JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsubaki Factory - HITORIJIME

Author Topic: Fire and Water [WMatsui OS]  (Read 8508 times)

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Fire and Water [WMatsui OS]
« on: August 23, 2015, 07:13:13 PM »
This fanfic is on indefinite hiatus.

Hello everyone,

This is a WMatsui one shot I'm writing for a prompt I received on my tumblr. I never wrote a one shot before, and I wanted to challenge myself into doing one. I hope I'll manage not to make it too long  :nervous

For now, I'm only posting a short teaser. Those who have watched the TV show it is based on might recognize it.

FIRE AND WATER
(teaser)

The 8 year old girl raised up a bit on her feet to try and take a peek through the keyhole of the door. Voices were coming from the inside of the room, and the dark, shoulder-length girl - although failing to hear what they were saying - knew very well that they were discussing about her future. Would she be able to stay amongst the other members of the water tribe despite being an abnormality?

A hand placed over her shoulder caught her off guard and she jumped, turning around to face the disapproving look of an imposing long, dark-haired man.

“It’s bad to spy, Jurina.”

Jurina lowered her head at the reproach, walking away when she felt a light push against her back. Her gaze traveled around her surroundings absent-mindedly, taking in, at first, the dark sky over her head - rain threatening to fall at any minute - then the stormy ocean facing her, her heart skipping a beat when waves came crashing violently against the beach. Her feet met the cold sand, sadness filling her chest at the idea that she would have to leave her home. She didn’t want to be separated from her family, but she feared the adults would never let her stay now. Why did she have to be different?

Lost in thoughts, a small girl seated on the beach not far from here suddenly caught her attention and she narrowed her eyes, wondering why she had not noticed her before, and what she was doing alone under this terrible weather. Curiosity got the best of her and she approached, studying the pale, long dark-haired girl once she was standing by her side. The quiet girl didn’t seem to have noticed her presence yet, absorbed in an intense observation of a peculiar shell in her hand.

“Hi,” Jurina said tentatively.

The shell slipped between the fingers of the very startled girl who gasped, and Jurina immediately felt bad for frightening her.

“I’m sorry!” Jurina apologized quickly, kneeling by her side and retrieving the shell from the sand, placing it back in her hand carefully.

“It’s alright,” the girl answered with a shy smile, surprised by the warmth emanating from her fingers as they briefly touched hers.

“I don’t remember seeing you here,” Jurina declared, watching the girl who was looking at the oddly shaped shell in her hand again. By her keen studying, she figured she mustn’t have been much older than her. “What’s your name?”

“I’m Rena,” the slightly pale girl replied, her attention shifting to her interlocutor in curiosity. “And you?”

“Jurina.”

The pale girl frowned. Despite the fact it was the first time she ever met this girl, she knew she had heard this name before. Wait.

“You’re her,” Rena murmured, her eyes widening in surprise as she studied her. People were depicting her as a monster, but she knew it couldn’t be true. Not when she was looking at her with such a gentle smile.

“I’m afraid I am,” Jurina replied, looking away in shame.

Her hand suddenly formed a small flame, and she was sure the simple act would make the girl run away. All the other children always did when she showed them what she was. Different.

“It’s beautiful.”

A short gasp escaped Jurina’s lips as she stared back at her in shock, noticing the sparkle in Rena’s eyes. Jurina was at a loss for words, not knowing what to make of it. Never in her life, since she had discovered she was the unique firebender in a water tribe, someone had looked at her with such an admiring look.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:51:04 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline key17

• Lone Wolf
  • Member+
  • ♡SKE48♡Matsui Rena♡WMatsui♡
Re: Fire and Water [WMatsui OS]
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 07:08:48 AM »
yeah!! it's beautifull!!  :heart: :heart:

continue please!!
☆LIVING IN DREAMLAND WITH PAPA JURINA AND MAMA RENA☆

-sorry for my bad english, still learning with uncle Sae :hee:

Offline purnamazaki

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • i'm just a trash !
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »
Yosshhhh !!
More onegaiii ...

Offline niineechan

• BANZAI~~~~~~~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just A Loner, Not A Loser
    • dwi.pratiwi.754
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 09:18:04 AM »
Somehow, this reminds me of 'Aang' n 'Kaze no Stigma' with those bender things. :P
Rena caught Jurina's heart by saying the fire is beautiful rather than being afraid like the others did..
:on GJ:
everyone
means
everyone
JKTroll48

Offline Raizel

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Beat Faster for Fanfiction
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 04:47:27 PM »
Oh I need more sopcharo-san.. :w00t:
Nice that you try new things by making OS, can't wait to see more of these.. :twothumbs

Offline junchan48

• Love SHIPPING :D
  • Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 08:28:48 AM »
Woaaaaah :luvluv1:
Rena-san loves you, i mean, your fire, Ju :shy1:
I need more, Sophcaro-san :pleeease:

Gonna wait for the next~~~~~ :twothumbs
Newbie. Yoroshiku Oneigashimasu ^^

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about this one shot. I was really planning on writing it in-between Partners and Warriors, but in the end I've been too busy with those two. That's why I've decided to write it once Destiny will be over.

Thank you for your understanding  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:22:34 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline yocelin17

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 05:49:42 PM »
Please take your time, and update it when you can
Usually a silent reader.

Sorry for my broken english, english is not my first language.

Kami-oshi: Kashiwagi Yuki

Offline Blackdawn

• Member+
  • Blackindisguise-tendtoforgetbutnotmahfavfics
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 12:10:55 AM »
 :on gay: :on gay: :on gay:

:on gay: :on gay: :on gay:

:kneelbow: :on drink: :ding:

Offline nezukara

• Member+
  • We live to make the impossible, possible~
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 12:19:07 AM »
Ah yay! I was about to ask you on tumblr about this OS! I remember being super interested back when you first announced it! But seriously, just take your time when it comes to this fic. No need to rush, as you've got two amazing ongoing fics to concentrate on as too!

Offline Darathon

• ecchi
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 06:04:02 AM »
Super intriguing. I'm getting a naruto/the last airbender vibe.

Please continue  :) it looks good!
Atsumina and Wmatsui for life.
Takamina Oshi!!!

Offline akbcoupleshipper

• Oshima Yuko for eternity, Saito Asuka for now
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
Wanna know what'll happen next.. Update soon please :twothumbs

Offline junchan48

• Love SHIPPING :D
  • Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 08:18:43 PM »
Souka~~~
Then just take your time. I love Partners and Warriors anyway, so I can patiently wait for this OS^^
Newbie. Yoroshiku Oneigashimasu ^^

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsubaki Factory - HITORIJIME