JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~

Author Topic: Relapse & Recovery  (Read 9741 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Relapse & Recovery
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »
I can identify with the loss of a mother to cancer, and the subsequent shunning by the rest of the family. Not a fun experience.

Also, I suspect that Daddy Yoshizawa might not be as unreasonable as he could possibly be. Well, I hope so anyway. He might rant and be in shock for awhile but he'll get over it eventually. His daughter comes first, if there's anything to be said about single dads. Plus, he seems like a better dad than mine ever was. :lol:

Like the little background on the IshiYoshi. So Rika is conscious and accepting of her gayness for Yossy now right? Or will that be another potential fuse to blow sometime later? Can't wait to see how this all works out.

EDIT: New page GETS!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline maikeatoot

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 'KameShige'!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 04:42:13 AM »

hm very nice chapter.!cAnt wait to read more chaps.!good luck.!

Offline Dswizzle10

• I'm short+I look younger= I eat cheaper XD
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »
maikeatoot: Once again, thank you very much. ^.^
Estrea: Dang. I have a habit of writing stuff that relates very closely to people in a bad way  :banghead: But you'll get most of your questions answered in this chapter.

Risa_ai: *Holds out box of band-aids* I'm sorry T.T

:onioncheer: I like this one :D On with the chapter!

Chapter 5

“I’m gay, dad.” Yossy blurts out, and I break my neck trying to see in the kitchen. She didn’t…

“Pardon, Yossy. I didn’t hear you.” Dad says, chuckling while he pokes a finger experimentally into his ear. He’s reading the paper, sipping on some orange juice, oblivious to his daughter’s deathly afraid expression.

Yossy quietly slips a tomato slice in her mouth, working up courage to repeat herself. I give her a thumbs-up from the living room and her lips curve into a small smile. It’s barely noticeable, but I know it’s there.

“I’m gay, dad.” She says, more calmly and coolly than the first time.

Good job, Yossy! Now we can-

The smile on my face melts in a worried expression.

The paper in dad’s hands is laid down on the table. His fingers, thick and large, barely stay contained in the gold wedding band on his left hand. They bounce up and down, tapping a slow rhythm against wood.

Yossy stares at her cleats, still dressed in her football uniform, as she waits for him to say something.

“Rika-chan, isn’t it?” he says, looking my direction, but looking through, not at.

Yossy’s head sinks down further.

The air is thick with tension. It’s suffocating me and I’m not sure how long I can hold my breath.

“What about you?”

I jump up in surprise, staring like a deer caught in the headlights.

Run.

I’m having flash backs of all the bullies I faced through my life. I’ve always ran, haven’t I?

Run.

It’s hard to breathe. I’m panicking, standing in an unlit living room, all in the dark.

“Answer him, Squirt.” Yossy says quietly, cutting through my thoughts.

I don’t know what to say. Am I gay? I’m not sure.

There is that girl in math…

It’s just admiration.

No it’s not! You like her and you know it!

Do not!

RUN.

Do too!

Shut up!

You shut up!

Gaki.”

“I don’t know…” I mumble, staring at the carpet, as my cheeks begin burning.

Without a word, Dad gets up, pushes his chair in, and leaves the house. His car starts up, then it’s gone.

Neither of us move until we can’t hear the car anymore. Even then, I can’t move.

My heart’s beating too fast. I’m going to faint if I don’t start breathing, but I’m…afraid.

Unacceptance. Again.

Geeki, little geeki, such a weakling…

My momma and poppa didn’t want me...

The floor is…spinning and opening up a hole into darkness.

And I’m falling now.

“GAKI!”

--------------

“..on.”

Clap

Clap

I groan, feeling the dizzying pain of a headache coming on as I stir.

“Come on. Get up.”

“Yossy?” I mumble, disoriented and unable to open my eyes. I feel her hand slap my chubby cheeks again. She goes in again, but my hand snatches out and grabs her hand.

“Good reflexes, but get up. We need to get ready.” Yossy says, disappearing from the side of my bed.

“What time is it?” I yawn, rubbing my temples as I try to guess the time from the light shining through the blinds.

“Too late for school.” Is the simple reply given to me.

I shake my head, dispelling some of the effects of the headache crashing through me, “Dad’s gonna be mad.”

“Dad never came home. You wouldn’t know though, you passed out last night as soon as he left. What happened?” Yossy asks, tossing a couple pills at me as I brush past her.

“I panicked.” I say, frowning, because it was much more than that. It was painful really.

“So, you don’t know if you’re straight, bi, or what?”

I cringe and swallow the pills dry. “I’m positive I am that way.. I just.. don’t like labels.” I mutter, grabbing a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt to change into.

I’m sure it was just how Dad reacted to everything. I was afraid, not to mention heartbroken, of losing the only father figure in my life.

“I wonder if I’m to blame for that.” Yossy grins, tossing one of her t-shirts at me.

I dodge it and shake my fist at her. “One of these days, Yossy. One of these days!” I shout in my best English.

Pow! Right in the kisser!” She shouts back, lunging at me, as I run out of the room.

----------------

I carefully lay my letter and sharpie on the desk, straightening up everything else before I leave. I’m satisfied with how simple it is and decide to head out now before Yossy finds me in here, but something catches my eye.

A picture of Yossy and I at Christmas time.

This was almost two years ago…

I remember that day. I was so unhappy when Yossy picked me up from class, but that all changed when she showed me the sled. There’s a big hill across the street from our house, so we climbed up to the top of it and Yossy, Rika, and I sled down it. I don’t even know how many times we went down, but at some point, dad came outside and took a picture.

I look around, find a near duplicate of the picture and replace it for the one in the frame. Hopefully, Dad will understand why I took this one. It was back when things were much simpler.

More happy.

Sighing at all the memories I have here, I walk out and head to the garage to meet Yossy.

-------------

“Rika isn’t going to school?” I ask, when I notice her leaning against a tree, as we pull into the park parking lot.

“I asked her to meet us here, for a final,” she pauses for a long time and chooses not to continue. I’m fine with that; I don’t want to hear it either.

We both get out, opening and shutting our doors at the same time. I sit on the hood of her car and just watch.

Rika looks up, starts to tear at the sight of Yossy, and takes off at a sprint into her arms.

I smile at the scene and watch a bird in the distance sitting in a nest. I don’t want to be rude and stare. There’s some sniffles, a couple ‘I missed you’s, and lots of patting on the back. I’m sure they’re kissing over there, but I don’t want to see. It’s too early for me to be scarred.

Oh, wait. Too late for that one.

I lost my innocence when I walked in on Yossy making out with her pillow. I cringe at that memory.

“R-Rika… There’s another reason I asked you to come here.” Yossy stutters, which is oddly uncharacteristic of her. I wonder what’s going on—ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I can’t help but grin at the sound of one shocked Charmy staring at my awesome older sister, currently on one knee with a gold ring in her hands.

I’m so happy right now! I think my cheeks are going to burst!

“Will you marry m-me—er, well, wait for me to get a better place to live for me, you, and the kid, and then get married?” Yossy asks. I smirk.

“Come on, Yossy! You know she’s going to say yes!” I shout, grinning smugly at their blushing expressions. They must have forgotten I was back here; that’ll teach them.

“Of course; the answer is yes a million times. I hope this didn’t cost you much—it’s gorgeous!”

“It was mother’s.” Yossy whispers, slipping the band around her soon-to-be bride.

Rika beams a smile brighter than the sun, pulling Yossy up into a back breaking hug, and then, she does the oddest thing. She slaps Yossy.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS!?” I shout before I can stop myself. Dang my reaction queen instincts.

“Yeah, what the Squirt said!” Yossy says, rubbing her reddening cheek with a sour expression.

“That’s for calling me Easter Island when we met when we were children!” Rika exclaims, punching Yossy in her arm again. “Oh, you’re asking for it, you better run!” Yossy warns, bending down to retie her shoes and give Rika a head start.

“KYAHHHHH~! You wouldn’t hurt your wife!” Rika screams, as her form becomes smaller and smaller in the park.

“Umm.. Yossy, you better get going. She’s kinda fast.” I advise, and with an exasperated nod, Yossy is sprinting after her.

Ahhhhh. 16 and engaged. That’s amazing isn’t it? To have already found your partner for life and started to make it a permanent bond.

There I go again with my poetic-ness.

Wait a minute, why am I still sitting here? I wanna run!

“WAIT UP YOSSY!”

----------------

I stir quietly, attempt to stretch, only to run into the floor mats. My head lolls over onto my left shoulder, and I blink in an effort to remove the cloudiness of sleep from my brain. My throat contracts painfully from thirst and I hiss in pain when a rather bright highway light flashes as we drive by.

“Hey, sleeping beauty.” Yossy greats, not taking her eyes off the road, as I finally decide to sit up.

I don’t say anything, staring blankly at the dial on the radio.

“You got a little drool on your cheek, sis.” She continues from my sleepy silence, and I reach up and rub my sleeve against the wet spot. Once I’m sure I got it all,
I rub my face up and down in an attempt to make myself more alert.

“Here, have some water.”

I snatch the bottle from her hand; it’s probably my fastest reaction since I woke. Greedily, I guzzle down the cool liquid, rubbing at my throat in hopes my throat will go back to normal.

“How long have I been asleep?” I cringe at how groggy my voice sounds and clear my throat.

“Since…noon maybe.” Yossy replies, flicking on the turn signal.

“Twelve hours? I’ve been out for twelve HOURS?” I ask, jaw dropping at the thought.

“Not twelve straight hours. You woke up earlier telling me how you’ve never P.I.T.S, but you managed to do it today, because ‘it was just the right time’.” Yossy chuckles, slapping the wheel comically, while I sit with the utmost confusion etched on my face.

“P.I.T.S?” I ask in disbelief. What is P.I.T.S?

“Peeing in the shower. Haha, I know! That was my face too when you started talking! It was hilarious!”

I blush and find an interesting building to stare at outside my window. No one was supposed to know…

“Don’t be ashamed. Everyone does it—think about it, you’re saving water and helping the planet!” Yossy jokes, reaching over to give me a painful slap on the back.

“Ha. Ha. Ha. You’re hilarious.” I say sarcastically, but I’m smiling regardless. We both relax, more than happy to be in each other’s company. I start poking at the handle on the door.

I’m really happy to have Yossy in my life. Rika too. And daddy as well…

Rika was my first friend, not counting Yossy. She always talked to me; made sure I was well and often gave me acting advice. Of course, I couldn’t help but get in a few chin jokes over the last two years; now that was a sight to see—an angry ‘Charmy’ chasing Yossy and I all over the town.

With that incident of course, came the close call of Rika’s mother being at the same mall we were after we got Rika to calm down. I ended up being the hero of the moment using old military…

I tense up a little at the opening of the wounds that never healed the right way.

Am I ready to relive that?

No. Not yet.

I let out a strangled sigh, placing my face into my hands.

“Does it have to do with what I think it is?”

I nod, “How’d you know?”

“It’s written all over your face. What’s the worst part?” Yossy asks, and I feel a lot better since I don’t have to actually tell it. She already knows the story.

“Him.” I answer simply, glaring at my reflection. Go away.

“Put it into the back of your mi-“

“It’s hard not to when I look in the mirror! This isn’t my face, it’s his!” I shout, rudely cutting my sister off, but I’m in a ‘screw everything’ mood.

“Gaki, that’s your face. It’s not your biological dad’s.” Yossy replies, perfectly calm at the wheel; a face covered by a expressionless mask, save for a quirked eyebrow. I admire that about her.

“I can’t help the way I feel, Yossy…” I trail off, feeling miserable with myself. I wish I could run right now. Running helps me so much. It clears my head.
My legs begin bouncing up and down, taking turns supporting each other, then finally stomping beats into the floor. I probably have a small case of ADHD, or maybe it’s dwelling on the past that does this to me, but it’s awful when it happens. Some part of me has to be moving, whether it’s my eyes or my toes.

“That is the one thing I can’t get over about you.” Yossy chuckles, glancing over at me for a moment.

“What?” I ask flatly, sitting on my hands.

“You go from a kid that’s upset, or even mad at the world, into some happy, hyper active teenager in less than five minutes!”

“Well…” I think for a minute for a comeback, “Well, you go from some cool football player to a sucker for long hair, brown eyes, a cute nose, and a HUMONGUS chin!”

“Oh my god…” Yossy whispers, shocked expression turning into a grin. We share a moment’s gaze into each other’s eyes and burst into uncontrollable laughter. After so much laughing, it grows painful, and with every breath I take, I can feel my bladder screaming in agony.

Eventually, my loud cackles turn into me rolling around my seat with no sound coming out, but my mouth moving like crazy. I don’t know why that’s so funny, but I start to cry. I have no idea how Yossy is holding up, but I do hear a couple snorts.

Finally, I regain my composure, taking deep breaths and fanning my eyes to calm myself. Yossy sighs and grins, switching her left hand out for her right hand on the steering wheel.

“But you know, I dig that about her. It’s sexy.” Yossy says, the utmost seriousness etched on her face.

I give her a ‘Are you serious?’ look and she grins.

“Pfffft…”

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

The poor people who were driving next to us… Never underestimate how loud two sisters can be when they’re laughing.

-----------------

The world is upside down, then normal, then back to upside down. I let it stay there for a while.

“Man, I really regret give you any of that Mountain Dew.” Yossy says, watching me do another cartwheel into a hand stand.

“Whatever~.” I sing, staring at the people rushing to the bathroom at the rest stop. We had to stop not too long after I woke up, because I was getting a little too antsy.

So, Yossy “unleashed the beast” in me and let me mess around in the grassy areas.

I wonder, can I do a back flip? How do you do that anyways? Isn’t it like—

Boom

Ow. Not like that. Most definitely not like that.

“Bakaaaaa.” Yossy says, slapping my forehead, as I lay (painfully I might add) on my back.

I lurch upright, rubbing my spine, and swipe at Yossy’s hand. She slips away with ease and takes a safer position from a distance. I shrug, not worth the effort, and go back to cartwheeling.

“Where are we going?” I ask, kicking my legs all over the place as I jump out of my cartwheel.

“Tokyo.”

“Tokyo? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?” I shout in disbelief, waving my arms frantically. How are we going to survive there? Yossy doesn’t even have a job!

“Well,” Yossy fumbles in her jacket pocket for a neatly folded piece of paper, unfolds it, and holds it out for me to read.

“G-Gatas B-Bril…brilhantes playing contract? As in… THE Gatas Brilhantes soccer team that's forming in Tokyo?”

“Looks like I’m getting back into soccer after all.” Yossy says, smirking at my shocked expression.

Eventually, it wears off and I grin at the thought of Yossy stealing the ball from some unsuspecting opponent.

“Does that mean we’re going to have a nice place to live already? What about Rika?” I rattle off my questions in rapid fire succession, staring in the direction I think home is. I miss that Easter Island statue already… I can only imagine how Yossy feels, that’s her fiancé.

“I guess I wasn’t thinking about all that earlier. They might have a place for us to stay, if not, I’m sure we’ll find something. As for Rika… she’ll come when she’s ready to come.” Yossy adds, folding her hands into each other, as she leans against the hood of her car.

I watch a couple of semi’s passing by and wave at a few of them.

“How does it feel to be in love?”

“Ne, it seems like you asked me that just yesterday.” Yossy chuckles, as I plop beside her and copy her hands.

“I’ve asked you that before?” I yawn, passing a hand through my hair. It’s grown a little too long for my liking.

“You don’t remember?  It was the day Rika kissed me.”

“No. I don’t remember that at all.” I sigh, massaging the area between my eyebrows. I feel another headache coming on.

“To answer your question, some people get different feelings when they’re in love. For me, it makes me feel…” her eyes flutter shut and her cheeks puff out, “I forget all the bullying I go through. I feel like I could run forever, which I swear you can do. Anyways, it gives me the motivation I need to make something out of myself. I have to make Rika happy and proud of me as well. When I’m with Rika, I forget all the pain and suffering I went through and… yeah.”

“Lucky…” I mumble unintentionally, and before I can blink, Yossy punches me in the arm, knocking me halfway across the parking lot. Okay, little exaggerated there, but still! That was a pretty dang painful punch!

“BAKA! Do you realize how incredibly lucky you are? You act incredibly well, you sing like an angel, and I swear you have wings for feet! Don’t even get me started on how you write either!”

I blush at her compliments, but my eyes bug out of my head at her last comment, “YOU READ MY ENGLISH ASSIGNMENTS!? ARE YOU SER-“ before I can finish my sentence, Yossy slaps a hand over my mouth.

“You and your mouth, kid.” She mutters, and I voice my opinion from behind her hand, making sure to coat it in an extra trail of slobber.

“Gross!” Yossy shouts, yanking her hand away with a noticeable trail of saliva following.

I stick my tongue out and let out an evil cackle, "Payback!"

----------------

I was so sure I was looking at an angel right now. The clouds parted and a golden light was shining through. I hear harps and holy bells ringing; I swear I’m not making this up.

“Hi there, my name’s Aya. Are you excited to be here?” the older girl introduced herself, squatting down to my level so she could see into my eyes. She must be related to someone on the team somehow.

I can’t help but give a goofy grin and nod many times. She sounds so sweet and nice~.

“That’s good to hear. What’s your name?” Aya asks, tilting her head to the side, making light brown locks cascade onto her bare shoulder.

“Gaki.” I sigh, still grinning like no tomorrow. Oh, if only Yossy saw me now. It’s too bad she left me to practice with her new teammates a little while ago. However, God seemed to like me enough, and now I’m with Aya~.

“Brat? That’s your real name?” Aya asks again (probably taking the literal translation), scooting onto the bleachers beside me.

“Risa. My last name’s Niigaki.” I explain, watching Yossy make an extremely good pass. I’ll have to compliment her on that one later.

“How cute! Some people gave me the nickname Ayaya a while back. Ah, but enough of me, you're Yossy’s little sister aren’t you?”

I nod and yawn. I feel like running again.

“That’s so cute! Are you living here from now on, just you and Yossy?” Aya questions, turning to watch the Gatas running up and down the field again. Lucky dogs…

“Mhm. I don’t know where we’re staying though.” I scratch my head and allow myself a fleeting moment of worrying. Where are going to stay? Yossy did say we might end up staying here. This is all new to me, sort of anyways, and I've never been heading somewhere with no idea of how I'm going to survive. Then there's school. I'll be in 9th, and it's safe to say Yossy isn't going to make me finish up what little school I have left by enrolling me in junior high.

“You could always stay with Mikitty and I! Well, it’s more me than anyone else. Miki is always at practice, and I’m sure Yossy will be too. So, it can be just us two!” Aya exclaims, holding her hand out for high five, and I respond a little too enthusiastically.

YES! I get to stay with Aya! Wait, that’s if Yossy allows…SHE BETTER ALLOW IT.

“Ano, who’s Mikitty?” I ask, putting a finger to my lips in thought as I scan the field.

“Mikitty is—“

“Surprise!”

I jump as a last minute reaction and dive under the bleachers in surprise, as a girl dressed in a Gatas jersey slips her hand under Aya’s skirt. I blink in disbelief and watch this mystery girl let out a high pitched cackle, withdraw her hand, then disappear back onto the field as fast she appeared.

Is that girl… a ninja?

I glance over at Aya’s blushing face and watch it change from shock, anger, a little happiness, and then exasperation. I think… she is a ninja.

“Mikitty is a grope monster.” Aya mumbles, pulling frantically at the hem of her skirt.

My face freezes in the utmost horror as I poke my head over the bleachers to watch said girl latch onto my sister. I give Aya a pleading look. She can't be her. Why does she even have the nickname of a cut animal!?

“Remind me to never leave you alone with her. It isn’t safe.” Aya continues, still caught in a blushing daze.

I nod as best I can from my position on the ground, “Please don’t.”

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 03:07:01 AM »
First! :D

Aww Ishiyoshi. Aww Yossy and Gaki sisterhood. I've never had a sister. :<

Hm, long distance relationships are complicated. I hope Miki won't add an unpredictable element to the whole Ishiyoshi pairing. Or someone else might, who knows.

And yay Miki-sama! Yes, she is ninja. Lol Ayaya is nicer and more helpless than I imagined her ever being. Ah well. XD It's cute. :3

Looking forward to seeing Yossy/Gaki live with GAM! :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline maikeatoot

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 'KameShige'!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 03:41:58 AM »
  yoh! secoNd !!haha im really a fan of ishiyoshi.!yehey!!!keep up d goOd work.!

Offline risa_ai

• Member+
  • Matsui, Midget, Gaki and random breadcrumbs~
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 03:57:17 AM »
More band-aids? I ain't gonna survive. xD

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • do a thing make a writing
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 05:29:09 AM »
Ack, I got caught up in writing and commenting and our messages that I forgot to comment on the last chapter, my bad T___T

Haha the fanfic section is graced with Ishiyoshi once more~ and engaged, no less! At such a young age, too. XD Though the romantic in me wants it all to work out, the realist knows there's lots of bumps in the road before then... If you even intend them to work out. And, what's this, GAM appearance as well? Haha it's been much too long. :heart:

Keep up the good work. :3

Offline Dswizzle10

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 05:10:28 AM »
[Shall add comments later: Working on secret writing project]
*sneaks off* :mon trudge:

Quietriot: Don't worry about it. I was caught up in Yo Yo Girl Cop last night. The American title is awful :S And yes, GAM. That's the center of my world right now. :heart: [WHY SHOJI WHY!? AYA AND MIKI WERE FINE WITH OUT YOU! :on speedy:] *Cough* I mean, I'm sooooo happy for those two... *suspicious eyes*
risa_ai: Full body cast? :D
maikeatoot: We need more Ishiyoshi/GAM/Takagaki around here. And yay~ *hugs* You wrote about an angsty-ish Gaki too!
Estrea: Yossy is the sister of all our dreams :farofflook: Ohhhh no no. We have Miki whipped for our dear little Aya. :3

You guys know how Risa can make her thumb touch the back of her hand? I can do it too~ I feel special.  :twothumbs:

*suspenseful silence*
MIKI MATSUURA FTW! :mon beam:

Chapter 6

She dreamt of fire. Not red, but passionate blue flames licking happily at the floor and walls. Everything it touched turned an ugly brown, twisting and twisting until it was unrecognizable. Black clouds of smoke swam in her field of vision, which was already small, thanks to the yellow-green blanket she was swaddled in.

She coughed several times, still feeling incredibly sleepy, as she sat up and kicked the blankets off. Horrified, she looked over, noting many of her books and pictures were nothing more than ash by now. There were holes in the floor and support beams lay at random all over the place. It was a miracle the roof hadn’t collapsed and killed her.

Even with instincts screaming at her to run, she only sat on her bed, miraculously still untouched by fire, and traced over the flowers stitched onto her pillows.

It was blazing hot, needless to say, the air around her was waving in agony as vicious flames shot up from seemingly nowhere. Still, little Gaki only sat in her own little world, watching with attentiveness not seen as her age, as her surroundings crumbled and fell.

Then, as if coming back to her senses, little Gaki jumped up, sprinting through plumes of fire with her head covered. Her bare feet were nimble and quick, though a large amount of hesitation could be seen with every step.

She was eerily calm, and it seemed that all was silent. Not a sound. Not even her feet made a sound when she landed on a creaky step.

By the time she reached the kitchen, the fire was gone, and the room was bathed in dark blue light.

She wondered what to do as she stood on her tiptoes to see over the counter. She was aware she was dreaming, which made her hair stand on end, as she traced over familiar parts of the room.

A pure white light began shining from underneath the door leading to her backyard. Curiously, she walked over and tried the knob. Stuck.

One of the hinges is busted. I have to lift it.

She reminded herself of the trick to the door, doing so, then pushing it open. This wasn’t her backyard.

The sun was shining on a meadow of flowers and she swore she saw Mt. Fuji in the distance.

She looked up, noting that everything seemed to be underwater, though she wasn’t wet. Glancing behind at her still fervently burning house, Risa decided she would rather be as far away from the building as possible.

So, the ten-year-old set off to collect a bouquet of daises, as she hummed a made up song.

And as she was picking away, her foot collided with something metal, and upon further investigation, found it to be a vintage camera.

Perhaps it was an act of littering, but whatever the case, she was fascinated with this object.

Curiously, she held the camera to her face, squinted and took a picture of a nearby daisy.

---------------

“Hey, are you alright?” A voice calls out, and I’m guessing it’s to me.

I rub my head and roll over onto my hands and knees. I must have fallen off of the couch.

“Hey.” A hand appears in my vision and I reach out to take it. I lean against the couch cushion and rub my eyes. When I close them, I still can still see that camera.

An arm drapes across my shoulder, and I lean against the body next to me and close my eyes. Quick fingers work soothing circles into my back and I yawn.

Wait, who is this person?

I jerk my head upright, curling my hands into fists, as I get a better look at who I’m laying with. Ohhhhhhh no.

I look around frantically and groggily call out, “Aya!”

“No, no, no! Calm down. I grope, but not on little kids.” Miki whispers, hurriedly holding out a pinky for me to hold.

I quirk an eyebrow, warily extending my pinky as well, and seal the deal. Now if she even touches me that way, I can call the cops.

“What are you doing up?” I ask, scooting away from her for safety measures.

“What are you doing up?” Miki shoots back, sending a challenging look my way.

“I had a dream.” I respond, suddenly very thirsty.

“I heard you having that dream. I needed a moment to myself too.” Miki adds quietly, staring off into space. I can’t help but wonder what’s going on inside there.

Silence fills the air.

I glance around the house I’ll be staying in. It reminds me of home, but a little smaller; Your standard living room, bathroom, a kitchen that leads into the garage and three bedrooms, if memory serves correctly. The walls are a creamy white color, which I’m thankful for this late at night. It makes it so we’re not in complete darkness.

“I’m not sure if this will change your mind about me, but I was an orphan once upon a time too.” Miki blurts out, staring down at her sock clad feet with newfound interest.

I turn and stare at her. “Orphan?”

“My parents didn’t really want me either, kid. I figured it would be hard talking to you, considering how you saw me in Grope Demon mode earlier. I didn’t think this would be our common ground though.” Miki says, struggling with some of her words, as she sheepishly scratches her head.

What are the chances of this happening?

I nod in understanding, forgetting about my prevailing thirst, as I scoot a little closer, “Yossy told you.”

It’s a statement. Not a question.

“I might as well not have had parents. We were around each other, but it’s not your typical parent-child relationship. I lived on the streets for a while, so I have a yanki personality sometimes. Don’t let it bother you though. Aya’s made me a softie.”

“Aya?”

“I met Aya… it’s a really long story. Let’s just say one of my first memories of her is waking up on a slide with her watching me.”

She chuckles and glances fondly at the room Aya must be sleeping in.

Hmm. I wonder…

“She’s very kind. I’m not surprised she offered you two a place to stay after what happened. She must be lonely here when I’m gone. You have to take care of her for me from now on.”

I nod in affirmation and pull my hair away from my neck. It’s hot.

“Do you know what school you’re going to?”

“Not at all. Why?”

“Ne, you could always go to my school. I only go there for math.”

“Math?” I deadpan.

“I suck at math!” Miki says whispers, well, it’s more borderline quiet yelling.

“I can tutor you.” I offer, remember how much I loved algebra, but hated geometry.

“Nah. I’m fine. I don’t want to make you do that unless there’s something I can trade fairly for it.”

“Why does it have to be a trade?”

“Eh, it’s a code I picked up as a child. We’ll talk in the morning at practice. I’ll get you some water, but you get back into bed.” Miki orders, covering her mouth to
hide a yawn.

“Yes, mommy.” I tease, rolling my eyes, as I cover myself up with a blanket.

“Hey, watch your back little punk. I have a crowbar back in my room you can wear as an earring.” Miki threatens with a chuckle, shaking her fist in anger at me.

“Quiet, Yanki Demon Groper.” I yawn, closing my eyes and snuggling into a pillow.

“Damn right I am.” I hear her whisper in response as she heads into the kitchen to get my water.

Ah, Miki isn’t that bad. I actually like her. She’s pretty, just like Aya. I just wonder about them.

“Here, I doubt you’ll drink it since you’re halfway to dream land, but there’s water for you on the table.”

I grunt in appreciation.

“And just so you know, you can talk to me about anything. I understand you better than you think.”

--------------

I watch my feet take turns hitting the track. I walk alone in complete silence, save for the sounds of the Gatas practicing in their field beside me.

I keep thinking of what Miki said to me last night and I don’t understand. Why me? Why did she tell me so much? I let out an exasperated sigh. I just can’t wrap my mind around her reasons. Does she have an ulterior motive for this? Yeah, right. “I’ll tell this kid something personal about me so I can kill her off!”

I scoff at myself and kick at a loosened piece of tar. It still doesn’t make sense.

Still, I have the feeling I don’t need to question the universe. Yeah, that sounds good to me. Just go with the flow.

I take a deep breath and release, happy to put that concern in the back of my mind. I pull my track jacket closer to my body, perplexed at how chilly it is this morning. The air is slightly foggy as well. Meh, it is pretty cold for a summer morning. Regardless of the circumstances, I like my choice of shorts and a track jacket very much. It gives me somewhere to put my hands.

I chuckle quietly to myself and mess with the hair tie in my pocket. Just yesterday, I was deathly afraid of Miki. Now, I have this feeling. Not like a crush or anything, but it’s like my unconscious is telling me something. Miki is going to be close to me—closer than Yossy. The thought scares me, but I’m surprisingly accepting of it. She has that one thing in common with me Yossy never will. Of course, I love Yossy. She was my first friend. She protected me and loved me. She was my confident.

But Miki… I have a feeling we’re alike; it’s probably our experience as children that connects us. It has to. I would say I see myself in her, but it’s probably the opposite way around. She’s wiser and older. I’m the child.

I hear cheers behind me and decide someone scored a goal. A whistle blows and everyone gets ready to go again.

That reminds me, what was that dream about? Fire. Fire that didn’t hurt me.

That’s a lie.

I shivered at the memory and pawed at my neck. Fire did hurt me in real life. In this dream though, it didn’t. It was silent. In reality, it was viciously loud. The kitchen was burning as well. There was no beautiful backyard for me to frolic in.

My fingers shake and twitch as I trace over the familiar scar. Yossy never knew the whole story. I couldn’t, no, can’t talk about it to anyone. It’s too real.

Moving on.

The part that has all my attention is that camera I found. It looked old. Maybe it was because of the picture I stole, but why? It makes no sense. Yet… I can’t forget it. I close my eyes and it’s all I see. I don’t understand.

Why can’t I understand?

I feel my anger swelling up and boiling in my stomach. I’ve been having trouble with that lately. I usually count to ten and forget, but it’s becoming harder to do. I’m remembering more.

No. I’m unsealing the gateway of my memories.

I didn’t fall asleep until way after Miki went to bed. I kept thinking. Of course, I was half asleep, so the pain was numbed.

I remembered my scar. I remembered how. I remembered a lot of things.

You would think I was hurt.

No.

I’m just angry. I want to fight. I don’t need a reason. Anger doesn’t need one.

My fists clench inside my pocket and I’m glad I’m wearing a jacket. No one needs to see me this way.

In fact, I better move somewhere less crowded and let some of this go.

---------------

I decided to explore most of the training facility and got lucky enough to come about this empty boxing training room.

I barely stumble inside and shut the door before I start pummeling the nearest punching bag. I lose my mind for a while, punching, kneeing, and screaming in pure rage at and on this bag.

Why did you leave?

Whumph

I did nothing to you! I was a good kid!

Slam

I hate you! You’re the reason I have so many problems!

Slam

Clap

I go completely calm in that moment, halfway through the motion of throwing a punch, and stare at the hand wrapped around my wrist.

I start breathing again (I must have stopped when I started my rage fit), but it’s ragged. All of those hits are coming right back at me. A bead of sweat drips down my face. I swallow hard, my throat suddenly tight, and travel up the hand, then arm of the person holding me.

Miki.

Her face shows no emotion, but her eyes betray that sentiment. Maybe Yossy doesn’t have the fieriest eyes in Japan. I see pain and regret. Remorse and loss.
Anger.

Her hand tightens around my wrist.

I’m on the ground before I know it with her squatting over my exhausted form.

“Find a different outlet. Violence is never the solution. It hurts people you love.”

The sentences are short and clippy. So is the dangerously low voice it’s said in.

“What else can I do?” I shriek, trying to sit up, but get pushed back down by a strong hand.

I swear if you laugh you’re dead… I write poetry when I’m mad.”

The hand on my chest recoils into her lap.

I open my mouth to giggle, but stop cold at the death glare sent my way.

“Don’t make me start groping little kids.” Miki growls, flushing pink.

I nod in exasperation and sit up. I’m not so angry anymore. I pick at my tennis shoes in shame for losing myself like that. Never again.

“You write poetry?”

“Poetry.” Miki reaffirms.

“What kind?”

“All kinds.”

“About Aya?” I blurt out. Ohhhhhh, crap.

Miki stares down at me, eyes bugging out of her head, and I wonder if I’m going to live past the next five seconds.

Instead, she merely shrugs. “How?”

“What?” I’m sure I screamed it instead of at normal level. Either way, she seemed not to care. I’m just surprised I’m not a bleeding carcass on a training room floor. Grateful, but incredibly surprised.

“You obviously know I like her.” She responds quietly, pulling me to my feet.

“Like her? You aren’t dating?”

She shakes her head in response.

“Are you serious…?”

She sadly nods.

This… could work.

“How about that trade?” I ask, holding out a hand for her to take.

“Trade? For what?”

“I’ll help you get together with Aya, and maybe a little math, in exchange for teaching me how to write poetry.” I offer, and after a minute of consideration, she
shakes my hand.

“Deal, but it won’t be easy. She doesn’t think of me that way.”

“I rise to challenges.” I say with a grin.

Huh. To thing I was ready to fight the world a while ago. Now I’m ready to bring love into it.

Life is funny in that way.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:37:59 AM by Dswizzle10 »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »
Poor Gaki, why do we feel the need to be so terrible to her lately? :lol:

But the FujiGaki bonding is looking awesome already.

Offline Dswizzle10

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »
I present ye all with a short tale of Miki and Gaki! *waves around holy sword* This is a short little omake before the main arc begins. *waves goodbye to the childhood arc*

Enjoy~

An Afternoon With FujiGaki: Operation GAM

“Un, she likes mirrors.”

“Miki, get serious.”

“No, I am serious.”

I give her a skeptical expression and write it down in our notebook with a sigh. I came up with the idea a couple days ago to write down things Aya likes; that way, I can help Miki better. It’s a good idea, but the hard part is getting Miki to say something useful.

“She likes mirrors? What a wonderful reason to like someone.” I tease, dotting every other line to make a list.

Miki snatches the pencil from my hand and slaps it across my forehead, “Shut up.”

“Nice comeback.” I grin, rubbing the small red spot with my pinky. I take my pencil back and start tapping it against the table in thought.

I know Miki’s trying, but it’s hard for her to let some of her feelings out. I can’t be mad, we’re the same that way. Still, five hours of sitting here in silence is too much.

“Some people think Aya’s personality is fake, but it’s completely genuine.”

“And?” I grin and tap my pencil against the (almost) empty page. We’re finally getting somewhere.

Miki shrugs and picks at a bunch of fuzz on her shirt, “I guess that’s why I like her so much.”

“Explain.” I sigh, rubbing my temples. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere…

“She’s the only girl around here that has the nerve to tell me off for starters.” Miki sighs dreamily, staring into space. I quirk an eyebrow—this is different. Miki-- likes to be...dominated?

“She has those eyes—the kind you get lost in without meaning to—and the softest, fullest lips that you want to lean into—“

“Save it for Aya, tiger.” I say desperately, pushing the older girl away from me when I noticed her unconsciously leaning into me with her eyes closed. Oblivious to her actions, Miki carries on in her speech.

“—and kiss. When she first wakes up, she lets out the cutest yawns. Showers with her are the best too~.”

I jerk my head up.

“Hang on, what was that again?”

“I said—“

Mikitty!”

We both gasp and stare at the door, completely horrified at the sound of that voice. The sounds of small feet echo through the walls. Miki jumps at the sound, repeatedly running from the door to the table, all while chewing on her finger nails. An innate feeling of dread pools in the pit of my stomach at the sight of a shaken Miki. I mean... it's Miki, the yanki that glares at everyone and barely shows any fear! Miki, my fearless leader!

“Oh shit, oh shit!”

I nod my head frantically in agreement and stare down at my notebook. I twitch and slap my forehead. Great idea, Gaki, write ‘Aya and Miki’ as big as you can on top of the page!

I could always flip over the page and act like nothing was wrong?

No, no, no! I’m terrible at lying!

“Miki…” I whimper, trembling as the definitive clicking of boots continues to grow louder. The older girl looks down at me, shaking as much as I am, and we both jump at the sound of jingling keys.

“What the hell are we going to do!?” I whisper, half scream, in the heat of the moment, wringing the notebook against my chest. Miki jerks her shoulders up and drags me to my feet.

I swat her hand from my shoulder and toss the notebook to her.

She throws it back.

“I’m not holding it!”

My eyes widen and I throw it back before she finishes her sentence. I can’t face Aya like that! It’s like killing a kid’s mom and welcoming them home with a bloody knife!

“I can’t lie to Aya!”

I barely get my sentence out before a flurry of paper flies past my head.

Chink

Flap

“Oh shit.” We say in tandem, staring like deer caught in headlights at the open notebook lying in the corner of the room next to a knocked over plant. Faster than the speed of sound, Miki and I are in the corner, tugging the booklet from each other; I’m not even sure why I’m trying to get it! I'm just desperate to get rid of this thing!

Crack

I make a pained face and rear my hand back.

Crack

“Why you little…” Miki hisses, holding her cheek. She glares at me and curls her hand into a fist—

“Miki~!”

My mouth opens, but before I let out one of my famous reactions, Miki shoves something into it and clamps my mouth shut.

I turn around and gag, but start to chew. Just look at the wall. Just look at the wall.

“Oh! Good morning, Risa!” Aya calls from the doorway, kicking off her shoes.

Ack—“

Miki slaps my back and I cover my mouth to keep from puking. I throw a hand over my shoulder in greeting to Aya.

“Ne, Mikitty, what did you do to her?” Aya asks in amusement.

I glance up at her, wondering what she’ll say, because I have no clue what’s going on!

Putting her head down, Miki tosses her head in silence, cheeks puffed out in an effort not to puke.

“I doubt you didn’t do anything to her. I’m taking a shower; you better be able to tell me what’s going on when I get out, Tan.”

We both cringe and sulk into each other as Aya slips into her and Miki’s shared bedroom and shuts the door.

“Bleck!” I shout once I hear the shower cut on, fanning my tongue to get rid of the taste of trees.

“You act like you’re the only one who ate it!” Miki hisses, snatching the plastic watering bucket Aya keeps for her plants, and tips the bucket back. Water goes
everywhere… except her mouth.

Alright, payback time for slapping me around, Fujimoto.

“Hey, Tan~! Why are you so wet? Were you having wet dreams about me again?”

Screw me now. My ideas suck.

The water bucket clatters to the floor, long forgotten, and I start backing up.

“Why. You. Little. Twerp.” Miki growls between angry breathes, as her hands reach out for me.

Chuckling despite the nervous feeling twisting in my stomach, I glance around the empty apartment for something to defend myself. Nothing.
Miki smirks at my horrified expression.

“E-e-e-e-e-eh… I-I’m sor-rry, Mi—AYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

Offline maikeatoot

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 'KameShige'!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
 eeh! maikea want some ishiyoshi 'sweet' moments!!!!! :)

Offline Dswizzle10

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 01:30:32 AM »
^Patient, young one, patient. *Evilly rubs hands together* You'll get your moments in the future. Promise. *holds out pinky*

Offline Dswizzle10

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »

Chapter 7

I frown and watch one of my teammates being dragged over to the bench beside me. He groans in pain, hovering his right leg in the air—sprained ankle, maybe. I give him a reassuring smile and pat him on the back.

4th quarter.

I lick my lips and tap my fingers anxiously against my helmet. The other running back better pull through since coach gave me a break. On top of that, we just lost our best wide receiver. I groan as the information sets in and rub the large numeral printed on my jersey. Twenty-one—my lucky number.

“Ohhhhhh. Looks like the Emperor Penguins’ wide receiver has been benched with an injury to his right ankle.”

“The score is 14 to 16, twenty-three seconds on the clock. The Penguins have just called a time out. I wonder who they’ll substitute in.”

I roll my eyes and swipe a piece of grass off my shoulder. Whoever decided we should be named after a penguin deserves to die. Don’t get me wrong, penguins are adorable, but would you like it if you were wearing a black and white uniform with a bowtie painted on the chest? Would you still like it if it made the opposing team laugh their asses off? I don’t think so.

“Niigaki, come over here.”

Glancing around to be sure I’m the one he wants, I haul myself onto my feet, tossing my sweat-soaked braided hair over my shoulder and march over to my coach.

“Yes, sir?” I croak, suddenly wishing I had grabbed my Gatorade.

“Can you do it?” my coach asks, turning away from me to stare off into the night sky.

I scrunch my face up in confusion at his cryptic question, “Do what?”

“Can you cover for that idiot sitting on the bench?”

I take a couple steps back and stare at the older man contemplatively stroking the beginning of a beard.

Me? Wide receiver? I’m a little bit too small for that.

“I’ve never played that position, coach.” I respond quietly, staring at my cleats. He’s out of his mind.

“I have faith in you, Risa. Get out there and prove me right.”

“Yes, sir!” I shout uncertainly, running back to the bench for a quick drink, and grab my helmet. I slap it onto my head, tightening the strap around my chin as I dash onto the field, pausing to send the frenzied crowd a wave.

“Wow, they’re sending out running back Niigaki Risa as a substitute. I guess that means it’s—“

“Brat time!”

“That’s right! For you newcomers, Niigaki is the only girl on the team and has played for two years. She’s earned herself an honorary spot with the guys.”

“If you’re wondering why we say it’s ‘Brat time’, Gaki is the nickname she got as a child, but she earned that name on the team because she moves faster than a five-year-old loaded with sugar!”

“I wonder what she can do with just twenty-three seconds.”

I wave a couple more times and point down at the field goal. I’m taking it there, I tell them. A bunch of hand-made posters fly into the air with my name written on them or drawings of a chibi version of myself. I grin at the reception and bow for affect. They go insane. Nodding at my work, I take a step back.

“What am I doing, Seiji?” I call out, running to catch up with the towering quarter back captain. He beckons the rest of the guys over for a group huddle and lugs his arm over me.

“I’m pretty sure the other team is blitzing. I know you don’t know much about wide receiver, given your size. Gaki, all you need to worry about is this: You’re taking a slant route. Three hard steps forward when the ball gets snapped, then slant towards the center. Keep an eye open for the ball and as soon as you get it, do what you do best.”

I dig my tooth into my lower lip and nod in understanding. Easy enough. Seiji goes on to explain the rest of the play to the team and I take a few minutes to collect myself.

“Everyone in, ‘Ganbatte’ on three.”

We all throw our hands in the center.

“One.”

“Two.”

“Three.”

“Ganbatte!”

“Now let’s go kick some ass!”

--------------

I carefully watch the center, waiting for that snap of the ball, and start to feel the old tingles of impatient flooding my system. I chew on my mouth guard since I’ve found that it quells the locked up child inside me.

“16-years-old and you still act like a kid.” I joke to myself in the silence that surrounds me. I’m off to the side from the rest of the team. Far away enough that they can’t really hear me; yet close enough for me to run and get the ball.

I let out a grunt and roll out the kinks in my back. No time for playing right now. Through the thick padding of my helmet, I hear the faintest hint of old American rock music. I smile and get down into a sprinting position. They sure know how to get people fired up.

Everything goes eerily silent, like the build-up before a deadly explosion, and I lick my cracked lips. I should really invest in Chap Stick; It’s all because I started the habit of chewing on lip before the first play like a puppy teething. I sniff and swipe at my eye black; it’s all Yossy’s fault for passing that habit to me.

The world jumps from its frozen state, propelling me into a world of screeching fans and grunts of frustration of my teammates. It’s like a war.

I live for war.

My legs leap into motion like a warm knife through butter, springing into an easy run I use in the beginning of a play.

“One, two-” I murmur to myself, briefly glancing over my shoulder and hesitating when I see the ball flying towards me. I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts racing through my mind, pivot, and spring up with outstretched hands.

Shit! It’s high… I’m not sure if I can catch it…

Every muscle in my arms stretches and pulls, sending aching fire through my system. Time slows down. I reach further upwards, unconsciously spinning around so my body is parallel with the ball.

Pack

Caught!

I compliment myself mid-jump, cradling the ball to my side with a grin, and I look to my right, down at the end zone.

There’s a girl.

A girl holding a camera.

She’s gorgeous.

I haven’t even seen her face…

I’m so glad I haven’t touched the ground yet, otherwise coach would be screaming at me for gawking. I mentally slap myself for acting this way. To think someone is pretty, even more so beautiful, without seeing their face is ridiculous. Hell, I’m basically saying the camera attached to her face is attractive. I can already hear Yossy’s teasing in my head. Yet… I still feel this way.

My awkward landing on one sideways foot jars me back into reality. Instinct propels me forward, into a full blown sprint, but I’m not running to score a touchdown.

I need to see her.

The roar of the crowd becomes a distant echo of cries of anguish or excitement, depending on which team they’re rooting for. It’s like a scene straight from a movie. The grass is a beautiful green, but much brighter due to the illumination from the lights. The yard lines are the perfect shade of white, so bright in fact, they’re painful to look at. I close my eyes as a reflex when I see the 20 yard line; no one will catch me now.

I shift myself into my top running gear, allowing myself a small grin of satisfaction when the stomping of cleats behind me slows and disappears. I’ve never been caught. I’m too smooth and fast for anyone to lay a hand on me.

My eyes blink open just as I cross the line for a touchdown. I sigh in relief and kick my feet out to slow myself. Soon enough, all my physical efforts take their toll on me, as I bend over and burst into a couching fit. The ball rolls from my hands and I dig my fingernails into my legs, dragging them up and down viciously. I swear I’m allergic to something on this field. Whenever I get done running, my legs itch like never before. Finally, I satisfy the odd sensation in my legs and undo my helmet, standing up to my full height.

Click

A bright light blinds my sight for a few moments, and I groan and rub my eyelids. I’ll be seeing spots well into tonight.

When I can see again, I glance up, blushing red to the roots of my hair. By God, was I right! She’s gorgeous. No, she’s perfect. She gives me the hint of a smile, removing herself from the edge of the fence to tuck her camera into her bag, as she walks away.

Wh…wha… what the… H-hang on!

I turn and watch her form disappear into the crowd, blindly stumbling into an awkward run. She smiles and walks away from me! How is that fair?

“Hey y-“

Bang

Thud

--------------

“You ran into the goal post? That’s classic! What happened?” Miki snorts, ignoring Aya’s glare in her direction. I pout and rest my head on my chin while Aya presses an ice pack against my purple eye.

“Shut up, Tan.” I growl, earning a giggle from the girl beside me on the couch, but a death glare from the girl in the kitchen doorway.

“I can tell her EVERYTHING right now.” I mouth behind Aya’s back, sending Miki a threatening glare. Miki twitches and grumbles something I can’t hear and heads into the kitchen. I smirk and tally up the score.

Miki-20. Me-23. Oh yes, I’m kicking her butt.

“Ne, Risa why did you run into the goal? Everyone stood up the moment you scored and I couldn’t see anything.” Aya explains, carefully examining the bruised flesh under the ice pack. Aya was the only one that ended up coming to the game. Miki and Yossy both had a game, but they had insisted Aya go to represent them, since they hadn’t missed a game before. I appreciated the thought and couldn’t wait to tell Yossy play by play of the game when she got home from extra practice tonight.

A dull heat crept to my cheeks as I glanced away, spotting a rather interesting piece of dust in the corner.

Chuckling at my sudden shyness, Aya gave my cheek a pinch and stood up, “I understand.”

I sighed in relief that she wasn’t going to push at my obvious discomfort of remembering the minutes before I knocked myself out. I mentally slapped myself for that short moment of weakness and pressed the ice pack further against my skin, even though it screamed in protest.

“Tan?” Aya called out experimentally, quirking an eyebrow when the fumbling the refrigerator ceased.

“Yes?” came the exasperated reply, accompanied by a tired looking Fujimoto dressed in an orange jersey trudging into the living room. Spotting the now empty spot on the couch, Miki jumped over the back, collapsing into a heap next to me.

“You okay?” I ask, puzzled by the sudden change in her attitude. The older groans in recognition, closing her eyes, but then, tossing her head over in my direction and cracking an eye open to send me a discreet wink. I disguise the chuckle that escapes from me as a cough, pressing my face into a couch cushion.

“Yeah, maybe you’ve been working too hard at practice.” I hear Aya mutter to Miki, accompanied by a sigh of satisfaction from the latter.

Cautiously, I peek between the empty space between my arm and my side, grinning at the sight of a worried Aya gently massaging the older girl’s shoulders.

Miki wearily opens her eyes and meets my gaze. We share a short conversation.

Faker.

It’s more like… manipulation in the right ways.

Oh whatever.

Jealous?

Jealous? Of what, how you can’t confess?

Ouch, low blow.

And this round once again goes to the brat!

“Hey, Miki, I saw your cousin at the game.” Aya murmured softly, just in case said girl was dozing off.

Oh, Aya, if only you knew.

Quickly shutting her eyes and lolling her head back, Miki cracked her eyes back open the slightest and let out a fake yawn.

“Taking pictures as usual?” Miki questioned back, and I shot to attention, drawing questioning glances from two pairs of eyes.

I coughed and lowered the quickly melting ice pack into my lap, pretending not to be interested in their conversation. But, I was.

Miki had a cousin—a cousin that took pictures. Maybe… it was her? No, no, it couldn’t be, could it? There were lots of people at the game. The odds were incredibly
slim. Even with that in mind, my heart began furiously beating in my chest at the thought that I had a chance of seeing her again.

Aya hummed in response, inching her working hands lower on Miki’s back, an odd look flickering in those brown eyes. “I’m pretty sure she took a couple pictures of Risa. She was in the perfect pl-“

“Was she at the end zone? Against the fence? Old fashion camera?” I blurt out, practically jumping into Miki’s lap even though she wasn’t the one giving me information.

Her face twitches and a smirk becomes plastered on her features.

Screw me now. Abandon ship! Abandon ship!

Oh I understand now. Did she distract you with those luscious brown curls? Those full lips? What about that che- Ow!” Miki cries, holding her head while giving Aya a startled glance.

“She doesn’t need your teasing. Does she tease you about who-“

“Yes, actually. I do.” I smirk, crossing my arms and tilting my chin up.

Aya goes silent, Miki fidgets, and I mentally grab popcorn for the show.

“You like someone?”

Miki bites her lower lip and twiddles her thumbs. She glances at me from the corner of her eye. I give her subtle nod to answer.

She nods in response.

“Who, Tan?” Aya whispers softly, pressing her face into the crook of Miki’s neck. The older girl visibly stiffens and a light blush colors her cheeks, which is, thankfully for her, barely visible against her tan.

Miki remains silent.

“Why can’t you tell me?”

Miki shuffles her feet, tipping her head forward so her hair covers most of her face. “You wouldn’t like me after you knew.”

It’s a childish response, filled with undisguised fear and sadness. It’s a response that isn’t Miki, but at the same time, is. I frown and think about my own self. The secret one I haven’t shared with anyone except Miki. Because we have a shared past.

“Yes, I would. We’re friends forever, Tan.”

I cringe at that promise, while intended good-naturedly, is probably the worst thing to say to someone in this situation. Quickly, I tap Aya on the shoulder, gesturing to their bedroom. Let me talk to her.

Aya nods slowly, her gaze lingering on me for a moment longer before looping her arms around Miki, squeezing slightly, then shyly pressing a kiss to the back of Miki’s ear. She blushes lightly when she catches my knowing gaze and slips into the bedroom, quickly shutting the door.

“That went exactly how I wanted.”

My jaw drops in shock. I should be saying that!

“Y-you planned all of that?” I whisper, ice pack dropping to the carpet.

“Manipulation goes hand in hand with acting.” Miki grins, tapping her ear suggestively.

Thwock

“Shame on you for playing with my emotions!” I pout, readying my hand to flick her forehead again.

She feigns hurt, placing a hand over her heart and falling onto the rest of the couch.

“So, when…?” I trail off, nodding my head towards the direction of the bedroom.

“Not sure. I wasn’t lying when I gave her my reasons for not telling her. That kiss was surprising.” Miki adds, thoughtfully cupping her face with her hand.

“She was blushing.” I add quietly, retrieving my fallen ice pack so it won’t leave a wet spot.

Miki raises her eye brow and hums in approval. We sit in silence for a few minutes.

“Do you really have a crush on my cousin?” Miki smirks, pleased with my reaction, which is blushing and shrinking into the corner of the couch under her stare.

“I’m not even sure if it’s her.” I mutter, digging my fingernails into the couch cushion.

“I’m sure it was. Ai is… strange. She’s the only girl I know that uses an old camera in this day and age.”

I nod in agreement, relaxing now that the conversation is directed at me. Er… never mind.

“And why should I even let you near , let alone, date my precious little Ai-chan? I’m not sure if I trust you after I found you reading that yuri hentai manga.” Miki grins, and I groan at that… incident being brought up.

“I didn’t know!” I blurt out; being that it’s the first thing on my mind.

“You didn’t know that, and you were standing in the adult section of the manga store?” Miki scoffs, grinning maliciously.

“I-I-I-I…don…I-I-I d-didn… I WAS CURIOUS, DAMN!” I growl, now a blushing and sweating mess.

Miki lets out a nefarious cackle, holding her sides and gasping for air.

“Shut up.” I hiss, pushing her off the couch. I stand up, ready to pounce and strangle her to death for mentioning that, but at the least, I’m glad she didn’t bring it up around Aya or Yossy.

“Wait, wait, wait!” Miki cries out, catching my flying fist, “I’ll help you.”

Suspicious, I pull my fist back, “Help me what, exactly?”

“Help you talk to Ai. No one knows the way to her heart better than family.” Miki declares, jumping to her feet, and placing her arm around my shoulder.

I have a feeling… this isn’t going to be good.

The score is now 26-23.

Things don't look very good right now.

Offline maikeatoot

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 'KameShige'!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 03:37:50 AM »

where is my ishiyoshi sweetness!!! you're torturing me huh   :bleed eyes: but yehey! maikea want soMe takagaki lovelove toO.!my gosh!!  update!update!update!!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:20:58 AM by maikeatoot »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:28 AM »
Omg, Gaki being so distracted by pretty ai that she rubs into the goal post? XD can't wait for them to meet.

Offline Dswizzle10

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:55 AM »
Shainingj, this is for you buddy, because you managed to unblock my writer's block.

My bucket list
  • Invent Advil for Writer's Block
  • pet a dolphin
  • meet Santa
  • find out where all cookies went. Note: Santa is clean here.

Moving on. I'll add responses later, since I've got a lot of editing to do on the below. Oh boy... my to-do list is long today  :cry:

Chapter 8

Oh, catastrophes. What are they again?

Ah, right. The moment when some divine god gives you the bird and decides to stand by and watch you suffer.

And at the moment, I was trapped under a DVD rack, face pressed into the carpet (which needed to be noted was very soft) swearing on my nose mole that I would go after the person (or god) that wished such… such… an embarrassing situation on me. Seriously, why me? What did I do?

Of course

My eyes flickered upwards and a smidge to the right to take in the very flustered individuals on separate ends of the couch. I wasn’t the only one caught in this situation. In fact, I had no clue why I was so embarrassed. I didn’t have my hands up someone’s shirt whilst kissing, no, making-out on the couch. No, I was clean there. Instead, I had dozens of assorted movie cases digging into the skin of my backside. I had movies in places I didn’t know existed. I mentally shrugged, I could take this. A part of me felt very bad for the duo fidgeting and looking everywhere else besides the other. Right, why was I embarrassed again?

“Miki.”

Oh, yeah. I remember now. I groaned, hoped no one was paying attention to me, and pulled a nearby DVD to my face. Have you ever been in a situation where someone you haven’t seen in like a week (and another person who you haven’t seen in a year or two)—a person you miss very much—shows up at the worst time and the last thing you want is to see their face?

“Aya.”

That’s how I feel about Yossy, currently standing in front of the TV with her arms crossed and currently filling the ‘disappointed-father-who-just-caught-his-precious-daughter-with-her-pants-down’ role perfectly. But I knew Yossy, so it was more of a ‘faux-disappointed-father-who-caught-his-daughter-with-pants-down-and-setting-up-for-teasing’ role; we were all in for it whenever she got serious. Of course, my beloved sister-in-law was also here, quietly observing the scene with a warm smile on her face.

Ha! Easter Island!

I grinned despite myself, wriggled an arm free, and waved my arm about the floor in hopes of catching her attention.

“H-hai!” two voices, completely in sync, rang out against the awkward, albeit humorous atmosphere we had been plunged into the moment the door swung open.

Aya blushed.

Miki blushed.

Yossy smirked.

Rika didn’t notice me.

I groaned and shook a DVD case.

Rika finally glanced over my way, just in time to see me mouth “help”.

Yossy pays us no mind, ignoring the scuffling of DVD’s being torn away from my body, and instead focuses back on Miki and Aya, still pretending the other doesn’t exist.

“Are you alright?”

“Now I am.” I sigh, rubbing my neck and stretching my legs. Who knew DVDs could weigh so much.

We keep our voices low, as to not disturb whatever tongue-in-cheek comments are being cooked up in Yossy’s head. A sharp prick at the nape of my neck tells me I’ll be included whenever she sets up the punch line. Unconsciously, I begin the scratch the patch of skin where I feel the itch, and Rika sends me a sympathetic look. She must feel it too.

“Should I stop this?” Rika whispers, pointing a delicate finger towards the trio behind us.

I furiously shake my head and cautiously stand up with aim to return back to the kitchen where it’s safe, “No, no,” I pause and reflect on all the years I’ve been with Yossy, “It’s like a bad case of diarrhea. You just have to let it… go.”

“Ah. I can see that Mikitty has gotten to you.”

“You. Squirt. Couch. Between the lovebirds. Now.” Yossy orders, jerking her thumb over her shoulder.

I belt out a groan, give Rika a peeved look, and begrudgingly plop down on the couch… this dirty couch. My body twitches, suddenly very uncomfortable on this couch they were just getting hot and heavy on.  I narrow my eyes into dangerous slits, glaring at each half of the newly formed couple until I feel they’ve gotten my message.

“So, can anyone tell me what I walked in on?” Yossy asks, casually tightening her ponytail as she reclines against the TV stand.

God, this is terrible. We’re like ten-year-olds in the principal’s office! I don’t even need to be here!

“Um, what happened was-“I begin, shooting my hand in the air while checking to be sure neither Aya nor Miki have an explanation.

“Rhetorical.”

Our heads snap down in unison and we stare at our shoes (or socks, in Aya’s case).

“I’ll tell you what happened, based on what I’ve seen.”

“Oh, god, Yossy, please…please, ju-just don’t do it!” I beg, watching with mortification as Yossy points a finger at the fallen DVD rack and starts talking in her 'detective' voice.

GAM looks at me with quizzical expressions and I shake my head, rolling off the couch and landing on my knees. She can’t do this! Not now! At least don’t bring me into this and wait until I have a girlfriend!

“Obviously, an orgy was about to begin, and you,” Yossy points and me, then gestures behind Rika to the fallen DVD rack, “Were getting a blank disc and a video camera to record-“

“No, there was no orgy! I would never touch Aya like that!” Miki interjects, turning bright red (in anger or embarrassment, I don’t know) at the implications.

“What was that?” Aya snaps, jumping to her feet and leering at Miki; suddenly my position on the floor doesn’t seem very safe and I jerk myself out of the destruction zone just as Aya stomps in front of a stunned Miki.

Oh, god. Why? Of all the times to let her mouth go, wh-why now!?

GAM was finally together!  Boom, click, snap! The deal was sealed, admittedly with more kissing and touching that I would have liked to have seen, but it was sealed dammit!

“I-I didn’t mean that! Of course I would touch you like that!”

“What did you mean when you said that then?”

Miki doesn’t answer right away. Instead, she glares holes through her tennis shoes, through the floor and probably the poor person below us.

“Great! We’re all screwed! Fujimoto is pissed!” I declare, having lost my last marble when I banged my head against the table. The only person to acknowledge my deranged outburst is Miki, and even so, it’s only a glare that’s only half as powerful as the normal Fujimoto Glare.

Sighing in exasperation, Miki slowly stands (and manages not to knock into Aya, barely even a centimeter away); in a surprise move, fixes Aya’s bangs with her fingers (despite being glared at with murderous intent) and presses a kiss to her cheek,  “I meant I would never let anyone else touch you like that! Especially that-“

USO!? I got you together in the first place!” I screech, settling for pouting into Yossy’s sweatshirt clad shoulder.

“-Kid over there! You’re mine.” Miki finishes thoughtfully, resting her hands against her side.

After a few minutes of what seems to be impending doom, Aya breaks out into a silly grin.

So, if you would please take a seat on the couch-“ Yossy coughs.

“Can I take the floor?”

“Sure, Gaki.”

GAM slips back onto the couch—holding hands and making eyes at each other—and I make a face and plop down right where I am.

“Can anyone explain what I just walked in on?”

I once again raise my hand, “Well, I was going to earlier…”

Yossy nods, “Explain.”

I scratched my chin. Where to start? There was a lot that Yossy had missed out on. And there were also some things I wanted to know, like how everyone in this room knew each other on what seemed to be a personal level.

“Miki held me to our agreement-“

---------

Miki held me to our agreement—an eye for an eye. She helped me woo her cousin; I tutored her in math. It should be fairly easy, right? Yes, for the most part, it was, but when Miki became stubborn, it was like teaching a brick wall how to dance.

In my right hand was a freshly sharpened pencil and in my left was Miki’s most recent test, which was proudly marked with a very large ‘B’ at the top. Surprisingly, but pleasing nonetheless, Miki was opting to bring the score up to an ‘A’ by correcting the problems she hadn’t gotten points on. Finally, I was getting through to her…

Kind of.

Operation GAM was another story. Whenever Aya walked into the apartment, Miki became a blubbering pile of goop. She did whatever the younger girl wanted, and I personally was about to ask Aya how she managed to make Miki such a softie; Maybe all this ‘I’ll be your slave’ behavior was part of her attempts to get through to Aya. To each their own, I suppose. Maybe I didn’t have the right to talk, since I had been tiptoeing about talking to Ai until Wednesday of this week.

How did it go?

Well, let’s see…

One, I tried to talk to her. Two, she gives me a weird and somewhat afraid look. Three, she runs away. Four, I fell down the stairs.

Yeah, I’m so smooth, I scowl and move the Hello Kitty icepack resting on my head so that it’s in a better position. Surprisingly, this isn’t Aya’s. Who knew a person like Miki could like Hello Kitty.

Apparently, Miki is full of surprises; I try to suppress the scream building in my throat so Miki won’t get too cocky. But even so…

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!”

I jump to my feet and throw my fist in the air, repeating the exclamation to myself whilst ignoring the confused glances thrown my way. Yes! This is fantastic! Finally, a breakthrough with algebraic equations!

“The Gatas didn’t believe me when I told them I could make people of all age’s cli…”

Without even looking, I can see that cheeky little grin on her face and that only embarrasses (and infuriates) me. Not catching how quickly her prideful statement ended, I decided to barrel forward and give her a taste of her own medicine.

I whipped around, jabbing a finger at her unsettlingly horrified expression, and gave Miki her own signature smirk, “What was that? Climax, huh? Well, I doubt you could make Aya do something like that, and on top of that, I really doubt you could even confess to Aya!”

“Confess what?”

Ohno.” I fall forward and cling to Miki like a koala bear, hoping against all odds that the voice I just heard is a figment of my imagination. Even in the midst of my meltdown, a part of my conscious points out how my voice was lacking in the lion-like ferocity it held a few seconds ago. I slap that thought aside, focusing instead on how comfortable Miki is, even though we’re both shaking like lambs.

Bang the gavel already and send us off to the slammer, judge. We’re guilty as hell.

I hear Aya set her bag down; carefully kick off her heals, and take cautious steps towards us, “I’ll ask again. Confess what?”

Survival instincts compel me to smash my face into the crook of Miki’s neck and press myself tighter into her. How I wish I could hide in my own pants right now, but having Mikitty wrap her arms around me in a deathly tight grip will suffice.

I’m scared.

Me too.

This is your fault.

Just hold me.

We huddle closer together, wondering how our death will play out—stabbing to death with racy pumps? Too kind. Pounded to a bleeding pulp? Closer. Wrapped in sushi blankets and dangled inches over a pit of starving sharks? Possibly, yes, possibly.

Whoa, whoa, whoa… who says this is a bad thing?

I peel myself from Miki’s front, carefully unwrapping her arms from me, as I give her knowing smirk. “Tell her.” I mouth, ignoring the possibilities of a dirty joke coming my way, which would revolve around the fact that I'm straddling her right now.

Ew… Me like Miki? Not that Miki’s gross or anything… she’s just… Miki. Ah! I’m getting distracted. Stay on task, Niigaki. Make the play!

“I’m going to… go…” I alternate between looking at Miki’s face, perfect for the poster of a horror film, and Aya’s curious expression, “See…how many…uh…” I grab Miki’s test and excuse myself to the kitchen before I make things worse for myself.

As soon as I’m sure they’ve stopped staring at my back, I poke my head out of the doorframe.

They’re silent. Bodies tight with tension and faces hardened with stony expressions. It’s like a western stand-off, but it’s ten at night and there aren’t guns anywhere in this apartment… I hope.

“So.” Aya’s first to drop her façade. She slowly settles onto the couch with Miki and (I assume) takes her hands and starts her usual habit of playing with her fingers. I know from past observation that the gesture easily calms Miki down, but in this situation, only seems to put Miki further on the edge she’s precariously balancing on.

“So.” Miki repeats back quietly.

I roll my eyes and not-so-discreetly cough, jerking my head out of sight before Miki marches in here to slaughter me using my own cleats.

Silence.

No Miki coming in here to choke me.

Silence.

No Aya-Miki conversation.

This… could be bad.

I’m ready to jump into the fray and tell Miki that I need help reading her writing, because well, a hyper baboon could write better than her, especially if it was Rafiki. Oh, Disney movies are the best! I just got Lilo and- Whoa. I really need to stop getting distracted like that. Coach is going to kill me if I do that during a game.

I shake my head and rest against the counter, “Operation: Save Miki, is a-go!”

--------------

“And things… made a catastrophic turn for the worse.” I finish sheepishly, scratching the back of my head.

“Wait, what did you mean by, ‘A person like Miki could like Hello Kitty’?”

“If you didn’t want me to explain, you should have raised your hand!” I shout, and suddenly something resurfaces in my
memories, “And you know, Miki, turning the paper sideways does not make an infinity sign an eight!”

“You turned the paper sideways?” Aya giggles, laying her head against the older girl’s shoulder.

“Moving on!”

“Right,” I roll my eyes and look up to stare at my older sibling, “Why have you been gone so much?”

“It was because of me. I graduated the day of your game, Gaki; I’m really sorry I couldn’t come see you in action.” Rika apologizes to me instead, wrapping her arms around herself.

“Eh? You graduated?” Aya asks.

That reminds me, I still never found out how everyone knows each other.

I haul myself into Yossy’s arms with a big grin plastered across my face, “Does this mean…?”

“Mean what? What’s going on?” Miki shouts, dumping Aya from her lap as she stands.

“We’re getting married. That’s why we—I was gone so long.” Yossy nods, wrapping her arms around my torso.

“I’m asking Ai to the wedding!” I blurt out, ignoring the smirk (Miki) being sent my way.

“Ai?” Yossy repeats back, furrowing her eyebrows.

“Miki’s cousin.” Aya explains, pointing at the currently flexing Miki before following up with a kick to the knees, “Knock it off, dummy.”

“Is she like you, Mikitty?” Rika looks horrified right now.

“Psh. Are you crazy? I would never let my precious Ai turn out like me.” Miki chuckles, swatting away Aya’s foot.

“Because then she would be an idiot.” I grin, pointing to the finished math test on the table.

“Brat.” Miki hisses while crossing her arms.

“That’s my nickname, don’t wear it out,” I wink, “Let’s talk more about the wedding.” I say, dragging Yossy over to the couch while motioning for Rika to join us as well.

And so, the family is finally together again.

Aren’t we special?

Offline maikeatoot

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 'KameShige'!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
 haha im starting to like mikitty more in this story!she's soo cutee!! and as usual ishiyoshi,! and hm takagaki..please?

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
Its a beautiful DAY!!!  :peace:
o ho ho ho. . .
still can't get a clue on how i managed to unblock the block one!!!
but happy you manage to update... :cow:

so imagine the face of Gaki-san saying the word "USO" , always remember her for that..
and the ever protective Yossy on Gankou Ittetsu mode!  :pimp:
And so pervy that an orgy is on going with matching video recording... :lol:

Curious on how the story will end...
But not for now...please
Waiting for the special moment...for the special family :wub:

Offline darkacex99

• Member+
  • RISA RISA RISA!!!
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
Oh my goodness, i juss got into this fanfic and it is sooo good :thumbsup. At first when i read that gaki and yossie were siblings i was all like  :shocked , but its honestly cute the way they interact with each other
Im really enjoying the story so far  :yossi:

I know ppl r busy wit skool and life but I do hope u update soon cuz i wanna see wat goes on next :peace:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~