JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing you

Author Topic: STORIES OF US --- [All I Want For Christmas] Xmas One-shot -- 27/DECEMBER  (Read 38016 times)

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: STORIES OF US --- [Secret Admirer] Chapter 2~ APRIL/01
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »
Hmm, It's intresting , Ai almost seems to be both afraid and intreagued by Gaki at the same time, that in some ways she wants to rncourage Gaki to be closer whist at the same time pushing her away.

She knows what Gaki is to her, she can literally not forget and we know that maybe Ai had feelings for her at an early stage, but even though she wanted to we see Ai not activly seeking Gaki out, so perhaps it is no surprise that Reina and Gaki got together first....

Ai as an empath, An intresting theory as she is the one that is shutting herself if from the word and being alone, somone an empath might pick up true feelings from when others haven't but then Ai is special, I feel as though she may be able to manipulate these thoughts to greater things, like her gradfathers desire to protect her was enchanced by Ai changing his fellings (or something like that)

You also get the irony that of course, when Ai herself is a empath, what she perhaps really needs is for an empath to look into her mind a see how she truley feels....

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2011, 05:28:37 PM »
 :panic: how could u end on that bee?!?!?!?!

ah~ i really loved the whole chapter including the whole takagaki blossoming of friendship/ai-chan's huge infauation with gaki. it was pretty sweet. yet again i could feel like everything that ai-chan was feeling....girl you write so well! :twothumbs

i also had to lol at the catch-up XD short and to the point!

now.....
BRING US NEXT CHAPPY OR ELSE!.....pweez? i'll make u stuff(once i get my laptopback) and draw you takagaki pics if you do~ oh! and maybe write...but laptop must come back from dell 1st XD :deco:

lol my bribery sucks huh?
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »
To kickstart this new season of updates and my return to life, I bring you... well, greetings, I guess. I tried to find something worthy to bring you, but came up with nil.

[half and hour of googling later]

No... I looked again and couldn't find anything, not even crack (unless this monologue intro counts as). Ah, I shall update both my threads in penitence.

[goes to write Character Study]

Not quite the best study, but it'll do. Let's try finishing On Call now.

[glances at clock- 5:30am]

Seems pretty impossible. You'll just have to make do with me rambling idiotically in response to your fic now. It's far too late for sanity. Too bad.

-----

Firstly, there could not be a brilliant-er foil than Risa for Ai, the protagonist. The contrast is fantastic.

Things left unsaid are as telling as those articulated
You see, if my mama told me that, in a child-friendly way or no- I don't think I would've turned out as well-adjusted and as open and friendly as Gaki-san. Somehow, I probably would've grown up to be an over-thinking emo- wait...

...and could not understand why her friends didn’t explicitly return the I love yous she gave them without pause
I find this adorable. Was Bee-rinko an affectionate child? Or not. Maybe its all that mutual loving you and ropynyan heap on each other, of which somehow requires my acquiescence.

But for the life of her, Risa just couldn’t figure out why she couldn’t stop looking.

Frankie Valli - Can't take my eyes off you

Aaand, back to the story.

Okay, seriously though, I actually like Nana-chan- a very interesting plot device. Will we get to see a little more of her later? It feels like her mild contempt for Ai is a weak reflection of Ai's own teenaged angst and self-loathing.

It may have been an indication to the other girls to stay away from her, Risa didn’t know. Not surprisingly, Nanami and their friends never paid Ai any attention. They kept their distance, in fact, as if she reeked of something unpleasant.
Nice subtle touch there.

It didn’t take long for the bean to become glaringly conscious of the essays and books that spilled from her own lips
I lol'ed at this. Imagining Risa-chan, MM subleader- having essays and books spilling from her lips. That would be in the context of quantity and not quality, correct? Oh, Chan Pon Chan...

Your portrayal of Ai in the second scene was wonderful. The way you managed to describe her vulnerability was perfect- the way you weaved it into the story was not too clinical, not too angst-ridden. You manage to evoke just the right amounts of empathy from the reader, I understand exactly what Ai was going through without even needing to have gone through it myself. This flashback teenaged Ai has her emotions and responses laid bare here, and when I contrast it with the post-ravager Ai in the prologue, it worries me to realize how little I know of her in your story's present timeline. How did this somewhat open book, with simple feelings go from here to there?

Ai knew she had to act fast, but the mere thought of confessing sent her into a dithering mess. She just hadn’t a clue what to do, swamped by indecision and her torturous lack of confidence – it was all so… terrifying.

What if Risa had completely forgotten about her? What if she didn’t even like girls that way? What if all Ai was doing was setting herself up for a humiliation so deep, it would leave scars? She’d never be able to recover from a rejection, not when it came from somebody as important as Risa. She scoured her mind for a good while, thinking what to do. How she’d confess.

And that’s when it came to her. That’s when she began to write.

(Sorry, large block quoting.) Could it be that the very thing that Ai loved to obsession, then became her undoing? Risa is like 'too much of a good thing' here- being the catalyst that allowed Ai to open up, and subsequently ending up as the reactant in this whole mess.

And here grac's obsession with research and terminology provides us definitions, just so we are on the same page:-
- Catalyst: "A substance... that modifies and increases the rate of a reaction without being consumed in the process"
- Reactant: "substance that is consumed in the course of a chemical reaction"

I’m sorry, I’ve reported you to law enforcement. We’ve had to upgrade you from super-empath to uncontrollable mutant
:lol: someone call Professor X!

OG as labrats!
Hot! Nakahashi? Just perfect! I rewatched all the HPNews clips I had in celebration of this.

the pills that cling doggedly to her sweater no matter how long she spends picking at them
Don't bother picking. Just shave 'em off.

Okay, before I descend into more insanity and do the rest of the chapter a disservice, you're right- an explanation wasn't necessary, but you've somehow managed to get all the pertinent information across in the Iida/Takahashi interaction here, which also gave more clues to Ai's psyche.

Great update. Thank you for this. I will keep up my end of the bargain soon, but please accept my character stud(ies) as a placebo in the meantime. Sorry if I was too irreverent above, but you know me.  :P

See you when I see you- I've missed you too.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2011, 02:24:21 PM »
I have been all kinds of busy (and lazy, and easily distracted...   :roll: ) and now I owe you comments for the last two chapters.  Aaaaah, bad, bad Ropy. Hopefully, that ends here and now. Take a seat, because this is going to be long. Let's begin ranting and fangirling!

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

Chapter One

SO  AI  ONLY WROTE ONE LOVE LETTER.

That was the first thing I thought when I started reading, since there wasn't another letter there. So I will asume that I'm right and I'll try to stop obsessing about it until you give me more information about it, of course. You know I love speculating about that letter

To tell the truth, I wasn't expecting that much background for Ai. But WOW. For some reason you are convinced the background is boring and slow. You are soo wrong. Aside from making me want  to hug badly that little stressed Ai-chan , it made me understand her ANGST ;_; a lot more  :heart: And actually to know a lot more about her special abilites, how they work and how they affected her personality and stuff. So awesome and detailed and interesting and I love it  :wub: And her grandpa, oh my god, I love that old man. I want a grandfather like that ;_; Even if some of his reactions were half influenced by Ai, he's still awesome. Because, come on:

During the weeks that followed, Grandfather Takahashi would personally come out to greet the obstinate doctors who’d return time and again to their house. It wasn’t any old greeting that he offered; her saviour would punctuate his deceptively warm welcome by turning his head aside and hacking out a wad of spit. That was the last time she saw some of the doctors.

Grandfather Takahashi = HERO  :yossi:

And sorry for starting with the quote spam so soon, but here we go:

Her triumphant smile and the spring in her step for the rest of the week were worth it to them, her grandfather told her later, petting her proudly.

This was so cute, to imagine little Ai-chan like that :heart:  And then, when grandpa petted her, the cuteness factor rised even more. Really, I went all AWWWWW  here :heart: Cute, cute, I like.

The boys in class began paying attention, and so did, she noticed worriedly, other, older males (and the odd female too).

:rofl: :rofl:
This made me laugh. 'The odd female too' she says  :lol: I don't know why but I can't help laughing everytime I read that. 

It was why when after giving off negative vibes to a certain somebody who did not respond as she’d anticipated, that Ai thought she had found somebody in life to take a second look at.

And when she took that second look she discovered how beautiful and kind and perfect and everything Risa was.  Takagaki love is in the aiiir ~   :deco: *chants*

Talking about Takagaki love... the one month earlier scene was  :mon lovelaff: but at the same time so  :mon cry: Yes, I use emotis because there is no word to express my mix of joy and uber sadness  :cry:

I'm liking more and more this Aichan. This poor, angsty child  with  her deep one-sided love  ;_; I just wanna hug her and tell her everything is going to be okay *conveniently forgetting about the abuse/mind controlling <__<*.  I loved the fluffy part of this scene. I couldn't stop squealing (and since I was home alone, I could squeal to my heart content XD ) and Awww-ing. Risa sighing in Ai's back and Ai being so nervous, incapable of asking Risa a coherent question. Word fumbling Ai is soooooo cute.

It’s Risa, hands clasped at her stomach and looking up at the ceiling. She raises her head from where it’s rested on Ai’s back for a moment, then drops back down, shifting and snuggling, finding a comfortable fit; it’s all so light, flippant, playful. Ai’s heart skips a beat.

Really, how cute is that?  I'm repeating myself but I don't care ,so here: AWWWWWWW  :mon inluv:
I love the fact Risa is always trying to make Ai a more social person, even if she doesn't really wants to :lol: In my most non-social times I fabricated some goings-out too just to stay in my house and read, or just to relax alone a little, so that  anecdote amused me too much.

*huggles Antisocial Ai-chan*

Risa pinches Ai’s nose lightly, noticing the way the girl flinches, probably unused to the attention. She then settles down, using her arm as a headrest, closes her eyes, succumbing to the gentle warmth of noon and the lull of sleep. Ai’s gaze remains on the bean for a moment longer. Then, with a hint of a smile, she turns away, back to her book.

:mon inluv: It's so fluffy I'm gonna dieeee ~  :mon inluv:

Cuteness ovearload . REALLY. I mean, how come that nothing is really happening but you make it so sweet and fluffy and cute and Takagaki and omg. You, dangerous person, you always made me ship those two even harder, and I thought that wasn't possible :heart: And I better stop with those Takagaki quotes and move on or I'll never finish... because Ai doing as the bean pleases, reading from memory just to entertain her while Risa is all "YAAAAAAAAY AWESOME" is too cute too. And the books talk too, that disney part is so adorable, and Risa  is so skdflnssdfskdfjsn :heart: , just wanting to have some common things to talk with Ai.  Quoting material everywhere I tell you!

But after so much happiness... the drama comes. I hate you and love you equally for that scene XD Nah, the love part will always be bigger and you know it :heart: But it really affected me. And it still does, everytime I reread it  :bleed eyes: It's your fault for expressing Ai's pain so well. It breaks me little by little when I'm reading it ;_; Gosh, you always know the exact amount of angsty drama  to use for leaving me emotionally dead. I love those little details, like the bowl of rice turning cold, it makes the situation even more angsty. The worse (and the best) is that this is only the beggining of the drama. There 's so much angst to come, I know it.  And I will suffer and enjoy it :heart:

Beside Risa, Ai has always believed herself to be something of a broken person… paling in comparison, incomplete. Risa… she’s the one– has always been. Would…would Risa ever look at her?

This fic is going to kill me, seriously :cry:  And I must be a little of a masochist, because I would love to die with this.

But the next part, with Ai imagining she's talking to Risa... that was heartwrenching. Ai should have known better, that situation was clearly going to end badly.  But even knowing that myself, I died a little inside too when Risa says Reina's name and poof! All the ilusion is gone, leaving only sadness ;_;  The worse part of allowing oneself to daydream like that is when the reality suddenly hits you and force you to return to the real wolrd ;_; It's much more painful that way.  SDKFSJNFDL MY POOR AI-CHAN  :mon waterworks:

Oh, by the way, I love the way you play with the timeline. You know, mixing the past with present, with almost-present and all that XD  I personally love reading  things write that way when they are done properly. And yes, you are doing it more than properly, you don't even need to ask .

And this... minor speculation time!

“I knew Reina was the one before I had even met her.”

Does this means she is famous or something?  Or that Risa just saw her somewhere without actually meeting her? Love at first sight and all that? And what is Reina working at anyway? I keep wondering about that. We only know she's busy  as hell or just a dirty liar so...  what is it? I only know she's no doctor :lol: If I had to guess I would say she is still in entertainment business. For nothing in particular, I guess I have that image of Reina in my mind.

And what will happen when Reina is near Ai? Will super Ai empath powers push her away or what? I want a epic Reina vs Ai somewhere in this fic, I seriously need it in my life. I told you many times now but I'm looking forward to see more of this Reina of yours  :heart: Usually I'll just want to keep  her out of the takagaki way, but this time I'm really interested in what is going to happen. I don't even know why, I was pretty indifferent to Tanagaki until now lol. Now my opinion of Tanagaki is in your hands XD No worries though, I will always support Takagaki <3

Before I rant about the second chapter I have to point out something. That summary of the prologue and the first chapter...  :rofl: 
Please, please, keep doing that in the future. I laughed so much with that. I know it's supposed to be more informative than funny but...  :rofl: Bee remarks are the best!

Chapter Two

Risa point of view, I LOVE IT! Do it more! Please? :heart: 
Like grac said, the contrast beetween their points of view (Risa and Ai) is awesome. It's interesting  to see how different they are, they act or think. But how they have some common ground anyway :heart:

Backgrounds are getting more and more interesting with each chapter. It's so conflicting to want to know about what happened and what is going to happen at the same time. I'm always looking forward to both of them equally excited.

...and could not understand why her friends didn’t explicitly return the I love yous she gave them without pause

My life  :cry:
I totally understand little Risa feelings, I had those too when I was little XD But I still keep blurting out 'I love you' to my friends  anyway. Probably Bee is one of the few person who return my suddens I love you without being annoyed or rolling her eyes. Bee is nice :heart: And of course, grac, we'll always need your approval for that. It's feel better that way (?) :lol:

Awwww, but Risa is so  cute, and innocent and everything :heart: Sooo adorable! Really. Stealing glances to look at Ai-chan? Non-stop interrogating Nana-chan? Wondering and wondering about Ai? How come she didn't fall for her and end up with Reina later? She's the one who was interested in Ai in first place <__< Maybe not in that way at first but... it could totally have gone there.

Talking about Ai's sister... She seems like a potential dangerous character. I don't know, I'm sure she can explode anyday and make poor Ai-chan life even more miserable. It sure has to be hard to life with someone who dislike you so much when you can actually feel that even more accurately that anyone because you have yaay-amazing-empath powers. Oh, and I approve Mako and KonKon cameo here!  It's nice to see those girls here too <3

Back to Ai vision, Ai missing grandpa is Awwwww too. I said it up there, but I'll say again. I love him ;_; I love the relationship between both of them. He can understand Ai so well, without actually talking too much. I can imagine Ai being all clingy in her own way when he went to visit her. Cuute. And her relation with her grandmother... lol I guess a lot of us have that kind of relationship. No matter how many years pass, grandmothers always act like that XD

The first real Takagaki interactions was sooooo fangirlable. I actually had to stop reading and fangirl. Inner squealing and all that, you know me :lol: And this, this, so much cuteness from the Risa.

This bean spotted them from across the yard, her face lighting up, plump with a rosiness that could be seen a street or two away.

Aw  :lol:
Again, your skills to write Ai's feelings during this whole scene left me speechless. It's not exaggerated, not too much, it's the perfect way to explain, to describe it and make the reader feel what Ai was feeling :heart: It's amazing. And I would have love to see Ai's face when she discovered no matter how hard she tried she couldn't push away Risa. Poor nervous and cornered Ai-chan XD

If there weren’t so many ice cubes slipping down her stomach, she may have been able to mumble some excuse to leave. But she couldn’t, and she didn’t, and as her veins ran with ice water, she slowly lowered herself back down.

I loved this part way too much.  Just pointing it out :heart:

And then, more takagaki cuteness. The kind of cuteness that made you sigh and wish for a forever happy ending   :cry: I still don't know if I want a happy or sad ending though. I'm not sure if I will able to decide on that someday. So many conflicted feelings with this fic...

Ai would never know if Risa had sensed the same – that, even though they got along quite cosily, there was often a startling tension between them, thick and disquieting. And just when she felt that there was something going on that the bean would sooner or later feel obliged to act upon, Risa would shatter the illusion with noisy questions about boy crushes and trendy haircuts. Ai’s smile shrank a little.

Oh my one-sided takagaki  :cry:

Was Risa really oblivious to all this? Or just did that on purpose because she wanted to stay oblivious to it? For some reason both things seems possible XD Whatever the case, she never noticed anything? Really? In all that time? Not even with the love-letter? Okay, it was anonymous,but at least it made her more conscious about the people around her, right? I mean, if she wanted to find out who sent it. And when she started going out with Reina and stuff? Or fangirling Reina? I'm sure she fangirled Reina before they started going out XD Surely Ai couldn't pretend to be happy about all this... or can she? I feel like speculating a lot again.I NEED MORE BACKGROUND STORY  :panic:

Each stumble upon happened so fast, so surreal, and the older girl was always left shaking her burning head afterwards, having been rendered dumb by Risa’s nearness, Risa’s touch, Risa’s beautiful, brown eyes on her.

I looove this. Those casually halls meetings are so  :heart:  Poor Ai-chan, always waiting for it, but never really prepared for it when it happened. I can picture Ai perfectly in that situation and awwwww! Aww too for birthday gift scene! I love the way Ai loses her composture when Risa does something she doesn't expect her to do. Cuute. I want to know what it was! Surely Ai still treasures it :heart:

That year, Ai made a lot of progress with her sister too.

Oh?  :O Really? Interesting...

They hadn’t talked in two years.

:shocked :shocked :shocked

AND SUDDENLY THIS. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS. YOU ARE EVIL. 
I understand Risa was busier, but but... two years! You should stop hanging with grac so much, you know? She's rubbing her not caring evilness into you :lol: I love you and your evilness anyway grac. No, really, this shocked me. Luckily I know they are roomies later, so I can be at ease. But this only makes me question more what exactly happened. Because that love-letter seems to be  the trigger of what is going to happen. That damn letter, I can't help but obsses about it XD

I'm wondering again if that's really the only letter she wrote. ARGH. And... somehow Risa knew it was Ai? I don't know what to think about it.  I mean, why then she got closer to Ai again if is not for that letter? But at the same time I don't think she knows. But then again, what happened that make them become closer again. Oh god, I don't know anymore.

WHAT HAPPENED THEREEEEEE   :banghead:

Better  move on before I start with the crazy theories :lol:
It's interesting that there are so many things happening one month earlier before the day in the prologue. I mean, it could have been two months earlier for example :lol: What I'm trying to say is that alll those things are related and was what made Ai start to think about what she finally did in the prologue. Maybe? But I said no more speculation for now, lol . MOVING ON ~

(The good news is: Gaki-san likes mutants!)

:rofl: :rofl:

I told you already, but this made me laugh out loud. And my mom looked suspiciously at me! :lol: The line before about mutants made me want to chuckle but with this one I couldn't stop it anymore. The way Ai's mind works is too funny sometimes.

KAORIIINN :heart: You know, I think I was waiting the whole time for her to made a pun, even if I knew she isn't like that here  XD Blame grac >__>  But I'm so happy that she's the one helping Ai-chan along with Kemeko and great Nakazawa Yuko :heart: I approve Yuko fawning over Ai-chan anytime.  I want to see it! I want to see the three of them in action! OG love, yaaay!

I adore Kaorin here too :heart: How she treats Ai-chan, how she KNOWS about Risa :lol: That little talk was amusing, even if Ai-chan was stressing herself out. I must be an evil person too, because I enjoy reading Ai so defensive about that subject. The fact you know how to write it perfectly helps too. Aww <3 Overall this conversation let us (and Ai herself) know a lot more about her powers, it's pretty interesting . I remember I began reading this thinking 'Yay I still have a lot to read ' but suddenly it wasn't that much :lol: That means I enjoyed it a lot, so I guess it's not that bad... And empaths!  Empaths are so interesting too. I have been researching as welll :heart: I cannot wait to see what will happen.  Gosh, I love this fic. This plot. This everything.

*dies in happiness*

OH, BUT...

I won't forgive you for ending that chapter there. Evil cliffhanger is evil. Because I was all happiness and  inner squeals and then suddenly there was no more to read. No matter how hard I tried to scroll down, no more words appeared. And I was left traumatized  and in great sadness. Well, maybe it was something  a little less dramatic.  You saw my reaction anyway XD It's not like the explanation is all that neccesary, because you can understand from the talk but... but it's still interesting and I wanted more!

Even if I already told you countless times but I'll tell you again because you use to forget it easily (please read it with the proper dramatic pauses):

:cow: THIS. IS. AWESOME. :cow:

At first I thought this fic wasn't going to be very complicated plot-wise. You know, loads of angst, mind controlling, sex, more angsty drama, and yaaay!
Yes, there was drama and there was angst but  then there was too that love letter that made me over paranoid, and then there were backgrounds (epic backgrounds with epic family members) for the characters, and it was no longer only mind controlling, because Ai was a super empath and that is awesome, and everything was fantastically written and I was like 'Oh my god, this is far better from whatever I could have imagined, I want to no know what is going to happen, what happened, what is happening, I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING AND I WANT TO KNOW IT NOW SKDFNSLKFDSNLFDN' :panic:

And now I don't know anymore, I just want to kidnap you and convince you to spoil me everything (and I know you wouuuuld!) because there are so many things I want to know and so many things that could happen. But that would be bad, because this fic is too good to do that. So I'll wait  :banghead: Just know that little spoilers are allowed and appreciated >_>

ANYWAY.

What I was trying to say before I got sidetracked is that I love this fic, and I love the fact that is YOU who is writing it. Because if it wasn't Bee, I'm sure this story wouldn't be as amazing as actually is. Because aside from being the reader who everyone would like to have, you are an awesome writer too. Your writing skills are awesome Bee, it will never cease to impress me ;_; So please keep being like this forever :heart:

And... I guess I'll tell you. I wasn't struggling with the comment. I was struggling with a drawing. Sorry for not telling. It was supposed to be a surprise, but... meh.  It's taking  me longer than expected. I didn't want to comment without it, but I was starting to feel bad for make you think I was having problems with the actual comment. So yeah, expect a random fanart,  if I'm able to do it properly, and expect a bad random fanart if I'm not able to do it properly XD I swear to god I'm starting to hate criss-crossed legs

sadknfasdaskfd I love you Bee!  I will be eagerly waiting for the next chapter~ :mon inluv:

Offline ShiroiHana

• mukii~~
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Ah….the long awaited update >______<
cant wait to read it O__O
And lol for you to smell the KameShige fic :lol: how could you smell such things? Lol

Chapter Two

Things left unsaid are as telling as those articulated
That was um…..kind of positives. But, I think, it is difficult to think like that. Ah, but, that’s me lol. I am not that positive after all.

It was peculiar, for two individuals so unalike to cross paths; and even more curious, that they would stop in their forward tracks to examine the other, to take a closer look.
Ah, that was like opposites attract… usually people tend to take an interest in others that’s different from them. Because they are admiring what they thought they aren’t having.

Always, that same painfully tentative combination
For some reason I thought, because Ai was like that, it will just make people become more and more curious to get to know her better. At least, I thought, the more the other person was signaling some kind of wall, I will tend to try to peek from the wall and eventually try to enter it. But, for some reasons…I think I know what Ai’s felt at that time. Hiding her face and tried to be as invisible as she could so that she wont be hurt.

“Don’t worry about her. She’s always been… like that.”
Takahashi Nanami-san was kind of rude for saying those things about her sister. Then again, there could be some reason about why she’s saying things like that.

But for the life of her, Risa just couldn’t figure out why she couldn’t stop looking.
Nah, maybe that’s mutual attraction, Gaki-san. ;)

Risa noted, however, that she was hardly any more horrified by the knowledge of Ai’s friendlessness than she was by the way Nana-chan’s voice bloated with satisfaction in revealing all this about her sister.
I wonder…maybe, Nanami-san was kind of jealous bout Ai’s gift..or she may be kind of lonely because her sister didn’t treat her like how an older sister usually treat their little sister. Satisfaction….. but, at her age, I think it is common if she thought like that. She wasn’t mature yet after all. It will be good if someday their relationship is getting warmer.

It didn’t take long for the bean to become glaringly conscious of the essays and books that spilled from her own lips, while Ai, on the other hand, seemed perfectly content to use the bare minimum of words needed to communicate.
:lol: what a way to describe their differences. These two was like a polar opposite >_< but kind of alike at the same time.

Risa wondered. And wondered. She spent too much time wondering, those few months. Behind that soundlessly beautiful mask, just how many thoughts flitted to and fro, how many emotions blossomed and rioted?
It was a simple thing to a simple girl.

Find out.
Gaki-san is really simple xD I wonder what it takes to be that simple, while Ai, in the other hands is having a rather complicated mind…wait it is more pessimist than complicated I think. Or it may become conflicted and complex because it is pessimist. Or…I may just blabbering away. :lol:

Nobody else in her family seemed to be as conflicted with the move, especially not Nanami, who looked remarkably cheerful for somebody who not too long ago had been dragged kicking and crying away from their old school.

Nanami-san is quite simple too actually and rather expressive.

He was all the calm and reassurances of her life, the one person who, even if she was without talent or ability, would love her all the same.
I am getting to like and like grandfather-san more ^^. He’s such a wise and kind person. Among Ai’s family which is kind of difficult to approach, he’s the one that see Ai as Ai.

Ai arrived home from school one day to find that her parents had secretly sent for them.
Waw, her parents finally …no, that’s kinda wrong, I mean..they are actually doing something that make Ai happy ^^. Well, that’s what parents supposed to do.

As she had suspected – Niigaki Risa was devastatingly charming and sociable, like a ray of sunshine, much too bright for her to look at directly.
If Gaki-san was a sun then…it will make Ai as the moon. I mean..if Gaki-san was shining that brightly…I am sure…the ray will eventually spark to Ai too. Ah..what I want to say was…that bright people will radiate a light to dark people. Akh, I cant explain it properly >.<’

There was just no comparison to be made.
Once again, Ai was thinking so negatively about herself. >_>

Midway through the exchange and about the same time that Ai was on the verge of zoning out, she came back to her senses only to realise with a start that she was alone. With Risa.
That was kind of funny xD. I mean..the way I imagine it, Ai’s expression when she realized that she’s left alone with Risa. O.O….. dumbfounded and panic. That’s a little comedic :lol:

Curiously quiet, and Ai, who had never felt more cornered than she did in that moment, was seized by another impulse to tear herself from scene.
Oh well, that’s another funny scene. I imagine that Ai’s like a cornered animal under those hunter eyes. And she stared at them with big round eyes, ears down..that’s funny and cute actually xD.

Emitting these discouraging vibes should do the trick to drive the bean away; if it drove everybody else away, she had every right to feel confident it would do the same to this one little girl.
Radiating such aura, huh? That’s a fine trick. And usually people who wasn’t that stubborn or interested enough with the other person, they wont go too far and tried to stay by the negative person side. But..i think Risa wasn’t going to leave, was she?

But she didn’t leave. Ai had expected her to, but she didn’t – she stood her ground resolutely. Steadied herself. Upon seeing the smile that lit up her face the next instant, the older girl, stupefied, dropped her guard.
Yay, she stayed. >_< ahhh, but on the comedic side…the way I imagine it, Ai, who was ready to fight and emitting such aura, expecting Risa to leave, but as soon as she met Risa’s gaze and seeing her smile. For instance she’s frozen on the spot. Eyes stared widely, jaw dropped. xD

While Risa continued to charge head-first into the delicately growing friendship, Ai tip-toed around it.
Ai’s really careful with her relationship. Because she’s afraid to be hurt..maybe because of that…

And just when she felt that there was something going on that the bean would sooner or later feel obliged to act upon, Risa would shatter the illusion with noisy questions about boy crushes and trendy haircuts. Ai’s smile shrank a little.
So close yet so far…

She was unable to think, read, write or concentrate on anything for very long; Risa was a constant raid on her every thought and action.

That’s saying that when someone was in love, 24/7 your minds will be filled with the thought of that special one. “I just want to spend my time by myself. I am totally fine with that. I spend most of it with reading. Suddenly on the book I read, there’s her face filled the book. I cant concentrate. Everything that I did always filled with her,” maybe that’s what Ai felt lol.

Happy birthday, Ai-chan!
That’s so sweet from Risa >_<

That year, Ai made a lot of progress with her sister too.
Ooh….their relationship is really getting better >____< I feel happy when I read it.

They hadn’t talked in two years.
Waaah..? :( Why…why…*stare sadly at Bee-san*

Time had rushed on in the endless noon of her adolescence, and it seemed that before Ai’d turn around twice, graduation day was staring her in the face.
Time flies like water, in a blink of eyes..it’s gone..

What if Risa had completely forgotten about her? What if she didn’t even like girls that way? What if all Ai was doing was setting herself up for a humiliation so deep, it would leave scars?
What if…I think the question itself was more dreadful. Because when I thought of ‘what if..’ I found myself being a coward and making no progress. And eventually become stress because of it. Such a scary question lol

The good news is: Gaki-san likes mutants

Wha-? :lol: Ai’s really cute here >_<

Ai, on the one hand, stubbornly setting up all the security measures, Iida, on the other, mulishly plowing through every one of her patient’s meticulously constructed defences.
Wah? Iida…sensei? Woah, >_< i think she’s fitted somehow. Her motherly and patient figure feels really warm

E m p a t h.
mmmm? *look up for meaning*.... oh...? wah? Ai is an empath? that's awesome and actually has a positive side though the bad side was still there. but, understanding other people's feeling and eventually resonant with it..isnt it awesome? at least i think that it's awesome. yet at the same time it is tiring. it is good that we could understand other but, will other understand us too? like...every good thing will be followed by bad things and bad things will also be followed by good things. Ai's gift wasnt that negative yet it will took long time for her to realize it though...

After reading :
My conclusion was Ai..is really a negative person >__>’ i mean, sure she's actually a shy person to begin with and her families ware also like that and unintentionally pushed her to be so negative. nah, I think I could recall her conversation with Gaki-san bout her no-confidence. But, reading her way of thinking was interesting though. It is funny and kind of cute at the same time yet depressing and sad. Ai makes me want to stand by her side and continue to encourage her so that she could see that this world isn’t that grey. I feel like i cant leave her alone..um..how to say it. because i can sort of relate with her way of thinking...it made me feel like..'ah..i want to be by her side'
And I like the relationship progress between Ai and Risa. It is started with just a few stare and then their gaze finally meets. Slowly the gap between them is being reduced.
Sankyuu for the enjoyable update ^_____^
I will wait patiently to read the next chapter :D
Bee-san ganbare! ^o^/

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2011, 11:21:47 PM »
ok so its not takagaki on a full chair but i suck at drawing chairs so this should do ne?

NOW PLEASE WRITE LIKE THE WIND BEE~~~~ :deco: or will i have to bribe you more? XD

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2011, 07:33:22 AM »
wow wow WOW . just wow

did I told you I love your writing.......... because I totally do  :heart:
did I told you you're awesome ........... because you're SO awesome  :heart:

I'll try to make a good-worth-reading feedback (but I wouldn't count on that)

First you have Gaki, well, isn't she one curious little girl? I think I'd get a little annoyed by her but somehow I don't ¬¬* (and I get annoyed by the fact that I don't get annoyed) She's totally intrigue by Ai I wonder why? ......... well maybe because she got this BIG HUGE crush on her and she doesn't even realize xD Every fiber of me refuse to this u.u' (specially talk about it LOL)

Wonder if Risa saw something in Ai or she just like a challenge. She's totally intrigue by Ai jsut because her sister told her she's a freak and doesn't have any friends, maybe is sorry what she felt. Probably change that in the future... don't know.

Jiji why Jiji  :cry: I totally love grandpa  :heart: he's such a great support for Ai. Those three months were probably hell for Ai  :( but good thing he could visit her for a while  :)

OG!  :w00t:
Hard to picture Iida all serious XD and probably the only thing Yuuchan did was call Ai cute other than that she didn't do much xD

Ai, Ai, Ai I don't know if I would hate her if she wasn't Ai. I mean, I can totally see why she's like that and afraid of people, and she doesn't brag about be such an antisocial person or the fat that she is different. She's scared of everything, specially her. The only thing I probably don't like about her is that she gives the vibe of being emo instead of antisocial (They're different!) and different but probably is just because of Ai xD besides when she was with Iida she totally stared to open up a little and she was as well trying to figurate what is going on with her.

You should keep the explanation! I wanted to read more!
I know your chapters are "long" and they look like it but when you finish read them it doesn't fell that way and you just want to read more. Well, at least for me that is  :P

And I will definitely read about empaths now. I was intrigue by them, long time ago, so it should be fun to search them  :P

I don't know how could this get any better, but looking forward  :D
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2011, 08:35:28 PM »
BEEE!!! WHERE ARE YOU?! I NEED YOU HEEEERE!

And as promised, Eri, swearing at you to update faster. (She needed a little coaching to do it right)

Offline Sora-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kawaii deshou?
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2011, 03:40:42 AM »
I dont really read fan fictions alot but this is really good :)
Tanakame!<3333 ReinAi<333 TanaGaki!<33 TakaGaki!<33 TanaShige!<33 AiSayu!<3 JunSayu!<33 SayuKoha!<3 AiEri<3

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
Comment replies will come later! But much love to everybody who left a comment or a thanks or just continued to support and push me along the way (I suck at updating, I know, I really, really do). I really, really appreciate it, and am always in debt to you.  :bow: I haven't forgotten about Secret Admirer, but seeing as how I've kept it on hold all this time, I hope it'll be okay to keep it on hold for a little while longer, while I get some other things out in the mean time... sorry.  :(

I left Eri swearing at me for too long, so here's an update for tonight.

This short story (originally meant to be a one-shot, but I've had to break it up into several parts) is inspired by a story one of my friends wrote and shared with me a while ago. I fell for it hard. I've kept the core storyline the same, but I've modified and added a lot of my own.

This is a special piece, for a reason which I'll mention when I post the final part. Hopefully won't take another half a year.  :sweatdrop:

Please enjoy.  :heart:

---

A Modern Day Fairytale
P A R T   O N E

I’m not counting, no not really.

Thirty minutes. I stare at the phone in my hands. Or an hour… I sigh, adjusting the cuffs on my coat yet again. Or maybe two. My eyes dart about suspiciously, sure that there must be some stranger, just out of sight, who’s eavesdropping on my private thoughts.

But does it really matter? The waiting? When you’re waiting for the person you love, it doesn’t matter. Well, I tell myself it doesn’t matter. It shouldn’t matter. I can spend the time waiting in a very productive manner. Like fondly reliving drama-serial worthy moments between the two of us – the quarrels and confessions, the cuddles and kisses, the whispers and the promises. Most of it initiated by me, sadly, but I push that to the back of my mind. The anticipation of waiting helps things. It makes me want more. Want her more. I… I really want to see her.

But who am I kidding. It’s been two hours.

A sane person would have spiralled into a tantrum maybe an hour earlier. In a declaration of war, this sane person would then have proceeded to send mail filled with cussing and accusations, and once somewhat satiated by that, stalk home to soba, TV and a warm futon.

But I guess I’m no sane person. In fact, it would appear that I like to make myself suffer. I continue to punish myself by sitting here, waiting. Sulky fits and texting assaults probably aren’t my thing (they require too much effort). That, and well… I’m just stubborn like that. Others would call me a fool though. I wouldn’t dispute that.

It’s getting dark. The sun’s dipped below the horizon. People are filing out of the amusement park entrance, a distant jungle of trilling voices disturbing the otherwise still night air. And I’m here, I’m sitting here, in this fragile refuge. Alone. Waiting. Here, this bus stop where it all started for us.

The fact that she’s not here says a lot.

The packs of noisy adolescents, gaudy and red-faced from their time in the park, head this way. My hands tighten in my lap. I have a burning urge to turn away, hide my face. Disappear, if God would heed to this completely impromptu prayer. After what seems like forever, they all finally pass, and it’s quiet again. They didn’t seem to notice me. I can breathe again. I feel pitiful. I bring a hand to my chest, clutch the fabric of my top.

I stopped reminiscing some time ago. I’m not reminiscing any more, I’m hurting. And I keep thinking. Keep asking myself why.

Not even a text message.

I’m sorry, can’t make it.

Something came up, come wait at my place.

I’ll take you out another time.

Nothing.

I understand that Yoshizawa-san’s a busy person, you know, busy being busy, and that she lives almost two hours away. But she hasn’t said anything. I’ve already sent her a text message, and tried calling her too, but she won’t respond, won’t pick up. So I hold on, I wait it out. Stubborn. Or stupid. Or stupidly stubborn (or stubbornly stupid!).

But I can’t help it – almost three whole weeks already since I last got to see her properly. After Rosy Etiquette lost its lead singer and took on a new one, after the band released their debut indie single (therefore allowing my senpai to re-establish herself as the coolest bassist ever), Yoshizawa-san hasn’t been around.

I’ve been listening to her voicemail recording more than her actual voice. She’s often been late to rendezvous. That also says a lot because it’s usually me who’s late. If I’m late and she’s tardier, I don’t know what I should make of that. I’ve been trying to pass it off, but the truth of the matter is… I feel her slipping away. Every day that passes that I don’t see her, she slips away that little bit further.

I pull my coat around me more tightly and huddle against the evening chill, then look down at the bracelet around my wrist.

E – R – I

The block letters, a blazing orange – Yoshizawa-san’s gift to me on our one month anniversary. It’s been almost a year now, but when I’m thinking of that special day coming up, it doesn’t quite fill me with the rainbows and love hearts that made up that first month we had. I want to cry.

I’m fingering the bracelet, staring listlessly at it as its bold letters glint under the rusty glow of a nearby lamp post. I’m sighing, and fiddling, and shifting – and then I jump, when a muffled voice rings out next to me:

“Konbanwa~!”

I shoot up like toast from the steel seat, head whipping to a side as a peep escapes my lips. There’s a bear standing right next to me. No, to be exact, it doesn’t just stand, it positively looms. How I hadn’t noticed it sneaking up on me speaks enough for my state of mind. This bear – well, it’s not really a bear, rather, it’s a person in a bear costume – is no doubt a mascot from the amusement park. My hand splayed out over my heaving chest, I stare wide-eyed at the bear. Or rather, at that person in a bear costume.

“Ahhh, sorry for giving you a fright,” the bear says, motioning with her large paws an apology. I say her, because the bear’s voice is sweet and feminine, a little drowned out by the fabric of the costume but it’s still clear enough to make out her every word. “But I was just wondering, what’s a cute girl like you doing here all by yourself?”

Still flustered, I consider not answering. I sit back down. Why do I have to give this big, furry goofy-looking thing a response anyway? If I wasn’t feeling so deflated, I’d maybe have humoured her. It doesn’t sit well with me to ignore a friendly gesture. Anyway, why should she care? 

I look away. “Just waiting for the bus.” Better than being a complete snub.

There’s silence. I don’t know what to make of this silence, so I turn my head to look at the bear. But it’s impossible to tell what she’s thinking – those glassy eyes and the woolly, smiling lips sewn on her bear face really don’t give much away. Underneath that huge bear head, I wonder what kind of expression she’s wearing. Is she cringing? Glaring? Smiling sympathetically? Not knowing makes me agitated. I shift on the seat, tug down the hem of my dress and sweep my hands up and down both legs, trying to keep warm.

“You’re cold,” the bear says. Before I can protest, she unwraps the massive scarf from her neck, revealing all of her round, white stomach. She then lumbers closer and begins to drape it around me.

“Wait!” I yell, startled. Ignoring my objection, she makes quick work of wounding it around me, and not just covering my neck but my whole torso. I grunt in effort, trying to push back. It’s no use. My arms are pinned tightly to my sides. “Wait a minute – stop! W-what are you doing? Yada, mouuu…” She’s circled me three times already and there’s still more of the scarf to go.

When she’s done wrapping me like a mummy so that only my eyes and nose peek out from a mound of wool, she takes a few steps back. She tilts her big bear head to a side, brings a paw to her chin and scratches, as if I were some piece of artwork and she was surveying me thoughtfully.

“Hmmm. Cuteness factor has gone through the roof, but I wonder if she’s warm enough.”

When I realise just how big this custom-made scarf is and how odd I must look buried in its depths, I press my lips together, trying hard not to laugh. But I can’t hold it back anymore and I spurt out the laughter that’s been tickling my throat. The thought of looking like a jiggling mound of wool makes me rock even harder. It takes a while before I’m able to remove the image from my head and compose myself, my giggling trailing off as I slip back into docile reverie.

I remember why I’m here, and why I shouldn’t be. I force myself to hold this minor distraction at arm’s length.

But she’s standing there, both paws tucked behind her back, still staring at me with her glassy eyes and her stitched smile. For the briefest of moments, I wonder what the girl underneath all that looks like. I wonder if her expression is contrary to that of the bear’s – if she’s really sad, like me.

She notices my silence. She comes back up to me and unwinds the scarf from my body. Then, ever so gently, she puts it around me, properly this time, letting it drape comfortably around my neck and stream down my shoulders. I still feel myself swimming in it and I’m tempted to refuse her goodwill. For some reason, I don’t.

“Don’t stay out too late.”

I nod. I muster, just for her, the slightest hint of a smile.

The bear pauses for a moment, before continuing in a cute voice, “This neck of the woods is teeming with all sorts of dangerous creatures, especially this late in the day. If you get into trouble, I’m not sure if I’ll be around to rescue you.”

Despite myself, I crack into a grin. Neither her body language nor her bear face gives me much to gauge on, but I can hear her words. Such cute words, dressed by a voice that’s amused yet entirely sincere. Before I can even try to curb my feelings, a surge of gratitude floods through me.

Really, I’m just some girl sitting at a bus stop outside an amusement park. Surely she’s under no obligation to stray from the park just to cheer me up. But she’s given it a good shot here. She’s been a welcome distraction from the emotions running amok inside, even if it’s only for little while.

I sit up a little straighter. “Hai!”

“Ah, the forest is calling for me. If that’s all, I’ll be on my way. Please have a good night, Hime-sama.”

“Hime-sama?!” I whine. Noticing how loud and high-pitched that came out, I clamp both hands over my mouth.

She chuckles. “Can I please have your name, then?”

“Kamei Eri.”

“Ja… Eri-hime…”

She inclines her head a little; I recognise it as a bow and immediately return it. She’s about to turn, but stops and regards me again. “Whoever you’re waiting for… they’ll come back to you. For now, it’s best if you go home. The stars are worried and have asked me to relay this to you.”

“I told you I was waiting for the bus!” Another shrill exclamation. I feel myself heat up uncontrollably as I realise that perhaps she’s been watching all this time. The humiliation cuts through me sharply. I look away. Up to the sky. I make a wild, waving gesture at it. “And there are no stars!”

No reply. I glance back down, only to catch the bear’s large figure skipping away.

“Ahh, chotto!”

She stops mid-dance to turn back.

My bottom leaves the seat.

“I… I didn’t get your name.”

“You didn’t ask,” she replies. I feel her smile. “My name is Cookie.”

“Cookie-san, then,” I say, nodding. “Cookie-san?”

“… Yes?”

“Thank you!”

Cookie waves back vigorously, then twirls on her heels and wiggles her butt at me. She begins to dance her way back to the park, her wild, jerky movements taking her further away. She’s so zealously moving to some unheard beat that she loses a foothold and goes stumbling for a bit, nearly toppling over to the ground, her arms and legs windmilling frantically as she tries to regain balance.

I laugh. So she’s a klutz, like me. She turns around, scratching her head with a big paw. I can tell it’s from embarrassment, and giggle again. She waves at me one last time, then she’s on her way once again, taking care not to trip over herself this time.

I watch her walk all the way to the park entrance, and realise with another spurt of laughter that she’s been locked out – she’s pounding and clawing at the gates, in what appears to be a slight panic attack. A security guard opens the gates for her a moment later. He’s probably not very happy, as I see her bowing over again and again before scampering through the gate.

“What a weirdo,” I say aloud. It’s nice to be able to say that about somebody else for a change.

The bus comes not too long after. I board this one.

The door closes with a gentle hiss behind me and the bus jolts into motion.

The trip home is uneventful as usual, but I’m occupied, strangely tranquil, somewhere faraway. My head leaning against the window, I watch as tableaus of scattered colour and whirling movement zip by, the city’s nightlife emerging like the mysterious nocturnal creature it has always struck me as.

Something’s sunk in my gut, burrowing there like a drowsy bear. Her visit has left the rest of me awake though, and I look down at myself, look at the scarf snaked around me, I hold its soft fabric in my hand. The night has been breathing nothing but cold – everyone around me’s swallowed up in gluttonous coats and sweaters, chins tucked to chests, hands rubbing for warmth.

This is the kind of weather I’ve never been good with. But it’s surprising. As the ventilation blows creepy crawlies across my skin, I keep thinking to myself how so very warm I feel.

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
Re: STORIES OF US --- [A Modern Day Fairytale] Part One -- 31/AUGUST
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
GAH SOMETHING ACTUALLY WRITTEN BY BEE~!!!!! X3 i am estatic XD  pretty cute to see eri and cookie-chan interacting lol eventhough i wonder who cookie-chan really is? XD cant wait for more and i hope that you'll write more asap~! or i'l start tempting you with more pictures~! XD

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »
I once saw a pv with a girl who worked at an amusement park (she was the giant pink rabbit much like in h!m) who fell for a male visitor and this fic reminded me of it only it's so much better. Cookie-san is so adorable and Eri is too. I'm gonna guess Ai is the big flurry bear although I secretly hope it turns out to be Gaki ^^;

Please updat secret admirer when you can? I miss it =(

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 04:09:13 AM »
Be~!!!! you finally update something!  *do happy dance* it's not Secret Admirer but still good!!!  :twothumbs anything that is writing by you is good ^^

I haven't forgotten about Secret Admirer, but seeing as how I've kept it on hold all this time, I hope it'll be okay to keep it on hold for a little while longer, while I get some other things out in the mean time... sorry.  :(
Aaaw is ok Bee, at least you're giving us another story :thumbsup so I guess we'll have to be more patience about Secret Admirer ^^

Now to the story ...

Eri~!!!  :cry:

Thirty minutes. I stare at the phone in my hands. Or an hour… I sigh, adjusting the cuffs on my coat yet again. Or maybe two. My eyes dart about suspiciously, sure that there must be some stranger, just out of sight, who’s eavesdropping on my private thoughts.
LOL paranoid Eri is so cute xD
but she's right, you never know how might be hearing your thoughts ..

But does it really matter? The waiting? When you’re waiting for the person you love, it doesn’t matter. Well, I tell myself it doesn’t matter. It shouldn’t matter. I can spend the time waiting in a very productive manner. Like fondly reliving drama-serial worthy moments between the two of us – the quarrels and confessions, the cuddles and kisses, the whispers and the promises. Most of it initiated by me, sadly, but I push that to the back of my mind. The anticipation of waiting helps things. It makes me want more. Want her more. I… I really want to see her.
Eri~!! why you do this to you? :mon hanky:
guess, she's right, when you love someone you do anything for her ...
but who'd do this to Eri!
How can you make Eri wait! You don't do that to the little turtle!  :mon fierce:

But I guess I’m no sane person. In fact, it would appear that I like to make myself suffer. I continue to punish myself by sitting here, waiting. Sulky fits and texting assaults probably aren’t my thing (they require too much effort). That, and well… I’m just stubborn like that. Others would call me a fool though. I wouldn’t dispute that.
No ones a sane person once they're fall inlove. And stubbornness is the worst, but I can't blame her, I understand  :(

The fact that she’s not here says a lot.
Unfortunately it does

I stopped reminiscing some time ago. I’m not reminiscing any more, I’m hurting. And I keep thinking. Keep asking myself why.

Not even a text message.

I’m sorry, can’t make it.

Something came up, come wait at my place.

I’ll take you out another time.

Nothing.
:gyaaah:

I understand that Yoshizawa-san’s a busy person, you know, busy being busy, and that she lives almost two hours away. But she hasn’t said anything. I’ve already sent her a text message, and tried calling her too, but she won’t respond, won’t pick up. So I hold on, I wait it out. Stubborn. Or stupid. Or stupidly stubborn (or stubbornly stupid!).
So it's you Yoshizawa!!!  :scolding:

But I can’t help it – almost three whole weeks already since I last got to see her properly. After Rosy Etiquette lost its lead singer and took on a new one, after the band released their debut indie single (therefore allowing my senpai to re-establish herself as the coolest bassist ever), Yoshizawa-san hasn’t been around
Well, it takes a lot of your time being in a bad .... but still is no excuse >.>

I’ve been listening to her voicemail recording more than her actual voice. She’s often been late to rendezvous. That also says a lot because it’s usually me who’s late. If I’m late and she’s tardier, I don’t know what I should make of that. I’ve been trying to pass it off, but the truth of the matter is… I feel her slipping away. Every day that passes that I don’t see her, she slips away that little bit further.
aaww Eri!!  :cry: want to hug you so much right now!

The block letters, a blazing orange – Yoshizawa-san’s gift to me on our one month anniversary. It’s been almost a year now, but when I’m thinking of that special day coming up, it doesn’t quite fill me with the rainbows and love hearts that made up that first month we had. I want to cry.
No, don't cry :(
Once you don't get to fill that, you deep inside know is over. Even though you don't want to accept that.

I look away. “Just waiting for the bus.” Better than being a complete snub.
yeah right. Eri didn't even believe herself in this one :P

“Wait!” I yell, startled. Ignoring my objection, she makes quick work of wounding it around me, and not just covering my neck but my whole torso. I grunt in effort, trying to push back. It’s no use. My arms are pinned tightly to my sides. “Wait a minute – stop! W-what are you doing? Yada, mouuu…” She’s circled me three times already and there’s still more of the scarf to go.
LOL, abusing Eri in that way, so funny xD

“Hmmm. Cuteness factor has gone through the roof, but I wonder if she’s warm enough.”
haha, can only agree here
 XD

When I realise just how big this custom-made scarf is and how odd I must look buried in its depths, I press my lips together, trying hard not to laugh. But I can’t hold it back anymore and I spurt out the laughter that’s been tickling my throat. The thought of looking like a jiggling mound of wool makes me rock even harder. It takes a while before I’m able to remove the image from my head and compose myself, my giggling trailing off as I slip back into docile reverie.
Aaww Eri finally smile again~! good job kuma-san  :thumbsup

She notices my silence. She comes back up to me and unwinds the scarf from my body. Then, ever so gently, she puts it around me, properly this time, letting it drape comfortably around my neck and stream down my shoulders. I still feel myself swimming in it and I’m tempted to refuse her goodwill. For some reason, I don’t.
Aaaww this is so cute  :heart:

Despite myself, I crack into a grin. Neither her body language nor her bear face gives me much to gauge on, but I can hear her words. Such cute words, dressed by a voice that’s amused yet entirely sincere. Before I can even try to curb my feelings, a surge of gratitude floods through me.
:heart:

The whole interaction between Eri and Kuma-san is so cute~  :heart:
You can tell that Kuma-san saw something she likes :P

“Ja… Eri-hime…”
Sounds more than perfect to me  :wub:

She inclines her head a little; I recognise it as a bow and immediately return it. She’s about to turn, but stops and regards me again. “Whoever you’re waiting for… they’ll come back to you. For now, it’s best if you go home. The stars are worried and have asked me to relay this to you.”
Ah! So kuma-san knew it!!, see Eri wasn't paranoid after all LOL

“I told you I was waiting for the bus!” Another shrill exclamation. I feel myself heat up uncontrollably as I realise that perhaps she’s been watching all this time. The humiliation cuts through me sharply. I look away. Up to the sky. I make a wild, waving gesture at it. “And there are no stars!”
LOL, so cute Eri here, first denied then...  just change the subject  XD

“I… I didn’t get your name.”

“You didn’t ask,”
LOL simple logic, great to used on Eri xD

she replies. I feel her smile. “My name is Cookie.”

“Cookie-san, then,” I say, nodding. “Cookie-san?”

“… Yes?”

“Thank you!”
:heart:

She begins to dance her way back to the park, her wild, jerky movements taking her further away. She’s so zealously moving to some unheard beat that she loses a foothold and goes stumbling for a bit, nearly toppling over to the ground, her arms and legs windmilling frantically as she tries to regain balance.
LOL, so cute Cookie-san  :lol:

I laugh. So she’s a klutz, like me.
and that's hard to find xD

I watch her walk all the way to the park entrance, and realise with another spurt of laughter that she’s been locked out – she’s pounding and clawing at the gates
Yep so cute, mental imagine is so hilarious  :rofl:

“What a weirdo,” I say aloud. It’s nice to be able to say that about somebody else for a change.
I bet  :lol:

This is the kind of weather I’ve never been good with. But it’s surprising. As the ventilation blows creepy crawlies across my skin, I keep thinking to myself how so very warm I feel.
Awwwww!!  :heart:
So cute and glad Eri forget about her problems for a while, Cookie did a good job, a really good one if I said  :D

Need new chapter!!  :panic:
Talking about that how many more chapter are there? (i'm just curious xD)
I have a theory of who Cookie might be, but not sure. Actually I have two people  knowing you OTP (I think it could work  :nervous) but then again it can be someone else :P (which I'm hoping for that one xD)

Aaahh!! I loved reading this  :heart:
Don't know but all this came to me as manga-type style for me LOL Eri waiting, Cookie-san making her laugh, Eri as a mummy  :lol: It could totally work :P

I really really like reading something from you so I hope you can update soon ^^
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2011, 07:57:46 AM »
-crawls out from hiding- Ooh an update!!  :otomerika:

Hm? Sorta YossyEri? That's unusual, but it's cute now that I think about it~~  :yossi: :yossi:

Eri is so cute!! But who could Cookie be??  :cathappy: quietly prays for GakiKame xDD

I can't wait for update~~ <3

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2011, 09:35:29 PM »
Since I've already told you how much I loved this on Skype, I decided to express my love for it in a different way.

Edit: I didn't realise Cookie was brown (durr) (But if you still want the pink one, you can get it here.)

MOAR!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:59:09 AM by gracula »

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2011, 12:13:04 AM »
I'm kind of really happy that I decided to laze around at home on a Friday instead of the usual lol

I never would have found this story (or stories i guess xD) otherwise. You should totally update when you get the chance ^__^
(and grac, seeing you here, I cant help but bug you about on-call as well LOL)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
Eh Yossy & Eri? That's an unusual pairing :lol:

This is cute lol. Wonder who Cookie-san really is. Will wait impatiently to find out :D

Oh don't forget to update your Secret Admirer as well!

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »
No, not an update, but hopefully a lead-up to the next part of this fairytale... which will be coming soon.  :P

Forum has been feeling empty as of late.  :cry: ropychan's absence NOT helping ;____;
But thanks to everyone who's still been writing and those who are still reading and commenting. Not just for this story, but for any of the stories here. I really feel like my love for this fandom has been prolonged thanks to this part of the JPH!P forum. I'm not usually one to stick to a fandom for long, so I'm glad my passion is still going strong, and just wanted to say thanks to everybody.  :deco:

---

@waiwai: I know right? Something written by me! OMG! :lol: But awwww, thank you  :wub: you're not even going to try to guess who Cookie is? xD I guess it doesn't concern you because it's not TakaGaki  :lol:
i hope that you'll write more asap~! or i'l start tempting you with more pictures~!
Yeah, 'coz, like, that's such a bad thing...  :lol: that just makes me want to hold off writing so I can see more drawings... :3 fail plan, waiwai.  XD
I'm writing!~ thank you for not giving up on me! xD and I'd love to read more TakaGaki from you soon!  :wub:

@hammy: it's you! :shocked: lol again... but I've recently developed quite an admiration for you because of your blog ^_^ dunno if you've read my comment.. but yah, it was in response to one of your TakaGaki posts  :wub: you're awesome! Thanks for dropping by and leaving me your thoughts, I have plenty of my own to give you soon.
Ahhh... you and your GakiKame love. Let's just say, I will have to consider writing GakiKame in the future  XD I've only ever seen them as really good friends, and have appreciated them in that sense in fanfiction, nothing more... hmmm.  :grin:
Ah, you've been following Secret Admirer? I thought I lost a lot of readers with my sporadic (or zero) updating.  :nervous I'm glad you're still reading then? Thank you. I've kind of been stuck with chapter three for a while now. I don't know why. ;___;
Good luck with updating your own stories - especially Doki Dorky, which I have only caught up with recently!  :love:

@steph: Hi there, lovely.  :deco: lol, you're always excited about my writing...  :P cute.
but she's right, you never know how might be hearing your thoughts ..
:lol: that was just Eri being a dork - don't tell me you're paranoid about that thing too...  XD I know, right? Who the hell would make Eri wait... Eri is Eri, she makes YOU wait!  :smhid
Your commentary was extremely cute :3 I especially loved the way you reacted to finding out who was making Eri wait...  :rofl:
No ones a sane person once they're fall inlove.
^ so true  XD
What? That wasn't abusing Eri, Cookie-san was simply trying to keep Eri warm!  :D Oh yes, Cookie-san definitely saw something she liked  :inlove: we're talking Eri here, it's not that hard to see why.  :grin:
Ah! So kuma-san knew it!!, see Eri wasn't paranoid after all LOL
XD You mean, something like soul-mate telepathy?  :wub:
Yah, lol. Eri changed the subject but she failed there too, because the dork doesn't realise that even though she can't see them, the stars are always there. :nervous The real logic would be -- Eri: I didn't get your name; Cookie: I didn't give it. -- but I felt that was a tad cheesy so I went with something else  :lol: how many chapters left? I honestly have no idea. ^^ I've got everything planned out though. It looks like... maybe another 4 parts? No idea...
Oh, you have theories, do you? You have theories for everything  XD Hai hai. I know you're hoping to death it's AiEri. Well, we'll just have to find out, won't we.  :twisted:
Don't talk to me about manga, I can't read them for the life of me   :sweatdrop: but I'll take that as a compliment  :twothumbs THANKS, STEPH! That was a really enjoyable comment from you to read.  :k-inlove: hope you're writing too!  :heart:

@KirikomoriHime: If you're referring to this as an update, is it safe to say you've been getting frustrated with me too?  :nervous Man, it just makes me feel really bad about my updating (or lack thereof xD). Anyway. YOU. TakAika fan.  :P Thanks for popping out of hiding though; I'm always really happy to see more readers showing interest. Makes me feel like I'm writing for more than just myself.  :thumbsup You're another GakiKame hopeful?  XD I'm sorry to disappoint this time. ^^;
YossiEri - is cuuute. And, well, Yossie has a purpose here. Sorta.  XD I will show you more - go down to the video at the end of this post. :P
Thanks for commenting again, and hope you enjoy the next update!  :love:

@grac:  :mon lovelaff: you've already been burdened with my fangirling... so I'll keep it to a minimum here... but yeah. Just. THANK YOU. ;________; I love that drawing to bits! Toooo cuteee...  :tama-yeeaah: grac, you're the best. But you already know that.  :deco: :heart: and no, it's not Rika. As much as I love IshiKamei, I'm not going to be that obscure. xD Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. AND. You know it's coming. Update ON CALL. Pwetty please.  :mon love:

@kjpop: Ah! IshiYoshi fan!  :heart: what are you doing in this thread  XD
What's your usual on Friday then?  :P Awww. I'm glad you found something in this barely updated thread to enjoy. And I'm also glad you seized the opportunity to bug grac to update  :lol: you will be happy to know that I do as much as I can to push grac (without making her hate me xD) on the topic of On Call. Looks like a lot of us are in a bit of a rut with our writing. ^^;
Anyhow, thanks a lot for your comment and your encouragement! I'll definitely try to update when I can.  :P
P.S It looks like we have a mutual love for Guy-chan!  :deco:  I'm feeling an urge to write him!

@baddie: Hey there! It's been a while, huh. ^^ Hope you've been well!
YossiEri is an unusual pairing, yah, but they are cute. :love: Please refer to video at the end of this post. xD Some guesses have been thrown around already - you're not going to take one? Yah, you'll be finding out soon enough. Hope it's a pairing you'll be okay with. I never know with you guys.  XD
And I know that you actually have a fairytale story to be writing yourself  :P
You've also been following Secret Admirer? I've completely lost track of who's still reading  :lol: Hai hai, I won't forget. That's one damned story I have made a promise to see to the end.  :bleed eyes: Thanks for your comment!  :love:

---

Why YossiEri...

1. Yossie's prince-like, which fits nicely into the whole fairytale theme...

2. This:

^
The first time I saw that moment, I fangirled.  XD
Though I don't understand much of what's going on... I love Yossie's 'Eri-chan'... and the fooling around toward the end.  :wub:

Okay, that's all for tonight. Thanks to all of you guys again.  :luvuluvu:

Me to bed now. :3

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2011, 08:40:45 AM »
Blah, sorry for yet another delay.  :nervous

Next part to the fairytale.  :heart:

If you still don't know who Cookie is by the end of this part...

:sweatdrop:
(I will try harder? xD)

---

A Modern Day Fairytale
P A R T   T W O

Blank.

Not exactly just yet, but that’s the state I’m aiming to get my mind to. A blank. A nice, clean, empty blank. Because for quite some time now, my head hasn’t been able to stop buzzing.

There’s no time to exercise such brain power though – I glance sourly at my wristwatch – because I’m late.

As I approach the front gates at a hurried pace, I notice how much busier the park looks than usual. I bounce on my heels, once. Then I’m off, a knife through the crowd. I can’t afford the time to wade through this human tide with cutesy, traversing steps, only barrelling headfirst through it will suffice.

Once I’ve shoved my way past the packed entrance, it’s a little easier to breathe. On nimble feet, I quickly negotiate my way around a few pruned animal-hedges, ducking past a bronze statue and into a fork in the walkway. In my haste to turn a corner, I nearly go crashing into a couple. I step on my brakes just in time, suspending my forward momentum long enough for them to breeze past so that I can fall back into stride. Before I even reach my work station, I’ve already slipped clumsily out of my blazer, slung it over a shoulder, and somehow, even with a backpack dangling from the grip of one hand, secured my hair in a ponytail.

In my frenzy, I think I may have smacked somebody in the face. As intensely annoyed as my conscience is that I don’t backpedal and find that somebody to apologise to, I wave away the guilt trip that’s hovering too close for comfort and charge onwards, past game stalls and park attractions until I reach mascot centre. If karma finds its way back to me afterwards, then so be it.

This must be the third consecutive day that I’ve turned up a jiffy behind schedule. I don’t want to think about how many glares I’m going to get stabbed by the moment I show my apologetic face. My co-workers are cranky, and my supervisor even crankier. That should be incentive enough for me to be a little more organised and punctual, right? Right. But things aren’t always that easy. Some things are simply out of your control. Traffic, for one. Guys harassing you, another. When it’s a combination of both, that’s when it’s especially tricky trying to arrive at work on time so as to avoid another tedious dressing-down. I so don’t need one of those right now.

Weekends are hard enough as they are – it’s on these days that I take on the afternoon, evening and night shifts all in one go – pretty much until the park closes. I’ll need to start all of them on a good foot.

Once I ease into the day’s schedule though, it’s all smooth sailing from there. Cookie has been recognised as the park’s most popular mascot. I’m the only one who throws herself wholeheartedly into the job, the only one to really work up a proper sweat walking around, meeting, greeting and entertaining, posing for photos and handing out balloons. It wasn’t always like that at the beginning. This ‘career choice’ has required a bit of time to take root; it’s something that’s really grown on me over my three years working here. Sure it’s a taxing job at times, but I can’t see myself doing anything else now. This is it. This is what I want to do.

Unlike the others, who see this chiefly as a survival job and spend a good chunk of their work shifts begrudging the games attendants, concession staff and ride operators their positions, I’m in it for the long haul, the dreaded 8 hour shift; only the most sound of minds and athletic of bodies can toil through such ghastly a shift. My fellow mascots have to take turns with their stints. It feels a little lonely that I’m the only one who’s willing to ride out the 8 hours with little to no break. Cookie, the crackpot.

I spot my supervisor. Hideaki-san is standing just in front of the locker area, hands planted squarely on hips. When he hears my labouring breaths and the squeaking of my sneakers and knows I’ve arrived, he snaps his head in my direction, flashes me a hard look before dropping his gaze to his watch, taps it a few times in furious succession. Not happy, got it.

“Gomen, gomen, gomen, gomen!” I rattle off in a rapid-fire before he can get a word in. If I can put a quick wedge into this now, before his voice spills into the air and pollutes it, I should be safe. I sail right on past him, moving unerringly to the dressing room.

“Cookie!” follows his thunderous voice, like he’s got a boom box installed somewhere deep in his throat.

I flinch and halt in my tracks, tossing an impatient look at his overbearing form over a shoulder.

“Cream’s been out there by herself for the last twenty minutes. Is it fair to have your partner go solo at such a busy time of the day?”

“No, boss.”

“Best mascot or not, you shouldn’t make a habit of it. There’s no room for complacency on my team.”

“Yes, boss.”

When he says no more on the matter, I’m ready to turn and leave.

“Wait! We had a visitor this morning.”

Feeling the onset of a facial tic, I stop again. “Oh,” I say, not really interested.

“A girl, looking for you.”

I take a moment. “Oh?” My voice inflects, my eyes widen. Interested!

“Cute little thing,” he says, a little too dreamily, so I hit him (in my imagination). He clears his throat, not as inconspicuously as he’d probably hoped to. “She had your scarf. Said something about you offering it to her last night. We promised to give it to you and tried to take it from her, but she refused and clung onto it with claws.” A dazed expression crosses his face, like he’s reliving something in his head that he can’t quite make sense of. “Stubborn thing. Said she wanted to give it to you in person and asked you to meet her at the same time and place tonight.”

“Ah…” I say, trying to dodge his curious eyes, which has fixed a little too intently on me. I rub the back of my neck. “Okay.”

His eyes twinkle. “Well, if you’re busy tonight and you really can’t make the rendezvous, I can go in your stead…”

I give him a once over. His drum-like gut hanging over the belt, the greying bands of hair, his crinkly, pitted sun-wearied skin.

I don’t want this man anywhere near Eri.

“No, I’ll be good to go!”

As grateful as I am for everything he has done for me, robbing me of the opportunity to see Eri again is not something I’m going to sit idly by and allow.

“I hope you’re not slacking off and cutting time from work to see her,” he says gravelly. I’ve hung around long enough to know how he ‘works.’ He’s pressuring me to reconsider, but I hunker down and shake my head.

“No, of course not!” I clap both hands together and motion a quick apology. “I shouldn’t keep Rei-Cream waiting. Excuse me!”

Hideaki-san is a good guy, I’d be hard-pressed to question that, but I’ve noticed the shameless amount of time he devotes to flirting with girls (including those half his age, and those whose arms are accessorized with a boyfriend). Logical deduction: he must get a real kick out of being publically humiliated.

So. He’s got the pick of any girl in the amusement park to victimise – was it so hard to leave Eri alone?

Which brings me to my next dilemma.

While I’m getting into my bear costume, I fall back into my earlier daze.

Her name is Kamei Eri. I finally know her name. Kamei Eri…

The same thought. The same name. Both continually shimmering in my head like confetti.

The dreamy high of last evening hasn’t quite loosened its hold over me. I still can’t believe I actually did what I did. But the longer I’d watched her wait, the more twisted the knot in my stomach – I could hardly focus on my own duties. At the two-hour mark, my brain finally switched off and my legs began to move of their own volition. I was in front of her before I knew it. She was like a dream. And while she hadn’t regarded me with anything more than a tentative curiosity, it still hasn’t registered with me that I was that close to her, talking to her and joking with her and, sweet Kamisama, wrapping my scarf around her.

And NOW. She wants to see me again? Eri? She could’ve just handed them my scarf, and let that be the end of it. Was there really a need to see me again? Why would she go through the trouble? Wait. Wait wait wait! Maybe she… what if… b-but! No! I don’t want to hope. It’s too early to hope. Hope leads to a lot of things, and for me, it usually invites disaster. It’s when I don’t hope that things tend to not suck.

I have no idea how long I’ve been standing lost in thought outside the dressing room in my bear body with my bear head clasped under my bear armpit, because the next moment I’m rudely shaken from my daze.

COOKIE!

I jump and yell out, a string of vulgarities tumbling from my lips before I can vacuum them back in.

“LANGUAGE!”

I smash on my bear head and motion yet more apologies to Hideaki-san, who looks so unimpressed at this point I might begin crying but there’s a voice in my head reminding me I have a comrade out there who needs me right now.

I’m out of the building in record time.

Cookie, Cookie, Cookie.

I’m just ‘Cookie’ to Hideaki-san, aren’t I?

I wouldn’t describe myself as somebody who gives up easily. My persistence, though occasionally a real grief, is sometimes about the only thing I have to get me through at the end of the day.

But I’ve long given up on Hideaki-san calling any of us by our real names. He’s an infuriatingly unreasonable person when it comes to work ethics, you see.

He thinks by using our mascot names, he can foster inspiration. He thinks the others need to have these names drilled into them because it reminds them of their positions and their responsibility to deliver a persona. I would’ve been exempted from this, except it wouldn’t be the best thing to do in the name of team spirit. If any of our patrons caught us calling each other by our real names, our credibility would be compromised. Boss wouldn’t like that.

Don’t ask me why he treats the mascot division as though it’s the epicentre of the park. It’s so darned far from it.

I’m running and running and nearly tripping every few steps because it’s a chore trying to move at breakneck speed in a costume that’s all at once as big as a parachute and as tight as a wetsuit. Too many eyes turn on me. I can feel them, they’re curious because they’ve never seen a mascot move so fast without face-planting.

“Cream!” I yell, huffing and puffing as I zero in on her. I arrive just outside the central food zone, taking a moment to bend over, paws on knees, to catch my breath. “I’m really sorry!” Unhooking a bundle of balloons from a wire basket just behind a ticketing booth, I waste no time jumping right into work.

“Cookie!”

I cringe. No offence whatsoever to Reina, of course. It’s a reflex. I don’t like it when somebody I consider a friend calls me that.

I’ve tried to reason with her more times than I can count that away from the mascot house (where boss Hideaki likes to dilly-dally about), we should call each other by our real names. But Reina’s deluded. She’s convinced that Hideaki-san has somehow bugged our costumes and makes a hobby of listening in on everything we say. That doesn’t stop her from divulging raunchy details about her bed ventures with her Chinese girlfriend though (to which – within the security of my bear head – I either blush or gag). Needless to say, I have yet to find the guts to say that to Reina’s face. Don’t think I ever will.

Case in point: Cream’s foot ‘accidentally’ comes down hard on mine.

She waits for a group of teens to pass before leaning her bear head in, close to mine. “Why are you so late!” she hisses. “You know how long I’ve been out here all by myself? Trying not to bark at every crying runt and snotty adolescent that comes within two feet of me? You know I can’t deal with them!”

While she’s talking to me through gritted teeth, she doesn’t miss a beat handing out balloons and waving at nearby families. What a professional.

“Gomen, gomen, gomen.”

I wonder when it became a hobby of mine to apologise to people. Reina doesn’t like people who say sorry at the drop of a hat, nor does she like those who offer thanks just as flippantly. Reina doesn’t like a lot of things. Including irresponsibly late coworkers, but I don’t know how to explain to her that it isn’t because I’m irresponsible, it’s because life tends to be uncooperative at the worst of times. So I don’t explain.

I don’t think she likes the fact that I’m not explaining either, because she shoves the balloon – yes, shoves, she doesn’t hand the balloon to the poor kid, she shoves it into his hands, like the barbarian that she is. Panicked, I immediately seize the rest of the balloons from her. “Let me! Let me!” I say. She puts up a struggle but I quickly relieve her of her duty and nudge her to a side, indicating for her to take a moment to cool off.

Reina stands back, watching as I effortlessly slip into character. It’s a lot of fun entertaining the visitors. I draw out smiles and laughter with my over-enthused posing, dancing and spontaneous English, and I’m gifted with hugs and thanks in return.  I’m so in the zone after a while that I throw my arms up in the air and the fourth batch of balloons for the week drift up and away, lost to the skies. I easily ignore the cry of irritation from behind me as everybody else watches in delight.

When there’s a lull in the crowd, we migrate to our next temporary station, just out in front of one my favourite, favourite rides – the Lethal Claw. When riding it alone after hours (having bugged staff-san to leave it on and wait for me while I finish up a shift), I sometimes find myself thinking. Does Eri like the extreme rides as much as I do?

I’m quietly contemplating my decision to tell Reina about Eri. She’ll be completely shocked to learn how much closer I got to Eri in just one night!

I chuckle to myself.

“You saw her yesterday?”

Argh. Why does she always win?

“How’d you know?” I ask, injecting as much wariness in my voice as I possibly can, knowing she can’t see my narrowed eyes. 

“You were distracted the whole time. Even when we had to head off, you kept lingering back to the entrance. And the moment the shift was over, you didn’t walk me back to base. Didn’t even say anything, you headed straight in direction of the entrance. I figured as much,” she says, and I can practically hear her rolling her eyes.

I stay quiet for a moment. The silence is my embarrassment, but I hope she takes it as me just reflecting on things.

“Her name is Eri.”

“Oh, Eri-chan, is it? Does Eri-chan know you fancy the pants off of her?”

I hit Reina.

“I’ll take that as a no.”

Explaining to her that I’d approached Eri as Cookie and charmed her as Cookie and that the Princess hasn’t a clue as to who I really am takes a while, because Reina keeps cutting in with ‘you’re stupid’ and ‘why didn’t you just…’ and I’m not sure I want to share anymore because I’m feeling gloomier by the second.

Frustrated by her unhelpfulness, I press my lips together. I say nothing more. I’m not even finished recounting everything that had happened, but I’m too disgruntled to continue. Reina’s not usually this vexing to deal with; she’s being extra feisty today with her ‘schooling’.

“Then tonight,” she declares suddenly, “you’ll go see Eri. And you’ll do it as yourself, not Cookie. How about that?”

I was going to get to that part,” I say through gritted teeth. “I’m going to see Eri because she wants to return my scarf. That’s all.”

“But you can’t let that be all! It’s the perfect opportunity for you to get another foot in – ask for her number or something.”

“No!” I cry. “I can’t. She’s seeing someone.” Or at least she’s trying to see someone, I remark dolefully in my head.

Cream shrugs her shoulders. “I guess, if you’re willing to let that stop you…”

Afternoon turns to evening too quickly.

I sigh, and set off for my Princess at the bus stop.

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
Re: STORIES OF US --- [A Modern Day Fairytale] Part Two -- 24/SEPTEMBER
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »
Ai-chan? She's the only one I could think of xDD;;

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing you