JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Between the Lips (50cm)

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238595 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #940 on: February 05, 2015, 04:35:28 AM »
man, I need to get off my ass.
I only finished off Kurofuku, Jigoku Sensei and Doc X from last season.
Haven't watched anything from this season yet. :nervous Well, there's Majisuka Gakuen 4 of course. :rock:

Instead, I finished off Piece (Nakayama Yuma, Honda Tsubasa). That story sure ended up pretty weird.

Maybe I'll catch up on the winter dramas this weekend. I'll get to watch a few eps straight through. instead of waiting. :)

@ redrick9
Check out Nobunaga Concerto if you haven't yet. :thumbup Darn, I so want to watch the rest of it. Decided, that's what I'll do tonight! :D

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #941 on: February 09, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »
Done with Nobunaga Concerto. :heart: Damn, they're continuing it with a movie.... in December.... :banghead:
Also speed watched First Class 2 for no reason.

2015 Winter catchup.

Must-watch:
Majisuka Gakuen 4 ep01-04 - Back to the school setting. Back to the same story. Thank god! Loving it. :heart:

Date ep01 - An unemployed literature hermit guy and an "everything needs to be checked and in order" "numbers" girl getting together from an online dating service. Its crazy funny.

Ouroboros ep01-02 - Two orphan boys growing up, one becoming a police detective and the other becoming a high-ranking yakuza, swearing to take revenge on their teacher's murder. Classic theme.

Gakkou no Kaidan ep01 - Innocent highschool girl getting pushed to become the president of the student council, and bullied to hell by the elite rich gang. Then getting help from a mysterious man that teaches her to use words to fight back. Another classic drama theme. I like how Satoshi's answer is to "Destroy Everything!". This should have a meme. Getting bullied? "Destroy Everything!". Missed the bus? "Destroy Everything!". Happy Meal toys all sold out? "Destroy Everything!" :lol:

good:
Hana Moyu ep01-02 - The next taiga drama after Gunshi Kanbei. Unlike the past few, there aren't wars and stuff in this one. So -1 for manliness. It seems more focused on a revolution of literature during that period.
update: Oh wait. Perry and the black ship. So its pretty much the same period as Ryomaden and Yae no Sakura. And will probably touch on some of the same topics in history.

Marumaru Tsuma ep01 - Basically Kaseifu no Mita without the kids.

Zannen na Otto ep01 - Perfect couple that have a new baby, which causes drastic changes to them and their lifestyle. Lotsa comedy. :heart:

Average:
Ryusei Wagon ep01 - A family salaryman pretty much has the worst day of his life. Dies (maybe). Then rides a ghost car to important moments in his past. Where his father surprisingly appears (looking much younger for unknown reasons). He and his father then try to change things for the better together, hoping this is a chance given to him to fix his life. It has great drama, just a little too much sadness. Like I said, I feel like watching more simple and fun stuff this season. Like yankee schoolgirls beating each other up.

Zeni no Sensou ep01 - A successful businessman losing everything in his life, swearing he'll get revenge by getting it back with money. Kusanagi's acting was so awful in this it pretty much destroys the show. I'm gonna watch one more ep and if it ain't any good I'll just skip it.

For remaining stuff.
Masshiro - Horikita Maki as a nurse that gets bullied. Sounds good!
DOCTORS 3 - Watched season 1 and 2 and liked both. So I'll definitely catch this.
Ghost Writer - Theme sounds serious. But I want to catch a few episodes anyways cos it has Mizukawa Asami.
Second Love, Utsukushiki Wana, Oniichan, gacha and Mondai no Aru Restaurant I'll probably just skip.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:32:26 PM by winner »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #942 on: April 02, 2015, 07:05:41 AM »
Did a quick watch. Subete ga F nya Naru.

Not sure why I didn't watch it when it aired. I pretty much eat Takei Emi stuff for breakfast. :lol:
A bunch of 2ep-long cases. Each involving a different version of a "locked room" murder. Soooo.... Kindaichi without the school kids. :P

Hayami Akari's 'antagonyast' character pretty much steals the show. As the show progresses and the m0ore you get to know her, the m0ore crazy it gets.
Magata Shiki. A child computer programming genyaus, with intelligence considered close to the level of god, accused of murdering her parents when she was 14, judged innocent due to a mental disorder, then locked into a high-tech govt lab room that has been her prison for 15 years.

spoiler (last ep):
The way she got out was already super-crazy. But the face-off between Magata and nyashinosono at the end is a real mindfuck
Where Magata makes nyashinosono question if she is any different from Magata.
nyashinosono unsure if she is still sane. If everyone and everypurr she knows up to now was made up in her mind, to escape from the shock of seeing her parents die.
And even questions if she is actually still alive, or in some kind of limbo after committing suicide from the shock.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #943 on: April 02, 2015, 07:19:11 AM »
spoiler (last ep):
Or I could just add a pic that describes the whole scene! sometimes pics are just better than a 1000 words.  :)

Offline unmeiboy

• ecchi
« Reply #944 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:22 AM »
This season I'm watching Algernon ni hanataba wo, Tenshi to akuma and Do S deka. Only one episode aired but so far I like all of them!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #945 on: May 02, 2015, 03:11:48 AM »
Only checked out one show this season :P

Tenshi to Akuma ep01-02 - Cop girl gets transferred to the unsolved cases department (doing filing work), then partners with a lawyer to solve them.
Its pretty boring. Since it doesn't have anything extra. No special powers, no revenge backstory, and neither of the characters feel interesting. I'll probably watch one more episode and skip it if I still don't like it.

finishing off old dramas.

Marumaru Tsuma - It loses a bit of steam by the end. Maybe cos they gave away her secret so early.

Masshiro - More light-hearted then I originally thought. Workplace relations of nurses, but totally the opposite theme of First Class. :P Nurse dress is cute. :)
And its nice to see Takanashi Rin again. She's probably one of the only super sentai girls other than Kinoshita Ayumi that's successfully gone onto acting.

Zannen na Otto - Covering a lot of real-life problems, while staying light-hearted and enjoyable. great watch.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #946 on: May 03, 2015, 07:28:06 PM »
2015 Spring.  :)

Must-watch:

Tenno no Ryoriban ep01 - Story of a country guy with a stubborn attitude for things that catch his interest. Goes to Tokyo to study cooking western dishes. And his road to becoming the chef for the Emperor of Japan.
Yummy food scenes. :)

I'm Home ep01 - An elite workaholic is injured in a factory explosion and loses his memory. Recovering back to his former lifestyle turns out hard. Transferred to the 'trash' department of his company. Problems with his old divorced family. Basically having strangers as his new family, seeing white masks on their faces whenever he looks at them. Losing his short-term memory doesn't help much either.
Normal yet weird. nice watch.

Yamegoku ep01 - Yuko with shaggy hair, a food fetish, working in a secret police department, a yakuza cop guy, unnecessary slo-mo scenes. They should just get her to rip paper and call this SPEC 2! :D
Crazy. Cool. So interesting. Too bad I can only find 1 episode.

Algernon ni Hanataba o ep01-02 - Mentally challenged Yama-p chara, with the intelligence of a 6yo. Becoming a test subject of a breakthrough medicine to make him become smarter. Itsonly been used successfully on a mouse though.
If you were not emotionally touched in any of the scenes in the first episode, you are a log of wood.

good:
Tatakau Shoten Girl ep01 - Newcomer bookstore girl with ideas to sell books better, but totally clashes with the store rules. Her rash actions then causes fighting between her and the store's vice-manager.
Mayuyu! :heart:

Dr. Rintaro ep01 - A psychiatrist that uses surprising but effective ways to help people.
Great cast!

Yami no Banzosha ep01-02 - The story in an old set of manga sketches that was only recently discovered. Unfolds into a related old unsolved missing cases murder. An ex-police detective and an experienced manga expert then try to solve the case using the clues in the sketches, and preventing another new murder that is currently being planned.
The story is a little dark. But really interesting. Some nice pop-facts in the making of manga, and the manga industry.

doS Deka ep01 - Sadistic girl cop.
Fun! :D

ok:
Renai Jidai ep01 - Divorced couple, finding new partners for each other. While still having feelings and hoping to get back together.
Sweet sweet romanc-y stuff "they're getting back toge... oh, no they're not... or maybe they are..." Scenes like that x300.

Ishitachi no Renaijijou ep01 - Hospital drama. Doctors in love, but not in love, but want to be in love, but cannot be in love, but still love. Pretty much that.
Innocent sexy touch here and there every so often. This show is soooo... aimed at women. :lol:

Youkoso Wagayae ep01 - Family that suddenly continues to get attacked and their home vandalized for unknown reasons.
Its alright. But there have been so many of these "spook you out" "family matters" dramas, I'm getting a little tired of them.

Tenshi to Akuma ep01-03 - i still find kinda meh.

skipping:
REPLAY & DESTROY ep01 - Candid-like stories of a bunch of guys and a girl with a sharehouse.
It has Takayuki Yamada in it. A surefire rating for weirdness. Kinda 'Friends' meets 'stupid youtube clips' vibe. Too out there for me. :P

64 Rokuyon ep01 - Some kidnapping case thing.
Slow, boring, tiring. Honestly I only checked it cos Iriyama Anna was in it. And since she isn't in it much, I can totally skip it now.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #947 on: May 04, 2015, 06:11:57 PM »
Watching two dramas ATM

One classic and one currently airing series.

Great Teacher Onizuka with Takashi Sorimachi and Nanako Matsushima.
Fantastic series- and bonus is the real sparks between the two leads,
Who are now married with two daughters.

Also watching Tatakau! Shoten Girl, Mayu Waranabe's series,
currently at the 4th episode.... Mayu is a pro, and so far very interesting watch.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:18:37 PM by muppet »

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #948 on: May 07, 2015, 03:57:31 AM »
About to start on this older asadora drama from 2005 called Fight....

.... as far as current ones go am going to watch about five of them but waiting for them to get closer to being finished except for this one, SHE,  which I've started and is fairly good but wish the episodes were longer than 20 minutes....

.... recently wrapped up two of them, this one I would give a 8.5/10, another five episode drama from earlier this year called Genkai Shuraku Kabushikigaisha....

.... and would give MG4 a rating of an 8/10.

Offline dankller

« Reply #949 on: May 09, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
momeyman

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #950 on: July 19, 2015, 05:31:44 AM »
2015 Summer early impressions.

must-watch:
Death Note ep01-02 - OMG! Its F'ing Death Note!!! :tama-laff: NomNomNom...
Yeah. Story is the same. L is kinda just a cheeky dood... And Light isn't as cool... And Sano Hinako, hot as she may be, is definitely not friggin awesome Toda "MisaMisa☆" Erika.
BUT ITS DEATH NOTE! Give it a try! You know you want to. :)

Koinaka ep nothing - Yeah. It ain't even on yet! hahaha~
A summer highschool teen romance story with Honda Tsubasa AND Fukushi Sota. They'll like have to try really hard to make me not love this! :lol:

Risk no Kamisama ep01-02 - A special department of an umbrella corporation, which reacts to "company emergencies 'n threats".
"Hanzawa Naoki/Roosevelt Game" feels all over it. Buncha scheming old men in suits. Battle to get the troublemaker who doesn't feel sorry at all for their selfish actions, to cry like a baby and admit defeat.
Hey. Here's Toda Erika! :)

Tantei no Tantei ep01-02 - Sasaki Rena (Kitagawa Keiko) finds her younger sister murdered by a stalker, who then kills himself straight afterwards, even after their family and police tried hiding her from him.
She later finds out the stalker hired a private detective to find her sister's location. She then joins a detective agency, and after a few years becomes an "anti-detective" detective, hoping to find the detective who led the stalker to her sister's death.
Action, suspense, plus a backstory with twists. And seeing Keiko's character handle all those threats (like a brawl with a guy planning a trap to drop her, or a car crash meant to murder her) then continuing work like they were just mosquito bites. :bow:

good:

Hatsumori Bemars ep01 - Schoolgirls forming a new baseball team to save their local park from being razed.
Yeah. I'm watching it only cos of Nogizaka46 too. Zukkyun!~ :heart:

Age Harrassment ep01-02 - Takei Emi. Newcomer to a big company. Young, pretty and motivated to show that she will work hard. Joins general affairs department which handles menial tasks like pouring tea all day, cleaning toilets, etc... becomes used more and more just for her looks by the men of the company, while causing her female colleagues to become jealous and threatened. It all leads to a lot of misunderstandings and tension in the workplace.
"Awful Joke" guy is pretty funny, I think everyone wants to punch his face. :) A bad point is the other main character. Inamori Izumi who acts as Emi's Manager. She was typecast the exact same type of character in Tatakau! Shoten Girl. I think she can do so much more, its a total waste.
Still, the types of different workplace harassment get played on all the characters, making it pretty interesting.

ok:

Yokokuhan THE PAIN ep01 - mini-drama, from the movie, from the manga. A guy who puts on a newspaper mask. Goes online and informs the public of crimes that were not correctly punished by law, then letting the viewers judge. And if voted guilty, expose the criminal to everyone. A group which believes in this way of justice joins together to do the same.
Nice theme. But its a little too slow and boring for me.
Damn, Toda Erika is in a little of this too becoz of the movie... I was so going to skip it... :P

skip:

Hotel Concierge ep01-02 - Nishiuchi Mariya as a Concierge on her first day. Learning the ropes, has a lot of heart, and fails a lot. Next to Miura Shohei who collectively handles everything like a pro, while letting her fail. Yeah. Seen a hundred of these shows. Not much of a hook.
And I think Shohei does cool/joking characters great, but not so much for cool-headed ones.

Dokonjyo Gaeru ep01 - Talking anime frog on a shirt. Acchan is in it. This is me watching it --> :banghead:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #951 on: August 23, 2015, 05:20:10 PM »
There's going to be a few other current airing dramas which will be watched but just waiting for them to wrap up their seasons but have watched all the episodes so far for:

Hatsumori Bemars which has been okay but has slipped a tad, just way too predictable. :sweatdrop:

Koinaka has been fine and to be honest much better than I expected. :shocked:

An oldie from 2008 but have finally gotten around to viewing it for the first time, Puzzle, through three episodes it's been passable. :yawn:

Been a while since the last watch so once again viewing this, what more can you say about SPEC? 8)

Planning on starting this today which is the second season of Zoku: Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi, first season from 2012 is one of my top dramas ever. :O

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #952 on: November 04, 2015, 05:09:49 PM »
Fall season seems to be much better then the Summer one, "Koinaka" ended up being one of the worst dramas ever. :bleed eyes:
Wish it was a bit more serious but so far "Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku" has been an enjoyable watch through four episodes.

"Angle Heart" though has really been one serious series through two episodes.

"Siren" has been okay with the potential to be quite good, about to watch the third episode later.

And one oldie from early 2013, actually my fourth re-watch of "Shoten In Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi".

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #953 on: November 05, 2015, 06:11:20 AM »
Yeah. I thought Koinaka was going to be some fun teen summer break drama.
Instead they graduated in the first episode and it just turned into a sad snail love romp. so disappointed. Still haven't finished it... :banghead:

Not checked this season yet. :lol:
Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku I wanted to watch. Maybe start it today. :)

Angel Heart I'm catching cos it was one of the only manga I actually bought a few issues of.
The episode about how Ryo turned into City Hunter was especially nice. I watched the anime of City Hunter, but didn't really know the backstory that much. Like why clients needed to write XYZ on the board in the anime, so that little bit was interesting.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #954 on: November 10, 2015, 03:34:03 PM »
catching up on fall. :)

must-watch:
Okitegami Kyoko no Bibouroku ep01-05 - Cute ditsy Aragaki Yui, Cute unlucky guy Okada Masaki.
Genius detective Okitegami Kyoko has her memory reset whenever she goes to sleep. Literally giving her only one day to solve cases. Great fun watch. :heart:

Asa Ga Kita ep01-30 - Morning drama. Japan's changes during the Meiji period, seen through the eyes of two sisters Asa and Hatsu. With Hatsu being the perfect well-behaving girl. And the younger Asa being the hyperactive troublemaker of the family, who keeps asking why about everything.
Asa's straightforward character saves the family she gets married to, and leads to her going into various businesses. While Hatsu's marries into a strict family that pressures her more and more, yet she tries to persevere with them even in the worst of times. Both hoping to do what they can to defend their family. Really heartwarming stuff.

good:
Isan Souzoku ep01-03 - A seemingly innocent young doctor marrying into a rich family built on a funeral planning business. The family members then all take actions against him and fight over the still-living grandpa's inheritance and will.

Samurai Sensei ep01-03 - A samurai Takechi Hanpeita travelling 150 years forward in time to present day. Kamiki Ryunosuke's Sakamoto Ryoma is pretty funny. :P

Angel Heart ep01-04 - Just like the manga, it isn't as entertaining as City Hunter. CH's stories are normally really simple (save the client, get tricked, beat the bad guy, lose the girl), while AH has a lot more slow drama.
But like I said before, it does have some nice bits from the original story. And I liked the origin episode.

Itsuka Tiffany de Choushoku wo ep01-05 - Another comic adaption. Girls and food. genius. :)

ok:
Shitamachi Rocket ep01-03 - Another "Hanzawa Naoki" wannabe. The story is good, but this style of telling it is starting to get stale. Its a little more light-hearted though.

5-9 Watashi ni Koi Shita Ikemen Sugiru Obousan ep01-03 - Romance/Comedy. Creepy temple priest stalker/kidnapper Yama-P.
Takanashi Rin's BL girl is so nice. should've just given her chara her own drama. :D

Prison School ep01-02 - Since I cannot put it in a better way. This is what I commented before on the anime "lewd, dirty, disgraceful, rude and obnoxious. Everything the 15yo boy in me wants to watch." :lol:

Siren ep01 - Detective drama, but unlike Okitegami Kyoko this one is way more thriller/mind games. Cold killer Kara trying to befriend detective Yuki before following out her plan, whatever it is. While Yuki's partner and love Shinobu begins to get suspicious of her.

skipping:
Seishun Tantei Haruya ep01-02 - Shinkawa Yua's character repeatedly getting stalked and kidnapped. Super Mario College student Tamamori Yuta with his detective skills saves her while trying to solve cases.
Fell asleep twice watching the first episode. I tried. :roll:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #955 on: December 30, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »
Angel Heart ep05. I knew I recognized Pai Lan from somewhere...

Maeda Aki! The main girl Noriko in Battle Royale! :D

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #956 on: February 07, 2016, 04:35:31 PM »
2016 Winter stuff first impressions. :)

must-watch:
Sanadamaru ep01-02 - The new Taiga drama with Sakai Masato acting the life of Sanada Yukimura. I'm probably gonna follow it like all the past ones.
His father in the story, Sanada Masayuki, surprisingly had a lot of funny parts.

good:
Itsuka Kono Koi wo Omoidashite Kitto Naite Shimau ep01 - It hit all the points a classic romance drama should have. I'm curious how the story and both characters will turn out.

Otousan to Yobasete ep01 - A comedy drama about a 51yo man and 23yo girl falling in love, trying to get her 51yo dad's permission to get married. Yeah, I'm totally using the laughs from this to balance all the sad emotions from watching Itsu Koi (above). :P

Higanbana ep01 - An all-female main cast detective drama. 1st episode was pretty solid.
Horikita Maki's character has the special power of channeling the crime area, to hear the sounds during the actual crime. Yeah, they must be running out of super powers to give main characters for solving crimes.

ok:
Himura Hideo no Suiri ep01 - Another detective drama? But with professors doing the cops work? So it's Galileo? Whatever, I already have Lucifer filling the "smart-ass guy solving murders" spot. The story does get dark in some moments.

FRAGILE ep01 - Hospital drama.The end.
OK. In this one the doctor never sees the patient. That's kinda diffferent... Takei Emi doing the trainee doctor role... again...
Hey! Matsui Rena is in it! :heart:

Kaitou Yamaneko ep01 - Really great main cast. Too weird for me though. :roll:

skipping:
Underwear ep01 - New girl working at a 'personally tailor-made' underwear shop. Kryptonite for men.
My limit watching Kiritani Mirei doing "Wow" expressions looking at underwear/ppl wearing underwear/underwear fabric = 1 episode.

Watashi o Hanasanaide ep01-02 - A private kids boarding school with a secret for it existing. Way too slow/boring.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #957 on: February 14, 2016, 08:45:04 PM »
http://www.ntv.co.jp/drama-deathnote/

Never read the manga, watched the anime or
any of the previous live versions-

I am enjoying this series, the actors playing
Yagami Light (Masataka Kubota) and L (Kento Yamazaki)
have been doing a good job, especially in their scenes together.

Big shout out for both Mio Yuki as Near and
Hinako Sano as Misa Misa- they both get my attention
In their interpretation of their roles...

And special notice to Jiro Sato, who always
brings it to any role- just ask Rena Matsui!

L, Light, Near
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:53:08 PM by muppet »

Offline Oshi~

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 48 & 46 Group ❤ SCANDAL
« Reply #958 on: February 17, 2016, 01:45:51 PM »
Ikemen desu ne~ for the sole reason of seeing ikemens lol <3
Kami Oshi: ニャンニャン(*≧∀≦*)

Offline Devil10055

« Reply #959 on: February 27, 2016, 01:04:16 PM »
Fashionking

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Between the Lips (50cm)