JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Flow

Author Topic: [TV] mu-Jack @ KTV (feat. Takahashi Minami)  (Read 9994 times)

Offline nikorai

[TV] mu-Jack @ KTV (feat. Takahashi Minami)
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »
Hello. It's Nick. I’m opening a new thread. I hope it’s OK. I checked the list of threads and found  a lot of TV shows but there’s nothing about a show called Mujack. It’s aired every Friday on Kansai TV.
http://www.ktv.jp/mujack

It features Takamina as MC and it looks like a talk show to me and the guests are famous people from show-business. Honestly I have to say that due to constant lack of time I couldn’t check it until recently. But last week there was an episode about Morning Musume and I decided to translat it. Well, it’s not word-for-wors but I’ve come up with an (overly) extended summary. And why Morning Musume, you might ask? I’ve been asking myself the same question. In fact, as a fan of AKB I didn’t pay attention to other groups even as famous as MM until I went to AKB concert in Moscow last month. There were a lot of H!P fans, they discussed it happily. I couldn’t join their talk and I felt I might be missing something important. Quite conveniently last week there was a TV program about them. It’s done in a way that it’s understandable even by those who (like me) see Morning Musume for the first time.

Now that I check the back-number at the site I can see that there were episodes featuring AKB members as guests. I think I should also watch the episode about Watarirouka and their first LP which I actually have in my possession. All in all, the program looks very interesting to me.

Offline nikorai

Re: [TV] mu-Jack @ KTV (feat. Takahashi Minami)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:45:01 PM »
The new episode is coming pretty soon but this time we're watching the episode from last week. It aired on Dec, 10, 2010. Sorry for being late with translation. I was busy translating the Sankaku (into Russian) for the whole week. Though the script for the movie is still quite messy.

Anyways let’s get back to the topic.
The tape is here, available by http for your convenience.
http://jpop.com/dl/89859107/1724c45/Mujack20282010-12-1029.avi.html

(Takamina) *in a sugary tone* Good evening, everyone. Your MC is Takahashi Minami. This time our guests are right behind that door. Let’s take a look at them.

- Forgive my intrusion.

Who we see! It’s Morning Musume!

(TL NOTE. Takamina starts a running frenzy around the dressing room and it’s hard to catch focus here)

(Takamina) Today you’re all in different costumes…
(momusu) That’s our civilian clothes.

Is that so?

Reina is a Snow White.

Takamina identifies her as “kawaii”.

Takahashi-san’s wearing a hat with the word “BUSU” (ugly) written on it.

We’re starting!

(TL NOTE. I see Morning Musume for the second time in my life. The first time I saw them was in an episode of MUSIC JAPAN quite a while ago).
Now I hope I don’t mix anything up. From left to right. Ai-chan, Reina, Aika (weird face expression), Sayu, Eri (allergic), Risa (awesome hairstyle), Rin-Rin (with a hairband) and Jun-Jun.

By the way, this program is perhaps the last chance to see them together. And another is their graduation concert in Yokohama (it looks like half of Japan was there).

-
Now we’re in the studio. You have a spoiler for names here.

The next portion is the essence of Momusu. “Everything about the group in 30 seconds”

“The group was created in 1998.
Their singles hit the top on a regular basis.
They were the pioneers of the idol movement.

Takamina declares her love for Morning Musume. The second MC (Hiroto) is trying to get away from the studio to leave the girls alone so that they could start their ‘girls’ talk’. But he’s asked to come back.

Rin-Rin is speaking about Takahashi.

The leader is supposed to be Takahashi. *laugh*

So both mlles Takahashi are acknowledged as the leaders of their groups.

(Minami) They are my sempais but I still want to ask them tons of questions.

(Hiroto) It’s not a problem. Let’s make it Double-Takahashi (TL NOTE. W-Takahashi. Making allusions on Rena and Jurina).

The first question is from Takahashi to Takahashi.
- What do you absolutely do before the concert?
- We make a circle, put our hands together and shout “Let’s go!”

(Takamina) Oh, I’d love to see you doing this.

And our team A has another  cheering chant – “carefully, correctly do what you must. Yes’sir!”

The next question is from Takahashi to Takahashi.

“What is your dream?”

I want to make a solo debut. (TL Note. She has a solo in A6 but apparently she wants to be like Mano-san, or maybe even be an independent singer?)

The next question is from Takamina to Ai-chan (TL NOTE. OK, let’s make things easier and use the nicknames).

“What do you take as a principle?”

- Well, we always make a Christmas party. An important ritual is to exchange gifts.

(Takamina) That’s great.
Speaking of us, there are a lot of people in AKB so we celebrate birthdays in small groups. Because otherwise things can get complicated. Imagine that over 40 people pay a visit to someone’s home…

(a bite from Sayumi) Look at her! She asks a question and then answers it herself!

A question from Ai-chan to Takamina.
“Tell me about the burdens of a leader”

(AKB) I may be repeating myself but it’s now the 10th season and we have 2-3 new people every year. But as a leader I absolutely have to remember all the names.

(MC) And then, what about Ai-chan? What difficulties do you face?

(Takahashi-san) Er, it’s more like I cause trouble to people who have to deal with me rather than people cause me trouble.

A question from Takamina.
“Can you tell me, Do you have bad habits or any obsessiveness?”

(Ai-chan) Bad habits?
Well, it’s perhaps our manner of speaking. We all speak alike.

(Jun-Jun) Yeah, we all talk some gibberish.
*gets hit on the head by Eri*

- Well, we have some set phrases for concerts. For example, “gentlemen in the orchestra, how are things?”

Or when we introduce ourselves. For example, we say, “It was Takahashi Ai”. And so on. We all say absolutely the same phrase. We even don’t notice it but people who come to our concerts later point out that we all say similar phrases.

Now Takamina is asked the same question about the rituals.

(Takamina) Say, the one invented by Akimoto-P. “Unrequited love is allowed, mutual one is banned”.

(MC) How are things with love relations in Morning Musume?

*Ai-san crosses her arms*
We call it “strictly prohibited”.

(TL NOTE those yellow police lines make me go watch Galaxy Angelrune over again)

Ai-san says there shouldn’t be any feelings, it doesn’t matter if they are one-sided or mutual.

(MC) Then how about the fans? What should they do?

Reina asks another question. Takamina’s listening attentively, her jaw dropped.

(Reina) “Miss Takamina, we were watching TV and we couldn’t help noticing that in AKB everyone wears very short skirts but yours is long”.

*Takamina goes into a ROFL mode*

(Reina) Don’t get me wrong. Maybe it’s the latest fashion.
Or is it a habit?

Why is everyone in mini-skirts and you are not?

(Takamina) Honestly, we all have the skirts of the same length.

(Sayumi, to Reina) She’s short-legged.

(Takamina) *takes the pick* Maybe I should go home now?

(MC) Right, striking sparks with your heels.
I can easily answer the rest of the questions. Takamina doesn’t care about fashion anyways.

*Takamina shows some protest*

(Sayumi) I get it! You simply don’t have a taste!

*Takamina has to admit that*

*Sayumi is jumping for joy*

(Sayumi) Miss Takamina, you’re not the eldest in your team. Why are you the leader?

(Takamina) Because my judgment is just. And I take decisions only after thorough consideration. Like an adult.

In turn, Takamina asks. H!P has lots of people. Have you ever had trouble with it?

*Sayumi raises her hand* When somebody mimics somebody else’s hairdo.

In case of possible quarrels or soppy talks.

(It’s hard to see Takamina on this screen. She goes ROFL again)

(Takamina) So who impersonates whom?

Sayu acts as Jun-Jun.

(Jun-Jun) I dyed my hair. So this feature doesn’t work anymore.

(Takamina) *raises her hand*
Tell me please, in MM, who’s the quickest to learn choreography and who’s the slowest?

Well, apparently the quickest is Reina.

(Reina) It’s because I’m smart!

And the slowest is Ai-chan!

(MC) Miss Leader, is that true?

(Ai-chan) Absolutely.

A question from Takamina. “Did you fail on the stage?”

(Reina) Let me tell! Quite recently during our tour there was a happening (aka “OOPS”). Every member has her own lines. (TL NOTE they name a song here, I didn’t catch it, sorry). So, we sing it one by one and I sang more lines than I was supposed to and it went on in succession. So the rhythm was messed up.

Sayumi gives further explanation. We sing by turns. Reina, me, and Eri. The three of us (Eri apologizes). In the end, it was Risa who saved the day.

Now the attention is aimed at Sayumi herself.

(Rin-Rin) On TV she’s evil and has a sharp tongue.
But nobody knows a true charm of Michishige-san.

(MC) You appear on many TV shows. You are very popular.
(Sayumi) Well, I won’t deny that.

(MC) How did you earn your reputation?

(Sayumi) The generation tries to keep pace with Sayumi.

*Takamina holds a tablet saying
“Michishige Sayumi is overly cute but her evil personality finds understanding with her fans”*

(Rin-Rin) You simply don’t know her charm.
It’s like a tuna can dressed with mayonnaise.
It’s tastier this way!

(Sayumi) You want to say I’m better than people think I am?

-
The hypothesis is “Sayumi is evil-natured and has a sharp tongue”

Sayumi, do you want to make a declaration?

(Sayumi) I want to tell everyone that Sayumi is cute!

MC asks the audience. What would you say on this?

(Reina) Then we talk with Sayu on the stage (aka have MC). I say lots of different things and Sayumi always draws a conclusion. Her final phrase is usually the one you needed so much but couldn’t come up with.

(Risa) She has quick brains. But she’s not nice. She thinks over things and throws poison. (TL NOTE Risa is in the opposing camp).
(Sayumi) No, I only speak the truth!

(Reina) My friend came to the concert. She said that Michishige-san was great, awesome! (aka “well done, Michishige!”)

And Takahashi Ai-san’s mom adores Michishige.

(Sayumi) Risa is right! I’m cute but I’m not kind! (aka “you don’t mix up soft and warm”)

I simply can’t emcee this show anymore…

You know what?
“I’m selfish. I’m extremely selfish. You don’t know how selfish I am…”

(In the meantime Eri says her success is all thanks to Michishige)

(MC) OK, let’s count the votes. (ayes and nays).

Who thinks Michishige is a nice girl?

*everyone raises hands*

Sayumi tries to protest.

(MC) How would you reconcile the opposing teams?

(Sayumi) I’m a pacifist!

(then, a new album is advertised here)

We are reminded that Eri, Rin-rin and Jun-Jun say good-bye (aka “So long and thanks for all the fish”).

Reina wrote a letter to the three.

“Eri, Jun-Jun and Rin-Rin.
I congratulate you on your graduation. In this letter I wrote about what I think you should improve after you leave and will be on your own”.

First, Jun-Jun. When we rode Shinkansen and you were sitting next to me. You relaxed and, how should I put it, unbuttoned your clothes. I’d like you to be more attentive next time.

Then, Rin-Rin. Your training suit is awful.
It’s too tight for you and your bodyline becomes strikingly visible…I think you should do something with it.

Then, Eri.
You’re too strict with what I eat (that I don’t follow the diet).
You even warned me with the words that I’ll “kick the bucket” because I don’t have balanced meals.

But I’m extremely grateful to everyone for working together with me. You became my second family. So first I wrote about your drawbacks you have to deal with but at the same time I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed our time together and I’m grateful.

You’ll always be my best friends. Yours, Reina”.

It’s not the last letter we have today. The next one is from Jun-Jun.

“Ai-chan, Gaki-san, Michishige-san, Tanaka-san, Mitsui-san. Though we leave the group after the tour I want you to think about you and try to improve”.

*everyone laughs*

Ai-chan – You buy too many things.
Gaki-san – You start talking about one thing and finish with something completely different.
Michishige-san – you think too much. You’re overly fussy about your image, about what people can think of you.
Tanaka-san – (wrote something she can’t really read herself) – your clothes are too showy.
Mitsui-san – you’re too picky.

And now about what I like.

Gaki-san is very serious, she’s a workaholic.
Michishige-san has a sense of herself, she’s motivated, she puts out a lot of effort into her work.
Tanaka-san is open-hearted, she’s kind and she can say what’s on her mind.

(TL NOTE Jun-Jun writes 実際 (“in truth”) the chinese (simplified) way実际)

Mitsui-san is grown-up, she’s reliable and cold-mined.
Ai-chan is very serious but she’s a nice girl. Ai-chan, take it easy and enjoy yourself!

Jun-Jun will go back to China but she’ll always remember you all.

Ai-chan points out that they had problems with cultural differences, used some abusive language. But they worked together and did their best.

Now Takamina is crying.

The ending theme is by bump.y
2人の星〜離れていても〜
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump.y

Offline Anariel

• Meronpan Society
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:02:59 AM »
^ Когда переводишь, пиши приблизительное время напротив текста, для некоторых шоу при наличии у меня желания и времени я могу сделать *.ass sub если конечно ты в этом заинтересован. И еще вопрос, ты переводишь только субтитры или на слух тоже? Просто не знаю как люди будут реагировать на саб с половина переведено/половина нет thanks for work

Offline nikorai

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:35:10 AM »
Anariel
thanks for work
You’re welcome. But I need you to understand that this is not a word-for-word translation as I indicated above. This is a mere summary to you to enjoy. This is the best I can do.

And, speaking of subs. By my estimates it would require from me about a week of work with each episode. Which is obviously unachievable. After all, it’s a hobby and not a full-time employment.

By the way, boys and girls. I’d be more than happy if you leave your comments and feedback. Since each 20-minute episode takes around 2-3 hours to translate in rough it’s very important for me to know whether it’s actually worth it. To my mind, the TV section on jphip.com is the smallest one and really needs expanding.

Offline nikorai

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:09:20 AM »
Anariel

(back translated) I need to know the timing of phrases for making the subs
Half of the phrases are indirect quotes. “she said this” “she said that”. For the subs, it should all be changed and re-written. I’d prefer to leave the text as it is. But we’re open for suggestions.

Michishige
No, she’s actually nice. She’s just acting tsundere-like (you meant to say ‘b**chy’). It’s more likely to make the show more enjoyable. The episode was actually very laughable if you ask me. And I don’t know Sayu well enough to judge about her character. If you could come up with some MC from her concerts then, there’d be more to think about.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 04:38:43 AM »
Thanks for translating. I really appreciate you taking the time to translate that. I've been dying to know what was said in that episode.

and welcome!  I haven't seen you around the forum (even though you have a good 29 posts) but this is my welcome, and thanks. :D
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 08:49:33 AM »
Great stuff Nikorai, thanks. We do discuss Mu-Jack, but it usually ends up in the TV appearances or Youtube threads. It definitely deserves its own thread  :thumbup

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:22:53 AM by BarrieV »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:35:23 PM »
110506 NMB48 SPECIAL  :twothumbs

Takamina senpai so cool.

Milky = Suda Akari. I said it before, but damn... twins!

Takamina surprise next week?  :O2
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:15:23 PM by BarrieV »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »

Offline WawanBlackStar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • BL★CK
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 08:00:48 AM »

This week eps. with guest star Kuroyume :w00t: . I love their new single "Alone" :thumbup

Offline frentzenwolf

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »
it's a good repo in scription
Takamina's ability showing on this program

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
Takamina X Passpo

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »
SDN48 Graduation Special:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
^Great, great great.

- Takamina dancing in the bunny outfit
- Team S looked GOOD during the rehearsal
- Takamina x Shawako bonding @ train museum!

Epic looking train!

- Takamina's surprise entrance was perfectly timed. The crowd was so excited, lol.
- Kuwabara x Takamina x Rena talk. Rena's so cute, glad she still has her little mannerism. Nice to see Kuwabara is a more relaxed and serious state.

Offline XD_Monster_XD

• No Yuko, Wmidget= no life
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
Mujack unknown episode [tongue] (2012.04.21)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:19:42 PM by Masa »
Ima Yuko oshi and my otp are the Wmidgets!!!
Yuumina ftw~!

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:02:46 PM »

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Flow