JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kelly Chen - Big

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 537326 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #2020 on: February 04, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »

Gotta love what Cabbie DO

BUTT REALLY!! dammit. do they miss THIS GUY

and belanger goes down?? AVS JUST LUNCH PAIL. Get the puck to the net! too fucking fancy dump and chase HALLSY!! read this thread and you will win. Gagner and RNH gotta booking get their faceoffs right. it ain't gonna get easier when Luongo steps into town!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2021 on: February 07, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »
OMGASS JAGR IS GOD!!!!

Was at game last night. Jagr holy shit like touch BOOM GAME OVER muscling one stick on hand dude is HUGE

Lol I was yelling VITTU! PERKELE! when Kari was at my side it Rattled him!!! Hemmer with a sweet shot (lol and Yak groping him up and down) BUTT FUCK HALLSY EAZY TIP IN shhhhhit assistant Captains gotta Finnish like PETRO!!

You got this one Thimmy but Oilers gonna kick Dallas ass Tuesday!!!!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2022 on: February 10, 2013, 12:28:32 AM »
There's no doubt that hockey players (and professional athletes in general) are more more aware of and are more diligent these days about things like proper fitness/training regimens and healthy dietary habits. I mean, take a look back 30 or 40 years ago or so, and many of the "old timers" would've likely ignored many/if not any questions that they were asked about their diets and/or workouts. Not so with today's modern NHL'er...

Jetcetera: Grocery shopping with Jets' Jim Slater - Food shopping among Slater's passions
By: Geoff Kirbyson / Jetcetera | Posted: 02/7/2013 1:00 AM

For most hockey players, the locker-room is a sacred place where they discuss their opponents, shoot the breeze, relax and get ready for the game.

Jim Slater is not most hockey players.

Sure, he does all of the above, but he's also a walking and talking encyclopedia on food and a strict follower of an organic diet who has passed on newspaper articles on nutrition in the locker-room. He has even swapped recipes with the occasional like-minded teammate in there.

In fact, when asked recently what he likes to do in his spare time, he replied, "Go grocery shopping."

He's not kidding. The 30-year-old takes his body's food intake very seriously. He doesn't see it so much as something to be enjoyed but rather a means of providing optimum fitness and energy levels so he can excel as a professional athlete. "I take pride in my body and my health. It's gotten me to this point in my career. If you take care of your body, it will take care of you," he said.

But eating organic in Winnipeg can be tricky. The kind of organic big-box stores that exist in the United States haven't expanded to the Manitoba capital, so Slater has had to research the local grocery market so he can buy what he needs. He invited Jetcetera to come along on a recent excursion.

He gets his fruit, vegetables and milk at the Osborne Village Safeway, various nuts and drinks at the nearby Vita Health Fresh Market and salmon and pickerel at Gimli Fish Market. All three stores are within a short drive of each other, which is no accident. One non-negotiable in his hunt for accommodation is it be close to grocery stores.

And because he's on the road so often, his shopping excursions are frequent, because he's only buying enough food for two or three days at a time.

His breakfasts consist of oatmeal or eggs, lunches of bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches and dinners of pickerel and quinoa.

And smoothies, lots and lots of smoothies. His Vitamix blender is the focal point of his kitchen, where he blends vegetables such as kale, carrots, broccoli and fruits into nutritious drinks several times a day. He also makes his own peanut butter.

Slater admits to taking some good-natured ribbing from his teammates. (Grant Clitsome, he says, comes close to his diligence with food.) Want to razz him about being a picky eater? He'll shrug you off.

"I just turned 30. I feel really young, I feel energetic. I don't often take naps in the afternoon. I feel younger than I am," he said.

Slater didn't grow up in a household full of vegans. In fact, he admits to having lousy eating habits when he was a kid growing up in Michigan. It wasn't uncommon for him to stop off at McDonald's before the 11/2-hour drive to hockey and then again on the way back.

But then he read some books trumpeting the benefits of organic food. He gave it a shot and when he started to feel better and have more energy, he was hooked.

Slater, however, is human and admits to one weakness -- chips and salsa.

"My favourite type of chips is Doritos. I feel I do a pretty good job on all the other key ingredients, that allows me to eat the Doritos and salsa," he said.

geoff.kirbyson@freepress.mb.ca
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/from-hockey-stick-to-carrot-sticks-190160591.html

The following video was included in the article:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2023 on: February 10, 2013, 09:31:08 AM »
DAMN yeaaah. I was listening to Jason Strudwick's show on Friday (http://www.theteam1260.com/Podcasts/JasonStrudwick.aspx) about how nutrition is so key...that fuckin kids nowadays are just trained like machines, year round rinks and are just workhorses coming into the league. None of those hometown boys from a farm. And you see guys like Teemu Selanne still grinding it even at 40+

FUCK. Khabby was so good. but man this pic of Gagner sums up the Oilers powerplay LOL. Only Justin Schultz is the most consistent, just get pucks on net!!!

Good thing the Blue Jackets are next!! Good season all around? gotta post my vids from the Stars game. No Mullet but still GOD Jagr :yep: love dat story of him and Yakupov during the lockout lol - Jagr was like "Yeah prolly after practice cuz im holding a bunch of sticks"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2024 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:29 AM »
MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!

with the SHORTIE!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2025 on: February 12, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
lol Smyth playing dumb ... his stick breaking wasn't his fault. Refs just being stupid on the calls. 10 minute misconduct yest vs the Wings was lame. SHUT UP MEDIA

At least Oilers don't have losers like Leafs' Grabovski, biting Pacioretty on the team. suspend em for being GEEKS!!

Kids just need to keep crashing the net ENOUGH OF THE STUPID TIC TAC TOE they game planned, let's just put pucks to the net like yo name was Justin Schultz. but I'm sure RNH, Hall and Ebz will get back on track.

too bad about Hordichuk being released, he was fucking nice as hell. MANS MAN but sadly the enforcer is going the way of the Wii.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2026 on: February 12, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
LOL Dai.. the enforcer really is going the way of the Wii. It was a wrap for Rupper here in NY. Sent his ass to Minnesota for some people that can actually play quality minutes. Powe has been a revelation on the penalty kill and, now with Asham(who can still throw down)/Halpern/Powe as a 4th line we can actually roll 4 lines.

Favorite moment from the Sundays game:

Mcdiesel doesn't appreciate anyone getting to close to the King.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2027 on: February 17, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »
XD Pronger would be proud. protect DA PAINT! what the fuck was up with the Isles?!? goes to show teams never bring their A game against the shitty teams. get the clip of Nash fucking making sick ass moves! BEAST.

LIKE TONITE HOLY FUCK!!

LOL damn Petrell hurt in the warm ups. BLOCKING SHOTS. :bow:

HOLY SHIT 56 shots on goal. NEW club record, not since the 80s!! where they did 55 twice. NO QUIT GO OILERS GO!!!

Fuckin 6-4 comeback Khabby so good first win since who knows when. EBZ! RNH!! back on track! MAGGIE was the healthy scratch and gets the game winner LOL FINALLY SOME BREAKS 5+ goals = Japanese Village coupon!! http://www.630ched.com/goallight/

...more ranting im still blown away.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2028 on: February 22, 2013, 03:21:36 AM »
Any H!Pstahs living in the GTO area ever been out to the town of Bolton? It's apparently about 40 mins NW of Rogers Centre. Anyway, if any of you do happen to pass by that way...should drop by these places and see if you can get an photo/autograph with NHL legend Paul Coffey.

http://www.pcag.ca/

:thumbsup

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2029 on: February 23, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
^ YES. Must be the car dealerships Coffey has.

how bout dat Jets player Zach Redmond s losing so much blood. SUCKS when the injury is during practice like :lol: OH MAN I lmfao at Sharks, being undefeated and then losing like 6 or 7 in a row TOO CLOSE to beating the OHHHHHHHHHHHHH #Oilers GM Steve Tambellini announces forward Lennart Petrell has been placed on injured reserve

what a loss :doh: Ryan Jones be BACK!!

how bout dat NHL eh?? Flyers and Pens games are ALWAYS wtf. wish I got Simmonds in my pool lol

LOL damn Hall kneeing Clutterbuck. We get you want payback but you gonna get suspended :doh:

I LIKE IT. It's on the level of what Messier would do except there would be stretchers and careers ending. About damn time the Top 6 showed some fight. Sam Gagner would lay it out on the line that's true but to get it from the guys with the "A" and "C" is MONUMENTAL. Clutterbuck is a bitch, always trying to take and injure players so Hallsy only sending the message. DONT FUCK WITH US. none of that cheap behind your back Matt Cooke on Hossa deals either. You put your head down, expect to get TRUCKED!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2030 on: February 23, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »
^
At least Hall was only suspended for 2 games. Even with the fact that it's a "without pay" suspension, that's only like what, $9000? That's peanuts for him.

Poor Redmond is probably done for the season. Reports like this one from the Jets' NHL site were saying that the surgery took a couple of hours because there were a lot of severed blood vessels that they had to repair.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=96&id=203954&cmpid=embed-share-video

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2031 on: February 23, 2013, 11:00:43 PM »
SHIT :o tendons be damned

I like how Jim Rome was all up in the "Cheap Shot" artist. With Yakupov's "Celly" antics I love how The Young Gun Oilers getting lotsa run for being assholes :lol:

EBERLE SCORES!!!

fuck what is wrong with Kreguer PUT Yakupov on the Top Line not with the AHL fill-ins :doh: but fuckin Mike Smith and the snooooooooooooooze COYotes gonna shut you down. SO CLOSE

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2032 on: February 24, 2013, 12:35:27 AM »
OILERS WIN FUCK!!! TEEMU first goal ties it up!! SHIT take it to a shootout and it's GAME OVER

good thing the Coyotes PP sucks so hard :lol: Ryan Jones fuckin energy was sorely missed!! This Brier Road Trip gonna test em fo sho.

Chicago eventually has to lose. Remember Gagner's 8 point night?!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2033 on: February 27, 2013, 03:27:54 AM »
Now we all know that since the Jets returned to the league, there has been talk of realignment because really, a team playing in the Central Time Zone should NOT be in the same division as Florida and Tampa Bay. So finally the league has come out with a proposal for realignment, I see it, and I think......really?

:thumbdown:

I mean, seriously, why scrap the "3 division per conference" setup? It's working fine, both in terms of balancing the number of teams in the east VS the west as well as in having a playoff system that has been firmly established and that people know works.  With this new setup that they're proposing, not only is the geographical east/west balance thrown out of whack, but now they've also had to come up with a new playoff system that can end up being really confusing/frustrating.

Report: NHL proposes realignment, new playoff format
Tuesday, 02.26.2013 / 5:24 PM / News | NHL.com

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=207862

The National Hockey League is proposing a new realignment plan that would see the League go from six divisions to four divisions and introduce a form of divisional playoffs instead of the current conference system in place for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, according to a report by ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.

The plan was detailed in a memo sent to the League's clubs Tuesday, according to LeBrun.

The plan needs approval from the National Hockey League Players' Association and the League's Board of Governors. If it passes, it would take effect for the 2013-14 regular season.

"We have been in discussions with the Players' Association for the past several weeks on the issue of realignment and we are trying to get to a solution that everybody can live with," Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly told NHL.com. "There are no perfect answers here, so we have to do the best we can in trying to adequately address a number of competing concerns. Once we get to a point where we have the Union's go-ahead, we will present it to our Board of Governors for its consideration. We certainly hope to be in a position to announce something in the relatively near term."

Under the new plan, the conferences would be realigned with the Columbus Blue Jackets and Detroit Red Wings moving from the Western Conference to the Eastern Conference. There would be no corresponding moves by Eastern Conference clubs, resulting in unbalanced-conference alignment that would see 16 teams in the Eastern Conference and 14 in the Western Conference.

The schedule matrix would see each team play teams in the other conference both home and away.

In the seven-team divisions, teams would play intraconference foes three times per season and five of the six intradivision foes five times a season. The sixth opponent within the division would be played four times. In the eight-team divisions, teams would play intraconference opponents three times and intradivision opponents either four or five times per season on a rotating basis.

Due to the unbalanced conferences, the League has proposed introducing a wild-card element to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, according to LeBrun.

Under the proposed system, the top three teams in each of the four divisions would qualify for the postseason. The final four spots would go to the two teams in each conference with the next-best records. So, in theory, five teams from one division and just three from the other division in each respective conference could make the postseason.

CBC's Elliotte Friedman first broke many of the details of the potential realignment plan, including the composition of the divisions, Saturday.

The Atlantic and Central divisions would be in the East, while the Midwest and Pacific divisions would be in the West.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=657635

VIDEO - http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=207862

Seriously, all the league had to do was listen to what many of the TV hockey analysts were saying and just have the Jets swap conferences with a team like either Nashville or Columbus that, when you look at a map, is just "east of center," and thus wouldn't be that badly/seriously affected (primarily travel-wise) by a switch. If they did that, then re-arranging the divisions would be kept to a minimum, and scheduling (both for regular season and playoff games) would be virtually the same to what they've got now. As this current proposal of theirs stands, sure the Jets get what they want/need, which is a move to the Western Conference, but there are quite a few teams in the east that are going to be crying foul.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2034 on: March 04, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »
Just prelims! But jets too good and they destroy the Nucks just ask the Rangers XD

who the fuck is Mike brown? Lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2035 on: March 06, 2013, 09:50:24 AM »
OH!! that Mike Brown. well shit. HE MADE A FUCKING DIFFERENCE :lol: at least he took some shots on goal.

WOW. can you not show the fuck up. Brad Richards rolling around thinks the Oilers coulda showed up the last 3 games OH MAN.

Patience. Patience. FIRE KREUGER TRADE FOR OVIE :lol:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2036 on: March 10, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »
WTF Dubnyk ... Centre Ice Goal. LMFAO

whatever lifting up they spirits motivation blah blah Kreuger for the next game. Blackhawks lost, and they wanna prolly start another dumb streak FUCK. 1st Overall for four years in a row here we cum :doh:

The only HEART showing up lately has been mike brown pounding the shit out of everyone. HORCOFF!!! save the season. is this some kinda conspiracy theory to have MacT coach again and then take em to the cup? :lol:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2037 on: March 11, 2013, 01:55:39 AM »
LOLWTF Oilers beating up the Hawks in United Center!

Horcoff MVP!!! SHIT Oilers up 6-4 the PP lookin as crisper then ever.

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2038 on: March 13, 2013, 01:13:18 AM »
So does beating the Blackhawks make you the best team? :lol: 9 game home unbeaten streak OVER!! the two Giant slayers facing off tonite in Denver.

I really hope they showcasing Whitney cuz LORD they need more size. Horcoff and Jonesy need more grinders. OH LMFAO mike keennan tkaing the local radio loser host to task on "They young" excuse. BULLSHIT! His Flyers were young the oldest was Mark Howe @ 29 and they took the Legendary YOUNG Oilers of Gretzky to the brink in the Finals. STUPID. Just need that mix. DO IT UP STEVE!

LMFAO LATVIANS! best shootout attempt ever

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2039 on: March 13, 2013, 05:35:42 AM »
Managed to score a couple of nose-bleed tickets to tonight's Jets game versus Toronto. :thumbsup

The 5-2 win was nice, but to be honest, I don't know which of these specific tidbits I liked more:
a) Even though it was for the opposing team, it was awesome to finally see Randy Carlyle coaching again at an actual game (as opposed to just watching it on TV),

OR

b) All throughout the game, the crowd at the MTS Centre (who, remember, have become known for "creative" taunting of opposing players) had been trying to throw Toronto goalie (and Winnipeg native) James Reimer off of his rhythm by chanting: "RYEEEEEEEEEEEEE-MER!! RYEEEEEEEEEEEEE-MER!! RYEEEEEEEEEEEEE-MER!!" So with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd period, Toronto pulls Reimer and sends in backup Ben Scrivens. So, as soon as the announcement is made..."Now in goal for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ben Scrivens", what does the crowd do?

Duh....they start chanting "SCRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVENZ!! SCRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVENZ!! SCRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVENZ!!" :lol:

OR

c) Still in the 3rd period, since there was no longer had any one single player left that the crowd wanted to heckle, someone just decided to troll the whole team by getting the sold-out crowd to start chanting "LET'S GO BLUE JAYS!! *clap, clap, clapclapclap* LET'S GO BLUE JAYS!! *clap, clap, clapclapclap* LET'S GO BLUE JAYS!! *clap, clap, clapclapclap* "
XD

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kelly Chen - Big