JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Kiss Kiss

Author Topic: (Group) Secret (시크릿)  (Read 143686 times)

Offline WinWin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Secret (시크릿)
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2013, 01:48:16 AM »

Sunhwa's sexy back  :w00t:

Why the top left pic does not appear in the MV!!!  :cry:

Offline CheeseHead

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »
Liked the MV, really felt like JiEun stood out to me.

Offline kaiser5077

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2013, 03:04:46 AM »

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline CheeseHead

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #264 on: May 04, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »

Offline kaiser5077

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:37 AM »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #266 on: May 10, 2013, 05:19:01 AM »

:lol:

Jieun such a cutie  :wub:

Offline dark_monkey

• Member+
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »

Offline kaiser5077

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2013, 05:42:48 AM »
Let's dance with secret

BTW, anyone following Hyosung's little controversy? It seems like a pretty big deal, people were requesting that MBC edit out Hyosung from the infinity challenge's episode that featured a bunch of idols and now Yes (the underwear brand) took down Hyosungs pics from the main page.

On May 14th, SECRET guested on SBS Power FM's "Choi Hwa Jung's Power Time". On the broadcast, Jun Hyosung made a statement that said, "We're a team that respects individuality so we don't democratize the group."

A clip of the statement has been spreading like wildfire online, as netizens are criticizing Hyosung for using the term 'democratization' in a negative way.

One netizen explained, "With the way she used it, she basically intended for democratization to mean that individuality is not respected."

Internet community 'Ilbe' has been using the term negatively and popularizing it with a different definition to mean 'to disappear', 'to demolish', or 'to cause a riot'. The community is notorious for using the word in a negative context.

Netizens are arguing that the context of her statement fits with Ilbe's use of the term and are disappointed with her lack of history and political knowledge.

TS Entertainment clarified that Hyosung used the word without knowing what it meant.

And a little more info on why people are so upset. Taken from the comments on NB
Some background information:

In south korea there is a group of people claiming that the country shouldn't have been democratized and should just have remained an autocratic state with an military dictator. They even think that north korea made south korea democratized in order to mess up south korean society. Ilbe is a website where those kind of people gather.

Ilbe users distorted the use of the term 'to democratize' to 'to oppress people's freedom' because they think democracy is a bad thing. The majority of south korean think Ilbe users are making fun of blood and deaths of many people sacrificed during korean democratization by distorting the meaning of the word. And Hyosung, while I can't tell she did on purpose or not knowing, used the term in the exact way Ilbe users do.

Of course I understand outside of south korea it must be hard to understand why korean netizens are so upset about her words. But this is not just hatred toward idol celebrities, but a problem related to history and political background.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2013, 06:37:18 AM »
The "Hyosung Controversy" is like... how do I put this.

As a T-ara fan I can safely say that this is stupider than every T-ara controversy they ever had combined. The fact that netizens have the power to influence major corporations like YES into taking down pictures makes me fearful for the future of our species. No disrespect to Hyosung, but this is a case of trying to use a big word that she didn't quite understand to sound smart and she got caught looking dumb. The tragedy in all of this is that she got caught in a place that is hypersensitive to anything related to north/south korea relations and at a time where these relations are tense as fuck. That's not her fault though. However, she's being put on the cross like it is. It's a damn shame. Damn shame.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »
I just hope this doesn't affect Secret and Hyosung too much. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, people are just way too quick to assume things >_<. Just like T-ara's case, had the korean netizens not make a big deal out of their tweets, KKS wouldn't have made such ridiculous comments about it and make matters worse XD. At least in this case TSENT immediately claimed Hyosung didn't know what the word meant, and Hyosung apologized right away and will "reflect" upon her actions.

The only good that comes out of this at the moment, is that the ilbe users are buying a lot of Secret stuff. Sales are sales right? XD

A little extra info on why people have associated her with the ilbe community.
only ilbe users say 민주화시키다(forcibly democratize). its different from 민주화하다(democratize). there's no way she could've heard it from non ilbe users. not sure she read ilbe boards though. ilbe users are everywhere. you can easily find them on nate, dc gallery etc. but still this is very disappointing. she sounded so stupid...
I'd like to think people would probably just be calling her stupid and that would be the end of if she used 민주화하다(democratize), since that word has no connection with the ilbe community and has no extra meaning behind it. But since she didn't, well yea XD. There was also a comment on why Koreans despise the ilbe community so much but I can't find it anymore. But they are really looked down upon by society.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
You know what this reminds me of? I don't know if this is universally american but I remember growing up, as a way to make someone look stupid, you'd ask someone, "are you against women's suffrage?" When you're younger and less "in the know" it sounds like someone is asking you if you're against the suffering of women lol. which is ridiculous. of course, if you don't know what suffrage means you'd sound evil to say no thinking who wouldn't want to end anyone's suffering let alone women. But, after a few history classes, you figure out that suffrage isn't a past tense word of some sort for suffer but rather about women's right to vote. Imagine getting caught on TV or whatever saying that you're against women's suffrage. Then imagine you're a celebrity and there are netizens out there just waiting to jump on you for anything and everything. yea... crazy.

Offline tarawz

• ecchi
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »
You know what this reminds me of? I don't know if this is universally american but I remember growing up, as a way to make someone look stupid, you'd ask someone, "are you against women's suffrage?" When you're younger and less "in the know" it sounds like someone is asking you if you're against the suffering of women lol. which is ridiculous. of course, if you don't know what suffrage means you'd sound evil to say no thinking who wouldn't want to end anyone's suffering let alone women. But, after a few history classes, you figure out that suffrage isn't a past tense word of some sort for suffer but rather about women's right to vote. Imagine getting caught on TV or whatever saying that you're against women's suffrage. Then imagine you're a celebrity and there are netizens out there just waiting to jump on you for anything and everything. yea... crazy.

I'm totally agree with you. everyone can make a mistake and we should give them a chance

Offline stinkytofu

• ecchi
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2013, 04:34:20 PM »
yeah i agree, the whole incident and how people are acting towards secret is a joke. a huge joke.  :doh:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2013, 04:04:07 AM »
Sunhwa and Zinger Hana singing Tell me your wish.

On Weekly idol

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:11 AM »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline mitara11