JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - How`s This

Author Topic: The Kusumi Koharu Thread (久住小春)  (Read 199996 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The Kusumi Koharu-chan thread!
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2006, 03:03:32 PM »
I wonder how many people are here who consider themselves Koharu fans?? Just raise your hand if you're one :D

I do find her likeable, and she's pretty like I expected her to become. It's a bit weird to think of her progress, though, because there's nobody to compare her to (since she's the only one in 7th gen). Hmmmm!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2006, 11:21:58 PM »
Her cuteness seems to progress, but other than that she really hasn't improved that much :lol:

Jabronisaur

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006, 06:16:29 AM »
I think her looks have matured a lot, at least in some instances. A little more time and she'll be a real competitor for the camera.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2006, 02:30:30 PM »
Quote from: shirenu
I wonder how many people are here who consider themselves Koharu fans?? Just raise your hand if you're one :D

While I haven't yet seen enough of Kusumi to perhaps fully appreciate her (because of my limited access to H!P resources apart from what I am lucky enough to be helped with getting on this Forum), I think that it has taken great courage and hard work for her to be the first singer to be the *only* one in her 'generation' of new Momusu members and at such a young age.  She is not the prettiest or most talented of the current members, but she gets my vote for guts and determination!  I will be very interested to see her progress in months and years to come.  She's certainly someone unique and special in the annals of H!P, and I wish her great fortune and success!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2006, 08:07:20 AM »
Koharu's the new Kaori:

Or at least she's as stoned as Kaori :lol:

Offline smoothee

• old school lovin'
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2006, 01:12:59 PM »
Quote from: Masa
Koharu's the new Kaori:

ahaha cute :D

and about the koharu fan thing.. i guess we'll just have to wait for her to grow on us.. some people take an instant liking to her.. some dont.. and some might like her after a while..

me personally.. i find her a bit immature.. but in recent H!P shes shown us that shes already become more *lady-like* and i cant wait to see her when shes older!! :P

~ the official mikitty thread ~ the A.M.E [aya matsuura eden] ~ G.A.M official thread ~

~ join the wonky love crew ~ help us pimp up tanakacchi here ~

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »
That animated gif is the win!

*raises his hand*

Been a supporter since day one. She ain't an Ayaya, but she's too cute to dislike :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2006, 11:38:33 PM »
Quote from: Maliciel
That animated gif is the win!

she's too cute to dislike :D

Indeed sir, indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Piss on the Koha-haters.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »
*raises both hands and legs and collapses*
Koha-chan~~<3~! :inlove:

Koi*Kana pv is out, but I haven't watched it yet :O So no spoilers plz

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2006, 09:47:45 AM »
Kussun's name

Let me preface this by saying that I acknowledge that I'm a total non-Japanese reader and I'm happy to be led by those who know heaps more than I do.  However, there's a matter which I am unsure about and yet think that maybe some pple who think they are sure maybe haven't checked it out.  So I'm looking for an answer to this query that is more than just, "You're wrong, you dumb f**k, now shut up and get the hell outta here!"   Like, I'm looking for some actual evidence of the answer.

I just want to raise the question of Koharu Kusumi's name, specifically which is her 'given' name (what in the West is sometimes called the christian name or first name, except neither of those terms apply in Japan) and which is her 'family' name.  I asked somewhere once before and was told bluntly that Kusumi was her family name and Koharu her given name.  But I'm not so sure this is correct, and am just asking for some proof one way or another.

1)  Kusumi has more of a given name 'sound' to it.  There are lots of Japanese girls' given names ending in -mi, and yet I don't know of family names which end that way (so if there are examples, I'd love to know a few).  In given names, there's Hitomi, Natsumi, Sayumi, Asami and Nozomi, just within the ranks of Momusu - and no family names ending in -mi that I can think of.

2)  In the Japanese Wikipedia, which presumably puts the names in the Japanese order of family name first, her name is given as 久住小春 - and when I put that into Google Translate (yeah, I know the limitations of that, but it's enough for this purpose) it translates as 'Koharu Kuju'.  Yet, when I put the first two characters 久住 in it comes up with 'Kuju' and the last two characters 小春 come out as 'Koharu'.  So something is going on with the translator to reverse the word order??

3)  Are there other given names which have the form of 'Koharu' and look anything like that?

Look, I'm honestly happy to be proven wrong, which is why I'm putting my life on the line here and kinda playing devil's advocate, but I just want to clear this up in my own mind.  So any genuine help will be appreciated, and any rude blunt comments will be happily ignored.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 09:50:49 AM by sayumi_fan »

Offline Gaijin22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2006, 12:25:54 PM »
I saw Koharu in some H!M ep's and wow, she is wery charming, her smile, and face. A good choice from Tsunku, he feels these special appearance that is  needed to be a star. I dont know yet how good her singing is. I will try to find out soon.

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2006, 06:04:31 AM »
Quote from: sayumi_fan
Kussun's name

Well, if you listen carefully when she's introduced like at concerts or whatever, she along with the other members are introduced family name first (as in Kusumi being her family name).

If you have any of the concert dvds in which their names are spelled in english on the back (like Rika's grad concert dvd), her family name is put first just like every other member.

Sorry I cant prove it any other way but I'm tired right now.

Offline men0

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2006, 07:47:26 AM »
Kussun's name

2)  In the Japanese Wikipedia, which presumably puts the names in the Japanese order of family name first, her name is given as 久住小春 - and when I put that into Google Translate (yeah, I know the limitations of that, but it's enough for this purpose) it translates as 'Koharu Kuju'.  Yet, when I put the first two characters 久住 in it comes up with 'Kuju' and the last two characters 小春 come out as 'Koharu'.  So something is going on with the translator to reverse the word order??

小春, is Koharu in romaji, so it's her given name, and when you google Koharu you find other Koharu's that are all female.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »

1)  Kusumi has more of a given name 'sound' to it.  There are lots of Japanese girls' given names ending in -mi, and yet I don't know of family names which end that way (so if there are examples, I'd love to know a few).  In given names, there's Hitomi, Natsumi, Sayumi, Asami and Nozomi, just within the ranks of Momusu - and no family names ending in -mi that I can think of.

Both her surname and given name are fairly uncommon.  However, I know a couple of girls who have the given name "Haru" (春) or Haruko.

I think Google Translate switched the word order around.  Kusumi is a surname, and Koharu is a given name.  That's why GT didn't bother translating them.  The translator probably switched it to western name order.  Not exactly the default behavior I want from a machine translator...

Her given name Koharu means "early autumn", or literally "little autumn" (小 = little, 春 = autumn).  春 is most commonly pronounced "haru" (as in the MM concert series); 小, however, can be pronounced a variety of ways, including "ko", "shou", and "chii".

Her surname Kusumi means "old house", and is a combination of 久 = "old" (kyuu, ku, hisa) and 住 = "house" (ju, zumi/sumi).

"Old house, early autumn".  The entire name is quite beautiful, isn't it?  It feels almost like a poem, or the prelude of one - my mind conjures up the image of a cottage, weathered but full of memories of a happy summer, standing alone in the countryside, on a golden afternoon surrounded by trees with leaves that are starting to turn yellow.

p.s., I use http://www.j-talk.com/nihongo/ and the massive free WWWJDIC J<->E dictionary as my primary electronic language resources.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2006, 01:41:23 AM »
I have to say I didn't really like Koharu at first, but as of this moment she holds the third place of my favourite members in the current MM lineup. She just appeals to me in one way or the other, and I can't point my finger at exactly why I like her so much, I just.. do @_@;

I think she is spunky and fun. Incredibly energetic and charming. I like her a lot, and I started warming up to her after watching her incredibly dorky Dokyu episodes that were subbed by HPS a while back. ^_^ I also actually like Koi Kana :D *boogies* the PV is cute. Too bad mine cuts off at the end T__T

Offline Sue

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2006, 01:43:47 AM »
Quote from: Masa
Koharu's the new Kaori:

:lmao:  i love Koha-chan, is cute

Offline yokotapioka

• the camera guy
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2006, 04:04:38 AM »
jajajajajajaj nice look koha chan ...

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2006, 11:56:02 PM »
Anybody what was the song that was played when Kusumi came on H!M last year? I think it had Miracle as part of the title. Anybody know?

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2006, 12:02:03 AM »
Quote from: cool_kickin_dude
Anybody what was the song that was played when Kusumi came on H!M last year? I think it had Miracle as part of the title. Anybody know?

Say Yeah! Motto Miracle Night

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2006, 10:18:53 PM »

Looks shopped, but I'm fine with it either way. :lol: I want to see her with glasses.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - How`s This