JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yoko Kanno & Origa - Rise

Author Topic: [Movie] My Sassy Girl: Hollywood Version  (Read 13449 times)

Offline prettylovely1

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: My Sassy Girl: Hollywood Version
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 07:18:52 AM »
Gonna Suck. it's like fate. :thumbdown:
As your enemy I promise to like everything you hate just to annoy you.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 11:43:42 PM »
Not really on topic since this is supposed to be about the hollywood version, but anyone watching the Japanese drama remake of it?

Just watched the first episode and have to say it's not bad, though the acting can get a little over the top sometimes, but that's typical of Japanese comedy style. It was pretty funny though. Sorta wish they got someone else other than that SMAP guy to play the lead >_> But I think Rena Tanaka isn't bad. They made some interesting plot changes already. I really don't know what to think about them right now, but we'll see how that works out later on.

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 02:19:59 AM »
You know, it doesn't look that bad, I gotta admit.  But the straight to video thing does make sense, I think it wouldn't have done well in theatres.  No offense to Elisha Cuthbert and Jess Bradford, but they don't carry the star power that this film now deserves.  I'll probably buy it just cuz I'm a nerd that way, and I actually love Elisha Cuthbert.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »
Direct to video and obscurity.  Maybe they can remake "The Host" while they're at it.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »
anyone seen it yet? I just watched it last night

Elisha Cuthbert was actually quite good in this and made the film bearable i think. Jesse Bradford was fail from the start. They did a good job transplanting the story from Korea to NYC and were pretty faithful to all the epic scenes we love (the only one they left out that I was waiting for was the scene where he chases her down the street and hits on her, not knowing its his GF). It wasn't butchered as badly as I had feared, but I would still say it didn't need to be made. The addition of the random friend the guy has was an odd touch. Overall, not horrible so see it if you wanna know what's up, but totally skipable.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yoko Kanno & Origa - Rise