JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Gamble Funk

Author Topic: Yokozano a Yossy/Konno <-- this story on hold for now  (Read 7312 times)

Offline wings4dreams

• ecchi
  • Member+
Yokozano a Yossy/Konno <-- this story on hold for now
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »
Sigh I can't believe I'm starting another fic, I don't even have time to read other people's fics as it is and now I'm going to be spending twice as much time writing then before... :cry:

This is kinda a side story to 'Whip cream and Handcuffs'.  It's how Konno and Yossy got together. At first I was just gonna do and little oneshot, but after watching the Korean movie 'My Tutor Friend' I got inspired.  If you guys don't like this story or the pairing…oh well, I'm still gonna write this…

Also, this story won't interfere with the other one because that one is the main one I'm working on while this is jus a back up.

At first I was worried on how I could make this relationship be plausible, but now I'm mostly worried about characterization.  I haven't watched a lot on Konno, only enough to decide that she seems really sweet and shy like.  I don't think she could hurt a fly but there must be more to her then just that because she's like in karate and is very athletic (impressively so)…so that’s kinda the character I have in mind while writing her.  Sorry to the Konno fans if you think my characterization of her is wrong…

In which an impossible task is given.  Chapter 1

Konno Asami found that it was awfully hard to punch in numbers on her cell while her hands were trembling as much as they were.  After mistyping a few times she finally was able to enter her friend's number and hit send.  She anxiously counted the rings as she waited for the other to answer.  She let out a small whimper of displeasure when she counted up to five before it was answered. 

"Konkon! How are you?” A pleasant chipper voice practically yelled into the receiver.  After reading the incoming caller’s name Ogawa already knew who it was. 

Konno pouted a little.  “Not so well, Makoto...”

The cheeriness in Ogawa’s voice died as excitement turned into worry. “What happened?”

“They want me to tutor Yossy!” Konno whispered hoarsely.  “But I can’t do it! She won’t listen to me, she sees me as a junior, someone she can control.  She won’t take kindly to me bossing her around giving her lessons and such...”

Ogawa began to laugh.  “What were they thinking?  They should find someone else to do this.  Yossy’s like an alpha wolf, she expects everyone to do what she says especially the younger ones.  Remember how she treated Nigaki as her own personal servant?  There’s no way someone like you can control her!”

“Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence...” Konno sighed. “They act like just because I’m in school I’ve got lots of free time or something.  Let me tell you I’m not looking forward to baby sitting everyone’s favorite lovable baka...not only will I have to deal with Yossy, but I also have to worry about all the girls that adore her.  They will undoubtedly get mad if I do anything that would upset or insult their precious class clown...”

“.......

……………”

“Makoto?”

“....she’s not a baka.”  Ogawa stated tightly.  “And her wit is clever and genuinely funny I don’t think you could classify that as ‘class clown’.  She’s so much more then that.”

Konno sighed. “Case in point," she murmured under her breath.  "...well, Makoto, It’s been great talking to you I feel soo much better now...but I guess I’m just going to go and...”

“Wait!”  Makoto cried.  “I’m sorry!  Listen Konkon, I believe in you! Really!  I think you’re the type that can handle anything if you put your mind to it, and you can call me anytime you want.  I’ll be here to help you if you need it...”

Konno felt heat build up behind her nose, and her eyes began to prickle a good sign that she was near tears.  She suddenly wished her friend was right here in front of her, she had an uncontrollable urge to hug that cheerful girl tight and not let go.  Taking a deep breath she recomposed herself and barely audibly she murmured. “Thanks, Mako...I‘m probably going to need all the help I can get...”

A few days later Konno sat nervously in one of the spare unused conference rooms in the Hello Project building that all the girls worked and filmed at. Today would be her first lesson with Yoshizawa and she was more then a little nervous, she was told not to tell the other girl why they were having these lessons…just that it was for academic improvement.  The truth was, now that Yossy was leader, the company wanted to make sure she was on top of things.  They were afraid that she would not be brainy enough to support the younger girls in shows and stuff and would make embarrassing mistakes. 

Konno wrung her hands nervously when she realized that Yossy was late, she began to preoccupy herself by restacking the books and straightening the papers in front of her.  She raised her hands and gently fluffed her pigtails, then refolding her hands she placed them in front of her. So there she sat, erect at the head of the table and staring impatiently at the wall clock biting at her lips, and furrowing her brow in disdain.

All the sudden the quiet in the room was shattered as the door swung open and bang hard against the wall.  "Yo! Konkon!"  Yossy strolled confidently into the room, wearing tennis gear complete with a tennis racket sitting in a big bag she had thrown over her shoulder.  Yossy had some college ruled papers in her hand and was waving them around as she headed over the curvy haired pigtailed girl sitting at the end of the table. "You don't have to worry, I've got this all figured out!  Here…"  Yossy placed the papers in front of Konno on the table. 

Konno looked at the papers laying in front of her in confusion.  "They're blank, Yoshizawa-san…"

"Yup, but not for long...Listen, Konkon, I was thinking about this all night.  I really don't care for any kinda tutoring or whatever, but I figure the only way out of this is to actually do the work so that’s why I brought this paper with me…is it enough?  The schedule you gave me said the first lesson would be math right?"

Konno swelled in joy that Yossy was taking this so seriously.  She expected the other girl to rebel, not to bring paper or stay up all night thinking about the lesson…maybe tutoring Yossy would be a lot easier then she thought.  "Um…yes, that should be more then enough. So do you want to get started?"

Yossy laughed.  "Absolutely, I'm playing tennis with Rika in a little bit and I don't want to be late."

Konno smiled sheepishly.  "I like the confidence, Yoshizawa-san, but you're probably going to be late, there are like a hundred problems and they're pretty difficult…"

Yossy blinked at the smaller girl in surprise.  "Um…I think you misunderstood.  I'm not going to do them…you are."  Looking at the stunned expression on the other girls face Yossy shrugged resignedly.   "Look it's easy, you write the answers on this page and then when I come back, I'll copy the answers onto this other page and turn it in and tadaa…the work is done and meanwhile I was able to stare at Rika's hot bod in her skimpy tennis outfit …see? Great idea right?"

"What?! No, that's not…"

Yossy patted Konno on the head.  "Don't let me down kid."  And just as suddenly as she appeared Yossy marched right back out of the room but not without a quick wink and a wave goodbye to the gapping Konno who was sitting frozen in her chair.

Konno pressed her lips together and stared scornfully down at the papers Yossy had left.  She felt so humiliated. It was obvious that Yossy didn't respect her at all…she seriously felt like crying.  She just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible, so without another moments hesitation she grabbed one of the blank papers, flipped open the math book and began to write down the problems.  After she was done she left the answers and a few blank pages so that Yossy could copy them down, and left the room with her head hanging low.

As she exited she happened to run into Yossy's manager and a producer who had put together the whole tutoring thing in the first place.  She stared them in horror as they approached her. 

"Konno-san!  There she is!"  The produce who called out to her turned toward his companion.  "You see, doesn't this sight make you proud, she's only got a little bit of spare time and she uses it to help us out, now that's what I call dedication."

Konno smiled awkwardly as the producer walked over and patted her on the back.

Yossy's manager grinned and nodded eagerly.  "So how's she doing?  How's the work coming along?"

Konno looked at the floor guiltily.  "Well…let's just say the work will be turned in on time…"

The producer laughed good naturedly.  "That's great news, for some reason I was worried that she wouldn't cooperate…"

"Yeah…" Konno whispered weakly.  She felt tears building in her eyes, "Um…I've got to go…!"  She said suddenly, then seeing their surprised expressions she remembered that she was supposed to be tutoring Yossy now. "….to… the bathroom…" she added on slowly. The two men nodded in understanding, and bowing respectfully Konno walked quickly down the hall and away from them.  In the back of her mind she realized that either one of those men could check in the room and see that no one was there, but at this point, with tears streaming down her face, she found that she just didn't care…

After she had gotten home, taken a long relaxing hot bath and grabbed a piece of very comforting chocolate cake, she sat on the couch and immediately called Ogawa on the phone.

"Hey Konkon, What's up?  How did it go with Yocchan?"

Konno let out a shuttering breath.  "She walked all over me…"

"Aaah…yeah, I figured something like that would happen. What'd she do?"

Konno quickly relayed how Yossy said that she wouldn't do any of the work and left it for her to do.  "It was awful, Mako…"

"Hm…so did you actually do it?  The work?  Did you finish it?"

"Yes, but I didn't have a choice she just walked out without even asking me how I felt about it at all."

"You did have a choice, the choice of not doing it and letting her roast for not staying…"

"No, I couldn't do something like that.  She's still my friend even if she can be infuriating."

"So what? Are you just gonna continue letting her cheat?  How is that going to help her? What will she be learning then? That she can control people just because she's charming, funny, boyishly handsome...lots of fun...and soooo beautiful, not to mention her lips are soft and…"

"Stop!"  Konno exclaimed. "I'm starting to think I should ask someone else for help, someone who's just a little less in love with her then you are…"

Ogawa giggled.  "Sorry, Konkon, but you know how much I like her."

"I know, that's the problem, anyways what was your point in all of that drabble just now?"

"My point is that you're gonna have to do what not too many other people will dare…heh…you'll have to stand up to her."

"Stand up to her?"

"Yeah, don't let her get away with mistreating you! Show her who's the boss!  If she won't do the work then make her!  Everyone thinks you're just this simple little timid mouse, but truthfully there is a lot more strength in you then people give you credit for…you can do this, Konkon!  Don't back down and tell her what's what!"

Konno was truly inspired by Makoto's pep talk.  Her dour mood turned into one of determination, holding up a fist she nodded confidently.  "Yes, just you wait Yoshizawa-san!" 

"That's right," Ogawa's cheerful voice chimed in.  "Give her hell, Tiger!"

"I will! Thanks, Mako, tomorrow she'll do the lesson for sure!"

"Haha! That's the spirit! You can do it!"

"I can do it!"

"You can totally do it!"

"I can totally do it!"

After Makoto hung up the phone she stared at it ruefully.  "She can't do it…"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 01:47:19 AM by wings4dreams »

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
Great story! I'm glad that we'll be seeing how Konkon and Yossie ended up together.
This first chapter was hilarious! I was cracking up the whole time. I especially liked Mako's "she can't do it" at the end.
I love your portrayal of Yossie and Konkon and I can't wait to read more.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
“.......

……………”

“Makoto?”

“....she’s not a baka.”  Ogawa stated tightly.  “And her wit is clever and genuinely funny I don’t think you could classify that as ‘class clown’.  She’s so much more then that.”

Konno sighed. “Case in point," she murmured under her breath.
I love picturing Konkon being totally deadpan when she says this. :lol:

I didn't have a choice she just walked out without even asking me how I felt about it at all."

"You did have a choice, the choice of not doing it and letting her roast for not staying…"

"No, I couldn't do something like that.  She's still my friend even if she can be infuriating."
Mako's right. Friend or not, Konkon can't do the work for her. Sooner or later Yossi's going to be put to some sort of situation that could test what she's supposed to be learning here. If she skips out and just has Konkon do the work for her, she's going to completely crash and burn.

Time for some "tough love", Konkon. :yep:

Thanks, Mako, tomorrow she'll do the lesson for sure!"

"Haha! That's the spirit! You can do it!"

"I can do it!"

"You can totally do it!"

"I can totally do it!"
Mako/Konkon = :cool1:

After Makoto hung up the phone she stared at it ruefully.  "She can't do it…"
Mako = :err:

XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
Oh wow... this is different! Yet familiar! I can't wait to see how it develops.

XD GANBARE KONKON!!

It's nice to see different characters take protagonist roles, i haven't read a story in which konkon was lead for quite sometime now.
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline iluvaznmen

ahahahahahaha this is great!!!!!!! you used two girls that I actually know!!! oh and that other one... I know her too

your fic was good!!!! I love how.... ogggiiiiiieeeee????? something or other *swears she knows her* was all "YOU CAN DO IT KONKON!!!!!!!"
and then hangs up and is like "chhhh~ no you can't!" hahahahahahaahahah made me think of you!  :mon butt:

^^^ ................... I totally agree with Ogawa... I don't get why Konno is trying to 'stereotype' Yossy into being a baka when she is really beautiful, sexy, confident, bold, blunt... manly hahahahaha I love Yossy!  :heart: she's so cute~

btw everybody I am this.... should I say writers?? sister.... YAY for me!!!!!!!  :otomerika: I am so lucky!!!!.. envy me
*cough*-nodon't-*cough*
update on it soon Christi~

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Whooo, now this is what I wanna read! When I first read that KonKon was Pookie, I was like :shocked: How did that happen?! But I like the way you portray KonKon. Truthfully, I don't know much about her either and I've come to the same conclusion that you have. So she sounds great, imo. Mako-chan is hella funny too! But Yossy, whoo, she's milking KonKon's brain and kindness for all its worth.
Great so far! :D

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
This seems interesting..I wanna know how they end up together :P Keep up the good job!

On a side note, I NEED WHIPCREAM AND HANDCUFF!!!!!! :( XD :lol:

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
Good, now we're going to have some answers as how Yossie and Konkon got together. The start's interesting, even though Yossie's being kinda bad... Keep it up!  :grin:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
:lol: YAY, just want I imagined, the annoying jock gets tamed by the cute smart girl :D
I'm really glad Yossy grew up, she's a bit *cough* here! :P

Mako is so awesome, as usual, but wait... How does she know what Yossy's lips feel like and even more importantly, how will she feel when her best friend hooks up with her long time crush :cry: Poor Makokoko :(

@iluvaznmen: (love the name btw XD :heart: ) Welcome sis :D I do envy you, you're sister's not a bitch! ;) Haven't we heard about you before, hmmm? At least you're here to support her as well, that's really sweet, now spill all her secrets :twisted:

Offline iluvaznmen

thank-you for the welcome lollipopgirl!  :k-thrilled:
I have a feeling we'll be good friends  :onioncheer:
yes, she talks about me a lot... but can you really blame her? I'm like next to perfection  :mon beam: kidding kidding haha
you're right, my sisters not a bitch... she just needs more... meds? for her insanity  :mon closeup: :rofl:

Christi!! we need yo update!!!! what's wrong wit you girl??!!! get on it!!  :mon blowhorn:

wow these smileys are really cute!! have you guys ever REALLY looked at them? like this one   :sleep: <<<< so cute~
and this one  :hip drool2: <<< haha a drooling booty.. ewwww~ and this  :temper: <<<<reminds me of Christi *shudders*
and this one  :mon zoom: <<<he's slingin the poo hahaha too cute!!! omg.. I'll be here all day with these things so I'll stop there~ but this one's cute too  :imdead: <<< he scratches his butt!! awww~

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
NOOOOO, no meds... meds are bad, we like her being insane... That's how we get crazy things like friendship tongue and Pookie :P But, for your own sanity I will allow you to sedate her at night time when she isn't writing or working :)

Be careful there sis, the smileys are so adorably cute they can easily become a sad addiction... I think you're already on that path :cry:
Btw, this is the cutest of them all:  :gmon nya: :heart:

Offline wings4dreams

• ecchi
  • Member+
Well I'm posting this even though it's short.  I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting out the next chapter of W & H.

CrypticShadow8 : Yeah, I hope to protayed them well, but it's proving to be kinda difficult  :sweat:  They may end up getting more then a little OOC

JFC: It's true about Konno having to stand up to Yossy, but let me tell you as a shy girl myself, that is a very hard thing to do.  Stand up to someone who's confident and popular, esp when it's so much easier to give into them. Konno might have to use her brain instead of her backbone to get her through this...

poets : Now that you mention it...I haven't read a story starring Konno either. As it is I only used her, because my younger sister (who's not a fan of musume at all)  mention from the few things we had watched together that she liked Konno the best and it suprised me. So I started noticing her more in the background and realized that she and Yossy were together a lot and no one notices...almost like a secret.

iluvaznmen : Misti!!!! You commented!!!!!!! Sooo happy *faints*  lol yeah I guess it is kinda like me. I am the type to let others walk all over me.  Also
ogggiiiiiieeeee????? something or other *swears she knows her*
   XD Also don't get too hooked on the smilies, it's as strawb3rrykream says.  The smilies slowly began to control you...beware... b/t/w I like this one  :onionwhip: but don't know when I can use it.

strawb3rrykream : lol Yossy seems like the type who might use the younger girls without even thinking its bad.  maybe like a '*shrug*they wanted to do it' attitude. And yes the meds are bad! liquor is quicker...heh 

tito : Acually I'm not exactly sure how they're going to end up together either...I need to learn to plan my stories better.

Grisours: I know. Yossy Is soo bad she really needs some  :whip:  Hopefully Konno is up to the task...

thanks everyone for you comments, here's the next part.

In which a cold fish has its way.

Konno sat in the conference room smiling up at the wall clock, she didn't even care that Yossy was a little late. It had been a week now and everyday Konno had happily presented Yossy with the answers, and today Yossy was getting a review from the bigwigs on how well the studying has been going.   

Konno stretched her arms far in front of her excitedly taping her fingertips against the surface of the table. In truth her first plan, thanks to the encouragement of Mako, of standing up to Yossy had failed, the other girl just laughed it off thinking it was a great joke and dropped off more paper. She'd never forget how she was embarrassed a second time when she heard Yossy say as she left…'Hey, Miki! You'll never guess what this cute girl said to me just now!  It was sooo adorable…."

Konno realized that the direct approach wouldn't work…so she had come up with a new plan, and quietly for the rest of the week willingly wrote down the answers. 

She smiled pleasantly when Yossy came into the room. She was holding the first week's reports in her hands and reading through them in a high state of confusion.

"Hello, Yoshizawa-san," Konno said in the sweetest voice she could muster.  "How did the review go?"

Yossy looked up at Konno and several different emotions flashed in her eyes, hurt, anger, confusion, disappointment and finally realization.  Her eyes began to sparkle in mischief.  "It could've been better…" she said casually.

Konno tilted her head to the side.  "Oh really? How did you do?" Konno did her best to appear as innocent as an angel.

Yossy smirked up humorlessly at the ceiling before letting her head drop and shaking it back and forth in disbelief.  Slowly like a predator she made her way over to the completely innocent looking girl sitting at the head of the table, and much to the discomfort of the other walked behind Konno's chair and leaned down till her lips were a hairsbreadth from the other girl's ear. Gently she reached over Konno's shoulder and placed the week's progress review in front of her on the table.  "Ya know," she breathed into Konno's ear, making the other squirm. "…If I study real hard…I may just have the smarts of a chimpanzee…what do you think, Teach?"

Pretending that Yossy's proximity wasn't bothering her she began flipping through the pages critically.  It was hard not to laugh at some of the ridicules, over the top, answers that even a child could see were wrong, but Yossy never bothered to check any of the work she copied. Konno pressed her lips together and took a second to compose herself before answering.  "Well, going by these answers, I think you're setting your goal a bit too high…maybe the smarts of a small lab rat…but look on the bright side at least you did well in the math…"

Konno could feel Yossy shaking a little behind her and was wondering if the other was mad enough to hurt her.  She gulped and squeezed her eyes shut preparing for the worst.  When she heard some strangled sounds of laughter she turned toward the other girl in surprise.  "Aren't you angry?"  She asked curiously.

Yossy stood up and stretched her arms above her head, still grinning like a fool.  "Not really, I mean the extension to my tutoring lessons kinda sucks, but…" She paused seeing Konno's incredulous look, Yossy laughed and pushed the other girl's shoulder playfully.  "Hey, I'm man enough to admit when I've been pwned…I guess this means you're gonna stop giving me the answers, huh?"

"Nope, it just means that you're going to have to actually check every answer to make sure it's correct."

Yossy raised a hand to rub at the back of her neck.  "Gee…if that's the case I might as well just sit down and do the work myself…"

Konno smirked smugly. 

"…that's what you were hoping I would say, right?"

The smirk was replaced by a frown.

"Yeah, I admit you got me good, but I still have no intentions of wasting my precious time in any of these books…although I must say…your cool points?  Through the roof, girl! Seriously, I didn't think you had it in you....I'm totally impressed."

Konno gaped at her sempai surprise.  "You can't be serious.  Just do the lessons, Yossy!  It's just for two hours in the afternoons, surely you can spare that much time out of your schedule and get the worksheets done.  Look at me, even with my schooling I was able to squeeze the tutoring in."

Yossy snorted.  "I'm not like you Kon Kon.  I have a life."

Konno felt herself growing angry with the crass girl in front of her.  "I have a life, Yoshizawa-san."  She bit out sharply. "Some of us happen to think that there is more to living then just chasing skirts and adding notches to one's belt."

Yossy laughed.  "Yeah right, only people who've never had a notch feel that way…buuut…I wouldn't expect a cold fish like you to understand that."

"What?!"  Konno stood so fast she almost knocked her chair over, and she marched in Yossy's direction. "I'm not cold!"

Yossy hugged herself and began to shiver dramatically.  "Brrr! Stay back! That shoulder is like ice! This girl who's probably never even kissed is about to attack me using her built up sexual frustration energy. Noo! If only I hadn't started talking about cold fishes…my one weaknessss…" she begin laughing.

Konno grabbed the other girl's arm.  "Stop it!  Just because I don't go around kissing everyone I see doesn't make me a cold fish…"

Yossy turned suddenly and thrust her face toward Konno's.  "…then how many?"

Konno was taken aback at the question and Yossy's sudden proximity.  "How many what?"  she breathed.

Yossy grinned.  "Kisses. How many?"

Konno bulked.  "That's none of your business!"

"Ahh…so you haven't, huh?"

"W-what?  Of course I have!"  Konno felt embarrassed that that lie just slipped, and now she knew she would have to defend it or look like a fool. "Am I a kid? Kissing's not that big of a deal…"

"Okay then, kiss me."  Yossy smirked mockingly. "If you're not a cold fish, this little task will be no problem for you."

Konno stiffened and her eyes drifted to Yossy's lips, her mind quickly working to try and get a hold of the quickly escalating situation.  It didn't help that Yossy had moved even closer and tilted her head to give Konno easier access.  Konno tried to formulate words as her heart raced inside her.  "…uh…s-studying, we should be studying…we should get to work…"

"Tell you what," Yossy murmured her breath tickling across Konno's mouth.  "Kiss me and I'll do the work willingly for the rest of our sessions…"

Konno's eyes widened at the proposition.  "Really?"

"Mmhm."

"Okay then…"  Konno squeezed her eyes shut and pursed her lips.  Internally a battle was raging.  Did she really want to experience her first kiss like this?  It will be with someone who doesn't care about her or the kiss.  Then again, if she did it, Yossy would listen and behave during all the lessons.  After all it was just a little kiss, right?  A peck.  No problem…

…yet even with all the self reassurances she couldn't do it. She moved her face away from the other and hung her head in defeat. "I can't. You win, I've never kissed before."  she muttered.

Yossy shook her head bemused.  "Is a kiss really so important?"

"To me it is. I want my first kiss to be with someone I care about…"

Yossy nodded slowly. "Cold fish..."

"I am not!  And besides, who cares?  We should be studying! Not talking about kisses and cold fish, which I'm not by the way."

Yossy shrugged.  "Whatever.  I don't feel like goofing around with you when all you want to do is keep bring up the studing every five seconds. I'm out of here!"  Yossy turned and strood out the door.

"Yossy, no!"  Konno cried after her but it was too late.  "Their watching you…"

Her tutor's cry fell of deaf ears as Yossy was to determined to get out of there to heed the call of a cold fish.  Yossy was whistling happily as she trudged down the hall but the sound caught in her throat when she ran into her manager standing in the hall.  He narrowed his eyes at her menacingly.

"You're not skipping out of the tutoring I painstakingly put together are you?  Well?  You better be behaving Hitomi or I'm gonna have some of your privileges taken away.  Cell phone? Bye bye.  The fancy little car you like to zoom around in? history.  Your lunch dates with the others girls that the staff overlooks? No more.  Do you understand? Or should I keep going?  Because if you…"

"Whoa! Hold it!"  Yossy exclaimed.  She had paled considerably after his warnings and was giving a nervous, sheepish laugh.  "Of course I'm not skipping out of those wonderful lessons you have provided for me…I'm just…uh…"

Her manager was wearing a doubtful expression. 

"…uh, getting a glass of water for my hard working Tutor, I'll just be heading on my way now…" She tried to step around him but he blocked her.

"Well, is that all?  What a coincidence, I have some bottled waters in the lobby.  Come with me…"

Yossy begrudgingly followed her manager, accepted the bottles and was escorted back to the room she left.  As she dourly walked inside her manager called out. 

"I better see some improvement this week Hitomi or I'm taking something away."

"Whatever." Yossy muttered as she closed the door and turned to look at the gloating girl leaning on the table.

"Ready to learn?"  Konno asked pleasantly.

For the rest of the session Konno read happily from some books while Yossy sat with her chin on the table staring bored at the wall.

When Konno got home later she was on cloud nine.  Yossy sat with her the whole lesson and didn't say a word, sure it wasn't exactly participation, but it was nice to lecture and not be the one who was sitting alone in the room doing the work by herself.

She immediately called Ogawa and told her about what had happened.

"She what?!" Mako screech at her.

And Konno realized that she probably should have left out the almost kiss.  "It's not a big deal. She was just trying to ruffle my feathers.  It's not like I did it, or anything." But the explanation fell on deaf ears.

"Why?"  Mako was crying.  "Why couldn't I have been the tutor?  I'm not a cold fish! That kiss should've been mine! Noooo…!"

"You're just like her," Konno stated disgustedly.  "Just because I want a romantic kiss with someone I love doesn't make me a cold fish. I don't do that with just anybody."

"It wasn't just anybody! It was Yossy!"  Ogawa rebuffed. "Who wouldn't kiss Yossy if she gives them permission?! A cold fish that’s who!"

Konno groaned.  "I'm not gay! Did you ever think about that?  Why would I want to kiss another girl?"

"…but its Yossy…"

"It doesn't matter! I don't see her like that.  I like boys. I want to date boys, and when I kiss I want it to be a boy."

"You're so weird."

"because I like boys?"  Konno asked incredulously.

"You didn't kiss Yossy, when her lips were like right there! All this time, I never knew my best friend was a cold fish!"

"I'm not a…you know what? I give up! You and Yossy can think whatever you want. Just as long as she does the lessons and doesn’t' give me any more trouble."

"You do know that that's not gonna happen right?  Keep on your toes Kon Kon, she'll probably have a new plan tomorrow…"

"I don't think so, Mako-chan.  There's no way she can get out of the tutoring now, their on to her."

"Oookaay, but don't say I didn’t warn yooou~" Ogawa stated in a sing song voice.  Then after a moments hesitation she added under her breath. "Cold fish."

"I am not!"

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
I reckon KonKon will manage to teach her something! After all, lunch dates with Miki are at stake here! I mean, come on! Who would want to lose their phone and sweet ride? Not me...except I don't care as I don't go out or have a car and my phone is crap and teh only reason I wouldn't want that to get taken away is because of some pics... and some txt messages that are not for my mothers eyes..... let's leave it at that XD

And I like this story btw! It's really nice. But don't forget the handcuff whip chain thingy story either ok? anywwayz, update soon!
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Konkon's plan = :thumbsup

And Konkon's right. Just because she wants to wait does NOT make her a cold fish. :yep:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
 :lol:

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
The humour level is just incredible!
Yeah everyone will kiss Yossi if given the chance! Oh well but forbidden fruits are more attractive :yep: ........

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Konkon!!!! :lol: But Mako was the icing on the friggin cake!!!! XD XD O0 So perhaps a similar challenge to this will bring them together? :grin:

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
I change my last post! I got a sweeet phone now... btw, where's the next chap? I'm waiting....... still waiting... but I wont be waiting long!

ok I will be waiting long, but hoping I only have to wait short!
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
Re: Yokozano a Yossy/Konno story Ch.2 (In which a cold fish has its way...)
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 02:06:26 AM »
aww there hasn't been an update for a while? And I love how this story is turning out very funny I want to see what happens next I really do hope you update soon.

Offline wings4dreams

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Yokozano a Yossy/Konno story Ch.2 (In which a cold fish has its way...)
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 05:33:55 AM »
sweeety: lol sorry about the wait, and congrats on the sweet phone, coincedently I just got a new one myself  ;) (unfrtunately it got me fired from my job  :doh:)

JFC:  yeah, you're right it doesn't, but stillll...it's Yossy were talking about here!  isn't that just a little cold fishy?  :mon noprob:

kRisZ :D

tito : thnks I'm glad you think its funny.  my main goal is such that if the story is nothing else, it at least will have some humor...
Yeah everyone will kiss Yossi if given the chance!
i would  :gmon shy:

strawb3rrykream:
So perhaps a similar challenge to this will bring them together?
  uh oh...someone's guessed something.... :hee:

writerjunkie:  lol thanks for the post, truthfully i got caught up in my other story and kinda forgot all about this one....sorry about that.  :mon sweat:

Chapter 3

In which a nuff is enough!

Oh…she's good. Konno smiled humorlessly at the gloating futsal captain at the end of the long conference table in their study room.  Even from her perch on the other end of the table Konno could clearly see the 'I'm the ish' smirk curling the edge of Yossy's thin, attractive lips that Konno was fervently wishing she had kissed yesterday.  Not because of any kinda, hidden desire or whatever, but because for the first time Konno could really appreciate the other's cleverness.

Slowly her focused, close uped gaze panned back from her tutoree without breaking eye contact.  She barely registered the paper ball being thrown across the room by a giggily Sayumi who wanted to badly have Eri's attention sitting across from her or the pen fly from Renia's fingers as she practiced difficult spin illusions with it on her fingertips much to the fascination of Ai-chan, not to mention Koharu and Risa who were busy hand jiving loudly together. Yes…Yossy brought all of morning musume to their little conference room, telling them it was a new way she wanted to spend time together, and these girls apparently did everything Yossy said without question.

Konno's eyes shifted to Miki who was devouring Yossy with a heated, hungry expression and Konno groaned.  Out of all the girls there Miki intimidated her the most, if Miki hadn't been there Konno would have had a much better chance of controlling the others and tutor to Yossy.  But she had a feeling Miki wouldn't be up for tutoring any more then Yossy was…

So here Konno sat, textbook lying open in front of her and no work being done.  Konno knew she had to do something…but what? She cleared her throat loudly, but no one paid her any attention.  Next she tried clapping, this also had little success, finally she had had enough, standing she raised the heavy textbook above her head and let it fall to the table with a loud slam.  Everyone started in surprise and looked at Konno horrified, except Miki and Yossy, one just glared while the other looked highly amused.

Once she had everyone's attention, Konno wasn't quite sure what to say.  Yossy had successfully ruined the tutoring and Konno felt the need for a little revenge.  With determination she finally spoke.  "Sorry if I startled everyone, but I thought that since we're all here we could do a little, um, bonding exercise."

Yossy rocked back on her chair and laughed.  "You mean bond over learning about the history of Japan?  Heh, no thanks,"

Miki scoffed as well.  "Yeah, that sounds dumb…"

Konno gave Yossy a 'look' and turned her attention on the other girls in the room.  "No really, I want to play a fun little telephone game." Konno saw that she had the interest of the babbling group in front of her so she continued.  "This game is easy and fun, we'll do it in a half table round to see if everyone likes it. I'll start it and I'll whisper something into Risa's ear who's sitting to my left, then she'll repeat it to Koharu and Koharu to Sayumi till we finally get to Yossy, and as the last person Yossy must stand and repeat the phrase when it gets to her no matter what it is, and then I'll tell you guys if the phrase is right or not, want to play?"

"What about us?" Takahashi asked gesturing to the girls sitting next to her on the right side of the conference table.

"The next round will be that side."  Konno reassured.  "And if we really like the game we might start doing it around the whole table instead of just half."

Miki frowned.  "Can't we just start by doing the whole table?"

"No!"  Konno exclaimed a little too forcefully.  "Uh, that is, I…just want to start it like this first…"

Miki shrugged.  "Whatever."

"Alright," Konno breathed.  "Here we go…" leaning over Konno whispered something, rather long, into Risa's ear.

Risa's face scrunched up perplexed. "EHH?!"  She sat back and crossed her arms shaking her head.  "Should I really repeat this..?  Maybe I miss heard…Konno, can you repeat what you said?"

"No, you have to say whatever it is you think I said, you don't get a chance to rehear it and that goes for everyone."

Risa inclined her head, "okaaay."  Leaning over she whispered the long message into Koharu's ear who began to giggle. 

"Leader!"  Koharu exclaimed looking over at Yossy.

Yossy sat forward extremely interested.  "So it's about me, huh?"

Koharu, grinning a bit, began to whisper into Sayumi's ear but paused midway a look of confusion on her face.  "Um I think I forgot some things…"

"Just do the best you can." Konno supplied.

With a shrug Koharu finished relaying the message the best she remembered to Sayumi who sat back in her chair with a mysterious smile.

"Hurry, tell me."  Yossy demanded eagerly shaking the younger girls shoulder.

Sayumi held up her hand.  "Wait a minute. Give me a sec to see if I got this right…"  Lips moving she repeated what she had heard quietly to herself.

"Com'on!" Yossy groaned.

Grinning over at Konno, Sayumi cupped Yossy's ear and proceeded to whisper the phrase to her.

Yossy's face went from curious, to incredulous, to horrified.  She sat back red faced and looked at Konno in wonder.

"Well?"  Konno prompted.  "Won't you tell the rest of us what the statement is?"

All eyes in the room focused on the blushing, quiet tomboyish girl who was staring in stunned silence at Konno.  Finally she spoke, "Um…this game is dumb, let's play something else…"

"Hey!"  Koharu protested.  "That wasn't the phrase!"

Reina rolled her eyes. "No duh. The leader's obviously too afraid to say Konno's little statement…"

"I'm not afraid!" Yossy barked angrily at the yankee.

"Ch, whatever…" Reina muttered.

"Come on, Yoshizawa-san, they're just words, it's not like it means anything."  Konno murmured innocently.

Miki nodded. "Uhn, just say what it is, we won't think any differently of you…"

The room went abuzz with the girls all begging Yossy to repeat the phrase out loud, all except Konno who stared at Yossy knowingly, a smile playing on her lips.

Yossy never broke eye contact with Konno as she stood suddenly to her feet, sending her chair crashing down behind her. With a stern face she hollered, "Yoshizawa-san is a spoilt, small minded pervert, who has no manners and wears boy underwear with fish net stockings and high heels!"

The whole room burst into laughter, Miki looked like she was about to die and had to wipe the tears flowing from her eyes, Reina was clutching her stomach as she laughed, while Takahashi covered her mouth with her hand not sure if its okay to laugh or not. The other side of the table looked at each other with confusion, the message had definitely changed somewhere along the line.

Once the laughter had quieted down everyone turned to Konno.  It was time for Konno to say whether or not the message had made it all the way down the table without changing. Clearing her throat she said coyly.  "Yup, that statement is absolutely right."

This started a fresh round of giggles.

Risa looked at her curiously.  "No its not, what you told me was much different, I think Koharu screwed it up.  There was nothing about boy underwear or fishnet stockings or high heels…"

Konno shrugged.  "Doesn't matter, now for the other side, starting with Ai-chan and ending with Yoshizawa-san…"

"Hold it!"  Yossy called.  "Why don't we start from me this time and end it with you?"  Her eyes sparkled dangerously.

Konno nodded slowly, "Okay, we can start with you, but we'll do one full circle and end with Sayumi that way everyone gets a chance."

"What? That's not…" Yossy started, but was interrupted as all the girls chimed in their agreement that it would be more fun if everyone plays. Yossy grit her teeth. "Fine, one full circle…"  Then without further ado Yossy walked over to Takahashi and curtly told her they were switching seats, in which Takahashi complied without complaint. Once Yossy was seated next to a cringing Konno, she grinned and nudged Konno playfully before turning and whispering something quietly into Reina's ear. 

Reina snorted and smirked at the heated whispered words being poured into her ear.  Her eyes drifted to Konno and she shook her head as if to say, 'boy oh boy, are you going to get it…'

Konno watched with sinking dread as the statement drifted around the table and the reactions of each of the girls as it got closer to her.  Once Risa had taken in the statement she looked at Konno in wide eyed wonder, before a smile crept across her features.  She wiggled a beckoning finger for Konno to come closer, in which Konno immediately complied. 

Konno sat back from the girl stoned faced, and slowly looked about the room a blushed painted on her cheeks.  The statement was ridicules, and she tossed a glared to the grinning tomboy at her side.  However, fair was fair Yossy quoted out hers, Konno would bravely do the same.  Slowly she pushed back her chair and made her way to her feet, feeling nervous she bent over slightly and pressed her palms against the hard cold surface of the conference table.  "Asami Konno is a cold fish who likes to watch dirty movies at home with her cat and Tsunku."

Of course laughter erupted again and red faced Konno sat back down in her chair.  Yossy was howling like a loon and without any prompt was calling out.  "Yup, yup, true, exactly true!"

After this everyone had a turn and dispite the fact that no work was done, Konno had to admit it was a pretty funny afternoon.  Still though, she wished Yossy wouldn't play these games with her…

Saddened Konno watched as everyone said goodbye and plied out of the room, all except Yossy who hadn't moved and chose to just sit there and stare at her tutor.  Konno pretended the other wasn't in the room and quietly began to stack up the paperwork and shove it between the pages of the work book she had brought. She walked around Yossy's chair to leave, but was blocked when the other planted a foot against the room's wall blocking Konno's exit with her foot. "What?" she grumbled without looking over at the annoying tomboy next to her.

When there was no response Konno finally turned and faced the girl blocking her way.  "What?"  She repeated a little more briskly.

Yossy still had that strange look as she stared at her tutor and slowly a smile melted over her features.  "You're so weird…"

Konno bristled insulted.  "Yes, well, if you don't have anything constructive to say then I'll just be going!"  As she pushed past, Yossy called…

"Same time tomorrow?"

"Unfortunately."  Was the reply, Konno was more then just a little sore that Yossy wasn't taking her or the lessons seriously. Chin stubbornly in the air, Konno marched out of the room.

Konno walked the hallways of her school deep in contemplation.  After the fiasco yesterday, Konno knew something would have to be done to get Yossy to cooperate.  If they kept carrying on like this no work would ever get done, and Konno was determined to teach Yossy something, even if it killed her.  She needed a way to make Yossy obey that didn't resort to kissing.

What could she do though?  What did Yossy love as much as she loved chasing girls? 

Konno was so focused in fact that she didn't even see the other person standing in the hall until she ran into him with a hard thump.  Books, paper, and several pens fell with a clatter to the floor by their feet.  Konno let out a sharp gasp and immediately went to work trying to pick up and sort the fallen objects, pulling her stuff to her chest and handing things that weren't hers to the other student.  "I'm sorry! I'm soo sorry! I didn't see you and I was…!"

"Whoa, whoa, it's okay!" he laughed a little at her frantic fumbling, and placed a hand on hers to stop the crazed movements of her trying to pick up the school supplies.

Konno paused at the sight of the dusky, masculine hand placed over her own slim, pale one. "um…"  she slowly picked up the last paper and gently placed it in the pile balanced on his arm. "Are you okay?"

"It takes more then that to hurt a Spaniard."  He said with a smile in his voice.

Konno shyly looked up at the stranger and quickly looked away in surprise, a blush staining her cheeks.  He was easily the best liking guy she had ever seen, and that says a lit considering that she was in the entertainment business and saw hot looking guys all the time.  She heard him chuckle and her ears burned even brighter.

"Hello."  He greeted his voice heavily accented.  "I'm a new student here, my name is Mano."  He held his hand out to her.

Shyly she placed her hand in his and allowed him to firmly shake it.  "Nice to meet you, I'm…well, you probably already know who I am…" she laughed a little nervously.

He gazed at her blankly, his thick dark brows meeting in confusion.  "Uh…are you the class president?  I'm sorry, but I haven’t been here long enough to know…"

It was her turn to look confused.  "Class president?  No, no, I…" realization struck her. "…you don't know who I am…" she murmured in wonder.

He shrugged slightly with an apologetic look, a smile curving at his lips, causing him to dimple handsomely.  "No sorry …but I'd like to get to know you…" then he laughed, embarrassed when he realized what he said kind of sounded like a cheesy pickup line.  "…Uh…I mean that in the most non-creepiest way possible."

Konno smiled politely.  "Its okay I know what you meant.  So is this your first day?'

"Yes, and I seem to be having trouble finding my way around, I can't even my first class."

"Here, let me see…" Konno waited patiently as he fumbled through the jumbled papers in his arms before handing her the one his schedules was printed on.  As she looked over it, she heard Mano clear his throat and murmur.

"You still haven't told me what your name is…"

Konno pulled her eyes from the piece of paper in her hands to look up at the exotic foreigner with the light caramel complexion.  She briefly wondered if he would recognize her if he heard her name, but decided to tell him anyways.  After all, if he didn't recognize her face it's doubtful he'll know her name, but just in case the decided to give him her given name.  "My name is Asami."

"Asami."  He repeated as if testing the word on his lips.  "That is a beautiful name."

Konno blushed with pleasure at the friendly compliment and not knowing what to say in response, she simply said a quiet 'Thank you' and changed the subject quickly to the location of his class.  " Okay, so all you have to do is go to the end of the hall and take a right down the long corridor there, then you go to the third door on the left most corner and go inside, now listen carefully because the rest of this gets a little tricky…"  Konno trailed off as she could see he seemed a little lost and doubtful at her words.  It was apparent that he was having a little difficulty keeping up with her fast spoken directions.  She pursed her lips and tipped her head to the side as she gazed at him.  "Actually, I've got a little time, my next class is study hall so if you want, I can just guide you there myself."

Mano smiled in relief.  "Yes, I would like that very much."

As they walked, Konno realized that Mano was not only more handsome the more you looked at him, but he was also very intelligent and easy to talk to.  It wasn't hard to see that the two of them could be very good friends, they had a lot in common.  From just one stroll with him through the halls of her school, Konno knew without a shadow of a doubt…that she was in love.

That night, once she had gotten back to her apartment, she headed straight away to her charger that was sitting on the little table next to her couch and hooked up her cell phone.  Once the phone was no longer in danger of turning off on her in the middle of a conversation, she picked up the phone and dialed Ogawa's number with trembling fingers.

"HelloOo~" The singsong voice of her friend chimed over the phone in thickly accented English.

"Mako-chan, I think I've fallen in love!"  Konno exclaimed excitedly.

Ogawa sighed dejectedly.  "I know."  She stated.

"What!?"  Konno cried incredulously, yanking the phone from her ear and staring at it in surprise, before placing it back by her face.  "How could you possibly know that?"

"Because it was bound to happen, I knew it would only be a matter of days till you succumbed."

Konno was seriously confused.  "'bound to happen'?  What? Me fall in love?"

"Hm, it's unrequited, right?"

"Yeah…" Konno was amazed by Ogawa's amazing psychic mind powers and wondered if she knew any other tricks. 

"Mm, well, just a word of friendly advice from one mate to another…let it go or you'll only get hurt."

Konno gripped her phone tightly. Ogawa's statement sent a sharp stab through her heart. "Why would you say that?" 

Ogawa sighed.  "Because you just can't tame a heart like that, Yossy's got a wild, rebellious spirit.  She's not ready to be tied down by you or anybody. She's an incorrigible play girl.  The only thing you can hope for is just a small piece of her affection like everyone else.  She…"

"Hold it."  Konno but in exasperated.  "You think I'm in love with Yossy?"

"I don't think it, I know it."  Ogawa stated ominously.  She frowned when she heard the strange noises coming from the receiver.  "Heey, what's so funny?"

"Me! In love with Yossy! Hahahahah!"

"Poor thing your hysterical over your feelings, you must be really hooked…" Ogawa shook her head sadly and ignored the laughing girl on the phone and kept going.  "…it was the uniform right?  Yossy's definitely the sexiest of the gatas…"

Konno gasped mid laugh at Ogawa's words, the idea to get Yossy to obey at her lessons suddenly popped into her head.  "Mako-chan, that's it!  That's exactly it…."

"I know it is."

"…You're such a help to me, you know that? I have to go, call you back later, bye!"  She hung up before the other could respond a slow smile spreading across her lips.  "Oh ho, Yoshizawa Hitomi, I've got you for sure." 

Meanwhile, Ogawa looked at her phone in deep contemplation.  She couldn't let Konno fall in love with Yossy, she didn't want to see her friend hurt.  It was time for some intervention.  She pressed some buttons on her phone and waited patiently for it to answer.  "Hello, Ayaka-san?  I think I'm going to need you and Mai's help in controlling Yossy…"

The next day Yossy walked into the conference room happily, she wasn't sure why she was happy, but she figured it was just because she was in a good mood or something.  She smiled broadly as she entered, a paper bag of tricks tucked in her arm.  "Ooh Kooonkooon…" she frowned when she entered the room and no one was there.  Her good mood flew out the window at unoccupied room, not only did it look empty, but strangely it sorta felt empty too…"Where is she?"  Yossy groused.

On the table was a note with her name on it, so Yossy plucked it up curiously and opened it, it had only one sentence there in her tutor's handwriting….

'Meet me on the field.' 

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Gamble Funk