuka's a smart one. She can handle herself just fine, thank you very much. She acts cute and harmless cos that's her strength. If you've got it, use it! XD And don't think your trick works on me, Yuuka's here to stay (for now anyway XD). Again with the twisted Gaki fans! I feel sorry for Gaki-san. Lol. With fans like this, who needs haters? XD

poets: Did you reply on your epic phone? <3 Yuuka wasn't as young as Ai when SHE was adopted, but around 10/11ish? But yeah, Yuuka/Ai = much love. As for the AiEri, you'll see. Hehehe. I has plans~

Right. That should do it. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [File #08]
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
File #08

"Ara, is that Takahashi-san? I haven't seen you around in almost 2 months. How was your assignment?"

Ai smiled at the matronly lady who greeted her as she halted at the lobby, an overnight bag in one hand and a black leather camera case slung over one shoulder.

"It was an interesting trip, Fuyutsuki-san. Ah, here's a souvenir from my trip." Ai fumbled around with her baggage for a bit, before producing a small box for her landlady.

"Oh, you shouldn't have!" But she accepted the gift anyway, as was normal. "I made sure your apartment was clean while you were away, so you won't have too much trouble settling right in."

"Thank you very much." Ai half turned and reached out from something...or rather, someone. "Come on Yuukarin, it's alright."

"Oh? Who is that?" The landlady squealed when she saw Yuuka hesitantly peek out from behind Ai. "How adorable! Is that..."

"My sister. She's been sick a lot, and was in the care of my mother." Ai explained briefly. Fuyutsuki nodded sympathetically. She had heard of Takahashi's unfortunate family situation, her parents having divorced and Takahashi separated from her mother at a young age.

"Why is your sister here then?" Ai lowered her head.

"My mother...passed away. I guess as her only living relative, the least I could do is to take care of my little sister."

"Oh my!" The landlady assumed a sympathetic, motherly pose almost immediately. Walking around Ai to look at Yuuka, she patted the younger girl on the head. She looked at Ai, who was discreetly dabbing at her eyes.

Ai looked solemn, almost on the verge of tears but still strong enough not to cry. "I hope you'll understand my situation and let her stay with me for now...she doesn't have anywhere else to go."

The landlady nodded. "I understand perfectly. It must be very difficult for the two of you now, so if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask!" Ai nodded gratefully, reaching into her jacket for an envelope.

"Here's the rent for this month. We'll be in your care." The sisters bowed politely before taking their leave, Yuuka tagging along obediently behind Ai, who had to heave a heavy luggage case into the elevator.

Fuyutsuki looked on as the elevator doors closed, then down at the envelope. Those poor girls! She quietly vowed to shower them with as much care as possible while they were here.

~*~*~

"I didn't know you had an apartment here, Oneesama!" Yuuka looked around the sparsely furnished space that had the bare essentials and nothing else.

Ai grinned. "Doesn't hurt to be prepared for eventualities. I have several places in Tokyo, helps when I need a place to go to." She put down her things, unpacking quickly.

"It's a bit small, but we should be fine." Ai looked up as Yuuka poked her head out of the tiny (and only) window of the small apartment. "Yuuka? Are you listening to me?"

"Sorry Oneesama! I'm just so excited that I'm actually out here with you." Yuuka quickly crossed back to Ai's side, helping her sort out their belongings. There wasn't that many, and all were rather plain and certainly not expensive. Part of their cover after all.

"Are you feeling alright though? That drug..." Indeed, Yuuka looked paler than usual, a sunken look in her eyes despite the bright spark lingering in the depths. Her small hands twitched spasmodically, barely visible but certainly there without a doubt.

In short, she looked exactly the part of an ill person, not without some help though. Ai had sought the help from a very reliable source to fake the physical appearance of illness in Yuuka. She had had to pay through her nose to have it on such short notice, but haste had been necessary.

"Just a little tired..." On cue, Yuuka yawned, blinking sleepily and looking like hell warmed over. Had Ai not already been privy to the truth, she would have thought that Yuuka was really sick.

"Rest then. I'll wake you for dinner later." Her sister nodded, curling up and falling asleep almost instantly. Ai went back to work mode, checking her email on her cellphone and reading the latest message.

Done.

Takeda

P.S. Take care of Yuuka, or else!

Ai nodded in satisfaction that her demands had been fulfilled. Ta-kun could be extraordinarily efficient when pressed. Only he had the necessary contacts to get what she needed on short notice anyway.

Extracting a plain manila envelope from her bag, Ai idly flipped through all the papers in there. Qualifications, various legal documents, identification...she had all she needed, and more. Ta-kun had even thoughtfully prepared the documentation for Yuuka as well, separated by a crimson divider within the envelope itself.

After ascertaining that all was in place, Ai stood up and inspected her surroundings with care. She had done it once over upon stepping in, but doublechecking hurt no one. Paranoia had kept her alive for long enough, and she wasn't about to relax her guard.

The thorough search produced nothing suspicious, so she sat down by a dozing Yuuka, already in a contemplative silence. Now it was all a matter of waiting for the inevitable.

That and, she would have to create a visible trail to establish the reality of her current identity. Sure, she didn't change her name, but her usual persona left no traces. The current "her" was another person altogether. And regular people had history.

"Time to get busy again..."

~*~*~

Eri was bored.

That was the truth, short and simple. She had people, servants really, who would leap to her every whim, but she could barely summon enough interest to actually order them around.

Then again, she was a bit of a homebody, so staying cooped up in her room like this was hardly uncomfortable for her. Rather welcome, actually. If only her father would stop trying to insist that she go out and make more friends, preferably of her own age.

Oh, Eri knew he cared. Kamei Otosuke was a busy man, managing a thriving business on top of the commitments to his previous position with the government. He had little time available for anything outside of work, but he always took time to make sure his precious daughter was safe and happy.

Although Eri really thought that the bodyguards were a bit over the top. She knew her father was obsessively concerned with her safety, but she could do without the constant surveillance. It made things so difficult while trying to talk to other people.

People. She had followers around on campus, attracted by her money and of course, her looks. Eri might not be overtly narcissistic, but she knew she looked good. There had been any number of decent guys who had tried to ask her out, but all their efforts had been thwarted.

For good reason. Eri knew her marriage plans had already been arranged by her father. He did not trust random boys with no background; no, he had to make sure that his son-in-law would be the perfect husband for his beloved daughter. Aka well off, reasonably attentive, decently attractive, and with no obvious bad habits.

In other words, boring. Eri felt that her future husband, whom she had only met once at an omiai, was a decent enough man as far as she could tell. However, the problem was that he had no distinguishing feature. He wasn't ugly, but he wasn't handsome. He was reasonably articulate, but had nothing to say behind his words. In short, as concluded above, boring.

Eri had no complaints about such an arrangement though. Boring equals safe, which meant that her future would be secure, as her father intended. She did wish that she could have at least one exciting experience before having to submit to the inevitable. Just once, something that would titillate her senses, make her feel alive, and not be a damn bird in a gilded cage.

Kami-sama, if you exist, please let me have one last adventure, free from Father's control...

An earnest prayer from a childish heart. Would it be answered?

Heaven knows.

=========================================

To Eri: Be careful of what you wish for. XD

And here's another chapter, kinda fillerish in a sense, but it fills up a few gaps in the story so far. The real thing will start soon, I swear!

Hope everyone enjoys this. ^_^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:59:07 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »
-dibbers- o-o

Oh snap! It all came together~! Aichan and Yuuka are tackling an assignment together, my my o___o;

And oh snap! It must be Eri's dad that Aichan's after! The other chapter mentioned that her next target was a family man who was paranoid, being a former spy/government agent O-O; So oh snap Eri.... Aichan... What are you planning? o___o. If the files say he really is paranoid AND the request was subtle, how in the world are you going to kill him? Let's hope Aichan doesn't get too close with Eri, she might not wanna kill her dad... Then again... this IS Evil!Aichan... So maybe she might even use Eri without any feelings whatsoever?

Ohhhhh myyyyyy o______o;
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:07:17 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2008, 12:24:21 AM »
Oh Eri Eri Eri, you're gonna get waaaaaaay more adventure than you ever dreamed of.

Can't wait.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2008, 12:33:40 AM »
Might be just a little fillerish but it had Eri in it~ so I'm satisfied.  The ending has me excited and I'm very interested in how Ai chan is going to establish her history.  She's such a good liar  :D

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2008, 01:10:33 AM »
Eri, Eri, Eri, be careful what you wish for... you might just be digging you and your dad a nice little hole...  Well, your dad a grave, but for you.. hmm.. ;)

Your thoughts oozes out into the stories; there's no hiding them from me!!  :twisted: My hunch about Eri being related to the next target seems to be correct. Now the question is how to kill a prominent businessman/former government spy subtly. I'm sure his death would cause a big ruckus among the media. The only definite is Eri will be involved because Ai is cruel and evil that way.  :twisted:

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2008, 01:26:54 AM »
Eri...you have no idea...

Oh snapples. I've been influenced after reading everyone else's posts. O.o Poor Eri's Dad. Now it's getting REALLY interesting...

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2008, 04:53:25 AM »
Terribly sorry for the late comment, even though I've been following on a regular basis. (There's no reason not to :D)

I like the variety you give in your stories...pirates, vampires, assassins...makes it all the more exciting. And above all, I like your style of writing. The language you use to describe the characters and their thoughts/feelings/emotions is happy-making. Every chapter makes my day :D

I like where this is going, and I'm excited and looking forward to seeing more plot development rolling in, woot! Let's see some more Takahashi in ACTION!

Also, there's not enough AiEri out there (seems like a challenge to get it to work, I guess?), so I must thank you for mixing that in. :heart:
Eri has no idea what she's in for.

I had this funny image of Ai's collection of girls going at each other's throats, none of them willing to share lol. Oh Ai, whowhat would you do?

"You have X choices: A) Ri--"
Ai: "E) All of the above."
"..Okay..."

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2008, 05:31:19 AM »
Here's another of my original hypothesis. Eri is caught sort of, in the middle of this attempt at her dad. He is a very important man as they say and it appears that he has more than a few enemies. He is busy with work as they say and thus prpobably never gets much time to himself. He appears to be a good man though it is obvious he has more than a few dark secrets. So my guess is that Ai was hired to take him out or produce a scandal that involves him by one of his enemies.

Eri is an easier target than her dad as she gets around and to make things better she is young and easy to manipulate. I believe Ai will use her to get closer to her dad and then pounce on him like a puma ^^. I think her plan is to bump into her some and catch her eye, then get her to like her enough and eventually trick her into letting her into the house. After winning her trust she will be able to pretty much come and go as is and then she will be inside and once there, she can take out the dude just like that. But I have a bad feeling Eri will fall for her. Maybe she is the one that will change Ai. And maybe after it happens she can convince her not to kill her dad... if there's still time that is.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.....
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
I'm back! Did anyone miss me?

Wait, it's only been a couple of days, how could anyone miss me. XD Whatever, enough of the small talk, comment replies as usual first!

Yuuyami: God knows what Aichan is planning...well, I do, but I'm not God so I'm not merciful...thereby meaning that I won't let you know. XD Ai has plans, and she won't let anything get in the way. Hehehehehe...

CrypticShadows8: Yes, she is. No I can't wait either...wait, I have to write it myself! Dang it. XD

Sukoshi: Sorry again about the fillerishness, but yeah, Eri FTW. XD Yesh Ai's an awesome liar, she was trained to be one. XD This chapter's kinda like one half of a bigger scene, but I decided to stop it where it was cos it felt right. You'll see why. =D

Fenrir: Sigh, there's no escape from someone as sharp as you. What will I doooooo? XD Yeah well, Eri's definitely involved whether she likes it or not. Is Ai cruel? Possibly. Evil? Maybe. She just wants to get the job done~ Haha.

SxY: Yup, poor Eri and her Dad. Still setting up for the events. I take forever to get to the point sometimes. Sigh.

rev2hd: Hey you! Missed seeing you around lol. I'm glad that my stories are interesting enough to make your day, it makes my day when my readers say that. <3333 Yeah AiEri takes some work because they're not immediately apparent the way other more "canon" pairings are. Lol. And ROFLMAO you really cracked me up with what you said, you did. Who will she do indeed...why, all of them sounds about right! Ehehehehe. XD

sweeety: Cool hypothesis. Not bad actually. Except you're still too optimistic about Ai. XD Then again, I want to be optimistic about her too, I like her a lot. I also like her being evil a lot But never mind that, just wait and see what happens! :D

Time for the usual gap for editing. XD Be right back!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2008, 06:21:03 PM »
File #09

The swirl of lights in the tinted liquid really was very pretty, Eri reflected as she stared into the delicate champagne flute she held in one hand. Unusual enough that she was holding an alcoholic beverage; she was, after all, underage.

Not that it mattered at such an event, as long as she didn't go overboard and start slugging drinks at quantities that would make people notice. Or worse, reporters at the event might notice and write about it...which would be bad for her father's image.

Which was why Eri was currently sequestered away in a tiny corner of the grand ballroom, studiously trying to avoid mingling with the assorted socialites. She didn't mind the small talk that much, but after the hideous ordeal of sitting through a 2 hour long awards ceremony, she wasn't sure if she was up to handling any more inane chatter.

That and she enjoyed hiding in corners in general, but never mind that.

Taking a tentative sip at the bubbly champagne, Eri looked around the room with bored eyes. It was all very glittery and bright and luxurious; typical of an upper-class gathering of the political and business elite.

A lesser person would have been awed. Kamei Eri shrugged it off as nothing; as one born to such a life, such sights were commonplace. As was caviar and champagne. It was anything that was not rich that was unusual at such a setting.

She hadn't seen it previously, but there it was, a few slightly shabbily dressed people compared to the usuals. Well, not all that shabby if they were on the streets mingling with regular people (rather impressive actually by regular standards), but rubbing shoulders with the rich was a whole another ball game altogether.

The camera bag slung across one shoulder proclaimed that at least the one that had caught her eye was a photographer, one of many at the event earlier. Journalists too were allowed at post-ceremony events like these, usually keeping to the banquet tables and talking among themselves.

Normally, she wouldn't have spared them a second glance. They were just part of the background, maybe a step or two higher than the furnishing, but they didn't really matter...unless one behaved badly enough for them to start writing unfavorable news, which was to be strenuously avoided at all costs.

Which sort of put these people at a level of regard below normal human beings for the elite, but they were tolerated if not accepted. Part and parcel of fame and fortune, so it was thought.

But what had kept her attention, longer than the single glance she would usually have spared the likes of them, was the fact that she had seen them before. Or rather, her.

A flash of memory, of proud, unyielding eyes. Eri shivered, and stared at the figure. What was the girl doing here? A photographer? Journalist? How very unusual, the impression she had gotten from her...

But yet it could be. The cold logic, the eye for observation... Not any ordinary person, this one. But a journalist? Eri had some trouble wrapping her mind around that fact.

Curious now, the turtle left its proverbial shell, discreetly meandering over for a closer look. Skillfully avoiding the clusters of gossiping wives and daughters who would have liked nothing better than to trap her in one of their conversations, Eri made her way closer to the corner by the banquet line where the journalistic types had discreetly commandeered for their own use.

"Kamei-san?" A tentative voice called from off to one side. Eri turned to see her prospective fiance standing a little awkwardly, staring at her like she was a goddess descended.

Eri could get used to that. It fed that little narcissistic piece of her soul, and kept her self esteem up nice and floaty. However, at the current moment she wasn't in any particular need of worship, and so viewed it as more of a mere distraction from her current objective, which was to...

...now where did that woman go to? Eri looked around, but her target had somehow slipped away from where she had last seen her. Feeling slightly deflated, Eri turned her attention back to one Kobayashi Keisuke, who was still waiting for her response.

"Was there something, Kobayashi-san?" She still didn't know him very well, so formalities were the way to go. She smiled at him, trying to make him feel a little better, since he seemed awfully nervous, but the act only got him even more jittery.

"Um, I was thinking, would you like to dance with me?" He didn't seem very much like the responsible 24 year old young man that had impressed her father well enough for him to approve the match. Eri wondered if he was really the heir to a large company...he hardly seemed the confident type, although reports of his business dealings were nothing short of stellar.

"I'll be glad to." She might as well humor him. It couldn't hurt to get to know her future husband a little better, and he really wasn't a terrible person or anything. She was about to reach for his hand when she remembered the glass she was still holding.

"Ah, hold on a moment, let me put this away first." Eri looked around, about to wave for one of the omnipresent waiters to take her glass, when the sudden appearance of one waiter almost directly behind her caused her to stumble, knocked off balance.

In the brief moment of confusion, she managed to lose her grip on her glass, and in her attempt to retrieve it, lost both the glass and what was left of her balance as well. Before she fell, all she managed to think of was how it was a waste of really good champagne...

A heartbeat later, she still hadn't made painful contact with the floor. Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was her glass being handed back to her in perfect condition, without a single drop spilled. Her own body was being kept upright by a firm arm around her waist, and she blinked in confusion, trying to process the identity of her savior.

Startled brown locked with clear pools of endless caramel. Reality lost all meaning in that single instant, sound became a distant actuality. She saw herself reflected endlessly in those depths, sucked into them by the unseen waters that went on forever in those clear brown eyes.

And then just as suddenly, it ended. Eri found herself upright and no longer teetering precariously, her drink once again in her hands, and her savior stepping back and relinquishing any hold on her. It was then that Eri realized who it was.

"You!"

===================================

Short chapter. But short chapters are good. Manageable. =D And easy to read. Haha.

Right-o. Now what will happen, I wonder. XD

Comment freely~
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:24:38 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2008, 06:34:30 PM »
File #08
"Ara, is that Takahashi-san? I haven't seen you around in almost 2 months. How was your assignment?"

Ai smiled at the matronly lady who greeted her as she halted at the lobby, an overnight bag in one hand and a black leather camera case slung over one shoulder.
Hmmmmm...so Aichan DOES have a place of her own, does she? By the sounds of it, she's away rather frequently, and the landlady is used to it.

Question, does she know what Aichan really does or does she think that she works as a photographer (due to the leather camera case Aichabn was carrying)?

Ai half turned and reached out from something...or rather, someone. "Come on Yuukarin, it's alright."

"Oh? Who is that?" The landlady squealed when she saw Yuuka hesitantly peek out from behind Ai. "How adorable! Is that..."

"My sister. She's been sick a lot, and was in the care of my mother." Ai explained briefly. Fuyutsuki nodded sympathetically. She had heard of Takahashi's unfortunate family situation, her parents having divorced and Takahashi separated from her mother at a young age.
Ah, cover story is nice and simple.

Landlady seeing Yuuka = :wriggly:

"My mother...passed away. I guess as her only living relative, the least I could do is to take care of my little sister."

She looked at Ai, who was discreetly dabbing at her eyes.
Oh, VERY slick there, Aichan. :lol:

"I didn't know you had an apartment here, Oneesama!" Yuuka looked around the sparsely furnished space that had the bare essentials and nothing else.

Ai grinned. "Doesn't hurt to be prepared for eventualities. I have several places in Tokyo, helps when I need a place to go to." She put down her things, unpacking quickly.
Being prepared is definitely a good thing.  Makes one wonder if Takeda is aware of all the places Aichan has.

"Are you feeling alright though? That drug..." Indeed, Yuuka looked paler than usual, a sunken look in her eyes despite the bright spark lingering in the depths. Her small hands twitched spasmodically, barely visible but certainly there without a doubt.

In short, she looked exactly the part of an ill person, not without some help though. Ai had sought the help from a very reliable source to fake the physical appearance of illness in Yuuka. She had had to pay through her nose to have it on such short notice, but haste had been necessary.
Had me worried there for a sec that Yuuka was genuinely ill. Aichan's really serious about maintaining their cover.  :O

Ai went back to work mode, checking her email on her cellphone and reading the latest message.

Done.

Takeda

P.S. Take care of Yuuka, or else!
Done? What did she need Takeda to do? :?

Eri was bored.

That was the truth, short and simple. She had people, servants really, who would leap to her every whim, but she could barely summon enough interest to actually order them around.
Ah, no wonder that first meeting with Aichan (and the way that Aichan acted towards her) sparked her interest/curiosity.  She's used to constantly having a bunch of "yes people" around her.

Eri knew her marriage plans had already been arranged by her father. He did not trust random boys with no background; no, he had to make sure that his son-in-law would be the perfect husband for his beloved daughter. Aka well off, reasonably attentive, decently attractive, and with no obvious bad habits.
Hmmm...and Eri's okay/resigned herself to this?
:dunno:

Eri felt that her future husband, whom she had only met once at an omiai, was a decent enough man as far as she could tell. However, the problem was that he had no distinguishing feature. He wasn't ugly, but he wasn't handsome. He was reasonably articulate, but had nothing to say behind his words. In short, as concluded above, boring.

Eri had no complaints about such an arrangement though. Boring equals safe, which meant that her future would be secure, as her father intended. She did wish that she could have at least one exciting experience before having to submit to the inevitable. Just once, something that would titillate her senses, make her feel alive, and not be a damn bird in a gilded cage.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh... :mon duh:

Kami-sama, if you exist, please let me have one last adventure, free from Father's control...

An earnest prayer from a childish heart. Would it be answered?

Heaven knows.
More like Aichan knows. :yep:

EDIT: OSNAP! NEW CHAPTER! :rockon:

File #09
The swirl of lights in the tinted liquid really was very pretty, Eri reflected as she stared into the delicate champagne flute she held in one hand. Unusual enough that she was holding an alcoholic beverage; she was, after all, underage.

Not that it mattered at such an event, as long as she didn't go overboard and start slugging drinks at quantities that would make people notice. Or worse, reporters at the event might notice and write about it...which would be bad for her father's image.

Which was why Eri was currently sequestered away in a tiny corner of the grand ballroom, studiously trying to avoid mingling with the assorted socialites. She didn't mind the small talk that much, but after the hideous ordeal of sitting through a 2 hour long awards ceremony, she wasn't sure if she was up to handling any more inane chatter.
Some type of "official" function that Eri got dragged to?

But what had kept her attention, longer than the single glance she would usually have spared the likes of them, was the fact that she had seen them before. Or rather, her.

A flash of memory, of proud, unyielding eyes. Eri shivered, and stared at the figure. What was the girl doing here? A photographer? Journalist? How very unusual, the impression she had gotten from her...
My, my, my...what a coincidence.   :D :roll:

"Kamei-san?" A tentative voice called from off to one side. Eri turned to see her prospective fiance standing a little awkwardly, staring at her like she was a goddess descended.

Eri looked around, but her target had somehow slipped away from where she had last seen her. Feeling slightly deflated, Eri turned her attention back to one Kobayashi Keisuke
Ah, so this is the guy she's been arranged to marry. Poor bastard doesn't realize that he doesn't really interest her.  :-X

In the brief moment of confusion, she managed to lose her grip on her glass, and in her attempt to retrieve it, lost both the glass and what was left of her balance as well. Before she fell, all she managed to think of was how it was a waste of really good champagne...
:rofl:

A heartbeat later, she still hadn't made painful contact with the floor. Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was her glass being handed back to her in perfect condition, without a single drop spilled. Her own body was being kept upright by a firm arm around her waist, and she blinked in confusion, trying to process the identity of her savior.
Five bucks say it isn't the fiancee. ;D

And then just as suddenly, it ended. Eri found herself upright and no longer teetering precariously, her drink once again in her hands, and her savior stepping back and relinquishing any hold on her. It was then that Eri realized who it was.

"You!"
How fortunate for Eri that she happens to see "that person" again JUST as she HAPPENS to slip and lose her balance.  O0
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:50:27 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [File #09]
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »
That and she enjoyed hiding in corners in general, but never mind that.

:lol:

Ah, another great chapter.  Good insight onto Eri's thought process... Heehee... THAT person just HAPPENS to come when she falls.  :mon misch:

And about your long intros/getting started... I actually think I like it. :D Gives me a feel for the characters, and it gives me a great idea about the setting and such... <3 Can't wait for #10.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:24 PM »
You and your smooth moves Ai-chan.  :cool1: Posing as the hero, savior, person of her dreams, and then WHAM! 180 degree turn, Eri will be a goner.

I see it going something like this: seduce, make out, have Eri wrapped around her finger, and then go in for the kill.

Curious now, the turtle left its proverbial shell, discreetly meandering over for a closer look.

That's our turtle for ya.

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2008, 09:21:15 PM »
Ahhh~ Short one. Yay. My poor eyes are saved for now. xD

Awww! AiEri <3
Very cliche but still <3

Too bad Eri's just part of Ai's target...

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »

DUM DUM DUUUM and you break it at the cliff hanger

File #09
Eri could get used to that. It fed that little narcissistic piece of her soul, and kept her self esteem up nice and floaty. However, at the current moment she wasn't in any particular need of worship, and so viewed it as more of a mere distraction from her current objective, which was to...

*can relate to that*

Liking this chapter <3 ... I see what you meant by having to "cut it at that point". Can't wait for the next part.

VIVA LA AI/ERI!

The suspense is killing me XD
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2008, 03:40:24 AM »
Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was her glass being handed back to her in perfect condition, without a single drop spilled. Her own body was being kept upright by a firm arm around her waist, and she blinked in confusion, trying to process the identity of her savior.

Startled brown locked with clear pools of endless caramel. Reality lost all meaning in that single instant, sound became a distant actuality. She saw herself reflected endlessly in those depths, sucked into them by the unseen waters that went on forever in those clear brown eyes.

*Swoon* This reminds me of something I saw on TV when I was younger (like over 10 years ago), the catching the glass part. It was sweet. And now I'll have Ai superimposed into that mental image forever. Makes it all the better :D

I don't suppose Ai could accidentally kill this fiance while she's on her job, could she? Double kill? Two birds with one bullet stone? Or is it three because she gets +1 Eri.

Naw, Ai's too pro for that kind of thing. Or is Eri going to be too tempting? :O
Can't wait for the next chapter!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:13:40 AM by rev2hd »

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2008, 04:21:24 AM »
Ah, the Takahashi brainwashing continues.  Ai chan certainly made an impression on Eri the first time and this time it's down right unforgettable.  The stage was so perfectly set for Ai chan's save...I wonder if more agents/hired people are in play here.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2008, 06:18:09 AM »
File 8:
So Ai has apartments all around the city so she has places to stay no matter where she is. Obviously genius. It's cute that she's really taking care of Yuuka-chan. Whoa, so she doesn't change her name at all? That's interesting. Poor Eri, being rich is generally not all it's cracked up to be. Or at least that's my view on it. B/C there is always that one person in rich families that doesn't seem to fit in. The black sheep, if you will. I hope she finds happiness soon. (Read: gets to know Ai-chan)

File 9:
Eri getting dragged around again. But you know, she really does have the "rich daughter" aura. Not a bad thing, just an observation. Like if she really is rich, I could see it. I like that, it's hot. :lol: KNEW IT. Ai-chan has to kill someone in the Kamei family. Or the fiance, like sweeety said. Hell, as long as it's NOT Eri, it's fine. Sapphire to the rescue? :P

And for the record, us Gaki fans don't want her to get hurt or anything like that, we just want her in the story. :lol: Selfish, I know. :grin: Yes, I am quite one-track TakaGaki.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Isolations