JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Dec 16 2010

Author Topic: (Group) After School (애프터스쿨)  (Read 212323 times)

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) After School (애프터스쿨)
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »
That's Lizzy right ? around 0:13s
Dang. Nana looks so pretty. And Juyeon, those eyes  :drool: btw cute haircut. Love the vocal. watching this teaser I think Bang! gonna beat RDR  :yep:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:35:13 PM by miki »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2010, 09:40:38 PM »
^
From what I've read, the girls are actually drumming in the song themselves. And the drums are supposed to form the main part of the song. We'll see when the full song is released in a couple of days.

Also their comeback stage on Friday's Music Bank should be some hot shit if they do some drumming!

I also have doubts about whether they're actually drumming too but I wouldn't rule out the possibility completely. I was more referring to how I have never seen a snare harness like that ever, and that the way they were wearing the drums doesn't make any sense to me.

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2010, 12:23:20 AM »
^ Interesting. That's cool that they learned how to play the marching drums =D.
Really loving the MV teaser!

Individual Photos:

credit: ASCN

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2010, 07:39:15 AM »
^ You forgot Nana's photo:

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
To be honest, I haven't been keeping up much with ASS since the addition of the two new members (not because they're bad, I actually like them, just don't have time), but I'm definitely interested again. The fact that they trained to do a few drumline routines is impressive and totally a new thing for Kpop. Nice way to think outside the box :)

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
Hmm Bang is a bit less ballad-y then I thought (what I thought from the teaser)
Tons of drums though, reminds me of Drumline lol

"Kahi and Jung Ah were directly involved in the drum session which starts with a fast beat and strong drum that will quickly capture your ears with an intense feeling."

Love this track

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
Viva la Let's Do It showcase drumming!  :jphip: Never thought I'd ever see the day when idols would play a cadence.

Still all D: over the snare harnesses though, it really looks like the drums would dig into the girls' crotches. DX

Bang is boring and With U is After School singing a ballad  :lol:, so the only draw here is how they'll perform it, with Gahee being all "Let's do some DRUMMING, motherfuckers!" and "This choreography from America is shit, I will make my own because I'm AWESOME"  :wub:

Plus the marching concept is >>>>>> more interesting than all of the "black" image girlgroups. You can only take so much leather, "fuck me" looks, and fail!sex dancing before HBICS like After School come along and beat you up.  :wub: (Still luv ya SNSD no hard feelings 'kay?)

Offline enigMatt

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2010, 02:02:00 AM »

YUM!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:20:20 AM by enigMatt »

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2010, 02:40:20 AM »
I've been listening to this all day! Really everything I expected. Can't wait for their comeback stage!

More promo pics from their website:

Also Pledis said that they'll also be releasing an MV for Let's Do It

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:54 AM »

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2010, 03:38:43 AM »
I gave Bang a few listens and it's still not sticking, though I gotta say the drumming is pretty hot. But...I've been enjoying With U more, I like this piece better haha.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2010, 04:26:51 AM »
*is highly amused at After School playing cheap tenor drums over a snare synth*
*also has never seen tenor drums in marching anyway because I grew up in a drum corps style area*
*will wait for performance to confirm suspicions that AS is using arm to brute force the speed since they don't have the chops to crank through that lick properly*

...Very little actual drumming screentime, in that MV, ain't it? I mean, sure AS working the catwalk was all sorts of  :drool:, but they gave the dance shots incredible amounts of time when I'm pretty sure we'll see the dance live waaaay more than the drumming, so why not give us a NG-free copy of the drumming while you can?  :?

Oh fuck, they're wearing heels! DX Marching in heels!?  :shocked First no proper harness so that the drum is banging against your legs with every step, and then they also have to do it in HEELS? Daaaaaaayyummmmm.

Also Pledis said that they'll also be releasing an MV for Let's Do It
  :w00t: :cow: :panic: :w00t: :cow:
VIVA LA IDOL DRUMLINE!  :jphip: The rhythms in Let's Do It are so much more fun than Bang's shitty synths. Idol cadence FTW!
But yeah, Bang as a song is pretty boring. Full points for AS having THE most creative concept of the year, but without it I wouldn't have given this single much thought.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2010, 05:21:37 AM »
I really like the overall concept. It's interesting and still flattering/hot (which I haven't really thought about anything since TMYW) The song seems like it could have been a lot better with a name like Bang and the marching band theme. All the synth percussions sounds cheap compared to the actual drums. :lol: Lets do it is a cool intro but it would have been so much more raw and epic if they lost the synth horns or whatever and just had the drums and hype man stuff.

My group opinion is still Jooyeon and Jungah are sooooo F-ing :drool: maximum :jerk: x1000. Yet I don't really know anything about any of the new members added since the beginning, besides Uee. -_- 

Edit: I just remembered I have a bunch of awesome old drum corps videos in my YT favorites. Now I'll be watching these till 2 in the morning. :lol: :cry:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:36:11 AM by zoolander »

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2010, 05:29:23 AM »
All I can say is I'm sorely disappointed. Reading about them trying to learn the drums and putting out a band concept seemed so great, but Bang is just so -.- First song from them I haven't really liked. It's OK I guess.. but that's me reaching to like it. With U is pretty good though, similar to When I Fall, I guess cause Gahi wrote them.
MV was super disappointing too, even though the girls were off the scales hot in it. I hope the Let's Do It MV is better.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2010, 05:52:43 AM »
Lets do it is a cool intro but it would have been so much more raw and epic if they lost the synth horns or whatever and just had the drums and hype man stuff.

Edit: I just remembered I have a bunch of awesome old drum corps videos in my YT favorites. Now I'll be watching these till 2 in the morning. :lol: :cry:

Re: Let's Do It
IKNORITE

Re: TSDC
Whoa, that's different. Cadence-like rhythms but tons of integrated non-drumming choreography. But also IKR: I went and dug up some good ol' Pasic and Lone Star performances as well as Phantom and Cavalier breaks after the MV teaser came out. XD I even watched Cavaliers WC 2006 again today.

Please tell me I'm not insane and that the girls are playing tenor drums in super sketchy harnesses!

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2010, 06:18:17 AM »
I think your right, looks sketchy. But I'm no expert. I had a drum kit growing up but never learned anything. :sweatdrop:

Holy fuck I just listened to half an hour of drum corps and giant bagpiper groups, I'm now ready to run through walls and shit ARRRGhhhheghh222!!!

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2010, 07:43:48 AM »
Listening to Bang and Let's Do It on repeat makes me miss my marching days
Then I remember that my assistant band director was a bitch and the feeling's gone lmao

BTW Spotting Lizzy in the MV is very hard, I didn't notice her until like the 3rd time

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »
Did anyone noticed something iffy about the single's tracklist? It's so jphip. :P

1. Let's Do It! [Do what?]
2. Bang! [With who?]
3. With U

:rofl:

I didn't spot that first btw. :roll: I like Nana (and Juyeon) but I'm getting her mixed up with the new girl in the MV. Bang! has a Hollaback Girl-ish kinda vibe plus it reminds me of my high school marching band. Since I'm from the South our marching bands were a little ghetto-fied. :lol: I can see the Step Team getting down to this song. :lol: And that Jordache Jeans CM-like scene in the middle is a bit random. XD Can't wait for the performances!

Subbed

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »
I like the video but wish their had been more intense dancing, more drum scenes, less catwalk, less tacky satin costumes. It is a fun B or B- but it could have been an ace if they'd had a better director.

I am so confused with this Lizzy business--she's in, but she's not *really* in, she's just a replacement if UEE can't make it to a performance...? They really needed to add her? They already have Nana and Juyeon who barely have any lines, so why couldn't they have just had them do the parts? UEE doesn't get a lot of lines, anyway...

So confusing and weird, Pledis. What gives!?

this is sickkk
After School Kahi & Jung Ah - Let's Do It Practice Video

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Dec 16 2010