JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: RIO - Da Ya Think I`m Sexy (Gumgimmic Massive Unit Remix)

Author Topic: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Forty-Six -- Nightmare]  (Read 145350 times)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Twenty-Eight -- Persuasive Negotiation]
« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2007, 01:09:24 AM »
FIRST DIBS XDD

Wow, Maiha brings home women? Roffle xD

Nn, I stick by what I said before, Maasa was definitely involved, and apparently she probably were the ones who killed the owners and had a change of heart when Koharu and Airi wanted her to kill Chinami as well, and went against them. Poor Maasa needs a shoulder to cry on :< -lassos in Momoko with the whip- :]

Koharu and Airi want to finish the job eh? I do wonder what the owners and Chinami did to piss them off so much o_o... Unless they were blinded by fury or gangsta-entertainment o_o;

-does the same fishy move with holding you over the sea- WRITE <3
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:23:00 AM by Yuuyami »

Loser87

Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Twenty-Nine -- Restless Calm]
« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2007, 01:42:19 AM »
dibbers

*sigh*
That was an amazing read ~w~
I'm sorry I didn't reply to your previous chapter, things came up >w<
But To make it up, I'll be nice...In this comment lol
No, throwing rocks, no radioactive kittens, no evil throwing or staring or pulling, pushing, sneezing of any kind!
Honest! Girls scout honor! (I was never part of the girls scout lol)

Anyway, Maiha!! JEBUS!!!
>w<
She's such a...A...UMPH!!
Like...Grr and and..Touchy feely Argghh!

Koharu and Airi are so evil, jebus..>w<
But You gotta' have villains in a midst of a ragtag group of heroes

I'm trying to imagine what would Chinami do, something crazy? Like how Niki becomes Jessica in Heroes?
Or Something barbaric and just all out rage like the Hulk?
Or just bent on emotion of revenge like Venom >w<
Yeah I'm a geek but I'm a cute geek so BLAH!

Update please!!~~

~Prods you with the non-pointy stick of non-doom~

^w^
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 02:06:21 AM by Loser87 »

Offline C60533

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2007, 01:59:29 AM »
And Chinami is going to burst and go on a Hulk rampage. I'm not serious, but she seems to be prone to that course of action when she's angry or stressed. Poor Chinami....she has to deal with the people who almost caused her to die again. On a lighter note, when I read that she was running on rooftops, my mind jumped to Spider-Man. Blame the fact that I watched it 2 days ago. (Marvel's getting to me)  But Chinami hears voices? What do they say to her? Is it like the little leprachaun (sp?) that Ralph has that tells him to burn things? Oh wait, no that's Koharu. So what do they say? Does it have anything to do with what to do with Yurina?

Go Momo!! You must play the part of Sherlock Holmes san the British accent. A Watson might not be too bad though. You know Momo, if you listen to Rational!Momoko for a while, she might let Optimistc-Horny!Momoko take over every now and then.

Okay...Maiha if you want to get Risako back...stop bringing back women. Just work with Risako. I hear that younger people are a bit easier to manipulate in these situations.

Maiha knows something. She knows what happened. Even though she is a bit of a player, she means well. But she needs to act soon. Momoko needs to find a way to get Maiha to tell her what happened and they need to act. People can mean well, people can want good things to happen, but if they don't do anything, no good will come of it.

I also don't think that going to the police station will be of too much help. I might be wrong, but if they treat Momo like a kid, and she doesn't get any info from them, will she ask the dancers? Like Maiha?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2007, 04:25:05 AM »
Whoa sorry I forgot to comment last chapter... >< Forgive me...? -gives you cookies-

Anyway, interesting. I get the feeling Maasa used to hang out with Airi and Koharu and was manipulated into helping them with the fire. But evidently she must have backed out and tried to stop them in the end, which saved Chinami's life as it turned out. Hmm.

I look forward to where you take the plot. Here, have some sweets. XD
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 04:26:50 AM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2007, 06:59:42 AM »
Holy crap! I haven't been able to comment for like the last gazillion chapters! Stupid homework >_<.I don't think anyone wants to hear me rambling on and on about each chapter, so I'll just go with the latest chapter.

Rofl at Momoko's "I'll just beat the little punk up" XD. I can't imagine Momoko beating Maiha up. I can't imagine Momoko beating ANYONE up (even though she has muscles) >_<. I guess Momoko has to go beat the crap out of Maiha now. I was scared that Maiha would just go "win" Risako and get back to her player days but it seems that I underestimated her.. she didn't even win her yet but she's already messing around with someone else? Stupid Maiha  >:(

Looks like more mysteries are being revealed! Maasa was manipulated to kill someone? I didn't expect this fic to go in a dark direction. I wonder what Koharu and Airi wanted in the first place? So scared about what might happen to the girls >_<.

Haha, I predict that Momoko will sneeze in the next chapter because of Maiha <_< gosh, I'm so retarded  :D

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2007, 03:19:02 AM »
FIRST DIBS XDD

Wow, Maiha brings home women? Roffle xD

Nn, I stick by what I said before, Maasa was definitely involved, and apparently she probably were the ones who killed the owners and had a change of heart when Koharu and Airi wanted her to kill Chinami as well, and went against them. Poor Maasa needs a shoulder to cry on :< -lassos in Momoko with the whip- :]

Koharu and Airi want to finish the job eh? I do wonder what the owners and Chinami did to piss them off so much o_o... Unless they were blinded by fury or gangsta-entertainment o_o;

-does the same fishy move with holding you over the sea- WRITE <3

XDD Yeah, Maiha's the player. <3

Hm... not quite, but sort of. You're getting there. XD [Momoko: -flailing in the whip- I'll go willingly, you know...]

um.. Dun dun dun? XD

I don't like the sea... T_T

dibbers

*sigh*
That was an amazing read ~w~
I'm sorry I didn't reply to your previous chapter, things came up >w<
But To make it up, I'll be nice...In this comment lol
No, throwing rocks, no radioactive kittens, no evil throwing or staring or pulling, pushing, sneezing of any kind!
Honest! Girls scout honor! (I was never part of the girls scout lol)

Anyway, Maiha!! JEBUS!!!
>w<
She's such a...A...UMPH!!
Like...Grr and and..Touchy feely Argghh!

Koharu and Airi are so evil, jebus..>w<
But You gotta' have villains in a midst of a ragtag group of heroes

I'm trying to imagine what would Chinami do, something crazy? Like how Niki becomes Jessica in Heroes?
Or Something barbaric and just all out rage like the Hulk?
Or just bent on emotion of revenge like Venom >w<
Yeah I'm a geek but I'm a cute geek so BLAH!

Update please!!~~

~Prods you with the non-pointy stick of non-doom~

^w^

Your comment fills me with great joy~
-skips about happily-

And Chinami is going to burst and go on a Hulk rampage. I'm not serious, but she seems to be prone to that course of action when she's angry or stressed. Poor Chinami....she has to deal with the people who almost caused her to die again. On a lighter note, when I read that she was running on rooftops, my mind jumped to Spider-Man. Blame the fact that I watched it 2 days ago. (Marvel's getting to me)  But Chinami hears voices? What do they say to her? Is it like the little leprachaun (sp?) that Ralph has that tells him to burn things? Oh wait, no that's Koharu. So what do they say? Does it have anything to do with what to do with Yurina?

Go Momo!! You must play the part of Sherlock Holmes san the British accent. A Watson might not be too bad though. You know Momo, if you listen to Rational!Momoko for a while, she might let Optimistc-Horny!Momoko take over every now and then.

Okay...Maiha if you want to get Risako back...stop bringing back women. Just work with Risako. I hear that younger people are a bit easier to manipulate in these situations.

Maiha knows something. She knows what happened. Even though she is a bit of a player, she means well. But she needs to act soon. Momoko needs to find a way to get Maiha to tell her what happened and they need to act. People can mean well, people can want good things to happen, but if they don't do anything, no good will come of it.

I also don't think that going to the police station will be of too much help. I might be wrong, but if they treat Momo like a kid, and she doesn't get any info from them, will she ask the dancers? Like Maiha?

Hm... oh my... I can't touch most of these speculations. XD
I plead the fifth here. lol
But you're getting on the right track.

Whoa sorry I forgot to comment last chapter... >< Forgive me...? -gives you cookies-

Anyway, interesting. I get the feeling Maasa used to hang out with Airi and Koharu and was manipulated into helping them with the fire. But evidently she must have backed out and tried to stop them in the end, which saved Chinami's life as it turned out. Hmm.

I look forward to where you take the plot. Here, have some sweets. XD

Of course I forgive you. You're my most favorite. [Hey, I can be fickle, too. X3] -nibbles on cookies-

Lol That's basically what Yuu-chan said. And, same with her, it's slightly wrong.

Mm.. sweets. <3

Holy crap! I haven't been able to comment for like the last gazillion chapters! Stupid homework >_<.I don't think anyone wants to hear me rambling on and on about each chapter, so I'll just go with the latest chapter.

Rofl at Momoko's "I'll just beat the little punk up" XD. I can't imagine Momoko beating Maiha up. I can't imagine Momoko beating ANYONE up (even though she has muscles) >_<. I guess Momoko has to go beat the crap out of Maiha now. I was scared that Maiha would just go "win" Risako and get back to her player days but it seems that I underestimated her.. she didn't even win her yet but she's already messing around with someone else? Stupid Maiha  >:(

Looks like more mysteries are being revealed! Maasa was manipulated to kill someone? I didn't expect this fic to go in a dark direction. I wonder what Koharu and Airi wanted in the first place? So scared about what might happen to the girls >_<.

Haha, I predict that Momoko will sneeze in the next chapter because of Maiha <_< gosh, I'm so retarded  :D

Lol.. I don't mind rambling. I enjoy it. XD

Everyone's jumpin' on the 'Let's Hate Maiha' train... And yet, I haven't yet given you a chapter from her POV, so you really don't know what she's thinking... :3

Lol... I didn't expect it to go in a darker direction, either... So basically I lied when I said it wasn't gonna be that angsty. ><;;

[wedgecall, but I'm not gonna wait]
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2007, 03:21:19 AM »
This didn't turn out quite like I wanted to, but meh... Oh well.
I was looking forward to getting it over with so I can move on to the NEXT chapter.
Which should be much more fun. <3

^_^ Chapter 30 at last! And I'm not even halfway done yet. <3

[Chapter Thirty -- Elementary, My Dear Watson]

It was warm inside the station, and there was this faint scent of stale coffee that drifted through the air, making me feel a little less nervous about what I was possibly getting myself into.

The walls were cluttered with notice boards that had various bits of paper pinned to them… clippings about missing persons, items, and animals… wanted posters… newspaper articles… an ad for a restaurant that had been opened about ten years ago… Basically anything and everything…

Once I was bored with that, I took the time to examine the rest of the room. There was a long desk at the end of the main room, and a few other tables off to the side, various papers scattered about them as well. I could see doors that probably led to smaller rooms, and hopefully one of them held the information I was looking for.

There were two girls seated behind the long desk… Or rather, one of them was more or less laying in a somewhat awkward position across the arms of her rolling chair, and I think she was asleep. I’m pretty sure that she was, because even though her face was obscured behind her uniformed hat, I could hear light snoring.

The other female was deeply engrossed in some kind of magazine, absently twirling a strand of her hair between her fingers while she produced a rather large bubble from the gum that she was chewing.

This was going to be so much fun…

I sighed, and decided that I would try talking to the one that was awake first. I cleared my throat, and only her eyes moved, flitting up from the pages of the magazine to scrutinize me. Her gaze was like that for a moment, before she judged me to be unimportant and returned to reading. A jolt of annoyance shot through me, and I frowned before clearing my throat again, a bit louder this time.

She rolled her eyes and popped the bubble she had made, pulling the gum back inside of her mouth with her teeth and tongue so that she could talk. But she didn’t look up at me again.

“If you need somethin’, kid, ask Tanaka. I don’t feel like dealin’ with you right now.”

My eye twitched a little bit after that. Of all of the rude things someone could say to me… That just about took the gold medal for being the most impolite. I was fully aware that I was… vertically challenged, but… I was an ADULT, damnit! At least… in some countries, anyway… It wasn’t like she even looked any older than I did… well, anyway. I didn’t even bother to argue, because I didn’t think that it would get me anywhere.

So I turned to the sleeping female, weighing my remaining options in my mind. I could either wait until someone more kind or competent showed up and have them help me… or I could attempt to wake this girl up and get her to do it instead.

…Unfortunately for her, I was impatient at that point, and in the end, the latter of my two options won out. I leaned over the desk, carefully lifting the hat from the girl’s face. She was cute, and her eyes were a little bit uneven… the word ‘wonky’ came to mind out of nowhere. She looked so small, though, and there was no possible way that she was much older than me, either.

“Ah… miss?”

She didn’t even twitch, continuing to sleep as if nothing had happened. I tried again, my voice a little louder the second time, and I received the same results. Immediately I was reminded of Risako, and if this girl could sleep like my cousin did, there was really only one thing left to do…

So I took the hat and hit her hard in the shoulder with it, which caused the girl to jump about three feet out of the chair, and when she landed again, both she and it toppled over in a very ungraceful sort of manner. She shot back onto her feet soon after she was reunited with the ground, and instantly started to slap the crap out of the other officer, who could do little more than defend herself with the magazine.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, NONO?!”

“I didn’t do it, I swear! It was that girl- OW, WATCH WHERE YOU’RE HITTIN’, WOMAN!”

I watched their quarrel for a minute, slightly amused, before I decided to intervene. There were more important matters at hand. But trying to get their attention with my voice didn’t work, and so I brandished the hat like a weapon for the second time, slapping them both in the head with it. They rubbed their new bruises morosely, and the wonky-eyed female glared at me, snatching the hat from my hand to put it in it’s proper position on her head.

“Do you have a death wish, kid? Because usually people who wake me up are lucky to get away alive.”

“I’m not a kid. And no, I’m not looking for an early grave… I was actually wondering if you could help me with something. I need some information.”

She blinked at me, before letting out a short, sharp laugh, as if I had said something really absurd. Her voice adopted a lazy sort of slur and tone, and I realized that she didn’t think very much of me at all.

“Kid, we got more important things to worry about than some little research project, so why don’t you just move along and-”

“TSUJI! TANAKA!”

A loud, roaring voice burst forth from somewhere in the back of the station, and the two young officers quickly slid into their assigned positions, trying to straighten up and look as though they had been hard at work all along. One of the doors behind the desk slammed open, and out walked a rather intimidating woman who I automatically assumed to be the head of this little station. Her hair was a funky shade of blonde that I knew wasn’t natural, and I thought for a moment that her eyes were a little bit discolored before I realized that she was wearing greenish-blue contacts.

“Why the hell is there so much noise in here, hm? I’M THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO GIVE THE CIVILIANS TROUBLE, DO YOU HEAR ME?!?”

She gave the two of her subordinates each a good thump to the back of the head, and they mumbled quiet apologies. She seemed to be satisfied with that for the moment, and she turned to appraise me with those fake contacts of hers.

“And who are you, hm? We live to serve the people, but if this really WILL be a waste of my time, I suggest that you turn around and leave right now.”

Her voice was constantly loud, and it was kind of growly with the way that she rolled her ‘r’s and such. But she didn’t really scare me at all, because it seemed to be mostly for show and to keep the other officers in line, and since I wasn’t them, I had no need to worry. I pulled the scrap of newspaper from my pocket and handed it to her, speaking while she scrutinized it carefully.

“Something big happened on that day… Something that I need to know about, so I’d be very grateful if you could help me out anyway you can. I assume that you keep records here in this place?”

The police captain was stroking her invisible beard, and after a few moments of silence she turned and began walking towards one of the doors in the back, beckoning for me to follow. I swear I heard the wonky one snickering behind me.

We entered a large file room, and unlike the theatre’s music library, everything in it had been meticulously organized and alphabetized and any other –ized that you could think of. The woman wandered over to one of the steel cabinets and simply kicked it at it’s base, causing one of the drawers to slide out effortlessly. This she began to sift through until she pulled out a tan folder and tossed it onto a nearby table. She walked over and sat down at that table, waving at a chair at the opposite end. As soon as I was also seated, she began to talk.

“Only one thing happened on that day, two years ago… I remember it very clearly in my mind, because I was one of the first ones to arrive on the scene when it all started to happen.”

She opened the file, and pulled out a newspaper identical to the one that my scrap originated from, handing it to me. Eagerly, I began to scan through the story, now that I knew that I was going to get some answers to the questions that were swimming through my head.

Theatre owners die in raging fire; daughter also presumed to be dead.

The latest proprietors of the city’s only still-operating theatre for the arts perished last night in a fire that claimed not only their lives but their entire home as well. Though it has not yet been confirmed whether or not the fire was an accident or intended arson, witnesses to the event have claimed to have seen at least three unidentified figures fleeing from the scene.

Police arrived at the house after much of it was already engulfed in flame, only to discover that the owners had already passed away. The whereabouts and condition of the daughter are currently unknown, but officials say that it is quite likely that she suffered the same fate as her parents…”

It was eerie, reading through that… I had a feeling I was about to learn something that I didn’t want to hear, and yet… still I pushed for those answers.

“…What happened to the girl?”

“Well, technically this is classified information, but… we don’t normally get kids like you that wander in her and ask for specific things, so I don’t mind bending the rules a bit, considering how I’m the boss and all. Apparently she survived the attack, but after spending time to heal in the hospital, some stuff came up and she started acting weird… they diagnosed her with something… oh, shit… some acronym… P-something. No idea. Anyway, turns out she didn’t have enough money to pay for any therapy or medicine or anything since she lost it all in that fire, and they ended up letting her leave with this friend of hers…”

I’m pretty sure I had stopped breathing at that point. My throat was very dry and I choked as I attempted to ask another question.

“Do you know what her name was?”

“Tokunaga… Chinami? Chi-somethin’. I dunno. Apparently the media lost interest in her and the fire pretty quickly, and so they never announced it to the public that she survived. Probably a good thing, too, being so sick like that…”

I really, really didn’t want to know anymore. I felt kind of sick, like my stomach was trying to eat itself. However… I had to learn all that I could if I was going to piece together what had happened to try and stop it from happening again.

“What about the three suspects that the witnesses saw? Did anyone ever catch them or identify who they were?”

“Oh yeah. But we kind of suspected at first, it being arson and all… See, back then, there was one kid who basically controlled all of the crime goin’ on in this place. They called her the ‘Miracle’. Not because she had caused anything wonderful to happen… but because of how she always managed to slip just out of reach of being slammed behind bars. That, and because I think everyone sort of forgot about her real name somewhere along the way. The stories about her are numerous, each one much more wild and fanatical than the rest. But they say that there are three things about the girl that have always been true:

She can get someone to do whatever she wants just by looking at them.

She doesn’t believe in mercy, and if she considers you to be a liability, she’ll just mow you down.

She is completely and utterly obsessed with anything that has to do with fire.

They say she was only somewhat insane. Like in a mad genius kind of way, where she wasn’t really all there, but somehow managed to think of these brilliant plans that kept her one step ahead of the law. We know she was one of the ones that started the fire: she always left her mark on the things that she burned, leaving at least some area untouched so that she could carve into it. She got away that night, though… We’ve been trying to track her ever since, but have always turned up empty-handed.”

Okay… so there’s one. This… ‘miracle’. Obviously the mastermind behind it all. Probably the most dangerous, too.

“One of the others involved was this girl named Suzuki Airi. She had been a part of the theatre at some point in time, but they ended up kicking her out because she got involved with the wrong crowd—Miracle mainly, I’m told. Apparently she even tried to beat up one of the other dancers thanks to the influence of some of her new friends.

I guess resentment was one of her motives, but either way, she helped out. I’m pretty sure that’s she was just another one of the Miracle’s pawns, but you’d have to be a fool to label her harmless. We actually ended up apprehending the kid after chasing her down, but she slipped out somehow…”

The woman slammed her fist down on the table at that point, gritting her teeth like she was still angry about ‘the one that got away’. I wouldn’t want to be in that criminal’s shoes if this captain ever got a second chance to deal with her…

Suzuki Airi. Hot-headed… could probably beat me up. That’s comforting.

“There was one more, though… She got away too… I always have trouble remembering her name…”

She began to sift through the file in front of me, and was in the middle of pulling out a sheet of paper when a short blonde woman burst into the room, wild and out of breath. I could see fear and panic in her wide eyes, and perhaps even more alarming was the fact that blood was running down from a wound beneath her hat, somewhere on the side of her head.

“Captain- they’re back- and- I just- ran into them around the corner. I tried to bring them in but- the younger one grabbed me- nearly beat the shit out of me- I got away, though- came straight here.”

It was hard to make out what she was trying to say through that jumbled mess, but the police captain seemed to understand, and immediately she and the other officer darted out of the room, leaving me behind without so much as a goodbye. I really was insignificant after all that, though, and so I guess I understood… The file remained open on the table, and the paper that the captain had been trying to show me before the interruption was face down… tempting me.

I almost reached out to turn it over, but resisted. These things were classified… and I wasn’t about to go breaking the law… I had gotten most of what I needed anyway, and so I walked out of the room, leaving the now empty station.

I wonder… if I had learned what I know now… at that point … would things have turned out the same way?

Loser87

Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Thirty -- Elementary, My Dear Watson]
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2007, 03:23:36 AM »
dibs

Oh god, Police Yuko, Reina, Nono, and (obviously) Mari are ftw!! >w<

I love it, I love you for including them like that XDXD
I am afraid of the whole MaaxMomo relationship, What'll happen when she finds out ;+;
Trouble in paradise! >w< NOOOoooOOooooOoooo....ooooOOoooo.......oo...

I laughed so hard at the thought of Airi beating up (obviously) cop Mari
XDXD

But Koharu you made her so...so...Evil o_o

And You said, this story will barely have any drama in it and that it was pure fun, comedy and fluff!
YOU LIED!!
But it's awesome anyways
Every good story needs major drama and uber angst every now and then

Anyway UPDATE BRAT!!

YAHH!!! *slaps you around* GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!
O_O O_O O_O
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:14:16 PM by Loser87 »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2007, 03:53:04 AM »
Aha....police captain = Yuko? Lol. And the short blonde woman in the end...Mari? XD

Hmm Momoko playing Sherlock. Should be interesting. I want to see what happens next. And also, this police station seems pretty darn funky. :P

Update soon!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2007, 05:20:34 AM »
Oh, you included the seniors also! :D I was wondering if you'd go for it...

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2007, 06:57:32 AM »
The thought of a Airi vs Mari fist fight fills me with great joy. So does the dirty miracle girl, never seen that side of her before.
This fic is going in a completely different direction than I thought it would. I'm a bit surprised.

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2007, 07:25:18 AM »
(I hope "fun" for the next chapter is more of "temporary fluff relief" than "EVEN MORE angst" <_<)

THANK GOD MOMOKO DIDN'T LOOK AT THE FILE! I mean, stuff like this would probably be better coming from the person herself. I fear for Momoko x Maasa  >_<.

And rofl at Airi beating the crap out of who seems to be Mari :D My mind is being corrupted with weird images of H!P members being violent now <_<.

This police station sure works at its own pace  :-X

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »
Will the cops have more screen time? That'd be interesting.

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »
-reserved for when I decide to go back and reply to comments-

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2007, 10:03:09 PM »
I've had a really rough day today [hence, the lack of replying to comments and the lack of overall angst in this chapter] so I wanted to finish this bit and post it here before going on. It's overall fluffy, I think. Or at least, I hope it is. It's kind of filler, too, but I needed a distraction.

Enjoy. <3

[Chapter Thirty-One: Be Still My Heart]

I was dreaming.

I had to have been, because this… to me it felt like it was almost too good to be true.

I was afraid that if I made even the slightest movement—if I were even to breathe or to blink—that I could somehow ruin the moment and it would disappear from me forever.

But miraculously, when I could no longer hold my breath and when my eyes got too dry to continue keeping them open, she was still laying there on the grass with her head in my lap, gazing serenely out at the river beside us.

I had been surprised when she stopped by me earlier that morning and asked me to come with her to practice. But it wasn’t really from the fact that she asked me as much as it was from the way that she has asked me. Miyabi isn’t really a timid sort of person, but when she spoke to me, it was in a quiet, hesitant way, like she wasn’t sure of herself. It was very unlike her, and even though I was still kind of worried about not returning to the Loft to check up on Chinami… I figured that one day wouldn’t hurt.

Chii-chan had been slipping out more frequently lately anyway, and she always came back just a little bit better. A little bit more… herself. Whomever she was going to see was helping her, whether they realized it or not, and I wasn’t about to stop such a good thing. As long as she came home unscathed, I was fine with it.

Perhaps Maasa had been right about her needing some space.

It was nice to get to practice with my old troupe again, though… Risako wasn’t as clumsy as I remembered… In fact, she didn’t seem to be having any trouble with the pretty difficult routines that Momoko and Miyabi had come up with at all. Memories of how I would have to take her aside after the morning practices to help her out came back to me, and to see how much she had improved without my assistance over the past few years… It was a pleasant surprise, though, and I couldn’t help but be very proud of her.

Erika was still as shy as before, but I noticed that she was a little more talkative now, as if she had come out of her shell a bit. That was just who she was, and they say that some things never change.

I hadn’t really noticed that Yurina had been in a cast when I saw her a couple of days ago, and I wondered what had happened that had caused her to break her leg. She was possibly the most graceful person that I knew, and so I thought it must have been some freak accident. Miyabi had noticed me staring at the cast, and when I looked back over at her, she turned away. It was strange… but I didn’t ask about it. Anyway, Yurina was finally putting her talents to good use, and I was amazed by the amount of skill she had with that piano…

I supposed that a part of me assumed that Momoko was a born performer the day I met her outside the train station, but I was still very impressed by the way she danced and sang. She made it all seem so effortless, like she had never had to practice a day in her life… Really inspiring to watch.

Out of all of them, though… I have to admit that it was Miyabi that I was focused on the most. I guess I was being blatantly obvious about it, too, because she caught me staring at her several times during practice. I couldn’t help it, though… I hadn’t seen her in so long… She had definitely grown up. And I… had pretty much stayed the same. I just got a little scruffier, that’s all.

…I deemed myself unworthy for such a girl.

I’m not sure I had been worthy before, either.

But now I was definitely undeserving. Still… she seemed to be very eager to be with me after we had sort of patched things up… I wasn’t even sure about that, either. It was like we had started all over again. I didn’t mind that, because I knew deep in my heart that I would go to the end of the world and do whatever it took just to be within five feet of her, but…

Was it the same from her point of view?

I loved her then. I still love her now. And she had said it back then… but what about now?

She wanted to spend time with me alone after practice and pulled me away from the others, and so I decided that I was just going to enjoy it and worry later if the need arose. We walked through the city together, holding hands and never saying a word. But we didn’t really need to. She and I didn’t have to speak in order to talk to each other. The two of us continued in that manner until I realized that we had walked so far that we were nearing the outskirts of the city.

It was then that I figured out where we were headed.

There was a river that flowed along the edge of the city limits, over which a bridge had been built for cars and pedestrians to cross. The water in it had always been clear and beautiful, and so the grass around it was healthy and strong and soft. It was in sharp contrast to the technological, crowded, busy city, and so all those years ago, it became our favorite spot to get away from everything else.

She and I had spent many days talking there… positioned like we were now: me on the edge of the grass, feet dangling in the water, and her using me like a pillow. Only, this day, she was quiet, content to just watch the river flow by. For a moment, the link our minds had was severed, and I wondered what it was that she was thinking about. It must have been something serious, for her to be so calm like that.

“Are you ever going to tell me about what happened back then…?”

Oh. It was that question again. But she had asked it in a different way, and I sensed that perhaps this would be the final time she brought it up. That maybe she would finally accept whatever answer I offered her. So I thought very carefully about my answer before I decided to reply.

“…Maybe someday.” I started with the truth. I couldn’t give her any promises, and so that was the best I could give her at that point. “I wish I could tell you right now, because you want to know right now, and I want to make you happy… but I also need to keep someone else safe.”

She seemed to be taking that in, processing it. I think that for the first time, she believed that I couldn’t give her any more information than that. I assumed that she was done talking, because she didn’t say anything else for a while, and so I occupied myself by stroking her hair and staring off blankly at the city.

“…Someone more important than me?”

That question caught me a bit off guard. I wasn’t really sure how to fully respond to it, either. Not without upsetting her somehow.

“Someone who needs me.”

Miyabi accepted that simple answer, but still a sad little smile took control of her lips.

“I need you too… Sakitan.”

I was struck speechless at that. She never once showed me any indication that she was dependant of me for anything. So to hear that now… was kind of a shock. I guess my sudden silence amused her, because a real (albeit small) smile replaced the sad one, and she turned her head to kiss my hand that was resting beside her shoulder after I had stopped stroking her hair. The gesture was meant to be reassuring, I assumed, and so I somehow figured out how to talk again.

“I won’t leave you like that again… I promise. Some day… I’ll tell you everything. Hopefully then… you’ll understand.”

I just hope that that day could come sooner than later…

Loser87

« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2007, 10:08:38 PM »
dibs

Ahhh MiyaSaki lurve... >w<
Its giving me cavaties!!
Your gonna have to pay for my dentist bills!
After all it's your fault for making things so sugary sweet!

Either way, You need to write more lurve scene MORE I SAY MORE!!!
Hurry before I throw godzilla at you o_o
or worse...THIS!! TA-DA~ *A katamari!!*
O_O

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF LURRRRRVVVEEE~~
Or else you get your ass kicked and the real 100% evil me will come out..
The one that first made it's appearance when I first commented you ever!
And that was pretty gosh darn mean!

Now Update! *pokes you with my Pointy stick of pointy doom!!* (My pointy stick's name is Mr. Pointy..RESPECT MR. POINTY!)
O_O
Update!
*Prods you to update with Mr. Pointy..Prodding Prodding..*
O_O
Botha'
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:35:44 AM by Loser87 »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Thirty-One -- Be Still My Heart]
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »
Nice Miyabi/Saki scene! <333333333

Sorry just woke up so reply will be incoherent. :D

I do so hope that these two patch it up properly minus the secrets soon. :D

Yeah and waiting for next chapter. No pressure though. ^__^ -gives you chocolate again- XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2007, 12:09:08 AM »
Awww so cute! You write such great filler, FIM! But yeah, I can relate. Taking refuge in other activities to escape the bad days. I read a lot of the time. But anyways, hopefully you'll have a better day after this

*throws Miki-in-a-box, with push-up bras and realistic groping action!*
*and a customized Piriri to Yukou outfit, and the bus from the PV*
*and some sparklers and all the H!P DVDs*
*and Miya and Saki*
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2007, 03:27:48 AM »
Sweetness. I died.

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2007, 10:59:59 PM »
dibs

Ahhh MiyaSaki lurve... >w<
Its giving me cavaties!!
Your gonna have to pay for my dentist bills!
After all it's your fault for making things so sugary sweet!

Either way, You need to write more lurve scene MORE I SAY MORE!!!
Hurry before I throw godzilla at you o_o
or worse...THIS!! TA-DA~ *A katamari!!*
O_O

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF LURRRRRVVVEEE~~
Or else you get your ass kicked and the real 100% evil me will come out..
The one that first made it's appearance when I first commented you ever!
And that was pretty gosh darn mean!

Now Update! *pokes you with my Pointy stick of pointy doom!!* (My pointy stick's name is Mr. Pointy..RESPECT MR. POINTY!)
O_O
Update!
*Prods you to update with Mr. Pointy..Prodding Prodding..*
O_O
Botha'

Rofl, I don't even have enough money to buy a candy bar. XD I'm broke.

T-T Unfortunately, there's probably no more fluff until the next day in the story...

o_o;;;

-greatly botha'd to keep writing- ><;;  <33

Nice Miyabi/Saki scene! <333333333

Sorry just woke up so reply will be incoherent. :D

I do so hope that these two patch it up properly minus the secrets soon. :D

Yeah and waiting for next chapter. No pressure though. ^__^ -gives you chocolate again- XD

XDD It's okay, incoherent or not, you're still my favorite. :3

YAYCHOCOLATEOMGSH. <3

Awww so cute! You write such great filler, FIM! But yeah, I can relate. Taking refuge in other activities to escape the bad days. I read a lot of the time. But anyways, hopefully you'll have a better day after this

*throws Miki-in-a-box, with push-up bras and realistic groping action!*
*and a customized Piriri to Yukou outfit, and the bus from the PV*
*and some sparklers and all the H!P DVDs*
*and Miya and Saki*

XDD Thanks. :3 And yeah, my day today was better.

ROFL. Realistic groping action. XDD

<3

Sweetness. I died.

o_o;; ohnoes! -attempts to revive-

[wedgecall.]

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: RIO - Da Ya Think I`m Sexy (Gumgimmic Massive Unit Remix)